First American Home Warranty

7.3

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2021

First American Home Warranty has been an industry leader for over 35 years and has a reputation of providing quality home warranty plans with extensive coverage for homeowners across the nation. The home warranty provider has serviced millions of claims, saving homeowners more than $180 million in covered repairs and replacements.

The company has a large network of prescreened technicians so you don't have to worry about doing your own research and independently finding your own technician. Warranty coverage lasts for one year and monthly payment options are available as well. First American Home Warranty ranked in our list of Top 10 Best Home Warranty Companies of 2019.

The Good

• Decades of Experience and Company Stability
  • Comprehensive Plans
  • Coverage Limits
  • 24/7 Claims Service
  • Online Homeowner Center

Decades of Experience and Company Stability

First American has been providing home warranties since 1984. The home warranty service provider offers coverage to 30 states. Over 35 years of home warranty experience is a good indication of the company’s stability and willingness to provide quality service. Choosing a home warranty company with so much experience could be an additional benefit for homeowners.

Comprehensive Plans

First American Home Warranty currently offers two coverage plans and a variety of additional options for warranty coverage. The monthly cost for a First American Home Warranty plan starts at $28 per month and lasts for one year. The service fee varies by location, but you will typically pay $75 whenever you schedule a repair or replacement with a First American Home Warranty technician. Warranty plan holders can upgrade or expand their warranty plan within the first 30 days of coverage to add on additional systems or appliances.

First American also offers a 30-day review period for new warranty contract holders. Customizable plans are made for homeowners, real estate professionals, as well as network service providers. First American Home Warranty's website allows anyone to receive a sample contract and specific residential warranty pricing within minutes.

First American Home Warranty does not have an age limit on systems and appliances, so you don't have to worry about the company refusing coverage based on this. Warranty coverage for major appliances and systems is as follows (pricing and coverage for protection plans may vary by location):

The Basic Plan: $28 per Month or $336 per Year

• Garage door opener
  • Ductwork
  • Central vacuum system

Optional Coverage

For a fee, you can add additional coverage items to your service contract:

• Central air conditioning (electric) — $9 per month
  • Additional refrigeration — $4 per month
  • Pool/spa equipment — $15 per month
  • Well pump — $7 per month
  • First class upgrade — $9 per month

Coverage Limits

Unlike some home warranty providers, most of First American’s covered items do not carry a specific dollar limit. First American plans do not require a home inspection to be done by a contractor or maintenance records to be retrieved from a repair person for coverage. The service provider also offers extra protection for malfunctions due to lack of maintenance, regular wear and tear, rust, corrosion, and sedimentary build-up. There are no age limits on covered items, and no limit to the number of claims a customer can file.

24/7 Claims Service

No matter the time of day, customers can open a claim. First American offers a 24/7 service request hotline where you can make service calls at any time as well as a user-friendly online customer portal. First American has a nationwide network of workers and prescreens every service contractor and requires them to complete a probationary period to ensure customer satisfaction standards are met through customer survey results.

Online Homeowner Center

First American offers an easy-to-use online homeowner center for all of its customers. From this portal, a customer can open and track their claims, view their contract details, renew their home warranty, and manage communication preferences.

The Bad

• Nationwide Service Unavailable
  • First American Home Warranty Reviews
  • Extra Cost for Air Conditioning Coverage

Nationwide Service Unavailable

First American provides coverage in 30 states. There is a tool on its website that allows for a zip code lookup to determine if First American provides coverage for customers in a particular state. Unfortunately, if you are out of First American’s coverage area, you are unable to receive its services.

First American Home Warranty Reviews

First American Home Warranty has some negative reviews highlighting bad customer service, delayed and lengthy response and service time, and hidden fees on appliances. We suggest reading through First American Home Warranty reviews before making a final purchasing decision.

Extra Cost for Air Conditioning Coverage

Many home warranty providers offer air conditioning as part of their premier plan or combo plan, but First American Home Warranty only offers an AC unit as additional coverage with an extra fee you add to your chosen plan. This may be a problem for customers looking to have air conditioning as part of their prearranged plan. However, because the AC unit isn't covered in First American Home Warranty's two main plans, this is what makes the company's warranty cost cheaper than most.

The Bottom Line

With 35+ years of experience and a large network of service providers (each contractor is reviewed and put through a probation period to ensure customer satisfaction), First American Home Warranty has comprehensive protection with high coverage limits for major appliances and systems. With a competitive cost and service call fee and multiple plan options, First American Home Warranty gives you more value for your money and covers customers with flexible payment options for various budgets.

The company offers a basic plan for customers that are looking for more standard coverage, as well as a premier plan for homeowners wanting more robust coverage. Additional add-on items are also available for coverage so consumers can pick and choose other major systems and appliances they want covered. Note that First American Home Warranty only covers the wear and tear of major appliances and systems. Like most home warranty companies, First American does not cover pre-existing conditions.

When compared to other home warranty companies, First American Home Warranty has a competitive monthly cost and service fee. Some warranty providers charge upwards of $600 per year with a $100 service fee.

First American Home Warranty created its home warranty programs with not just homeowners in mind but network service providers and real estate professionals as well. Typically, for whichever home warranty plan you select, the service contract will last for one year.

If you want to learn about what customers think of the company, such as response time, customer service, and quality of repair, check out First American Home Warranty reviews below.

Call our recommended rep over at First American Home Warranty below.

3.9

bookmark

Featured Review

Lisa Hochstetler Navasota, TX

This warranty came with a house that we purchased. The customer service people were very helpful whenever I had questions. We used the service for checking our HVAC system and we paid a service fee each time of $75. We also had our electrical system checked out in the house as we had an issue with fuses blowing and they fixed it immediately. I would recommend this system.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Lisa, Thanks so much for sharing your great feedback with us regarding your recent services. We are thrilled to hear that you would recommend us! We look forward to being there for you, should you ever need us again.

Tina Loveless Anaheim, CA

Until This year I had great experiences with this company. I feel sad that customer service has gone so far down the road that it isn't recognizable. I have had a claim for new dishwasher since May 2021. I finally received and they aren't able to get a tech out to install? It was delivered on 11/19 and I called the following Monday 11/22 to schedule installation. They assigned a company that had informed them 2 weeks prior that they weren't able to do any installations due to lack of installers. I called back and the lady was very helpful and called around trying to find someone and couldn't. She said that she was going to escalate it and to give it 24-48 hours for the other department to find someone. I called back on Wednesday and was told it had only been 24 hours since the request was made??? Apparently not submitted until Tuesday?? I gave the benefit of the doubt and waited until today 11/30. The person on the phone told me I never called in to let them know that we had received the dishwasher and then proceeded to try to find me an installer. Couldn't locate so started the 48 hours over again in escalation and when I asked to talk to someone that could actually do something I was given I can't lie to you and tell you they will do it sooner and my supervisor will tell you the same thing. There is no way to actually make a complaint at this company to get resolution. I have sent an email and am ready to contact my legalsheild attorney again. Waiting to see what the email from claim review results in. Someone needs to take responsibility for incompetency. First they order a dishwasher that can't be gotten and once I finally get one that can I have it sitting in my garage. I also asked for documentation or proof, email note online in the portal something to tell me this person did their job correctly and submitted the escalation. I was told I cold call back and have someone check his notes. So sit on hold again? I just want my dishwasher installed.

Simon Seattle, WA

Whenever I did speak with someone, they were able to help me right away, or at least gave me the assurance that they were "working on it." I've had to call them back several times to get updates. Often would get a different person telling me different things. We never received confirmation emails or phone calls on the status of anything, not sure if this is a technical glitch, so make sure they can and will email you receipts and status updates. I'd log into my account and would sometimes find updates on information but there is no history in what happened, so I highly recommend you keep your own records of things!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Simon. Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that assistance was provided to your satisfactions.

May. 7th, 2021

Kathy Triplett Vicksburg, MS

In the areas related to handling my requests for services, assigning contractors, keeping me updated and every issue related to my service requests... I rate First American at the highest level! However, my only complaint is related to the promotion for referring others to First American. I have referred several customers to First American. However, because the only way that First American tracks referrals is by these individuals following an online link, neither I, nor the other customers were given the benefit rewards of the promotion. Because most new customers are going to opt to call to speak with a representative before they enlist First American’s services, they are not going to utilize the link. I think there should be another way for new customers to tell you who referred them. Otherwise, it gives the appearance that the promotion was never really intended to provide the promised rewards. Because I have been a customer for so long, I do not think this to be the case. However, newer customers might not be convinced.

Laura Glismann Blue Diamond, NV

I rate my personal contact ROB with 5 stars, and I rate the Plumbing guy VICTOR from Ideal Plumbing with 5 stars. I have to say that the phone service at general customer service needs work. They are lacking comprehensive training. I was on hold too long, one disconnected and did not call back. Chrome would not sign me in, and after changing my password, which I did not want to do, I got signed in on Safari. Once on Safari I could not locate my contract and neither could the gal who helped me on the second phone call. All I could see was a SAMPLE contract. Oh, the CHAT system is useless.

George Hot Springs Village, AR

All things considered... My only complaint is that the telephone call center personnel do not speak clear English. One would guess that the call center is not a US company and not located in the USA. I would prefer FAHW put Americans to work rather than other countries. My only experience this year took two companies to fix. The first one made three trips and failed to notice that a wire was disconnected. Instead they blamed rodents for eating the insulation. While that did happen, it was not the cause of the problem and they gave up. The second company found a disconnected wire and reconnected it - problem solved. 4 stars only.

Mar. 25th, 2021

Drew Wardlaw Madison, MS

I wish I could leave a negative star rating for how much I loathe this company. I've had a claim open with FAHW since July of 2021 that is yet to be resolved. They have assigned a person from claims escalation depart Melissa V that has yet to contact me regarding my claim #310803024. This company should change their name to Last American Home Warranty because they are the last people I ever want to deal with again!!

Vernon Matthews Midlothian, VA

My last experience with them was horrible. The person in customer support was extremely rude and condescending. I am actively looking for a new service now. I have been with FAH for over 10 years and this last time was enough to look else where. I never leave bad reviews because I am a business owner and know that customers can be unrealistic at times. But if you pay for a service every month and when the time to use that service you don't want to wait 2 weeks to get service.

L. K. Jackson, MS

I wish I could give zero stars. They are HORRIBLE and very difficult to deal with. The time between requesting service and actually getting someone to your house is ridiculously long, even for emergencies. There are several hidden loop holes that end up requiring you to have to pay out of pocket (we have already paid over 1k out of pocket this month). STAY AWAY from them. They may claim to cover a lot, but that is provided that your emergency happens within business hours, and you can wait several days (sometimes weeks) for it to be addressed. Their practices are unethical. I was forced to pay for my own plumber when raw sewage was spewing out of my drains in my house because, oops.. the emergency wasn't during business hours after they FAILED to send someone the previous week when the request was made.

Luke McKeever Mechanicsburg, PA

UPDATE 9/23/2021: FAHW has escalated my claim back to management for review after an hour explaining why the original contractor will not come back to my house. I had to explain that the company does not use multiple contractors and that is only one person. I had to also explain that he tracked soot throughout my house and didn't clean anything up. That he closed the project after claiming he would return to complete it. In short, I am waiting on the review by contractor relations and management from FAHW to see where this will go. My oil furnace broke in March of 2020, I filed my service claim. I was auto assigned a contractor Service Call Pros. I checked out his reviews and all of them were horrible. I tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt in this since if FAHW assigned him, maybe people were just being too critical, etc. Turns out, we are almost through September and I still do not have a working furnace the contractor closed the ticket with FAHW even after I told them he didn't complete the work. I had to open a new service claim to have a second contractor verify that the work was not done. NOW, FAHW wants to send back the original contractor who did a horrible job to fix the work... I told them I do not want him back to my house, but they are insisting he has to do it due to liability. They said they could request for a senior member to come out.. Service Call Pros is one technician. Yet, they want him to go back.. It took an hour for me to finally be connected with a supervisor who could escalate the claim back to Management. I will update this after I receive the feedback from their management team.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Luke, We do apologize that this may be taking longer than anticipated. Can you please provide us with your claim number so that we may look into this?

Oct. 18th, 2021

Shirley holgate Arroyo Grande, CA

yesterday I had an excellent electrician come to fix my fan, and he did a fabulous job, even cleaning up beautifully. He was a 5, but several years ago I had a problem with my microwave, and they put in one that didn't work. They did provide a very good one at least.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Shirley for your review.

Jun. 21st, 2021

Corryn Moore Portsmouth, VA

First American Home Warranty has been excellent to us! First of all, our ac went out. We needed a whole new system. It was all overed minus a few small things, such as ductwork and some electrical additions for a new unit. We also needed a new part for our oil furnace that was $500 from our oil company. It only cost $100 through FAHW.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Corryn, We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. It is fantastic to know that you were provided five star service and have your issues resolved! We appreciate your continued trust in us.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

We recieved this warranty service complimentary when we purchased our first home. We actually had to use it when our waterheater went out. For a $50 fee, a technican came out, checked the heater and determined it needed replaced. We ended up getting a brand new water heater to replace it, and it was all covered by the fee, including installation. Years later the new water heater was having some issues, I called the same company the warranty people sent and I ended up paying a $75 service fee for the tech to tell me it just had sediment in it and needed to be drained and refilled. Seriously! It was then I realized that First American Home Warranty was so worth it, especially in an older house like I have. Since then we have had our fridge, our microwave, a dishwasher, and a stove replaced, and it looks like in the next year or so the furnace! Although some years you pay the premium and it doesn't seem worth it, once something does go out and you have the warranty, you'll be glad you did. Also customer service was easy to deal with and they were quick to get a technician out.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Brittney for your review.

Aug. 24th, 2021

Melanie Dickman El Dorado Hills, CA

I have been with First Am for over 25 years. I refer my clients to them. The rep I had in Los Gatos was fabulous and I have found Stephanie J. to be equally as great as Irs L. was. Very responsive and makes sure the problems get resolved.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback Melanie!

Jun. 4th, 2021

Marcus Edwards San Angelo, TX

I have had FAHW in the past and recently reconnected with them once we purchased or forever home and a rental. They have been super professional and help me with getting the right coverage needed to keep my houses protected. Great company and they make things hassle free

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Marcus for your feedback, we appreciate it.

May. 25th, 2021

Stacy Gilbert, AZ

We've had their services for over 27 years and have been very satisfied with all of our situations. At times some things are a little confusing about what's covered and what's not that's the staff does very well at explaining. I plan to keep them as long as we own our home

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Stacy. Thank you for being one of our long standing customers. We are truly happy to hear that our company services all your needs to your satisfaction.

May. 7th, 2021

John Brandon, MS

Because of First America's flexibility of assigning me the preferred FAHW contractor in my area, as opposed to being simply assigned a random contractor (others of which I have not been satisfied with in the past). This is the reason I stayed with FAHM.

Apr. 6th, 2021

Kyle Pryor Maumelle, AR

We have called on First American Home Warranty several times over the past 4+ years. The customer service team is always quick to address our issues and the technicians that are assigned have done a good job in completing the necessary work.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Mar. 18th, 2021

William H. Burton, Jr. Barstow, CA

It is only because they have been really good to me as their customer. Each and every time that I may have experienced any problems or issues; they were always opened to be of an excellent help and assistance to our household. That’s why I can honestly say that I would keep them as well as recommend them but most definitely.. I really would keep them with every and I mean all properties that we’ll buy or purchase!

Mark Harrison Dickinson, TX

Never had a problem very professional I've always got the work that I need it in a timely matter I've been with them 14 years and I've never once had a bad representative come out and do shoddy work I'm just very pleased my reasoning prepare the warranty is I don't really miss the $65 a month but if something breaks and I have to come up with five or six hundred or a thousand or even more if I didn't have the warranty that would probably be an issue

Jeffrey Sakson Los Angeles, CA

Until very recently, I would rate them 5 stars, but their customer service has gone down in the past year. This could be related to the COVID epidemic, but it still is frustrating to have to wait for more than 40 minutes for someone to answer your calls. It's extremely frustrating when you've been waiting for more than 40 minutes and then you get disconnected. My most recent experience, in which I had to have my tankless water heater replaced, would have been fine if the new water heater hadn't stopped working the day after it was installed. The plumber that installed it said it was due to an obstruction in our vents, and because vents aren't covered by our warranty, I had to pay $250 for a vent company to check out our vents to tell us that there was nothing wrong with them. We had to go three days without hot water, and I could not get anyone from First American on the phone to explain the situation. Finally, I was able to get the plumbing company to send someone else to check out the water heater and he was able to fix it. It turns out that the error message on the unit did indicate a problem with our vents, but it was an incorrect error message. 3 days without hot water and $250 for nothing. That's on top of the almost $1000 I had to pay extra for installation of the new water heater because it required some extra work not covered by my warranty. Sheesh.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Feb. 5th, 2021

Marian Long Galveston, TX

I had a claim on my electric stove. I called the office since it was my 1st claim, they actually took my information and gave me the information on the vendor who was assigned to come to my unit. I received updates on everything that was happening. The vendor was actually able to repair the stove. The vendor was professional, friendly and knew exactly what he needed to do to make the repairs and had parts on his truck. Great experience and service with both the First American Home Warranty and the vendor they used for our repairs.

Feb. 2nd, 2021

They've been excellent. I've had them with my house now for almost thirty years. They're there to help and get solutions to whatever is going on. There have been several times that they've actually thought about the response I was given from a vendor and it wasn't right and they questioned it and go second opinions to make sure they were right. They do their research. They don't assume that their vendor is always right. I had a plumbing leak and they took care of it. It was incredible. I had some complications from the vendor and issues and modification charges. They did all the research necessary to get it resolved properly and now the job is done. I'm very happy. First American makes sure you're satisfied when you're done. I've had a couple managers involved because there were things that didn't make sense and the actual sales person couldn't match it so they connected me to a manager that could answer my question and give me good, sufficient answers.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We have requested additional information from you privately, so we can look further into your claim.

Nov. 12th, 2021

Kelsey

When we bought our dream home and the deal was ''' as is'', we planned on needing to make some repairs and find a few surprises so we asked for First American Home Warranty coverage with our contract. Wow, did we underestimate the things that would go wrong with this little place. In the first three years, nearly every major appliance has gone out as well as fans, plumbing, both toilets, and I can''t even remember what else. First American has not refused us? Dropped up, questioned us or anything, they have helped us quickly and politely with every single claim. We would have been lost and financially ruined if we had not had this policy.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Kelsey. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Aug. 6th, 2019

Maryjane Statesville, NC

When my A/C broke down with First American, they fixed it right away and everything and it's running great. There was one little problem though. When the guy replaced the parts up in the attic, they didn't replace the board. I'm happy with the company, it was the vendor's fault. They sent an email and said it needed to get replaced and First American acted right away and put the part on order. I get great service. They're very professional and they come out right away and service and take care of things. It works really fast. I wouldn't change the company. I had another company and when I saw your company and found out what they cover, I was ecstatic and I've been happy every since. They react really fast.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Maryjane. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your claim and appreciate your understanding.

Floyd Memphis, TN

I really like the experience of working with them and not having to deal with the companies that you get your appliances from. This particular time they gave a time in which the company could come and service that item and I had problems with that time and I worked with First American Warranty and let them know and within forty eight hours they called and got me within forty hours of the call. I had problems with my dryer and I thought they would be able to repair it and go from there. The technician came out and serviced the dryer and told me what was wrong with it and then left. After I tried to use the dryer after he left, it wouldn't work. And I called them back and I got aggravated with the time it took for them to come out and reservice it. And it ended up costing me another $75 and I didn't know I was going to have to pay for that because it wasn't part of the actual dryer. First American was great, it was the company that came out of my house that I wasn't excited about.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you, Floyd for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that the assigned contractor did not meet your expectations.

Corinne M St Louis, MO

Having an older house makes having a home warranty a must. I don't know how we would have paid for some of the repairs that we've needed over the years if they hadn't been covered. We have peace of mind knowing that we are protected from catastrophic damage and repairs. Well worth the investment. Occasionally we have to call more than once to get a technician scheduled, but that is really a problem with individual companies and not the fault of First American. Customer service has been wonderful. I don't think we could live in our house without them. We were not solicited for our business. I researched the best coverage and called them. No phone calls or emails asking us to increase coverage or buy other products. We truly could not be happier.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Corinne. Thank you for your review!

Jun. 4th, 2019

Deborah Caldwell Dayton, OH

I am a Realtor who has recommended First American to all my clients for 30 years now and have bought 5 of their Home Warranty's myself since 2006. They were always great until NOW. I bought my most recent policy in May 2021. Today is October 6, 2021 and I had to contact them for service. I did so at 8:30 this morning. The gentleman PROMISED me a Contractor would call me with in 8 hours. No phone call. I then called back and was PROMISED AGAIN that someone would call me with in the next 4 hours. No phone call. I am stuck with this plumbing issue!! I now feel extremely guilty that I have recommended this Company to all my Client's which obviously has changed for the worse since I had to actually use one of my Contracts back in 2012 which at that time they sent someone out and fixed the problem on that home. I have bought 3 Contracts from this Company since the 2012 house but never had to call them with a problem. I will be calling them AGAIN tomorrow morning for a complete refund of my money and will NEVER recommend this Company again which is sad after 30 straight year's of recommending them. This is pure Malfeasance!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Deborah. Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback. Per our conversation, we offered you up to $125.00 to hire your own plumber, who has cleared your stoppage, for your toilets and showers. Currently, we are awaiting additional information about the camera diagnosis from your contractor. We look forward to resolving your claim. Thank you.

Oct. 12th, 2021

K.M. P. Charlotte, NC

We have been able to get coverage on three appliances as well as our AC. Have had trouble with the AC diagnosis & repair, but after my husband's persistence, we have AC after being without it for over a month in the summer in the South. Appliance repair people are usually great & get out quickly for the repair. Parts arrive quickly as well so you don't have to wait long.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello K.M.P. We appreciate your review.

Sep. 19th, 2021

daniyang Santee, CA

The portal was easy enough to navigate and to book a vendor to come out. Our dishwasher wasn't working and we scheduled a consultation for a diagnosis after having already verified with another repair service what was wrong and that basically, the part that we would need replaced is expensive. It cost $85 just for them to come out --- just for the technician to take 5 minutes and tell us there was nothing wrong with the dishwasher. We tried to request another one but it was ultimately too hard with no payoff that we could see and we replaced the dishwasher instead. I will never buy home warranty again after this experience.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Daniyang. We have requested additional information from you.

Sep. 14th, 2021

Michael Hazard Dunnsville, VA

The time it takes to get the necessary service. Their refusal to take the word of their contractors as to the work required to correct a problem. The inability of some of their contractors to accomplish installation of a product requiring the homeowner to hire another contractor to finish the installation at the homeowners expense.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Michael. Thank you for your review. We have requested additional information from you.

Jun. 16th, 2021

Liz Baltimore, MD

My realtor gave me a home warranty through First American when I purchased my home. Since I was in a condo the things it covered were pretty limited. I did have something go wrong with my washer during that first year and First American took care of it. They could make the scheduling a little easier but I was grateful for the help.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Liz, Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is great to know that we were able to be there for you when something went wrong. We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future.

Jane Mick Mesa, AZ

They are improving but there are still a few issues. Wish you could receive service from previous contractors who served you well. Also, preventive service should be covered since that would serve you and the customer well in keeping costs lower. For example, annual air conditioner inspection service and cleaning.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thanks for your feedback Jane.

Jun. 4th, 2021

Ken Lewis Little River, SC

Fast and easy to work with. The service man First American sent to my house to repair my garage door got the door working fast and didn't waste time. Very nice to talk to and explained everything he was doing..

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Ken. We are very pleased to hear the the work performed was quick and hopefully met your expectations.

May. 18th, 2021

Radhakrishnan Fremont, CA

In one instance we had to go through 4 claim specialists and then the regional manager of our area. Once alerted, the manager did an excellent job in working with the service provider and sorting the issues with their technician’s report. Problem got resolved after a month since we filed the first service request.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Radhakrishnan for your review.

May. 19th, 2021

Terry Phoenix, AZ

Almost always direct but during my last call the people I wanted in the first place for my heating issue was ultimately the company that took care of everything. Kappa Air is fantastic and the job was given over or transferred from Seabreeze who did nothing!

Barry Sidell Oceanside, CA

I have used First American Warranty a couple of times over the years for what I would call minor repairs. Each time my calls were answered quickly, repair companies set dates to do the work promptly. I would recommend First American based on the three experiences I have had.

Mar. 2nd, 2021

Dianne Cordova, TN

Hasn't let us down until this time. The contractors have always been really good. But this time its been 1 month since our initial call. Contractor took 2 weeks to get out here, then two more weeks to get the part. We then needed to move the time for our appointment day because I got a COVID vaccine appointment and now they have moved it another week.

Michael Hamilton Oklahoma City, OK

I've had several home warranty companies and most of them just try and get out of it when the actual bill comes so first American was the first one that actually didn't try and wriggle out of the responsibility of their own contract.

Feb. 2nd, 2021

C Burtt

Awesome Warranty Service. Every time I call there are positive results. I do think that the Pool Salt cell and Cercuit board need to ne higer. FA only paid 1500 and total cost was 2100 .. so out of pocket 600 and the work was poor and still not working... Will visit issue next year when pool is open.

Dec. 9th, 2020

Paul Bisel

Our washing machine tore up about a year after we got our warranty. I called First American and they sent a service tech out. He checked it out and checked on parts. Because of the age of the washer parts were no longer available. They replaced it with a new version of the one we had. It only cost us $75.00 just as we were told when we bought the warranty.

Nov. 10th, 2020

Cc Chesterfield, VA

I have been a customer for 9 years and couldn’t be happier. Everything has either been fixed or replaced. Some things take a little longer but it’s worth the wait! My contact is in the USA so that is very helpful for understanding them. Their website is easy to use and easy to set up an appointment in 2 minutes! I have referred many people to them who are still happy! Well worth my money every year!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Sep. 24th, 2020

Ingrid Pierson Auburn, CA

They have excellent service, but on the higher ticket repairs they allow the contractors to charge so many fees that the repair still becomes too costly. Some are BS fees. Like "The county might require that we have to make changes and bring your system to current standards. Therefore, we need to charge an additional $500." and.... 1st AM won't pay for this... or this... Well, they weren't even around for the county inspection to tell them there needed to be changes. I was the one who had to beg for the HVAC company to send the required docs to get the permit signed off. I was there for the repairs and there was no "county permit required" upgrading done. If First American just allows their sub contractors push extra costs on the insured that's not right. Providing the hardware, that 1st AM buys in bulk straight from the manufacturer is great and I commend them on that business strategy)... .But, limiting the replacement coverage to just direct install and hardware costs leaves the insured holding the bag on the balance of the charges, which are pretty steep. On smaller items, their service is great. But, even with the Eagle Premier package which includes all knobs wheels etc... They wouldn't replace my fan knobs when replacing the fan motor, without the worn out knobs in hand. Nowhere in the policy does it state that you have to have the worn out knobs to get them replaced.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review Ingrid.

Oct. 2nd, 2019

Jolie

As soon as we've had a complaint they've gotten somebody out there to take care of it. They usually get back to us pretty quickly and they do want to know how things are going throughout the entire time. Our oven gave out recently. They had someone come in and check it out. They checked on me every 2-3 days to find out if the part had come on and see if everything has been taken care of.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Jolie for your review.

J

I think they're a good company. I'm in real estate and this one seems to be the best. The people working with you are real good so I've always worked real well with their representatives. Whenever I call them they seem to be very knowledgeable and come out and took care of the problem and did a great job. Very nice and very professional people. They sent someone out same day to fix my dryer drawer.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you J for your feedback, we appreciate it.

Deborah

It would be nice to call and actually get a person. Things don't always fit in their cookie cutter options so you waste a lot of time going in circles before you finally get ahold of someone. The first 2 times my claims went well and they went through efficiently. This morning I tried to create a service for my AC and they were going to dispatch a company that has very poor ratings. I wanted to cancel so I could get a more refundable vendor and they did help with that. I think they need to vet their vendors. I think they need to do a little bit of research about who they're going to be sending out to their customers homes and if those people have a good reputation.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Deborah for your review.

Anonymous Montclair, CA

I have used it a number of times. They got the problems fixed and I haven't had any problems afterwards. They use independent companies that they hire to do different things and most of the time they get it done right away. I'll probably continue to be with them for awhile because I live alone and I can't fix everything myself. I have recommended it to a number of my friends and coworkers already.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing First American.

Aug. 9th, 2019

Patty Morro Bay, CA

It's a great value. I choose to use it on some plumbing issues two weeks ago and they were outstanding, they were very quick and I am a very happy client. I don't like the going to the one eight hundred number because that is a robot and you can't get anybody to talk to. I am constantly emailing my representative or inside people so I can get the service I want. It is difficult to put in a claim on the phone because they're not from America and are hard to understand.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Patty for your review.

Jun. 25th, 2019

Donald Gulf Breeze, FL

I've had good experiences the two times that I have used the First American Home Warranty. Just recently I had the soap sanitizer go out and they came over bringing a new sanitizer and installed it and got it back up and running with very little effort. The person that came over to fix the pool was the same one that came over last year and both times he did a good job fixing the whole filter.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Donald. We appreciate you and your time.

Donna Rescue, CA

They are right on it. They called me to take care of it. I'm surprised it was extremely fast. I called them and told them that something went out and they had someone out here the next day. First American Warranty kept me informed on what people were coming and if I could make it and it was okay. They were just very informative. I didn't have to do anything but a phone call to let him know. Just keep doing what you're doing. Excellent customer service and it's well worth the fees for the policy.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Donna. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate you and your time!