Link Interactive

7.1

Link Interactive is a do-it-yourself security provider with over 60 years of experience under its belt. The company primarily sells 2GIG equipment, though other brands are available for add-on security and home automation components. Link Interactive charges $30.99-$44.99 per month for its monitoring services.

Click here to go straight to Link Interactive reviews.

The Good

• 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Takeover Options
  • Many Equipment Options
  • Own the Equipment
  • Versatile Contracts
  • Three Comprehensive Package Options
  • Home Security Cameras
  • Video Analytics
  • Free Go!Control Panel Included with All Packages

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Link Interactive provides a 30-day money-back guarantee on its equipment and services, which gives customers a nice window for a trial run.

Takeover Options

The company also offers a takeover program, which makes it easy to switch over existing security equipment. Link Interactive will help customers expand an old security system into a state-of-the-art system, offering their own monitoring service, remote access, and automation.

Many Equipment Options

Link Interactive has many equipment options, including various disaster sensors that monitor flood, heat, freeze, smoke, and carbon monoxide levels. The company also offers a variety of home automation gadgets like smart locks, thermostat, smart lights (bulbs and switches), video monitoring, a remotely controlled garage door opener, and even a doorbell camera.

Own the Equipment

Though customers pay for this equipment out of pocket, they always own the products. This is in contrast to other home security companies that require you to send back equipment when your contract expires.

Versatile Contracts

Customers can sign up for a one-year, two-year, or three-year contract. A three-year contract is the standard for most home security companies, so it's encouraging to see a company that's a little more versatile.

Three Comprehensive Package Options

Link Interactive also provides several package options, and all include a wider array and number of security components than you get with most companies-DIY and professionally installed alike. Depending on the package, customers get:

• 3-5 door/window sensors (the norm in this industry is three, at best)
  • 1-2 motion sensors (other providers offer one, if any)
  • 1 wireless smoke/heat/freeze sensor
  • 1-2 light/appliance modules
  • 1-2 thermostats
  • 1 indoor camera
  • 1 outdoor camera

This is among the most comprehensive security/home automation packages we've seen. All systems are powered by Alarm.com and connect you to a certified professional monitoring station. Home automation devices are Z-wave products that can be managed from a mobile app.

Home Security Cameras

Link Interactive is one of the few home security companies that sells standalone cameras as well. These cameras can be accessed from a mobile app on your phone or tablet and even include night vision capabilities. They can also be incorporated into Link Interactive's traditional home security systems.

Video Analytics

Now included in Link Interactive's Elite plan are 3,000 video clips and video analytics. To compare, the majority of other home security companies only offer 1,000 clips.

Link Interactive's video analytics continuously scan your property and only notify you when people, vehicles, or animals are detected. Combined with new virtual tripwires and fenced­-in activity zones, you can enhance perimeter security and gain more insight into what's going on at home.

Once a person, vehicle, or animal is detected, you receive an enhanced alert with a thumbnail image showing what was caught on camera. You only receive video alerts on what matters most to you. For example, when:

• A person enters the yard, but not animals
  • A car pulls into the driveway at night, but not when it drives past
  • Someone loiters on the porch, but not when mail is delivered
  • Pets get on the sofa, but not when they are walking around the room

Additionally, you can even use Link Interactive's video analytics to trigger light automation like turning on an outdoor Z­-Wave light when a person is detected in the driveway.

When you view video analytics clips, playback begins when people, vehicles, or animals are detected. You can also create rules to automatically turn on Z-­Wave lights and devices whenever a person, animal, or vehicle is detected. For example, you can deter unwanted visitors from approaching your property by having interior lights turn on, making it look like someone's home ­ even when there's not.

Free Go!Control Panel Included with All Packages

Each package includes a free Go!Control panel ($251 value), which customers own.

The Bad

Cancellation Terms

Customers are locked into a contract and are responsible for 75% percent of the remaining balance should they choose to cancel early. However, this is common within the home security industry.

The Bottom Line

Link Interactive offers a variety of security and home automation equipment—one of the best price-to-feature ratios out there. Some great benefits when going with Link Interactive include a 30-day money back guarantee, multiple equipment options, and no upfront costs. Read Link Interactive reviews below to learn about the company's customer service and monitoring service.

Call our recommended rep over at Link Interactive below.

not_listed_location

Link Interactive Frequently Asked Questions

How does Link Interactive’s pricing compare to other home security companies?

Link Interactive’s cost is on par with other top-rated home security providers. Its monthly monitoring fee ranges between $30.99 and $44.99, and the company does not require any upfront fees.

Your monthly cost will vary depending on if you want the standard security package with basic security equipment or the more advanced package with home automation capabilities and video monitoring and analytics.

What is Link Interactive’s cancellation policy?

If a customer chooses to cancel before their contract expires, they'll be responsible to pay 75 percent of the remaining balance.

Does Link Interactive require an installation or activation fee?

No, Link Interactive does not charge any upfront fees for activation or installation.

Does Link Interactive offer a money-back guarantee?

Yes, Link Interactive has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you decide to cancel its services within 30 days, you will receive a full refund.

Does Link Interactive provide a price-lock guarantee?

Yes, Link Interactive offers a three-year price-lock guarantee. This means your bill will remain the same amount and will not fluctuate for the length of your contract.

Is Link Interactive equipment backed by a warranty?

Yes, Link Interactive offers a three-year warranty on all equipment.

Are Link Interactive reviews positive?

Yes, the majority of Link Interactive reviews are five stars, with many customers noting that the company has excellent customer service, affordable prices, and reliable equipment.

Is Link Interactive a do-it-yourself security solution?

Yes, the company is a DIY security provider that has easy-to-use equipment you can install yourself.

Does Link Interactive offer home automation?

Yes, Link Interactive has a mobile app that allows you to control your security and home automation in one place. With the app, you can set security schedules, access live feed of your security cameras, adjust the thermostat temperature, lock and unlock doors, turn on and off lights, and more.

Message from
Link Interactive

Link Interactive offers the best value in security and home automation. No other company gives you 5-star customer service, our award winning app, and the best technology in equipment all at an amazing price. We back all of this with a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee! We have been in business for almost 70 years and are confident that you will be amazed as you join thousands of others in obtaining the peace of mind you deserve.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

bookmark

Featured Review

Deb Salyers

Very positive on all levels. Customer service has been consistently excellent.

bookmark

Featured Review

Rose Gundersen

Trouble-free, user-friendly and very reliable. Customer service is excellent. I am very satisfied.

Disappointed customer Irving, TX

Very poor service. First, I spoke with a sales person who said he would check to if I could drive over pick up the equipment since I live in same city and state. He said he would talk to his boss and get back with me. He never did but evidently it was okay because it said in the office waiting for me to pick it up for about 3 to 4 days. Then the following week it was finally shipped out. Then nobody's called to check to see if I've got it connected and the camera up and going. I haven't I've had trouble but that hasn't stopped them from charging me. All they've cared about is just selling me their product I should have gone with another company!

Mark Montgomery, AL

unlike other alarm companies Link Interacitve lets you see all the detailed info for each alarm product before you buy. Very difficult to install. After a month of many support calls trying to figure out how to install and some defected products it is working well now.

Reply from Link Interactive

We are sorry to hear that you had issues during the install. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you got your system up and running.

Feb. 12th, 2020

SkylarPickens Houston, TX

The greatest home security around. Helps me make sure my family and i are safe at all times! Very easy to set up and the people who came and set it up were very respectful on showing me how to work it!

Reply from Link Interactive

Thanks for the feedback! We hope to get 5 stars from you in the future. We will work hard to continue to earn your business.

Jan. 24th, 2020

Charles Morrison Westerville, OH

Never talked with them. Always on hold...even when I tried sales. Always on hold when I tried service. So I don't think they care about sales or service. Clearly not a company I want do deal with.

Reply from Link Interactive

We are sorry we were never able to connect. Looks like we both called each other lots of times playing phone tag. We wish you all the best!

Nov. 1st, 2019

Andrey

good, always respond in timely manner , never had a problem for 3 years

Andrew Boss

Great. Directions manual needs to be updated

Kevin

Very friendly and helpful. Almost always answer the phone, and if they don't, they call you back promptly.

Sean Ranel

It's been soso. The sales guy was knowledgeable and personable. I'm impressed with the preconfigured sensors out of the box. Disappointed in the doorbell setup. I have to run wiring and it's pretty involved which is what I specifically asked not to have to do. It's still in the box.The control panel wont do voice only when doors open and close even though it's set for voice. Support hours favor the east coast whereas I'm on the west. By the time I get off work at 6pm my time Link support is closed. I'm close to sending it all back.

Trudy Ferrouillet Gusman

Well personally I am disabled and I am working on installing this alarm. My friend who recommended the system begin assisting me and if still is not complete. I'm disabled, legally blind with a prosthetic arm, now how am I supposed to install system? Anyway, I have one contact that does not work, I have reassigned contacts by number and will call next week. I've been paying monthly monitoring payments for nothing.

Ruth Anderson Long Beach, WA

Friendly and knowledgeable customer service.

J

Installation was horrible. There was nothing that helped me install all my existing sensors package. I had to Google everything. Very hard and frustrating trying to figure it out

Dr. Jonathan Preiss

They are responsive to my concerns and they are cost effective.

Gary D Buller Jacksonville, AR

The guy I talked too was very informative and friendly and appreciated everything he told me, but decided to not make a change right now

James

Customer service is excellent. Very responsive and helpful. The system is very functional and works well.

Alwyn Codrington

Positive, helpful, always available to answer questions.

Marta Reyes

Not great, do to this company don't call police because my alar has disarmed twice and I don't get one cortesy call ans ask if we are ok so not sure if you are great servise

Thomas Garrigan

Helpful overall, haven't needed too much yet which is good. I do have a question about response times. From the time an alert is generated, how quickly is the appropriate party (Fire, EMS, Police) notified and dispatched? If i don't respond to a call or text and neither does the secondary contact (my wife), how long does it take? Also, if we push the "Panic" button on the app, does that prompt a call/text verification or immediately dispatch the authorities?

Michelle Hebron, KY

Link Interactive is an easy company to deal with. The system has been very reliable and was easy to install. I like the smart phone app.

Beverly Phoenix, AZ

Being able to control the system through the app is great. If I need anything, I can just chat with them 24/7. The only problem we had was some difficulty setting it up.

Mary Rochester, NY

Customer service is very detailed and the system is affordable.

Alok Wichita, KS

Very responsible to all my questions and attentive to my needs. They are always available if I have any problems or need any further instruction on how to do it and how to use it that's what I think's al you will do me. Right now, everything works fine and it seems to be a very good equipment.

David Sacramento, CA

The quality of the equipment is good, although we're still in our first 30 days. When assessing the needs of the customer, Link Interactive should make in more clear about the amount of space being protected, so they can make an accurate recommendation the first time around. Although they were excellent in their support for us making the decision to use them, they did not take into consideration the full square footage of my property. As a result, we had to make another purchase, which we were not expecting. Considering that this is a business, that meant I had to go through board of trustees, and supervisors, and things of that nature. It made it more difficult than if I was just a residential purchaser.

Michaela Whitmore Lake, MI

This system is easy to use and I like its quality. I think they were easy to work with and also knowledgeable. Seven was the first individual I came across; he was very helpful in explaining the nature of the system and how it would work. Ashley C was absolutely outstanding helping program the system and she's she's very talented and I think you're very lucky to have her. Overall the experience has been good thus far. We'll see you know how things progress as we go along but is the system is up and functioning but I would highly recommend it for others you know that's far this message has been absolutely excellent.

Anonymous Freeport, FL

High quality people and good customer support. I compared all of the major brands, but the do it yourself installation mode and pricing was important. Quality and pricing go hand in hand. Every time I've called him in the set up installation and even issues that have come up after, their supporters absolute superb

Anonymous Wheaton, IL

The technology is easy to use and seems to work. Customer support is responsive.

Myrna

Everyone has been very helpful. I like that it's on my phone to let me know what is going on in my house.

Braden Staten Island, NY

Link Interactive is an excellent company. They are always available and the pricing is very competitive, I was paying a lot more and had nothing close to what I have now with my previous alarm. It is the most up to date technology. You can always call and somebody is going to pick up.

Anonymous Sugar Land, TX

The device is easy and affordable. They could improve their remote entry. They were helpful with what I needed.

Stephenq Gatlinburg, TN

It is the best value in terms of total cost and monthly monitoring fees. It has never failed so far.

Anonymous Stafford, VA

Poor truth telling. Poor system connection. Poor customer satisfaction. Poor contract arrangements

Secure Now Keystone Heights, FL

As a first time buyer of a home security system, I contacted Sales and Customer Service many times initially. I like the professional attitude of every representative. The area that might improve would be the booklets instructing setup and explaining the required parts.

Maria Bayside, NY

I was in search of a home security system and was overwhelmed when I saw just how many there were out there! As soon as I spoke with the rep on the phone about the Link system- I know I found the right one and the search was complete! The rep was very knowledgeable about his system- the features and the benefits and how it topped the competition. He was courteous and not pushy at all, but was very confident in the link system. Pricing was amazing for the system that I was purchasing and the the top of the line equipment exceeded my expectations upon delivery- which was also quite fast! Setting the system up was easy and the customer service rep who helped me (over the phone) was very polite, knowledgeable as well, and made sure I felt comfortable with the system before she would hang up- she walked me through all the checks! I love the system but I love the security of Working with a family business where you feel like a person and not just a sale! They addressed every billing question and made sure the plan worked best for me and explained the warranty- I know I made the right decision for me and my family!

Attila Nagy Columbia, MD

It was very easy and straightforward to set up the system. A motion activated recording feature for the outdoor camera would be nice. The power supply of the IQ Panel 2 is unnecessary bulky.

Tony Orangeburg, SC

Good customer service and a quality product. Love using the app.

David Windsor, CO

Customer Service is top notch and the alarm system is fantastic.

Nancy Satterfield Madison, AL

Set up was not as easy as they claimed. Many items required a call to the help desk/customer service whereas they sold me a product that supposedly I could do on my own. I wish I had bought a system where someone just came out, helped me determine my needs and installed and then it was done. I don't think I have saved any money with Link.

Anthony Glaviano Leavenworth, KS

They were real professional friendly and easy to talk to and always willing to help you out with your services

Kristi Dallas, TX

It's simple and easy to install and maintain.

George Albany, OR

Digitally more friendly!! We were told that Link Interactive does monthly tests!! When??

Joseph

The devices are pretty responsive. I had to call back several times to make sure everything was working.

Amber Crescent City, CA

Customer service is always available for when I call. I like the 24/7 technology.

George Eagle Mountain, UT

I have yet to actually get it to work. I would like someone to come out and fix it rather than try and do it over the phone. I am not getting any value out of this service.

Elliott Richmond, VA

They are very responsive and easy to get a hold of. It is mobile friendly. I had a couple issues with the sensors but got them back up.

Johan Miami, FL

I like how they are able to use my own equipment in their service. I haven't had any problems with contacting them.

Duane Pascagoula, MS

Customer service will always answer your call, and give you correct positive results. The equipment is high quality.

Ai Yu

You can use the service through your mobile phone which is convenient. I found the customer service people to be very patient and thorough.

Jeremiah River Forest, IL

Link Interactive has competitive pricing and quality of service. The service is modern, it's easy to use, and it has low monthly fees.

Nicole Panama City, FL

Customer service is very helpful. They call to check up on us. The service itself is easy to use and the devices are well made.