First American Home Warranty has been an industry leader for over 35 years and has a reputation of providing quality home warranty plans with extensive coverage for homeowners across the nation. The home warranty provider has serviced millions of claims and has a large network of contractors. Warranty plans last for one year, and monthly payment options are available as well. First American Home Warranty ranked in our list of top 10 Best Home Warranty Companies of 2018.

The Good

• Decades of Experience and Company Stability
  • Comprehensive Plans
  • Coverage Limits
  • 24/7 Claims Service
  • Online Homeowner Center

Decades of Experience and Company Stability

First American has been providing home warranties since 1984. The home warranty service provider provides coverage to 38 states plus the District of Columbia. 35+ years of home warranty experience is a good indication of the company’s stability and willingness to provide quality service. Choosing a home warranty company with so much experience could be an additional peace of mind for homeowners.

Comprehensive Plans

First American Home Warranty currently offers two coverage plans and a variety of additional options for warranty coverage. The monthly cost for a First American Home Warranty plan starts at $28 per month and lasts for one year. The service fee varies by location, but you will typically pay $75 whenever you schedule a repair or replacement with a First American Home Warranty technician. Warranty plan holders can upgrade or expand their warranty plan within the first 30 days of coverage to add on additional systems or appliances. First American also offers a 30-day review period for new warranty contract holders. Customizable plans are made for homeowners, real estate professionals, as well as network service providers. First American Home Warranty's website allows anyone to receive a sample contract and specific residential warranty pricing within minutes.

First American’s warranty coverage for major appliances and systems is as follows (pricing and coverage may vary by location):

The Basic Plan - $28/month or $300/year

• Garage Door Opener
  • Ductwork
  • Central Vacuum System

Optional Coverage

For a fee, you can add additional coverage items to your home warranty plan:

• Central Air Conditioning (electric) - $9
  • Additional Refrigeration - $4
  • Pool/Spa Equipment - $15
  • Well Pump - $7
  • First Class Upgrade - $9

Coverage Limits

Unlike some others, most of First American’s covered items do not carry a specific dollar limit. First American plans do not require a home inspection be done by a contractor or maintenance records be retrieved from a repair person for coverage. The company also provides extra protection for malfunctions due to lack of maintenance, regular wear and tear, rust, corrosion and sedimentary build-up. There are no age limits on covered items, and no limit to the number of claims a customer can file.

24/7 Claims Service

No matter the time of day, customers can open a claim. First American offers a 24/7 service request hotline and a user-friendly online customer portal. First American has a nationwide network of workers and prescreens every service contractor and requires them to complete a probationary period to ensure customer satisfaction standards are met through customer survey results.

Online Homeowner Center

First American offers an easy-to-use online homeowner center for all of its customers. From this portal, a customer can open and track their claims, view their contract details, renew their home warranty, and manage communication preferences.

The Bad

• Nationwide Service Unavailable
  • First American Home Warranty Reviews

Nationwide Service Unavailable

First American provides coverage in 38 states and the District of Columbia. There is a tool on its website that allows for a zip code lookup to determine if First American provides coverage for customers in a particular state. Unfortunately, if you are out of First American’s coverage area, you are unable to receive its services.

First American Home Warranty Reviews

First American Home Warranty has some negative rewards highlighting bad customer service, delayed and lengthy response and service time, and hidden fees on appliances. We suggest reading through First American Home Warranty reviews before making a final purchase decision.

The Bottom Line

With 35+ years of experience and a large network of service providers (each contractor is reviewed and put through a probation period to ensure customer satisfaction), First American Home Warranty has comprehensive protection with high coverage limits for major appliances and systems. With monthly payment options and multiple plans, First American Home Warranty gives you more value for your money and covers customers with flexible payment options for various budgets.

First American Home Warranty created its home warranty programs with not just homeowners in mind, but network service providers and real estate professionals as well. However, the home warranty company does have some negative reviews. We suggest looking through the reviews before determining if First American Home Warranty is the right home warranty provider for you.

Call our recommended rep over at First American Home Warranty below.

3.2

Henry h
July 16th, 2019 Yuba City, CA DETAILS

I agree with many people here and I would give this outfit less than one star if i could. My recent experience with their claims dept and their so called supervisors was horrible. I was forced to go with this company because the warranty was bought for me by the real estate agent and ge did us no favor!!! This outfit does not stand by its warranty and is not clear about what it covers. Their staff is not helpful and dont return calls. Do yourself a favor and find a more reputable company. I also filed a review with the Better Business Bureau. These gurs are just domain B A D ! !

Tri
July 16th, 2019 Marietta, GA DETAILS

Just three words: The worst company! They are always trying to find reasons to not help you! I made three service requests and had a common result: not in my coverage for some stupid reasons like rat bites, outside the house ... DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY LIKE ME.

M Solomon
July 16th, 2019 DETAILS

This is a total scam. We had two different issues that we called about, one HVAC and one plumbing. They sent one company that said they could not fix the problem even though I thoroughly described it before they came (so as not to incur the service fee charge, if they couldn't fix it to begin with). Second company never showed. I had to pay both of the fees to get them to not send me to collections. This is the worst company ever. Terrible customer service. They want your money and won't fix anything.

Wagih
July 15th, 2019 Northridge, CA DETAILS

Fast service, efficient corteous and professional staff and contractors

Jul 15, 2019

Thank you Wagih for your review.

Annie Gaye
July 15th, 2019 Conyers, GA DETAILS

They respond quickly no added conditions

Jul 15, 2019

Thank you Annie for your review.

Karen Bonnell
July 15th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS

We are in the midst of our first experience with the First American Home Warranty which was provided by the realtor with whom we worked to purchase our home. Our A/C failed to cool and since the temps are in the mid-90s and one family member has health issues, this was given priority for service. We were promised a call within 2 hours. Two phone calls to FAHW and 36 hours later, we are still waiting for contact from a repair service! We will not be renewing the contract, needless to say, especially since it costs $700, not the much lower fee they list here. Even the realtor's rate was $540. Don't waste your money!

Jodi
July 15th, 2019 Goodyear, AZ DETAILS

Worst company in the world. DO NOT USE THEM IF YOU'RE LIFE IS DEPENDING ON IT. My A/C went and they sent out a company they work with, probably a large kick and said due to dog pee was the reason my A/C went out. I had Parker come in that same day and said it was due to wear and tear. I will get other estimates and CO's to come out. Please go on the BBB and complain too. DO NOT Even call them

Shanon
July 15th, 2019 Redondo Beach, CA DETAILS

Terrible experience and customer service! Any other home warranty insurance has to be better. They will do everything in their power to not help you and to save a few bucks. We needed our range hood replaced as it was not functioning. The original contractor they sent could not locate the missing part and notified First American. First American then did nothing for the next month until we called to follow up. They then realized their error and asked us for the model number, which we provided along with photos and measurements. They spent several more weeks trying to locate the part without success, so finally agreed to provide us with a replacement. Once the replacement was delivered, they placed the responsibility on us to find a contractor to install it. However, they provided us with a budget that was less than half of all the quotes we were getting. After several more weeks arguing this point, they reluctantly agreed to cover the quote provided by the contractor. Once the contractor arrived, the installation required a few unexpected extra steps, so they were charging more. We called the insurance company, but they denied the extra charges! The problem is, without it, we can’t do the installation at all! So now, we have a brand new range hood uselessly sitting in its box in our hallway, since First American refuses to provide adequate funds to install it. Thus far, more than three months later, they have provided a completely useless service as our appliance is still broken. I would encourage all homeowners and real estate agents to purchase their home warranty through any other company, as this entire process has truly been a headache and a nightmare.

Tanya
July 15th, 2019 Roanoke, VA DETAILS

Been a customer for over 13 years. Wouldn’t give 1 star if I didn’t have to. Scheduled an appointment to have my stove repaired. I was sent a work order saying that Sears would be repairing my stove on 7/12 between the hours of 8 and 5. Around 2:45 I hadn’t heard anything so I called to ask what time they would be here. I was told the appointment was for the 19th not the 12th as my work order plainly stated. I was YELLED at by two Sears employees when I insisted the appointment was in the 12th, and when I asked to speak to their supervisor....they hung up on me. I called back and asked the employee that answered to transfer me to a supervisor...which after 5 minutes of explaining to her all I wanted was a supervisor she finally transferred me. The only thing the supervisor did was make excuses for the two employees that were rude to me and refused to transfer me to her. Said that their technician would be out on the 19th. After explaining to her that I couldn’t afford to take yet another day off from work she said she didn’t know what to tell me. I asked for her email so I could send her a copy of the work order that I had plainly showing the date as the 12th. She told me she couldn’t give me her email. I called First American....They called Sears....Issue still not resolved. Offered to reschedule appointment through Sears....After the way that I was treated Sears will never get any more of my business. I paid my monthly payment for insurance and I have never been late. When I told First American that I was canceling my policy because I refused to be treated that way by their contractor, they didn’t seem to care. I should be reimbursed for this months payment because my stove still isn’t fixed! Don’t waste your money! If you notice they only respond to the good reviews.....I will make sure to let every outlet of social media know just how they do business! Very dissatisfied customer!

Mark
July 12th, 2019 Ripon, CA DETAILS

First and last claim with First American. Warranty came with house I purchased. Will not be renewing. Customer service is horrible. Technician dispatched to my home to fix a leaky bathtub faucet. Technician an hour late and reeked of smoke. When I called sub-contractor to ask why technician was late I was told that estimated time of arrival given is not accurate due to "our thing is broken. Technician did not even trouble shoot problem of leak, just told me we don't stock Kohler stuff we will need to order it. Order what? They never determined source of leak. Alerted Firs American of issue and they did nothing to resolve. In fact defended actions of their sub-contractor. Fixed myself for $25.00 less than First American service fee

Holly
July 12th, 2019 Greer, SC DETAILS

If I could leave 0 stars, I would. My household has been without AC for 56 DAYS!!! And it's July, the HOTTEST days in South Carolina. We have been with First American for over 6 years and they have in no way been willing to help us or push along the contracting company to fix our AC. We have been on the phone trying to get help, with only them saying there isn't anything they can do, that WE have to contact the contracting company. Then when we do they're telling us that we have to contact home warranty.... HUGE communication problems!! We are fed up and once this AC is fixed, we are dropping them. Save your money and go somewhere else!!!

Wilson Lee
July 12th, 2019 Walnut Creek, CA DETAILS

My house has a Bryant air conditioner panel. The panel said "System Malfunction." I explained this when I submitted my claim. The first repair person said, "I do not work on these." Instead of the First American Home Warrant (FAHW) sending a second repair person, I had to call and explain that the original repair person did not work on these. FAHW hired a second repair company. Instead of the 2nd company calling me, I had to contact them. I explained that it was a Bryant air conditioner panel. They also said it was outside their realm. So I contacted FAHW again for a 3rd time. The 3rd repairman said that something was amiss and that he would need to contact Bryant. Supposedly the thermostat was not properly attached, but this was unbeknownst to me. However, this should not have taken a month to rectify.

Jul 12, 2019

Hello Wilson, We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim. Our records indicate your thermostat was replaced on July 1, 2019. At this time, your claim is considered closed. Thank you.

VICKI Rabenou
July 12th, 2019 Odessa, FL DETAILS

my pool filter got cracked. First American Home warranty send a technician that said that water chemistry was higher than normal and because of that it is not covered. I have a professional pool service every week I asked them and he said that it has nothing to do with the crack in the filter. The chlorine was high because they had to shock the pool because the filter was bypassed. First American are looking for ways to NOT pay you when you need it! Waste of time and money! Insurance that is looking for excuses why it is not covered!

Michelle
July 12th, 2019 Pelzer, SC DETAILS

Worst experience ever. Had the warranty with zero claims for 6 years. Filed one claim for a leaking coil in my air handler. Took over 3 months to have new air handler installed, but the company they sent to install the air handler unhooked the old one before realizing they had ordered the wrong sized unit. Then, turns out the new unit they ended up installing was incompatible with my compressor unit, causing the wiring to need to be rigged to have the thermostat hooked straight to the compressor for it to work. We went without AC in the middle of the summer for 2.5 weeks during all of this. New air handler also caused system to constantly hunt and starve the compressor unit for oil to where it started to run very loudly and caused my monthly power bill to increase by $40, on top of the $590 I had to pay to this first company to essentially break my AC. I told First American and they sent another company as a second opinion about the outdoor unit. The guy from that company only visibly looked at the unit and did not look at any wiring or line pressures or anything productive and only reported back “no mechanical problems” despite the fact that the system was rigged in a way that the heat wouldn’t work come winter. I contracted a third company on my own who wrote up a detailed explanation of the issue and sent it to First American, who then replied that since their pathetic second opinion said there was no mechanical problem, there was nothing they could do. So I now have had to spend over $3000 to fix the problem that their contractors created. Oh, but they did refund my $75 service fee for the headache.... needless to say, I no longer have First American. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

C Jones
July 12th, 2019 Sorrento, FL DETAILS

I submitted a claim to First American Home Warranty for my A/C unit that was leaking inside my home . The service request was referred to a contractor, Total Air Services. They sent a technician to my home on 6/13/19. He inspected my A/C unit, and then charged my system, flushed and cleaned the lines for drainage, and cycled the system. He said that the problem was resolved. The issue returned on 6/30/19 when the leaking began again. I reopened the claim with First American as unresolved, and they sent Total Air Care Services back to my home again to address the issue. On 7/7/19, another technician came to my home. This technician arrived at my home without a uniform, no identification to prove he worked for Total Air Care, his body odor was so strong and offensive that the stench lingered in my home after he left. This technician stated that the issue was my Evaporation Coil, which would need to be removed-cleaned and inspected for leaks. He then said that it was not covered. I pulled out my First American policy that stated that the Evaporation Coil was covered. I declined moving forward with any work on the unit until I had the opportunity to speak with First American for clarification. I spoke with Maria from First American on 7/8/19, who stated that it would not be covered. She said that the policy does not cover routine maintenance. I told her that I did not submit a claim for routine maintenance, the coil was causing a leak and that since the coil is covered in the policy then the cost should be covered under my warranty. She said the contractor said it was routine maintenance and that there wasn't a leak. I told her that I had pictures of the leak that I showed to both technicians and the first technician took his own pictures of the leak as well. She kept stating that it was considered routine maintenance and not covered. I would have to pay for the maintenance of the coil. At no point, did Maria attempt to explain what exactly the evaporation coil is covered for under the policy, all she repeated was that it was considered maintenance and not covered. I pointed out to her that the first technician who came out did in fact perform maintenance on my unit when he came out to fix the leak- he inspected the unit, flushed the lines for drainage, vacuumed them out, cycled the system, added freon. Those are the same things that are done to my AC unit when I have regular maintenance done. Now that the part that is identified costs more money, they are now going to claim maintenance is not covered. I asked Maria to escalate my call to a supervisor, she transferred me, and I got the voicemail of the supervisor. I left a message, still no return call. I have also been assigned some type of claims rep, I am sure they will not call either. I have entered a complaint with the BBB, I encourage you all to do the same. If no resolution, I will be escalating further and exploring legal options. It appears from reading the complaints that this company and its substandard contractors spend the majority of their time looking for ways NOT to cover items, all while taking our premiums and service call fees.

Farhad Yamoutpour
July 10th, 2019 Escondido, CA DETAILS

We recently purchased our house in February. The seller agreed to offer home warranty coverage for us, and we accepted. The dishwasher in our house is unique, it's a split dishwasher, instead of the usual one. We quickly noticed the dishwasher collects water on the bottom half of the machine since we only use the top half. Long story short, I have paid two payments of $75 and after 5-6 technicians, FAHW refuses to replace my dishwasher. FAHW contracts with local companies (the cheapest)and those companies hire 1099 technicians with very limited English speaking skills. Not only I can't communicate to the technician what the exact problem is, but they also can't relay the problem on their report. When you call First American Home Warranty, you can clearly tell the call center is not located in the United States.

Bryan Mandella
July 10th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

We have been faithful customers for a few years now and we never had a problem until today. We live in Houston,Tx and requested A/C repair. There was a LOT of miscommunication and after being hung up on twice (please refer to the recorded conversations on 7/9), we finally received substandard service from the service company after the promised timeframe of 1-6pm cst. The serviceman arrived late with NO explanation, and when I tried to call First American, I never got through to a supervisor. I merely stayed on hold for 20 minutes until my IPhone said call disconnected. American Home Shield might provide better customer service.

sheila a brashear
July 10th, 2019 Deer Park, TX DETAILS

AZ Plumbing and Air Incorporated is only working to help First American Home Warranty to save money. Had a contract opened up to have my garbage disposal replaced as it was leaking. Technician did not have the guts to tell us what he was reporting back to First American Home Warranty. "The garbage disposal had unusual ABUSE." How in the heck do you abuse a garbage disposal? This house doesn't put potato, carrot, apple peels, egg shells, etc.... down it. Done with this rant. To say I am cancelling my contract with the home warranty is an understatement.

Hedy
July 8th, 2019 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

Worthless. Just bought a home that had a warranty with First American Home Warranty. My water heater was not working. I called to get a tech out and had to pay $75. The tech came out, said the problem was due to poor workmanship, so it wasn't covered and I was totally out the $75. I can call a plumber to come out and do a free estimate. Yet, when I call the company that is supposed to be helpful I have to pay $75 to have them come out, and if they can't fix it I'm out the money. So in my opinion this warranty is useless. I won't want to waste my money again so won't ever call them again.

Michelle P.
July 8th, 2019 Laguna Niguel, CA DETAILS

First american is a terrible warranty company! the house we purchased had to shut off the gas for termite repairs. When the gas company came to our house to turn it back on the water heater would not work. First American sent G&G Construction to take a look. When they came to my house, one guy was a grumpy old man with some high school looking kid that knew nothing. The old man came up with stupid reasons why our water heater wasn't working calling it "not normal wear and tear." However, the water heater is kept nicely in a closet and was in great condition otherwise and we had proof that it did work from the inspection. He continued to yell at us saying our gas was turned off, which we never turned it off because we ran the heater and stove. He claimed he was on our side and would do whatever he could to get the warranty to cover it. That was a lie since he told the warranty insurance it's not a covered service. My realtor knew an agent at First American named Rosie P. Supposedly she was going to send out a second opinion and was going to contact me. I never heard from anyone. When I tried to fight the bill and get a second opinion the company told me they don't do that. They ended up sending us to collections forcing us to pay the bill and I never received a second opinion. This company is only after your money and will not help.

jessica
July 8th, 2019 Milford, OH DETAILS

Our warranty came with the home we purchased. For 38 days now we have been without AC! All contact has been made by us! Took 2 weeks from the initial contact to even get a response, because we called twice! Now fighting with FAHW and the contractor, because he is so overbooked it could still be weeks before they can get to us and the compressor is in limbo. Don't even get me started on what our out of pocket cost will be, especially since its suppose to be covered! Our house been well in the 90's and multiple health issues in our household. You would think they would offer better customer service and complete the service in a timely manner, with policy renewal coming up! Very dissatisfied with the customer service we have received majority of the time and the length of time. Do not waste your money or your time! ** imagine that a reply stating they’ll contact my husband and still no contact from their company. The AC guy is here today (7/8/19) finally because I emailed him personally. Again would never recommend this company to anyone. Maybe we were just an unlucky family, but regardless- 44 days without AC even though we have a warranty that covers it!

Kelley Murnen
July 8th, 2019 Hilliard, OH DETAILS

Several issues with this company. First time we had to use them was when our basement flooded in the fall. We had 8 inches of standing water in our basement and when we called them, they said they’d send a contractor out on Monday. It was Thursday night. They offered zero guidance on what to do in an emergency situation and when we had our own contractor come out they refused to cover any of it. Also, they contractor that did finally call was a complete jerk. And then when our AC unit wasn’t working properly they said we should have it cleaned bc they don’t cover that, but would send a contractor just in case. The contractor came before the cleaner. He looked at our filter and said it could be replaced soon and then put coolant in our ac unit. He was here for maybe 10 minutes: When the other AC company came out to clean it they found a lot wrong with it, one thing being too much coolant was put into the AC unit. This company hires incompetent contractors, they really don’t cover much of anything and don’t help make a stressful situation better. Our realtor has stopped recommending, I can’t express enough to avoid this company.

Janine levin
July 8th, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Best they could offer when air-con went out for over a week in the AZ Summer was $50 for a fan. The company are aware of heart issues that the tenant has but refused to budge on their fan offer. When asked for a cheap hotel they flatly refused. Don’t do it, this company is a rip-off.

Quinn
July 8th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I have been calling this company for 2 weeks now to try and get our AC fixed. I was told on July 1st that I would be receiving a call from a manager in 24-48 hours. The contractor from Chilly Willy's missed two scheduled appointments and when First American finally sent out a different contractor they told him that he could not do anything to the AC without approval from them. We have a 3 month old German Shepard as well as a 11 month old Service dog who had surgery the day of Chilly Willy's first missed appointment. I called back again today, after having three separate people tell me I needed to wait for a manager's call back, and was informed that I needed to be transferred to the manager's voicemail machine to hear from them. Our power bill for the month is almost triple the normal cost because the company has not sent a contractor out to fix the AC problems. The temperature rises in the house to above 85 at night and above 98 during the day with unreliable cooling that is dangerous to the two humans and the puppy and service dog in the house. The customer service has been rude and inconsistent with the data they've given to me and the first supervisor that I spoke to refused to add the information that I provided him with to my file. This included the information on the service dog, the negligent contractor, the manager call request, and the reminder that I had already filed a complaint with contractor relations about Chilly Willy's services. If you are looking for a reliable company with reliable contractors and helpful customer service I would strongly suggest looking elsewhere.

Samuel
July 8th, 2019 Modesto, CA DETAILS

Apparently everyone here having problems with their AC never get the problem fix like me after almost one mont of calling and calling never agreed to their options for me and is very upsetting that they only respond on the easy fix problems, at least for me din’t work out to good it has been a terrible horrible experience hope to never cross with this home"warranty" again in my entire life thanks for nothing and for taking my money!

AWN
July 8th, 2019 Taylors, SC DETAILS

They send out the most poorly-rated companies to do work. They will find EVERY excuse not to cover expenses. We are in the middle of a huge repair bill caused by one of their contractors, and no one is taking responsibility. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Albert Estrada
July 5th, 2019 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

Pool pump went out and they had the contractor come look at it and file the report. We got an email that they received the report and that the claim was approved. A couple of hours later we get a call telling us it was not approved. The caller could not explain why it said approved online and not on the callers system. When i asked to speak to supervisor they put us on hold and after waiting 30min we hung up and called back only to get the same bs explanation from the supervisor. They dont understand the coverage and cant explain anything. Horrible customer service. Horrible explanation of why claim was approved and then not approved. I will be cancelling my policy and going elsewhere.

Rob
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Value for the warranty your paying for. Customer Service has been excellent.

Jul 02, 2019

Thank you Rob for your review.

Todd
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Getting a home warranty through First American was one of the best financial decisions I've ever made. For the cost they cover a lot and are true to the contract. Customer service has always been very professional and helpful. A great service that has paid for itself many times over..

Jul 02, 2019

Hi Todd, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Mary Casasanta
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Cannot get ahold of the contractor after multiple phone calls, text messages and messages sent to First American.

maria
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

they should have contractors who truly care for customer.

Carla Nicholson/Brading
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

called for service on our AC unit no every called me to schedule an appointment was never fixed

Joaeph
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Awesome customer service. But you need to have roof leak option like other home warranty companies.

Jul 03, 2019

Thank you for your review Joaeph. We do offer Limited Rook Leak Coverage under the real estate product.

Bill Ortiz
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

good service and fast service. The technician was very knowledgeable

Jul 03, 2019

Hi Bill, thank you for your review.

Jennifer Forman
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

They''ve been very prompt at taking care of my requests.

Jul 03, 2019

We appreciate your feedback Jennifer.

Pam
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

They have always sent someone out to my house quickly

Jul 03, 2019

Hi Pam, thank you for your review.

Mona Morgenthaler
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Very helpful and professional. Finds a solution.

Jul 03, 2019

Hi Mona. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Angie Jackson
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Our overall experience with them and a fair price for the coverage.

Jul 03, 2019

Thank you Angie for your review and business.

Mark

Pleasant disposition. Solved the problem

Jul 03, 2019

Thank you Mark for your review.

Sherwin Levinson
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Service has always been great, service fees have crept up too high.

Jul 03, 2019

Hi Sherwin. Thank you for your review.

David
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Always first rate and they quickly respond to concerns

Jul 03, 2019

Thank you David for your kind words.

Shirley
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Fast and efficient service and reliable parts

Jul 03, 2019

Hi Shirley. We appreciate your review.

Carl Best
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Did excellent service on my swimming pool claim

Jul 03, 2019

Thank you Carl for your review and we are glad to hear your pool claim was taken care of.

wayne cypen
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

things get fixed expeditiously by qualified contractors

Jul 03, 2019

Thank you Wayne for your review.

Shirley Hope
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

First American Home Warranty has been very responsive each time we have called. They are professional and efficient

Jul 03, 2019

We appreciate your review Shirley.

KAREN SWINBURNE
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

THEY WERE ON TOP OF MY ISSUE. ALSO WHEN THEY HAD TO RESCHEDULE THEY WERE ABLE TO ACCOMIDATE MY SCHEDULE AS WELL.

Jul 03, 2019

Thank you Karen for your feedback!

Nathan H.
July 2nd, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS

**READ THE CONTRACT** I have had FAHW for 3 years. I've had a claim each of the years. First year was just the dryer(minor issue). Customer service = good Year two was the dishwasher, which was replaced. A quick note about this claim. ********************************************* ***Do not just accept the offer to replace*** ********************************************* You need to research the replacement item before accepting. FAHW tried to sneek by with replacing my dishwasher with one that was half the capacity and efficiency. I refused, and they gave me another offer 2 days later which after researching I accepted. My HVAC was also having issues which took them 2 weeks to fix. Customer service = OK On this third year, my HVAC broke down again. This time it needed to be replaced. It took a week and a half to diagnose the problem and as I am writing this it is still broken. My HVAC has been out for more than a month. During this whole process I have been calling and emailing with both FAHW and the contractor they selected. It took me a whole week to squeeze the info out of FAHW about the replacement equipment. Once the equipment was ordered, they told me 2-3 days. In actuallity it has taken 2 weeks. If you use FAHW always get info in writing. I had them send me emails with the info. I've finally gotten a scheduled installation date after 2 months. The problem has always been with the warranty company, never the contractor. Customer service = Bad A quick note about the customer service. Everytime I called, they would never have the info I needed. They would have to call around in their own company to get info from others. The last time I called, they had info, but it was outdated info from when I called 2 weeks ago and they just "assumed" is was right.

Tyrone
July 1st, 2019 Midway, FL DETAILS

When I had a problem with my A/C and dryer at the same time my coverage kick in no questions ask

Jul 01, 2019

Hi Tyrone. Thank you for your review.

Lori
July 1st, 2019 Sammamish, WA DETAILS

Reading the reviews here, it is really sad to see that the only customer reviews American First Home Warranty acknowledges are the ones they like...which is consistent with their customer service. Bottom line, I bought the most comprehensive plan offered. I called about a problem with my disposal. FAHW charged me $75 and sent a plumber out who said there was nothing wrong, even though I had photos of the problem. The plumber was rushed, I didn't feel like a priority. Sometime around 3 - 4 weeks later (don't really know because I was on vacation), the disposer gave up the ghost and created a huge mess in my cabinet and on hardwood floors. I called again but was told because it was 30 days past the previous call and I would have to pay another $75 for a service call for the same problem I called about before! The plumber came out (different person from before) and replaced the disposal. First American would not reconsider the service fee for the second visit even though the problem was not fixed the first time. I feel cheated. When it is time to purchase a new home warranty, it will not be from First American. Too bad for them, and probably good for me, I was close to purchasing a warranty for my mother. I guess they did me a favor.

Jul 10, 2019

Hi Lori. We appreciate your feedback and have resolved this matter. Thank you.

Kpatel
July 1st, 2019 Rochester, MI DETAILS

Electric issue reported on Thursday and assign contractor they select doesn't respond even phone call or text. when I discuss issue with calling first americal home warranty keep telling give us time, we still searching. No action from them, I had home appliances connected, refrigerator, sump pump, garage door, all connected to that electric line has a issue. All the refrigerator food need to thrown away. If your issue is simple enough, where you can wait, only this company works, in the case of emergency, poor handling.