Best Company Guarantee UnaliWear Logo

UnaliWear

LAST UPDATED: July 1st, 2022

UnaliWear is a medical alert company seeking to help vulnerable populations increase their independence while maintaining dignity. UnaliWear’s main product is the Kanega Watch. The company's founder, Jean Anne Booth, got the idea for the Kanega Watch when trying to get a medical alert system for her aging mother. Her mother would not wear a neck pendant and Jean Anne, as an electrical engineer/entrepreneur, felt she could work with her team of developers and investors to create a best-in-class medical alert alternative. The Kanega Watch is that alternative.

The only medical alert watch with built-in fall detection, designed to be worn everywhere (bed, shower, out shopping, visiting family, etc.), uniquely connects to both WiFi and cellular (for the best coverage) and never needs to be removed to charge – so you can truly be protected 24/7. To get help, simply use your voice or the watch’s alert button or automatically via the watch’s fall detection functionality.

Any of those will immediately connect you to a 24/7 emergency response operator based in the United States with a TMA 5-Diamond and UL certification. The operator will seek to speak to you through your watch. If you are unresponsive, they can contact your emergency contacts as well as dispatch emergency services to your GPS location.

Customers are charged a one-time fee upfront along with monthly charges to cover monitoring and cellular service. The cost of the Kanega Watch is more expensive than others on the market; however, the watch’s unique fall detection, voice activation, continuous wearing and multiple connectivity features rationalize the increased expense for many wearers – particularly those turned off by neck pendants that can be more stigmatizing

The watch comes in three accent colors: rose gold, black, and champagne gold. The watch is resistant to sweat and water making it easy to wear in the shower or while exercising. The design is both sleek and discreet making it a great companion for everyday activities.

Keep reading the pros and cons of choosing the Unaliwear Kanega Watch.

The Good

• Fall Detection Machine Learning
  • 3 Ways to Get Help (Including Voice Activation)
  • 30-Day Risk-Free Trial
  • No Need to Remove to Charge
  • Wide Call Coverage

Fall Detection Machine Learning

Over time, the Kanega Watch learns your daily routines and movements to create a more accurate fall detection feature. You can also customize how sensitive you want the watch to be. The watch can detect when you’ve fallen and contact the operator to send emergency services. This automatic fall detection is a patented technology exclusive to the Kangea Watch. The technology is meant to cut back on the false fall alerts that notify medical alarm call centers even when there is no emergency.

Other companies often charge for an additional pendant whose sole purpose is to detect falls. UnaliWear offers the convenience of having these features along with others all include in one device.

3 Ways to Get Help (Including Voice Activation)

Pressing little buttons on a small watch interface can result in a frustrating experience. When you’re in an emergency situation, you need to be able to communicate quickly.  That’s why UnaliWear created a watch that uniquely offers three ways to get help – fall detection, button, and voice. You can also press the watch button to connect with the response center based in the United States. The watch wearers can also set up medication reminders in the online portal.

The watch does not require a landline or cellphone to work. The Kanega Watch has its own Wi-Fi connection and LTE technology. This gives you the freedom to leave the house without a phone while still keeping a communication device on you.

30-Day Risk-Free Trial

All purchases include a 30-day risk-free trial. That means if you are not satisfied with the product within the first 30 days of purchase, you can return the watch for a full refund. Risk-free trials show that the company believes in its product quality and value.

None of the plans include a contract. You can cancel at any time for a pro-rated refund of all the unused months paid upfront; by simply returning the equipment back to UnaliWear in good condition. The initial set-up fee is not refundable after the 30 days have passed.

No Need to Remove to Charge

One of the most convenient features of the Kanega Watch is its long-lasting charge. Each purchase comes with four rechargeable lithium batteries. You never have to worry about remembering to charge the watch at night and put it back on in the morning. Just swap out the batteries daily to stay protected.

Watch batteries are easy to replace and require minimal finger strength. There is also a backup battery in the watch that provides GPS location and enough power to make a 15-minute call or remain on standby for up to 8 additional hours.

Wide Call Coverage

The Kanega Watch stays connected to Verizon’s cellular network at all times. In addition to the cellular connection, the watch also has Wi-Fi connectivity capabilities to keep your connection strong while you’re at home. Not all homes have reliable cellular service so this Wi-Fi connectivity helps ensure fast and consistent service.

The Bad

• No Wearable Neck Pendant Options
  • Higher than Average Monthly Cost

No Wearable Neck Pendant Options

The majority of providers offer medical alert pendants you can wear around your neck or wrist. UnaliWear only sells a smartwatch, rather than wearable pendants. However, this may not be seen as a disadvantage if you prefer a smartwatch over a wearable pendant.

Expensive Monthly Cost

UnaliWear offers a quarterly and an annual payment plan. The annual plan includes an upfront cost of $199 for the watch and ongoing monitoring service for $59.95 per month. The quarterly plan is a little more expensive with a one-time fee of $299 and $69.95 per month for monitoring services.

Other medical alert smartwatches have comparable up-front prices with a range between $49.99 to $199.00. Some medical alert companies offer the equipment for free on lease and only charge you a monthly service cost. Based on our research, UnaliWear has one of the most expensive monthly service charges for its smartwatch. This is something to consider if you are trying to find an affordable medical alert option.

Note: The company offers discounts for individuals buying two Kanega watches in the same location. You can also get a free month of service if you are an AARP member or a family member of active duty military or veteran.

The Bottom Line

UnaliWear has taken medical alert smartwatches to the next level by including several exclusive features such as voice-activation, smart fall detection, and Wi-Fi compatibility. The long-lasting battery makes it easy to wear the watch day and night. Individuals won’t have to worry about forgetting to put it on every day.

The Kanega Watch is priced above other traditional medical alert products. This watch may not be the right fit for you if you have a tight budget and need a very simple medical alert pendant.

The company does not offer other medical alert devices. However, the Kanega Watch is a versatile product that works in the home or when you are outside. UnaliWear’s watch is a good fit for individuals seeking a simplified device that provides safety and independence; particularly for those looking for a fall detection device that does not require wearing a neck pendant.

Message from
UnaliWear

Unali means “friend,” and Kanega means “speak” in the Cherokee Native American language. So we aspire to be “the friend that speaks to you” and helps you stay independent with dignity.

The Kanega Watch is the only medical alert watch with built-in Fall Detection. Until her mother passed away in late 2018, Jean Anne Booth, our founder, continued to run every prototype by her mother to make sure her tech made sense in the real world. Her mother had the title of "Senior Experience Officer" – both literally and figuratively.

That's why the Kanega Watch is waterproof, voice, button and fall detection activated, and it never needs to be removed to charge (among other key features) – providing real round-the-clock peace of mind for wearers and those who care for them.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

4.1

Kevin Wood Enville, TN

Instead of pointing out the obvious of a wearable 24x7 watch I'd like to point out 2 things. My mother has had one fall since having the watch. The watch detected the fall. Fortunately she was not seriously hurt and we didn't have to get help but it brought her, and us greater confidence in the product. Secondly any issue that we had with the watch, including a replacement band, damage to the watch itself, and battery replacement for not taking charge was shipped to us typically in 2-3 days after reaching out. The customer service is wonderful, easy, and no questions asked. My mother would much rather have a leather watch band just for comfort reasons and hope that becomes available soon.

Oonagh Ross Littleton, CO

I chose Unaliwear Kanega Watch first of all because I did not want something hanging round my neck. I aery deaf and already wear round my neck a volume control device. The first day I wore it, I took it off when I went to bed and put it down on the bedside table - obviously I laid it down a little hard, but, as I was not wearing my hearing aids, I did not hear the prompt that suggests a fall. The result wa that the emergenc system set in motion a call too my daughter, she arrived sometime later (by that time I was fast asleep). As she wa assured there was no emergency, she took care of cancelling the alarm. Since then, I have had the Fall Detected alarm come on when I have made an abrupt movement, but have no had a fall. It is simple to press the button and assure there is no emergency. I had a problem with setting the batteries early on - I was probably pushing them too hard - and the service call wan answered by a very kind, clear spoken gentleman who arranged for replacements immediately. So, every dealing I have had with the company has been resolved quickly and courteously. In the spae provided for this review I cannot read back and corret any errors, you will have to do that, or show me a printout. Thank you.l for y earing aid

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your 5-star review, Oonagh. We appreciate the confidence you have in your Kanega Watch and that our Customer Success Team served you with professionalism, empathy and speed - as that is what we strive to do everyday. In addition, please note that, unlike every other medical alert system available, the Kanega Watch learns your specific movements the longer you wear it, thus reducing false fall alerts. All the best and stay well and safe.

Maxine Ross New Castle, PA

There are many things that I like about UnaliWear. The pre-purchase customer service was excellent. All of my questions were answered. Most important to me is the fact that the watch is able to connect to my home WIFI system. I live in a little "valley" and do not have cell service inside my home. This is the ONLY device that has this capability. Without it, I would have no protection inside my home. The watch was shipped very quickly and the customer service has been excellent since that time. I needed to have the level of the microphone adjusted and also needed a replacement battery that was sent quickly. I cannot say enough good things about this company!!

Doug Houghton Melbourne, VIC

Luckily, I remembered to put my neckless pendant on after charging it overnight on a remote charger. I fell and collapsed a lung. I woke p three days later in the ICU in the hospital. After that incident, I wanted something more pernenent than a neckless that I take off to charge. I found Kenaga. What a joy! I never take it off and only switch batteries once a day. It has automatic fall detection, verbally tells you the time and day, and reminds you to take your meds. Also, the company is fantastic. They will bend over backward to help you. I am very pleased with both the watch and service

Richard Strauss Chappaqua, NY

I really love my Kanega Watch. I never have to take it off, which is really comforting, and I don't have to look like an old person with an alert device around my neck. Customer service is great and I have contacted the response center through my watch several times and they are always prompt and professional. Company makes a great product and I recommend it to all my friends.

Garnet Persinger Chapel Hill north Carolina

ROSAMOND PRINCE Connellys Springs, NC

Since I hike and bike, I would never consider wearing one of those clunky pendants around my neck instead I have an attractive Kanega watch. There is no cell phone signal here, so the WiFi capability of the Kanega is extremely important I need coverage at home, and during hiking- and bicycling-time. I never have to take the watch off, (for charging or shower), so 24/7, I have help immediately. I can cancel the call, or the operator will call my emergency contacts, and if necessary, call 911. That happened recently when I stumbled badly, didn't hear the Kanega respond because I was in a building with a tin roof during a hard rain. I finally heard the watch, and was able at the last minute to tell the operator to cancel the ambulance. On two other occasions, I have been contacted to inquire if I was OK when I had fallen but didn't actually get hurt. It is such a comfort to know that there is always a quick, and courteous response to my (perceived) falls. I love that the watch has become attuned to me, and responds appropriately. So, Kanega is the perfect choice far better than the alternatives that all have to be removed for charging, have no WiFi, and/or are ugly. Plus Unali's customer service gets 6 out of 5 stars!

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you so much for your thoughts and kind words. Yes, WiFi connectivity is a huge differentiator between your Kanega Watch and all other medical alert devices that are cellular-based only. All the best and stay well and safe.

Carole Hart NA

Nancy Powell NA

Peggy and Paul Brockington Decatur, GA

Great customer service and support, reliable device, ease of use, fact watch never needs to be taken off, easy to change batteries without ever removing watch, very caring staff.

Ralph Wendell Keesling New Castle, IN

I am always getting a response when I get in what might seem a precarious position. Since the loss of my wife and living alone and being age 93 I feel more safe from an accidental fall.

Tricia Baughman Phoenix, AZ

I have severe migraine neck issues which prevent me from wearing a typical fall detection device around my neck so, the Kanega watch is my best solution. It does tend to be over-reactive to supposed verbal requests for help among other things; however, the comfort of being able to be in 24/7 contact with their customer support system more than makes up for it. Also, while they tell you that the batteries will last 24-36 hours, in my experience over the past year plus… that is definitely a stretch! It would be nice if batteries lasted longer AND if there was some way to charge it in your car instead of only being able to charge it in an electrical outlet.

Reply from UnaliWear

We are happy that the Kanega Watch gives you a medical alert option that works for you given your neck issues. Regarding the over-reaction to voice activation, please contact our customer success team if you'd like us to reduce the sensitivity of your voice activation, which would alleviate that issue. In addition, the batteries are designed to last 24-36 hours on a full charge - the lower number is for those that are mostly out of the house on cellular all day and the higher number is for those that are mostly at home on WiFi (which drains the batteries more slowly). If you are finding that is not your experience, please contact our customer success team for troubleshooting and assistance. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jun. 29th, 2022

Mary DeJong Delray Beach, FL

I love my watch. Previously I had a different medical alert company which entailed a base station, a pendant which was awkward to wear at night and never wore it during the day, and a unit to carry if I fell or got lost. I hated the whole experience. Now I have all that by just wearing my watch. I definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a medical alert system.

T James Reichardt Wimauma, FL

It's been interesting working with your great staff. After returning my first watch, you engineers made several changes allowing my new watch to be modified and personalized. In addition, I love the new design. I feel very confident with my Kanega watch. Thank you!

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your kind words and 5-star review. As you have discovered, for the small % of wearers who have issues with wearing their Kanega Watch, we have a few modifications that can make a real difference. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you to make your Kanega Watch a device that provides you with the 24/7 peace of mind you deserve. All the best and stay well and safe.

Paula Kirkpatrick Decatur, GA

I have no complaints about my UnaliWear Kanega watch. I gives me and my children peace of mind as I live alone. It is waterproof so I am protected in the shower. The customer service is superior. The watch is attractive to wear. Gold stars!

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you, Paula, for your kind words and 5-star review. We are glad you are wearing it everywhere, including in the shower, to provide you and your family the peace of mind you all deserve. All the best and stay well and safe.

Patricia Peko Novelty, OH

My Mom is very happy with her Kanega watch, and it gives me peace of mind knowing she is wearing it. Unfortunately, the band broke after just a couple of months, but customer service responded and a replacement is on the way.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you, Patricia, for your kind words and 5-star review. We are so happy the Kanega Watch is providing the peace of mind that you and your Mom both deserve. All the best and stay well and safe.

Shirley Lundin La Grange, IL

Contacts are very responsive, but the ultra-sensitivity of radiio contact has created some unnecessary alarms that have brought help when none was needed. This mornng, for example, the watch picked up a radio commentator's voice and reported it as an alarm, while we were still in bed. Responders came and woke us up. I suppose this can be considered "a learning experience."

Reply from UnaliWear

We are sorry you are experiencing this, Shirley. Note that the Voice Activation feature is listening to activate the watch if it believe it hears the wake word and Get Help - so lots of ambient noise (like a loud TV or radio over extended time) can sometimes trigger it. Note that you can contact our Customer Success Team to reduce the sensitivity of your watch's Voice Activation. We can even turn it off remotely, with your permission, if that is something you would prefer. The most important aspect of the Kanega Watch is that you wear it, so if you are finding these alerts annoying, know you have options to make it better for you and your lifestyle. All the best and stay well and safe.

SHIRLEY SANDERS Bogart, GA

It is in watch form rather than a necklace type. It works giving a fall alert if a fall occurs. Customer service is responsive, easy to work with. Kanega works.

Rose Narvaez Kailua, HI

UnaliWear's staff is very responsive and helpful when Mom has had issues with her Kanega watch. They have been patient and quick to send another watch when needed.

Evan Glickstein Arlington, VA

The UnaliWear team has thought of just about everything to make their fall alert watches easy to use for my father with dementia, and they are extremely helpful in working with customers to solve unique issues.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you, Evan, for your review and kind words. All the best to you and your Dad.

Anthony Reese San Diego, CA

Having this technology available is a great relief for myself and provides my family a sense of comfort that I am protected for a major mishap.

Claire J. Statz Prairie Du Sac, WI

It monitors me wherever I am. Easy to understand, will give you an option to either talk to it or use the crown button to cancel, as it is very sensitive to some movements.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your kind words and 5-star review. Note we are the only medical alert system available where the Fall Detection sensitivity can be customized for the wearer. If you are finding it too sensitive, please contact our Customer Success Team who can reduce this remotely, if that is something you would like to do. All the best and stay well and safe.

Katherine Ann Nagel Snellville, GA

Have had to have the watch replaced 2 times and the 3rd watch is falling apart. This is all within one year. The at least 2 of the batteries split apart with 7 months and then another cracked and would shortly fail. I had to replace batteries 2 or 3 times a day which is crazy. I also decided I did not want to pay $60.00 per month for monitoring. If the watch had tracked steps or any other health function I may have get it. It just wasn't worth the trouble for me to keep it.

Reply from UnaliWear

Sorry for your experience, Kathy, and to lose you as a Kanega Watch wearer. We have many wearers who have had their Kanega Watch for a number of years with no issues, no breakages of any kind. 2-3% of our wearers do have issues - mainly due to forcing the batteries into and out of their carriers; which can cause breakages over time. As you likely discovered, we have a pretty generous replacement policy when this occurs. We hope you find an alternative system that keeps you well and safe.

Anne Kerbyson Los Gatos, CA

I am very satisfied with my UnaliWear watch! It is easy to use, convenient to wear, and keeps very good track of my activities, i.e. "detects falls" "take meds" "??? and if no answers warns that the operator will be called. Etc. etc.

paul emch Solon, OH

I have had one of the Unaliwear watches for about a year. i have been pleased with their response to my questions and requests. zi needed a set of batteries and they appeared in a couple of days, I had damaged my watch and they replaced it quickly and at no charge. Their monitoring service is very effective. I was on my garden tractor mowing the lawn and the tractor bouncing caused the watch to detect a fall. The noise of the tractor engine drowned out the alarm on the watch. My wife came outside to let me know that the dispatch center had gotten an alert from the watch and wanted to be sure that I was ok. It worked as described in their literature. I have been pleased with the device and the support. Paul Emch

Joe Gatto La Jolla, CA

We subscribed for my father-in-law, who lives with us. After having the watch for just a few months, he fell in the bathroom and knocked his head on the floor. He was dazed and confused and the watch did its thing. It called my wife and me (the contacts listed in case of emergency) but we were both at an event with our phones off. The system then called the emergency system and a fire truck and ambulance showed up. They appropriately took him to the ER all before we even knew he fell. The watch worked exactly as it was designed exactly when needed. Service from Unali on many fronts before and during the incident has been extraordinary. We are very grateful for this excellent product.

John Rapier Mc Kinney, TX

Every product will have an issue from time to time. The good news is that Unaliwear's customer service is superb.

Toby Lopresti Culver City, CA

It thinks it detects a call often if there is a percussive movement (that's ok , I've gotten used to it) but the times I've slipped but caught myself and once when I actually fell it didn't detect anything.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for the thoughtful comments. Our Customer Success Team is reaching out to you regarding potential adjustments to your watch's Fall Detection sensitivity. In addition, we want to record the date and time of the fall the watch did not catch. We can actually look into your watch logs to see what the watch detected when you fell. We also use that fall data to improve the accuracy of our fall detection for all wearers, which no other provider does. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jerry Robinson San Francisco, CA

I really like some of the features, such as waterproof, easy battery changes, and live phone calls. I do find some of the features are not so easy to use, although the manual is certainly helpful. The fall detection is probably very good, but as expected I am getting many false detections, one resulting in the appearance of the Fire Dept. I seem to have had a number of difficulties using the product, that has included having to return the watch for a replacement a couple of times. Recently, the plastic, or whatever material, that attached the watch face to the band simply broke. A new watch was promptly received. I have had to return the watch for a replacement a couple of times

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for review and allowing us to continue to keep you safe; within seconds of a emergency response agent 24/7 through your Kanega Watch. Yes, a small percentage of our wearers can find the battery changing a bit challenging and, forcing the batteries into and/or pulling them out can cause immediate breakage of the band or small fractures that can cause unexpected breakage over time. I would encourage you to contact our customer success team to review the process of changing these spring loaded batteries again so this is no longer an issue for you going forward. Regarding the Fall Detection, we can reduce the sensitivity of your Fall Detection so those alerts are not as bothersome for you. All Fall Detection is predictive, but we are the only company in the world that offers a medical alert device in which the Fall Detection sensitivity can be customized. We hope you take advantage of this unique feature to ensure you get the most out of your Kanega Watch experience. All the best and stay well and safe.

Phyllis Schene Clearwater, FL

It's very good technology, but the product is made of cheap plastic and the parts do not hold up. I have had to get two replacements.

Reply from UnaliWear

Hi Phyllis, we do have a very small percentage of our wearers who break the battery carriers over time. Mostly this is due to improperly changing of the batteries. Please contact our Customer Success Team if we can be of help in identifying why these breakages are happening with your watch. All teh best and stay well and safe.

Betty soper Augusta, GA

My father has fallen two times since getting his watch and Unali and was there to help us get help for him quickly

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for sharing those experiences, Betty. We are glad the Kanega Watch was there for you and your father in his times of need. All the best and stay well and safe.

Vickie Willavize Mesa, AZ

The concept of the watch is great, but after 4 replacements and needing a fifth, I had to give up on it. The band needs work too, it would catch on my clothes

Reply from UnaliWear

We are really sorry for your experience and wish you all the best in finding a provider that best meets your needs.

Carol earls New Port Richey, FL

Watch plastic broke, can't wear it, so have no protection. Have to wait 7 to 10 days for a new watch! Unacceptable and unbelievable!! Am I going to get compensated for the time I'm not protected??

Reply from UnaliWear

We are sorry for your experience, but your replacement watch was actually delivered in 4 days, per our records. The watch is made and ships out from Austin, Texas via FedEx Ground. New and prospective wearers are offered the opportunity to pay for faster shipping, if that is their preference. We hope you enjoy the protection and comfort the Kanega Watch provides going forward.

Linda McAllister The Villages, FL

What I like best is the courtesy and willingness of customer service representative to take care of the problem. What I dislike is that an annoying issue is not resolved after 9 months of trying to get it resolved. At least several times a day the device out loud states "I thought I heard you ask for help" or "a fall has been detected." This occurs when I am playing bocce ball and involved in an activity such as yard work. The worst time is when I am conversation especially on the phone. The sensitivity has been adjusted at least 3 since I had to get another watch because the watch bar holder broke and would not hold the battery in place. Batteries have been replaced because they crack on the center prong "disappears". As of this writing I am going to stop using the watch when my subscription is up. I don't have any evidence that the watch would actually work if I fell or really needed help.

Reply from UnaliWear

Very sorry you feel this way about your Kanega Watch. Note, you are not locked into a contract and can return the watch and related equipment anytime for a prompt prorated refund. The Voice Activation and Fall Detection sensitivities can be adjusted, and would encourage you to work with our customer success team to match those sensitivities to your needs (they can also turn off the Voice Activation on your Kanega Watch entirely, if that is your preference). Yes, a small percentage of our wearers can find the battery changing a bit challenging and, forcing the batteries into and/or pulling them out can cause immediate breakage of the band or small fractures that can cause unexpected breakage over time. Please contact our customer success team to review the process of changing these spring loaded batteries again so this is no longer an issue for you going forward. All the best and stay well and safe.

Denny Baker Glen Burnie, MD

I like te fact that tyhe knwga watch is designed to address the 2 major areas of risk of falling. The ability to hide that one is wearing such a device , whji;le not a concern for mis also well done. And I tloime thatgthe company backs up their committm,ent by readily providing replacements if the hardware should fail. I remail fully committed to Unaliwear and the kanega watch

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are a mission based company so knowing we are providing you and our many other wearers with this kind of peace of mind is what drives us everyday to make the Kanega Watch experience better and better for our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

Pamela Ness Pawleys Island, SC

Easy to communicate with. The watch is an excellent protection devise.

Leola Gebauer Sturgeon Bay, WI

I've had problems with the watch since the beginning, the batteries, the band, and the last customer service situation.

Reply from UnaliWear

Very sorry for your experience, Leola. We know you had issues with changing the batteries, despite our best efforts to help you. We wish would could have kept you as a wearer and hope you find an option that works better for you going forward. All the best and stay well and safe.

Charles Todd Lawrenceville, GA

My experience is that the electronics is first rate but that the material and finish of the watch needs significant development and improvement

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your feedback and thoughtful response. We have many happy wearers who have never had to replace their watch after a number of years who might disagree with your assessment regarding the finish and materials. That said, about 2-3% of our wearers can have issues changing the batteries and, in forcing the batteries into and out of the watch, breakage can occur. We have a pretty generous replacement policy when that occurs. We also review every watch that comes back to assess ways to improve the experience going forward for all our wearers. We hope you continue to be a Kanega Watch wearer and that you stay well and safe.

Marcia Samoiloff Oceanside, CA

Love the fact that I do not have to fall to get help. There are many other reasons to need help right away. The thing I dislike most is the size I would like more colorful bands.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are a mission based company so knowing we are providing you and our many other wearers with this kind of peace of mind is what drives us everyday to make the Kanega Watch experience better and better for our growing community. Regarding the size, the rechargeable batteries do make the band bigger than that of most smartwatches, but the design intent is that our wearers never have to take their Kanega Watch off to charge - providing real 24/7 protection. That said, the watch is quite light - at less than 50 grams - or about the weight of 2 slices of bread. All the best and stay well and safe.

Patricia Grevin Reinholds, PA

your always respond when I hit the button by accident

VIRGINIA TRIBE Sierra Vista, AZ

Fall alert goes off incorrectly 10 or more times a day, and I can't see the time on the watch when I want to.

Reply from UnaliWear

Sorry for your experience, Virginia. We will have one of our Customer Success Team members call you today to discuss adjusting the Voice and Fall alert sensitivity of your watch, which should quickly address this issue. In addition, when you turn the Kanega Watch to your face, it should automatically light up with large black on white numbers for you to see the time. You can also push the crown button once and it will also light up. We do this to save battery power, so the watch is always able to keep you protected, 24/7. All the best and stay well and safe.

Mary DeJong Delray Beach, FL

I love it’s simplisty. I don’t need all the things that went with life alert. Just wear the watch 24/7 and it’s easy to use.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are a mission based company so knowing we are providing you and our many other wearers with discreet and simple peace of mind 24/7 is what drives us everyday to make the Kanega Watch experience better and better for our growing community. All the best and stay well and safe.

susan freud Tucson, AZ

Problems with the fall detection program.

Reply from UnaliWear

Hi Susan, sorry for your experience. Please contact our Customer Success Team to review your concerns. We can make adjustments to your watch remotely that might alleviate those problems. All the best and stay well and safe.

FRANCES M STAUNTON Troy, NY

Responses are either too slow, or false positive

Reply from UnaliWear

Hi Frances, sorry for your experiences with false positives. Note that the Kanega Watch is the only medical alert device where the sensitivity of these alerts - both voice and fall detection activity - can be reduced at your request. In addition, the watch learns your movements over time, naturally reducing false fall detection positives. Please contact our customer success team if we can be of service in making your Kanega Watch work best for you going forward. All the best and stay well and safe.

Phyllis Patricelli Valatie, NY

Reacts to deep voices without the password being said

Reply from UnaliWear

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Phyllis. Note your watch's Voice Activation sensitivity can be reduced at your request. Please contact our Customer Success Team if that is something you would like to have implemented for your watch. All the best and stay well and safe.

Debbie Lehbert Berkeley Springs, WV

It isuch better that the fall . Has been turned down

Reply from UnaliWear

Glad you were able to get the Fall Detection sensitivity customized for your preferences/needs. All the best and stay well and safe.

Dorothy Studer Grantsville, UT

Too many technical problems with the watch, going off unnecessarily. Canceled the service.

Reply from UnaliWear

We are sorry for your experience. We worked with you to turn off the Voice Activation and reduce the sensitivity of the Fall Detection, per your requests. That said, the watch is designed to alert if it detects an odd movement via your arm. Pushing the crown button of the watch twice immediately disables that alert and, in addition, the watch uniquely learns your movements so that the number of false fall alerts decreases over time - something no other provider offers. We are really sorry to lose you as part of our growing community and wish you all the best in finding a medical alert option that best meets your needs.

Teri King for James King Palm Springs, CA

The watch broke twice, and my father barely got to use it. It is very cheaply made. Misrepresented.

Reply from UnaliWear

Sorry for your experience. The watch is definitely not cheaply made, and we have many wearers who have not broken their watch in 3+ years. Even still, we have a generous replacement policy when issues arise. We do have a very small percentage of users who have broken their watch multiple times. For some of those, we may not be the best option and they might be better served by a traditional neck pendant that does not require changing of batteries or wearing 24/7, like the Kanega Watch. That said, we wish you and your family all the best in finding a provider that best meets your needs.

Rich Power Bedford, TX

I fell 3 times in the past few months watch didn't register. It did register a fall while eating breakfast

Reply from UnaliWear

Really sorry for your experiences. Our Customer Success Team will be reaching out to you regarding potential adjustments to your watch's Fall Detection sensitivity. In addition, we want to record the date and time of the falls the watch did not catch. We can actually look into your watch logs to see what the watch detected when you fell. We also use that fall data to improve the accuracy of our fall detection for all wearers, which no other provider does. All the best and stay well and safe.

Stanley Yreka, CA

Product is more fragile especially batteries then expected.

Reply from UnaliWear

Sorry you feel that way. We have many happy wearers who have never had an issue with their watch for years. It's true that approx. 2-3% of our wearers have some issues changing the batteries - forcing them into and out of the battery carriers - which can cause breakages over time. We do our best to help these wearers. That said, appreciate the honest feedback and will continue to try and improve the Kanega Watch experience for you and others in our growing community.