Rescue Alert

Rescue Alert

Rescue Alert proves medical alert systems to customers across the US in all 50 states. Anyone can use their services, even without a landline. There are several system options available including the cellular medical alarm with a 3G network connection. Install is made easy, and shipping is included with purchase.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.1 8.6 Read Review
#2 8.8 9.1 Read Review
#3 6.7 8.5 Read Review
#9 5.4 8.3 Current

The Good

• Monitoring Options
  • No Minimum Contract
  • Certified Employees

Monitoring Options

Rescue Alert has been offering medical monitoring for their customers since 1986. The company offers a wide array of monitoring options, not only at home, but away. Additionally, the company offers option protection for a growing need, that of domestic violence monitoring which is discrete and offers piece of mind to customers and their families.

No Minimum Contract

There is no minimum contract with Rescue Alert and customers may cancel at any time. Rescue Alert gives discounts for the monthly service for those paying either annually and quarterly, with annual payments receiving the bigger discounts. Should customers who have prepaid for service either annually or quarterly decide that the service is not what they want; they may cancel at any time and receive a pro-rated refund, less a $25 cancellation fee. Rescue Alert's equipment works with landline, cell phones, and VOIP phone systems and is easily installed. The transmitter is waterproof and discrete. The transmitter to base range for service is larger than several of the competitors at up to 600 feet.

Certified Employees

All of the employees at the monitoring center are EMD Certified attendants in the United States and the centers are open 24/7.

The Bad

• Automatic Account Renewal
  • Equipment Terminology on Website

Automatic Account Renewal

Stated in the Terms and Conditions is the automatic renewal of accounts. Rescue Alert requires customers to notify them in writing should they not want to renew their service. Failure to do so will result in continued billing to the credit card on file for subsequent months.

Equipment Terminology on Website

Customers should be aware of the different options in equipment since some of the material on the website is not necessarily written for those who are not familiar with the terminology. Luckily, customer service agents are available to help determine which plan is the best for the situation. Those who are not sure which plan to choose can simply call Rescue Alert and agents are available to help select the right system and level of service.

The Bottom Line

Rescue Alert offers plans and equipment which provide peace of mind and protection both at and around home as well as away. They have a wide variety of accessories available, including transmitters which work well for those with limited dexterity. One may either rent or purchase their equipment from Rescue Alert and there is warranty protection for both rented and purchased systems. Rescue Alert staffs their center with fully trained and certified EMD professionals, which allows assistance to be more rapid in coming as the agents are fully trained to provide triage over the phone and dispatch appropriate help more quickly. Rescue Alert is a fully recommended company for their equipment, staff, customer service and fair pricing and contract terms.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

6 Rescue Alert Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

April 18th, 2017 South Jordan, UT

My mother Larae Anderson had this service for 3 years before passing away. We never had an issue and loved the fact they did monthly tests to check on our device. She only fell down a couple of times, but felt secure knowing that help was just a push of a button away. I was alerted almost instantly when she had fallen and needed some help up. Great company to do business with and friendly customer service team.

3 1

April 18th, 2017 South Jordan, UT

I've used Rescue Alert for over a year and the service that I receive is excellent. They are fast to respond when I push my button. They are always nice, polite, and courteous. This is a great company to work with!

April 7th, 2017 Billerica, MA

This company has really given my family peace of mind. They call every three weeks to have my mother test the button so she's not hesitant to use if she needs to. The three times she's needed it, they've quickly responded, and we've been able to come over and help her up. Thankfully, nothing serious. They are very courteous, and the equipment works well throughout the house, even with the TV on.

3 0

October 3rd, 2016 Clearwater, FL

I have used Rescue Alert for over 8 years and am very satisfied. I initially selected it based on reviews and the range. I have a 2,500 sq foot home and it works from every room. The staff are proficient and courteous. If they don't hear from me, they contact me every 21 days so that I can test my system. I purchased the lifetime plan and the only downside is that they only allow me to move once. I don't understand why they would place such a restriction since you basically plug the unit in the wall.

September 9th, 2016 Garland, TX

I got this system for my mother over 10 years ago and she had to use them two times, both times they responded fast! It's a plug and play system so you don't need anyone to set it up! They make periodic test calls through the system to check if the system is working (i.e. they call you though the device and ask you to push the button on the unit as well as the remote button). Could not ask for a better system for the price.

November 30th, 2015 Philadelphia, PA

Do NOT trust this company! I can't believe their incompetence! After having engaged their services for five months, I canceled our service when my mother moved to a nursing home. I called RA, canceled the service, and received an RMA so that I could return the equipment, which I did. My mother's phone number has been *DISCONNECTED* for over six months. And then today, I realized that I'm still being billed a monthly charge for RA, and that my mother's account is still active. When I challenged a representative about this on the phone today, she said very kindly that her records show that their Customer Service department has been trying to reach out to my mother for months and months! Well, thank goodness that she really didn't have an emergency. And has anyone from the company bothered to contact me -- they have my email address and my phone number -- NO, of course not. DO NOT USE RESCUE ALERT !!!!

5 3