ScoreSense

ScoreSense Logo

ScoreSense

Identity protection for $39.95 per month

Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, ScoreSense is a membership-based identity protection service provided by One Technologies, L.P. The privately-held company offers credit monitoring services and identity protection at an affordable monthly rate.

The Good

• Comprehensive Credit Monitoring Services
  • Educational Resources
  • Identity Theft Reimbursement Insurance

Comprehensive Credit Monitoring Services

ScoreSense offers credit reports and scores from all three major credit bureaus, as well as credit monitoring with instant activity alerts. In addition, the company scans millions of public and private databases for suspicious activity.

Educational Resources

ScoreSense provides its members with access to educational resources through its dispute and learning centers. Members who use these resources receive valuable tips, learn how to protect sensitive information, and dispute fraudulent activity.

Identity Theft Reimbursement Insurance

ScoreSense provides its customers with up to $1 million in identity theft reimbursement insurance. This policy covers lost wages, legal costs, and other expenses related to identity restoration.

The Bad

• Credit Monitoring Limitations
  • No Fraud Resolution Services

Credit Monitoring Limitations

ScoreSense's ScoreTracker tool only features credit scores that were recently purchased. For updated information, members must pay an additional one-time fee or upgrade their account.

No Fraud Resolution Services

In the event of an identity theft attack, ScoreSense does not offer support from experienced fraud resolution specialists. Instead, identity theft victims must dispute claims on their own.

Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

ScoreSense is an identity protection company that offers credit monitoring services, identity theft insurance, and educational resources. However, the company does not offer fraud resolution services.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

Mary Farrow
May 14th, 2018 Wheeling, WV DETAILS

Terrible scam!!! Do not use!!! I was out of the country and requested to cancel less than 24 hours after my trial was up and they are refusing to refund!! Horrible business!!! Run!!

Josh
May 3rd, 2018 Zillah, WA

Flase Advertisement! I signed up and my wife signed up for the free credit score. Before the trial period ran out we called to cancel. Cancel both accounts. Following month my credit card gets charged $29.95. I called asked what the heck they thought they was doing charging me after i called to cancel. They said NO call was ever made to do such a thing. I said you guys are liar my Magic Jack phone record has all called inbound and out bound tracked and printed out on ledger and i can prove i called! The person on the other end choked up and said well lets make this right ill send you over to a specialist to get the money refunded and the account closed out. I went with there crap. Days later no money back. Called again and complained and this time threaten to take legal action. Finley they coughed up the refund. 2 Months goes by and keep in mind I canceled my wife account the same time and even verified it was canceled in my 3rd call to score sense. Tow months goes by they charge my wife $29.95 not once but twice in the same month. I find this out through my bank. I call and I am fuming angry. They claim they got no such call on both accounts. I am arguing with none stop and again threaten to take legal action. They put me on the phone with Charlie ID # 8 Charlie sounds Russian in fact all there staff at Score sense sounds Russian. Charlie asks a bunch of personal questions avoiding to answer me about his Business Office Address, His Business Identification number and the Owner Legal name. Charlie just keeps saying the money will be refunded, the money will be refunded. No money. Charlie and his company a bunch of frauds and is running an illegal business. My next phone call to the local city business office to see if Charlie and his company out of the Garage is legit. File a complaint there as well as the Texas Attorney general and my States Attorney general. After today this will be the end of Score Sense for illegal theft of peoples funds. False advertisement and crooked business dealings! Answer Question #4 more accurately, I was not a willing paid customer of Score Sense. They stole from me and called it a customer relationship!

jamie
May 2nd, 2018 Pattersonville, NY

Terrible company , never signed up for their service, I found out they had my card because I found a charge on my card and when I called to have that stopped and asked for a refund they denied giving me a refund even though I have never used them or even knew they had my information.

Mia Naseer
February 26th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS

I joined ScoreSense to see if it would be a good alternative to my memberships with Experian and creditreport.com. Subsequently, what I found was significant inaccuracy. The scores reported via ScoreSense were as high as 100 points off! Any consumer who is new to this would continue to pay the $39.95 unsuspectedly. I wrote this review to advise that just like credit Karma and credit wise , ScoreSense is not accurate. If you want an accurate credit report, you will have to go to the source. Creditreport.com is on point and cost $24.95 a month with the ability to see all three credit reports, dispute inaccurate info, monitoring, and Identity protection. If you are serious about maintaining your credit or repairing it do not use ScoreSense because it is not an accurate depiction of your real credit scores. Additionally, $39.95 is a bit high for inaccurate information. *****Buyers Beware******

Anna
February 21st, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

Scoresense is a scam. I was checking out a person online to see if I could get some background information on the person. I looked into been verified and some other companies that charged a feen scoresense was listed along with those companies. I registered and paid the $1 fee which was a one time fee not ongoing. The charged me $39.99 a month beginning in November to January before I realized this fee was charged to my account and asked for a refund and cancellation. They refused to refund all my money.

Terry
February 14th, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

ScoreScense is a SCAM. There are numerous class action lawsuits against them. Just Google “scoreScense fraud” and you can read all about it. They ripped off hundreds of dollars from us that we are still trying to recover.

Marion Garrett Jr
February 12th, 2018 Sun Valley, CA

I called to cancel my membership about 6 days after i started the trial period, i was charged the $29.00, i asked rep if i would be charged the total $29.00 if i cancelled, she advised me that she would put in a refund request never stating it eould me a request only and i could be denied, if she had told me that i would have continued the service for the entire period however she did start trying to sell me everything the company had including the same service i tried and more for only $5.95 monthly?? My problem is she was misleading me and if this is the way this company does business, $29.95 is chesp for me to find out how they do business, just be aware of this company, they could get rich off ripping off custoners for $29.95.

not a liberty to say at this min
February 5th, 2018 Stillwater, OK

They make all kinds of promises to the customers and don't deliver. I see on a daily basis makes me want to cry. Even as a independent associate I have begged for them to do right and always brushed off by suppervisors. I do feel some reps at home office do care but there hands are tired. I could write a book of what I seen of lies to customers and lies to independent assoicates. This my opinions you can form your own. I have tried to use my membership 3 times with no success was always brushed off. I feel they are in breach on contract. I never felt this scamed until I met this company. It's sad corperate world made a bad name for this previous family owned company. I pray that things will change but it is all about money they proved that to me and my family.

Pamela S Lukenbill
January 24th, 2018 Sellersburg, IN DETAILS

I feel the company is almost a scam. I never received an email saying I was going to be charged. As soon as I saw a charge on my bank I looked up and called them. The agent kept offering me different services, while also telling me she would put in for a refund. They refunded a $1, but not the $39.95 they billed. I'm just thankful I caught it as soon as charged to be aware so my account didn't go negative!! I feel this company is sneaky the way they do business. I mean is the only way they can get customers to trick them??? Update the company did refund my $39.95 charge! So the customer service response was better than I thought.

India Warren
January 3rd, 2018 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS

I hope in 2018 people can stop being lazy and READ!!!!! Yes the trial service is for $1, but after that you will have to pay for the membership just like any other membership that has a free trial!

Mary D
December 18th, 2017 Hanksville, UT

My husband and I have had some hard times recently; he lost his job, and in order to take a job, he had to move from our home in Utah to the east coast, had to stay in a hotel at his own expense for a month, and then come up with the money for deposit for an apartment, and when we thought that things had finally settled, he had a car accident. In order to get him a new vehicle quickly, we had to get a small loan to cover what the insurance didn't cover on our totaled vehicle. Somehow, in the process of applying for this loan, we also "applied" for this very expensive credit monitoring service that we did not know we even had until I saw the payment go through today on my bank statement. I asked my husband what it was, and he thought it was something I had signed up for so he hadn't questioned it. They had managed to get three payments of $29.99 out of us before we noticed. I don't need credit monitoring--I get it free as I am a federal employee, and we also get it free from our bank. So this is not something that either of us signed up for on our own free will. I called the very very annoying call center lady and she "couldn't find my account." Even though her company had been withdrawing money from my bank account. Then she asked what my husband's name was, and all the sudden, she found it. Then she told me this story about it was his account and she could only talk to him about it--bye. What rubbish!!! He never applied for any account like this. So, when gets off work and calls her, she's going to say that I set up the account and that she can only talk to me, right? Has anyone gone to BBB in regards to this company? Because taking money from someone's bank account under false pretenses and not refunding it when requested is theft.

Judith Belli
December 15th, 2017 New Kensington, PA

Do not remember signing up for this service when requesting free credit report from TransUnion. Now billed $39.95 for something I cannot afford. Called twice (once to ask how this happened & again to cancel the service). Agent kept offering me different fees to allow me to keep part of their service & even 30 day free trial, which I would not accept. There is something very wrong here that I am being billed this amount when I never saw anything about cancelling in 7 days for a free trial. How can this keep happening to people? I certainly can not afford this extra bill when it is around the holidays & I can barely afford anything extra. In fact, not giving gifts this year or celebrating the holidays.

Williams
December 8th, 2017 Severn, MD DETAILS

I've never heard, signed up or logged in for this scoresense service ever until yesterday after my wife mentioned I was been charged a $29.95 maintenance fee from a Credit card I hardly ever use, me saying no way the credit card company doesn't charge that monthly. I looked into the charge of $29.95 to see it's from scoresense.com, never using this service I was confused by the charge, so I searched the internet and emails trying to find some information. I found a number and called to find out how they got my information and why I'm being charged, they told me they've been charging me this $29.95 fee monthly since June of 2014. WOW I was totally baffled, over 3 years of charges for a service I've never signed up for, logged into or even heard of. No refund was given or even offered, and no explanation of how they even got my information. Extremely dissatisfied with this situation. Keep a look out this this scamming company Scoresense.com

Cheryl Burke
December 4th, 2017 Xenia, OH DETAILS

I used this service but cancelled it because my bank gave me a free service. Now I’m thinking of signing up again. I haven’t had near the service I had with Scoresense. They were easy to talk to and I had no problem with refunds. The bad reviews on here seem to be from people who didn’t do their homework.

Nlane
December 1st, 2017 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE! It hurt to give them 1 star! My complaint is like so many others - I didn't realize I was signing up for a monthly service (which I do not need). I caught it after one month and cancelled, but was not able to get my 39.95 refunded. There are many truly FREE ways to ck your credit scores. Do some research and beware.....How does a company like this stay in business???

Sush
November 20th, 2017 Chicago, IL

One star is the lowest I could give otherwise I would not even give them 1 star. They mislead by saying free credit score since they take all personal details and take you to a payment page and ask for credit card info. BEWARE !

Abdul
November 7th, 2017 Hialeah, FL DETAILS

Apparently, the creator of ScoreSense Christine enjoys talking to men that are engaged and offering her services in a flirting manner. I found out that my fiancé was using her services and she overstepped her boundaries. I guess Scoresense mixes business and plessure. Honestly, women and men who talk to men who are married and engaged are not trust worthy and cannot be taken serious. It did not shock me upon looking up the company that it already had such bad reviews. There are plenty of creditable companies that can fix your credit score and not have this poor of a score.

Christian Laursen
November 7th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Found out that i was being charged on my account without having signed up. I was on the free Credit Karma (but this is a long time ago).. and somehow they forced the charged and the fake sign up. DO NOT USE CREDIT KARMA! nor this company. It is very close to fraud in my view.

J. Mattman
November 7th, 2017 Clarkston, MI DETAILS

Very disreputable business practices. I saw the monthly charge show up on my credit card. I don't know how they got my info - I NEVER sign up for these kinds of things because it's typically too hard to cancel. When I called to cancel, they couldn't find my account, then told me to MAIL or FAX a letter with my info and complaint - sadly ironic for a company with .com in their name. I filed a dispute with my credit card company -to fight this for me.

Joe Saverino
October 16th, 2017 Secaucus, NJ

I was on Credit Karma when I was tricked into signing up. I didn't realize I had even signed up. My card was charged 1 week after I logged on to Credit Karma. When I saw the charge I called and cancelled but was still charged 39.95 for 1 week.

Robbie S Mays
October 10th, 2017

The only services provided was a credit score. It was not made obvious that I was signing up for a monthly payment. I was denied a refund despite the fact that no services beyond the credit score were given. This felt like a scam and I will post this review on other sites as well.

Michelle Kelly
September 19th, 2017 Columbus, OH

I called 2 hours late for cancelling my membership so they charged me $39.95. Totally absurd.

Teresa Lorraine
September 29th, 2017 Tecumseh, MI

Scores did not match what Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax had reported. When I complained, they said there are "hundreds of different algorithms that determine scores, and this is what your score came up to using our algorithm." We cancelled our subscription immediately, but they took money again the following month. If you choose this service, I suggest you monitor your bank account.

Barbara Ashton
September 11th, 2017 Colorado Springs, CO

Vince (CREDIT SPECIALIST)
September 11th, 2017 Pittsburgh, PA

I enjoy my Scoresense. Those giving bad reviews did not read the disclaimer or anything else. Scores are based on formulas which are industry specific, for which there are over a hundred formulas to calculate your score. Their's are based on Vantage and they tell you these are their scores. Dealerships use an Auto based formula which is usually a FICO 8 Auto score. Learn before you blame and read before you agree. I can go on about Scoresense and to let everyone know, Scoresense is the only credit service that is FTC compliant. PLEASE READ DISCLAIMERS and AGREEMENTS on websites before you commit. They are absolutely free for the trial period which starts when you agree to terms and conditions and the EMAIL THEY SEND you tells when to call and what time to call BEFORE you are charged. I cleaned up my own credit report using this service and I have helped many more do the same with this service and also showed people how to use the other services they provide. And I have tried other services including the credit bureaus, They all give you a score based on THEIR formula. Try scoresense, call and ask about all the services they offer and use them and if you wish to cancel call BEFORE the time and date SPECIFIED in the e-mail.

AJ
September 12th, 2017 MD

As soon as I called to cancel my account they charged my card, had to file a complaint with my bank and they only gave me part of it refunded.

Taylor
October 4th, 2017

Didn't even know I was a member and they secretly billed me for months. When I put in a refund request they only gave me one month refund. This company is a scam. Shouldn't be in business.

Bradford
August 23rd, 2017

I canceled before my free trial expired but they continued billing me. When I requested a refund they only gave me one month out of 5 that they continued to bill. This place is a scam. DO NOT USE THEM. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF.

Marcela Patch
August 28th, 2017

I have been a member for over 3 years, all of the sudden they cancelled my account because of non payment, I had automatic withdrawal for payment, I check with the bank, there was money in the account and there is no trace of the transaction. There was no notification neither. They want me to re enroll at the escalated price. I don't believe in companies that do not care about their costumers, and scoresense being in the business of checking and informing costumers about their finances should have been able at least to keep me informed about issues with their own account, this episode left me with a lot of doubts about their effectiveness at monitoring.

Josh Lane
July 28th, 2017

Called and cancelled service was assured I would not be charged, next morning they pulled payment from my account. These places are crooks and should be charged as such.

Debra Dion
July 26th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

I cancelled on the same day I ordered by a charge came through on my credit card just recently on July . I called again over the phone and the lady said she would submit it to the department to consider. I received an email that said they would not refund. There business practice is not good and I would suggest not using this company but rather subscribing to one of the credit bureau's who can office you the same for half the price

K P
June 28th, 2017 Houston, TX

I have enrolled in 3 different online companies to run my credit and this one was the only one that was completely off. My scores are 650 and up and somehow my trans-union score was literally 78 points off. In the 500 are you kidding me?I will be cancelling my account immediately due to accuracy. Do not waste your money on this site you wont get accurate scores.

James Bain
June 21st, 2017

Enrollment in this service was a result of online deception. I had no intention of enrolling in a fee for service like this. Then I find I am being billed $39.95 per month. They billed me for three months before I noticed it. No wonder....no emails or mail ever came to me. They just collected my money.

Connie Harper
June 16th, 2017

This is a total rip off. I paid the $1.00 then I cancelled the next day and they still took $40 outta my account, not to mention that my credit score was not correect.

Carlos Stelmach
June 13th, 2017

I don't even remember subscribing to Score Sense; I think it was part of the process of getting my credit score through Credit Karma. I contacted Score Sense after seeing a withdrawal from my bank account to request a refund and to terminate my membership. I just received a notice that the refund was denied. Of course I consider this to be theft and Score Sense to be unethical.

Rachel Badia
June 1st, 2017 Hoffman Forest, NC

Get someone else to look at your credit. These guys are thieves. 1. Wasn't warned that I was signing up for a MEMBERSHIP. 2. They auto drafted my acct. Like, the 1 dollar draft, no problem. I knew that was happening: but the $40 auto draft? Not cool. Then, they lied about it, saying I got a call AND e-mail about it before they pulled the monthly dues. Didn't happen. I would be willing to show you my call history and emails. 3. They will NOT refund me anything, because I'm asking for the refund AFTER they pulled the money. Because I can predict the future apparently ScoreSense, you suck. Never again. Oh, and they're going to try and keep you a member by offering this, that and the other.. You screwed me out of groceries for the week, so thanks, but NO THANKS.

Brenda Smith
April 24th, 2017 Pasadena, MD

Credit Score. The score they give you is not the same as what a lender see's although they are pulling the same reports, same day. The numbers are way off, nearly 100 points off and they have nerve to charge $40 a month and make is just about impossible to cancel. Think twice before using this service, they are not providing legit info.

Crystal Mccray
April 24th, 2017 Stony Brook, NY

They still charged me after cancelling because I didn't call within the allotted time, during the trial period even though it was on the 7th day I cancelled they still charged me, I really didn't use the services, trial period should be a month instead of a week!

LISA GLASS
April 15th, 2017 Federal Way, WA

Wow, warning…. you have to call customer service in order to cancel the service, not by doing it online. I just got off the phone with them and it was 2 minutes of talking, refusing other services for $19.95, another service for $7.95 etc. INSANE

Corey Vyse
March 27th, 2017

Wow, warning.... you have to call customer service in order to cancel the service, not by doing it online. I just got off the phone with them and it was 21 minutes of talking, refusing other services for $19.95, another service for $7.95 etc. It was INSANE! I believe most of us have other stuff to do with 21 minutes when it would have been nice to know that you have to call and be bombarded with other "offers".