LegalShield IDShield Logo

LegalShield IDShield

8.0

Jack Long Beach, CA

I have complete peace of mind receiving email alerts if anything looks suspicious on my credit report. Even better, knowing that LegalShield will go in and restore my identity in the event I become a victim lets me sleep stress-free through the whole night.

Luke Tieskoetter Des Moines, IA

I love LegalShield as they are the most comprehensive service on the market. They do not need the one million insurance police because they do all the work for you with their complete restoration service thus saving hours of precious time for the victim of identity theft. It also covers all forms of identity theft where as most companies do not. Being licensed in insurance, I have read the one dollar policy offer by companies to the conclusion it is very limited in how much money will be paid out for certain claims. One million sounds great but I would doubt if one million would ever be paid out--it is a sells bullet point.

Kandra San Pedro, CA

Not only does legalShield and Kroll Background America check our credit 3 times a day, they have sent us numerous alerts to make sure the suspicious activity was done by us and not a criminal. When an attempt by a thief was made to purchase a home in our name, they were able to intervene and stop the crime from happening. This is true peace of mind.

ryan bernard Denver, CO

I did extensive research and purchased their Identity Theft program which is handled by Kroll Advisory. Kroll, is the industry monster in protecting and rebuilding your credit in the event your Id is stolen. They are the go to company for many of the U.S. agencies when dealing with identify and other matters... I Have yet to have any ID theft since I have them, however, I'm assured that in the event of a major or even monitor your ID, they bring you back to pre theft status, unlike the other ID services, they rebuild my credit and sign an investigator and if needed they use Legal Shield as the legal backstop to protect all aspect of identity!! I'm assured, with Legal Shield and Kroll, I'm not told how to rebuild my credit and don't have to spend the 400-500 hours and deal with all the headaches!! I have found that Kroll is the best, every company that I researched for ID theft had disclaimers as to rebuilding your credit and Lifelock I found was sued by 23 State Attorney Generals Office for fraud and it appears you have to prove to them or sue them to have them rebuild your credit, they tell you how and you have to spend the 100's hours to do it yourself!!! If only I could find a company that fills my health care, vision, dental for $20-30 per month. Also, what is truly amazing you are covered with Legal Shield in so many areas of my life that I never thought of!!! This company is not a scam or fraud they are the real deal and I still can't believe that they exist!!! They have truly provided a product that allows the one to live and more and worry less as the company slogan states, One of the few companies that truly walks the talk!!

Steve Emerick Parkville, MD

Covers all kids in the house up to age 26 now, so one payment covers the entire household. Combine that with comprehensive restoration by the 800 pound gorilla that is Kroll, and you have the most robust and least expensive ID Theft protection product on the market.

Ilene Flushing, NY

I have had the LegalShield legal and ID theft plan for over 10 years and from my experience this is the absolute best service available on the market today, hands down!!! I have used it on so many occasions over the years and have never been disappointed – not to mention the thousands of dollars I have saved for both legal and ID theft issues! LegalShield has been around for over 40 years and the same goes for Kroll who provides the complete restoration services for ID theft victims. Kroll is literally the world leader in fraud solutions and their experienced, licensed investigators do all the work on your behalf should you or an immediate member of your family becomes a victim. Other companies don't even come close to this type of “no hassle” protection/restoration plan since they are not equipped to provide complete restoration without time limits for all kinds of identity theft (financial, medical, social security, criminal, etc.). Unfortunately, you won't find that out until something happens and a limited scope of protection is revealed as I have seen happen with friends who had other plans when identity theft and/or legal issues struck. Be sure to read in between the lines…as of right now there are 103 ID theft protection plans being compared on this website with a total of 551 reviews for all of the plans combined. And 122 of those 551 reviews are for LegalShield alone, the most reviews posted for any id theft service listed on this website. Somehow, LegalShield ranks #3 and was given a score of 7.6, when the average scoring of 122 ACTUAL USERS is a high score of 9.6 !!! And then you have LifeLock, ranking #1 and given a score of 9.5 when there is a significantly lower average scoring of 6.1 from only 44 ACTUAL USERS. I do realize this website has specific criteria that are used to arrive at their scores; however, the best resource for ratings is always going to be most accurate from the people who are using the product! Overall, I can happily say the plans pay for themselves (and then some) and I would NEVER be without them. I hope this helps you. Read the reviews, do your homework and see for yourself…the proof is in the pudding!

Sasha Baltimore, MD

In the world that we live in today, we'd better be protected when and if identity theft, predatory lenders, unscrupulous collection agencies come to find us. I've had LegalShield with the Identity Theft plan and have had to use the top of the line lawyers (#4 in our state) to handle my name being using in another state and bogus medical bills sent (that were already paid) demanding payment from a collection agency. You see, they bought the list of accounts/bills from the medical company and the company failed to tell them that I had settled and paid the lesser amount already agreed on. The collection agency was trying to collect on the amount that had been forgiven by the medical company. I can only wonder how many people are being scammed by that one. LegalShield also went to my defense against a nationwide company for shoddy work. The lawyers told me that it didn't look like things were going in my favor (because of previous documents that were signed) but they still made a few more calls. The decision was reversed and I was saved over $1000. Here's the thing...they can't promise anything because they work with the laws on the books. But I'd rather have LegalShield at the price of $17 and Identity Theft for $9.95 per month (they'll even split the payments to bill two separate times of the month from two different accounts) than not to have it, especially in this litigious society.

Frank Madison, WI

I've personally done comparison. The services offered by LegalShield are by far the best value. The other plans' price are per person. Legalshield covers member, spouse and up to 8 minors for one cost. When you consider the other services offered beyond the Identity Theft services, the value increases ten-fold. Nobody does what LegalShield and Kroll do. I won't be without it!

Elvira Newtown, PA

Monitoring is great. Restoration is better! 20 years ago my info was given in a traffic stop. The person was speeding thru a red light. The ticket was not paid. The State issued a DL in my name and then suspended it. In Dec of 2012 I found all this out when applying for a Pennsylvania DL. The DMV in TN told me I had to appear in court in TN to testify that in May of 1991 that was not me who received the ticket. The investigator at Kroll informed me that my name was one of the alias of the person who committed the crime and their criminal record was extensive. Kroll cleaned all of this criminals info out of my file. Then he advised me of documents I need to carry with me when I travel outside of the company. He then informed me that if this thief showed up in my records again they would be there to restore for me again. I did not have to travel to TN. In one week my good record was restored and I was able to get a new drivers license with a clean history.

Bill Las Vegas, NV

Yes I use Identity Theft shield by Legal Shield and its great They teamed up with krill and I think that they know more about protecting identity than anyone else.

Carolynn Cupertino, CA

I LOVE my LegaShield & Kroll plans!

Ann Marie Smith Mccormick, SC

I appreciate the ability to ask questions, often, and the person on the other end makes me feel as though they really like the fact that I called and are eager to help. When I hear about a breach, I don't worry. I've got the best.

Mike Connolly Chicago, IL

Membership is much more comprehensive than other products I researched. Also the least expensive, and we don't even need coverage for children. I have only had one need for the services thus far, but it was great being able to have an ongoing one-on-one relationship with a bonded, licensed, experienced professional rather than with a 'customer service rep' like the other ID Theft services provide. Peace of mind is priceless, but when it comes at even a LOWER COST than with other similar services, it's more than priceless.

anthony

Great services. When bank of america, LA fitness tried to take advantage legal shield stepped in and submitted letters on my behalf. On those 2 occasions I saved roughly $160. That's 5 months worth of membership.

Pamela IL

Attorney response time was excellent and very knowledgeable about various issues. Impressed that they are the ONLY company that guarantees total restoration with the ID Theft plan.

Gerald gabrirle Newark, NJ

I have this service for three years and when you consider all the features it's the least expensive product.

Gina Summerfield, FL

Legal Shield has saved me thousands. Here is the thing. The folks on the other end of the phone are attorneys. AV rated attorney, however, they can't change the law. If they can't do anything for you they are being truthful to you and they don't take thousands from you first then tell you they can't help you they let you know up front. If they can help you they will and 90% of issues are covered under the monthly premium. There are some things that require retention but it will save you money. Also if you choose to cancel your policy you have to send in a written request. It's a legal service every request must be in writing. You are not under a contract and are free to cancel in any time. You must put it in writing!!!!!! I love the legal and identity theft service and I would take away another expense before I let go of this.

Roland Schriever Chesterfield, MO

Outstanding protection, plus they helped raise my credit score by showing me ways to improve it.

Bill Charlotte, NC

I am a Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist (CITRMS®) and I can tell you that the LegalShield Identity Theft plan combined with the legal plan for $29.90 a month (and Yes, there is a $10 enrollment fee the 1st month) for the entire immediate family (up to 8 children under the age of 18), is HANDS DOWN, the best id theft protection you will find in America. This is true for two reasons. 1. It provides Restoration and access to attorneys, nationwide, which will be needed in most cases of id theft.

james Fredericksburg, VA

i have used several plans. Now that I have this one through LegalShield and Kroll, I'm done. No need to look elsewhere. This is by far the best.

Don Thompson Cape Coral, FL

I've been a member for over 10 years. My sister-in-law has used LegalShield's Identity Theft Plan to help with ID Restoration and just last week, I had to call on a credit card fraud issue and got great help! I also own the Legal Plan they offer and have used it numerous time for preparing my will, a traffic ticket, and a letter to an airline who stranded us. They helped me get a $1,500 credit with the airline.

Susanna Port Orchard, WA

I think more needs to be said about the power of the GOOD and what the major differences are between LegalShield identity theft protection and the other guys. Look more into Kroll, they are investigators who do the full Restoration of many different types of identity breaches... what can other companies really do about medical, criminal or drivers license identity theft? And the reason behind LegalShield marketing Kroll services is... When you have an identity breach, you have a legal problem. The power of this service is unmatched. When my mother 1st enrolled, you should have seen her fear when this service found 4 identity breaches and her relief in less then 2 weeks that they were all completely removed from her identity. I have friends who were helped with there drivers license being used in states they have never been in. Warrens were issued for her arrest for a DUI she didn't commit. That's were the 24/7 Emergency Line to your attorney is vital along with the Kroll restoration. As far as the BAD, this service is sold by everyday people through network marketing and human error in that process is why some people mess up the price. The service itself should be dammed as less superior because of its marketing method.

michael Lexington, KY

we are extremely happy with the service.

Mindy Denver, CO

Love the attorney access. The identity theft makes me feel secure.

Tommy S West Palm Beach, FL

Identity theft is not only credit issues and that's where Legalshield and Kroll have the best combination in the industry

Annette Plainfield, IL

This is a great service. I have consulted with my attorneys on several matters within the last several months. They call back promptly. They LISTEN! Everything I have wanted has been included in my monthly price. Identity theft is the best out there!

Lisa Pittsburg, CA

I will never be without my LegalShield and ID theft services! I may not always get the result or answer I want but I know I always get the law.

Michelle Chicago, IL

Had it and the Legal plan over 8 years. Had only 1 id theft incident that they took care of great. Love the services

Sandra Southfield, MI

Some of this info is misleading. They only mentioned the premium plan, leading people to think they have to pay $29.95 a month. LegalShield/KROLL also has a "Basic" plan for only $9.95. I have the Basic plan and they called me on Easter Sunday. After a few security questions, they told me my identity was being compromised. They shut down my accounts and handled everything for me. And that was the Basic plan. All u had to do was go to the bank and pick up a new card. I will never be without LegalShield or KROLL ever again in life.

Ted Bell

Aside from being addicted to utilizing attorneys after having used my plan 70 times, the Identity Theft Premium program is simply phenomenal! This is the only plan that allows you to enter all of your bank accounts, debit and credit cards, passport, phone numbers, emails, medical numbers, and driver's license to be monitored. This is the best!

RJ MN Minneapolis, MN

LegalShield is absolutely amazing! I had a very scary case of Medical Identity Theft and their Fraud Investigators helped mitigate and respond to my issue immediately and effectively. As a member I also have access to my attorney any time I want. They prepared my Will, helped me with a traffic issue, review all of my contracts and so much more. I would never be without my LegalShield card. By the way I used to be a member of Lifelock and their service is terrible. They couldn't even answer basic questions for me when I asked about my contract. More frustrating then anything to be perfectly honest.

Gene Monroe, NC

We've had fantastic service from LegalShield. My wife was notified by text in seconds that an activity took place on her credit report. We called LegalShield to understand what took place, it turned out that the activity was a note was updated on one of items in her credit report. So, they will even update you when small things take place. That's a big comfort for us.

Karen Portland, OR

I have used them so many times annually saving thousands. Over billing on cable bill, parking ticket $34 trivial yet wrongfully given, document review on my car, gym membership, home and investor purchases,refund on airline ticket, credit on bad cell service and much more. Also at times I've called and gotten the good the bad and the ugly. Once in a great while I call and LegalShield writes a letter and the other party does nothing, yet I am not out 100 ' s to get the bad news. I once got an attorney not as invested in helping me, so I called the Lawfirm and they changed my Council. Also I have their ID theft premium with no issues yet. Two of my friends also have the same and Val ' s issue was resolved in 2 days, Bobbie had a stolen character nightmare with felonies warrants in 3 states, in about 4 months all was resolved! Another friend Suzanne has a highly advertised provider, thinks they walk on water, yet 2 1/2 years later still dealing with it. Crazy yet some just don't get it (:

Taylor Vancouver, WA

I've been a member for almost 6 yrs. love the access to attorneys. They really do help simplify life's complications and its so great to even call on small things and be proactive. I've never broken the law but has used them at least 80 times in 6 yrs. why research the Internet when I can call an attorney to get the right answer the 1st time. As for their identity theft program, nothing beats it! Total peace of mind knowing they do full restoration not resolution like the other companies and it's backed by license investigators that help with all the other areas like medical, criminal irs etc. I would be totally overwhelmed and lost if I had to do it myself, even with instructions. Really who has the extra time.

SaraMichael Denver, CO

I have been a member since 2009 and have received alerts on occasion through the years one of which could have been a huge disaster. Having the attorneys on hand to council my actions has led to me having over $1200.00 returned to me. As your bottom line stated the largesse plan is higher in cost but personally I feel safer working with a company that is very well established and has both attorneys and Kroll to work with.

Ginger Watsontown, PA

Legal Shield is good if there are participating providers in your area. But here in Central PA there are none. I was assigned an non participating attorney and he wasn't very good. When I called Legal Shield to ask if he was a participating attorney or an outside attorney, I was told he was participating. I found out later he wasn't. I don't even know if I got an discount on his services because he wouldn't provide his regular fees of tell me what sort of discount I received. When I called Legal Shield they told me they couldn't give me any of that information. I'm thinking about canceling my membership because I don't think it does me any good in this area,

dave Silverton, OR

My social security number was hacked two years ago and LS was on it and did all the work for me fixing it. Saved me a lot of stress and time and money. I've had this service for five years now. Several id theft threats and situations handled smoothly and thoroughly. When you call, a LIVE PERSON answers the phone. No “pressing One for this dept., etc. Lifelock has been sued multiple times by states attorney generals, so I chose Legalshield and we've been very satisfied with them. Great price for our whole family, too.

Tamara Higgs Lake Hiawatha, NJ

LegalShield was the best choice I could have ever made ! They are EXACTELY who they advertise to be! They helped me with every last case I had! I feel protected, safe and stress free with LEGALSHIELD!

Suzette Kooyman Phoenix, AZ

I have had the services for 16 years and would go without any other service before I would ever go without my legal shield plan. It offers a true peace of mind. My sister in law has life lock and she is always confused about what is expected of her since she discovered an identity theft issue. I have had several personal friends that have had identity theft issues birth after getting the service and even before the service. In the five situations that I know about first hand Krill did all the work and gave them peace of mind and allowed them to get on with their life while they fixed the damage. In one car the guy had been fighting with it for over 10 years! Krill had everything fixed within 45 days! As for the added services that is mentioned above those pretty much for a home based business or other small of businesses. They allow you customize your needs so that you are not paying for anything that you don't currently need. They do that to allow you to grow with your business. The identity theft plans are very comprehensive the only add on that could be tied to the identity theft section that you are evaluating would be the extended trail defense that would be very helpful when a person is getting sued for nit paying on a debt a thrift had created. The other thing in doing my own 3rd pay research is that Legal Shield covers all five areas of identity theft. Medical is the number one problem in Utah. Most of the other plans do not cover that area.

Rob Alexandria, MN

Love it best plan I could get

Sylvia Journiette Salem, VA

I was very disappointed with the attorney that I spoke to. She offered no help for my problem with my medical insurance company. I had to ask her to send a letter on my behalf; which she did. No one has contacted me as a follow up to see if problem corrected. This was my first time of requesting representation and I feel that I have paid my fee for nothing. After reading the reviews, maybe I was connected with a "slacker" who didn't want to do anything. I am considering canceling this service.

Joe Malatia Lombard, IL

The fact that you have full restoration and access to attorneys puts this product far and above any other in the industry!

Sam Saint Petersburg, FL

Amazing service for the price

Mike B Tualatin, OR

This service is the one coverage I own that has saved me more than it cost. I've owned the Legal plan for 17 years and the ID theft shield for 10.

Jason Zhang Houston, TX

Complete trash service. Provided all the documents they requested for a collections letter (sublease contract, invoices, statements), lawyer can't even spend the time to figure out how to arrive at the amount owed, claiming "I'm not an accountant". The charges are actually itemized in the statement and we even provided individual invoices to backup the statement. Subsequently told us our sublessee is not responsible for utilities, completely missing a whole paragraph in the sublease contract which clearly states the sublessee is responsible for utilities, maintenance and repairs. Their lawyers apparently aren't required to pass elementary mathematics nor have the ability to read.

Andrea Delano, CA

This service has help me on serveral identity breaches. They are responsible and extremely reliable service

Sundae North Las Vegas, NV

My boyfriend add me to his policy at no in mid 2007. A few months latter he heard me in a discussion on the phone with a well known cell phone company. That company demanded payment for services I never requested, in a different state, and 6years previous. At the time I had been living in Las Vegas for over a decade. For 3 months I had been trying to fix the problem with no resolution. One call to my Legal Shield attorney was all it took. A month later I got an apology letter, charges removed and my credit report restored. The cell phone company came to the conclusion that I have been a victim of identity theft. Thank you Legal Shield identity theft protection plan.

Joseph Freeman Savannah, GA

Absolutely amazing services!

TIRIA Humphrey Pekin, IL

Great Service to have! Means less worries for me and my Family!

Jules Moore Elk Grove, CA

Great service that I've had it for years. It works!