Rheem Logo
LAST UPDATED: August 30th, 2022

Rheem was founded in California by Richard and Donald Rheem in 1925. The Rheem mission is dedicated to helping families enjoy the comforts of their homes without the hassle of worrying about warmth or cooling. Rheem claims to be “the only manufacturer in the world that produces heating, cooling, water heating, pool/spa heating and commercial refrigeration products.”

The Good

• Focused on Industry
  • Experience

Focused on Industry

Many the big brands in the HVAC industry provide services in many different industries. Rheem specializes in home comfort and HVAC products. Its products range from air conditioners, heat pumps, and gas furnaces to air handlers, oil furnaces, and indoor air quality systems.

Experience

Though it is unclear when Maytag began offering heating and cooling service, the company itself has been around since 1893. Though its experience is rooted in home appliances, it likely has learned much about the HVAC industry in its long years of supplying consumers’ homes.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Information
  • Customer Support

Undisclosed Information

Warranty information may be difficult to come by for customers who do not yet know which products they will be buying. Customers must first register their products online to discover warranty lengths. The Rheem warranty guide is supposed to show warranty information, but it is not currently available for download. Additionally, the website does not have information regarding any fees.

Customer Support

The website does not include a chat service for those who need quick information. Those who wish to learn more from a company representative must submit a formal request through the Rheem “Contact Form.” Since its website does not specify whether it runs customer support 24/7, consumers have no way of knowing how long it will be to receive answers to their questions.

The Bottom Line

Though the Rheem website is highly informative, it doesn’t present much information that customers are concerned with. Customers who want to know information about warranties aren’t able to download the warranty guide for additional information. Rheem has a big brand name, so one might expect to be able to have 24/7 customer support; however, currently, Rheem only provides customer with a contact form to be filled out. We cannot recommend that customers choose Rheem.

View Top Rated Companies

Heather Riverton, UT

We replaced our furnace and air conditioner with Rheem brand products about 7 months ago. It has worked very well. Our monthly cooling and heating bills have been less than they were before. Rheem was quite a bit less than some other brands we were looking at and it seems very comparable in quality. I was especially impressed with our service provider. He has been great to work with!! I would recommend him to anyone.

Helaine Sanford, FL

I have had my Rheem a/c heat pump since 2018. It replaced a 32 year old system. My new Rheem system is wonderful, works great and I have had no problems with it since it has been installed.

Amy N Sandy, UT

We recently needed to have our HVAC replaced. They installed a Rheem. It needed a part replaced the next day. The guy who came to fix it said that was very unusual for it to need a part the first day but that Rheem always has parts in stock. It's been working great since then.

Karl Strom Minneapolis, MN

Had to replace my aging HVAC, I contractor friend told me about Rheem. Now that it's all installed, new furnace, A-coil and condenser my house is finally cool and warm. Since I built new 16 years ago I knew the system was undersized for the SQ feet. Man what a difference. Went with the R96VA furnace and RA1636AJ condenser. It's working out very nice for comfort and very quite. Install and price were fair, and I'm an HVAC guy. I would recommend these units to anyone. It's very balanced air.

Gisele Sasser New Smyrna Beach, FL

Had to wait too long for installation, seems they are busy, but once done it works fine,I enjoyed it.

carole abel Palm Coast, FL

I moved into a 40 year old home last year. it still has the original Rheem AC unit outside and a furnace inside. they worked great for a few months when i noticed my new wood floors were buckling or warping before my eyes, and then water started seeping up from the floor. detected a clog in the AC unit's pipework. They cleaned up the water and put a bucket under the pipes and advised me to call an AC specialist- so American Home Shield sent Beaches AC to come and unplug the clogged pipe. Needless to say, my floors were completely ruined by now from a clogged pipe in my Rheem AC unit, which was functioning perfectly, except for the clogged pipe. THERE WAS NOTHING MALFUNCTIONING WITH THE RHEEM UNIT- IT IS STILL WORKING , we were advised to add a little bleach in the pipes each month to keep clogs away. Rheem AC units are great

Shoppingmom7 Dayton, OH

We had a RHEEM HVAC unit in our home since 1999 when it was originally built. We started having issues with it last year. Company and its representives are honest and not pushy. They give out fair & reasonable estimates and didnt try & push me to buy on the spot. Would def do business with them again & give a referral.

Erik Lewis Atlanta, GA

I have 4 Rheem tankless water heaters and I would never use any other manufacturer. The two I have on my house, we have 2 for volume, work incredibly well. We did add circulaters to them but that was personal preference. I have another at my business for the dishwasher and another on a rental property we have. All do wonderful jobs.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

We love our new high efficiency Rheem Air Conditioner and Furnace. We went from a Swamp cooler to a new AC with Rheem and we started to complain about the electricity bill in the summer, until we talked to our friends who don't have as good of a system set up at their house, and our electrical bill is a fraction of their cost! Great product, great efficiency!

Sharon ROGERS/Hayes Dallas, TX

I have a rheem heat pump with only 1 service call for repair in 13 years. No flies on that!

Mike D Lynchburg, VA

Had dual units installed in my home. One in attic and one in basement. Have never had a problem with the HVAC. Only negative was price was a little high. Since quality is so good, it helped to ease the disappointment with the higher cost

Jlbflatx New Braunfels, TX

Latest air conditioner was Rheem and we were very satisfied with their product. So far totally dependable unit. Works great. Good follow up service. On time, polite and clean up after installation. Very happy.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Rheem is a great resource for heating and cooling servicing. They have helped keep our condenser and cooling fans working at peak performance. They do great tune-ups and refill freon when needed. All the service needed to keep my home running well for reasonable rates.

Luke Swierczynski Waterford, MI

We absolutely love our new Rheem HVAC. Went to it after our heater and AC decided to unfortunately die within 3 months of each other. Noticeable positive difference in our utility cost given the increased efficiency.

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

Had to get a new water heater recently and I've been very happy with the Rheem we had installed. Our system has the "smart" feature and connects to my phone via an app. I like this feature a lot! I put my system on vacation mode when we are out of town and it doesn't heat water until we are on our way home.

Amrit Nandrey Brentwood, TN

Used a Rheem HVAC at my earlier home. They served us well for 11 years before the HVAC for first floor had a crack in heating system and had to replace it. The one on second floor is still going strong for 14+ years now.

Christopher Vacaville, CA

Well made and perfect for what we need. Company was attentive and wonderful to work with.

Mervin Raggs Haines City, FL

Great warranty and service. Had an issue with a recently installed system but all items and labor covered allowed for a easy repair

Tony Ottsville, PA

Purchased a Rheem 40 Gal water heater Not enough Hot water Wife took her first Cold bath Call Support Was told a 40 gal hot water heater Doesn’t supply enough water to fill a tub And...... since it’s not broke It’s just too bad😟

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

I purchased AC/Heater unit in 2016 from Honest AC (which they are nonresponsive and caused me to get an extended warranty to cover it). Within the first few months, I had to have the AC unit repaired. Since then I have had the AC unit repaired three different times and again this past week which cost me $980! Freon leaks, too much pressure, replaced compressor, replaced the land capacitor, TXV system replaced. This is unacceptable. The unit is less than 5 years old and I've had nothing but issues with it.

Devin McClellan Eagle Mountain, UT

Rheem makes an excellent unit, excellent warranty and excellent service

Rebecca Lester Salem, VA

Had a Rheem unit for several years. Great unit, low maintenance. Pleased with the product.

Philip Ciarco Orlando, FL

Great job at repairing my air conditioning