ScoreSense

1.2

a month ago

ScoreSense

Identity protection for $29.95 per month

Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, ScoreSense is a membership-based identity protection service provided by One Technologies, L.P. The privately-held company provides customers with credit scores and reports from all three major credit bureaus and offers customers credit report monitoring services as well as identity theft protection at an affordable monthly rate. Customers are also able to obtain a seven-day free trial to try out the company's services before a monthly fee is due. Potential customers should keep in mind that the company's monthly fee for service subscription will automatically be charged after the trial membership ends.

The Good

• Comprehensive Credit Monitoring Services
  • Additional Resources
  • Educational Resources
  • Identity Theft Reimbursement Insurance

Comprehensive Credit Monitoring Services

ScoreSense offers credit scores and credit reports from each major credit reporting agency (TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian), as well as credit report monitoring with instant activity alerts. In addition, the company scans millions of public and private databases for suspicious activity. As a part of its credit monitoring service, ScoreSense will send out instant credit alerts to ensure that customers catch any errors like unauthorized charges and fraud early on. Customers can get alerts for changes relating to credit history, delinquent payments, and new account openings.

Additional Resources

In addition to credit monitoring services, ScoreSense provides a neighborhood report feature that helps customers find out how many sex offenders live near them. The company will send out official sex offender instant alerts if a new sex offender moves into the neighborhood. ScoreSense also offers a ScoreTracker tool that tracks customers' credit score progress for all three credit bureaus. Customers also get the ScoreCast tool which is a score simulator that can tell customers how their scores will change if they take certain credit actions like paying off debt or taking out new loans.  Lastly, ScoreSense has a dispute center that shows customers how to dispute mistakes and fraud off of their credit reports in order to improve their credit score rating.

Educational Resources

ScoreSense provides its members with access to educational resources through its dispute and learning centers. Members who use these resources receive valuable credit tips, learn how to protect sensitive information, and dispute fraudulent activity.

Identity Theft Reimbursement Insurance

ScoreSense provides its customers with up to $1 million in identity theft reimbursement insurance. This policy covers lost wages, legal costs, and other expenses related to identity restoration. Meanwhile, many other companies in the identity protection industry offer less identity theft reimbursement insurance.

The Bad

• Credit Monitoring Limitations
  • No Fraud Resolution Services

Credit Monitoring Limitations

ScoreSense's ScoreTracker tool only features credit scores that were recently purchased and does not seem to offer free credit reports or free credit scores. For updated information, members must pay an additional one-time fee or upgrade their account.

No Fraud Resolution Services

In the event of an identity theft attack, ScoreSense does not seem to offer support from experienced fraud resolution specialists. Instead, identity theft victims must dispute claims on their own. Although the company does offer a dispute center, customers may still face uncertainty when disputing errors and fraud on their own. Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

ScoreSense is an identity protection company that offers a seven-day free trial, credit report and credit score monitoring services for each major credit reporting agency, up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, alerts for errors like unauthorized charges as well as fraud situations, and a variety of helpful educational resources. Customers also have the ability to access updated credit scores and reports through ScoreSense's services.  However, the company charges automatically after the trial membership ends which may cause customer complaints, it does seem to have limited credit score monitoring and credit report monitoring services, and it appears to lack proper fraud resolution services which may lead to customer uncertainty.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

Chanel Aboua
July 26th, 2018 Saint Paul, MN

If I can give this company zero star, I will do it. They took $29 out of my account without letting me know. I only wanted to check my credit score and they charge me $29 per month ??? Seriously I called them the First time and the lady said I’ll get a refund. Two days later, I received an email saying I wasn’t approved because “ The refund decision is based in part on how long the account has been active and the services provided.” I’m sorry but you provided me no services and My account is not active. I called them again and they said they will find a solution. I’m waiting!!! If I don’t get my refund, I’ll sue them.

Eve
July 13th, 2018 DETAILS

This is a scam. “One time fee of $4.95” automatically enrolls you in $39.99 a month membership , with no warning what-so-ever. There is not even a hint that you will be charged anything beyond the initial $4.95. The only reason I found out is because I found the reviews on this website, and called to ask them if I would be charged $39.99 despite NOT signing up to pay that. Customer service representative said yes, and acted as if she had no idea why it would automatically enroll me in the $39.99 program. Then tried to up-sell me with other offers despite my repeated requests for cancellation.

DONNA S DAWE
July 5th, 2018 Locust Dale, VA DETAILS

This company does not provide any value for the $39.95 they charge. When asked for a refund, the provided a $1 refund!! Denying the remainder. Dont use the scam company!

Amanda Eldridge
June 13th, 2018 Rolla, MO

I wanted to try the 7 day trial using scoresense. I thought I would be able to cancel the subscription online. This was not an option. My 7th day fell on a Sunday and of course there were no representatives available. I call the following day, and I said that I wanted to cancel my subscription. She continued to pressure me into trying for a 30 day trial for free, identity theft, etc. I repeatedly said no. I asked her for my refund because of the situation and unfair that “we” can’t cancel online. The representative told me she would submit a form for my refund. I got an email saying that I was approved for my refund....a whole 1$ out of a 39.95$. Wow

Jeannie B. Bright
June 12th, 2018 Ocean Springs, MS DETAILS

I believe the $1 I paid was not for anything to do with credit scores. I just found out they have been charging me 39.99 for months without my agreement. I have been given a partial refund due to being very strong and proactive, and filed a dispute for the charges not refunded with Chase. If you look online at different blogs you will find many complaints, all with the same bad experience. I am going to post my experience on FB, Instagram, Twitter and the BBB They are an aggressive scam and should be put out of business.

Max
May 31st, 2018 Westminster, CA DETAILS

I have been using my ScoreSense since February 2013. My agreement with them $9.95 per month which I've paid 63 months of that price. They have recently changed their credit reporting interface/website and I am not able to see the "Account ALERTS" anymore. I wait for 3 days then gave them a call this morning. They said in order to see my Alerts I have to pay $12.99. It is a stupid thing. I had an agreement and I should be able to see my Alerts in my membership. But the representative canceled my membership right away because they want more money! There are many free credit reporting systems and they are honest I am sure. Don't trust SCORESENSE at all. Please stay away...

Mary Farrow
May 14th, 2018 Wheeling, WV DETAILS

Terrible scam!!! Do not use!!! I was out of the country and requested to cancel less than 24 hours after my trial was up and they are refusing to refund!! Horrible business!!! Run!!

Josh
May 3rd, 2018 Zillah, WA

Flase Advertisement! I signed up and my wife signed up for the free credit score. Before the trial period ran out we called to cancel. Cancel both accounts. Following month my credit card gets charged $29.95. I called asked what the heck they thought they was doing charging me after i called to cancel. They said NO call was ever made to do such a thing. I said you guys are liar my Magic Jack phone record has all called inbound and out bound tracked and printed out on ledger and i can prove i called! The person on the other end choked up and said well lets make this right ill send you over to a specialist to get the money refunded and the account closed out. I went with there crap. Days later no money back. Called again and complained and this time threaten to take legal action. Finley they coughed up the refund. 2 Months goes by and keep in mind I canceled my wife account the same time and even verified it was canceled in my 3rd call to score sense. Tow months goes by they charge my wife $29.95 not once but twice in the same month. I find this out through my bank. I call and I am fuming angry. They claim they got no such call on both accounts. I am arguing with none stop and again threaten to take legal action. They put me on the phone with Charlie ID # 8 Charlie sounds Russian in fact all there staff at Score sense sounds Russian. Charlie asks a bunch of personal questions avoiding to answer me about his Business Office Address, His Business Identification number and the Owner Legal name. Charlie just keeps saying the money will be refunded, the money will be refunded. No money. Charlie and his company a bunch of frauds and is running an illegal business. My next phone call to the local city business office to see if Charlie and his company out of the Garage is legit. File a complaint there as well as the Texas Attorney general and my States Attorney general. After today this will be the end of Score Sense for illegal theft of peoples funds. False advertisement and crooked business dealings! Answer Question #4 more accurately, I was not a willing paid customer of Score Sense. They stole from me and called it a customer relationship!

jamie
May 2nd, 2018 Pattersonville, NY

Terrible company , never signed up for their service, I found out they had my card because I found a charge on my card and when I called to have that stopped and asked for a refund they denied giving me a refund even though I have never used them or even knew they had my information.

Mia Naseer
February 26th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS

I joined ScoreSense to see if it would be a good alternative to my memberships with Experian and creditreport.com. Subsequently, what I found was significant inaccuracy. The scores reported via ScoreSense were as high as 100 points off! Any consumer who is new to this would continue to pay the $39.95 unsuspectedly. I wrote this review to advise that just like credit Karma and credit wise , ScoreSense is not accurate. If you want an accurate credit report, you will have to go to the source. Creditreport.com is on point and cost $24.95 a month with the ability to see all three credit reports, dispute inaccurate info, monitoring, and Identity protection. If you are serious about maintaining your credit or repairing it do not use ScoreSense because it is not an accurate depiction of your real credit scores. Additionally, $39.95 is a bit high for inaccurate information. *****Buyers Beware******

Anna
February 21st, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

Scoresense is a scam. I was checking out a person online to see if I could get some background information on the person. I looked into been verified and some other companies that charged a feen scoresense was listed along with those companies. I registered and paid the $1 fee which was a one time fee not ongoing. The charged me $39.99 a month beginning in November to January before I realized this fee was charged to my account and asked for a refund and cancellation. They refused to refund all my money.

Terry
February 14th, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

ScoreScense is a SCAM. There are numerous class action lawsuits against them. Just Google “scoreScense fraud” and you can read all about it. They ripped off hundreds of dollars from us that we are still trying to recover.

Marion Garrett Jr
February 12th, 2018 Sun Valley, CA

I called to cancel my membership about 6 days after i started the trial period, i was charged the $29.00, i asked rep if i would be charged the total $29.00 if i cancelled, she advised me that she would put in a refund request never stating it eould me a request only and i could be denied, if she had told me that i would have continued the service for the entire period however she did start trying to sell me everything the company had including the same service i tried and more for only $5.95 monthly?? My problem is she was misleading me and if this is the way this company does business, $29.95 is chesp for me to find out how they do business, just be aware of this company, they could get rich off ripping off custoners for $29.95.

not a liberty to say at this min
February 5th, 2018 Stillwater, OK

They make all kinds of promises to the customers and don't deliver. I see on a daily basis makes me want to cry. Even as a independent associate I have begged for them to do right and always brushed off by suppervisors. I do feel some reps at home office do care but there hands are tired. I could write a book of what I seen of lies to customers and lies to independent assoicates. This my opinions you can form your own. I have tried to use my membership 3 times with no success was always brushed off. I feel they are in breach on contract. I never felt this scamed until I met this company. It's sad corperate world made a bad name for this previous family owned company. I pray that things will change but it is all about money they proved that to me and my family.

Pamela S Lukenbill
January 24th, 2018 Sellersburg, IN DETAILS

I feel the company is almost a scam. I never received an email saying I was going to be charged. As soon as I saw a charge on my bank I looked up and called them. The agent kept offering me different services, while also telling me she would put in for a refund. They refunded a $1, but not the $39.95 they billed. I'm just thankful I caught it as soon as charged to be aware so my account didn't go negative!! I feel this company is sneaky the way they do business. I mean is the only way they can get customers to trick them??? Update the company did refund my $39.95 charge! So the customer service response was better than I thought.

India Warren
January 3rd, 2018 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS

I hope in 2018 people can stop being lazy and READ!!!!! Yes the trial service is for $1, but after that you will have to pay for the membership just like any other membership that has a free trial!

Mary D
December 18th, 2017 Hanksville, UT

My husband and I have had some hard times recently; he lost his job, and in order to take a job, he had to move from our home in Utah to the east coast, had to stay in a hotel at his own expense for a month, and then come up with the money for deposit for an apartment, and when we thought that things had finally settled, he had a car accident. In order to get him a new vehicle quickly, we had to get a small loan to cover what the insurance didn't cover on our totaled vehicle. Somehow, in the process of applying for this loan, we also "applied" for this very expensive credit monitoring service that we did not know we even had until I saw the payment go through today on my bank statement. I asked my husband what it was, and he thought it was something I had signed up for so he hadn't questioned it. They had managed to get three payments of $29.99 out of us before we noticed. I don't need credit monitoring--I get it free as I am a federal employee, and we also get it free from our bank. So this is not something that either of us signed up for on our own free will. I called the very very annoying call center lady and she "couldn't find my account." Even though her company had been withdrawing money from my bank account. Then she asked what my husband's name was, and all the sudden, she found it. Then she told me this story about it was his account and she could only talk to him about it--bye. What rubbish!!! He never applied for any account like this. So, when gets off work and calls her, she's going to say that I set up the account and that she can only talk to me, right? Has anyone gone to BBB in regards to this company? Because taking money from someone's bank account under false pretenses and not refunding it when requested is theft.

Judith Belli
December 15th, 2017 New Kensington, PA

Do not remember signing up for this service when requesting free credit report from TransUnion. Now billed $39.95 for something I cannot afford. Called twice (once to ask how this happened & again to cancel the service). Agent kept offering me different fees to allow me to keep part of their service & even 30 day free trial, which I would not accept. There is something very wrong here that I am being billed this amount when I never saw anything about cancelling in 7 days for a free trial. How can this keep happening to people? I certainly can not afford this extra bill when it is around the holidays & I can barely afford anything extra. In fact, not giving gifts this year or celebrating the holidays.

Williams
December 8th, 2017 Severn, MD DETAILS

I've never heard, signed up or logged in for this scoresense service ever until yesterday after my wife mentioned I was been charged a $29.95 maintenance fee from a Credit card I hardly ever use, me saying no way the credit card company doesn't charge that monthly. I looked into the charge of $29.95 to see it's from scoresense.com, never using this service I was confused by the charge, so I searched the internet and emails trying to find some information. I found a number and called to find out how they got my information and why I'm being charged, they told me they've been charging me this $29.95 fee monthly since June of 2014. WOW I was totally baffled, over 3 years of charges for a service I've never signed up for, logged into or even heard of. No refund was given or even offered, and no explanation of how they even got my information. Extremely dissatisfied with this situation. Keep a look out this this scamming company Scoresense.com

Cheryl Burke
December 4th, 2017 Xenia, OH DETAILS

I used this service but cancelled it because my bank gave me a free service. Now I’m thinking of signing up again. I haven’t had near the service I had with Scoresense. They were easy to talk to and I had no problem with refunds. The bad reviews on here seem to be from people who didn’t do their homework.

Nlane
December 1st, 2017 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE! It hurt to give them 1 star! My complaint is like so many others - I didn't realize I was signing up for a monthly service (which I do not need). I caught it after one month and cancelled, but was not able to get my 39.95 refunded. There are many truly FREE ways to ck your credit scores. Do some research and beware.....How does a company like this stay in business???

Sush
November 20th, 2017 Chicago, IL

One star is the lowest I could give otherwise I would not even give them 1 star. They mislead by saying free credit score since they take all personal details and take you to a payment page and ask for credit card info. BEWARE !

Abdul
November 7th, 2017 Hialeah, FL DETAILS

Apparently, the creator of ScoreSense Christine enjoys talking to men that are engaged and offering her services in a flirting manner. I found out that my fiancé was using her services and she overstepped her boundaries. I guess Scoresense mixes business and plessure. Honestly, women and men who talk to men who are married and engaged are not trust worthy and cannot be taken serious. It did not shock me upon looking up the company that it already had such bad reviews. There are plenty of creditable companies that can fix your credit score and not have this poor of a score.

Christian Laursen
November 7th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Found out that i was being charged on my account without having signed up. I was on the free Credit Karma (but this is a long time ago).. and somehow they forced the charged and the fake sign up. DO NOT USE CREDIT KARMA! nor this company. It is very close to fraud in my view.

J. Mattman
November 7th, 2017 Clarkston, MI DETAILS

Very disreputable business practices. I saw the monthly charge show up on my credit card. I don't know how they got my info - I NEVER sign up for these kinds of things because it's typically too hard to cancel. When I called to cancel, they couldn't find my account, then told me to MAIL or FAX a letter with my info and complaint - sadly ironic for a company with .com in their name. I filed a dispute with my credit card company -to fight this for me.

Joe Saverino
October 16th, 2017 Secaucus, NJ

I was on Credit Karma when I was tricked into signing up. I didn't realize I had even signed up. My card was charged 1 week after I logged on to Credit Karma. When I saw the charge I called and cancelled but was still charged 39.95 for 1 week.

Robbie S Mays
October 10th, 2017

The only services provided was a credit score. It was not made obvious that I was signing up for a monthly payment. I was denied a refund despite the fact that no services beyond the credit score were given. This felt like a scam and I will post this review on other sites as well.

Michelle Kelly
September 19th, 2017 Columbus, OH

I called 2 hours late for cancelling my membership so they charged me $39.95. Totally absurd.

Teresa Lorraine
September 29th, 2017 Tecumseh, MI

Scores did not match what Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax had reported. When I complained, they said there are "hundreds of different algorithms that determine scores, and this is what your score came up to using our algorithm." We cancelled our subscription immediately, but they took money again the following month. If you choose this service, I suggest you monitor your bank account.

Barbara Ashton
September 11th, 2017 Colorado Springs, CO

Vince (CREDIT SPECIALIST)
September 11th, 2017 Pittsburgh, PA

I enjoy my Scoresense. Those giving bad reviews did not read the disclaimer or anything else. Scores are based on formulas which are industry specific, for which there are over a hundred formulas to calculate your score. Their's are based on Vantage and they tell you these are their scores. Dealerships use an Auto based formula which is usually a FICO 8 Auto score. Learn before you blame and read before you agree. I can go on about Scoresense and to let everyone know, Scoresense is the only credit service that is FTC compliant. PLEASE READ DISCLAIMERS and AGREEMENTS on websites before you commit. They are absolutely free for the trial period which starts when you agree to terms and conditions and the EMAIL THEY SEND you tells when to call and what time to call BEFORE you are charged. I cleaned up my own credit report using this service and I have helped many more do the same with this service and also showed people how to use the other services they provide. And I have tried other services including the credit bureaus, They all give you a score based on THEIR formula. Try scoresense, call and ask about all the services they offer and use them and if you wish to cancel call BEFORE the time and date SPECIFIED in the e-mail.

AJ
September 12th, 2017 MD

As soon as I called to cancel my account they charged my card, had to file a complaint with my bank and they only gave me part of it refunded.

Taylor
October 4th, 2017

Didn't even know I was a member and they secretly billed me for months. When I put in a refund request they only gave me one month refund. This company is a scam. Shouldn't be in business.

Bradford
August 23rd, 2017

I canceled before my free trial expired but they continued billing me. When I requested a refund they only gave me one month out of 5 that they continued to bill. This place is a scam. DO NOT USE THEM. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF.

Marcela Patch
August 28th, 2017

I have been a member for over 3 years, all of the sudden they cancelled my account because of non payment, I had automatic withdrawal for payment, I check with the bank, there was money in the account and there is no trace of the transaction. There was no notification neither. They want me to re enroll at the escalated price. I don't believe in companies that do not care about their costumers, and scoresense being in the business of checking and informing costumers about their finances should have been able at least to keep me informed about issues with their own account, this episode left me with a lot of doubts about their effectiveness at monitoring.

Josh Lane
July 28th, 2017

Called and cancelled service was assured I would not be charged, next morning they pulled payment from my account. These places are crooks and should be charged as such.

Debra Dion
July 26th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

I cancelled on the same day I ordered by a charge came through on my credit card just recently on July . I called again over the phone and the lady said she would submit it to the department to consider. I received an email that said they would not refund. There business practice is not good and I would suggest not using this company but rather subscribing to one of the credit bureau's who can office you the same for half the price

K P
June 28th, 2017 Houston, TX

I have enrolled in 3 different online companies to run my credit and this one was the only one that was completely off. My scores are 650 and up and somehow my trans-union score was literally 78 points off. In the 500 are you kidding me?I will be cancelling my account immediately due to accuracy. Do not waste your money on this site you wont get accurate scores.

James Bain
June 21st, 2017

Enrollment in this service was a result of online deception. I had no intention of enrolling in a fee for service like this. Then I find I am being billed $39.95 per month. They billed me for three months before I noticed it. No wonder....no emails or mail ever came to me. They just collected my money.

Connie Harper
June 16th, 2017

This is a total rip off. I paid the $1.00 then I cancelled the next day and they still took $40 outta my account, not to mention that my credit score was not correect.