Florida Telehealth

7.0

Previously known as Florida Health Alert and Technology, Florida Telehealth has since rebranded. Florida Telehealth is a mobile medical alert system that is waterproof and GPS-enabled. The company is based out of The Villages, Florida, and has been in business since 2001. The completely mobile medical alert system is ideal for seniors who live an active lifestyle and for seniors who have served in the military.

Florida Telehealth's Family Response packages (unmonitored) give customers the option to send alerts to only family members. Many families choose this option to avoid the unnecessary over-response of EMS and Fire associated with the traditional monitored options.

The company also offers synced Chit Chat Packs that give couples the ability to communicate directly with each other through their two individual Florida Telehealth devices.

The Good

• Unlimited Range
  • No Contract
  • Discounts Available

Unlimited Range

Most medical alert systems will operate based off a range that the pendant can communicate with the base unit. With Florida Telehealth, the base unit and pendant are essentially the same device. The device is also GPS-enabled so you can take it anywhere and emergency personnel can pinpoint your exact location. This is ideal for seniors who live an active lifestyle.

No Contract

There are no contracts when it comes to Florida Telehealth. You pay month-to-month. This means that you aren't locked into using the product for several years and there aren't any contract buy-outs. Whenever you feel like you're done with the product, canceling your agreement is simple and hassle-free.

Discounts Available

Florida Telehealth offers discounts to AARP members, individuals with disabilities, veterans, families of veterans, first responders, and nurses. Call a company representative to learn more.

The Bad

• Equipment Fee
  • 12-Month Warranty

Equipment Fee

If you require free equipment, Florida Telehealth gets dinged here. Florida Telehealth does not fall in line with the rest of the industry when it comes to the free loaned/returned/re-loaned equipment business model. Their position, “We are EMTs, and we protect our patients and customers with fresh latex gloves, new respiratory masks, new IVs and your new [Florida Telehealth] system.”

12-Month Warranty

While it's better to have some warranty than no warranty at all, Florida Telehealth only offers a 12-month warranty while top competitors will offer a lifetime warranty on most equipment.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

The Bottom Line

Florida Telehealth offers a versatile and mobile medical alert system that will appeal to active seniors with its GPS compatibility. There is a one-time equipment purchase for guaranteed new equipment and no after-service equipment return hassles. If you served in the military, are related to a veteran, or are an AARP member, the added discount will be an added incentive to give Florida Telehealth a try.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

4.9

Chris

The customer service reps have always been helpful and the owner - Scott - has gone out of his way to accommodate us.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Chris, Thank you for sharing your experience with our services. Hope all is going well with you. Best, Scott

Sep. 10th, 2019

Nancy Smith Sun City, AZ

The ability to speak to a live operator if there were an emergency. Also, this device is not so sensitive that it triggers a false alarm.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Nancy, Thank you for sharing your experience with your RescueTouch. Hope all is going well with you. Best, Scott

Aug. 31st, 2019

Lee Phipps

Consistently ready to help. Always charged. The few times I've dropped it, someone called immediately to see whether I had a problem.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Lee, Thank you for sharing your experience and the 5-star review. Hope you're doing well. Best, Scott

Bob Sutphin

Excellent customer service, quality, trustworthiness, etc.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Bob, Thank you for sharing a few thoughts on RescueTouch. Hope all is great with you. Best, Scott

Anthony Laudadio

Quick reliable service. The product has never failed yet. We are notified immediately.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Anthony, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Hope all is well. Best, Scott

Janet Haskell

So nice to have an alert that doesn't involve outsiders. Makes Mom more likely to push the button if she knows it won't mean ambulance. Allows us to determine if EMT's are needed

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Janet, Thank you for sharing your specific benefit of our Family Response packages. Hope you and your mom are doing great! Best, Scott

Bernie

No problems and have heard several times from them as to usage and haven't needed except for testing

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Bernie, Thank you for taking the time to share a few words about your experience with RescueTouch. Hope your doing great! Best, Scott

Kathy Bilello

Highly recommend rescue touch because it is a good value and we received excellent service.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Kathy, Thank you for the recommendation and the 5-star review. Hope you're doing great! Best, Scott

Paula Smith Chandler, AZ

They were very good to do business with and kept their word on every thing they advertised

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Paula, Thank you for a sharing your experience with us. Hope you are doing well. Best, Scott

B Cape Girardeau, MO

Needed device that used AT&T network. Works well.

Hello B, Thank you for a few words and the 5-Star review! Best, Scott

GaryD Fredericksburg, VA

Their device works well and is easy to use. Unlike other companies who use high pressure sales and auto-renewing contracts with a limited time window to cancel, customer service is excellent and fair.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Gary, Thank you sharing your experience with our customer service and customer-friendly polices. Hope you are doing well. Best, Scott

Janice Hill San Antonio, TX

They provide a portable device that keeps track of my active elder father and gives me comfort knowing that we can find him or he can let us know if he gets in a bind or trouble and unable to use a phone.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Janice, Thank you for sharing your experience with our GPS functionality. Hope you are all doing well. Best, Scott

John Nashville, TN

RescueTouch provided all of the functionality desired in a simple easy to use hassle free package.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi John, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our service, and for the 5-Star review. Hope you're doing great! Best, Scott

Judith Seyffert Sun City, AZ

Easy to use, adaptable to different needs, affordable.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Judy, Thank you for a few words and the 5-star review. Hope all is well. Best, Scott

Lynne Grill Milwaukee, WI

Dad accidentally pushed the button and the response from Rescue Touch was immediate and polite. Provides me with peace of mind knowing that dad will be helped in an emergency.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Lynne, Thank you for sharing your experience with our response to your dad's "testing". Hope you and he are both doing well. Best, Scott

Marian J. Jacksboro, TN

Enables piece of mind when can't be at home with parent struggling with dementia.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Marian, Thank you for sharing a few words about your parent's RescueTouch. And thanks for the 5-Star review. Hope your family is doing well. Best, Scott

Steve Taylor Savannah, GA

easy for mom to use easy for us to call her and hear

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Steve, Thank you for sharing a few words on your experience with your mom's RescueTouch. Hope you are both doing great. Best, Scott

Vanessa Keymar, MD

We got exactly what we needed with the help of customer service. The device contacts us directly. It is for my father in law who lives close by. He can't operate a cellphone so this device was perfect. He just pushes a button and the device calls us on our cellphone.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Vanessa, Thank you for sharing your experience with your father-in-law's RescueTouch. Best, Scott

Sharon Salamanca, NY

My mother could contact a family member if something happened. She even felt better having family walking in the door at the time of need and not a stranger.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Sharon, Thank you for sharing a few words about your mom's experience with her RescueTouch. I hope you're doing well. Best, Scott

Tomie Rogers Peoria, IL

The system never failed me, and if it did, it was through my own fault. I loved that I could program to text/call my phone number rather than 911 and although I didn't use it, the GPS feature is fantastic!

Hi Tomie, Thank you for your review of RescueTouch. Best, Scott

Ken Hoover Cresson, PA

Ability to have only family members notified instead of dialing 911. Fall notifier does not work as reliably as it should. ATT service not great in all areas.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Ken, Thank you for sharing your experience with your RescueTouch. If I remember right, we spoke on the phone about fall detection. I'll review my notes and give you a call. Our fall detection is unlike others in the industry. To my knowledge, ours is the only one with adjustable sensitivity. Let's take a shot at making yours more sensitive to pickup less significant falls. You're right about AT&T, like a cell phone there's spots of weaker cellular signal. Technology advancements will continue to improve connectivity is those weaker spots. Talk soon, Scott

Sandi Taylors, SC

Superb customer service! Easy to use technology. Buttons look nice with unique design and fun colors.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Sandi, Thank you for sharing a few words about your RescueTouch. We love the 5-Star review! Hope you're doing great! Best, Scott

Sabrona Ecorse, MI

They keep us informed of any changes in the company that will affect the users. And I love that there are multiple levels of service. We choose this company because their service offers GPS location of the monitor. That way if there is an issue with my father outside the home we know where he is at. Another amazing feature is that one level of service will call or text us if my dad hits the button. And can actually pick the people it notifies.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Sabrona, Thank you for the 5-Star review! Hope you and your father are doing great. Best, Scott

Ramona Dutter Kalispell, MT

The Customer Service was very helpful when we first got the Rescue Touch and answered any questions.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Ramona, Thank you for sharing a few words and the 5-Star review! Hope you're doing well. Best, Scott

R. Kim Etheredge Jacksonville, FL

They have done everything exactly as they said ! Outstanding product.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Dr. Etheredge, Thank you for sharing a few words on RescueTouch. Hope you and your father-in-law are both doing well. Best, Scott

Peggy R Jasper, IN

This device functions the way we want it to. We wanted a device that allows our mother to leave the house and still have access to us if she would fall. If she activates it, this necklace device will call up to 5 of us sequentially and she can talk directly to us to let us know what she needs. We have not needed it thankfully, but we have tested it and it works as advertised. It also has a GPS location feature.Our mother doesn't go a lot of places, but it gives her the peace of mind and freedom to do so.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Peggy, Thank you for sharing your experience with your mom's RescueTouch. We're happy to hear she hasn't needed it. We hope you're both doing well. Love the 5-Star review! Best, Scott

Nancy Orr Reynoldsburg, OH

ease of use,easy to charge product, quick response time, fall detection is great

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Nancy, Thank you for sharing your experience with RescueTouch. Hope you're doing great! Best, Scott

Len DeGiovine Greenville, NY

this is a very professional customer considerate and cost effective operation.

Hi Len, Thank your for sharing a few words and the 5-Star review. Best, Scott

Ken Bellevue, WA

Great customer service. Sometimes I can call and speak directly with the owner.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Ken, Thank you for the sharing your experience and 5-Star review! Best, Scott

John Renninger

Easy to use, keeps me safest is very handy

Hi John, Thank you for the 5-Star review! Hope you're doing great! Best, Scott

Gina Oklahoma City, OK

RescueTouch works and also fits my budget, which is not very high.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Gina, Thank you for sharing a few words about your RescueTouch, and for the 5-Star review. Hope you are doing great! Best, Scott

Frances Longmont, CO

The alert works, the company is reputable and honest, as well as personal.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Frances, Thank you for the kinds words. Hope you are doing well. Best, Scott

Chuck Williams Bridgewater, VA

As my mom's mobility began to be questioned, my wife and I reached out to evaluate some of the "medic alert" companies. When we called Rescue Touch, we shared our circumstances with the operator and were transferred to the owner of the company Scott Lepper. Scott walked us through the features of the device and evaluated our needs. I was totally unaware that the technology existed to have my mom's device call me OR call 911. A great feature by the way. My mom can call using this device and I can call her as well. This way, I can make the determination as to her condition before 911 is called and emergency services are rendered. My mom is even thankful for this feature in that she sometimes "can't find her phone". Thank you Rescue Touch and Scott Lepper for alleviating my mom's concerns, as well as our own.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Chuck, Thank you for sharing your experience with your mom's RescueTouch. Hope you, Cindy, Ruby and the boys are doing well. And thanks for the 5-Star review! Best, Scott

Betty Braun and Jim Bowen Appleton, WI

The service works well. Customer service has been very good.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Betty, Thank you for sharing a few thoughts on your experience with our services. Hope you are all doing great! Best, Scott

Jackie Heikkinen Hancock, MI

It was a product that was easy to use by my father. It did not require a landline or cell phone to operate.It worked the way is was presented. The fall detention was accurate. We had confidence in the product. I discontinued the service when my father was admitted to an assistant living facility after surgury. He has gone home now but with VA benefits he does receive a call device for free. The VA product is dependent on a phone line. There have been two times in a month and a half where my dad did not have service. I am reconsidering going back to the rescue touch product.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Jackie, Thank you for sharing your start-to-finish experience with us. We'd love to have you and your dad back on Team RescueTouch! Come on.. Best, Scott

Jan Polastry/Mark Hatfield Fountain Inn, SC

Rescue touch one of the inventor Scott answered all my questions two times before I bought the device for my brother very informative and through the process after purchasing we had some questions after the fact it has A fall feature so when a patient falls the device instantly calls family members to help first a few times my brother fell slowly which the device didn't detect but then he could press the button when he was on the floor so he did get help .He use the device for four or five months.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Jan, It was great to hear Mark is doing much better. Wish you both the best! Thank you for the 5-Star review. Take care, Scott

Johanna Grant

Everything worked as stated, providing me with some mental relief as far as monitoring my mother's safety (especially at night) was conerned.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Johanna, Thank you sharing your experience with your mom's RescueTouch. Hope you're doing great! Love the 5-Star review. Best, Scott

Mary C. Falls Church, VA

Rescue Touch offers a top notch AND unique product and their service backing it up is equally impressive. After much research, the feature that stood out to me was the ability for me (and others) to call my blind mom through the pendant! And, she can call me directly at the touch of a button. This feature eliminated her reluctance and has been a boon when I’m running late or she wants a quick word. What I didn’t know, when doing my research, was that Scott and his entire staff are absolutely dedicated, competent and caring. Service is instantaneous, and, when every second can count, this is crucial. In addition, when the SOS button is activated, my brothers and I get instant alerts and can call mom on the pendant! If the company can’t reach mom on the pendant, they call her landline, then my cell. We had one incident when they couldn’t talk to anyone to confirm that mom was ok - EMTS were there in 9 minutes. Would love to see a watch version, as mom has a lipoma on her neck . We replaced the lanyard with one made from cotton yarn. We have had this system for over a year now and recommend it highly.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Mary, We're always interested in hearing how the RescueTouch is being used in unique circumstances such as yours. Thank you so much for the review. Best, Scott

Shannon C Lady Lake, FL

I researched A LOT of medical alert companies and learned that RescueTouch has a really unique feature that sets it apart from the rest. You can set it up so it will contact family or friends rather than instantly calling 911. This was very important to my Mom, who is extremely private and didn't want ambulances, fire trucks, and paramedics coming if she fell and just needed a little help . The owner of the company is also super nice and knowledgeable, and you can tell when you speak to him that he truly cares about his clients. RescueTouch definitely deserves 5 STARS.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Shannon, Yes, your mom is certainly interested in guarding her privacy. We hope both of you are doing great! Thank you for the kind words. Best, Scott

Kay Smith Sandy, UT

I cancelled directly with the owner and via email and they are still charging my mother who is now in a care facility. If you sign up you will be charged and they will not return calls to cancel, there is really no way to get a hold of this company, it's ridiculous. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Hollie, I apologize for the trouble you had contacting me. To my knowledge everything you requested is now in order. You are certainly invited to add additional comments about the outcome. We hope both you and your mom are doing well. Best, Scott

Angela Freeman Clover, SC

Scott at Rescue Touch was so patient and helpful! I enjoyed working with him. All of our conversations were informative and I did not feel sales pressure from him. He made sure to answer all of my many questions and put my mind at ease that we were ordering the right thing for my aging parents.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Angela, We hope your family is doing well. Thank you so much for the review. Best, Scott

Carol Tampa, FL

We bought this for my 91 year old mother, who lives alone. The most important feature for us is that it will call preprogrammed numbers to family prior to calling 911, which in our case assured that she will actually use the device. Our past experience has been that she didn’t want to risk “bothering” strangers in the event of an emergency, so refused to use anything like this! To date we have received one call, after she forgot that the device was in her pocket and threw her slacks on the floor. It worked perfectly! Great pricing and service. Love it!

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Carol, Your mom's desire to not bother strangers (a.k.a. 9-1-1 operator, fire department, and EMS) is very common. Before we developed the current RescueTouch offering Family Response, we would hear stories of mom's avoiding the push of their traditional systems, and instead, staying on the floor for upwards of five hours because they knew their son comes over at the end of his work day. Thank you for sharing your personal experience. Hope all is well. Scott

Laurence Belmont, MI

We need a system that would function for my Mom where ever she walked. At 87yrs old she still moves fast and knowing she has the Rescue Touch around her neck, we and my 90yr old Dad feel more confident about her walking alone.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Laurence, Thank you for sharing your personal experience with your mom's RescueTouch. Hope all is well. Best, Scott

Karen Arft Bradenton, FL

Only used once, a chain I was wearing hit the button so wasn't for an emergency. But they answered quickly but I couldn't hear them so when I wasn't getting through, they called on the phone. Was very nice about the false call and made sure I was alright.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Karen, Thank you for sharing your personal experience with your RescueTouch. Hope all is well. Best, Scott

Carl McLoud, OK

Was delivered quickly and has very good coverage. Luckily have not needed it for an emergency but I know I can reach my mom anytime as I have used it to contact her when she wouldn't answer her phone. I like the advance notifications on the billing too.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Carl, Thank you for sharing your personal experience. Like you, many of our families love the capability of calling their parent through the RescueTouch. Hope all is well. Best, Scott

R Stancil Cumming, GA

Nothing but good things to say about Rescue Touch and our experience with their service over the past year. I found the company through online research and they had he technology I wanted for my elderly Mother who needs "backup" if I am away for a few hours. She has used the button once to get assistance for a fall, and it worked perfectly to reach the local 911 center. On the tech side, I liked Rescue Touch over the other available options because it is cellular based and directly contacts 911. The pendant itself is small and acceptable to my Mother who was very picky with what she would wear. While she has not tried this in the shower, it seems to be properly built to handle normal splashes of water. The other big plus is that this is a small self-contained unit that does not use a "base station" like so many others systems do. What's the point of having the call button around your neck if you have to be within talking/hearing distance of a base station in another room? The cost of the service is also very reasonable as compared to other options, and being cellular can be taken wherever the wearer goes. Highly recommended, and I am very glad I chose Rescue Touch.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Robert, Thank you for sharing your personal experience with your mom's RescueTouch. Hope all is well with you and your mom. Best, Scott

JoAnn Myers New Market, MD

This was purchased for my 85 year old sister-in-law, who is in pretty good health but lives alone since her husband passed away. It provides peace of mind for the family. I love the feature that we have the option to contact family members first instead of going straight to the EMT's. Also love the option of being able to call her Rescue Touch directly if we can't get an answer on her cell phone.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello JoAnn, Thank you for sharing your personal experience. Your 3 reasons for loving the Family Response package are the exact top 3 benefits I speak about when speaking with an inquiring family. Hope all is well. Best, Scott

Doug Cox Downingtown, PA

Living alone, having Rescue Touch as my in home helper in case of an emergency, puts my family at ease. My three contacts have already called because of a button which I pushed by mistake. I do feel secure knowing help will be on the the way if I should fall.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Doug, Thank you for the review of your RescueTouch. Hope all is well. Best, Scott

Jim Bredemeyer Springfield, IL

Rescue Touch has brought peace of mind to my family. With the option to call EMS or family members based on the need, non emergencies can be handled promptly with minimal inconvenience and cost. Rescue Touch has more than paid for itself.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hi Jim, Thank you for sharing a review of your dad's RescueTouch. Hope all is well with you and your mom and dad. Best, Scott

Crispan Greenbrae, CA

Easy to contact the company, though not available in remote areas (like on a hike in the country). Contact is friendly, and open to test calls. Fortunately, I have not had to use it in an emergency.

Reply from Florida Telehealth

Hello Crispan, Thank you for your personal experience. Hope all is well. Best, Scott