GreatCall

4.1

Esther Kay

Anytime I contact Great Call's customer support, they answer my questions. When using the medical alert device, I only need to push the button and something happens!

Sylvia Rainer

I put Great Call's medical alert device on every morning, and wear it all day. It seems to work, and everytime I've used it, I get the results I want.

Rosalie Sterland

I first got their medical alert device because my son felt I needed it in case I fell. Thankfully I haven't had to use it yet! One thing I don't enjoy about the device is when I plug it in to charge it at night, I'm not sure it's recharging correctly or fully.

Reply from GreatCall

Rosalie, When charging the device, the battery indicator light will blink green. When fully charged and still connected to the charging cradle, the battery indicator light will remain solid green. Once removed from the charging cradle, the battery light will turn off and will begin to flash red when in need of a new charge.

Mary Brokaw Monticello, IA

i have a lot of missed calls Out going calls works splendidly. I like the big buttons, the size of the phone.the ease of entering numbers into the phone book. Although a sort feature would be really nice.

Dolores Lewandowski Hutchinson, MN

I use it all day, from the moment I get up until I go back to bed. The only thing I don't like about it is the way it flashes. When I'm wearing it and calling, I light up like a Christmas tree.

Gail Mathews Conneaut, OH

They've very helpful, they always get right to me if I have a problem. They're very prompt, and I feel very secure with it. It is kind of pricey, but the service is great.

Elsa Paszek Lincoln, CA

They've been reliable, I haven't had any issues or problems. The service is great, everybody is helpful to me. It's a comfort to know that I have it for emergencies.

Rita Guardabassio

They're very good and prompt when I push the button, someone came on right away and answered my question. The only thing I don't like is how long it takes to get the phone on.

Helen Adamo Saulsbury, TN

It's a reasonable price and convenient. My only complaint is that it has to go on the charger every so often. But, that would be with any of them so it's fine.

Sandra Marlow

This is my go to emergency phone, which I fortunately have not had to use yet. Everyone there at customer support is very pleasant to talk to and they help a lot.

Jerry Hebert

I take it with me wherever I go, and it gives me a little more confidence. Every time I call in to test it they've been really nice, and I have had no problems so far.

Jeanette Borchart The Lakes, NV

I got this because of the fall detection, I wear it all the time but still haven't fallen. I've been very happy with it and they have immediate responses.

Terry Sumrall Longview, WA

The first person we talked to wanted to charge us 25 instead of the advertised 15. When we called back the next day the new lady was really nice and gave us the 15.

Bertina Sauls Smithfield, NC

I found this through the advertisement on the AARP, and every time I have a question all I do is hit that little button and somebody is right there to answer my question.

Rita Vigorito Buffalo, NY

I put the device on around my neck in the morning and take it off at night to charge. I've fallen twice and had to use it, but the fall detection didn't work. Customer support said I didn't fall far enough for it to work. Fortunately, I was conscious and was able to call.

Reply from GreatCall

Rita, We are sorry to hear that your device did not register the falls. Using the urgent response device’s built-in accelerometer, patented algorithms evaluate sudden changes in your body movement, in relation to your physical activity and posture, to identify falls. Your device may not detect all falls. In the event of a fall, always press the Call Button if you do not hear the voice prompt that your fall has been detected.

Charles Rankin High Point, NC

I recently got my LivelyFlip phone and I love everything about it. Before and since then I have had occasion to call Customer Support and I received courteous professional help each time with highly satisfactory result. I have read numerous decidedly bad reviews from GreatCall customers, but my experience has just been excellent. I highly recommend GreatCall and the LivelyFlip phone. This review soley pertains to GreatCall and the LivelyFlip phone

Roy Tunnell Crawfordville, FL

I've been a customer for about five years with their medical alert button. I am a frequent faller. And I'm not able to get up on my own. They always answer almost immediately. Most of the time they stay on until help arrives. Seems to depend on how busy the call center is. I've been happy with the service, for the most part. Reception and audio quality are good and clear, even the time I was in the middle of the national forest. Two issues I'd like to see improved. First, the necklace provided to wear this device around the neck has a magnetic clasp. The magnet is not strong enough and it keeps falling off. I wound up going to the crafts department of a local store and getting parachute cord, making my own necklace. Mom had the same issue with hers so I did the same for her. Second, they claim to have GPS service to help locate the patient. Either it is insufficient or the call center reps do not know how to use it. They always ask where I am. It usually isn't a problem because I am usually alert and know where I am. Once, I was in a single car accident, a rollover, in the middle of the night. I was on a rural highway which runs through the national forest. The rep asked where I was. I named the highway and said ten to fifteen miles south of this other highway. He said that wasn't good enough to dispatch rescue. He asked for a more specific location. After I said that's the best I could do, he asked for a nearby landmark. I don't know, I'm in the forest, there are a lot of trees and I'm the only car rolled over on the side of the road. It took about ten minutes for a passerby to stop and give me a nearby forest road number. GPS should have been good enough to get rescue to the area. Google maps show the forest roads and their numbers. On a positive note, the rep stayed on the line for about an hour until rescue arrived.

Gary Lee Flagstaff, AZ

Best customer service I have ever received from any company, ever. Unfortunately, I couldn't keep the service because up in the mountains where I live the reception just wasn't reliable. I regretted having to cancel, as I found the company excellent to work with, Each time I called to resolve the problems, I spoke with a customer service representative who listened, who sincerely wanted to help get me the best service possible, and was unfailingly courteous and resourceful. When it became apparent it just wasn't going to work in my pocket up here in the mountains, I returned the handsets (I'd been sent a replacement to test if it might have been a problem with the equipment) and received a prompt, generous refund of the entire amount I had paid for the phones, the initiation fee, and even a prorating on the unused portion of my monthly bill. I've given Great Calls only a four star rating for two reasons: 1) many people suspect 5 star ratings to be phony (pun intended) although that is what Great Calls deserves; and 2) helpful as the customer service folks were, they sometimes contradicted each other on certain matters from one call to the next. But, that's a minor quibble, given the entirely satisfactory, if regrettable, outcome of my service.

Rainbowsea Jasper, IN

First and foremost, GreatCall has the best customer service I've had the pleasure of working with. "Alex", and many others I spoke to went above and beyond. When we had to return the phone for lack of signal in the immediate area, they gave my father a complete refund, and made the process very simple. I honestly wished it would have worked out, because while my experience was brief, I'm now a giant fan of GreatCall. I believe they truly care about their customers and will try to help you have the best service. If you are in the market, I hope you give them a try.

Sunni Dumfries, VA

My Smart2 was a gift in December 2018. So far I have only one minor complaint. The Call 5* button is located on the lower right end of the phone; which is an inconvenient location resulting in accidental calls made. However, after the 1st X I found out how to cancel the call. I now pay more attention when handling the device. Recently I received an email saying my account was overdue...which was incorrect. I had paid 4-5 days earlier. I responded via email and received immediate reply saying they had researched my account and apologized for the inaccurate email. I have NEVER experienced any of the issues noted above at any time. I notice the ones I read were a year old - perhaps the Smart2 was not out then? Don't know. I get great reception; battery life..[only have to recharge at night when I have been on the phone for lengthy periods of time; or have had multiple texts.I also noticed that it appears that many users had not read the entire wealth of information provided BEFORE purchasing and even not after. So far I cannot complain. yes, my monthly bill is $70+ - that is because I chose unlimited data, text, calls etc. As for ease of use...I can see where it is not for one who may have dementia [Smart2] but the Flip should be fine for making and receiving calls.

J Calow Mesa, AZ

I recently got the Lively device. My problem with it was that it was very sensitive and would alert them for no reason. Was going to call them but was out shopping and didn't hear the voice so didn't cancel the call. Got home shortly thereafter and had a policeman at the door checking my well being. They had called my contact who was not at home, sent someone to where it showed me to be, tried to call my home several times and finally called the police. Because of the background noise they felt it was accidentally triggered but they did not stop there. I did call them at that point and was told to reboot it (told me how) . Have no problems with it now and was very pleasantly surprised at how thorough they were in making sure I was okay.

thomas browne Yonkers, NY

I GIVE THE JITTER BUG FLIP 5 STARS FOR EASE OF USE ,PRICING CUSTOMER SERVICE. I received the phone from amazon. Accidently plugged it in out of box before activating it. Had to call customer service to activate it. They were very nice. We had to remove back and reinstall battery to start it. She (the rep) was very patient with me. The price per month is very reasonable because i'm on a fixed income. Ease of use.Very easy to use! Unit was delivered quickly, am very pleased.

Eckroat, Julie

I have had my Great Call for a couple of years. Whether it was at my gate at 11pm or on a cruise ship in port when I accidently activated my unit I was treated immediately by a polite operator who was concerned that I was OK. I also carry the Great Call cell phone which I like because of the large numbers and its simplicity. I have recommended the Great Call and 4 of my friends have purchased them. They have the new model that detects falls. All are satisfied.!!!

Ralph G Paslay Edwardsville, IL

I have been using the device for about 4 months and have been very happy with all I have had contact with.My Dad used it to get someone ant 1:30 at night they called me and 911 and followed up afterwards to check on us that all was well.It gives me and Dad piece of mind that they are there if he needs them and they will Get me there.Thanks Foer your support

Jean Heisler Richmond, VA

I've been very satisfied with the product and the service. I've had the device for over a year now and use it at least twice a month. (I have MS, fall out of my wheelchair, or get it stuck in the yard.) The Five Star rep always answers immediately. He-or-she gets the right 911 people. (When I hook up to 911 directly, we always go through a dispute about whether I'm in the city or county.) The rep stays on the line with me until the 911 people arrive. I can call away-from-my home - and they find me wherever I am. Everything *I* need.

Chaannah

Luv it! I have had mine for 3 years and have had no problems at all. I can wear it for 3 days without charging it. Maybe even longer-------I just do it every 3 days. I have the one that has ON STAR and can be worn in the shower. They may all have ON STAR, but at one time some could not be gotten wet, so I upgraded to this one. In the bath tub or shower is when it is very much needed in case of a slip and fall. My only complain is the weight of it. I wish it was smaller and less heavy, but, I guess with all it does, that\s life.

Buzz

I thought this was the BEST!! It was use while my wife was in a Assisted living Facility and I was alerted to her falling and I called the facility to have then check her. the facility always was slow in responding to there alarms. I removed her from that facility and cared for her at home till she passed away. I have purchased for more of these units for family members and friends to monitor there ageing seniors. They were prompt to respond on several instances and very good to deal with.

James R R Dobyns Homer, GA

I have had this device for over 3 years and am very pleased with it. I just throw it in my pocket and go or just around the house. I like that I can take it out and it knows where I am at. Response time is immediate. Just need to put it on the charger next to my bed when I go to sleep and when I wake up it is ready to go. No complaints. JD in Canton GA

DR FRANK J FARESE

FRANK J FARESE PhD I HAVE HAD GREATCALL FOR 2 YEARS.. I HAVE HAD THREE FALLS THAT REQUIRED ME TO CALL FOR HELP WITH GREATCALL . THE RESPONSES HAS BEEN WITHIN A MINUTES. THEY KNEW WHAT DO AND THE MEDICS HAVE BEEN AT MY SIDE WITHIN A FEW MINUTES. I HAVE TESTED GREATCALL WHILE AT HOME AND AWAY FROM HOME AND HAVE ALWAY RECEIVED AN ANSWER. I WOULD NOT BE WITHOUT GREATCALL...

Harriet Boerman

I selected GreatGall because it was active wherever I needed to go. My husband is in a VA Extended Care Facility where I visit him 4-5 days a week. I feel confident that should I fall in the parking lots or am driving on the highway and had a problem, all I need to do is push the button and someone will answer immediately and also be able to see exacting where I am located. It's my security at age 83.

Kathie Rio Rancho, NM

5 Star Splash Medical Alert Device Do not waste your money on the automatic fall detection package. I found out the hard way that it doesn't work as expected. I slipped on some wet grass out in the yard. It was a "legs flip up in the air, land on your butt" fall, and the device didn't recognize it as a fall. I had to push the button to get help. Yet it recognized a "quick yank it off the charger and put it around my neck" as a fall. When I called to say he automatic fall detection wasn't working and I wanted a refund, I was advised that the terms and conditions (apparently in the fine print) say that it doesn't always recognize falls. Well, if it doesn't always recognize falls, what good is the automatic fall detection plan?

A Naki Atlanta, GA

I ordered the Greatcall (Lively) Jitterbug in April 2021 for my mother. Worst mistake ever! First, they promised my mom could keep her number, but when the phone arrived, it had a totally different number on it. From there, trying to return the phone and to get a full refun has been a nightmare - two months later I'm still dealing with the refund, and I just spoke to the 5th Customer Service Rep who said that I was just unlucky and that they DO have terrific Customer Service! The guy didn't even apologize for the experience I've had, which spoke volumes. Won't go through all the sordid details, but trust me when I say THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED. It's not worth the frustration and the time you'll spend on the phone if ANYTHING goes wrong. Best advise I can give is: O NOT USE GREATCALL LIVELY.

Louell Bryan

The hard part about this device is I don't get service where I live. I don't use it that often because I'm not very knowledgable with it. I can't make a phone call on it, and the device doesn't work since I don't get a signal. I only hope the next person that buys this device finds out whether or not they have service where they live before buying it.

Reply from GreatCall

Louell, We are sorry to hear that you are not able to use your phone service. We make every effort to confirm service availability when the account is established and encourage you to follow up with our Customer Service to confirm that your account is setup properly. Our Customer Service can be reached at 1-800-733-6632 and is available seven days a week between 5am and 8pm pacific time.

Shirlea Roman

Great Call's customer support is extremely helpful. They're good at sorting things out for those of us who are not technologically advanced.

Bobby Shortt

Great Call's customer support is very polite and answers all your questions. The phone is just too complicated, and I think the price for it is too high at $20.

William Fessel

Someone I know suggested I get Great Call's medical alert system. I wear it around my neck everyday, and customer support helps me with any information I need.

Anonymous Fairbury, NE

My eyesight is bad and I'm going blind, but I can see it better than other phones. I do think it could be cheaper, though.

Frank Tesauro Folcroft, PA

We had some problems where it wouldn't charge at night, but the guy I called was very helpful and told me how to fix it.

Vivian Neal Rockport, IN

The phone is ok, I have some problems getting the battery to charge. I'll have it plugged in at night and it's showing that it's charging but it doesn't charge.

Patricia Stetler Fort Wayne, IN

I wear it every hour that I'm off, and I only have to charge it at night so it's available 24 hours. They answer and get help for you right away.

Virginia Smith La Verne, CA

I hear a lot about this from ads and now I wear one all the time. I like that it has a magnetic fastener, so I don't have to worry about it.

Reba Shearon

Whenever we've had to call in there's been someone there. We don't really use the alert that often, it's just in case there's an emergency.

Wanda Allred

I haven't really had to use the device but I'm glad I've had it. The customer support has been really nice, and I've had no problems.

Sarah Tuckwiller Salem, VA

It's really convenient and you can take it anywhere. I haven't had to use it, but my girlfriend has, and they got there immediately.

Katherine Zaloudek Benton City, WA

I saw this in the AARP magazine and now I mainly use it when I'm out in the yard working. It's reliable and fairly attractive.

Georgia & Howard Harmon Dundalk, MD

I like to have this around the house just in case there is a power outage, my husband and I are both handicapped so if anything goes wrong we have a way to call.

HATE IT SOOOOOOO MUCH

Phone is like a dinosaur so they can't give you a tech solution for things like adjusting volume during calls or how to make the low battery beep louder. Plus it's more of a medical service than anything...it's not what I wanted to get for the high monthly rates. I just wanted a good solid basic flip phone w/o Internet that was easy to use. I didn't get it.

Theresa Raimondi Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

I like my Red Jitterbug phone. I have been having trouble with the battery not lasting long after it has been charged. Within 1 hour it's down to 45 %. Back to the charger for 35 minutes to get it up to 70%. I kept buying a new phone. I only receive 2 pics a day and for short text about the pic. I have a house phone for my daily use. I have the charger on my night table blinking all night. This is rediculous.

Renee Deibert Clarkesville, GA

First the good: The customer service people were awesome. Very professional and bent over backwards to help activate, etc. Great attitudes hands down. I was so impressed. Now the bad: 1. In the middle of transferring the number over, the phones (old and new) were caught in an in-between stage. Unfortunately, this was over a four day period where my Dad needed to call his Dr.'s about appointments. I didn't know....because my Dad couldn't call me. (See the problem?) Anyway, on day 5, I was able to hook Verizon up with Great Call and they fixed the issue....but someone at Great Call dropped the ball initially - causing my Dad to have to pay $50 for an uncanceled appointment. Not cool. Problem 2. My Dad's new Jitterbug Smart 2 stopped calling out or receiving calls during week 3. There is nothing in the literature to explain how to fix it. After walking him through re-booting (via text message), he then phoned me and we learned that this would fix the problem. Still don't know what caused it. So, that's my experience at week 3. Only time will tell from this point forward.

Suza Bisbee, AZ

Loved it from day one when i called customer svc sev times and many since! They answer on first ring 90% of the time! (After enormous frustration with Verizon in past year!! Over 1\2 hr on hold and 4 reps 4 answers!!) So glad i switched...so far love Jitterbug flip phone fetures also...