Best Company Guarantee Regional Finance Logo

Regional Finance

7.9

LAST UPDATED: September 13th, 2021

For over 30 years Regional Finance has been providing a personal loan product through its network of more than 350 locations in 11 states. Founded in South Carolina, Regional Finance has expanded its services and focuses especially on providing loan products to borrowers with less-than-perfect credit.

A Regional Finance personal loan can be used for a variety of purposes and loan amounts typically range from $600 to $10,000 and vary by state. The loan has fixed rates and fixed terms, which can be helpful in managing payments.

Continue reading for a full review of this personal loan company.

The Good

• Accepts Borrowers with Less-Than-Perfect Credit
  • Loans Typically Require Collateral
  • Co-Borrowers Accepted
  • Prequalify with No Impact to Your Credit Score
  • Loans for a Variety of Purposes
  • Reports to Two Main Credit Bureaus
  • No Application or Prepayment Penalty Fees
  • Online Account Management
  • Customer Service

Accepts Borrowers with Less-Than-Perfect Credit

Regional Finance seeks to serve and provide its personal loan product to borrowers with limited credit access. Loan rates and terms are assessed on an individual basis, and so if you have less-than-perfect credit, you could have a chance to qualify for a Regional Finance personal loan.

While Regional Finance could be a great choice for borrowers with less-than-perfect credit, if you have an excellent credit score (700+), you would likely be able to qualify for a personal loan with better rates and terms elsewhere.

Loans Typically Require Collateral

The Regional Finance personal loan requires collateral except in certain states.

The fact that Regional Finance typically requires collateral for a personal loan is indicative of its focus on lending to borrowers who may have limited credit access, since your credit score isn't the only thing that the company is relying on to ensure that you can make loan repayments.

Collateral should be in some form of personal property, such as a car, and it must be insured in case of loss or damage.

Co-Borrowers Accepted

You can apply for a Regional Finance personal loan with a co-borrower, meaning that you and another individual are both responsible for paying back your loan.

It is important to note that a co-borrower is different from a cosigner. With a co-borrower, both parties are responsible for paying back the loan, whereas a cosigner is only responsible for making payments if you are unable to do so for whatever reason.

Prequalify with No Impact to Your Credit Score

With Regional Finance you can easily prequalify for a personal loan. This process will not impact your credit score, but if you choose to move forward a hard credit check will be performed to complete the loan process, which is a standard practice in the industry.

Most lenders offer a pre-qualification option with no impact to your credit score, allowing you to easily compare loan options and see what would be best for you.

Loans for a Variety of Purposes

A Regional Finance personal loan can be used for a variety of purposes, such as debt consolidation, medical expenses, home repairs, or any other large expense. Your use of funds is flexible, which is a helpful offering if other expenses arise even after you apply for and receive your loan.

Some lenders, such as LightStream, have very strict loan purpose guidelines, requiring borrowers to use their funds only for what they outlined in their application, but this is not the case with Regional Finance.

Reports to Two Main Credit Bureaus

Regional Finance reports monthly to Equifax and TransUnion. This is good news, especially for borrowers who may be trying to monitor their credit. That being said, make sure that you make consistent on-time payments on your loan, as this activity will be reported to these credit bureaus and could either really help or really hurt your credit score.

No Application or Prepayment Penalty Fees

Applying for a Regional Finance personal loan is cost-free, and you can also pay off your loan early without penalty, which could save you money in interest.

Online Account Management

Once you are approved for your personal loan, you can easily access your loan information online by setting up a Regional Finance account. Through your account you will be able to schedule and make payments, set up AutoPay, and update your contact information.

To create an account you must have a specific Regional Finance account number which can be found on your loan contract, in your welcome letter/email, on payment receipts, or by contacting your local branch. Without this number you won't be able to create your online account.

Regional Finance prides itself on offering a personalized loan experience by providing excellent customer service. If you ever have any questions or concerns, you can easily contact a Regional Finance representative by phone or email, or you can stop by a branch to speak with a loan officer about your financial information and loan details.

The Bad

• Only Available in 11 States
  • Low Maximum Loan Amount
  • Undisclosed Rates

Only Available in 11 States

Regional Finance is only licensed in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Wisconsin

Unfortunately, if you don't reside in any of these states, the Regional Finance personal loan product will not be available to you.

Low Maximum Loan Amount

Regional Finance offers loans from $600 to $10,000, or even up to $12,000 in some states. This is a fairly low maximum loan amount compared to other lenders that may offer up to $100,000. However, most companies that lend to borrowers with less-than-perfect offer lower loan amounts.

Undisclosed Rates

Exact rates and loan terms are not disclosed on the Regional Finance website. While you will receive this information based on your personal information through prequalification, it can be helpful to see an interest rate range up front so you can have some idea of what to expect.

While rates are not outlined online, they are provided at some in-branch locations in certain states, such as Alabama.

Since Regional Finance lends to borrowers with less-than-perfect credit, it is likely that interest rates will be higher than you may see elsewhere.

The Bottom Line

If you have limited credit access, a Regional Finance personal loan could be a great choice for you.

That being said, if you have high and/or excellent credit (700+), you may want to look into other lending options since Regional Finance's rates will likely be higher than what you could qualify for elsewhere. In addition, if you are in need of a large loan amount, then you will need to look into other lenders since Regional Finance only offers loans up to $10,000 ($12,000 in some states).

Currently, there are no Regional Finance reviews, making it difficult to comment on the company based on customer experience and sentiment. However, based on what we've seen, we would recommend Regional Finance, particularly if you have less-than-perfect credit.

If you have borrowed from Regional Finance, please tell us about your experience by leaving a review.

View Best Personal Loan Companies

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.9

Julie Colleyville, TX

Customer service (only spoke with Norma - what a doll!) is great! I would not give a lower rating but the interest rates are ridiculous. Of course one knows this when taking out this kind of loan. But again, not your fault that a person needs this type of loan.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Julie, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Lorraine Y Davis Dallas, TX

My Experience with Duncanville Office has been nothing but, spectacular in the years I've a customer although there have been a lot of new faces but, the customer service has been excellent by far 😃 As I told Amanda last Saturday I am a Regional Finance Customer for Life ♥️

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Lorraine, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

james Patterson Pasadena, TX

The transaction was very easy to do over the phone and the agent was very professional. I did have an issue during the loan process however once the problem was discovered, they were very helpful in rectifying the issue. This is my second loan with them and would not hesitate to use them again.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi James, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We take all customer concerns seriously. Please contact our Customer Support Department by visiting the Contact Us page on our website so that we can discuss this matter in more detail.

Patrice White Ruther Glen, VA

The originator of the loan was very good. She seemed well oriented with her position was curteous and helpful. I appreciated the aervice she gave me along with her level of professionalism and also being versed it did not take up a whole lot of time.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Patrice, thank you for your feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Rebecca L Medlock Checotah, OK

Always helpful every time I call, Thry have always helped me when I need extra money. Everyone is very friendly and they take the time to meet my needs

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Rebecca, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Emmanuel Agbanyim Sugar Land, TX

The staff are helpful and support with detailed professionalism.Expectially Staff Chirstie.She is the best.Always patient to listen with a better answers to help.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Emmanuel, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Miriam J. Dorsey Raleigh, NC

Kim H., the office manager, was very helpful in many ways. However, she misled me about the percentage of interest on the loan and was extremely slow in getting back to me and answering my questions. When I did get the loan - we had discussed using my car for a larger loan she has not until this very day gotten back in touch with me about the particulars of that loan.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Miriam, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We take all customer concerns seriously. Please contact our Customer Support Department by visiting the Contact Us section of our website so that we can discuss this matter in more detail.

Edgard Velasquez Duluth, GA

Wonderful experience doing business with RF particularly dealing with Andre . I will recommend RF in Duluth to friends and family. In fact, I recently sent a customer who got a deal . Andre is very professional, amicable, he knows what he is doing, he gives you all the options on the table and most of all he makes you feel very comfortable like you are on a place where you are treated fairly.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Edgard, thank you for your feedback. We are proud of our team. We will make sure to pass along your compliments to the branch.

Susana Round Rock, TX

I received very excellent customer service I was very satisfied I would definitely send friends over experience the friendly service I did

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Susana, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Brian Broomfield Concord, NC

Good and understanding staff, friendly staff who listens to you and finds the best way to fix any problem one may be having. They also take the time to explain all the benefits to you and never pressure you to take something you do not need or want.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Brian, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Shelia Turner Waco, TX

Convenient and Fast. I was able to meet some short times expenses that I had without a lot of red tape.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Shelia, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Tracie Flannery Albertville, AL

Friendly, they help me so much as my memory is not the best. I feel like they care and are more than just doing their job.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Tracie, thank you for your feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Shari Barnett Memphis, TN

Great Customer Service! The young lady gave me tips and shared that I had more than I expected. That was great to help me to consolidate my bills.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Shari, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Brian Elliston, VA

Easy, high interest though. If you need some cash that you can pay back quickly though it’s worth it. High interest so if you don’t pay it off fast, you’ll pay back more than it’s worth.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Brian, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Elaine Asbury Charlotte, NC

People friendly and very professional. The office was very clean, the atmosphere was pleasant, and I was very comfortable as I entered into the building. My information was gathered and received in a timely matter. I felt like a person and not like a number I am very pleased with your service.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Elaine, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jun. 29th, 2021

WANDA L WHITE Winston-Salem, NC

They are so personal & so caring. Very professional. I've been with them several years and they have always did nothing less than bringing smiles to my face & that personal caring feeling to my soul. THANK YOU, REGINIONAL FINANCE FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL YEARS! SALUTE!!

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Wanda, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Steven Davis Ridge Spring, SC

Brook, Jennifer and Mary at the Batesburg office have been so kind and extremely helpful in our loan process. They are very professional and know their job very well. They can answer any questions I have concerning my loan and keep me informed about my loan. I would not do business with anyone else and I would recommend them to anyone who asked me about getting a loan. They're the best!

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Steven, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Mark Posey Murfreesboro, TN

Everyone there is a pleasure to work with and service is always fast amd top notch

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Mark, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

KEVIN TEASDALE Opp, AL

Very helpful everything that was discussed and detailed information regarding the loan

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Kevin, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Ikechukwu George Ugbomah-Otunuya Martinsville, VA

They act professionally and pay attention to details. They look at various options to satisfy their customer's needs.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Ikechukwu, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Rodney wallman Independence, MO

They took are of everything. For me put everything down in black and white they showed me everything

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Rodney, thank you for your feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Robert Johnson Houston, TX

Your staff did a wonderful job of helping me through a cash flow problem.they are very polite and helpful

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Robert, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Raleigh S Barnes Jr Montgomery, AL

Fair and Service works well. Staff have been exceptional and outstanding in the way they treat the customer, me.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Raleigh, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Michelle Oklahoma City, OK

Regional finance took the time to research my financial needs and brought loan offer that helped my situation without breaking the bank

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Michelle, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Christina Barr Perryville, MO

They were great to work with. Really cared about helping me with my financial issues, trying to rebuild my credit and get out from under a high interest title loan.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Christina, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Gary Lindsay Gray Court, SC

Brittany Fernandes at the Lauren's SC office has been extremely efficient and honest about our business She is the reason this business gets 5 stars from us

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Gary, thank you for your feedback. We are proud of our team. We will make sure to pass along your compliments to the branch.

Cam Perrineau-Jones

cold calls to re-establish new business is for the most part good ( a 5 on 1-10 scale) as not pushy or rude but office staff is unprofessional and at times rude...seriously lack customer service vibe especially in being helpful or answering questions

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Cam, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are sorry that you did not receive the level of service you expected. Please contact our Customer Support Department by visiting our website so that we can discuss this matter in more detail.

Tammy Kay Morrow Oklahoma City, OK

My experience with RF has always been positive. Whether I needed to make payment arrangements or get a loan increase. They are very polite, professional and respectful.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Tammy, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jul. 21st, 2021

E Stafford, VA

Exceptional customer service. The ease of the application process is great. Also, a plus not having to wait days after the fact to receive the funds.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi E, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jul. 21st, 2021

Teresa M Greene Russellville, TN

The Manager Paul was very helpful in getting my loan worked up. This has been a hard year and a half and I had Bill's I needed to pay off and work to be done at the house and Regional made that possible.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Teresa, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Paige Roper Summerville, SC

Very good customer service! Shakira I hope I spelled it right! But she was prepared she was able to answer all my questions. She was patient with me and allowed me time to make sure I could make payments and on time.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Paige, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Carole pitt Yukon, OK

I gave them 5 stars because I don't ever have to even think about them unless I need something. :). It was an easy stress free experience. Aubrey is the best! She is friendly, fast and efficient

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Carole, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jun. 29th, 2021

Lockwood Ray Kannapolis, NC

My experience with Regional Finance was excellent. They were Professional, Knowledgeable, Friendly. Customer service was outstanding, They were transparent and left no gray areas. Ms. Yates put me at ease as well as making me feel important. Thanks for all you do.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Lockwood, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Ricco Williams Dallas, TX

A good experience and was nice and I will let people know about the company

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Ricco, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Mark Simmons Fayette, AL

Very nice and friendly experience with branch manager in Jasper,Al

Milton baker Charlotte, NC

Easy to talk to and they explain the terms so you can understand

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Milton, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Karess Charlotte, NC

They are professional and have outstanding customer service

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Karess, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jerry Carter Lynchburg, VA

Very speedy and professional. Did exactly what they said they would do

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Jerry, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Anthony D Vallone Williamstown, MA

Very good company with excellent employees, just wanted to say thank you

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Anthony, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

JL Hendersonville, NC

Good customer service. Attention to each customer's needs. Local attention.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi JL, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Angela Pacheco El Paso, TX

The experience I had at Regional finance was that they were very Helpful and quick

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Angela, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Marlon McCormick Lane, SC

For 9 years I could never get approved for ANY loan because of my credit and FINALLY one said yes!!

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Marlon, thank you for your feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Tammy Aiken, SC

Had the best costumer service I recommend other people to go get loans from Regional

Reply from Regional Finance

Tammy, thank you for your feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Victoria Emory Cowpens, SC

Very friendly and making payments online is easy for people like me who is not so tech savvy

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Victoria, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Carl Parsons Bessemer, AL

The staff makes your visit pleasant and they are there to help you to the best of their ability.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Carl, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

DEBRA L MIMS Clanton, AL

EASY PROCESS, FRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE, SHORT WAIT TIME FOR ANSWER AND FOR SIGNING DOCUMENTS

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Debra, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Gregory S Allenbaugh Ada, OK

I found the staff extremely well to work with. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Gregory, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Carol Gonzales Greenville, SC

This is the 3rd time doing a loan with them, They are very special. They have always been helpful when I needed them.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Carol, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Roberta A. Donnell Greensboro, NC

My experience with Regional Finance had been great. They are very professional and friendly, always willing to help you.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Roberta, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Wayne McDonald Jr Supply, NC

The store I deal with are very friendly people and easy to work with. My only problem was being told to sign for things that most places give you options if you want them or not. Now I'm repaying double the amount borrowed.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Wayne, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We take all customer concerns seriously. Please contact our Customer Support Department by visiting our website so that we can discuss this matter in more detail.