Best Company Guarantee Regional Finance Logo

Regional Finance

9.1

LAST UPDATED: September 22nd, 2022

For over 30 years Regional Finance has been providing a personal loan product through its network of more than 350 locations in 14 states. Founded in South Carolina, Regional Finance has expanded its services and focuses especially on providing loan products to borrowers with less-than-perfect credit.

A Regional Finance personal loan can be used for a variety of purposes and loan amounts typically range from $500 to $12,000 and vary by state. The loan has fixed rates and fixed terms, which can be helpful in managing payments.

Continue reading for a full review of this personal loan company.

Video Customer Reviews

Jessie Montonya Customer Review Video About Regional Finance

Jessie Montonya

Willie faye Greer Customer Review Video About Regional Finance

Willie faye Greer

The Good

• Accepts Borrowers with Less-Than-Perfect Credit
  • Loans Typically Require Collateral
  • Co-Borrowers Accepted
  • Prequalify with No Impact to Your Credit Score
  • Loans for a Variety of Purposes
  • Reports to Two Main Credit Bureaus
  • No Application or Prepayment Penalty Fees
  • Online Account Management
  • Customer Service

Accepts Borrowers with Less-Than-Perfect Credit

Regional Finance seeks to serve and provide its personal loan product to borrowers with limited credit access. Loan rates and terms are assessed on an individual basis, and so if you have less-than-perfect credit, you could have a chance to qualify for a Regional Finance personal loan.

While Regional Finance could be a great choice for borrowers with less-than-perfect credit, if you have an excellent credit score (700+), you would likely be able to qualify for a personal loan with better rates and terms elsewhere.

Loans Typically Require Collateral

The Regional Finance personal loan requires collateral except in certain states.

The fact that Regional Finance typically requires collateral for a personal loan is indicative of its focus on lending to borrowers who may have limited credit access, since your credit score isn't the only thing that the company is relying on to ensure that you can make loan repayments.

Collateral should be in some form of personal property, such as a car, and it must be insured in case of loss or damage.

Co-Borrowers Accepted

You can apply for a Regional Finance personal loan with a co-borrower, meaning that you and another individual are both responsible for paying back your loan.

It is important to note that a co-borrower is different from a cosigner. With a co-borrower, both parties are responsible for paying back the loan, whereas a cosigner is only responsible for making payments if you are unable to do so for whatever reason.

Prequalify with No Impact to Your Credit Score

With Regional Finance you can easily prequalify for a personal loan. This process will not impact your credit score, but if you choose to move forward a hard credit check will be performed to complete the loan process, which is a standard practice in the industry.

Most lenders offer a pre-qualification option with no impact to your credit score, allowing you to easily compare loan options and see what would be best for you.

Loans for a Variety of Purposes

A Regional Finance personal loan can be used for a variety of purposes, such as debt consolidation, medical expenses, home repairs, or any other large expense. Your use of funds is flexible, which is a helpful offering if other expenses arise even after you apply for and receive your loan.

Some lenders, such as LightStream, have very strict loan purpose guidelines, requiring borrowers to use their funds only for what they outlined in their application, but this is not the case with Regional Finance.

Reports to Two Main Credit Bureaus

Regional Finance reports monthly to Equifax and TransUnion. This is good news, especially for borrowers who may be trying to monitor their credit. That being said, make sure that you make consistent on-time payments on your loan, as this activity will be reported to these credit bureaus and could either really help or really hurt your credit score.

No Application or Prepayment Penalty Fees

Applying for a Regional Finance personal loan is cost-free, and you can also pay off your loan early without penalty, which could save you money in interest.

Online Account Management

Once you are approved for your personal loan, you can easily access your loan information online by setting up a Regional Finance account. Through your account you will be able to schedule and make payments, set up AutoPay, and update your contact information.

To create an account you must have a specific Regional Finance account number which can be found on your loan contract, in your welcome letter/email, on payment receipts, or by contacting your local branch. Without this number you won't be able to create your online account.

Regional Finance prides itself on offering a personalized loan experience by providing excellent customer service. If you ever have any questions or concerns, you can easily contact a Regional Finance representative by phone or email, or you can stop by a branch to speak with a loan officer about your financial information and loan details.

The Bad

• Only Available in 14 States
  • Low Maximum Loan Amount
  • Undisclosed Rates

Only Available in 14 States

Regional Finance is only licensed in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Wisconsin
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Utah

Unfortunately, if you don't reside in any of these states, the Regional Finance personal loan product will not be available to you.

Low Maximum Loan Amount

Regional Finance offers loans from $600 to $10,000, or even up to $12,000 in some states. This is a fairly low maximum loan amount compared to other lenders that may offer up to $100,000. However, most companies that lend to borrowers with less-than-perfect offer lower loan amounts.

Undisclosed Rates

Exact rates and loan terms are not disclosed on the Regional Finance website. While you will receive this information based on your personal information through prequalification, it can be helpful to see an interest rate range up front so you can have some idea of what to expect.

While rates are not outlined online, they are provided at some in-branch locations in certain states, such as Alabama.

Since Regional Finance lends to borrowers with less-than-perfect credit, it is likely that interest rates will be higher than you may see elsewhere.

The Bottom Line

If you have limited credit access, a Regional Finance personal loan could be a great choice for you.

That being said, if you have high and/or excellent credit (700+), you may want to look into other lending options since Regional Finance's rates will likely be higher than what you could qualify for elsewhere. In addition, if you are in need of a large loan amount, then you will need to look into other lenders since Regional Finance only offers loans up to $10,000 ($12,000 in some states).

Based on what we've seen, we would recommend Regional Finance, particularly if you have less-than-perfect credit.

If you have borrowed from Regional Finance, please tell us about your experience by leaving a review.

View Best Personal Loan Companies

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.8

Daniel Austin, TX

I was happy with the service provided. As I recall the company was flexible with the dates my payments could be made. The monthly payments were reasonable for the personal loan amount. Both of these circumstances allowed my decision to proceed with Regional Finance.

William Stanley Rural Hall, NC

After many years of service, Regional has shown that are willing to help fulfill our financial needs.

Ramon T Arredondo Jr Quail, TX

They are very friendly n professional . The clerk was punctual and she completed my loan in a very timely manner . She was very accurate

Marcelino Rico Grand Prairie, TX

When applying for the loan they denied but received a loan check in the mail, two weeks later which was awesome but a waste by me going somewhere else and paying the interest with them.

Kevin Kidd Wichita Falls, TX

Love dealing with the ladies. They are always helpful and always a joy to talk to.

Gary Ricks Chattanooga, TN

It's informative. They have updated their online platform to make it more of a user experience

Myrna J Pino San Ysidro, NM

Very friendly they work with you and find you the best loan that works for you . Regional Finance really came thru for me when i really needed help and i'm happy that they were able to help me out .

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Myrna, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Aug. 3rd, 2022

Richard Gonzales San Antonio, TX

They provide excellent customer services. I am always greeted with a smile and they have provided quick service. Is am always treated me with with respect and seem to take pride in doing their job. It is always a pleasure to doing business with your entire staff.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Richard, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jun. 15th, 2022

Susan Dyer Tuscaloosa, AL

They are easy to work with and the staff is both friendly and professional.

Barbara McKenzie Florence, SC

Good customer service . Quick approve. I got the cash I need.

Carlos Ybarra Robstown, TX

You surprise me with offers when I least expect them. Thank you.

Tiffani Stewart Forest City, NC

Great customer servicefriendly staff and very helpful in helping us get in our feet

JOSE SANCHEZ Lubbock, TX

Crystal at Regional Finance on 50th Street is amazing very kind very positive and professional. She explained everything to me she broke everything down to me and when I thought that I was going to be turned down by her Regional Finance she brought me hope and her hope has helped me make it through. Going through a divorce alone no car no family Chris W Regional Finance made me feel like I was part of the Regional Finance family. By the grace give it to me I am now able to get to work during this cold season no more walking no more crying because I'm not making it Regional Finance lend me the amount I need it in order to move forward and for that I am thankful thank you Regional Finance

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Jose, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Amy McDonald Mineral Wells, TX

You are always there when I need you with no haste you make the process easy throughout the insurance of my loan.Hope to pay you off soon

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Amy, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Sep. 14th, 2022

Ashlee Ellis San Antonio, TX

Beyond exceptional, from day one every person I spoke with was very honest, informative and ensured all of my questions were answered.

Neal Waxahachie, TX

Sara was professional, answered all our questions and provided insightful info on how to request/qualify in the future

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Neal, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Aug. 9th, 2022

Sarah Anderson Bartlesville, OK

Stephen and Jordan are always friendly, professional and I feel like I am dealing with a reputable company. I also like that I can have a direct pay setup on the days I prefer.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Sarah, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Jun. 27th, 2022

Candy Carrera New Braunfels, TX

Great customer service and help when needed.

Milshinta willis Silsbee, TX

Great salesperson that made things happen

Melvin Scott Wilson Trinity, TX

Loan approval was quick, online payment options were convenient.

Anita Benally Thoreau, NM

"ELAINE" was very helpful and professional. She went above and beyond in helping me to refinance my loan. She made sure I understood what I was signing and explained each document. She put everything aside just to help me. She made me feel good because I was not having a good day. I am a customer for over 5 years.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Anita, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Stephen Castro Gastonia, NC

They give you fast and good loans. The loans are not hard to get and they let you borrow substantial amount of money to which can give you the ability to confidante and have some money to get urgent products or service you may be in need because unpredictable circumstances like car breaking down.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Stephen, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Lavette Garrett Saint Louis, MO

Customer service!!!!!!, Listen willing to help, made sure I had everything that was needed, went over everything with me. Made sure I understood, the contact, and gave me a card to call if I needed anything are had questions

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Lavette, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Almeta N Sims Chicago, IL

Regional Finance has a good team with friendly personalities and a high level of professionalism. The loan process was swift, easy, and convenient. However, I have a good credit and Fico score but, the interest rate of 35% which is extremely high, doesn't reflect that and is the biggest drawback for this company towards a customer with exceptional credit and good payment history.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Almeta, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Tierra Jones Garner, NC

Regional Finance made applying and receiving the funds very easy.

Lavon Talbert Kings Mountain, NC

First allow me to say I have been a repeat customer for many years, and I absolutely love the wonderful, friendly staff at Gastonia, NC location. Although this refinance loan was prepared by a new employee it took about the same length of time as when one of your seasoned loan officers does my refinance loan, I feel the length of time for a refinance loan process is very long. As the COVID-19 virus continues to run rampant I feel any thing you could do to limit face to face contact with customers could definitely protect customers and employees so the following statement is just a suggestion. I have a loan with a different company where their procedure allows customer to call to request refinance and if approved forms are sent via email/text to customer then once forms are signed and company receives forms with required signatures loan amount is sent via automatic deposit into customer's account or debit card. This procedure is so much faster and protects everyone at the same time. Thank you for your time and the opportunity to share my experience with my local Regional Finance office.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Lavon, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Jan. 13th, 2022

Donna M Weaver Durham, NC

Been with them for years. Renewal always easy and fast. I'm really a satisfied customer

William Stevens Texas City, TX

Very thoughtful and personal staff an awesome staff that is extremely efficient.

Monique Camp Birmingham, AL

The staff is always professional and courteous. They also take the time to explain every aspect of the financial agreement.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Monique, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Aug. 3rd, 2022

Neicie Chatman Houston, TX

Whenever I'm in a financial emergency, I can depend on Regional Finance to help me with the cash that is needed at the time. However, I make my monthly payments aon time there is always cash available.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Neicie, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

May. 23rd, 2022

Alex D. Wall Lancaster, TX

Regional Finance has helped me thru some troubled times when I needed financial assistance and the entire staff there is so pleasant and friendly. I truly Thank God for Regional Finance..

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Alex, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Apr. 27th, 2022

Ernest Munoz Dallas, TX

My loan process took more than an hour no paper work was ready I'm not a first time customer asked for a higher loan but was only allowed half of what I needed maybe your qualifications standards are higher but I only ask for what I need

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Ernest, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us to know what we are doing right and to identify areas where we can improve. Thank you!

Nathan Stewart jr

They are very good at there job and they take the time to help you through the whole process they are really nice people to have help you when you need help I have a lot respect for them

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

VERNON D SHERWOOD Aztec, NM

Always polite and good listner. Answered all my qustions

I have been receiving emails from here and have NO ACCOUNT WITH YOU!!! I have tried to contact for years please REMOVE MEEEE

Rosie Ewing Houston, TX

The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. My loan was processed very quickly. They occasionally send loan opportunities to me. I don't feel harassed when I get the loan checks in the mail because there is not a heavy sales pitch attached. I either want the loan or not. No one calls or tries to push the loans on me.

Rose Tally East Saint Louis, IL

I received a check for $1400.00 in the mail stating that I was looking for a loan just sign the check and deposit is my checking account. I did call first because I did not believe the check was real, it had the payment date information already included. The staff there are very nice and work very well with you if you have any problems.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Rose, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Mar. 15th, 2022

Diane Mclean Ellerbe, NC

When I first moved there I did not have any problem communicating and getting things done that I needed and they financed it and they're just special people they need they need to help people when they have a situation that they can't figure out Steele they help you get what you need OK where are you to recommend yes

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Diane, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Mar. 15th, 2022

Tim Knapp Oklahoma City, OK

They are never rude when I walk in. They keep me updated on my account. They do their very best to get the amount and coverage u need and never push to barrow the max available. They help credit increase with reported payment. Thank you for trying so hard to keep me and others pleased.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Tim, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Aggie Medrano Roswell, NM

Manager at Roswell office were super friendly. They made me feel very comfortable when I would go in, greeted me by my name and if they were busy, they acknowledged my presence by smiling and asking me to have a seat and I would be helped soon.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Aggie, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Connie Knight Broken Arrow, OK

I have had loans with them for years and they are always helpful and kind

Andres Mendez Odessa, TX

Really good they help me when I need it. Is simply and easy

Excelent work team. Immediate alternatives to manage and solve the request

Earnestine Adams Clayton, NC

I rated it this way because it was so easy to apply and get approved.

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Earnestine, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Sep. 6th, 2022

Amy Kennon Reidsville, NC

Friendly experience well knowledge and stayed within my ability's

Sep. 6th, 2022

Eric Williams Spring, TX

The customer service is of quality and impeccable standard. I appreciate the insightful and supportive assistance in which the company showed towards my financial needs. Also, the payment arrangement on the loan is very reasonable. The monthly payments are extremely reasonable which enables for double or triple payments to pay-off the loan sooner. Eligibility for higher loan approval is possible.

Reply from Regional Finance

H Eric, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Dec. 30th, 2021

Christine Kling Oklahoma City, OK

Their follow up is fantastic. Sara T called me 3 times I think it was to see if I wanted to move forward with my loan. it had been over a week and I had not heard from them and then I received a call from her to see if I still needed the loan. I called in after that to tell her yes but she was busy one of her girls took my message but Sara never got it three days later she called me to see if I was still interested. Her follow up is great I would recommend to anyone

Reply from Regional Finance

Hi Christine, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Dec. 20th, 2021

Gwendolyn Boatwright Richmond, VA

They have always considered my needs and worked to get me the best deal they can

Laura Turner Harker Heights, TX

The ease of acquiring a loan is very convenient plus the staff is very patient and friendly.

J Smith Houston, TX

I had a bad experience with Regional Finance in League City, TX. First one employee took all of my information over the phone. When it had been over a week without hearing from her, I called and was told she was on vacation. There was silence on the phone until I had to ask if someone else could help me. The next lady reluctantly agreed, and I gave her all of my information again plus upload documents. I was turned down even though my credit is not that bad and the loan amount was small. I was OK with their decision but disappointed at all the trouble I went through.