SafeTouch Security was founded in 1988 and has offices in Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and Orlando, Florida. The company has an office in Savannah, Georgia as well. While more transparent with many aspects of its pricing, there are still significant improvements needed to the company's transparency in terms of its service contracts.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Serving Florida and Georgia Since 1988
  • Home Automation Available
  • Alarm.com App Available to Control System
  • Some Transparency on Pricing

SafeTouch Security has served areas around Orlando, Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville, Florida, with another office in Savannah, Georgia. The company offers its customers security and home automation products with monthly monitoring. Customers can control their system with a mobile device using the Alarm.com app or from any internet browser. Distinctive from other companies, SafeTouch Security offers customers transparency on its pricing, but only to a degree. There remain voids of information that is offered by other companies.

The Bad

• Lack of Pricing on Website
  • Customer Reports of Confusing Contract and Cancellation Policies

In spite of publishing some of its prices, customers must dig for information. Highly unusual is the company's policy of posting prices for its packages on Facebook, rather than on its website. Adding to the lack of transparency is that the company does not publish information about its service contract online. There are many reports from customers which state that the company has multiple hidden terms in its service contract, with an auto renewal for all contracts, hefty cancellation fees, and that the company requires at least 30 days notice to cancel the contract at the end of the term. Customers are supposedly required to submit the request for cancellation in the form of a certified letter, according to multiple reports. Without sample contracts published by SafeTouch online, these anecdotal reports cannot be substantiated or disproven.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

SafeTouch Security has many features that customers would find attractive. Those with an existing security system that is not under a monitoring contract can subscribe to the company's monitoring service. There remains adequate concern about the company's lack of transparency about its contract and odd practice of publishing pricing on its social media pages exclusively for BestCompany.com to suggest caution to customers before entering into a long-term contract without fully understanding the entire contract.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.5

B Ra

February 4th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could choose no stars I would. Buyer beware. If you buy the equipment outright, Safetouch will change the master code (they call this their “programming”). This will then prevent you from using the equipment with any other company because they refuse to give the customers the master access code for your own equipment. This is not the code for setting and turning off your system, but another code. No one else can access your system without this code unless you want to go thru a bit of IT witchery and purchase another device to “read” the code. The cost is not $30.00 per month but a bit over $ 40.00

Toni Maribelli

December 16th, 2019 Homestead, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT USE. Not a trustworthy company. SafeTouch is not a company that tells you the truth. I had asked for one year and wound up with three but wasn’t aware until I called to disconnect. I thought all was good then they billed again. I called and that’s when I found out it was for 3 years.

Joe Hussar

October 31st, 2019 Montverde, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I installed a new safe touch security system (replacing/upgrading) my previous Safe Touch system. From the time it was installed August 2019, to now end of Sept. , it has not worked correctly. The response from Safe Touch has been worse than bad - they don't care. I spent weeks trying to get them to come out. They did after I finally was able to contact the local (Orlando, FL) office (that required a great deal of effort because Safe Touch makes it almost impossible to contact someone locally) - but the problem resurfaced the day after they left. I finally got a visit scheduled for 10/31 (8am - 10am). No one showed up - I contacted them and was advised the time was now 3pm - impossible because my wife and I could not be here then. I told them it was urgent because we were leaving the country on 11/8. They said they couldn't get here until, maybe, late November. Think about it - "impossible to find time to schedule a maintenance call in the next 7 days?" I was told they couldn't rearrange anything on their schedules because ALL of the other maintenance calls were requested before mine. ….. Is that "customer Care"? "Customer Service" It's a joke.

Lynda Fitch

October 10th, 2019 Satsuma, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with SafeTouch since 2006 and they have always been there when I called and took care of my problem right away either by phone or sent a technician out. Replace batteries as needed and when I moved they sent someone out and took the equipment and moved it to my new location. They just recently replaced my panel. I have had a few times that I have had to wait over a week to get someone out. But I would recommend them to all my family and friends.

nome

April 26th, 2019 Hernando, FL

I started working with SafeTouch in March 2019 everything was good but unorganized. However I spoke to Management and let them know I was moving and they said it was ok as long as I was in the office by 7 so it was a relief for me to know I wouldn’t be homeless, a week later A new manager Carlos comes in to replace the manager that’s there, I also let him know I was moving and that I was given permission before I wrote a 2,000.00 check for my house, Thursday I was in his office speaking to him about it he said it was fine because someone else travels an hr and 45 min which is a longer drive than mine, and also I was fine because he was told I was a good Technician, Because of his attitude 3 technicians gave their 2 week notice he told me that in his office and asked me if I was leaving I said no I’m not going anywhere I have bills to pay he said ok great I’m gonna make it worth your while and I said ok no problem. While we were standing in the warehouse he asks me if i’m Puerto Rican I said no I’m Italian so he said oh so you don’t speak it, I said no i’m White (Italian) I don’t speak it or understand it, mean while everyone in the office speaks it in front of me making me very uncomfortable ! So Friday goes by and we are off the weekends come monday I was terminated supposedly because I was moving but this new manager who is a US Army Reserve terminated myself and another white Technician and hired another spanish Technician, However I never had a warning for anything at all and I am the first one at the office everyday. I’m thinking I was terminated for being white and not hispanic, because he terminated two white techs for 1 spanish Tech 🤔. At this point I may speak to someone about this, it could be an attorney or it could go to the news.

Florida Jay

January 22nd, 2019 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far so good. Ive had the system for over 2 months. I have not experienced any issues and the peace of mind I get at night while I sleep makes it worth it to me. I wouldn't trust DIY systems as they are targets for burglars and not worth it. I spend $46 a month which includes camera monitoring, my smart home features and some great equipment. ADT has long term contracts as well so while I didn't want to sign 36 months either, I knew for a legit system I would need to regardless with safetouch or elsewhere. Safetouch service has been prompt and effective for me so far!

Robert Lowry

January 2nd, 2018 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alarm system failed after about 6 months refused to warranty system had to pay for 30 months of a useless system called ADT had new system installed at no charge just pay for monitoring.Safe touch nothing but crooks no way out of contract warranty useless company with no service.

Vernon Cline

August 26th, 2017

Having a live person from anywhere in your home to talk to is very reassuring. If you are unable to call for help they can. Within 90 seconds average.

Ded

July 12th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

They were very efficient when it came time to sign the contract or set up the equipment and even worked with me on evenings and weekends. However, when time came for them to come by to replace the low battery in the display or find out why the internet connection was faulty, they only had hours during the work week, which I initially was told they are flexible, plus they try hard as hell to walk you through fixing issues yourself over the phone, instead of sending a technician out. Ummm. what am I paying you people for?? Horrible company.

linda

March 28th, 2017 Orlando, FL

I just bought security cameras that I pay $6.00 a month. It only offers 1000 clips then shuts down til the next month. The clips only last less then 24 hours. I paid 259.00 a piece for them and have called them to complain that they are useless. They have said the cameras are mine now and they really don't care how useless they are. If I want another system I can pay 2300.00 and they will not take my cameras back I am stuck with them.

Gene V. Stangle

March 13th, 2017 Oviedo, FL

Excellent customer service, dependable, and when a monitor would malfunction they were their to fix it the next day. Never a charge for replacing a failed monitor. I recommend Safe Touch to my friends and family.