Best Company Guarantee NewSmile Logo

NewSmile

7.6

Based in Canada with an office in the United States, NewSmile is an invisible braces provider that corrects patients’ smiles through clear, plastic teeth aligners as an alternative to traditional braces. Invisible braces are an affordable, low hassle, less noticeable alternative to metal braces as an orthodontic treatment . NewSmile offers both an upfront cost and a monthly payment plan. All treatments also come with premium whitening foam for a complete smile makeover. The NewSmile aligner treatment is completed at home without any appointments with an orthodontist, though the entire process is supervised by orthodontists and dentists remotely. Treatments are available in Canada, the United States, and Hong Kong.

Special Offer
NewSmile is currently offering
the following special promotion:
  • $100 off for American Customers
  • $200 off for Canadian Customers

To redeem this offer, click the "Visit Site" button
and use promo code "BESTDEAL"

Patients can use HSA and FSA to cover the cost of the treatment in the form of reimbursements. Patients will have to check their policy to see if cosmetic dentistry or beauty and health are covered in their plan. If so, NewSmile can provide a detailed receipt that can be sent to the insurance company with a claim.

Go directly to NewSmile reviews

Video Customer Reviews

Alexandra Pegues Customer Review Video About NewSmile

Alexandra Pegues

Caroline Barnes Customer Review Video About NewSmile

Caroline Barnes

The Good

• Average Treatment Time
  • Impression Specialists
  • Risk-Free Impression Kit
  • Low Upfront Cost
  • Free Set of Retainers
  • Smile Guarantee

Average Treatment Time

NewSmile’s average treatment time is 4–6 months. Though some treatments may take shorter and some may take up to a year, the average time is about on par with other invisible aligner companies. This average treatment time isn’t the shortest, but it’s on the average to quicker side in the industry.

As with other types of dental treatment, each case is individual and largely depends on how well the patient wears their NewSmile aligners. It’s recommended to wear the clear aligners at least 22 hours a day and only take them out for eating and drinking beverages other than water. Doing this will give the quickest treatment time possible. Additionally, patients should brush their teeth before putting their aligners back in to keep them clean and aid in overall dental health.

NewSmile also offers Night Aligners which, if worn for 10 continuous hours at night, average an 8-10 month treatment time.

Impression Specialists

Many customers complain that the impression kits used to create initial impressions of a patient’s teeth are difficult to use. NewSmile has patients schedule a video call with an impression specialist when they use the impression kit to help patients and make sure they’re using the kit correctly.

The impression kit consists of putty, two trays, and a smile stretcher. Patients need to mix up the putty and put it into the trays evenly to ensure a good impression. Using the smile stretcher can feel awkward, but shouldn’t be painful. Having a video call with a specialist can help make sure all steps required are done properly and that the impressions are precise.

Risk-Free Impression Kit

NewSmile offers a risk free impression kit, meaning that anyone can try the impression kit and will get a full refund if they’re not a good candidate for a NewSmile treatment. Invisible braces can treat mild to moderate crowding or spacing as well as many different types of bite issues.

NewSmile offers a smile assessment on its website to also help customers determine if they’re a good fit for an invisible braces treatment. The assessment asks about a person’s teeth and bite, and asks for a photo of their teeth clenched together. Sending this assessment in can help customers determine if they should go forward with treatment or not. If still unsure, starting with the impression kit doesn’t hurt.

Many people can qualify for NewSmile’s clear aligner treatment. People with dental implants or missing teeth can also qualify. When talking with the impression specialist, customers should mention where their implant is or which tooth is missing. Customers will also have to remove any permanent retainers and discuss any dental bonding with their impression specialist.

Low Upfront Cost

For customers who want to pay the lowest price, the upfront cost is the way to go. The only downfall is that it has to be paid all at once. The upfront cost $1,195, which is one of the lowest upfront costs in the industry.  The entire cost includes an impression kit, treatment preview, all plastic aligners, a set of retainers, and whitening foam. NewSmile also offers periodic discounts on its website if customers share their email address.

If the upfront cost doesn’t work with a customer’s budget, NewSmile also offers a low monthly price of $84 paid with no interest over 12  months with a $295 deposit. This monthly payment is around the average monthly payment in the invisible braces industry, but most companies have contracts of 24 months instead of 12 months with NewSmile. The total cost with this method is $1,295, which is also one of the lowest costs in the industry.

Free Set of Retainers

After finishing the last set of invisible aligners, NewSmile provides a free set of retainers. These retainers are to be worn every night in order to prevent teeth from moving back to where they were. Many companies charge extra for a retainer after treatment, so having a set included in the overall low cost is a great benefit.

Smile Guarantee

In addition to a free set of retainers, NewSmile will also send additional aligners if customers aren't happy with their new smile. At the beginning of every treatment, customers will receive a preview of what their smile will look like after treatment. If a patient finds that their smile doesn't look like what their preview showed it would, NewSmile will work with them to fix it. As long as a patient followed their treatment instructions and wore the aligners correctly, NewSmile will send additional aligners at no cost to help each customer attain a beautiful smile.

The Bad

Down Payment Required

NewSmile's low monthly cost of $84 paid over 12 months is one of the lowest in the industry. Unfortunately customers can't have that price unless they pay a $295 deposit. Other invisible braces companies have lower deposit prices, but it's also important to note that NewSmile's monthly payment is extremely cheap in comparison to those same companies.

The Bottom Line

NewSmile offers one of the least expensive invisible braces treatments in the industry. The monthly cost is extremely inexpensive, though customers do have to pay a relatively high down payment price in order to get the monthly payment option. The company’s average treatment time is around the standard for the industry, but NewSmile also offers a set of retainers for free after a customer completes the treatment plan, which is a great value.

The company also has a video call system with impression specialists that can help potential customers correctly complete their impression kits. Customers can also contact the company if their new smile doesn't match their preview and they can receive additional aligners at no cost to attain their perfect smile. In the end, if you’re looking for straighter teeth, NewSmile seems like it could be a good fit for you.

Message from
NewSmile

NewSmile is helping those that want straighter teeth and a better smile for a 75% LESS cost than braces, without walk-in clinic appointments. Our innovative technology and services look to transform the lives of many people in remote areas who would desire straighter teeth at an affordable price — in North America and abroad.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.1

bookmark

Featured Review

Charlotte Duluth, MN

I have an amazing experience with the whole process even until I got my aligners. They keep updating you too.

Reply from NewSmile

We are happy to give you an amazing experience. Thank you for your feedback. :)

Jan. 13th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Deanna Rosa Bristol, CT

My appointment was with Angel and she was amazing. My lower jaw is oddly long and narrow but she was trying every thing possible to try and get the impressions as best as possible. She and everyone I have worked with at NewSmile have been amazing

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really care and want you to smile more! We are happy to be with you in your NewSmile Journey! :)

Jan. 15th, 2021

Victoria

The product took way too long for it come in. I thought I would speak to dentist or orthodontist about the procedure. Also they drop off all the aligner at once, so how are you suppose to know if it going right. My dentist said how important your bite is, so potentially you can mess up your bite and have a bigger problem, which I would not of thought of. I wouldn't recommend this product if you are doing major teeth adjustment.

20 hours ago

Reply from NewSmile

We are sorry to hear about your experience, Victoria. This is not the experience that we would like you to have. We treat mild to moderate cases and our goal is to send your custom-made aligners as soon as possible. We would love to look into your order and check what happened. Please send us an email at [email protected]!

Jun. 17th, 2021

Svitlana Skrypnyk

Took much longer to deliver than estimated dates. Once I recieved the aligners they did not fit me properly. I reached out to NewSmile and they just kept telling me to use my cheque and send pictures of how the next aligner set fit. I have been using the aligners for the last 2 months, on set 4 now and the aligners still don't properly sit on my teeth. My front tooth touch not touch the bottom of the aligners - it is very noticeable to me and to those around me that the aligner do not fit properly. Yet NewSmile has not advised me on anything but to keep using my chewy and sending pictures of the next set.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Svitlana. We are sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced. Yes, we will need photos and videos to further investigate the issue. We noticed that you were not able to reply to our email a month ago, please do reach out to us at [email protected]

Stephanie

The person that helped me was wonderful. She was very helpful. I have had a very positive experience working with them. I have noticed an improvement and I am really excited to see the results. I am happy with the quality. I hope they keep up the good, customizable work.

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear about your experience with us, Stephanie! We truly appreciate it. We are glad to be a part of your NewSmile Journey! :)

Dakotah Lange

My only issue with them is that they say a certain time frame and then they'll pass it by an extra 6 weeks. So it's a little disappointing on that front. I'm currently waiting for my retainers and whiting stuff and i'm hoping they'll be here in the next 3-4 weeks.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Dakotah. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our goal is to send your custom-made aligners as soon as possible. Your aligners are now in fabrication and we are doing our best to send them to you the soonest. Please send us an email at [email protected] if you have any questions or clarifications!

Bhavik

Overall I had a good experience. Their treatment did not work for me so I am just waiting on the refund. But their communication was reasonably clear and their customer service team was generally helpful. Just one feedback I'd have for them is that things moved very slowly and that's something that they should work on. But otherwise no complaints.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Bhavik. We are so sad to hear that the treatment did not work for you. We really appreciate your feedback. We treat mild to moderate cases and we are doing our best to send your custom-made aligners if you are a candidate as soon as possible. Please send us an email if you have any questions or clarifications about your refund.

Barbara Bacoor, CAV

The people that I have talked to are great. They are able to get back to might messages quickly. I also received everything including my aligners within the timeline that they said to me. I am on my 8th week now and I have seen a lot of improvement. I am so happy with my purchase.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Barbara! Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear about your experience with us. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions. :)

Jun. 15th, 2021

Brenda McNamara San Francisco, CA

The staffs are very knowledgeable and friendly. They assisted me throughout the whole process. It is very affordable as well. I am on my 2nd week of using the aligners and it is good so far! They also get back to my message quickly. Such a nice experience.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Brenda! Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you have a nice experience with us. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions. :)

Jun. 14th, 2021

Sharon

Everything I’ve used them for so far has worked well, especially the whitening foam. It has all gone according to schedule and when I reach out to them, they are quick to respond.

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear about your experience with us! Thank you so much for sharing it. We are always happy to assist. We are so glad to be a part of your NewSmile Journey. :)

Gabrielle

On my third set of aligners and so far they work like they are supposed to. None of them have broken or been uncomfortable. When I get responses from the company, they are very helpful but there have been a couple of times where we went or so without an answer.

Reply from NewSmile

We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with the aligners. Our goal is to make the process easier for customers like you! We are sorry for the delays, we will make sure to answer all your questions via email, send them over at [email protected]

Sandra

It took a long time to receive the aligner but that was the only thing I didn’t like. Customer support was good. If I emailed or called, there was someone there to help me. The product is good. There is no pain and I am comfortable with it.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and writing a review. We really appreciate it! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. :)

Mallory Forward

Very responsive and informative staff. It is a very long process to actually receive your aligners. I had to have a different impression kit shipped to me because the first trays weren't the right size.

Reply from NewSmile

We really appreciate your feedback, Mallory! We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our goal is to send your custom-made aligners as soon as possible. Please send us an email at [email protected] if you have any questions or clarifications!

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Samuel

Could be faster but overall I would still say it is good. As soon as I complained that I didn’t receive my product, they were quick to send me expedited delivery. It seems like it is working fine.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience. We really appreciate it.

May. 26th, 2021

It is good quality. There has been problems with the wait time being almost double what they told me. Getting in touch with customer service doesn’t take too long, they respond within two days to emails.

Reply from NewSmile

We really appreciate your feedback! Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions

Sweeta Yasar Calgary, AB

Hi guys, I would like to share my experience with you all! Last year I decided to go ahead Smile Lover (which is now NEW SMILE) they sent me the impression kit later on I received my treatment plan for the 1st couple of months everything went smooth and no issues then I started noticing that the aligners didn’t fit properly. 1 year and 2 month in to this treatment I didn’t achieve my goal (keep in mind that I was given wrong info from one of their former employee who’s no longer there plus I was not wearing my aligners long enough to see results plus my case is a bit more sever ) long story short I contacted New Smile kind of being skeptical that they won’t help because I’m well passed 1 year time line. I was totally wrong and I’m so so glad I took the initiative to contact them, believe it or not with 24 hours not only I received a response but they are also willing to help me out refinements 😊 The rep who contacted me was professional, knowledgeable, and very easy to understand. She explained everything in details also educated me on what may have caused the issues in the first place. I will receive my next course treatments shortly I’m super happy 😃 and will definitely recommend them to family and friends!!! I would give them 5+ start!

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We truly appreciate it. Please feel free to reach out any time. We are so happy to be a part of your NewSmile Journey! Keep Smiling. :)

May. 10th, 2021

Aisha Mass

The spout fits perfectly and I already see a big change since 3 months. I already reccomend it to my friends.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Aisha! We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your experience with us. Thank you so much for recommending. We really appreciate it. Feel free to email us if you have any questions. :)

Kimberla Bell Dallas, TX

I have had an uneasy experience so far. I have been waiting about 3 months to get my molds done to receive my trays. I'm hoping third time is the charm. Maybe a better questionnaire would help to avoid sending out the wrong tray sizes? Stay tuned to see my end results...

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Kimberla. We are so sorry to hear about your experience in making the impressions. We also appreciate your feedback and will let our team know about it. We usually send average trays to our customers. Can you please measure the size of your mouth and send it to [email protected]? Thank you!

Jun. 11th, 2021

Victoria

The person who helped me with my impressions was very thorough and kind and patient. The waiting period it longer than I expected but they are quick to respond when I email them.

Reply from NewSmile

We are glad that you are happy with the impression session! Our goal is to make the process easier for customers like you! We are sorry for the delays, we will make sure to answer all your questions via email, send it over at [email protected]

Delaney

Quality is great every time. It has been very consistent. Overall I’ve really enjoyed my experience with them. It is very quick and efficient.

Reply from NewSmile

We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us! Thank you. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. :)

Lauralie Beaulieu

It can be scary to make such a purchase on the internet, but you are very proffesional and available to answer our questions. Thank you.

Reply from NewSmile

Hi Lauralie! Thank you for trusting us! Our goal is to ALWAYS provide the best customer service possible and you deserve that. We are always one click away, let us know if you need help!

Lindsey Drover

I sent my impressions back 6 weeks ago and still have no got anything, not even my visual email. Seems to be taking way too long at this point. So my survey isn't accurate due to the fact I have nothing to base it on.

Reply from NewSmile

Hi Lindsey! Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the delays and I will follow up your order to our team. We will contact you and will keep you posted. Please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] We are always here to help!

Ann Hooper Arlington, TX

My experience with NewSmile is going great! I get quick responses to all of my emails. I received the impression kit and when I needed larger trays they arrived in the mail quickly. The agent who did the online impression appointment was thorough and patient. Everything is good so far. I can't wait to get the aligners!

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear that you have a nice experience with us, Ann. Thank you so much for sharing. Please feel free to email us any time if you have any questions. :)

Jun. 1st, 2021

Michelle Austin Mahwah, NJ

The impression kit arrived quickly and the New Smile Impression Session with Cloue was very professional, pleasant and I received great direction. Hopefully if all goes accordingly, I’ll be sent a final result image and treatment plan with liners! Cannot wait.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We really appreciate it. We are so happy to be a part of your NewSmile Journey. :)

May. 24th, 2021

Tammy Rome, GA

It was an ok experience. My jaw is small so I used the small, blue trays. Unfortunately there are no instructions how to decrease the putty mix so I used it all. It was too much in the tray and when I pressed down, globs of it were pushed out the back towards my throat. I couldn't breath (breathing thru my nose) so I used my fingers to move it on the outside of the tray. I was afraid that this would mess up the impressions but Sam felt the impressions came out ok. Regardless of how the impression session went, I am SO looking forward to being deemed a candidate for the aligners and So looking forward to having my bottom teeth straightened!!!

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Tammy. We really appreciate you sharing your experience. Please do feel free to email us if you have any concerns. Thank you!

Karina

All of the aligners have fit really well. The whitening foam works well. They haven’t cheaped out on their products.

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear that you like our products! We really appreciate it. Thank you! :)

Don

So far it’s been pretty good. I did come research on the plastics they are using, and it is quality plastic.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We really appreciate it! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. :)

Emiline

Like that it is New Smile is based in Canada and it is affordable. I’ve asked a lot of questions and all the answers have been timely.

Reply from NewSmile

We are always happy to assist! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it. :)

May. 26th, 2021

New Smile has come through but there has been a bunch of trouble getting it done. I have to wait for someone to call me back when I get in touch with customer service. They need better customer service people.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you for your feedback! While our business hours on the phone are from 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PST Mondays through Saturdays, you may reach us out via email at [email protected] We will make sure to get back to you within 24 hours. Please let us know if you have any questions or clarifications!

Victor

It's too still early to judge and it's only been my 4th week. Also, I've had issues with the length of time they shipped my aligners - it took them too long.

Reply from NewSmile

Hi Victor! Thank you for your feedback. We always make sure that your custom-made aligners will fit and will follow the treatment goal. Your impressions are very important for this process. Please contact us at [email protected] and we would love to assist you!

MZabelle Naples, FL

Loving my new aligners. It fits perfectly on my teeth! Kuddos to the processing team for a smooth and fast transaction and to the impression specialist who was very patient assisting me on how to do the impression!

Reply from NewSmile

We are so glad to hear about your experience! Thank you so much for taking the time and leave a review. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. :)

Olivia Hardy Olney, MD

NewSmile has the second-most affordable treatment kit on the market. They also run decent sales, too. To make things even better, NewSmile’s affordable price tag packs a lot of value: the kit includes your impression kit, all of your aligners, whitening, and one bottle of whitening. NewSmile offers both daytime and nighttime treatment. Even better: they offer both types for the same price. Other companies charge extra for nighttime treatment.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate your time. Please feel free to reach out any time if you have any questions. :)

Roberta Hall

I have paid for these liners since Dec 2020 and every couple of weeks I get a new email saying the aligners are 4-5 weeks away. I am VERY unstatisfied!!

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Roberta. We are sorry for the delays and miscommunication. Your aligners are almost done and we are just waiting for them to be shipped out. We will keep you posted once they're ready. Please send us an email at [email protected] if you have any questions or clarifications!

stephane galibois

the experience has been flawless so far and customer service excellent

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Stephane! We are so delighted to hear that you are happy with your experience with us. Thank you so much for leaving a feedback. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions. :)

Lucia

The foaming stuff is good for whitening and the aligners appear to be well made. The night guard good be better suited.

Reply from NewSmile

We really appreciate your feedback! Thank you so much for sharing it. :)

Amanda

I have been paying for it literally forever and I still don’t have it. I never got the product. I got my 3D scan in January and it is now May and I don’t have any anything. They say it is my fault.

Reply from NewSmile

We are sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the experience that we would like you to have. Please email us and we will look up your order number. We will DM you as soon as we can.

Katla

It's a scam. They take your money and never get back to you. Everything has been pushed back. They should focus more on communicating with their clients. It has been five months and I have not received it yet.

Trina

I like that they responded quickly when there was some confusion with the file and tried to be as helpful as possible.

Reply from NewSmile

We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Thank you! :)

May. 24th, 2021

Fatemeh

I was told I'll have full support through out my process, but I'm on my #6 alligners and they do not fit well. I'm in lots of pain and it's just back and forth emails. I can't even talk to their dentist. So disappointing.

Reply from NewSmile

Hi Fatemeh! Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry of what you have experienced. In most cases, pain or discomfort will occur when the aligners are first fitted and when aligner trays are changed, about every two weeks. For most, discomfort is minor and will subside within a few days, while others may feel discomfort throughout treatment. We are always here to help, please send us an email at [email protected] and one of our specialists will arrange a call for you.

Sabrina Trinh Toronto, ON

I appreciate NewSmile's customer service. They are helpful and professional. I cannot wait to get my treatment done. I believe the treatment will make me become more confident with my smile. Thank you, NewSmile!

Reply from NewSmile

Glad to hear you had great experience! We can't wait to see your results!

May. 10th, 2021

Ashley Gauvreau St. Catharines, ON

Amazing customer service! Very quick and extremely professional they really do care about their customers it shows from the beginning and during the process. Can't wait to receive my aligners and see my new smile!

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear about your experience with us, Ashley! We really appreciate it. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. :)

Rachel Kyles De Pere, WI

The team is wonderful to work with and very thorough with your treatment! I was nervous to take the steps to improve my smile, but have no regrets and am so happy that I started!

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We really appreciate it. We are so happy to be with you on your NewSmile Journey! :)

Alexandra Pegues Miami, FL

From the email contact in the beginning to the video call with Sam to guide me taking impressions, everything has been SO smooth. Fantastic customer service. I have yet to receive my aligners.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. :)

Apr. 22nd, 2021

Caroline Barnes Indianapolis, IN

Love the extra perks and great customer service! I felt really comfortable during the impression session. Overall great experience so far and I can’t wait to receive my treatment preview and aligners :)

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear about your experience with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. :)

Apr. 22nd, 2021

Chantel Anderson Brandon, MB

Would be nice if they sent a few extra putties to mould in the event a mistake is made. $50 for 2 putty trays is pretty steep. Not impressed.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Chantel. We are so sorry to hear about your experience and we really appreciate your feedback. I will let our team know about this. Please make sure to book an impression session with our specialists so we can assist you in making impressions. Feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Jun. 11th, 2021

Malti

I have waited months to get my product. Customer service is great, they are available but I would like it if they sent me emails to update me.

Reply from NewSmile

Hi Malti! Thank you for your feedback. We will continue working on our email updates for our customers as we are currently short-staffed due to the pandemic. Please send us an email at [email protected] if you have any questions or clarifications!

B

Very disorganized and poor communication. They didn’t answer their phone or email for the first three months. It is also uncomfortable.

M

Customer service is not good but the rest has been fine. The braces are comfortable and I think they are good.

Reply from NewSmile

We apologize for the experience that you had. We ensure to provide the best customer service and this feedback is a big help. Please send us your order number at [email protected] to further investigate.

Wendy

Every time I contact the company, they get right back to me. I like that it is local to Canada.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Wendy! We really appreciate it. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. :)

Dathan

everything was on point and the customer service was awesome

Reply from NewSmile

Wow! Thank you for your feedback, Dathan! Our goal is to always provide excellent customer service and to see your new smile! Please let us know if you need any help!