First American Home Warranty

7.3

LAST UPDATED: September 28th, 2022

First American Home Warranty has been an industry leader for over 35 years and has a reputation of providing quality home warranty plans with extensive coverage for homeowners across the nation. The home warranty provider has serviced millions of claims, saving homeowners more than $180 million in covered repairs and replacements.

The company has a large network of prescreened technicians so you don't have to worry about doing your own research and independently finding your own technician. Warranty coverage lasts for one year and monthly payment options are available as well. First American Home Warranty ranked in our list of Top 10 Best Home Warranty Companies of 2019.

The Good

• Decades of Experience and Company Stability
  • Comprehensive Plans
  • Coverage Limits
  • 24/7 Claims Service
  • Online Homeowner Center

Decades of Experience and Company Stability

First American has been providing home warranties since 1984. The home warranty service provider offers coverage to 30 states. Over 35 years of home warranty experience is a good indication of the company’s stability and willingness to provide quality service. Choosing a home warranty company with so much experience could be an additional benefit for homeowners.

Comprehensive Plans

First American Home Warranty currently offers two coverage plans and a variety of additional options for warranty coverage. The monthly cost for a First American Home Warranty plan starts at $28 per month and lasts for one year. The service fee varies by location, but you will typically pay $75 whenever you schedule a repair or replacement with a First American Home Warranty technician. Warranty plan holders can upgrade or expand their warranty plan within the first 30 days of coverage to add on additional systems or appliances.

First American also offers a 30-day review period for new warranty contract holders. Customizable plans are made for homeowners, real estate professionals, as well as network service providers. First American Home Warranty's website allows anyone to receive a sample contract and specific residential warranty pricing within minutes.

First American Home Warranty does not have an age limit on systems and appliances, so you don't have to worry about the company refusing coverage based on this. Warranty coverage for major appliances and systems is as follows (pricing and coverage for protection plans may vary by location):

The Basic Plan: $28 per Month or $336 per Year

• Garage door opener
  • Ductwork
  • Central vacuum system

Optional Coverage

For a fee, you can add additional coverage items to your service contract:

• Central air conditioning (electric) — $9 per month
  • Additional refrigeration — $4 per month
  • Pool/spa equipment — $15 per month
  • Well pump — $7 per month
  • First class upgrade — $9 per month

Coverage Limits

Unlike some home warranty providers, most of First American’s covered items do not carry a specific dollar limit. First American plans do not require a home inspection to be done by a contractor or maintenance records to be retrieved from a repair person for coverage. The service provider also offers extra protection for malfunctions due to lack of maintenance, regular wear and tear, rust, corrosion, and sedimentary build-up. There are no age limits on covered items, and no limit to the number of claims a customer can file.

24/7 Claims Service

No matter the time of day, customers can open a claim. First American offers a 24/7 service request hotline where you can make service calls at any time as well as a user-friendly online customer portal. First American has a nationwide network of workers and prescreens every service contractor and requires them to complete a probationary period to ensure customer satisfaction standards are met through customer survey results.

Online Homeowner Center

First American offers an easy-to-use online homeowner center for all of its customers. From this portal, a customer can open and track their claims, view their contract details, renew their home warranty, and manage communication preferences.

The Bad

• Nationwide Service Unavailable
  • First American Home Warranty Reviews
  • Extra Cost for Air Conditioning Coverage

Nationwide Service Unavailable

First American provides coverage in 30 states. There is a tool on its website that allows for a zip code lookup to determine if First American provides coverage for customers in a particular state. Unfortunately, if you are out of First American’s coverage area, you are unable to receive its services.

First American Home Warranty Reviews

First American Home Warranty has some negative reviews highlighting bad customer service, delayed and lengthy response and service time, and hidden fees on appliances. We suggest reading through First American Home Warranty reviews before making a final purchasing decision.

Extra Cost for Air Conditioning Coverage

Many home warranty providers offer air conditioning as part of their premier plan or combo plan, but First American Home Warranty only offers an AC unit as additional coverage with an extra fee you add to your chosen plan. This may be a problem for customers looking to have air conditioning as part of their prearranged plan. However, because the AC unit isn't covered in First American Home Warranty's two main plans, this is what makes the company's warranty cost cheaper than most.

The Bottom Line

With 35+ years of experience and a large network of service providers (each contractor is reviewed and put through a probation period to ensure customer satisfaction), First American Home Warranty has comprehensive protection with high coverage limits for major appliances and systems. With a competitive cost and service call fee and multiple plan options, First American Home Warranty gives you more value for your money and covers customers with flexible payment options for various budgets.

The company offers a basic plan for customers that are looking for more standard coverage, as well as a premier plan for homeowners wanting more robust coverage. Additional add-on items are also available for coverage so consumers can pick and choose other major systems and appliances they want covered. Note that First American Home Warranty only covers the wear and tear of major appliances and systems. Like most home warranty companies, First American does not cover pre-existing conditions.

When compared to other home warranty companies, First American Home Warranty has a competitive monthly cost and service fee. Some warranty providers charge upwards of $600 per year with a $100 service fee.

First American Home Warranty created its home warranty programs with not just homeowners in mind but network service providers and real estate professionals as well. Typically, for whichever home warranty plan you select, the service contract will last for one year.

If you want to learn about what customers think of the company, such as response time, customer service, and quality of repair, check out First American Home Warranty reviews below.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

3.9

Peache Michael Battle Ground, WA

My refriderator replacement took several months and this was shocking and a horrible challenge. replacement brands are not the best but the cash out option is an acceptable alternative; I apply the cash payout to the brand or style preferred

Marian Ramos San Antonio, TX

I did make a claim ,that was easy to do.The staff were professional and knowledgeable. But still friendly and polite.The company who came and the plumber himself was very polite and knowledgeable. I was told the problem,what was covered and what not .My cost upfront and the job was done quickly .The whole thing was very quick and easy.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Marian, Thanks so much for sharing your great feedback with us regarding your recent service. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to have this resolved for you so quickly. We know how many choices you have when deciding on a home warranty company, and we are glad you chose us!

Sep. 22nd, 2022

Michael A Rycus Tampa, FL

I had an issue with my dishwasher and called First American and they were scheduling a visit when I was walked through how to fix it . Saved me money.

Minnette Harmon Riverview, FL

They're there when you need them and they get to helping you right away. It's easy to contact them, make an appointment with them and they show up on time as well as getting the job done. Very pleasant people to work with.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Minnette, It is fantastic to hear that your issue was resolved. We look forward to providing you great service in the future!

Sep. 21st, 2022

Ronald Beal Austin, TX

my central air conditioner had a freon leak and needed several pounds of R-12, which is no longer made. The A/C company charged up the system, but did not find the leak. Technician said that probably the inside coil, but the warranty would not pay for a permanent fix and it would be so expensive that i should replace the entire system. this is not a warranty.

Diana Gregory Magalia, CA

I appreciate having a one-stop shop for all things that can go wrong; and having a set amount to pay.I do think that the annual fee is steep - especially since it cannot be split over the year (this year being very bad with my insurance dropping me).And I live in a place where it is difficult to find repair folks, so I have had to actually spend my own time finding people - and then would have to go through somehoops to get their services covered. I think If I'm doing the work, I should at least have the service charge refunded.

Cherie Glover Charlestown, IN

Everyone that I have delt with has been wonderful and prompt in getting things taken care of. I have to give special applause to Marie L! She was very personable and professional! She gave me help in ways that I never expected a warranty company to be able to do. She and this company are the best!!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Cherie, Thanks so much for sharing your great feedback with us regarding your recent service. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to have this resolved for you! We look forward to being there for you, should you ever need us again.

Susan M Sharp Dayton, OH

I work in Real Estate and have heard the horror stories from other warranty providers. I have NEVER had a problem with First American. I've had small and large repairs/replacements and it has always gone smoothly; start to finish.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Susan, Thanks so much for sharing your great feedback with us regarding your recent service. We are thrilled to hear that we have been able to be there for you throughout your claims. We look forward to being there for you, should you ever need us again!

Sep. 1st, 2022

Martha Beckett Eads, TN

I started with an insurance company to alleviate the stress of finding someone to do work if needed. Always there is a wait sometimes long wait for company to come. They respond immediately but one company even told me for a fee they would come sooner. When they come they usually don't have the part and have to come back. I have had one tell me he would have to tear out a brick wall to stop my leak. Y'all didn't cover brick repair. I have had some one repair an air conditioner that blew hot air afterwards because they forgot to close the side. Another time they put in a drain upside down and later it caused the machine not to work. I had a leaking ice maker fixed and after warranty up it broke but that may just be coincidence even tho same problem. I am really wondering if I would had same hassle with out paying a yearly fee.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Martha, Thank you for taking a moment to share your review with us. Sometimes contractors may have to place an order for a part and then return to complete the service. Regarding modifications such as brick repair, this may fall under non-covered costs, per your contract. Our team would be happy to go over any questions or concerns that you may have with your claims. We hope the next time you may need us, you will give us another chance to meet your needs.

Jill Torres Las Vegas, NV

I was extremely disappointed in your competitor, Choice Home Warranty. I was a customer of theirs for many years without making any claims. As soon as I had a claim, they c as me up with many tests that "I" had to pay for to qualify for replacement. There would be hardly any savings on my part for being a customer all of those years. AFHW allowed me to apply all those years to their service and get immediate coverage. So far, I feel I have the program of them all and I am very happy. . m.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Jill, Thank you for sharing your review with us. It is great to know that we have been able to be there for you when you most needed it! We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future.

Aug. 26th, 2022

Joseph Mesaros

I really haven't had to make any type of claim with First American Home Warranty as of yet being i just recently purchased the Home Warranty from them about two months ago! But the initial customer support awareness is excellent & they showed a overall GENUINE concern in helping me & answered ANY & ALL questions i may have had in a very positive efficient informitive understanding manner! Also i compared numerous other Home Warranty Companies before deciding on purchasing my Home Warranty Protection with First American Home Warranty who OFFERED me a GREAT QUALITY PLAN at a COMPARABLE LOWER PRICE!!!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Joseph, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience! We know how many choices you have when deciding on a home warranty company, and we are glad you chose us.

Jul. 20th, 2022

Judy Tsukamoto Citrus Heights, CA

I am confident of the people First American sends out to do the repairs. I never gave to worry about which company to call

Paul D Oliver Springs, TN

In the few times that we've used the service, it's been generally effortless to schedule servicing. The technicians have always arrived on time.

Joe Carollo Las Vegas, NV

Company they hired for pool issues is not knowledgeable, provides different reasons for problem which results in claim denial and removal from coverage and has very poor reviews as a company. Appears as though this company was hired for the sole purpose to prevent FAHW to cover a claim.

Cindy Hot Springs Village, AR

Good response to service calls but when my A/C needed repair the first person who came to my house had absolutely no idea what he was doing. I had to kick him out of my house. Second one was good. Took a very long time to get replacement items but there were a lot of supply issues. Very happy with the final resolution.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Cindy, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us!

Terry Meeks Helendale, CA

When you have to wait, 3 weeks with no AC, AND YOUR INS. LOW BALL YOU, KNOWING THAT THEIR COST IS NOT THE SAME AS YOUR COST, AND YOU HAVE TO BUY SOMETHING TO HELP YOURSELF WHILE YOU WAIT ON THEM, THE CONTRACTOR THEY HIRE, GIVES YOU GUYS A BREAK, AND THEY KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR, THEY KNOW THEY CAN CHARGE BY HOW THEY WRITE THE REPORT, NOW YOUR COST IS 3 TIMES WHAT YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO PAY OUT, I WAS HUNG UP ON, 3 TIMES, waited for hours at a time just to get to the right people. I had to beg for some kind of help with money to BUY portable AC. 100 DEGREES IN MY HOUSE FOR 3 WEEKS, ELDERLY MAN, WITH HEATH CONDITIONS. LOOKING FOR WAYS NOT TO PAY OR HELP. THIS IS NOT A WATER HEATER, OR SMALL APPLIANCES, THIS situation is well being, and heath. So disappointed in a company I had for 10 years, and only use it maybe 3 times, it went from 35 to 60, in that time period, and 75 to 89 on a service call, loyalty doesn't count here, the first contractor, talk to me like I had a tail, disrespectful, and should have seen the contract they wanted me to sign, you need to check your people, you hire for your customers, oh it's what best for your company. Not clients

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Terry, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process. Our records indicate you placed a claim on August 5, 2022, for your air conditioner not cooling. We dispatched contractor, Diversified Mechanical Service, who reported the failure was caused by interval valves, compressor puncture and defective related conductors. Diversified Mechanical Service recommended replacing the compressor with non-covered costs to complete repairs in the amount of $355.00, which included the cost of refrigerant circuit clean out, induce high pressure nitrogen, and complete vacuum. You accepted the non-covered costs, and we ordered the replacement compressor on August 29, 2022. On September 7, 2022, we confirmed that an appointment to complete the replacement of your compressor has been scheduled for September 14, 2022. We consider this claim pending. Thank you.

Sep. 7th, 2022

Sharon San Diego, CA

Prompt response to service request. When the appliance company did not follow through with repairs, a representative called me to explain the situation and promised immediate follow up. The next company that was assigned followed up immediately, completed repairs, was professional and knowledgeable. All appliances work properly now.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Sharon, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! It is awesome to hear that your issue was resolved. We look forward to providing you great service in the future.

Aug. 12th, 2022

Carmen Sanchez Pearland, TX

I called a few weeks ago, to inquire on my renewal coming up. Representative I talked to was professional and took time to explain my coverage. Coverage I didn't realized I had with current contract. We didn't receive info as to the coverage when we initially purchased contract August 2017.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Carmen. It's a great thing you reached out! We look forward to servicing you in the future!

Aug. 4th, 2022

Gill Barbara G.

They have been prompt, courteous, friendly, informative, and professional in my dealings with them. I've had several issues this first year of owning my new home. They have provided rooter service, fixed a plumbing leak of sewer pipe in my crawl space, replaced my ice maker, replaced my stove, and replaced a remote to my garage door in addition to a new battery in the other one. I could not be more pleased with the service I've gotten and have already renewed for next year!!!!!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thanks so much for sharing your great feedback with us regarding your recent services. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to be there for you when you most needed it!

Jul. 19th, 2022

Candi L. Murray Salado, TX

Quick response even though no fault of anyone due to supply and demand took awhile for parts to come in. When they did the company contracted out said it was better to replace our unit in which we did. The unit ran beautifully until a snake decided to venture into our new a/c unit and pretty much destroyed it. Once again the warranty would not cover so we had to buy another unit. Plug your a/c holes with a deterrent of some sort to keep snakes and whatever else could find residence in your unit.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Candi, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! It is great to know that our team was able to be there for you throughout this claim. We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future.

Jul. 8th, 2022

Jose Cancel Rivera Temple, TX

Since I have first American Home warranty anything that goes wrong I called them and they sent me a team to fix it.

Ed Garner Louisville, KY

Claim process is easy.It gives me a sense of security to know that anything that goes bad in the house is pretty much covered by this program.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Ed, We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. It is awesome to know that we have been able to be there for you when you needed it most!

Toni Benson Raleigh, NC

In 15 yrs of First American Warranty coverage, I have never had a repair declined or replacement declined. They fix it or replace it if it cannot be fixed.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Toni, Thank you for putting your trust in us! We are pleased to hear your concerns have been resolved.

Sep. 1st, 2022

Harry Justice Orlando, FL

You're always there for my family. The companies you send to fix my problem are great. I don't have to wait weeks to get great service on my issue. Thank you very much.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Harry, We appreciate you taking a moment to share your review. It is fantastic to know that we have been able to be there for you when you most needed it! We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future.

Debra Stout Santee, CA

I haven't been impressed with the plumbers you send out. One replaced my kitchen faucet with a mediocre one, one ranted about the uselessness of garbage disposals and how we shouldn't use them even though we have themI just question their honesty and business practices.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Debra, Thank you for sharing your comments. We do complete internal surveys as well as monitor feedback on our contractors. We want to ensure we are providing our customers with the best service possible. It is our goal to provide our customers with a successful resolution, and we will share your comments with our team to ensure our quality of service meets our customers’ expectations. We hope the next time you may need us, you will give us another chance to meet your needs.

Dongning Wang San Jose, CA

My experience with the contractors from First American Home Warranty is mixed. My last request with STREET PLUMBING AND ROOTER. Their call is super hard to connect through. There were times the worker they sent trying to reach to me and I missed the call, but immediately call back to their number (every communication is through one number) but couldn't get through. Eventually the worker couldn't enter my home and we missed the appointment. Ever since then I was trying to call their service number to setup another appointment, and haven't got connected successfully.

Cheryl & Jack Hartin Grants Pass, OR

We've dealt with other warranty companies in the past - slow responses, higher fees, and overall poor performance. We've been very happy with First American and the technicians they've sent.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Cheryl & Jack, Thank you for taking the time to share your five star review with us! We know how many choices you have when deciding on a home warranty company, and we are glad you chose us.

Aug. 26th, 2022

Theresa Diaz-Ramos Seguin, TX

We call twice for issue and both times they were resolved within hours. Technician came out and took care of problems. Also the technician also gave us advice for future references.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Theresa, Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent services! It is great to know that we were able to have this resolved for you so quickly. We look forward to being there for you, should you ever need us again.

Don

Generally good but often problems with assigned contractors and with the two major issues I've had, I had to replace items at my own expense, while First American did pay a portion, it was not a large portion. Seems there is always a loophole that prevents them from replacing anything (AC/HVAC or Water Heater) when it goes down.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Don, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your patience with the contractor as they work through their appointments. We look forward to being there for you, should you ever need us again.

Sarah Rea Livonia, MI

Generally very responsive to problems and has provided us with good coverage for a couple major appliances. Had a little difficulty getting reimbursed quickly and had to wait on hold for an hour to speak to someone. But we are still pleased with the coverage.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Sarah, We appreciate you taking a moment to share your review with us! We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future.

Marqui Jackson Glendale, CA

The contractors are hit or miss. Sometimes they're really good and correctly identify the problem, other times they don't And it's concern that First American continues to work with contractors who have poor reviews and history of bad customer service. And recently, I called to have another contractor assigned to my claim but was told there were no other options.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Marqui, Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process. Our records indicate you placed a claim on July 26, 2022 for your dishwasher not functioning properly. We dispatched contractor, Ukon Appliance Repair Inc. (Ukon Appliance), to diagnose the failure. On August 8, 2022, you reported to us that you wished to cancel this claim as service as no longer needed for your dishwasher. We have honored your request and as such consider this claim closed. Thank you.

Aug. 9th, 2022

Carol A. Easterwood

During my first year in my newly purchased home, I needed to use my FAHW services 4 times. Their response time was great! The service individuals who came out did a wonderful job and took care of the problems. They replaced my washer with a new one, which is such a joy to use. I'm thankful I have this warranty!!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Carol, We appreciate you taking the time to share your five star review with us! It is wonderful to know that we were able to be there for you when you needed it most. We appreciate your continued trust in us.

Jul. 20th, 2022

Ronald Hebert Orange, TX

Settled my claim quick and easy. Called about hot water heater leaking. Was able to get a contractor of my choice. The job was complex quick and easy. Had my reimbursement payment in the mail in about a weekin the mail in about

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Ronald, We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. It is fantastic to know that you had a five star experience!

Jul. 14th, 2022

Joanne Palm Bay, FL

Used FAHW website and logged in a claim for air conditioner not running. We received an email back with a company name we called them and they said no longer service our area due to gas prices. We received another email from FAHW that another company was being notified. They called us and said they would be here about 3:30. They were early and fixed our problem promptly since it was a condenser that went bad. Our air was out for less than a day. Thank you.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Joanne, Thanks so much for sharing your great feedback with us regarding your recent service! We are thrilled to hear that we were able to have this resolved for you so quickly. We look forward to being there for you, should you ever need us again.

Jun. 9th, 2022

Suresh Ralapati Gaithersburg, MD

I was really impressed by Cory B, the Representative. He was pleasant, friendly and made it very simple to explain the coverage, price, etc. The most impressive part was that if something could not be fixed, then that item would be replaced. This definitely provided me with a great peace of mind and there was nothing to worry about. Ny Kudos & Thanks to Corey.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Suresh, Thank you for taking a moment to let us know what a great job our team has done! We are glad that we have been able to be there for you when you most needed it. We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future.

Jun. 2nd, 2022

John P. Lukens

I was told two differnt resolutions pertaining to my microswave llsince April 3rd, 2022. Two technicians installed a replacement microwave and took the old away, So everything is finished with the miocrowave and I thank you so much.icians came to the house and looked at the microwave and went to get parts. Both times the microwave did not work. The second tech said that he was going to put in for a new microwave to be installed. About 3 weeks after that I received an email from First Home Warranty that I would not be receiving a new microwav3e but that theyt were going to order parts to have a technician install to see if the microwave willl work. I heard nothing since them until Wednesday of this week when two guys said they have a microwav3e to be installed. I was so ssurprised. They installed the microwave and took the old one away. ame and proceeded to get parts to ssee if the microwave will work. Both times it did not work. The second technician said that it was the mother board as no electricity was passing through. He told me that he waws going to put in for the new microwave. About 3 weeks after that I received an e-amail from Home Watrra

Reply from First American Home Warranty

John, Thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate your patience as we worked to obtain what was needed for your claim. The next time you may need us, we look forward to being there for you.

Jun. 2nd, 2022

ROBERT L MATUS Saint Petersburg, FL

GREAT COVERAGE WITH GOOD FOLLOW UP THEY HNDELED ANY PROBLEMS THAT CAME UP VERY WELL.

B. Rothman Cranbury, NJ

ease of ordering help and companies get back to me quickly to set up date for service

ROBERT J MURPHY Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I am three months into the repair of my air conditioner. Called several times and asked for interim motor to be installed. No answer. Just put in another request and cancelled because they are too slow.

Melchor Avillaneda Cypress, TX

Good response,fast service. Every time I call I get someone to help me with my claim or something I need to know.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Melchor, We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us!

Robbyn Spanish Fork, UT

Excellent service! Very easy to work with and they try to get the best service for you and your situation.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Robbyn, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to know that you have been provided excellent service! We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future.

Sep. 19th, 2022

Bernadine Union City, CA

Less hassle!! Keep you up to date!! Prompt service!! Everyone knows their job!! Customer service aware what going on!!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Bernadine, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Yvette C Jones Lancaster, CA

I chose them because of there great reputation.Unfortunately I haven't had to use my coverage as of yet.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Yvette, We appreciate you taking the time to share your five star review with us. We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future!

Sep. 19th, 2022

Frances Mayer Olive Branch, MS

Good customer service, fast response from quality company for repairs. Prompt call back to explain your service needed.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Frances, Thank you for your review. It is always great to hear when our customers are provided excellent service!

Roddy Gee Sacramento, CA

Great CustomerService but companies that work via first American are not all educated to identify and resolve issues the first time

Enemecio Ochoa Roanoke, TX

Because when I open a work order the company they send take a day or two just to tell me the they going to be at my house the next day

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Enemecio, Thanks so much for sharing your great feedback with us regarding your recent service. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to have this resolved for you so quickly. We look forward to being there for you, should you ever need us again.

Sep. 21st, 2022

Jack Smith

Put claim in for fridge not working. Took the company 5 days before coming out.they showed in a car with no parts in it so now it's gonna be another 4 to 5 days to get fixed.

Judy Glass North Las Vegas, NV

The worst experience I have ever had, hands down, was with First American! I discourage anyone to be a client. First American proved itself to be the most unprofessional company I've dealt with. It's a waste of my money and time. This company canceled my home warranty 6 months ago without notifying me and without my authorization or permission. I am the sole homeowner and they allowed a 3rd party to cancel my home warranty without any kind of prior communication with me. Go figure, my water heater broke last night and when I called First American to start a claim I was advised that I no longer had a contract with them and that is how I found out. I felt and I still feel that slap on my face, this is the most extreme betrayal a company can have with a paying client. I was not given a formal apology nor a resolution. I spoke to about 4 different people over the phone, who did not have the resources to provide me the confirmation number of the cancelation, or why I was not notified as the homeowner. I had automatic payment set up, so it went unnoticed when they stopped taking the payment. I was not offered resources, I was not given a sincere apology nor a recommendation as far as how to solve this problem. They didn't offer help to fix the damages or this situation whatsoever. I am truly disappointed and outraged. In this day and age there's multiple options for communication yet they failed and neglected to reach out to me as I received no documents about the cancelation. I highly suggest anyone that is working hard for their money to stay away from this company and go with something else. This experience undoubtedly broke my trust in First American. If I could, I would give them a minus rating.

15 hours ago

T Havener Calhoun, TN

We have had First American Home Warranty for about 16 years total. We lived in Plano, TX for the first 10 and they were great! We moved to Tennessee in 2017 and renewed our policy for our home here. It has been nothing but trouble since then! We can not get service people out here in the country, they assign contractors (repeatedly!) that refuse to come and do not even let you know, just never show up. Now they want to collect their service fee BEFORE they will even assign a contractor, not even acknowledging that they have a problem there. Before you could at least have a contractor to come out, pay their fee, get a written estimate, wait for them to accept the amount of the repair, get the contractor to come back out and fix it, pay them and wait for FAHW to reimburse you. This has taken 2 months just to get the repair done and another 4 to 6 weeks to be reimbursed. We are on a fixed income, that is why we decided to get a home warranty. This does not work when you live out in the country! I would give them zero stars if I could at this time!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

T Havener, Thank you for taking a moment to share your review. We are disappointed to hear that you experienced these issues after moving. We do have a great selection of contractors, but in some areas, options may be more limited. Regarding the service fee, we do require the fee for the contractor to diagnose your issue. It is our goal to provide our customers with a successful resolution, and we will share your comments with our team to ensure our quality of service meets our customers’ expectations. We hope the next time you may need us, you will give us another chance to meet your needs.

Sep. 28th, 2022

Glenda Sundstrom Visalia, CA

Appears to be a good plan. I haven't had to actually use the plan yet however I'm confident the company they send out will do a good job.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Glenda, Thank you for your review! We look forward to being there for you, should you ever need us.

Sep. 9th, 2022