LegalShield IDShield Logo

LegalShield IDShield

6.9

SaraMichael Denver, CO

I have been a member since 2009 and have received alerts on occasion through the years one of which could have been a huge disaster. Having the attorneys on hand to council my actions has led to me having over $1200.00 returned to me. As your bottom line stated the largesse plan is higher in cost but personally I feel safer working with a company that is very well established and has both attorneys and Kroll to work with.

dave Silverton, OR

My social security number was hacked two years ago and LS was on it and did all the work for me fixing it. Saved me a lot of stress and time and money. I've had this service for five years now. Several id theft threats and situations handled smoothly and thoroughly. When you call, a LIVE PERSON answers the phone. No “pressing One for this dept., etc. Lifelock has been sued multiple times by states attorney generals, so I chose Legalshield and we've been very satisfied with them. Great price for our whole family, too.

Donny Short Upper Marlboro, MD

I had it before I began to sell it. The company instructs to be very transparent when it comes to fees and what is and is not covered. I suspect that any problems stem from the exuberance of a new Associate. I've had to "clean up" some of those and when properly explained, they keep the membership. In a nutshell, it is the best value as it delivers FAR more than it costs.

[email protected] Los Angeles, CA

LegalShield is perfect for the "Normal (middle to low class) People! They provide EVERYTHING that rich people pay thousands for, but for little to nothing! I got a free Will- almost most Americans don't have one due to the fact they are so expensive- and I have spoken to at least 4 attorneys for different matters, and not charged an extra penny! Their customer service is out of this world! And NOBODY offers restoration if your identity is truly stolen! EVERYBODY should have this service!

Lakeysha Brown Longwood, FL

Had the services over 12 years now. Has saved my family way over $30,000. Was a victim of what is called account takeover. Some made duplicate of my debit card. They were making purchases while my original card was still in my wallet. My card was shut down once I reported it. The bank said that it will take time to investigate then issue a credit after investigation. One call from attorney and a provisional credit was issue immediately. Peace of mind can't put a price on the value.

Jolene Dallas, TX

I have had this service for over 10 years. The investigators spent hours helping me with recovery of my identity and there was no claim form, no out of pocket expenses, and the only time I had to spend on it was the phone call to start the process. I did not get a "do it yourself" kit where I had to figure anything out. And the attorneys are an invaluable resource! I will never be without it.

Jack Mount Juliet, TN

I have had this product for 12 years and would not be without it. What makes it superior to everything else I have been exposed to is the restoration side of it. Monitoring is great for early detection but once you are aware you are a victim then the problems really start. That where LegalShield's partnership with Kroll really pays off because these guys are simply the best!

J Stamm Kalamazoo, MI

Legal Shield offers lawyers 24/7 which the others do not..Having needed lawyers as well as Identity Control ,I am pleased to be offered both for my children and myself. the cost for both is minimal when I compare the ease to access of a lawyer throughout the United States as well as Kroll protection on my sensitive papers {Social Security ,passport,debit cards even phone numbers] they have all covered

Raynaldo Decatur, GA

Bottom Line Best Identity Theft Shield by LegalShield. How; Full Restoration Services, Assigned Private Investigators, It's more than your Credit.. Your Drivers License, Medical Records, Social Security, Character/Criminal. LegalShield addresses the entire issue. The rest only monitor your credit report and financial accounts. Don't let all the others fool you into thinking your protected.

Mindy Denver, CO

I have had the legal and identity theft coverage for almost 4 years. I use the attorneys all of the time for trival issues, like getting over-charged on a tow or getting a refund from my cell phone company. I also have used them to help walk through the eviction process of a bad renter. The identity theft is great. Right now I have the premium because I like having more monitoring. However, what matters to me the most is that if my identity is stolen, someone else deals with it.

eldridge Potomac, MD

i will admitt when i see other lower prices it make me look but then i read what other companies offer and i think i will stay with this company i like getting the alerts don't get any credit reports thats cool but i have used the law firm that is assigned to me and they are local i had a different incident and it was handled. if life lock can show me how they are better i will look into it

Peter Catalano Houston, TX

Good site and information. To get an accurate, apples to apples comparison, look at LegalShield's premium plan. It's not the credit monitoring that concerns me, it's the monitoring of my health insurance card, ss number, name and address use - all on the web that has me using this service. Plus, I like that Kroll assigned a licensed investigator should my identity be compromised. It gets restored without question.

David Smith Waldorf, MD

I am a LegalShield Member and the information in this article is not entirely accurate. The Identity Theft Plan offers much more then is shown here, possibly because it was improved after this was written. With that, the price of their premium plan, while higher than the cost shown in this article, is comparable to other IDT plans. The cost benefit of LegalShield's plan is still that it covers an entire family instead of each individual like most other companies. To see the features of the updated IDT plan go to www.legalshield.com/legalshield-plans/identity-theft

Dave Norby De Forest, WI

I had a $25 charge from a restaurant in Geneva, Switzerland on my business credit card. I immediately called LegalShield and they put me in touch with a licensed investigator from Kroll Advisory Services. He told me what to do to get a new card in a few days and he put a 90 day fraud alert on my other two credit cards. He said they deal with this on a daily basis and assured me he would check the monitoring and let me know if anything was happening. Two months later I was credited back the $25 and my identity across the board has been clean ever since. Fantastic!

George Andaluz Port Huron, MI

I received a letter in the mail from the State of Texas mentioning my address and social security number, but someone else's name. I contacted LegalShield to consult with an investigator who ran a scan on my social security number for any changes in my personal information. He verified that no changes has been made to my information and concluded that it was a data entry error. He recommeded that I contact the department in Texas of the discrepancy the correct the issue. Although I could have called the department directly first, but I felt much better that I was able to verify that there was no activity because of the issue.

Lauren Baugh Tampa, FL

Actually attended at seminar for them and was highly empressed of representatives and Business model!

Juan vega

I got this company to protect my identity so far my experience is being great they found my social security in the dark web and is been on top of it to keep me informed

Alexandra J. Austin ,

I lost my wallet and my money. I called the fraud investigators they immediately closed my credit cards, made sure my identity wasn’t stolen, and I was restored without have any fraudulent occurrences. They also notified all three credit bureaus without me calling anyone. My panic went from worrying to piece of mind instantly.

J.Malik District Heights, MD

For what the service does, it's a Great service for the cost. Used it on so many occasions and loved the outcome. Will Highly recommend the company and the service any day of the week. Wouldn't find myself without this service. It simply amplifies my voice. Love it.!!!

Lori Maple Hill, KS

I have found great satisfaction with Kroll Fraud Solutions. They have been there in my time of need and their private licensed investigators have cleaned up my mess without me having to miss work or time away from my family. Thank you ID Shiekd.

Dave Hall Salt Lake City, UT

Great company, they have caught fraudulent activity numerous times and resolved it every time. It's so nice to have the ability to also speak with an attorney also since my family has the legal plan they offer to. This plan has not only protected us for over a decade, but made us a fortune using the service proactively.

Kathleen Oswego, IL

I had a charge on my card that wasn't mine. I called the bank and they emailed me a form to complete and they would get back to me in 3 days. I called IDShield, spoke to an investigator, he called my bank and I got a new card in 2 Days...

DjWebb Bakersfield, CA

I have had my IDShield plan for a few years. The peace of mind that we feel each and every day is worth the price. With all the bad stuff going on today this is just one area that we don't worry about because I know they have our backs :)

V. Elliott Los Angeles, CA

I was always frightened when shopping online or giving out my personal information. As a member of IDShield since 2003, Ive had peace of mind knowing that Kroll Advisory Solutions has got my back should anyone mess with me! Also love the price, the monthly monitoring alerts and 24/7 access.

Mary Bowie, MD

I have had the IDShield/LegalShield service for nearly two years. I have had a few issues regarding my ID information and was able to talk to a Fraud Investigator that gave me excellent advice and reassurance. Very efficient, friendly and helpful no matter how small or big my question was. I am very pleased with their service.

Brett Idaho Falls, ID

I've been with legal shield for 10 years. I know I can pick up the phone and call about an issue, even if I'm not sure whether it's ID Theft or not. And they tell me what I can do or in some cases they take care if it on their end.

Clayton Biewer Visalia, CA

This is the best service I have had. I have been a member of IDShield for a Long time. They even sent me a notice when one of my email accounts was being offered for sale with a password. I was able to change all the accounts with that emails address before any problems happened.

Lisa Moorpark, CA

IDshield is amazing. I compromised my own identity and IDShield folks kept me calm and got it fixed with no work on my part. I've had other services which didn't give me the personal service IDshield did. And they were available at 9 at nite! Incredible !

SCP Greenbrae, CA

LegalShield has offered the most comprehensive Identity Theft Protection services for over 20 years. I received an email alert and was able to contact my Licensed Investigator at Kroll who helped me completely restore my identity and notify all three credit bureaus. My children are being monitored as well at no additional cost to my Family Plan.

Rick Cincinnati, OH

Exceptional value for my money. Covers the entire family and has Kroll as the service provider. These are real professionals and investigators not a call center that distributes information. They have been doing ID Theft consulting and protection longer than anyone in the market. Won't ever be without it!

Stanley Johnosn Washington, DC

I was going to do a reverse mortgage on my home to secure the cash for my future medical expenses. I am 96 years old and paid off my home years ago. I spoke to my Legal Shield elder law attorney before I signed the reverse mortgage and was told that I qualified for a Medicaid Waiver which allowed me to keep my home and car and money in the bank and still get the care I need. I could not be more grateful for the elder law attorneys with whom I speak frequently to ask questions.

Jack Long Beach, CA

I have complete peace of mind receiving email alerts if anything looks suspicious on my credit report. Even better, knowing that LegalShield will go in and restore my identity in the event I become a victim lets me sleep stress-free through the whole night.

Steve Emerick Parkville, MD

Covers all kids in the house up to age 26 now, so one payment covers the entire household. Combine that with comprehensive restoration by the 800 pound gorilla that is Kroll, and you have the most robust and least expensive ID Theft protection product on the market.

Annette Plainfield, IL

This is a great service. I have consulted with my attorneys on several matters within the last several months. They call back promptly. They LISTEN! Everything I have wanted has been included in my monthly price. Identity theft is the best out there!

Ted Bell

Aside from being addicted to utilizing attorneys after having used my plan 70 times, the Identity Theft Premium program is simply phenomenal! This is the only plan that allows you to enter all of your bank accounts, debit and credit cards, passport, phone numbers, emails, medical numbers, and driver's license to be monitored. This is the best!

Susan Mercer GA

I have used the services over 300 times.most of which the service was absolutely incredible.The few times that it didn't help were not for a lack of service but rather the situation was not as cut and dry as I thought it was. I love getting immediate notifications when something crops up and the peace of mind is powerful.

William Jacksonville, FL

LegalShield IDT protection to my family and it really awesome protection in 100% restoration, I love this service to help and support my family to protection, LegalShield and Kroll company for 42 years in ranking number one company in nation wide network.

Jerry Frizell Huntington Beach, CA

This outstanding proactive coverage for my family has been a priceless benefit. We're grateful to own the membership knowing we have the security and peace of mind that our identity and legal rights are covered. Thank you LegalShield

Rich Katz

I have been a Legalshield member for two years. The combination of Legal and Identity Theft protection provides real peace of mind. I sleep better knowing that I have, I believe, the industry's best and most affordable Identity Theft and Legal services package for my family.

Wil Studio City, CA

Used an attorney once in my life before having the service, and that was to pay a lot of money to do our Wills. Used the service about 23 times in the last 3 years, because we can! Saved several thousand dollars, and we wouldn't be without it. And we're about to do our Wills again, and it won't cost us any extra.

Marleen Gig Harbor, WA

I have been a LegalShield member for over 10 years. Family & IDT plan. Also when I was a Small Biz owner we had the Small biz legal plan...so helpful whenever we had issues with our landlord, contract reviews, HR issues and so much more. LegalShield is a Sanity Saver!

Victoria D Westminster, CA

I have been a member of Legal Shield since 2005. I believe the more you use it the more you become adept at navigating and how to use it. I have made phone calls in the thousands of dollars had I retained an attorney through normal means. I also found out my daughter's social security number had been used for credit since she was 11 and she is still a minor. Kroll & LS have made sure her report is flagged in all credit bureaus and not available to access for more credit. So by the time she is 18 her file will be clear. I love LS. The more you use it the more you'll love it too!

Dustin woods

Never have used the id theft sevice yet but i have used the legal part of my membership. Nothing but outstanding. It gives you piece of mind knowing i have the best id theft company backing me up Kroll inc. and if my id is stolen i have attorneys to help as well. A true win win

Corky Edwards Madison, WI

I am a licensed investigator and this is the only service I recommend. LegalShield's service is backed by the oldest and largest investigative firm in the world with over 40 years of experience. This company provides comprehensive identity protection and full restoration. There are no gimmicks like million dollar guarantees and ridiculous claims about preventing identity theft. Unfortunately ID theft cannot be fully prevented, and that why a service like this with full restoration services is a must.

Rai Pahoa, HI

The peace of mind of having full restoration benefit through Kroll and not just credit monitoring is why I have this service. Kroll is the worlds leading risk management co. It's an extra sense of security for me. Also, my signficant other and daughter are covered under 1 plan without additional cost. What a value.

Tim Kennewick, WA

Great company that not only covers Financial Identity Theft but also covers Medical, Social Security, Drivers License and Character Identity Theft. But most important is their "Restoration" service through Kroll. No one actually assigns a private investigator from Kroll like they did for my case.

Michael Bishop WA

My Premium plan shows my name associated with three different addresses. Luckly they are actually places I've lived and worked. I'm amazed how fast the alerts come and how comprehensive the reporting is. I feel like it's a great deal of the price.

Edward

The Kroll ID Theft offered exclusively through LegalShield is much more than credit reports and a customer service center like most other id theft products. I'm empowered every time I call my licensed investigator, it's an awesome experience and valuable service I wouldn't be caught without!

Ron R Grand Junction, CO

They cleaned up a medical identity theft for me. I was told it can take a person 2 or more years to do it on their own and they had it completely cleaned up in several weeks. I don't think any of the other companies do the restoration for you with licensed investigators. Thank you Legal Shield.

Joe Campana Madison, WI

This is the only product that provides complete identity restoration meaning they (not you) will do whatever it takes for as long as it takes to restore your identity. This company also has a premium protection plan that exceeds anything else available.