GreatCall

4.1

Randall H Reed SR. Green Bay, WI

i have used my great call 2 timed a nd withe each time,in less than 2 seconds i had help. i am 79 years old. i feel so safe with this great call and my family is so glad that i am save 24 hours a day. THANK YOU GREAT CALL RANDALL R.

Dell Woodland Park, CO

No company ever talks about battery life. We bought a Lively Mobile several years ago and was told the unit could go for 96 hours on standby before the battery would need to be recharged. NOT true the battery needs to be recharged every evening. So if my 99 year old mother needs to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night she has to wake up enough to put her device on or she goes unprotected. My advice before buying any device is to triple check the information regarding batteries. Even Consumers Reports, which was our original source, was inaccurate when it came to battery life.

Jordan West Palm Beach, FL

GreatCall is awesome!! We got the Jitterbug flip and the speaker is loud and clear! We pushed 5 star as a test and they answered within seconds!! I am very satisfied and know if my Grandma needs help she can get help fast! Customer service is also very prompt and helpful! Love GreatCall and the Jitterbug Flip.

Carole Riverview, FL

Having three family members using the 5 star alarm I am really thinking about changing companies! My alarm has been going off that a fall as been detected when I am sitting in my chair and not even moving! This has happened 4 times sine they have put the fall detection aspect on it about 1 month ago. When I called, the rep said I have to use a laniard in stead of my gold chain on my neck because it has to reach my breast bone which it does. I was not told when they asked me if wanted that addition to the alarm that I had to wear it on a laniard! I have had this alarm or a different one on my gold chain for as long as I have been with great call. The laniard is hot and frays and it gets wet in the shower. What that has to do with anything makes no sense with out an explanation as to why a laniard has to be used instead of a pretty chain. The alarm is ugly to begin with and with my gold chain it makes it a little more attractive. Would someone explain to me what a laniard has to do with this device being defective.

Thomas Kulaga

Can you name any other company that bills your credit card days before you get a billing statement in the mail? I didn't think so. In my case my billing statement consistently came in my mail a week or more after I paid it through my credit card. Also, when I called to suspend my service I was not allowed to do so mid month/billing statement. Their clerk told me my service had to run through the end of the month (billing month). Can you name any other company that does that? In addition, even though the charges are minute, I find it discouraging to have to pay for incoming messages considered spam. Keep in mind the incoming message charge is paid by you prior to finding out about it because your billing statement arrives a week or more after you been charged for it. It turned out we used great call service very little so I quit. I recommend the company with the above reservations.

Reply from GreatCall

Hello Thomas, we are sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with our cancellation process. We appreciate your time and feedback. We bill in advance and when you cancel the account we allow you to use the phone through the end of the current billing period because you are paid through that day. Like most carrier’s minutes are used during incoming and outgoing calls.

Oct. 5th, 2018

Allen D Benge Coolidge, AZ

I EXAMINED THE LIVELY FOR OVER A YEAR BEFORE PURCHASING. I AM A HUGE FAN OF jOHN W AND I PREVIOUSLY HAD ANOTHER BRAND ALERT DEVICE I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH. I HAD ONE HICCUP WITH MY UNIT. BUT CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS VERY HELPFUL.

Diane Miller Morriston, FL

I like the Jitterbug for its size, I can and do carry it in my shirt pocket, that way it is with me no matter where I am and can easily get to in emergencies, all I need to do is hit the 5* button and it connects me to a 911 help. I dislike the fact that it has ability to take photos yet for some reason it does not work on the phone I have, been waiting on answers on why, but still have not heard from anyone. Was very easy to set up, able to make and receive calls no problem. As far as the texting it took a little more time to figure it out, once I did it works fine. Would still like answers as to why can not use camera. Edit to my review. I was able to speak to someone from customer service and they walked me though the camera and I can now take pictures

Reply from GreatCall

Diane, Should any questions come up regarding a feature on the phone, please call our Customer Service at 1-800-733-6632. We are available seven days a week, between 5:00am and 8:00pm pacific time to assist you.

Jun. 29th, 2018

Joanne Cregger

I am very satisfied with the Lively. Since I had it I have not fallen, but I once flung the lanyard on to my bed when I was dressing and Immediately I got a call, "Are you all right?" Very reassuring. The only complaint is the constantly flashing light while I am charging it at night. I like to keep it nearby, in case I need it, but have to charge it somewhere that the flashing light will not keep me awake. I hope the company is working on this because others have complained.

Vicky Reynolds

I have used the heat call pendant for 3 years now. I have MS and live alone. I have had to use the great call 3 different times and was pleased with the service I received. The operators stayed on the line until help arrived after a fall. I've recommended it to several friends.

C Jennings

Gave Mom a Jitterbug 10+ years ago. She loves it. Added Medical Alert monitoring 2 years ago. Absolutely no problems. She claims that Customer Service folks are very friendly & patient when she's had questions. If she is pleased - then so am I. ?

Martin Rosenfeld

Great Call works! I have the pendant with 2-way calling and falls detection. Recently, I fell at work. Within 20 seconds, I was talking to a live voice. Fortunately, I did not need emergency assistance, but the operator stayed on the call with me until I was upright. Great Call provides an extra source of security. I know that I am not alone should I need help. I have a cell phone, but don't always have it handy. The Great Call, however, is always with me attached to the lanyard that hangs around my neck whenever I am not sleeping.

joyce McClellan

I have my payment made automatically but when my card changed dates my service was stopped. Would have been good if I were notified. Their customer service is otherwise excellent. I am happy with the service but the quality of the flip phone is not all that good. Wish I had a choice. Overall I am happy with them. Once we had a widespread power outage for 6 days and they called to check on me.

P. Hoban Philadelphia, PA

I received my device when told I would. I also like , My device and it makes me feel safe. I did have a problem and they send me a new device immediately. Every time I have wanted some information, they have greeted me with kindness.

Grams Saint Joseph, MO

I have had the Great Call 5 for several years. This is a great medical alert service. I have used it twice and help was here quickly. They stayed on the line until help arrived. I really appreciate the service. It is helping me stay in my home.

janet l peters Pomona, CA

I have had Great call 5 star for almost 4 years, I changed to the splash about 2 years ago. I have not had to use it to call for help, but I feel that if I did, I would have a response within seconds. customer service does leave a lot to desire, but I like the fact that I can go anywhere and if I need them, they are there

Ernest Doucette

This Unit Has No Contract. Service, 24/7, and costs under $20 a Month. I Test mine Monthly, and always get a Fast Response. They Know your Location Anywhere with GPS The Unit is also Waterproof so you can take it in the Shower. The Unit has an initial price of about $50 I have no Idea Why it is rated lower than many that only work in your home.

Barbara Rivera Chevalier-Reid O Fallon, IL

I have had Great call for more than 2 years now. It has always identified where I am located even when I went on vacation. I have never had an emergency but I do check that it is working and if it knows my location. I have always been charged what I was told. I feel very secure with the service.

Edwina Wilson Hood River, OR

Splash device will not stay charged. It has gone off while in charger and no one was around it. Pretty embarrassing when the paramedics come calling without you being aware there is an issue. On the plus side, I have experienced great customer service and they are very willing to do what they can to help with their devices. I have two of them for my aging folks and am very happy with this company.

Ernest Doucette

I don't know where they get their info. But I paid $49.99 for the Waterproof unit and The activation was free. I can push the button at any time and talk to a person. If I had a problem I can hold the button 5 seconds and it dials 911. Monthly Charge was $17.99 when I got mine and has not changed, they now charge $19.99 a Month. It is Mobile, has a Comfortable Neck strap. I test once a month or so and always get an immediate answer, even when I traveled out of state. I never saw any additional fees for Phone service!

JIm Dief Sarasota, FL

I like the GPS feature on the Preferred Plan. I receive a call from 5 Star Service every once in awhile because they received a Alert. I answer or they will proceed to alert 911 or what is needed. (The Alerts so far have been accidental on my part !). I am satisfied that living alone I am being well protected, and my children are all able to check on my location at any time. (Children are scattered in 3 States).

K. G. Rush

I have had the stand alone deice [not the jitterbug phone] for 7-8 years. Am on my second - a splash. Have used it twice. Both times the response was immediate and intelligent - they stayed with me unill aid arrived, patched me in to 911.. The GPS feature once located my device where I had dropped it 10 miles away. My only comment is that Battery time could be a bit longer - but this is minor. I always have a charger nearby.

Gary P

I live alone and have had the great call pendent that I wear around my neck for the past 4 years. when the button is pressed I get an instant response which got the aid car to me in just a few minutes after a heart attack. I will not go without it Great support,

J Soester Omaha, NE

I have had the service for well over a year now. I changed phone types recently and had wonderful customer service. I have automatic billing which goes thru fine. Somewhat puzzled by the bad reviews; sounds like some folks just didn't give them a chance.

Ilian Meza Oakland, CA

I purchased a phone serviced by GreatCall because I was interested a simple phone that didn't connect to the internet. Somehow, by the end my bill went from $40 to $98 and the phone itself was essentially trash; it couldn't maintain it's battery and had to be constantly plugged in only to die after 20-30 minutes of use. I would save my money and use another company. I do want to be clear, however, that the customer service representatives were very sweet and polite - and that my critique is aimed at the company itself.

Beverly Terry

Simple to use. Has all the features that I use without confusing apps. Very good customer service.

Sharyl

I can depend on them helping me. The clasp broke on the little box and I was sent a replacement right away.

Debra Warren Sardinia, OH

My son was looking at my new phone and accidentally pushed the button in, but they came right back on the line with him and explained it to him.

Carmen Banuelos Lompoc, CA

I accidentally hit the button and they called me right away on the emergency number. It's easy to use.

Glenn Krick Grasonville, MD

I have them as a cellphone and I use it whenever anybody calls me or if I need to get ahold of my granddaughter.

Evelyn Matijega Cheboygan, MI

My daughter got me Great Call so that I could stay home by myself. It's kind of expensive, but they were right there when I called.

FL-Jan

First cell phone provider whose service works inside our house! Amazing! Great customer service, too.

Carol Moquin Methuen, MA

I've had to use it a couple of times because I couldn't breathe, and they got back to me right away.

James Grondin Rochester, MI

We got this so my husband could use this instead of a regular big phone. It's much easier for him to use because of how simple it is.

Vincent Ferlita Tampa, FL

They're always very responsive with the one hit button, but I'm always having a problem with the plastic on the back.

Lillian Olhiser

I don't actually have the alert, I just use the phone. But, I don't get a big bill and that's the nice part.

Merradean Sedlacek Lincoln, NE

I got this for the cellphone, and the customer service helped me out when I was having problems with the phone.

Betty Drew Gainesville, GA

We accidentally hit the button once and they called my daughter who is my backup. I think it's a little expensive.

James Sweeney Danville, VA

I like the size and the way it's laid out. I don't use it every day because I keep it in the house, but customer support will answer your questions.

Wende Berry Davison, MI

I've never had to use it, but I put it on when I get up each morning. It's highly rated and affordable.

Anonymous Tampa, FL

It's reassuring to know that they do respond right away. It's nice that it's small enough to carry in my pocket.

Jamie Dallas, TX

Absolutely horrible service and even worse customer service. Two out of three representatives I spoke with were very rude. I purchased a lively mobile for personal security comfort and could not get it to activate. I was advised by a representative to return it and purchase another one. The second unit I purchased had the exact same issue. I live 15 minutes from Downtown New Orleans so it's not like I'm out in the country trying to get service. The second two representatives couldn't care less about the issues I was having. The first one was going to wave the connection fee due to all the problems we had and the amount of time I wasted and couldn't get it to activate. I went through the entire process again with a different device and wasted all that time. I tried once again to activate it before returning it again to the store but I was told the activation fee could not be waived today. This was a huge waste of my time and money on a company who could care less if you become a new customer or not. I'll find another place to purchase from who actually cares about their customers. I highly do not recommend greatcall!!! Very very disappointed and disgusted with them.

Camille winn Jacksonville, FL

Ordered a flip phone for my 84 yr old mother who lives 2 hrs away and will not let anyone (ANYONE!) inside her house for fear of catching COVID. I was assured it was a very simple set up. It was too difficult for her to activate, so my brother picked it up and sent it back less than 3 wks after receipt. Several phone calls later, I am still waiting for my refund. Each time it's a different story. Seems NO ONE put the info in the acct that the phone was received on Jan 19. Each time, I verify the same information with the rep and each time, they give me the same story. But I'll keep calling and one day, I'll get my refund. Can't believe this company is still in business - incompetent, inefficient and dishonest.

Peggy West Burke, VT

I ordered the Jitterbug for my husband. He has had it approximately 2 weeks. People cannot hear when he talks and he cannot hear them. I called customer support this morning and she did some kind of "fix". Customer Support says that a new software needs to be downloaded which will take 3-10 days and you wont even notice when it happens????? I would hope that there would be a very noticeable difference once the download is complete. I told her I want to return this within the 30 days if we are not satisfied. I really do not know why is would take that long for an update other than they want you outside the 30 day return policy. I will write a new review within the next week after the software upgrade is complete. I will decide then to return the phone.

Reply from GreatCall

Hello Peggy, we are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this further with you. Please look for a private response from us.

Oct. 17th, 2019

Bob Gross Gardiner, ME

Lively Mobile saved my life once when I lost consciousness and fell [before fall detection was available]. The #1 problem is the magnetic clasp on the necklace. The magnet releases when you take off or adjust your shirt. Great Call replaced my device twice as a result of their weak link necklace only because I pay extra for the insurance. The #2 problem is the the fees keep going up. I started at $17 per month. My last "free" replacement had improved battery life correcting a problem in previous versions, but #3, it only charges in its 110 volt plug in charger. The original Lively could be charged on the road from an automotive cigarette lighter. Lastly, I was at a restaurant when a diner at another table had a heart attack. Bystanders were performing CPR. The Great Call agent wanted to know the age and sex of the victim before calling the ambulance. I told her bystander CPR was in progress with family standing around and I couldn't even see the victim. When she finally called the ambulance, she said the line was busy, probably because other diners started calling 911. The ambulance would have arrived 5 minutes sooner had she not asked so many heart-killing questions. I think if CPR is in progress, if it's so important, the age and sex of the victim could be asked AFTER she dispatched the ambulance. CPR is the same for both men, women and children, so why she make me waste more time trying to get close enough to see the victim's sex? What if I were the victim and my wife used Great Call to get an ambulance for me?

Reply from GreatCall

Hello Bob, we are sorry to hear of your experience and we would like to assist you further. Please look for a private message from us with additional details.

Oct. 11th, 2019

James Menlo Park, CA

3 years and counting...then GC did an 'upload' never worked again. Called got a 'new' one - unfortunately NO FALL DETECTION avail - Talk about feeling DECEIVED and let down. Why was I not told NO FD when I initially called??? why make me order a 'new' one that does NOT fit my criteria? Instead had to wait for the new unit, then during the 'set-up' found out about no FALL DETECTION. Right off - blood pressure reaching critical. Due to my needs, I had to cancel..CANCEL my plan all because GC let me down and really angered me by not telling me straight off - Talked to" Junior" - He says he was going to send me authorization to return this...stuff - So far, nothing- I was so happy with GC - now I am starting all over with a new company - Never again - let down and feeling deceived james

Reply from GreatCall

Hello James, we are sorry to hear of your experience and we would like to assist you further. Please look for a private message from us with additional details.

Oct. 9th, 2019

Warren Burch Troutville, VA

Just got off the phone with Great Call after inquiring yet again about WHEN there would be a Great Call Lively Mobile Plus released to the public. My mothers started having problems with hers about a year ago. She has the most expensive plan that included a free replacement. Problem is, when we called to inquire about the free replacement they had none....I used one that I had bought for my wife. I decided that the issue was the charger and replaced that for my mother. We were told that my mother got a letter about hers but were not told what the letter was in reference to. We asked about getting a replacement unit and they are on a voluntary recall....and would be replaced in a couple of months....that was a year ago....I was just told that on this date 10/4/2019 they are now expecting these to be replaced on 2/20/2020.....REALLY??? Their solution was to replace the lively with a Phone which has no FALL protection....is Not water resistant....didn't even offer to refund....this is a 93 year old lady that is trying to be independent....GREAT CALL..owned by BEST BUY......at best you have become PITIFUL.

Reply from GreatCall

Hello Warren, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and appreciate your feedback. We would like to look into this further with you, please look for a private message from us.

Oct. 4th, 2019

germaine jacky Greensboro, NC

Four or five months ago Great Call had to recall their "fall down" device because of "design errors" . I had already paid $53 for a months rental . For a replacement they sent a Jitter bug phone which I returned, because I already had a phone. I request that they return my $53. They never did although they agreed they owed it to me. I've called and called and called and each time they say "it's on the way" It hasn't happened. Beware of this company. OK only after Best Company published the review above, did Greatcall finally refund the $53. So Thank You Best Company and I still don't think much of you Great Call but I am adding a star.

Reply from GreatCall

Hello Germaine, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we appreciate your feedback. Please look for a private message from us, requesting information so that we may assist you further.

Aug. 28th, 2019

Ray Krause Pleasant Prairie, WI

This was my wife's phone for emergencies. She made maybe 1 call a month and did not leave it on when not in use. I needed to use this phone recently when mine broke. I activated the 911 call 2 X's with in 12 hours by just putting the phone in my pocket. I contacted GC about this to see if I could get that app removed. No way they said. They recommended I put a piece a tape over the app. I am paranoid to use this. Needless to say I shut the phone off and will wait until my new phone (not GC) arrives. My wife will no longer haver access to this phone as I will get her another phone from a different service at a way better cost

Reply from GreatCall

Hello Ray, we are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this further with you. Please look for a private response from us.

Aug. 13th, 2019

David Delray Beach, FL

I had the device for about 2 years when it failed to hold a charge. I called and was advised they had no replacement device as the device on the market to replace it as the replacement device had been recalled. I was then advised to keep the defective device and pay a monthly charge and wait for the new device to come on the market. I cancelled.

Cathy Grimes Huntington Beach, CA

GreatCall Lively Mobile got the best 'Customer Response Views' when pressing Emergency button by far vs the others. I tried to buy the 'Lively Mobile' (SMALL, FOB button type), but Amazon showed it was recalled. I called GC directly and was told on 6/19/19 that the Lively Mobile 'should be available in a few weeks, but we'll send you our Jitterbug Flip Phone in the meantime at reduced cost. The Flip phone is almost unusable for the purpose of having it with you at all times, especially in case you fall and cannot get to a phone. It is clunky, heavy, and constantly sends loud noises every few minutes when charging, which I have turned off, but keeps coming back on. I was told that Best Buy had bought out GreatCall. That is bad news for me as my experiences with Best Buy have NOT been good. So I am now stuck with this awful phone that I will have to go through the hassle of returning IF the Lively Mobile is NOT available by the end of July. Best Buy will not even give the Customer Service people a RANGE of likely dates the Lively Mobile will be available, so I have little hope.

Reply from GreatCall

Hello Cathy, we are sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, after the release of the new Lively Mobile Plus, we identified a quality issue in a limited number of the devices. We are being very cautious because our customer’s safety is our top priority. As such, we have voluntarily recalled the Lively Mobile Plus devices. Please keep in mind that this recall does not affect any other GreatCall products or services. While we understand that the Jitterbug Flip phone is not as small as the Lively Mobile Plus, we do offer a leather carrying case that would allow you to clip the phone to your pocket or belt to make it easier to carry the phone with you. We strive to provide the highest level of Customer Service available and while we do not currently have an exact release date for the Lively Mobile Plus, we are working hard to have the new device available soon. In the meantime, we would like to send you a free carrying case for the phone and make note of your account for follow up when the device is available. Additionally, as soon as a release date is available, we will update our website with this information. Please look for a private message from us asking for your account information.

Jun. 28th, 2019