ScoreSense

ScoreSense

Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, ScoreSense is a membership-based identity protection service provided by One Technologies, L.P. The privately-held company offers credit monitoring services and identity protection at an affordable monthly rate.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 7.9 8.0 Read Review
#2 6.6 9.0 Read Review
#3 6.2 1.9 Read Review
#6 5.8 0.4 Current

The Good

• Comprehensive Credit Monitoring Services
  • Educational Resources
  • Identity Theft Reimbursement Insurance

Comprehensive Credit Monitoring Services

ScoreSense offers credit reports and scores from all three major credit bureaus, as well as credit monitoring with instant activity alerts. In addition, the company scans millions of public and private databases for suspicious activity.

Educational Resources

ScoreSense provides its members with access to educational resources through its dispute and learning centers. Members who uses these resources receive valuable tips and learn how to protect sensitive information and dispute fraudulent activity.

Identity Theft Reimbursement Insurance

ScoreSense provides its customers with up to $1 million in identity theft reimbursement insurance. This policy covers lost wages, legal costs, and other expenses related to identity restoration.

The Bad

• Credit Monitoring Limitations
  • No Fraud Resolution Services

Credit Monitoring Limitations

ScoreSense's ScoreTracker tool only features credit scores that were recently purchased. For updated information, members must pay an additional one-time fee or upgrade their account.

No Fraud Resolution Services

In the event of an identity theft attack, ScoreSense does not offer support from experienced fraud resolution specialists. Instead, identity theft victims must dispute claims on their own.

Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

ScoreSense is an identity protection company that offers credit monitoring services, identity theft insurance, and educational resources. However, the company doe not offer fraud resolution services.

View Top Rated Companies

214 ScoreSense Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

September 19th, 2017 Columbus, OH

I called 2 hours late for cancelling my membership so they charged me $39.95. Totally absurd.

September 7th, 2017 Colorado Springs, CO

I was on Credit Karma when I was tricked into signing up. I didn't realize I had even signed up. My card was charged 1 week after I logged on to Credit Karma. When I saw the charge I called and cancelled but was still charged 39.95 for 1 week.

September 7th, 2017 Pittsburgh, PA

I enjoy my Scoresense. Those giving bad reviews did not read the disclaimer or anything else. Scores are based on formulas which are industry specific, for which there are over a hundred formulas to calculate your score. Their's are based on Vantage and they tell you these are their scores. Dealerships use an Auto based formula which is usually a FICO 8 Auto score. Learn before you blame and read before you agree. I can go on about Scoresense and to let everyone know, Scoresense is the only credit service that is FTC compliant. PLEASE READ DISCLAIMERS and AGREEMENTS on websites before you commit. They are absolutely free for the trial period which starts when you agree to terms and conditions and the EMAIL THEY SEND you tells when to call and what time to call BEFORE you are charged. I cleaned up my own credit report using this service and I have helped many more do the same with this service and also showed people how to use the other services they provide. And I have tried other services including the credit bureaus, They all give you a score based on THEIR formula. Try scoresense, call and ask about all the services they offer and use them and if you wish to cancel call BEFORE the time and date SPECIFIED in the e-mail.

August 29th, 2017 MD

As soon as I called to cancel my account they charged my card, had to file a complaint with my bank and they only gave me part of it refunded.

August 23rd, 2017

I canceled before my free trial expired but they continued billing me. When I requested a refund they only gave me one month out of 5 that they continued to bill. This place is a scam. DO NOT USE THEM. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF.

August 9th, 2017

I have been a member for over 3 years, all of the sudden they cancelled my account because of non payment, I had automatic withdrawal for payment, I check with the bank, there was money in the account and there is no trace of the transaction. There was no notification neither. They want me to re enroll at the escalated price. I don't believe in companies that do not care about their costumers, and scoresense being in the business of checking and informing costumers about their finances should have been able at least to keep me informed about issues with their own account, this episode left me with a lot of doubts about their effectiveness at monitoring.

July 27th, 2017

Called and cancelled service was assured I would not be charged, next morning they pulled payment from my account. These places are crooks and should be charged as such.

July 26th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

I cancelled on the same day I ordered by a charge came through on my credit card just recently on July . I called again over the phone and the lady said she would submit it to the department to consider. I received an email that said they would not refund. There business practice is not good and I would suggest not using this company but rather subscribing to one of the credit bureau's who can office you the same for half the price

June 28th, 2017 Houston, TX

I have enrolled in 3 different online companies to run my credit and this one was the only one that was completely off. My scores are 650 and up and somehow my trans-union score was literally 78 points off. In the 500 are you kidding me?I will be cancelling my account immediately due to accuracy. Do not waste your money on this site you wont get accurate scores.

June 21st, 2017

Enrollment in this service was a result of online deception. I had no intention of enrolling in a fee for service like this. Then I find I am being billed $39.95 per month. They billed me for three months before I noticed it. No wonder....no emails or mail ever came to me. They just collected my money.

June 15th, 2017

This is a total rip off. I paid the $1.00 then I cancelled the next day and they still took $40 outta my account, not to mention that my credit score was not correect.

June 12th, 2017

I don't even remember subscribing to Score Sense; I think it was part of the process of getting my credit score through Credit Karma. I contacted Score Sense after seeing a withdrawal from my bank account to request a refund and to terminate my membership. I just received a notice that the refund was denied. Of course I consider this to be theft and Score Sense to be unethical.

May 29th, 2017 Hoffman Forest, NC

Get someone else to look at your credit. These guys are thieves. 1. Wasn't warned that I was signing up for a MEMBERSHIP. 2. They auto drafted my acct. Like, the 1 dollar draft, no problem. I knew that was happening: but the $40 auto draft? Not cool. Then, they lied about it, saying I got a call AND e-mail about it before they pulled the monthly dues. Didn't happen. I would be willing to show you my call history and emails. 3. They will NOT refund me anything, because I'm asking for the refund AFTER they pulled the money. Because I can predict the future apparently ScoreSense, you suck. Never again. Oh, and they're going to try and keep you a member by offering this, that and the other.. You screwed me out of groceries for the week, so thanks, but NO THANKS.

1 1

April 24th, 2017 Pasadena, MD

Credit Score. The score they give you is not the same as what a lender see's although they are pulling the same reports, same day. The numbers are way off, nearly 100 points off and they have nerve to charge $40 a month and make is just about impossible to cancel. Think twice before using this service, they are not providing legit info.

April 23rd, 2017 Stony Brook, NY

They still charged me after cancelling because I didn't call within the allotted time, during the trial period even though it was on the 7th day I cancelled they still charged me, I really didn't use the services, trial period should be a month instead of a week!

April 14th, 2017 Federal Way, WA

Wow, warning…. you have to call customer service in order to cancel the service, not by doing it online. I just got off the phone with them and it was 2 minutes of talking, refusing other services for $19.95, another service for $7.95 etc. INSANE

March 27th, 2017

Wow, warning.... you have to call customer service in order to cancel the service, not by doing it online. I just got off the phone with them and it was 21 minutes of talking, refusing other services for $19.95, another service for $7.95 etc. It was INSANE! I believe most of us have other stuff to do with 21 minutes when it would have been nice to know that you have to call and be bombarded with other "offers".

March 10th, 2017

Scoresense claims that they have been emailing my alerts. I check my email and spam every day and have not seen an email alert from them. I have been paying since 2012

March 8th, 2017 Woodsboro, MD

So I opened the service and received the 7 days free. I viewed my scores and no longer needed the service so on Saturday I tried to cancel but you have to call instead of doing it online. I ended up calling the day after I was billed to cancel. I accidentally waited until after I was billed I called to cancel, thinking I'd use it for the 30 days since I paid for one month. That isn't the case I was billed for 39.99 and once you cancel you no longer have any access to the website. Also the rep offered me every service imaginable, everything form 30 days free to half price services. I just wanted to cancel and receive a refund. Other credit services let you cancel online and it's not as much of a hasel. I'd look into other agencies.

March 2nd, 2017 Whitehall, MI

They will rob you blind. And forget about their customer service department. Worthless. Very unhappy customer. Get your credit report elsewhere!!