First American Home Warranty has been an industry leader for over 35 years and has a reputation of providing quality home warranty plans with extensive coverage for homeowners across the nation. The home warranty provider has serviced millions of claims, saving homeowners more than $180 million in covered repairs and replacements.

The company has a large network of prescreened technicians so you don't have to worry about doing your own research and independently finding your own technician. Warranty coverage lasts for one year and monthly payment options are available as well. First American Home Warranty ranked in our list of Top 10 Best Home Warranty Companies of 2019.

The Good

• Decades of Experience and Company Stability
  • Comprehensive Plans
  • Coverage Limits
  • 24/7 Claims Service
  • Online Homeowner Center

Decades of Experience and Company Stability

First American has been providing home warranties since 1984. The home warranty service provider provides coverage to 38 states plus the District of Columbia. 35+ years of home warranty experience is a good indication of the company’s stability and willingness to provide quality service. Choosing a home warranty company with so much experience could be an additional peace of mind for homeowners.

Comprehensive Plans

First American Home Warranty currently offers two coverage plans and a variety of additional options for warranty coverage. The monthly cost for a First American Home Warranty plan starts at $28 per month and lasts for one year. The service fee varies by location, but you will typically pay $75 whenever you schedule a repair or replacement with a First American Home Warranty technician. Warranty plan holders can upgrade or expand their warranty plan within the first 30 days of coverage to add on additional systems or appliances.

First American also offers a 30-day review period for new warranty contract holders. Customizable plans are made for homeowners, real estate professionals, as well as network service providers. First American Home Warranty's website allows anyone to receive a sample contract and specific residential warranty pricing within minutes.

First American Home Warranty does not have an age limit on systems and appliances, so you don't have to worry about the company refusing coverage based on this. Warranty coverage for major appliances and systems is as follows (pricing and coverage for protection plans may vary by location):

The Basic Plan: $28 per Month or $336 per Year

• Garage door opener
  • Ductwork
  • Central vacuum system

Optional Coverage

For a fee, you can add additional coverage items to your service contract:

• Central air conditioning (electric) — $9 per month
  • Additional refrigeration — $4 per month
  • Pool/spa equipment — $15 per month
  • Well pump — $7 per month
  • First class upgrade — $9 per month

Coverage Limits

Unlike some home warranty providers, most of First American’s covered items do not carry a specific dollar limit. First American plans do not require a home inspection to be done by a contractor or maintenance records to be retrieved from a repair person for coverage. The service provider also offers extra protection for malfunctions due to lack of maintenance, regular wear and tear, rust, corrosion, and sedimentary build-up. There are no age limits on covered items, and no limit to the number of claims a customer can file.

24/7 Claims Service

No matter the time of day, customers can open a claim. First American offers a 24/7 service request hotline where you can make service calls at any time as well as a user-friendly online customer portal. First American has a nationwide network of workers and prescreens every service contractor and requires them to complete a probationary period to ensure customer satisfaction standards are met through customer survey results.

Online Homeowner Center

First American offers an easy-to-use online homeowner center for all of its customers. From this portal, a customer can open and track their claims, view their contract details, renew their home warranty, and manage communication preferences.

The Bad

• Nationwide Service Unavailable
  • First American Home Warranty Reviews
  • Extra Cost for Air Conditioning Coverage

Nationwide Service Unavailable

First American provides coverage in 38 states and the District of Columbia. There is a tool on its website that allows for a zip code lookup to determine if First American provides coverage for customers in a particular state. Unfortunately, if you are out of First American’s coverage area, you are unable to receive its services.

First American Home Warranty Reviews

First American Home Warranty has some negative reviews highlighting bad customer service, delayed and lengthy response and service time, and hidden fees on appliances. We suggest reading through First American Home Warranty reviews before making a final purchasing decision.

Extra Cost for Air Conditioning Coverage

Many home warranty providers offer air conditioning as part of their premier plan or combo plan, but First American Home Warranty only offers an AC unit as additional coverage with an extra fee you add to your chosen plan. This may be a problem for customers looking to have air conditioning as part of their prearranged plan. However, because the AC unit isn't covered in First American Home Warranty's two main plans, this is what makes the company's warranty cost cheaper than most.

The Bottom Line

With 35+ years of experience and a large network of service providers (each contractor is reviewed and put through a probation period to ensure customer satisfaction), First American Home Warranty has comprehensive protection with high coverage limits for major appliances and systems. With a competitive cost and service call fee and multiple plan options, First American Home Warranty gives you more value for your money and covers customers with flexible payment options for various budgets.

The company offers a basic plan for customers that are looking for more standard coverage, as well as a premier plan for homeowners wanting more robust coverage. Additional add-on items are also available for coverage so consumers can pick and choose other major systems and appliances they want covered. Note that First American Home Warranty only covers the wear and tear of major appliances and systems. Like most home warranty companies, First American does not cover pre-existing conditions.

When compared to other home warranty companies, First American Home Warranty has a competitive monthly cost and service fee. Some warranty providers charge upwards of $600 per year with a $100 service fee.

First American Home Warranty created its home warranty programs with not just homeowners in mind but network service providers and real estate professionals as well. Typically, for whichever home warranty plan you select, the service contract will last for one year.

If you want to learn about what customers think of the company, such as response time, customer service, and quality of repair, check out First American Home Warranty reviews below.

Call our recommended rep over at First American Home Warranty below.

3.5

Joe Rogalski
December 6th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

When I tested my basement sump pump by filling the sump with water, it took over 15 minutes to "pump" water out of the sump. By every plumbers standard this is a fault and either the sump or the valve needs to be replaced or inspected. First American charges a service fee of $75 regardless of whether the technician fixes the issue or not. The technician did not inspect the sump, but agreed that over 15 minutes to clear the sump pit of clear water indicated a non-working sump pump. After calling First American claims department, First American explained that the sump, although taking more than 15 minutes to pump water, was still working and that it was not broken. They would not allow a claim and I was still charged $75 for the service fee. You should stay away from First American. The service technical took my word for a broken sump but never tested it, recommended a replacement after describing the issue to First American, but both he and I were denied. Now I am fighting to get the technician to test the sump because that is now the only way they will honor the warranty to prove that it is in fact "broken". This is terrible service, no concern for the home owner or their situation.

Laura
December 6th, 2019 Aptos, CA DETAILS

I would NEVER recommend First American Home Warranty. It's a scam! On November 12, 2019 I called First American to renew my policy, one I had had for a year. This was a renewal of the policy, not a new policy, and I was told it could be used without a waiting period. I was also told I had 30 days to cancel it. On November 14 I called to have a service technician sent to my home to inspect an issue with the heating system. My policy had coverage for heating issues and ductwork. An appointment was scheduled with my tenants for November 20th, 2019. At this time, I was charged $75 for a service call, which I paid. The technician came to my home on the 20th and spent 15-20 minutes there, writing his report on the spot and submitted it to the First American. 48 hours later the firm called me to say they were denying the claim. They said that while they did cover ductwork, they would not cover this. I called the company back for an explanation and got the run around. On November 21, I cancelled my policy after talking with a customer service representative who not only told me that my claim had been denied (again) but since I was canceling within the 30 day time frame, I would be refunded the full $468 I spent (for a year and upgraded) just a week prior. The service agent at First American gave me the email to write to cancel my policy and I did so immediately. On December 3, I received an email saying I would be refunded only $117.74 of the $468. I called the company and talked to several customer service folks, the last telling me that yes the claim had been denied, I cancelled within the time frame and I had already paid the service call fee. She herself could not understand the discrepancy. After several minutes waiting on hold for her manager to investigate, she came back to tell me that there was a $50 claim fee (fine) and that the service repair contractor had charged First American $290 for his report. He spent 15 minutes at my home and did no work, didn’t even step in to the attic and wrote his report at my tenant’s dining room table. Clearly, there is fraud here. I paid the service fee for an assessment. No work was performed and yet $290 is being deducted from my refund.

Lenise Coleman
December 6th, 2019 El Paso, TX DETAILS

It has been a nightmare working with this company. I filed a claim in October to fix my kitchen sink, and it still hasn't been fixed. FAHW sent a plumber who told me my sink needed replaced so he would order the parts and be back in two weeks. After 3 weeks I had not heard back from him, so I called FAHW. FAHW assured me the plumber would call me the next day to set up my appointment to repair the sink. The plumber never called, so after a few days I called FAHW back and again they assured me he would call, but he never did. I have called FAHW countless times all with the same run around. It's now December and it's still not fixed, and the plumber hasn't bothered to call me to set up the appointment. Yesterday I called FAHW and guess what the rep for them said??? "I assure you the plumber from A&D will call you tomorrow. He hasn't called yet, and I won't hold my breath.

Philippe
December 4th, 2019 Encino, CA DETAILS

It took time to get our issues fixed but First American finally did.

Alice
December 3rd, 2019 Rowland Heights, CA DETAILS

The worst company ever!!!!! I had an issue with my dryer overheating. Opened a service request for someone to come out and check. The contractor First American chose came out and promised there's no issue with the dryer and it's safe to use. After a few days the dryer overheats again and almost caught the house on fire, the plastic parts inside the unit all melted leaving the house full of toxic smoke, luckily we were home or who knows what's going to happen. Called First American right away to escalate the issue because of how serious it is, hoping someone can come out and resolve the issue ASAP. The answer I got is it's not a life threatening event, so it's consider a regular case and told us to wait 48 hours before a contractor will contact us. It's ridiculous the fact that the supervisor Jose told us since we are not dead there's nothing he can do not even to escalate the case. If we are not able to unplug the unit he can call 911 for us so we can be responsible for the charge. This insurance is basically useless. Guess First American doesn't really care about their customer, for sure not their life and safety.

Amber Osbourne
December 3rd, 2019 La Mesa, CA DETAILS

First of all, beware that you cannot speak to a person if you have a problem. You will only get canned responses through their website and no resolution. This warranty came with our home purchase. The washer wasn’t draining so we opened a claim. The tech came out right away and FAHW said they would replace the washer. Two weeks later, they decided to fix it instead. Fine but why make us wait so long? The tech came back after the parts were ordered. When he put the machine back together, he forgot a part in the motor and it blew our fuse. I reached out to FAHW and asked them to fix it since it was their technician who caused the problem. The rep told me to open a new claim and she would speak to a manager about waiving the new deductible. The electrician came out and was able to fix the problem. However, in speaking with FAHW, they have decided that we will have to pay the additional deductible, even though it was their technician who caused the problem. The fuse would not have blown if he had put the washer together correctly. FAHW response is that we would have to pay a 3rd party to tell them that it was the technician’s fault, even though he admitted it was his fault. It makes no sense that I should have to pay more money to prove their fault. I am very disappointed in this company and when I renew my home warranty, it will be with a better company.

Brian
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Easy and covers alot of stuff in the house that breaks

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you Brian for your feedback.

Abdul R, Sesay
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent service, valuable customer service and trustworthy.

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you for your positive review Abdul.

Bertha Bennett
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

They always respond quickly and the problem is resolved.

Dec 04, 2019

Great to hear, Bertha. Thank you for your review.

Robert
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Always there when you need them. Never late.

Dec 04, 2019

Hi Robert, thank you for your feedback!

Diana
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Technicians are excellent! On time, correct parts & efficient timeline.

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you Diana for your review.

Helayne Van houten
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

fA always exceeds our expectations regarding follow thru and service. However we were extremely dissatisfied with having to wait 50 days for service company Accord to complete our service order. Will never use their services again

George Miller
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

The Techs show up on time, repair what ever needs to be done in visit unlest it needs a part.

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you George for your feedback, we appreciate it.

Diana
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

I've never been disappointed when I've had to contact them

Dec 04, 2019

Hi Diana, we appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing First American.

Maria Gialamas
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

They always respond in a timely manner and meet our expectations as promised.

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you, Maria. We strive to assist our customer as quickly as possible. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Derek Brown
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent customer service!! Very prompt attention to our needs!!

Dec 04, 2019

Glad to hear Derek, thank you!

Frances Domenicucci
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Great quick service, Contractors they send are first rate

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you Frances for your feedback. Glad the service provided was great!

Craig
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Everything went well the plumber was very good

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you Craig, we are glad to hear it went well.

Rita Baldwin
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent customer service, very responsive and professional

Glad to hear Rita!

Stephen Gilbert
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

They have served us well on all the items that were covered with the warranty...we have used them 3 times in the past 2 months and each time they took care of us!!

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you Stephen for your review. We look forward to servicing you again in the near future.

byron bonhomme
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

My experience with them has always been postive, and the staff, Vendors had been great and helpful

Dec 04, 2019

Hi Byron, thank you for your positive feedback and thank you for choosing First American.

jerry
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

repair request was easy, and taken care of promtly

Dec 04, 2019

We like to hear that the repair was completed promptly, Jerry. Thank you.

Kristen
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Would give 5 but had a miscommunication that cost me 2 weeks without my dryer. Once mistake was realized it was promptly corrected.

Dec 04, 2019

Hello Kristen, we are sorry to hear there was a miscommunication regarding your clothes dryer, but glad that it was resolved.

Philip Wiseman
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

there was a delay in the company coming to my house at the appointed time

Dec 04, 2019

Hi Philip, thank you for your review.

Mashawna Campbell
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Because they always have someone to get the job done

Dec 04, 2019

Yes we do, Mashawna. Thank you for your review.

James colvin
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Very courteous and very knowledgeable. Rep was new what he was doing and completed the job quickly!

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you James for your feedback.

Jamie Perry
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Have little issues dealing with them regarding my contract and any services needed

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you Jamie for your feedback.

Mary Hornbeck
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Reliable service contractors & fair premium cost

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you Mary for your review.

Jacqueline Vaughn
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Coverage is good and bad sometimes. We had a 17 year old heat and air unit that First American would not cover as they said that it quite because of abuse not age or normal wear and tear. I think 17 years is old for a unit!

Justus Roberts
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

I have only been with them a short. However, compared to one of their competitor American Home Sheild, First AMerican Home warranty is reasonly priced and more customer friendly.

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you so much for your review Justus!

Bill
December 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

It's pretty good. We've had several repairs and the contractors have been good.

Dec 04, 2019

Thank you Bill for your review. We are glad to hear the repairs were completed in a timely manner.

Real estate agent
November 25th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

They are a scam. Apparently they do not cover plumbing stoppages for clogs that do not have a clean out. The contractor refused to clear the storage and asked for $425 to put in a clean out or the stppage will remain. Ome does not have to do with the other. Many older homes.do not have one. I called other plumbers who said that was a rip off and so I had a plumber who.went out and cleared it within 10 minutes. I will.never buy a home warranty from First American ever again. I am a real estate agent and i will.never recommend it to any of my clients ever again

Reddie Gonzaga
November 25th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

This company really sucks!!!!!!!! If I could give -10000 review, I would. They denied my coverage on non working microwave bacause of grease got inside the boards per the tech that they sent. They said that this is non normal wear and tear. Its a microwave installed on top of the stove, of course grease will get in into it. I opened the microwave myself and started diagnosing the problem and found that it keeps blowing the fuse. I found (im a graduate as an electrical engineer) that the magnetron is drawing so much current that it blows the fuse. The board is definitely working and functioning. this company wont even send another tech to look at it, just a denial on warranty. They are working with these contractors that are looking for a loophole not to cover the repairs. I am really frustrated that I paid them in time and paid so much money for nothing. This company should never be in business!!! They are out there to get your money. Please, please do not sign up with this company!!!!!!!

Vicky
November 20th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

Totally agree with all the previous bad reviews. Plus they will send you an invoice for nonperformance job. They send out people can't fix your problem when I call an handy man, he fix it within 10 mins. Bad performance bad customer service but excellent money collection. Don't waste your money.

Amy Hill
November 19th, 2019 Norman, OK DETAILS

I would give them negative stars if I could. First American Home Warranty (FAHW) is the worst warranty company I have had by far! I purchased this home warranty with our new home assuming that if I had an issue, they would handle it. However, that is not the case. Our Air Conditioning stopped cooling in 100 + degree weather. I called FAHW to set up a service request on the AC. They sent out a contractor who only spent 5 minutes and put Freon in it. Within a week, the Freon leaked out and I called FAHW again to reopen the service request. They again sent out the same contractor, who again only spent 5 minutes looking at the AC. He said the coils needed to be replaced because they were overheating. He said it would take 3-5 days to get the part and then he would finish the repair. After 5 days with no contact, I called FAHW to check the status. I was told the part was on order and I would have to wait. Again we have no AC in 100+ degree weather. After 2 weeks of no contact, I called FAHW again to check on the status. Again I was told the part was ordered and I would have to wait. I started calling FAHW on a daily basis. I was told they would escalate our service request and try to get the part from some other source. This did not happen. They gave me a dedicated service rep to contact after that. But every time I called the dedicated service rep, I got his voice mail and left a message. I never received a call back. I called FAHW again and asked for a supervisor. The supervisor did nothing. After 5 1/2 weeks of calling daily and requesting the repair be completed, I had to call my own AC contractor. The new contractor came out the next day and diagnosed the issue. The following day, we had AC (no thanks to FAHW). I called FAHW to let them know I had contacted another company for repair. I gave them the phone number and asked that they call them to authorize the repair. I was told I would have to wait for the original part that was ordered to come in and be repaired. I told them this was unacceptable. We had been without AC for 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. We were told there was nothing that they could do. I asked them if that was good business practice and the rep told me no. However, he was unable to give me authorization to have the work done and I would just have to wait on the original contractor. I chose to have the new AC contractor do the work so I would have AC. I asked FAHW to reimburse me for the repair and they refused. This is bad business. I do not recommend wasting your money buying a home warranty from First American Home Warranty because they don't follow through with service requests or pay for work to be done.

Senior Citizane
November 19th, 2019 Winnetka, CA DETAILS

TOTAL SCAM!!! Washer gave out,called First American,what a joke ,never spoke to anyone from U.S.,all from South America somewhere.They sent two different tecks that didn't know the dryer from washer!1st teck spoke 3 words in English,(WASHER NO GOOD)company reported we overloaded machine.BULL!!!Wife and I been doing washing all our lives never had a problem separating whites from color.2nd teck(different company) said washer was broke because of age and needed to be replaced,of coarse 1st American blamed problem on us so they didn't have to REPAIR OR REPLACE as advertised when 1st American sold me Insurance. Please is there anyone who can stop this scam!!!Same issue when ac gave in the heat of summer,had to fork over extra 950 dollars of uncovered repairs so teck could fix the covered item that needed repairing.All the companies they seam to contract out you would never have do repairs in your home if you were looking yourself.You pay the 75.00 service fee and all the teck does is spin the washer drum with his hand!!!RIP-OFF

Teofilo Casiano
November 8th, 2019 McClure, OH DETAILS

This is by far the most dishonest company. I put a claim in. They had a company come out and lie so they didn't have to cover it. Said it was missing parts. How is that possible if it just worked? This company is a complete scam. Save yourself and do not go with this company........ update after a bunch of calls and complaining i reached the ears of the higher ups. And they fixed everything. I would of gave them 5 stars if i didn't have to fight for what should have just happened. But in the end i dont have any complaints. I am happy with the out come.

Nov 06, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to being able to address your concerns directly with you.

Alyssa
November 8th, 2019 Gulf Breeze, FL DETAILS

Will do anything they can not to cover an issue. And customer service was horrible. Just kept reading off the page and not actually answering the questions. I wouldn’t waste my money unless it’s included in the home purchase.

AH
November 6th, 2019 Fremont, CA DETAILS

Terrible service. slow and when you call, you get a message to use the website but the website does not do anything except initiate a claim. If you have any problems, you can't reach anyone to resolve it. A single microwave that was determined to not repairable took over a month and it is STILL not delivered. Stay away. I plan to cancel and switch and recommend you not use them at all.

Nikki Manley
November 6th, 2019 Fort Mill, SC DETAILS

FAHW obviously does not screen their contractors. They sent a contractor that has an F rating with the BBB to my home to repair my AC. I waited 5 months and it was never repaired. The contractor completely ruined my whole system to the point that no other contractor wants to touch it. This is the kind of people they send out to your homes and they can care less about you as a customer.

Danny
November 6th, 2019 Riverside, CA DETAILS

I recently requested service for 2 issues with my house. One issue was with a few outlets that stopped working and another with the A/C not functioning properly. I requested both services at the same time and did not receive any communication from First American for a few days until I had to personally contact them again. Only one of the requests was "addressed" which was when an "electrician" came to my home and within 10 minutes figured that the issue was not covered by the warranty. $75 service fee basically in the garbage! I have had electricians doing FREE in home estimates work harder! And that is exactly what I was forced to resort do, hiring someone else to do the work. The electrician I hired found the REAL cause of the issue and fixed it within 30 minutes, meaning that First American not only took my money but lied to me through the people they sent. To make matters worse, the issue with the A/C was then marked as completed and the service request was closed! I still dont have working A/C and I have about 10 months left with this warranty, I dont know if I will be keeping it that long.

Linda Zhu
November 4th, 2019 Cupertino, CA DETAILS

Don't buy it, not worth your money. I've two properties covered, really bad experience in the past few months. I had to make multiple calls for each claim, after requesting service online. For 1 property, the washer problem was never fixed after 2 technician visit, then I was told I had to find my own technician to get a second opinion, otherwise the case would be closed. Ridiculous! The cooktop in the other property was not fixed, because the technician claimed there was silicon seal preventing him to find the part #/serial#. The microwave was first repaired by a technician, but the problem was still there and it could not be used. Then another contractor was sent, luckily they determined it needs to be replaced. Then waited for the new microwave to be ordered and delivered, then the 3rd contractor came to install it, but didn't take the broken one away. Now I had to pay $55 to dispose of the broken one... Not to mention that everytime I called, I was put on hold from 10 -40 minutes. I just requested to cancel one of the contract, and was told no refund of the paid premium. They owe me money back! I wish some lawyer could help me sue them!!!

Sara
October 31st, 2019 Arlington, VA DETAILS

DO NOT purchase “American home warranty”!!! Make a favor to yourself and don’t lose your money buying this warranty, it is not worth it, you will pay to recibe nothing more than problems, and the worst customer service that you will ever receive. They sent me a plumber who did not know how to repair my shower and he broke it, yes! I only had a water leaking and I finished up with a broken shower. After dozens of calls (that I made because they will never care to call you) they finally say that they are not responsible so they left me with a bigger problem.

Spada
October 28th, 2019 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

Seems to be good. Service They are attentive and professional

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you Spada for your review.

Darrell Morgan
October 28th, 2019 Chattanooga, TN DETAILS

Very responsive. Professional contractors.

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you Darrell for your feedback.

Thomas Tran
October 28th, 2019 Anaheim, CA

They are not things but scam , they charge you 75 $ ,for open claim and they can not fix it, and they said it is not cover, the case closed,

Corey
October 28th, 2019 Montebello, CA DETAILS

I cannot believe how bad the customer service is. The AC at my house went out and First American sent a technician from "Platinum Repair" to do the service. The technician was rude and said he fixed the problem. A few weeks later, the AC stopped working again. First American sent "Platinum Repair" to fix the problem again and the technician didn't show. Upon calling them, they claimed they were scheduled for a different date. When they did show, they supposedly fixed the problem again. Then a couple of weeks later, the AC stopped working. I called First American, told them of the problem, and also told them that all of the reviews for "Platinum Repair" state the same bad things- the company does temporary fixes and poor work. I requested a different company, stating the listed problems as well as the fact that I have already had to take 2 days off of work for the prior calls. First American put me on hold for 30 minutes and then tried telling me that I needed to file a new claim (along with another $75 call for service fee) if I wanted a new company to respond. After some persistence, they sent "SEARS". the "SEARS" technician was polite and professional. He identified a different problem with the AC that the first two "Platinum Repair" techs did not mention. However, "SEARS" policy is that they don't work on units who have been previously been worked on by other companies. First American then told me "Platinum Repair" would be back to do the job, despite my request to have a different company as a result of all the problems I had. They told me I need to speak to a supervisor, put me on hold for an hour and then hung up. I will NEVER use First American again.

Hani Kashou
October 25th, 2019 Sugar Land, TX DETAILS

DON'T buy any of their services!!! Very bad service, rude customer service employees and supervisors never answer or get back to calls!! I purchased home warranty with them and I had a problem with my fridge I had to throw all my food away, when the technician came to check he said the thermostat needs to be changed and we need to get it and come back install it within a week. A week later he comes with the wrong part and I have to wait another week with no fridge at home in Houston Texas where the heat is crazy!! I call the insurance company and tell them this is insane to stay 2 weeks with no food or even water in fridge they said we can offer you $75 to purchase a mini fridge which you can't even buy buy a picnic cooler with this money! The cheapest mini fridge to buy or rent is more than double the price. The employee this is what we can offer it's up to you !!! Oh thank you I paid $550 for the coverage to get this answer and this service!! AVOID THEM

Sonja
October 23rd, 2019 Yuba City, CA DETAILS

They are terrible. I have had to place more than one claim with them. 2 for my ac the first one went terribly and I was out of an ac for a long time. The first company they assigned me to scheduled an appointment but never showed even with me calling multiple time asking where the technician was and being told he is in his way. For 6 hours past the initial 3 hour time frame they gave me. Then the second never answered nor called to schedule an appointment. They ended up getting me to their rarely used company because they don’t typically do warranty’s. Second time I got the same first company but this time they showed thought the technician was rude. I called with complaints for the service both times and the warranty company didn’t much care. They placate but nothing actually comes of it. This time with my stove they sent someone out and I’m pretty sure they are a shady company that doesn’t know what they are doing. Now I’m waiting for an electrician. I tried to call the company to schedule the appointment 7 times for a total of 1 answer and hang up and on the final call getting sent to voicemail the other 5 totaling almost 30 minutes of listening to it ring and going nowhere. Would definitely not recommend First American as the people they contract are bottom of the barrel and all the companies have terrible reviews and shoddy work

Tran Bui
October 22nd, 2019 Tampa, FL DETAILS

I placed a claimed on 10/11/19 because my AC did not work. They sent out 3 technicians from 3 companies but none of them know what the problems are. Then they said they will schedule an electrician. it has been over 11 days and counting, we do not have AC in the house. I have 3 year old and 5 year old sons that could not breath well due to the heat in the house. The wood floor got so moist becuase of no AC. I kept calling them to expedite the problem but they did not care the fact that i have kids. THey said they already assigned the technician and i have to wait. If they can not fix it they should have changed the unit instead of having all of us suffered for weeks. Now it become a health problem to my children. I am so helpless and do not know what to do now. They are so unprofessional and unsympathetic. I will have to look for an attorney to deal with them and seek justice for their mistreating customers.