Stanley Security Solutions Logo

Stanley Security Solutions

Is This Your Business?
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Stanley Security Solutions, a division of STANLEY Black and Decker, provides security services and professional monitoring to commercial and governmental clients across a variety of industries including, "telecom, retail, education, healthcare, government, finance, transport, and logistics." Operating in more than 60 countries, Stanley Security is the second largest commercial electronic security company.

The Good

• Comprehensive Security Solutions
  • Fully Integrated System
  • Professional Installation

Comprehensive Security Solutions

Stanley Security has four UL-, ULC-, and FM-approved ProtectionNet™ Customer Service Centers located across the U.S. and Canada, meaning the company offers a reliable and responsive home security solution. Stanely Security systems come with 24/7 professional monitoring that detects and acts on home intrusion, fire, carbon monoxide, and more.

Fully Integrated System

Stanley Security Solutions provides a fully integrated home security system that provides real-time notifications every time the system is activated or deactivated. Systems are simple to arm or disarm, and only require the push of single button. The company's partnership with industry leaders like Honeywell, Sonitrol, and others, reduces the number of false alarms and offer wireless remote control, and web-based video surveillance, if you already have a security camera in place.

Professional Installation

Every Stanley Security solution is designed, installed, and monitored by a team of professionals. Installing a home security system from Stanley can also reduce the homeowner's home insurance by up to 20 percent!

The Bad

• Undisclosed Monitoring Options
  • Undisclosed Pricing
  • Undisclosed Equipment
  • Lengthy Contract

Undisclosed Monitoring Options

While Stanley Security provides plenty of information on its commercial offering, the company is less forthcoming about its residential security solution. For example, customers will need to inquire as to how the system components are integrated, e.g. by landline, cellular network, and/or wireless monitoring.

Undisclosed Pricing

As every Stanley Security system is built custom to the homeowner's specific needs and budget, the company does not disclose pricing upfront. That said, many leading home security companies will at least disclose monthly monitoring, installation, and cancellation fees.

Undisclosed Equipment

While Stanley Security mentions Honeywell and Sonitrol by name, the company does not go into detail as to what specific equipment it uses for its systems, e.g. control panels, motion detectors, glass-break sensors, emergency alarm system, security camera systems, or a mobile app.

Lengthy Contract

A Stanley home security alarm system requires a 36-month minimum contract. Although this is on-pace with some leading home security companies, a many quality security providers offer much shorter, even month-to-month contracts. A look at verified Stanley Security reviews will determine whether the service is worth the contract length.

The Bottom Line

While Stanley Security Solutions is one of the largest electronic security companies in the world, its strength and focus appears to lie primarily in its commercial offering. If the home security system it provides is anything like its business security suite, customers are in good hands; however, much more information is required before one can determine whether Stanley Security can be a true competitor in the residential security space.

1.9

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Andrew O Wilton, CT

The security consultant that Stanley sent out helped me get my business into the 21st century. I now have card access on all my doors, video surveillance, and security monitoring. The video camera in my parking lot paid for itself in the first 2 months by catching a license plate of a car that damaged my front gate. Stanley is a fantastic company and I would not trust the bad reviews from few negative people when they have thousands of clients worldwide.

Marlen

Awesome company to deal with. I left Telus because they kept not showing up, and moved to Stanley. Price was a bit better and I have much more control over it as well with more cameras. Great salesman and friendly service. 4 months in, and having a great experience. I would recommend this company 100%

tile counter tile countertopk Las Vegas, NV

This Company is a joke!!!! They are worth no stars.!,,,, For the last year ever since they took over TSI It has been a nightmare for me. They got all the TSI accounts, including mine, which they’re going to lose one by one because of their poor service. I am not receiving calls when my alarm goes off, they are not asking for a passcode when they call and the alarm goes off. I was a TSI customer for almost 20 years and never had a problem even if I accidentally tripped the alarm I would get a phone call can you make sure the premises were safe. This was comforting and I didn’t mind paying for it. But now that Stanley took over there telling me they’re not gonna call on a false alarm, well how do they know it’s a false alarm? they don’t! And then they give you all this crap that it’s an automated system and the computer didn’t register it yada yada yada... Spoke to Ron H, And he just gives you the runaround well we’re going to fix it. He’s been trying to fix it for over a year now and it’s still not working properly. Needless to say they try to raise their rates last month it’s over $95 which is ridiculous. I’m done with this company and trying to get the service that I’m paying for. You won’t get the service. Go try another monitoring company. And they won’t Compensate you for not providing the service that they’re supposed to. So sorry TSI left the area.and he just gives you the runaround well we’re going to fix it. He’s been trying to fix it for over a year now and it’s still not working properly. Needless to say they tried to raise their rates last month to over $95 which is ridiculous. I’m done with this company and trying to get the service that I’m paying for. You won’t get the service. Go try another monitoring company. So sorry TSI left the area

Kari Salem, OR

This is a horribly managed company; it's so incredible hard to do anything with them. Been a customer for over 20 years as we were grandfathered in from a different company. I just recently canceled my account with them. First of all, they are extremely overpriced when compared to the alternatives. Secondly, their customer service is atrocious. Our system started beeping regularly during business hours (it's by the front door so customers could clearly hear it). We called to have someone out to look at it. They wanted to originally schedule a tech two days out. That obviously doesn't work because we're a running business and it's literally beeping very loudly in our show room. Told them we need them out before noon (this was first thing in the morning around 8:00). They said okay and sent a guy out. Turns out when I switched phone companies the line for the security system didn't get switched over. We told the tech guy we'd have Comcast back out to fix it as it was they're job that they messed up; Tech guy said no he could take care of it quickly and that he'd just fix. I was then charged $607.00 for this service call!!! The problem is we've had tech calls EXACTLY like this within the last 3 years for the same issue (alarm was constantly beeping) and were never charged. Apparently the call was escalated to an "emergency" call which is not covered on our plan when we insisted someone be out same day. But it was done so without informing us that it was being escalated or that it would cost additional to have a guy out so soon. This all happened in October. I received the bill in November which is the first time I realized they charged me. I called to dispute it and opened a case. In the meantime they charged my credit card to pay that invoice as well as another 4 month premium for Dec-March AFTER I had removed my credit card from the autopay system and turned auto-pay off. So they unlawfully charged my card and they charged it for an invoice that was in dispute. After that I was extremely upset and wanted to cancel my account. Normally you have to give 60 days notice but because of the longevity of my account that requirement was waived, however, their online cancellation form would only let me put a date 60 days out. I went ahead and submited the form and then imeediately called customer service to have them manually adjust it for my subscription to end Nov 30th so that I wouldn't have anything more to pay and they would now owe me a refund for the full premium they unlawfully charged to my credit card for the period Dec-March. So now they owe me around $1100 (the 4 month premium as well as the service call charge that was not disclosed). I submitted the cancellation request first week in Nov. I called first week in Dec to make sure the account got cancelled and was informed that the form was not updated and it still had the original cancellation date in Jan. The rep said he fixed it and back dated the cancellation to Nov 30th. By January 1st I had still not heard ANYTHING from them regarding the refunds/dispute cases even after leaving multiple voicemails and emails to the supposed representatives who are in charge of handling my cases about every two weeks. Jan 3; I just called again to make sure my account was cancelled and check on the status of things and see if I can get a hold of someone. Turns out my account was cancelled but it was cancelled on the day that I called in Dec which was the 9th. With that they did apply a credit to my account for the service range of the Dec 10-March however they are charging me for service the 1s-9th as my subscription wasn't cancelled until the 9th. I finally got a hold of the person who is supposed to be in charge of issuing me a refund and he said he will try to get the whole premium (Dec-March) refunded to me and that he still has to send the case for the service call dispute to someone else to approve or deny. I am simply blown away by the absolute disregard for customer service, accountability and orverall lack of management in this company. I honestly don't understand how they are even still in business with how dysfunctional they are. Still don't have my $1100 back!

Jim Spokane, WA

Terrible Business Alert: Stanley Security Systems! Please! Please! Please, keep your family and your business safe from this company if you want to avoid the hardship they have put us through! We are a 2016 & 2017 business of the year here in Spokane Washington, in the gymnastics industry, and have nothing but terrible feedback and I cannot beg you enough to STEER CLEAR! Their product frequently did not work for us, we could not quickly get issues responded to, anybody who might be able to help us just never respond to any attempt to contact them, WORST OF ALL THEY CHARGED US A CANCELATION FEE OF ALMOST $1000 BECAUSE WE COULD NO LONGER TAKE THE ABUSE AND COULD NO LONGER RISK A FAULTY SECURITY SYSTEM, BUT THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM CHARGING US FOR DITCHING THEIR TERRIBLE BUSINESS. We've been hurt so badly that I wont even purchase Stanley TOOLS any more. Dead. Serious

E Holcomb Tulsa, OK

Our experience with Stanley Security was always negative. Our business in Tulsa, Oklahoma - the system provided false reads on numerous occasions often resulting in middle of the night wake up calls. Alarm maintenance always was difficult and time consuming. Stanley tried to force system upgrades routinely and increased rates yearly. After several years of tolerance, when we moved locations - fine print cancellation provisions cost approximately $900

Marie-Christine Ouimet

My alarm has not been functioning since Sept 3. I was promised a technician would contact me. But this has not happened even though I’ve been promised someone would several times. Three phone calls today and no return call from them. Do not waste your money. Worse decision I ever made.

SAM HARB

watch for thier contracts read the small print where they take over your existing system for £1 . Also the call out charges are huge something like £270 for 1st hour , even if things are supposed to be under the maintenance service that you pay for but the engineer will create any reason to charge you to get his cut.

Tech Stuff Bradenton, FL

Integration of systems is not possible here, perhaps we where asking too much. (Doors with key cards to turn off alarm system when entering building)