Mattress Firm Logo

Mattress Firm

7.6

LAST UPDATED: October 15th, 2021

Mattress Firm was founded in 1989 and is now based in Houston, Texas. With more than 2,500 company-operated and franchised mattress stores across 49 states, this company has the largest geographic footprint in the United States among multi-brand mattress retailers. Through its brands — Mattress Firm, Sleepy's, 1800 Mattress, and Sleep Train — this mattress giant offers a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses, as well as bedding accessories, and other related products. Mattress Firm covers the basics, and much more. You can shop for a mattress set, adjustable bed, standard bed frame, box spring, mattress protector, and pillows, all in one place.

Mattress Firm offers 100+ queen size options from a variety of mattress brands:

Serta mattress/Serta i Comfort series

Sleepy's mattresses

Tempur-Pedic

Tulo

To get an idea of the price range, 15+ queen size mattress models are offered under $500 and 45+ options are over $1,000. You can even buy a luxury mattress from INTELLIbed or Chattam & Wells.

Keep reading for pros and cons, as well as Mattress Firm reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Mattress Finder
  • APR Financing Options
  • Shipping and Delivery
  • 120 Night Sleep Trial
  • Price Guarantee
  • Large Variety of Products
  • Contact Options
  • Nationwide Presence

Mattress Finder

When shopping at mattressfirm.com, the site offers a helpful Mattress Finder tool to help you evaluate what you find most important in a mattress, and which mattresses are the best fit, based on your size, nighttime aches and pains, preferences, and more. If you share a bed, you and a partner can even fill out the quiz together to help evaluate both sleepers' needs and wants, to find the perfect mattress.

Whether looking for a soft, firm, or medium mattress, shoppers will be able to find a mattress for any and all sleeping positions soft, firm, or medium mattress, for all sleeping positions. There are even mattresses that cater to common sleeper complaints, like pain in the hips, lack of edge support. Hot sleepers will even be able to find a great night's sleep. In foam beds, ventilated memory foam or cooling gel-infused memory foam are often added as a foam layer on top of a base foam layer made of supportive high-density foam. This special cooling foam is also offered as an added comfort layer on hybrid and innerspring mattresses, often along with a specially-designed cooling mattress cover.

APR Financing Options

Mattress Firm offers*  a couple of financing options to its customers:

Mattress Firm Credit Card

Shoppers can apply for a Mattress Firm Credit Card online or in stores. It is offered by Synchrony Bank and has everyday promotional offers*, including 6-12 months interest-free financing. After the promo period, interest will be applied to your account, from the date of purchase. But, if you pay it off prior to the deadline, you can save a lot of money.

In addition to this promotional offer, Mattress Firm offers special financing promotions throughout the year to qualified card holders.

No Credit Needed Option

Shoppers can also buy a new mattress with assistance from Progressive Leasing. This is a rent-to-own, leas-purchase agreement. No credit is required.

Basic application requirements include:

• At least 18 years old
  • A social security number or ITIN
  • A credit or debit card
  • Your checking account and routing number
  • Your government-issued photo ID
  • Your employer phone number and zipcode

While this is one of the few ways to get a mattress with less than $100 down, it can add up to be really expensive if you aren't able to pay the full amount, plus service fee in the first 90 days.

This option is not available to people in Minnesota, New Jersey, Vermont, Wisconsin, or Wyoming.

*Offer applies to single-receipt qualifying purchases. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase including taxes and delivery if you pay the promo purchase amount in full within 6 or 12 months. If you do not pay within that time, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. Depending on purchase amount, promotion length and payment allocation, the required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off purchase by end of promotional period. Regular account terms apply to non-promotional purchases and, after promotion ends, to promotional balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%; Minimum Interest Charge is $2. Existing cardholders should see their credit card agreement for their applicable terms. Subject to credit approval. We reserve the right to discontinue or alter the terms of this offer any time.

Shipping and Delivery

Mattress Firm delivers within the continental United States and offers free delivery on online orders over $499.

When buying a mattress online, shipping options include:

• Curbside delivery
  • White glove delivery (including setup)
  • Red carpet delivery (includes setup and a time window)

Available options often depend on the mattress you choose. Once you enter your zip code, the Mattress Firm website can even show you which mattresses are available for same day or next day delivery.

If your order doesn't qualify for free shipping, the charge is $79. This applies to online mattress purchases only. Each mattress store has its own shipping policies.

120 Night Sleep Trial

To help relieve some of the mattress buying pressure, this mattress retailer offers a 120-night sleep trial, with a return or exchange to help make sure you get a comfortable mattress. You must give the mattress some time to break-in, so you need to sleep on it for 30 nights before contacting customer service.

If you are still tossing and turning after 30 nights, you can do a one-time exchange for $79.99-$99.99.

If you aren’t comfortable on your new mattress, you can return it for a refund less an additional return delivery fee of $79.99-$99.99 plus a restocking fee of 10% of your original purchase price or $250, whichever is less.

In the mattress industry, an in-home trial is becoming more of the norm, but the charge for this service ranges from free to several hundred dollars. Policies vary according to each of the different mattress companies.

Price Guarantee

When mattress shopping, you want to make sure that you get a good mattress at the best price possible, whether you are shopping in-store or online. Mattress Firm helps you sleep easy with a 120-night low price guarantee. The retailer will beat any advertised price by 10% or your purchase is free within that time frame.

There are a few standard terms and conditions, but this is still a great benefit. You can get popular mattresses like Serta iComfort or Beautyrest, knowing that you will be covered if you see a better price advertised elsewhere. Just contact customer service for assistance.

Large Variety of Products

Mattress Firm offers a large variety of mattress options to help the majority of shoppers find a good night’s sleep. You will be able to find the mattress you are looking for by using filters on their corporate website. As with most online retailers, you can filter by several parameters:

• Mattress size  — Crib, Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King
  • Comfort (firmness) — Extra Firm, Firm, Medium, Plush, and Ultra Plush
  • Budget — Under $300, $300–$599, $600–$999, $1,000–$1,599, $1,600+
  • Mattress type — Innerspring mattress, memory foam mattress, hybrid mattress, encased coil mattress, pillow top mattress, gel memory foam mattress, bed-in-a-box
  • Mattress brand
  • Top-rated mattresses

Contact Options

Because this is a large company, you can get help from customer service online via live chat, or over the phone. Customer service is available Monday–Saturday 8 AM to 9 PM Central and Sunday from 8 AM to 7 PM Central.

Nationwide Presence

With a physical presence in 49 states, Mattress Firm is a well-known brand. When shopping with most online mattress companies, you don't even have an option to test out a bed. For shoppers that know what they want and how to find it, this isn't an issue. However, for first-time mattress shoppers, finding the perfect mattress without even touching one can be hard, because you might not know the describing words for features that you have grown to expect in a good mattress.

This is where the huge Mattress Firm store network comes in handy.

Online, shoppers can see which mattresses are available at local Mattress Firm stores, then go to get a better look. While you often won't be able to tell which model is the perfect mattress for you lying on it in a showroom for a few minutes, you can get a better idea of the firmness level, comfort features, type of mattress, type of pressure relief, and even mattress depth that you like best.

Being able to easily and locally drop by to shop mattresses in-person is a great resource, especially when buying a mattress for the first time on your own. This also goes for couples trying to find a mattress that both will be happy with, especially if each individual has a different sleeping position.

Visit site

The Bad

Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Mattress Firm filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on October 5th, 2018, which will result in the possible closing of up to 700 retail store locations. This will soon make trying out a mattress a little harder for those living near closing locations. Currently, you can easily browse your options online and see where the nearest storeroom model is available to test out.

The Bottom Line

Mattress Firm has been offering its products and services for almost 30 years. You can find a good option whether you are looking for budget, mid-range, or luxury innerspring, hybrid, memory foam, latex, or gel foam mattresses. Over the years this mattress company has gained customers' trust by offering multiple financing options at reasonable APRs, a desirable 120-night return policy to make sure you get a comfortable mattress and a 120-night price match policy to make sure that you get a good price, and a large variety of products from popular and lesser-known mattress brands.

Whether you shop for a mattress online or at Mattress Firm locations nationwide, you will benefit from various customer-friendly policies.

2.9

Kendall Seifert Denver, CO

The sales process was quick and easy. After that, it all goes to crap. I own several homes in the Denver area and have purchased 7 or so beds from these guys in the past three years. This time was two queen sets and a king foundation. Was told I would have it delivered 10/15/21 between 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Took the morning off work. At 8:20 AM I was called by the delivery driver saying they had changed things and "maybe" they could deliver it around 4 or 5 PM. Maybe. Since they have no phone contact available, that is all you get. These guys truly suck at customer service. Probably should just folded up shop during bankruptcy a few years back.

Aron Jason Wilms Virginia Beach, VA

Like many of the reviews, I am not happy with the failed guarantees and promise made by Mattress Firm. Sale Representative (James) and Store Manager and also self proclaimed Regional Manager offered a guaranteed delivery day option which we took. I was ok waiting longer to get what we wanted. After 6 week on a Friday at 6pm I was told that the order came in incomplete and it would be an additional 4 weeks. I requested a refund and he got upset with me telling me that process would be 10 days. I was okay with an upgrade Tempur mattress that was in stock and he said I would have to pay more. I explained that the Mattress Firm policy was a mattress with the same value or more on claims which you can review when you in a consumer complaint. He absolutely told me he was the highest on the chain that I could speak with. My thoughts right now are that this might be a Manager problem and a guy that thinks he knows everything, but the longer the company ignores me I am thinking this is a company problem. All I am asking is for the company to reach out to me and work with me. Or give me back my money on a product that I did not receive!!!

AW Kansas City, MO

My husband and I recently went to Mattress Firm planning on purchasing a queen size foam mattress for our son and a king size Purple mattress for ourselves. However, the very convincing sales person showed us a floor model Intellibed mattress that was being clearanced out. In the store the king mattress was fine but after a week and a half of sleepless nights and the mattress not living up to the hype I called the store to see what my options were. It turns out that I have no options, I am stuck with the bed since it was a floor model. We were told that there would be no 120 day sleep trial but were left with the impression that we’d have 30 days. No one ever said this would be a final sale or that no returns or exchanges would be available. We do not buy mattresses often, once every 15 years, but when we spend over $2000 on one we expect it to be comfortable. Also, regarding Mattress Firm’s sleep trial. The fine print says if you decide you don’t like the bed you’ll have to pay a 20% restocking fee plus $99 shipping to send it back to the store. Learn from my mistakes. Don’t buy an Intellibed, they’re far to firm, shake every time your partner rolls over and the mattress is so thick that it severely limits your sheet buying options. Go with an online mattress store. They offer up to 365 days for their sleep trial and not only will refund your money if you don’t like it but help you find a place to donate the mattress you don’t want, they don’t want it back for sanitary reasons!

Ryan Porzel Oak Brook, IL

I was supposed to have a delivery on Thursday. I took the day off work to accept the delivery and received a call the night before at 4 oclock that the delivery was delayed to Saturday. Too late now to cancel my day off Then, I said it must be delivered in the morning on Saturday for the redelivery. It was scheduled for 1:30-3:30, not the morning. Then it was rescheduled for Monday with Diamond server so that it would arrive between 10-12. I received a call about delivery between 11:30-1:30 and it was Silver service, meaning they would not offer the level of delivery I even paid for originally (Gold Service). I received a call from a corporate representative in response to a bad review and they apologized and offered a credit on the order. Now 15 days later and no credit and no one is even aware of such credit to be issued.

Victor Davis Basking Ridge, NJ

I bought a mattress and box springs for my invalid sister, expecting that, as advertised, The Mattress Firm would set up the new bed and haul the old one away. First of all, removing the bed involved disassembling a wooden frame which the "white glove" installers refused to do, or to haul away the wooden pieces. The Mattress Firm installers left the new mattress and box springs sitting, unusable, in my sisters's bedroom, then, for reasons passing understanding, left the old mattresses sitting in the main hallway of her apartment complex. I've had to hire a trash removal service --twice--to remove the wood pieces and now to haul the old mattresses out of the hallway. Far from "bending over backwards" to accommodate a customer with physical disability, The Mattress Firm has refused to exhibit even the minimum of customer accommodation. Never again!

Jean Vaca Queens, NY

Steinway store Rep Khalid great 👍 Delivery men Excellent👍 I recommend Mattress Firm to all ! So pleased with everyone 🥰 and a GREAT mattress. Thank You Jean Vaca Astoria, New York

Ahmad Milstead Aurora, CO

I.never got what I paid for it took a full year and I never got my bed just a ton of excuses no bed never talked to a human just chat and online bs never got my mattress never got the situation handled this place needs to be shut down I hate them they gave me ptsd I needed my bed because I'm a stroke survivor and they caused me so much more stress I finally gave up and got a $30 refund I didn't even get my bed I paid for!!!!!

Jody Harrison Sharpsburg, GA

If I could give a negative amount of stars, it would be -5. This is the worst experience I've ever had trying to make a purchase. The initial purchase visit was fine, but after that we encountered rude people who didn't really care if we ever got our beds. We purchased two beds on May 29th. We've been through three rescheduled deliveries, all on their end. The fourth scheduled delivery was for yesterday. They showed up but never rang the doorbell, just took a picture of the front of the house and left. I have security cameras that would have recorded them at the front door and they're claiming we weren't here. They have been rude every time I've spoken with them and they have even put the blame on us. They have cost me time and money (time taken off from work) and caused me stress and aggravation and they haven't offered to do anything to rectify the situation except to "reschedule" us again. If they had been remotely honest about how long it was going to take and what the REAL reason is behind the delays, we might have been more patient or maybe waited a while longer before buying new beds. I will never purchase from them ever, ever again!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather sleep on the floor.

Douglas Silber Orlando, FL

I ordered a mattress through Mattress Firm's website on June 25, 2021. Both the website and the email I received about my order stated that the mattress will be delivered between June 28, 2021 and June 30, 2021. I have guests coming so the dates fit well. I hit the button in the confirmation email to track the order and it says that the estimated delivery date is 7-10 business days... That potentially brings us out to July 9th... way farther out than June 30th. I spoke with a rep online and he said there is nothing he can do. I asked for a manager and he said a manager will call me within 2 days. I received a call from Henrietta at Mattress Firm today (day 2) and she just kept on saying that once they get the tracking number, which is usually within 5 business days, they will be able to give me a delivery date. That is not what I asked for. Why does the website and the confirmation email state delivery dates of 3-5 days if it is ALWAYS 7-10 business days? Henrietta could not answer me. I cancelled my order and will not be dealing with Mattress Firm again.

Steve Pisgah Forest, NC

Very fast update: Mattress Firm contacted me after my review and provided a full refund. I think the online description was incorrect which motivated my purchase, but their response with a refund is excellent business. I online ordered a mattress that was not available in showrooms. The website described it as firm. The bed sure didn't sleep like it was described. It was not firm and the topper already had a low spot in the middle. Also a heat trapping top. And, best of all, the next morning I woke up with a very sore back. I immediately returned it. Now the real fun. I'll lose half the cost of the bed to restocking and delivery fees. It's my fault. I didn't carefully read the return policy. I've since found two sellers online who offer 120 day trial period with full refund and free pickup if you are not satisfied (Layla and Amerisleep) and a third (Saatva) which charges for pickup but gives a full refund. Mattress Firm did not correctly represent their product. But they made money on me. Think about it. They sold something you could only test after you bought it. The other three online companies, Layla, Amerisleep, and Saatva, do the same thing but with no financial risk. Mattress Firm makes you pay a considerable fee for taking a chance.

tkelly

We went to this store at Hammock Landing store #053095 in West Melbourne, FL 32904 on 8/5/2019. the sales associate James S (JT) was very professional, curteous and very knowledgeable. He took the time to explain the different matteresses and we experienced laying on numerous mattresses. We decided on a SLEEPYS HUSH PILLOWTOP QUEEN PRIME. We also purchased the firm 300 adjustable base.Delivery was the next day and they notified me when they were 45 minutes to my house. The techs who delivered and set up my bed were very professional. Thank you for a wonderful experience. From store to warehouse to delivery to set up. I would recommend your company to anyone.

Jennifer Mooresville, IN

My husband and I bought a new mattress in September after having the same mattress for 21 years. I was not looking forward to the process, but Kevin the Sales Associate at the Brownsburg Indiana Store was professional, knowledgable, and extremely helpful. We were not completely satisfied with our first purchase, we did not find it very comfortable. I stopped in the store on several occasion, where Kevin was working. He was quick to remind us that we should not have to work to get use to a mattress. He encouraged us to take advantage of the 120 night return policy if we were not completely satisfied with our purchase. On the 118th night we returned to the store where Kevin helped us find something that would meet our requirements and we would find more comfortable. He went out of his was to accommodate to us. Our 2nd mattress was delivered a few days later and we have been completely satisfied with our new mattress.

Ali Seattle, WA

Purchased a new bed in December 2018 at the Seattle downtown location. I had done some research and MF was the only location to try out 3 brands that we were interested in. The manager helped up, (Kayla, though I know I'm spelling it wrong- my apologies lost the business card). She was thorough, relaxed, and didn't rush us. I told her right away that we were going to look around and take a break and come back if we were interested and she was totally respectful. We ended up coming back, partially because my husband fell in love with some insane 'space mattress' (honestly I don't even know what we got, but it is AMAZING). I was there to make sure we didn't get screwed on pricing, financing, delivery/old bed removal, etc. Kayla made MORE than sure we were taken care of, arranged next day delivery, and even threw in a great mattress cover since the one that we were supposed to receive in some promotion wouldn't arrive for 2-3 days. Financing was great, 0% great actually. And the delivery team was prompt (excellent tracking system they offered to see where our bed was on delivery day), they were friendly, efficient, and set up was perfect. I hate spending money-- like real money, on things. It's always a bummer. Kayla respected my sarcastic comments (with my apologies of course) and we had the best possible experience buying a new bed. I hate how much I love this space bed. I'm literally in it now working from home on my laptop because it's so comfortable. I can't speak for everyone, but the Seattle location had a wide range of beds, a really friendly staff (we ended up chatting with a couple other folks during the process), and another family was purchasing their bed the same day and left happy as well.

Elizabeth Colombo Sarasota, FL

I cannot thank Bill H at the 5201 S. Tamiami Trail store in Sarasota, Florida, enough for what he did for my mother and me. We moved here and our belongings were delayed, so we needed to buy beds unexpectedly and Bill was a Godsend. Everything he represented to us about what he sold to us has proven to be true and we are so thankful. We knew what we had prior to our move and we loved our mattresses, so we knew what we wanted and Bill knew how to guide us. He was knowledgeable and accommodating. Lately, I've been feeling like I get less respect as a female consumer, but I did NOT feel that way AT ALL with Bill. He was so respectful to my mother and me and he was kind in listening and understanding our needs in a mattress. Additionally, he helped us get everything quicker given we had nothing to sleep on. My mother has been a Registered Nurse for 42 years and I wanted her to be able to rest her hardworking bones on a good mattress, so Bill's efforts were more appreciated than I can express in words. Bill also steered us toward an adjustable base when we walked in intending to buy box springs. He was not pushy about it, which we appreciated, but he educated us about the bases given we did not know about them. Bill, knowing that we did not expect to have to spend money on beds, also told us that Mattress Firm was offering those bases for free. Thank God he did because my mom's back went out a few days ago and that adjustable base was a HUGE help in getting her on her feet and on the road to feeling better! Bill clearly understands how to provide excellent customer service in a time when I often do not feel that way as a consumer, so I am extremely grateful that Bill was working the night we found ourselves at your store. We took so much time that we ended up in the store after closing and we rushed ourselves out toward the end because Bill never once made us feel rushed or like a bother. He just helped us because I think, based on everything he did for us, he's a good man. We called Bill to ask him a question a few days after our purchase and he was just as nice as he had been in the store and he seemed happy to speak to us and help answer our question! This was our first experience with Mattress Firm, but we'll be back and recommend you to everyone we know who's in the market for a bed! I cannot thank you and Bill enough. Please reward him for not just a job well done, but for those little something extras that make customers feel valued and happy with their purchases. You are very lucky to have Bill representing your company.

Nathalie I. Mount Vernon, WA

I had been shopping around for a new mattress most of the day, and it was pretty late when I finally showed up at Mattress Firm. But the sales associate was very friendly and helpful despite the time. After asking about warranties, prices, packages, and trade options Mattress Firm seemed like the most reasonable price for what I wanted. The ordering/ checking out process was very fast, and the associate was incredibly good at answering all the questions I had. The delivery date was set much, much sooner than the other companies I had talked to. I ordered on a Saturday night and got it Monday afternoon. The delivery company has a process where they send updates via automated phone messages, so I knew exactly when they were going to show up. And once they did, they were in and out in less than ten minutes. Which is very impressive considering that they set up the entire mattress and frame to go along with it. The delivery men that showed up were polite and even put down a little mat outside the door before they walked in (they had those funny little booties that are common nowadays as well). Overall I am very pleased with the service, and from what I hear, they may be getting more business from my family within the next year.

LH Rahway, NJ

PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM MATTRESS FIRM!!! WORST NIGHTMARE 1st Mattress Arrived Ripped; 2nd Mattress incorrect & adjustabled based stained wall damaged and after 95 emails dealing with Corporate promised 10 days to received check it took almost 2 months, RUDE Warehouse staff, they promise great customer service; if you fill out the Customer Service Request Form they state someone will get back to you within 48 hours. They will NOT, if you call the corporate office it just rings (USELESS) PLEASE YOU MAY PAY MORE MONEY but try going to another Retails store you will save yourself less stress. I wish I never walked into Mattress Firm on March 25, 2021. Finally on May 4th the correct Mattress was delivered and on May 26th I received a check for the damage that occurred from the incident on April 6th that I paid out of pocket on May 1st. All this unnecessary stress and I'm about to have back surgery in 6 days.

Victor Middletown, NY

On the 8th I bought a mattress. On the 12th the was a sale on it for 130 dollars less. I request (since we can't reach over the phone) for the 120 day price match. On the 16th I reached out to the local store and to the online chat rep and they both said that they could not help. This was a sale by Mattress Firm on the 12th and they had no evidence that it ever happened. I asked for a manager to reach out to me and she said the same. "If it is a Flash Sale or a Daily Sale we have no idea on the next day what the sale was about or what prices and discounts were offered". I find it difficult to believe that Mattress Firm does not have a record of all sales and transactions and that not one of their employees can retrieve this information. It seems that it is a super secret sale that not even their employees know about.(?) The online manager also forwarded me an email that was allegedly sent on the 12th at 8:53 pm "Hello Victor, Thank you for reaching out to us. We received your request for a price match. Please let us know how we may assist you. Thank you," I never received this email, not in my inbox, not in my spam and not in my trash...this email was never received. As you can see from their response they were aware of my request. What additional information did they need? I expressed what my concern was in the original request form, i supplied the order number (as requested), my phone number and my email address. What additional information did they need. THey just had to issue the credit. They did not even look into the matter. They let the "secret" sale disappear from their records and put the responsibility on me to reach out to them again. However, as I stated before, this email never came through. A phone call would have been appreciated. But this would have meant that they would have had to give me the credit for the difference. Emailing or calling them the next working day would have not made a difference because the secret sale would have not in their records anymore. Finally, I was told that if I wanted the credit I should have taken a screen shot of "their" website with the sale price as they have no idea what sales Mattress Firm generates nor do they have the ability to research the sales that Mattress Firm advertises on a daily basis. This confused me, Mattress Firm does not tell their employees what sales are advertised? Sincerely confused and disappointed customer. ​

Shannon Rogers Marion, IN

I appreciated the customer service we received when we went to the store, it was great. HOWEVER, they were sure to point out the 120 night guarantee, but not all of the loopholes nor fine print, should our mattress not be right for us. I feel like they stole over $200 from us, by claiming a "restocking fee" and charging us a percentage for the return. It could have been worse, he was kind enough to drop the percentage to 10% rather than 20%, but nevertheless the grief we got (the mattress turned out to be way too firm and my husband's back hurt so bad he couldn't walk) was not worth the "kindness" of dropping 10% off what they normally charge for a return. What happened to transparency and honesty in business? DO NOT RECOMMEND---or at least buyer beware!!!

Cj Hammers Wheeling, IL

Hello my name is Christopher ,I am a disabled veteran and was having trouble with my product and I had called a few stores related with mattress firm and recieved zero help tell I was able to talk with Bruce M at the DeKalb store he stepped in right away and mad sure I was treated correctly and with swift action I will be back to sleeping in no time .Thank you to bruce m and his team.

AlKan New York, NY

I went to Mattress Firm 33 and Lexington location. Sales man was Andrew. He quickly asked me several questions and showed me a mattress which was out of thirty mattress I found the best one suits for my budget and comfort. It’s like Vini vidi vici. In buy it and out 15 minutes. Thanks Andrew, you really surprisingly best sales person I ever see and thanks to mattress firm they are out there so we can try and purchase our mattresses before buy.

Penny Holder Alma, GA

Being able to lay on the beds were great. Most favorite was the pillow. I want to shout out to the wonderful sales person. Her name was Angel. She normally works in Brunswick but was in Waycross on the day we visited. It was a great experience and we left with mattress purchase and the extra set of sheets. We should receive it Tuesday. Can not wait!!

thomas Pinellas Park, FL

We purchased our mattress on 12/7/19 and had many questions. Nathan G and Joseph R at the Pinellas Park #0252024 were very patient with us and answered every question. We purchased the mattress and they were able to fit us in for delivery the next day, Sunday. The delivery should have been in the afternoon, but the driver was able to fit us in first thing in the morning. Very good service all around. 2nd purchase from Mattress Firm. Thank you!!

Marge Shetler New Florence, PA

My husband and I ordered a split king adjustable bed from Mattress Firm in Johnstown, PA, on April 2. Our salesman was William (Ron) A. Ron was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable about the products, listened to our needs, and spent a considerable amount of time with us to help us select the best bed. He also worked hard to put a good deal together for us. The only down side to the deal was that the twin xl mattresses that we ordered were not available for delivery until Friday, April 19. Although one of the reasons we shopped Mattress Firm was their online claim of same day delivery, we agreed to wait to get just the right bed. Delivery time on the 19th was scheduled between 3:45 and 5:45 pm. Our grandson wanted our old bed, so he moved it out prior to that time, leaving nothing of the bed but the headboard in our room. Around 3 pm I checked online to see where the truck was. It showed the truck about an hour away at the 11th stop (ours was the 12th), and delivery time was changed. The next couple times I checked, it was later. The last time was between 7 something and 8 something. I did not receive a phone call until 6:45 from the driver, who told me that the truck had broken down and my bed would not be delivered. He said that his office was supposed to make that call, but I never heard from them. I called our salesman at Mattress Firm. Ron explained that Mattress Firm sources out their delivery service, and that he had not heard that the delivery was delayed. So much for “Red Carpet Delivery”! Ron made phone calls, and tried to get a delivery for Saturday. Being Easter weekend, that didn’t happen. When I was told that the it would come “Monday or Tuesday”, I was livid. I told him if it wasn’t delivered Monday, I was cancelling the order. It’s scheduled for Monday morning. The delivery service’s lack of communication with us and with Ron was inexcusable. We relied on the on-time delivery and planned our day around it. We were left hanging in limbo waiting at a very busy time for us. Not only was the delivery service unprofessional, but the customer services phone system is useless. Navigating their automated menu is infuriating. There is no way to talk to a live person, and no way to leave a message. We have had no bed to sleep in for 3 nights! No delivery yet, so I can’t speak to product quality, comfort, etc. yet. Overall, I was extremely satisfied with the salesman and the buying experience, but beyond dissatisfied with the customer service department and delivery service. UPDATE: Bed was delivered on Monday, and we really like it. Only regret is the height. We put all three leg pegs under it, and almost need a stepladder to climb into it. We should have only put two pegs under it. Totally our fault. Mattress Firm refunded our delivery price and also a discount for the inconvenience.

Dan McDonough, GA

Recently we had a mattress failure which required the purchase of a new mattress. The previous mattress was under warranty. After completing the warranty requirements, we drove to the McDonough, Ga location on Hwy 20/81. There we met a charming young lady named Nicole who manages that location. She walked us through several options without a hint of pressure towards one set or the other. She was an absolute jewel to work with that day. If you are in need of a new mattress or new set, I would highly recommend Nicole and Mattress Firm of Mcdonough. You will be glad you went to that location.

Linda l Hitchings Bloomington, IN

I had been thinking of buying a new bed for over a year and began actively searching around a month ago. I looked on-line and also went to 4 stores in our area. For those of you mattress shopping, you know that the choice is ... overwhelming. At Mattress Firm, their mattress choices were easily identifiable as far as firmness, price, and brand and their staff was attentive and well-informed. They worked within our budget while allowing us to try out different beds and discuss possibilities that were both more and less expensive than our choices. Their guidance was reassuring, focusing on our needs. Additionally, they offered the best price, buy back policy, financing, and other perks than any other store in town and than on-line! Alina at the Bloomington Indiana store was particularly patient with our questions and concern. THANK YOU!

Irene Easton, MD

We ordered a mattress, frame and head board on the mattress firm web site. We paid an additional $99.99 for gold service. We were told this included the delivery people putting the frame and head board together. Unfortunately, that never happened. The delivery people just dumped the frame on our front porch in a box and the mattress they leaned against a wall in our house. We tried to call but no one answers the phone, so we went thru the chat room and were told that we would get a refund. Never happened, tried again and they disconnected us. Never use their chat room. They rip you off

LH Rahway, NJ

PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM MATTRESS FIRM!!! WORST NIGHTMARE 1st Mattress Arrived Ripped; 2nd Mattress incorrect & adjustable based stained wall damaged, 3rd Mattress hard as a ROCK delivered almost 2 months later. Walls damaged. Terrible Terrible experience. BUYER BEWARE AND STAY AWAY. Mattress Firm does not stand by its policies and is a completely disreputable company. PLEASE Take your business elsewhere. LOOK AT THE REVIEWS. They will waste your time. IF EVERYONE IS SAYING THE SAME THING IT IS TRUE I WISH I DID MORE RESEARCH.

Brian Clettenberg Milwaukee, WI

Mattress Firm has the absolute worst customer service that you could possibly imagine. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! I ordered a BOXED mattress on April 10th and their website, along with my order email says "Estimated Delivery: Arrives in 5-7 business days." We order a new frame, we order new sheets, etc. for the new bed. Five days later, April 15th, and I haven't received any shipping notifications. Mattress Firm ALSO doesn't offer any phone-related correspondence for their paid customers. If you call the number, there's an automated response that makes you go online and do a live chat or submit a form. Once the message is done, it automatically hangs up. I start a live chat and the person couldn't possibly be more useless. No information except what I already have from the order confirmation email...... I submit feedback, request a phone call, and nobody calls me (of course). The next day, April 16th, I submit an online form and I get an email from another customer service person who says: "Your item will be shipped directly from the vendor within (5-7 business days) from your order date (04/10/21). Once the item ships, you will receive an email with the tracking number." I email them back, twice, and they don't respond to either messages. If someone can realistically tell me why a BOXED MATTRESS takes over 6 days to ship, please feel free to let me know. It's in a box, you put it on the truck, and you ship it. At this point I just want to cancel my order... I've had enough and I don't want to do business with people who treat their customers like this. I start a live chat with ANOTHER person and they tell me that my mattress is out for delivery. They even give me a tracking number. I look it up and it's the wrong tracking information for a different order that was placed ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY. This is not only outrageous, but completely UNBELIEVABLE!!! HOW DOES A COMPANY DO BUSINESS LIKE THIS?????????? They tell me "sorry" and give me another tracking number. This one was generated TODAY and it only says "LABEL CREATED: Shipment information sent to FedEx" At this point I'm furiously frustrated and simply want to cancel my order. The live chat person says that the refund process takes 7-14 business days....... of course it takes two weeks, because why wouldn't it? I ask to be connected to a manager. Thankfully they call me within a short period of time, but they say the exact same thing as the the live chat person. Basically they're not able to help me, they "can't" cancel my order right now because it's "been shipped" (even though it hasn't... the label was just created) and now they're forcing me to wait a week or two for the refund. Once again, I can't call the company because they don't have that option, the live chat people are useless, the managers are useless, they can't cancel my order, and I can't get my money back in a timely manner. What other options do I have? File web complaints? Federal regulatory complaints? Why is this even a thing? Why can companies just treat their customers like dirt and continuously get away with it? They shove their advertising down our throats and trick people into thinking they're a good and reputable company..... YOU CAN'T EVEN CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! STAY FAR AWAY FROM MATTRESS FIRM FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!!!!

Paul Wright Boca Raton, FL

We were helped by Rachel Olivo S. She should give lessons on the right way to treat customers. She was so attentive never make us feel that we were taking too much time. Answered all our questions, very knowledgeable about her products. I was all my shopping experience was even close to this one. Thank YOU

Sarah Dusza Phoenix, AZ

The Mattress Firm in Tucson off of Broadway Blvd has incredible customer service! Tom K was very helpful in selecting a mattress and offered a lot of promotional discounts. He was friendly and aided with all of our selections

Kara Sircy Knoxville, TN

Worked with Susan E at the Broadway store in Knoxville - wonderful experience! Shopping for my son's mattress - she was sweet and kind with him, and very knowledgeable about the products while evaluating his personal mattress preferences and my desired price point. I fully recommend Mattress Firm - looking forward to delivery tomorrow!

Michelle Miami, FL

This is the best mattress store ever, Our salesmen was Efrain G. at Midtown in Miami, He was extremely patient, professional, and help us get a great mattress for our budget. Will be definitely be coming back and I highly recommend this company

Vince McElhose Severn, MD

Salesperson was unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable. He went out of his way to make sure we were happy, comfortable and sleeping well. He even checked back with us after we received our mattress to make sure we were still happy and enjoying our purchase.

Sherry Pitts Fort Walton Beach, FL

They were amazing. Helped us fine the right bed. Took as long as we needed to do that , haha but they were amazing

Randy McLean, VA

Purchased an expensive Stearns and Foster mattress a year ago with a 10 year warranty. Mattress sagged significantly in one year of use. Company refused to send someone to inspect despite claim on website to do so and when informed that we were disabled. You will never reach a live person in their customer service center. They do not honor their warranty and have terrible service. Combine terrible service, high prices and poor warranty and you have a company that should go out of business.

Rona Vallejo, CA

Purchased a mattress and pre owned mattress firm 300 adjustable base in July 2020. 1st issue I received a king instead of a queen adjustable base. Next I had to call to get the correct one but they no longer had the one I wanted so the lady ordered a Serta Iseries. Now January I noticed bed squeaks and legs are not sturdy and one leg is bent. Reached out to Mattress firm who originally tried to tell me I still had the 300 series adjustable base and that I received a preowned Serta which I was not made aware of. On my papers it doesn't say the Serta is preowned but on the 300 that I originally ordered did say that. I should've been listened to the other reviews when they said the material of the adjustable bed is cheap. I also should've had listened when I was told not to go to Mattress Firm to purchase anything- they don't take care of their customers and it's ALWAYS issues with the products they sale.

Adam Frank Chalfont, PA

First the website wouldn't process my order, nothing wrong with my card I called and checked. Then once it finally gets processed they tell me 2-3 days delivery. 3 days later I'm told 7-10 days. Now today, the next day, I'm told 10-14 days. I asked for to cancel my order and to be refunded my money. Once the order was canceled they then told me that the refund would take 10-14 days. This company is horribly mismanaged, unorganized, and the customer service is clueless once you actually get to talk to somebody. I would rate this experience as being on my top 10 list of biggest mistakes I ever made. Don't make the same, support the smaller family businesses like I will in 10-14 days.

Robin Koon Charlotte, NC

Currently ordered a King for a Queen price along with an adjustable bed. I conducted my business with the online sales team. The salesman not once advise a no contact delivery for my purchases. I am a single woman that had to pull and tug a adjustable BED into my home by myself and I'm suffering from that along with there are no instructions on how to set the bed. CUSTOMER SERVICE ONLINE AND IN STORE SUCKS!!!!! I have made several attempts to get someone at mattress firm to help tell me how to put adjustable bed together since no one bothered to provide instructions. I will be contacting the Better business bureau and the Attorney General for consumers.

jay Tomball, TX

They deserve a negative 5 star, but I can give them only a 1 star. I was disgrace with the store at willowbrook, The sales person Mike, was friendly, gathering information and making hard sale. At times I felt that I was buying a car. He would not give us straight answer, and no firm price, but a price which was $1200 more than what was on the Mattress Firm web page. We decided to just buy the motorized platform which he quoted us first $550 for the plastform, he then change the mind and raised the price, We decided to go to another store, and he called the other store. I felt that was shady. We came back to the store at willow brook and Mike was gone by then. We spoke with another sales person which quoted us a totally different price. Much higher than mike just a few hours earlier. The Manager Trevor jumped in and obnocisly and customer No_Servervice, Tervor kept on repeating, why I didn't buy the platform earlier, now the price was much higher. I didn't like that the price would change, nor that the price that was given to me was different from the web page, and lastly, I felt that there was too many sales techniques and that they were more interested in how much money they can get out of me. That's not ethical when it comes from the perspective of a buyer. I repeated again, that Mike offered it to me at a certain price, and Trevor again stated that price was no longer available, yet he said he can give me a price if I would buy a set, which he offered me a garbage mattress and the platform at a higher price still. We walked out of the store and saw a much better mattress online for $900 and the platform for $500. Yet they wanted way over the price making hard sales. I would be careful walking into the Willowbrook store and workign with either Mike or the manager Trevor.

Eric Lauwagie ,

Moral of the story: Brick and mortar mattress stores are becoming obsolete and charge a hefty markup. Do your research and purchase a quality mattress online. It will save you time and money and online sellers are much more flexible with returns. I have no issues with Mattress firm employees. Their policies are what created the headaches. This was my wife and my first time buying a mattress. We thought that going to a brick and mortar store to test out the mattresses ourselves would be our best bet. Unfortunately, we got tangled up with all the nonsense that is embedded in the traditional mattress buying process. We started at Mattress Firm and were shown the Beautyrest hybrid which we liked. The sales manager, Craig, gave us what he said was a "good deal", but we would have to pay and sign for it that day as he "may not be in the same store tomorrow" (he turned out to be in the same store for weeks to come). I found out later that day that the price he gave us for the mattress was the exact same price as their website. We had the option of canceling the order at no cost anytime before the delivery one week out. We ended up signing the papers with the intent on shopping around some more. We then went to Ashley Homestore and found a Sterns and Fosters mattress that we liked even better. I called Craig in the store and he said that he would beat their quoted price for the same mattress. We went back to Mattress Firm to find that they did not carry the same Sterns and Fosters model. I found out manufacturers sell the same mattress to different sellers just with different names to confuse buyers even more. Craig then had us try out a few comparable mattresses and we then settled on a Serta iSeries 300 hybrid (plush). We also were purchasing an adjustable frame as my wife has sleep apnea, so having the adjustable frame improves sleep quality. Craig threw in free setup of the adjustable frame and a purple pillow, so kudos to him on that. The mattress arrived a week later and they set it up no problems. After they left, I discovered that a few of the button tufts were unseamed (see photo). I called Craig to notify him of this issue and possibly get a credit on the account as I was delivered a mattress with a defect. He said that the tufting was not something that was under warranty and that he would have to contact his manager in order to see what he could do. After several calls throughout the week there was no traction made. Sleeping on the mattress was comfy for the first couple of nights, but after the mattress broke in we began to have some reoccurring back pain. After doing some research, having a firmer mattress is better for back support, especially with an adjustable frame. Why would we be sold a plush mattress when they were aware it was going to be on an adjustable frame and my wife had complained of back pain issues? Clearly we were not given the proper insight into this before making the purchase. After doing some more research on alternative mattresses, I stumbled upon the Avocado Green mattress. It had the highest Consumer Reports rating this past year and had very high scores for back sleepers. I also found out that the price of the Avocado was less than what we paid for the Serta. I called Craig yet again to figure out our options for returning the mattress. He informed us that we could not return the mattress until 21 days after we received the mattress. He also said there would be a 20% restocking fee for the return and that we would have to pay back the discount he gave us on the adjustable frame in order to return it. I told him this was unacceptable and that I would be willing to pay a 10% restocking fee and not pay the difference on the adjustable frame (we ended up getting this). We ordered the Avocado mattress and were very well informed of our options by their customer support team. We've been sleeping on the Avocado for a couple of weeks and could not be happier. I wouldn't recommend anyone go through Mattress Firm to purchase a mattress. Their prices are far too marked up and there are plenty of great mattresses available online at a lower price.

HJS Port Saint Lucie, FL

At the Jensen Beach, FL store, the twenty-something employee -the only one working there at the time, which was several days before Christmas- couldn't help me load the boxes onto my car claiming he has a bad back. Why hire such a young man who cannot help customers get their purchases out of the store? It makes no sense. He looked physically fit and able to help out.

Darlene Kingston, OK

Excellent people in store good value. I got more than I asked for was explained all financing was a simple way to purchase a bed with an adjustable frame for free with mattress purchase and delivery was perfect

Robert Land Spring, TX

On May25th I ordered a mattress from their memorial day sale (advertised as in stock) - the only reason I gave them 2 stars instead of 1 is simple - they delivered the adjustable base 2 days from the order on memorial day - their delivery team was polite/competent/and efficent. It's been 10 days and I've spent more time in chats and on the phone tracking my mattress than the time it took to pick it out and spend our hard earned money! 10 days later the mattress is out of stock - I've had customer service delay/lie/and refuse to call back! They ignored their promise to ship on time - their delivery window is a lie - their customer service treats you like you're expendable and if I get this mattress it'll be over a month to receive! I gave our mattress to charity so now my sick wife and animals all cram onto a couch while I sleep on the floor. Lesson learned - I'll pay extra to shop with a local business that backs up their word! Cya soon gallery furniture!

Veta Jacqulin El Cerrito, CA

Since I purchased my mattress at Mattress Firm, I wake up every morning with lower back pain. The store did exchange the first mattress, at minimal cost; however, I think I got the wrong replacement mattress. I am 82 years old and have only experienced these back issues ever since I am sleeping on this super soft mattress - what I wanted was a very firm mattress. While the sales person was very pleasant, attempts to rectify the issue with management has been unsuccessful. Being on a limited income, their offer would cost more than I can afford. With so many other mattress store alternatives, I did not do my research well before purchase.

Leah Shelton, WA

I haven’t received a $62 refund I was told I would get. When I called this morning they said it would take 2 to 3 weeks. That is ridiculous. Also, I saved years to buy a new mattress, years!! When I went to mattress firm I was assured I was getting the best deal possible. Less than a week later mattress firm is offering a promotion where I could’ve gotten the mattress protector free, the boxspring free, and two memory foam pillows free. Instead, I paid $75 for a mattress protector I didn’t even want but needed to make sure that I could return the mattress if it wasn’t comfortable. And I got no boxspring and no memory foam pillows. I paid $1488 cash. The mattress I originally ordered and expected to be delivered was not. On the day it was supposed to be delivered I called and was told it was back ordered. The sales person did go out of her way to substitute a better mattress. The mattress is great. We did wind up waiting five days longer for delivery then we wanted to, and also we missed out on all of those promotional deals by just a few days. And, 2 to 3 weeks to refund money paid is unacceptable. I would never shop at mattress firm again. And, 2 to 3 weeks to refund money paid is unacceptable. I would never shop at mattress firm again. Just because in my opinion they did not give me as good a deal as they said they were. Less than a week later they were offering multiple promotions. I feel cheated.

Sabrina

We purchased a Serta I Series Hybrid Bed at the Mattress Firm on Power Road in Gilbert Az. We were given a great price with a guarantee they would beat competitors offers. The bed was delivered and set up on time and they removed our old bed. We love the bed and they offer a return if the bed does not work out. So far it is a keeper.

John Lewis Sr The Bronx, NY

The initial CS person wanted to charge an inspection fee. After my tweet I worked with another rep who seemed not to be reading from a manual. I received credit for my mattress and no delivery fee of a new one.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

My teenage son needed a new mattress to go with a new bed he received for his birthday. We went to Mattress Firm and they offered us a great mattress at a great price. We were glad we shopped around and then ended up at Mattress Firm. They took great care of us.

Lindsey B Orem, UT

Their prices are awesome and their salespeople are very knowledgeable when it comes to the products they offer. I would recommend giving Mattress Firm a chance when it comes to purchasing your next mattress or box springs. Great Company!

Emily Beaverton, OR

Service was absolutely atrocious! Sometimes a good deal is NOT worth the hassle. They use FedEx for their shipping and i was sent tracking informmation on 9/23/2020 saying the item had shipped, it is now 10/1 and STILL no bed. I work for a facility who uses FedEx for shipping and from AZ where this item shipped from to OR whereit was to be delivered is only a 3 day fedex esitmate! The site says 5-7 business days and its been a complete disaster and when I called mattress firm to try and get direction on where to go from here they just kept telling me that FedEx was delayed due to COVID. BS we use them at my work and have NO issues. DO NOT