Best Company Guarantee Regional Finance Logo

Regional Finance

9.6

LAST UPDATED: January 18th, 2022

For over 30 years Regional Finance has been providing a personal loan product through its network of more than 350 locations in 13 states. Founded in South Carolina, Regional Finance has expanded its services and focuses especially on providing loan products to borrowers with less-than-perfect credit.

A Regional Finance personal loan can be used for a variety of purposes and loan amounts typically range from $500 to $12,000 and vary by state. The loan has fixed rates and fixed terms, which can be helpful in managing payments.

Continue reading for a full review of this personal loan company.

The Good

• Accepts Borrowers with Less-Than-Perfect Credit
  • Loans Typically Require Collateral
  • Co-Borrowers Accepted
  • Prequalify with No Impact to Your Credit Score
  • Loans for a Variety of Purposes
  • Reports to Two Main Credit Bureaus
  • No Application or Prepayment Penalty Fees
  • Online Account Management
  • Customer Service

Accepts Borrowers with Less-Than-Perfect Credit

Regional Finance seeks to serve and provide its personal loan product to borrowers with limited credit access. Loan rates and terms are assessed on an individual basis, and so if you have less-than-perfect credit, you could have a chance to qualify for a Regional Finance personal loan.

While Regional Finance could be a great choice for borrowers with less-than-perfect credit, if you have an excellent credit score (700+), you would likely be able to qualify for a personal loan with better rates and terms elsewhere.

Loans Typically Require Collateral

The Regional Finance personal loan requires collateral except in certain states.

The fact that Regional Finance typically requires collateral for a personal loan is indicative of its focus on lending to borrowers who may have limited credit access, since your credit score isn't the only thing that the company is relying on to ensure that you can make loan repayments.

Collateral should be in some form of personal property, such as a car, and it must be insured in case of loss or damage.

Co-Borrowers Accepted

You can apply for a Regional Finance personal loan with a co-borrower, meaning that you and another individual are both responsible for paying back your loan.

It is important to note that a co-borrower is different from a cosigner. With a co-borrower, both parties are responsible for paying back the loan, whereas a cosigner is only responsible for making payments if you are unable to do so for whatever reason.

Prequalify with No Impact to Your Credit Score

With Regional Finance you can easily prequalify for a personal loan. This process will not impact your credit score, but if you choose to move forward a hard credit check will be performed to complete the loan process, which is a standard practice in the industry.

Most lenders offer a pre-qualification option with no impact to your credit score, allowing you to easily compare loan options and see what would be best for you.

Loans for a Variety of Purposes

A Regional Finance personal loan can be used for a variety of purposes, such as debt consolidation, medical expenses, home repairs, or any other large expense. Your use of funds is flexible, which is a helpful offering if other expenses arise even after you apply for and receive your loan.

Some lenders, such as LightStream, have very strict loan purpose guidelines, requiring borrowers to use their funds only for what they outlined in their application, but this is not the case with Regional Finance.

Reports to Two Main Credit Bureaus

Regional Finance reports monthly to Equifax and TransUnion. This is good news, especially for borrowers who may be trying to monitor their credit. That being said, make sure that you make consistent on-time payments on your loan, as this activity will be reported to these credit bureaus and could either really help or really hurt your credit score.

No Application or Prepayment Penalty Fees

Applying for a Regional Finance personal loan is cost-free, and you can also pay off your loan early without penalty, which could save you money in interest.

Online Account Management

Once you are approved for your personal loan, you can easily access your loan information online by setting up a Regional Finance account. Through your account you will be able to schedule and make payments, set up AutoPay, and update your contact information.

To create an account you must have a specific Regional Finance account number which can be found on your loan contract, in your welcome letter/email, on payment receipts, or by contacting your local branch. Without this number you won't be able to create your online account.

Regional Finance prides itself on offering a personalized loan experience by providing excellent customer service. If you ever have any questions or concerns, you can easily contact a Regional Finance representative by phone or email, or you can stop by a branch to speak with a loan officer about your financial information and loan details.

The Bad

• Only Available in 13 States
  • Low Maximum Loan Amount
  • Undisclosed Rates

Only Available in 13 States

Regional Finance is only licensed in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Illinois
  • Utah

Unfortunately, if you don't reside in any of these states, the Regional Finance personal loan product will not be available to you.

Low Maximum Loan Amount

Regional Finance offers loans from $600 to $10,000, or even up to $12,000 in some states. This is a fairly low maximum loan amount compared to other lenders that may offer up to $100,000. However, most companies that lend to borrowers with less-than-perfect offer lower loan amounts.

Undisclosed Rates

Exact rates and loan terms are not disclosed on the Regional Finance website. While you will receive this information based on your personal information through prequalification, it can be helpful to see an interest rate range up front so you can have some idea of what to expect.

While rates are not outlined online, they are provided at some in-branch locations in certain states, such as Alabama.

Since Regional Finance lends to borrowers with less-than-perfect credit, it is likely that interest rates will be higher than you may see elsewhere.

The Bottom Line

If you have limited credit access, a Regional Finance personal loan could be a great choice for you.

That being said, if you have high and/or excellent credit (700+), you may want to look into other lending options since Regional Finance's rates will likely be higher than what you could qualify for elsewhere. In addition, if you are in need of a large loan amount, then you will need to look into other lenders since Regional Finance only offers loans up to $10,000 ($12,000 in some states).

Based on what we've seen, we would recommend Regional Finance, particularly if you have less-than-perfect credit.

If you have borrowed from Regional Finance, please tell us about your experience by leaving a review.

View Best Personal Loan Companies

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.8

Lavon Talbert Kings Mountain, NC

First allow me to say I have been a repeat customer for many years, and I absolutely love the wonderful, friendly staff at Gastonia, NC location. Although this refinance loan was prepared by a new employee it took about the same length of time as when one of your seasoned loan officers does my refinance loan, I feel the length of time for a refinance loan process is very long. As the COVID-19 virus continues to run rampant I feel any thing you could do to limit face to face contact with customers could definitely protect customers and employees so the following statement is just a suggestion. I have a loan with a different company where their procedure allows customer to call to request refinance and if approved forms are sent via email/text to customer then once forms are signed and company receives forms with required signatures loan amount is sent via automatic deposit into customer's account or debit card. This procedure is so much faster and protects everyone at the same time. Thank you for your time and the opportunity to share my experience with my local Regional Finance office.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Lavon, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Eric Williams Spring, TX

The customer service is of quality and impeccable standard. I appreciate the insightful and supportive assistance in which the company showed towards my financial needs. Also, the payment arrangement on the loan is very reasonable. The monthly payments are extremely reasonable which enables for double or triple payments to pay-off the loan sooner. Eligibility for higher loan approval is possible.

Reply from Regional Finance

H Eric, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Adeline Houston, TX

The experience wasn't bad, but the interest rates on these types loan are a bit much. Seems to be geared towards people in need to further keep them in debt. Yes, I know I took advantage of the opportunity, but only because I was in need.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Adeline, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Christine Kling Oklahoma City, OK

Their follow up is fantastic. Sara T called me 3 times I think it was to see if I wanted to move forward with my loan. it had been over a week and I had not heard from them and then I received a call from her to see if I still needed the loan. I called in after that to tell her yes but she was busy one of her girls took my message but Sara never got it three days later she called me to see if I was still interested. Her follow up is great I would recommend to anyone

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Christine, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Dec. 20th, 2021

Ana Del Rio, TX

Wasn't given a choice about autopay would of preferred to pay in person. It's easier to keep track of my bills. But I did like they gave me an option to break down my payments into two instead monthly.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Ana, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jennifer Fort Worth, TX

I have been with Regional off and on for over 7 years. They are always super friendly and happy to help. They get my loan handled quickly and are always there if I need assistance with any problem

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Shequana Asheboro, NC

They are always nice and very helpful, when you pay on your loan each month on time then your credit will go up. If you are a little behind then you let them know and they will work with you on a plan that fits your needs

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Shequana, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Mario Aguilar-hernandez Twin Falls, ID

Very fast application. Can get a new loan right away after paying off old if you need it. Best part though is that if you pay a little extra if they update your payments to show how much that impacts which makes me feel awesome seeing that I knocked off my 2 last payments by paying extra that day.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Mario, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

THOMAS E STEHNACH Haymarket, VA

Excellent & Friendly Customer Service. i was treated with the utmost courtesy and respect. Originally opened our loan at the Centerville branch, and now go to the Manassas branch for the same friendly smiles. Thank You Regional Finance!

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Thomas, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Willie B Polk Jr Charlotte, NC

Only problem I got is being a long term customer you have to always come up with different collateral each time you refinance your loan, as a company and customer relationship there should be trust after a few years, 4 copy of your check stubs, why can't it just be the last two, bill statement received in the mail, I actually go paperless on everything so it's hard to show that. Overall the company is ok.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Willie, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Savannah Schaefer Charleston, SC

Kendall was amazing from the first phone call on. She was very informative of all insurances and gave great details regarding my loan and process.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Savannah, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

April Peoples Salisbury, NC

Very attentive and informative. Made me feel like I was top priority and they would do everything in their power to get me approved.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi April, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

MAGGIE BATTEN Newport News, VA

THE FIRST SIT DOWN LOAN TIL NOW HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL, POSITIVE AND A PLAN JUST FOR ME TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH, I'M SO GLAD I MET REGIONAL.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Maggie, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jose f torres Nurillo, TX

Very easy and very helpful and fast and the people there are very understanding and very polite and they guided me through the process

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Jose, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Mary Mack Williamston, SC

i`ve been with the company for a lot of years and if i have a problem the will help as long as you keep the lines of communication open and the are nice

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Mary, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Kathy Y Purser Calhoun Falls, SC

They are a good business people. They are friendly and knowledgeable treat people the way they should be treated. I love doing g business with Rgoional

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Kathy, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Brian Richardson Nashville, NC

Regional Finance has helped me multiple times with loans and everyone has always been knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. I would have liked to seen a lower interest rate offered this time, especially since I never missed a payment, but would definitely recommend them

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Brian, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Rod and Lori Herron Dewey, OK

The Boys have been absolutely the best to my husband and I through out the many years we have utilized Regional Finance in Bartlesville. So here is a huge Thank you to them and we appreciate you two immensely!

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Rod and Lori, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Dec. 20th, 2021

Timothy Jones Cuero, TX

Everyone was friendly,knowledgeable and willing to go that extra mile to help me. My credit is not the best but they made it happen. I have recommended them to all my friends.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Timothy, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jasmine Mata Clint, TX

Since I started working with Regional Finance it's been nothing but great. I went in with my needs they were able to exceed my expectations. They make the process easy.The payments are reasonable.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Jasmine, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Marcellus Bobo Memphis, TN

Chasity and her representatives are go getters they respond to the client's needs with profession. They treat the clients with the up most respect and they answer all your questions and concerns.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Marcellus, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Hadji Hicks Sr Georgetown, SC

It was very easy to refinance you guys reached out to me which is always a plus let me know I'm considering doing something right I just love the way you handle me it was like a family oriented area thank you

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Hadji, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Dec. 1st, 2021

Oscar Melendez Fort Worth, TX

Great Service and Professional Team. They welcome you in with a great positive attitude, great management. I would recommend any one that needs a loan from Regional Finance. Thank You for the help!

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Oscar, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Nov. 30th, 2021

Jane Russell Birmingham, AL

The palisades branch staff are the most beautiful people I have encountered. They are angels on earth. Mrs. Alicia heard my problem and went on to help me. The ladies at the branch know you by your name when you walk in or call on the telephone. They are best at what they do. I appreciate them.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Jane, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Glenn Kincaid Columbia, SC

Personal in office makes transacting business with ease listen to ur needs thanks

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Glenn, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Amanda gatrel Janesville, WI

The woman I had talked to was very friendly and knowledgeable. Was ablwle to help immediately.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Amanda, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Tasheka Lovett Jacksonville, AL

Very nice people, who goes above and beyond to help you with your financial needs

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Tasheka, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Kimbo Gore Brown Longs, SC

Customer service was great and even though it is loan that have to be repaid they helped me out in my time of need

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Kimbo, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jennifer Dawn Tompkins Fredericksburg, VA

They were very friendly and helpful and understanding I would let anyone know about them if they need a loan

Ivan Moreno Concord, NC

Efficient and professional. She was able to get me approved same day and even stayed a little later to meet me.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Ivan, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

DeForest Rutledge Killeen, TX

Took great care of me and they helped me get rid of my debt. I appreciate what they did for me and possibly in the near future

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi DeForest, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

William Hodges Apex, NC

Kind courteous and helpful. They were helpful with suggestions on best way to be lower my debt. They got me in and out in less than an hour.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi William, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Deborah Savell Espanola, NM

Affordable monthly payments. I can always get my $500 loan, can afford the monthly payments, & can afford to pay it off early with no consequences.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Deborah, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

David Z Waynesboro, VA

Everything was great. You are even willing to work with a borrower if we have trouble making a payment. Of course keeping the lines of communication open is key!!

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi David, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Lawrence C Minarovic Austin, TX

They are very understanding and will work through any situation you may have come up to lighten your load until you get back on track.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Lawrence, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Rudy Betancourt El Paso, TX

Very helpful. It was convenient because i was able to do everything on line and with help from the representatives @ the office.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Rudy, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Teknika Johnson Lubbock, TX

The staff was amazing! They greeted me as soon as I entered the building, and continue to check on me until it was my turn. The are so warm and inviting.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Teknika, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Noelia sauceda Houston, TX

It's the best because it's easy and people are very helpful and friendly are use y'all because you're number one in my heart and helps me out when I really need it thank you

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Noelia, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

David Jacquez El Paso, TX

Very ease to work with . Jessica is very helpful and patient. Once this loan is complete. I would like to working with Jessica in the future. Thank for all the help.

Eddie Stegall Raleigh, NC

They were fast efficient and courteous I had a good representative who knew exactly what I needed and was very precise and letting me know how to proceed

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Eddie, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Rene Pleasanton, TX

They were quick to respond to my needs. Tiffany was very helpful in making sure. I understood the rates, payments and risks involved in getting the loan

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Rene, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Elia Garcia Priestley Pleasanton, TX

I wasn't expecting a over 600.00 loan I was expecting a over 300.00 loan. But it helped me a lot don't need to make my payment till January of next year.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Elia, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Whitney Sienko Carthage, TX

They've been great so far, better apr than most loam companies and everyone seems to be friendly when I speak with someone on the phone or through email.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Whitney, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Eddie walsh Memphis, TN

It was fast and easy. The only issue i had was your company approved me for an amount then when it was time to come and do the paperwork it had changed.

Nov. 30th, 2021

Pamela Orozco Wichita Falls, TX

I love my local Regional Finance! Morgan is amazing she's friendly and thoughtful. The other girls in the office are great as well. After finding Regional Finance I have no need to go anywhere else!

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Pamela, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Charlene Miles Kenley West Columbia, SC

Very Friendly and try to expedite the process as fast as possible but there are hoops that they have to go through at the end for co workers having to sign off. I know it is for security reasons but should be done before customer gets there.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Charlene, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Abby Mackie Cushing, OK

For one thing they try to give you what you want. Their friendly and they got out of their way, to get to know you. This is my experience with each time I can get help from them

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Abby, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Nov. 3rd, 2021

Bea Moore Evans, GA

They are professional yet just sweet enough to make you feel like your needs count to them. They made sure I not o it got the money I needed but let me know how to get the best interest rate. There is also never a penalty for early payoff. I definitely recommend going to them for all of your immediate loan needs.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Bea, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Oct. 12th, 2021

Lloyd Cullen Charlotte, NC

These folks CARE and LISTEN ! Very easy process and Super Friendly Staff !

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Lloyd, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Raul castillo Chicago, IL

Great customer service. Clear well informed about all aspects.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Raul, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.