Trane Logo
LAST UPDATED: June 30th, 2022

Trane has been in the HVAC business for more than 120 years. Tracing its history back to its roots in La Crosse, Wisconsin, Trane has now grown to become an international brand with HVAC services in countries like Australia and Russia. Trane has provided its HVAC services to the Olympic Sports Complex in Greece and the Kremlin in Russia.

The Good

• Limited Warranty
  • Experience
  • Savings and Offers

Limited Warranty

Every Trane product comes with a basic limited warranty which covers parts that need repair but does not cover the cost of labor. Each product warranty does vary in term length, but potential customers can expect a warranty to be anywhere from 1- to 20-year long warranties.

Experience

HVAC companies that have been around for 120 years don’t survive that long without providing quality service and products. Even though employees at Trane have provided HVAC services to big names like the Kremlin, they claim to still care about the homes of individual clients. In other words, its huge brand does not get in the way of Trane providing the quality service of a smaller HVAC company.

Savings and Offers

The Trane website has a Savings and Offers page which outlines some great deals that any potential customer would be interested in. Though the website doesn’t offer much information about pricing, it will comfort potential customers to know that Trane cares about saving you money.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Fees
  • Pricing Guide

Undisclosed Fees

Though Trane does provide information about possible warranty options, it doesn’t disclose any information about possible fees that customers can expect. Admittedly, pricing can difficult to determine, with the range of pricing depending greatly on location, climate, etc., but the company could be more transparent about what fees it charges.

Pricing Guide

Because pricing is greatly dependent upon several different factors, most companies are reluctant to provide estimates before in-home inspections. Trane’s website does have a tab for pricing, but it doesn’t actually provide any information. It simply states that estimates are difficult because it varies greatly according to location, ductwork, and construction history.

The Bottom Line

Trane has proven itself over the 120 or so years of being in business. Customers don’t have to worry about lack of expertise, quality, or professionalism when it comes to Trane’s service or products. There may be some who might be worried about the lack of pricing information on its website, but Trane’s reluctance to provide such information is extremely common in the industry—you will be hard-pressed to find a company that does provide such information. Despite such transparency issues, Trane is a professional and proven provider of HVAC systems. We highly recommend that potential customers contact Trane for their HVAC needs

View Top Rated Companies

Ralph Walls Mullica Hill, NJ

Trane was recommended to me by a friend. I heard of them before but never used them. I was very impressed with their service and quality of work. My Trane AC is still working great . I would definitely recommend giving them a call if your in need of good AC work.

World Traveler Ashburn, VA

I like Trane. My HVAC system is Trane and so far I'm happy with it. It's all about maintaining the system in good working condition and it will last many years. I had to replace the blower motor once and Trane was helpful in helping me find the correct part as it was out of warranty.

Mario Martin Huntsville, TX

A few years earlier the unexpected happened during the beginning of the month of June (in Houston) and my a/c failed. Immediately, with an obviously since of urgency I contacted a few recommended a/c service technicians. Frustration began to set in when the a/c service technicians began to differ with the cause of my a/c unit, the repair dialysis and of course the estimated cost and inconveniences of project. After 2 weeks of confusion and conflicting information, I decided to go with a recommendation to contact Trane. My initial contact started me in the direction of the most "stress free" process I could have imagined. My "Trane" a/c professional assured that my entire experience would be favorable by her knowledge, experience, and professionalism. With the confidence in Trane's a/c experience and expertise, I was able to get my a/c service with quality repairs and budget friendly options. Needless-to-say, of course there was some additional cost, but the added security of having parts and repairs with a fantastic warranty was more than the added cost. My home a/c has never felt this amazing!

Sirdriz77 Fairfield, CT

I had Trane air conditioning equipment at my old job and was in charge of working with local technicians to maintain and occasionally repair the equipment. Generally speaking, the equipment was very reliable and effective. Our unit was on the roof of our building and the technicians regularly came to service it. On the rare occasion that it wasn't working properly, repairs and parts were always very easy to come by. Overall quality equipment and I am looking into purchasing more from this brand for my home.

Rebecca Carter Springtown, TX

Came out and instead of replacing unit as we feared they replaced a relay switch and our unit has been heating great every since. Saved us a lot of money. Highly recommend

Alexandria Lekberg Chesterfield, VA

Our Trane has been working for 20 years and has only needed a new capacitor recently and a new valve for $150. It is still going strong. I would only buy Trane again because of their quality and how long it has lasted! Worth the money!

Frank Herbert Portland, OR

American made units are solidly made with good environmental standards. Excellent relationships with its distributors that make repair and spare parts easier. Good reviews in on-line A/C comparisons and installed at a fair price. Not the cheapest on the market but you get what you pay for these days with a reasonable expected life projected for the unit. I have one unit in my personal residence and a second unit in my daughter's condominium.

Bob Trammell Bakersfield, CA

I live in Bakersfield, CA where we get 100+ degree days 30-40 days in a normal year, so we use our AC system a lot. The most important requirement is dependability. I've had homes that used HVAC systems from 6 different companies and the most reliable has been Trane. I am currently on my second unit (the first in my current home). The original HVAC unit, installed when the house was new, lasted 10 years. My Trane is now 17 years old and it runs perfectly. It has never failed. Never. I perform a check on the system annually and I've never had to place a service call for the AC not blowing cold. The same system warms my house in the winter. The system runs efficiently, too, keeping my power bills under control. If/when I ever replace this system I will insist on another Trane. I'm hooked.

Robert Rootes Bestselling Author Fredericksburg, VA

We started out with a different HVAC company when we bought the house in 2017. The company made a lot of promises and never delivered. Later, we noticed some kinks in the cap tube lines that allowed air to get into the system. The other company we called was V.L. Jenkins and they were Trane Certified professionals. They came out to the house, assessed what needed to happen, and gave us a reasonable rate for the repairs to the system. Once they made the necessary changes, they returned a few days later when the system balanced and added a pound of refrigerant back into the system. They increased the air speed and cleaned the squirrel cage system. The air-conditioner and heater work perfect now. They left a sticker on the system so we know who to call for the maintenance. Professional and courteous service.

Ron Durfey Orem, UT

I have a Trane furnace and used to have a Trane Condensing unit for our AC. Unfortunately the Trane AC died after 12 years but I absolutely loved my Trane unit. I tried to replace it with another TRANE but it was too difficult to get one due to Covid-19 restrictions and the inability to get one for my home.

Kristiane R Durfey Orem, UT

Our previous air conditioner was a Trane and it worked very well. It was able to keep our 4200 sq foot home cool and comfortable. We never had any problems with it and it lasted almost 15 years before the motor finally gave out.

Yael Lynchburg, VA

Never any problem or issues since 2014. Quiet, works well, great contractor. Good experience. Replaced an older unit that was noisy and could not keep up. Liked my contractor, explained things well, worth the cost, highly recommend.

Erinmarie Xian Seffner, FL

A Trane technician walked us thru the process and we picked a brand new AC system (apparently our house came with one that was ill -equipped for the size!) in FL, thats not good. Trane got us up and running in no time and we've had no issues since they came out to install. Happy customers.

L Turner Avon, IN

Bought a house with a Unit already installed. Because of the last year we wanted to make sure everything was working and cleaned. An agent came out and serviced the unit quickly and professionally. Our warrenty was extended for any of our needs.

Gary Sorrento, FL

We had 2 Trane A/C units installed in our new house that we had built about 4 years ago here in Florida. They are hi-efficiency heat pump units that truly are cost-efficient. Our electric bills are very much less than we would have expected, based on the size of our home and it being in Florida. We do regular annual service inspections and haven't had any issues whatsoever. Based on our experience so far, we feel very confident with Trane and we highly recommend their products.

M. Nielsen South Bend, IN

Just purchased my new Trane furnace a few months ago and can already feel the difference it keeps my house warm and toasty and it's so quiet. Previous furnace sounded Iike an airplane taking off. I would highly recommend a Trane you can feel the quality

Loretta Narciso Phoenix, AZ

Josias was Great! He was honest and gave me the facts without trying to force a sale. He repaired my unit today. I know I will need to change it soon but I really appreciated him being honest. I requested a quote for now because I plan on changing it in the near future but right now would have been hard financially. I will definitely use this company. Thanks

Angela Chesapeake, VA

I have lived in 4 houses throughout my adult life. In that time, I can say the one time we had a Trane heat pump, it worked great! It was quiet and always kept the temp in the house to what we set it. No outside temp would be too high. The only fault I ever found was it did not last very long. It only lasted a yr passed its warranty.

Allison Ager Tallahassee, FL

I have installed two different Trane units at my home and beach house. They are quiet, efficient and I have not had any issues for 5+ years on either unit. Especially the beach unit which endures salt and harsh elements outside. Highly recommend!

Rebecca D Sterling Heights, MI

Trane’s customer service is unparalleled. They truly stand behind their warranty. Whenever we had a problem and called the customer service line they were always helpful, friendly and informative. Would definitely recommend this company.

Calista Huber Mesa, AZ

We have a Trane AC that came with the house we just bought, and they have been a great help! They transferred the warranty into our name easily, and when a part broke, it wasn't a problem to get it covered by the warranty.

Tate Huber Phoenix, AZ

I have a Trane unit and they have been extremely helpful working with me and any HVAC repair company in getting replacement parts when needed even during these hard times.

Mohamed Attia Springfield, VA

Great HVAC and all but the thermostat must be trane and mine is digital and can't work with any other thermostat. it went bad like three times in the last 7 years. I wish I have the option to use a non trane thermostat with my system

Mike D Malden, MA

The advertising is true! “It’s hard to stop a Trane!” It is just an overall great company with great product! The only thing negative I would say is they tend to be pricier up front than most, but you get what you pay for and in the end you will save money for fewer repairs!

Juan vega

I replaced my central air I used trane overall the parts and the service is been amazing I would recommend this place to anyone

Fr. Ron Nuzzi South Bend, IN

Reliable product and service. I appreciate the regular updating, service, and incorporating of new and emerging technologies.

thomas j fox Stillwater, MN

They leave a 3/4" hole large enough for a mouse to get into the wiring to build a nest, Then will not cover it when it costs $150 to repair. I expect a $4500 Central Air outside unit to be weather and pest free/ tight. Repair tech said this is a common occurrence with Trane and he does 4 or 5 of these a week. They need to fix the design flaw or cover the repair costs!!!!! Customer service was very condescending on the phone (after 4 weeks to get them to call me by bitching on their Facebook page repeatedly). They said it is an act of god if mice get in and chew wires. I think they should plug any holes to keep the mice out.

adrian avram Tampa, FL

they installed my new ac and for years it was trouble free Excellent customer service and maintenance program Parts available online and easy to replace

Steve Colella Coraopolis, PA

Excellent product and reputation. Our Trane furnace and a/c are much better than our previous equipment.

Anupom Ganguli Arcadia, CA

Used Trane 5 -ton AC for home HVAC for 5 years. Works perfectly with no noise and vibration. Excellent unit - worth the money!

Brett Schiftner Weatherford, TX

Probably the best ac unit I ever had . It lasted forever and was very economical to operate.

Jason mullins Louisville, KY

Trane will not honor their limited warranty since the previous owner did not properly register. On to of that they charge you $198 to transfer their warranty. If you say it has a 10 year limited warranty, it should not matter who owns it, you warranty your product!

cj thor Greenville, SC

Best HVAC equipment out there. The install was stress less and the installers did a great job !!

WT

I had a technician come out to give me an estimate on replacing my AC unit to cool my 1700 sq ft home. The quote was 2.5 times more than the quotes I received from two other companies. I did not replace it with a Trane unit.

Kent Logan, UT

I use Trane HVAC units in rental properties and they hold up very well. No major repairs have been needed on any units for about 20 years of use.

Kishor B Laurel, MD

Good and reliable brand, have been using for over 10 years.

Luke

Awesome unit installed by courteous professional s

Mike Perrins Spring Hill, FL

Great place when my A/C went out they were there to fix it

anupam sumessur Lorton, VA

Very cost effective product. One of the best buy of the last few years.