Freedom Alert

Freedom Alert

Live independently whether you're a senior, or just looking for additional protections with FreedomAlert Medical Alert System. Users can program up to four contacts to notify in the case of emergency. The button is splash resistant, so it can also be taken to the shower for additional safety.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.1 8.6 Read Review
#2 8.8 9.1 Read Review
#3 6.7 8.5 Read Review
#53 2.3 3.8 Current

The Good

• Emergency connections
  • No monthly rates

FreedomAlert gives customers a chance to purchase a medical alert system device for their home without having to pay monthly or go through a monitoring center. This system is great for those who are only looking to stay connected to their loved ones in an emergency, rather than being monitored 24/7 by trained medical professionals. This may be a good tool for those looking to make quick calls directly to a caregiver or family members that are responsible to assist them.

There are no monthly rates. They charge for equipment only, not monitoring services. This is just an emergency device to call the few numbers you'd need in emergencies. If a family already has caregiver roles assigned for their loved ones, FreedomAlert may be an acceptable option for direct caregiver communication at the press of a button.

The Bad

• Expensive upfront
  • No monitoring centers

FreedomAlert charges $229.95 or 3 payments of $79.95 for their system which is more expensive than other medical alert system providers up-front. Generally, you can find a system that includes all the same features and more, but pay $30-$40/month instead of purchasing the equipment up front.

There are no actual monitoring centers available. This company just provides a communication device that can program numbers to call in an emergency. It won't connect the victim to a live operator or offer the user any personal assistance from a certified medical alert professional. Other medical alert companies include the monitoring center with 24/7 monitoring services a vital part of their system.  If you or your loved ones prefer live assistance expedite emergencies, I suggest looking into other medical alert systems that include monitoring professionals 24/7.

The Bottom Line

Depending on what the home needs in an emergency, they may offer unique benefits or even risks to those who choose this medical alert system. If someone needs constant monitoring services in case they can't reach help, FreedomAlert is not the right option their home. For those who enjoy less monitored supervision, yet still need access 3 or 4 emergency contacts most days, this could be the most fitting medical alert system available.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

4 Freedom Alert Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

April 19th, 2017 Toledo, OH

For our purposes this system is perfect. Allows my mother to contact me directly, at which time I can contact 911 and give them the information (address, house code, etc.) My mom is 95 and would likely get confused or not remember our address if she had to call 911 herself.

0 1

March 8th, 2017 Cedar Rapids, IA

My wall communicator model #37920 goes thru batteries every two weeks, can't afford to buy batteries.I got my thru the V.A.

February 20th, 2017 Gresham, OR

I have had this unit for my mom for a couple years. She has used it a couple of times with success till the last time . She fell in her garage and broke her hip and the button did not work. She laid on the cold floor for about an hour before the yard man showed up and heard her yelling. He tried the button and couldn't get it to work so went into the house and dialed 911. When I called the company and told them she was just dismissive and said that they must of been doing it wrong. I cancelled the service but they still charged my card for another year the fowling month. The gal was rude said it's been a problem every since in her words "I got a divorce from little miss Kimmie" [I had taken my x wife's name off the account] Not sure what that had to do with the unit not working. S I'll have to go to my card company and fight the charge. I will not use this company again or ever recommend them. It seems they would at less have a little concern for the person that gothurt not just trying to charge for another year.

January 28th, 2016 San Antonio, TX

I was called by a computer system wanting to sell me a Freedom alert button. The computer hung up, causing me to call back. A man answered, called me by my name and started talking and I told him the last mo, I was supposed to have my # removed. The phone called two more times, I called insisting on the supervisor and he screemed into my ear and he caused my throat to hurt trying to tell him I don't wan tit. If this happens again, not only will I call the BBB, but I told him that Id call the attorney general and see to it that he not be able to call the state of Texas again and I meant it. Even if I have to see the governmenor I have never been screamed at by anyone in that copacity. I am a purple hearted veteran 71 yrs young and will never buy this companys product.