Fluent Security is a company whose team members have 70 years of combined experience in the security industry. The company offers customizable, state-of-the-art security, technology, and energy management products and services. It also offers convenience by providing you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control all your systems from one integrated interface. Additionally, Fluent prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service and the company strongly believes in giving back to the community through charitable donations.

However, looking through Fluent Security reviews, many consumers are disatisfied with the company's services and note poor customer service, hefty prices, and faulty equipment. Especially with a short equipment warranty and a 36-month contract, you may want to consider looking into other home security companies before making your final purchase decision

#1 Protect America chevron_right
4.1
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Customizable Plans and Equipment
  • Home Automation
  • Remote Access via the Alarm.com App
  • 24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring
  • Fluent Guarantee

Customizable Plans and Equipment

Fluent Security does not provide pre-built packages, rather it offers you a custom solution that allows you to hand-select security equipment that suits your needs so you don't have to pay for features you don't need. This provides more versatility to customers and peace of mind that they won't be missing out on any security solutions they desire.

Standard Features Included

• Email and text notifications

Optional Features Included

• Carbon monoxide monitoring
  • Flood & freeze detection
  • Personal emergency device (medical)
  • Lighting control
  • HVAC control
  • Automated door locks
  • Remote real-time video

Home Automation

Fluent Security offers home automation capabilities along with its home security systems. With Fluent's home automation, you can:

• Monitor and remotely control door locks
  • Adjust thermostat
  • Access 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security cameras
  • Turn on/off your lights remotely
  • Arm/disarm security system remotely
  • Receive security notifications via the Fluent App

Remote Access via the Alarm.com App

Fluent also provides you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control your system remotely in real-time. This is great for consumers who want access to their home security system from anywhere at any time.

24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring

Fluent offers 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring 365 days a year while providing you with an easy to use touchscreen control panel, a customized 8-point security system and will send you email and text notifications when necessary.

Fluent Guarantee

Unique to Fluent, the security company provides its customers with this guarantee: to only use state-of-the-art equipment, 80% of all support calls answered within 60 seconds, resolution of customer concerns on the first call, or service issues guaranteed to be serviced within seven days, and any customer not serviced within one week will receive free monitoring until their issue is resolved.

The Bad

• Prices Not Disclosed on Website
  • Fluent Security Cost
  • Three-Year Contract
  • Negative Fluent Security Reviews
  • Short Equipment Warranty
  • $99 Moving Fee
  • No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Prices Not Disclosed on Website

Fluent Security doesn't post any pricing information on its website, rather the company asks that you contact them so it can provide you with a custom quote based on your specific needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing because by doing so you will only be paying for those products and services you actually need. However, this is definitely inconvenient for customers looking to quickly and easily compare Fluent Security's prices to other home security providers.

Fluent Security Cost

Fluent Security has high monthly monitoring rates starting at $51.99 with upfront fees starting at $99. Fluent Security costs will vary depending on the plan you select (home automation and added security equipment will increase your monthly fee), and all security packages require a 36-month contract.

Three-Year Contract

Fluent Security requires a three-year contract for its services. This is a somewhat common contract length within the home security industry but with the company's higher monitoring prices, this may prove to be too expensive for consumers. Especially with a moving fee and no money-back guarantee, be sure to understand all the terms before committing to Fluent Security's long-term contract.

Negative Fluent Security Reviews

Although there isn't a large amount of Fluent Security quite yet, the majority of the current reviews are extremely negative. Consumers note poor customer service, dysfunctional equipment, and lengthy contract. Poor reviews don't provide peace of mind to consumers that Fluent Security is a quality home security solution.

Short Equipment Warranty

Fluent Security only offers a 90-day warranty for its products. Most home security providers offer 2-year warranties or even lifetime warranties. With such a short equipment warranty, consumers may have to offer up their own money to replace any broken or malfunctioning products.

$99 Moving Fee

Fluent Security does offer removal, transport, and reinstallation services to its customers, however, the company charges $99 to move the security system to a new location. Many security providers offer moving options free of charge. This is unfortunate for any consumers who may move during their contract with Fluent Security. If this is the case, you may want to consider looking into a home security provider that does not charge a moving fee.

No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Unlike many home security companies, Fluent Security does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company does allow you to cancel your services for up to three days after you sign your agreement. However, this is not an ample amount of time for customers to change their minds if they decide Fluent Security is not for them. If you want more of a trial period, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Fluent Security advertises state-of-the-art products and services. However, in the company's reviews, customers note faulty equipment and a variety of other complaints, including poor customer service. Fluent's equipment warranty is also only 90 days after purchase, so if something goes wrong after that time period, the customer is responsible for paying for replacements. Customers also have to pay a $99 moving fee if they want to transfer their home security system to a new home.

Although Fluent Security allows customers to customize plans based solely on their specific needs and a few other helpful offerings, we suggest looking into a home security company with better consumer reviews.

Customer reviews are often the most telling information you can gather to determine whether a company is worth doing business with, and Fluent's reviews aren't great. Read Fluent Security reviews below if you are interested in hearing what current and past customers have to say about the home security provider.

View Best Home Security Companies

1.9

Karen Vache
September 10th, 2019 Spokane, WA DETAILS

Agent fully disclosed that they were not a part of my prior security company, but rather I would be going with a different company and would need to cancel my prior service. The installer actually worked for Fluent and was locally based. He made sure I fully understood how to use the system. Two days later my sales person showed up to make sure I was comfortable with all the features and that I knew how to use the app. He even brought a little gift as a thank you. No complaints here.

Terry
September 5th, 2019 DETAILS

I was skeptical after reading the reviews, however I asked a couple of my neighbors who had Fluent for quite some time now and they all seemed to be genuinely happy with the service. The sales representative that came to my door was upfront and honest. Answered all my questions and gave me time to think about it. After doing some research and shopping around Fluent did offer me the best deal for what I was looking for. The equipment has been working great! Overall I am happy with my Fluent system.

Raymond Ma
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Fluent home took over Alarmtek, I was Alarmtek Client, early April 2019, I made a phone call to Fluent to order a part, I asked the operator to send a technician before ordering a part but the operator declined. We waited for a month, but the part had not arrived. After making many more phone calls, a part did arrived but it was not the right part. To make a long story short, Fluenthome's department are not communicating with each other and not following up with their client. Since then we have contacted Fluenthome multiple times to cancel our services, but keep getting the run around. It is never that department's job. One department said we cannot cancel by phone so we were instructed to send a written letter stating the reason we were cancelling. That was early June, we thought that is done, by mid June Fluenthome continued to withdraw payments, we called Fluenthome again and they agreed to a refund. They said it would take 15 days, by mid July once again Fluenthome withdrew another payment. So we cancelled auto payments. Today August 23 I received phone call from Fluenthome stating that we missed payments. As I said earlier Within Fluent home all department not communicate each other and not doing follow up with their clients. I know i can not asking you all to cancel your service with Fluent, but that is my true story. Raymond M

Javone Nurse
August 23rd, 2019 Ellenwood, GA

I am so glad I read the reviews. The rep came to my home and said he is a tech servicing the old Vivint systems. I no longer used my vivint systems and he said he would get it back running and I would no longer owe Vivint and can start over with a plan with them. I could not get a understanding of what he was trying to do, so I told him to come back in 30 minutes and googled the company. Lord I see now he was about to switch me to a whole new company’s system!

Lonnie Velasquez
August 5th, 2019 Nampa, ID

I would give this negative stars! Do not give any of their reps any info! They run a hard inquiry on your credit! Doesn't help when you're working to improve your credit to buy a house! So pissed off that they didn't disclose the fact that they would run a credit check just to give you a quote! Definitely finding a different security company when I buy my house! Don't believe the reviews the reps pull up to show you on their phones. Do your own research. Still pissed about that credit check a month later!

Unknown USER
July 24th, 2019 DETAILS

If I could give this company zero stars I would. Do yourself a favor.. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS GARBAGE COMPANY!! The customer service is HORRIBLE. The equipment, HORRIBLE. The door bell camera is ran through a phone call. If you are on a call it wont work. If the door bell is pushed, it takes a few minutes to even connect. When I'm at work, I cant even see any of my cameras, they wont connect. Yet, they say its my wifi. Well Vivint did NOT have this issue. EVERYONE at my work is with Vivint and they can connect just fine. PLEASE, don't make the same mistake as many of us. DONT SIGN UP!

Patricia
July 19th, 2019 DETAILS

No one living in the premises and I tried to cancel. It is not being used and there is nothing of value in the house. They will insist on me paying for the entire 36 months which is over two thousand dollars. I am working through my bank to stop payment. They told me to move it from Sask. to Ab with me. I have security here for half the price, why then would I move it.

Amber
July 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I'd give this a zero if I could. What ISN'T there to complain about with this company... None of their equipment or sensors work properly. Poor installations. When you call to get anything fixed, all they want you to do is "bypass the sensor".. if I wanted to bypass the sensor, I wouldn't have the alarms installed. THEN! for the cherry on top of the cake... If you pre-authorize them access to a bank account, they'll charge you fees whenever they see fit, saying that you authorized it. And when you want the service cancelled because, I mean, you clearly no longer feel safe, they hold a contract over your head, stating that you need to pay it in full first, and they'll access your bank to do so. Be CAREFUL when you sign up to them, or better yet, don't do it at all.

Eugene
July 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Nothing but headaches. Honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with. Make sure folks you really look into them and look at other company’s that will keep your place and you safe. Not about there money!!

Carlene W.
July 10th, 2019 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS

They are one of the most dishonest and lowest quality of customer service company, I have ever been in contact with. One of my biggest regret ever, is doing business with them. They do not return phone calls or respond to customer complaints, even through the Better Business Bureau. Please do your research before signing up with them.

Travis J Mulligan
July 8th, 2019 Caldwell, ID

Very horrible service, equipment is JUNK, I canceled our trial the very next day. Was rather difficult to get money returned that fluent took from our account. Had to call bank & have it reversed as it was unauthorized. I called fluent several times & never got a phone call back until left message that was contacting the BBB. They scheduled a time for them to come get equipment & they trashed our power outlets, made a horrible mess both in the install & removal of junk equipment. I do not recommend this company to anyone, as matter of fact I would suggest that of fluent shows up on your doorstep & does not take "not interested" for an answer just simply close door in face.

Wendy Kenig
July 5th, 2019 DETAILS

They showed up at our door and promised us the best system going. All we received was a huge headache from them. The tech showed up at 7:00 pm to start the install and we told him 3 times that he needed to leave by 9 pm and come back at another time to finish the job. He never left and was there until 1:30 am when he finally finished the job. Then we had nothing but problems trying to get the equipment to work and it turns out that our internet is too slow to work the equipment which should have been checked out long before they ever did the huge install and wasting everyone's time. We cancelled the service in May 2019 and he it is July and we are phoning everyday to try and get our money refunded. We are so fed up with this company. Worst company we have every had to deal with. Highly not recommended

S. Woodman
June 27th, 2019 DETAILS

This company is a door to door swindler. The trick is they tell you that you have 30 days to change your mind but then they put at least one sticky tape door sensor on your house which they fail to tell you nullifies the 30-day return option. Once they put one stupid sticky sensor on your door it is considered "installed product" and you no longer can opt out when you realize you have been scammed.

Deb
June 24th, 2019 Florissant, MO

Overall rating I would give a zero. I am writing this for my 95 year old mother. My mother had Vivint until 2 men from Fluent came to her door at 7:30 pm in the evening. The told her they were there to change out her system. She did not question them as to who they were, nor did she call Vivint to verify. She was scared. These two men came in and removed the Vivint system from her house and replaced it with Fluent's product by 10:30 that night. They had her sign a contract. This caught her off guard. The next day my mother notified us of what happened. We had the police notified, called both companies of the issue. We had Fluent's system removed, which they did reluctantly. I would never use this company or even recommend. How dare they take advantage of the elderly.

Zach
June 19th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

App works good, but don't get this service. They claim to be all over the US but that's not true. I moved to Austin and it took them over a month to get a 3rd party contractor to set it up. I was without service that whole time. They also lock you in to a 5 year contract with absurd cancellation fee. After 20+ months I tried to cancel because I was moving in with a roommate after divorce and they wanted to charge me 80% of my remaining contract which was over $2,500!!!! Criminals!!!

Manpreet Cheema
June 19th, 2019 DETAILS

I have had a very bad experience with these guys. A Fluent Sales rep came to our house pressuring us to transfer our service from Vivint to Fluent. They told us that they would cover the remaining Contract with Vivint. They did not cover anything. Vivint sent my bill to collections. After chatting with Fluent they said that they can only cover $ 600 out of the $1500 owed to Vivint. I feel betrayed and cheated. The fluent technician had taken all the security system from Vivint down and installed there's. They are saying that I can cancel my service with Fluent for no charge. They should not have promised things that they cannot do. They lied to us and now I am left with no security system.

fluent_system
May 23rd, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Great system and service! Love that I can control everything from anywhere and really helps me manage my home!

Michael
May 13th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

I love my system. The equipment has never had issues, and customer service is very easy to get ahold of. Fluent makes my daily life easier with automation features they provide and I only pay $4 more per month than I did with ADT.

Sumit
April 23rd, 2019 DETAILS

The worst customer service ever. The technician that comes to your house never fully explains the contract and the terms. They rush you in to signing documents on scene and he sits there when the customer service calls to ensure you say yes to everything. The technician will tell you that the company will take all the equipment away if you cancel the contract or having difficulty paying a huge amount every month. Then later you find out that you own this equipment which is useless for you as it’s only compatible with Fluent. When you try and talk to the customer service they tell you that now if you want to get out of this service and return the equipment you have to pay 85% of the remaining contract and do absolutely nothing to resolve any of your issue or add anything to your service. They swear at you on the phone and threaten that you will be charged for anything and everything that you request done to your system now on. The rep that came to your house to install the equipment and sell you the service takes days to return your call. They basically just want to dump this equipment on you and say it’s free and then later in the service say now pay or we will send you to collections. Very rude customer service people. I will not suggest any one to sign up with them as they are a rip of company. The online app freezes a lot and shuts down in the middle of alarming the system. Shop with other companies before you even sign up with this company.

Willard williames
April 22nd, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

Kyler was super very helpful and amazing he gave great training

Trevor Stinson
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Horrible company. READ THE CONTRACT AND DONT LISTEN TO SALES REP. I was told something VERY different by the sales person than what I actually signed. Make sure you have everything in writing and don’t answer ANYTHING on the phone unless totally clear in the contract. Long contracts, poor equipment, terrible customer service and an 80% of remaining contract cancellation fee! Don’t make the same mistake I did and stay clear of this company.

Colleen McCullough
April 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Terrible company. Discriminated against my elderly folks, got my 89 year mother to sign a 5 year contract. As well, they violated private property with a sign clearly stating " no soliciting" for this purpose, in a seniors village. Over 30 emails sent, phone calls, attempts. Very poor business, and customer service. Cannot make headway with this company. I would recommend to never sign anything with this company.

Rena
April 1st, 2019 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS

I was told that I was signing up for a two year contract, two years later I'm ready to cancel the contract because the cameras ( main reason for getting the system) are worthless. I'm told that I signed a 60 month contract. Ridiculous!! I asked how much it would be to buy out of it, and they want a ridiculous amount of $2600. The equipment they installed in my home isn't even worth $500. Stay away!!

Shawn
March 5th, 2019 Ellenwood, GA DETAILS

Can I give a 0. My service has not been working right with this company for over 6 months. My panel keeps disconnecting and my garage door keeps saying front door. I have called tech and spend hours on the phone with them. They sent a female out to my house today and she totally messed my entire system up. She left my house without telling me she was leaving, left my foyer dirty and my front door open. This tech ran some wire from my basement panel that required an extension cord. 4 hours later and the system is more screwed up than when she started. I had to call customer service the tech was laughing like it was funny. I was on hold for a supervisor for 35 minutes before talking to a sup. Than have to wait for another tech to come out and wait more of my time. I am writing the BBB and their corporate office.

Cheryl
February 21st, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

So far, I like the company. When my battery in the monitor was low and beeping, they helped me turn it off and told me what battery to get. Then they help by phone to install the battery. They called several times to make sure everything was alright.

Amy
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

After hours service is beyond disrespectful and rude. There is only one person answering and will not help you if the on call technician does not answer their phone and reiterates the exact same line "i am sorry i cannot help you" and "there is nothing i can do"

M. Mack
January 31st, 2019 Douglasville, GA DETAILS

I would STRONGLY suggest that if anyone from this company contacts You, do NOT sign up with this company. Initially I had several call backs concerning faulty equipment. My last issue has lasted more than 11 days...customer "service" is HORRIBLE! They are 'novice" at best! It's NOT worth the headache and if I could I would rate Fluent a -5! Stay away from this company, its NOT worth it.

Herb
January 8th, 2019 Vancouver, WA DETAILS

My new home came with a Fluent security system and a free 3-month trial . From setting up the account to disconnecting, service was horrible. The account manager seemed to only be able to contact me by email, even though he said he'd call. When I was told to call an 800 number to arrange installation of the video doorbell, they couldn't do it and referred me back to the account manager. I contacted him again and asked him to call. If I hadn't checked my email I never would have known the installer was coming. Installer was OK, but late arriving. He was in a big hurry because he had a long drive home. The video doorbell they installed was junk. I'd get the notification anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes after activated. Ran through all their checks, reboot router, etc. It was worthless. The kicker came with not subscribing after the trial period. My control panel started beeping an alert every 2 to 3 hours with no way to stop it. I called tech support at Fluent and after talking to 2 techs was told that there was no way for them to turn it off. So now I'm stuck with a system that I was told by the builder that it could be used as a local alarm, but its beeping throughout the night and Fluent can't, or won't, turn it off without my subscribing to service again. I consider that extortion. Fluent would be the last place I'd go for alarm service, and would NEVER recommend them.

Marcus
November 26th, 2018

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH FLUENT!!!!!! Save yourself a headache. Absolute joke of a company. They are not monitoring 24/7. I have contacted law enforcement dispatch in my city - and after 1.5 years not a single alarm was called in to police dispatch. An alarm permit is required for my city and when signing my contract FLUENT told me they would file and register the permit. That never happened. 1.5 years later they send an email saying I need to fill out a permit. Poor connection and the control panel disconnects constantly. Has happened twice while on vacation and when I call to report that they tell me they can't do anything and that I need to be inside my home and they will walk me through the steps to reset the system over the phone. WILL NOT SEND OUT A TECH!! WILL NOT CALL BACK. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. After you call customer service they document your complaint and say they will contact you with answers. THEY THEN EMAIL YOU with no answers and SAY TO CALL IN FOR CLARIFICATION. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Sydney Sorensen
October 29th, 2018 DETAILS

Honestly, such a terrible company. The service is awful. I asked to have someone fix our camera 3 times ( after already being on our 3rd camera because the rest were faulty), and no one showed up. I then told them 6 times to come pick up their equipment and I wanted to terminate with them, no one has showed up yet. Also, the company gave me a real eye opener this weekend, I pulled the panel away from the wall to paint, ( painting the house ), and the notification came up as " Panel tampering" , but I needed to wait for the paint to dry. Not a single phone call was made to myself or my spouse to see if everything was okay. 3 days later, still no phone call, so do they really monitor? If that was an emergency , I could still be injured. This just added to my reasons of wanting to cancel. Terrible ,Terrible company, I tell everyone I know not to use this company.

Worthington
October 24th, 2018 DETAILS

Fluent uses high pressure sales to get me to switch companies I am now paying $13 more per month. The system does not work well, I have a constant notification that they will only fix if I pay to have someone come out. Not well maintained, over priced and will not allow cancellation. Very unhappy with this company in every possible way

BHill Romer
October 11th, 2018 Omaha, NE DETAILS

My alarm service has ben excellent so far. I really like the equipment, and it costs less than ADT.

Tak
September 19th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

Terrible experience. The tech came and installed the product and none of the products worked. We called tech support/customer service who could not resolve this issue. We asked if we could cancel but we couldn't and were committed to a 42 month contract. We are now stuck with a security system that does not work paying $50 for the next 40 months. Please do yourself a favor and not sign up for this awful company.

Patricia Canfiels
September 17th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

My system is down more then it is working! They send incompetent techs who leave your peppery in worse shape then before the worked on it! Takes forever to get someone to service the equipment! Do not recommend!

paul wolfe
August 20th, 2018 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

The sales person knocked on the door and said they were not selling anything, just trying to save me some money on my adt bill. Door was clearly marked no soliciting. They purposely lied to gain entry to my home. They give a 3 day cancellation agreement and on day 4 will not help you at all. you are locked into a 5 year contract that you don't want and they have stolen your adt equipment. Power was hooked up on an extension cord in basement and left on floor, open access to water and a fire hazard!!!!!

Crystal
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

This company is terrible to deal with. We’ve been waiting since February...it’s now August for them to finish installing the system items. Called numerous times for appointments and given the run around. Finally made an appt for August 18 for 2pm and he was a no show. Waited all evening. Called and said the tech didn’t get the ticket yet he was the one who signed off on it. Made another appt for 9am the next day. It’s now 5pm and still hasn’t shown up. Awful customer service. We’ve been trying to speak to a manager but keep being told no one is available. I’m not sure how they are still in business if this is how they treat customers

Michael McGrath
August 14th, 2018 DETAILS

I am locked into a 60 month contract. They came to my door at night and within minutes I had their system and was writing a letter to my current company ADT telling them to never contact me again. They left no paperwork, including a copy of the contract I had signed. When I switched over to Xfinity to get a much better deal, I called Fluent and was informed of the 60 month contract. Then they sent me a copy of the contract and sort of apologized for not giving me one over two years ago.

Bill Lewchuk
August 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Worst customer service I have ever seen. Alarm system does not work. They want to trouble shoot over the phone. Not paying them to pull my system apart and fix it myself. They book appts to come to fix it and just don't show up. Would not rcommend this company to anyone.

Ireen
June 25th, 2018 DETAILS

This is the worst alarm system company ever! I don't even think it deserved my 1 star! They could not even refund me for cameras since everything wad off wireless internet, however where I live we could only get satellite so the alarm system did not work as well.. when explained this to agents their answer was "nothing they could do". The customer service is rude and unfriendly and not helpful. We will never recommend this company to anyone.

Charline Cobbs
June 21st, 2018 Topeka, KS

I had a individual from Fluent Security contact me about switching my service. He was very rude and scary. After his pitch and I stated that I would like to think about it, his remark was "what's there to think about, the only problem I see you have is with me." I was shocked and knew at that moment I could be in danger. His whole attitude changed. He had the Fluent shirt on and information for the presentation. When I asked for his business card was when he made the personal remark.

Daniel Slack
June 14th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I haven been with Fluent for about a year now and their technology and features are second to none. The one time I had to call in my phone call was answer very fast. I like being able to control my garage door with the same app as my alarm system and doorbell camera. ADT did not have a lot options for what I was paying.

K
June 12th, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS

Do not use this company! Prices and contract not disclosed, I can tell you that you will be roped into a 5 year contract for equipment that never works. Doorbell sensor goes off 10 minutes after the person is in my house. Driveway cameras that never work. What a joke. Find another company!

Marjorie Steffen
March 19th, 2018 Farmington, NM DETAILS

I have had panels replaced 5 times. I haven't had service for 3 weeks. They don't return calls when they say they will. I even wrote to the president of Fluent and no response. I am so stressed out over this companies' lousy service I may have a stroke. I want out of my contact. I have contacted a lawyer. That's how aweful this company is!!!

Charles W Jensen
March 12th, 2018 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

I switched to Fluent from another company. They used the same equipment I already had since it was working fine. Installed a new smoke/carbon monoxide alarm. Tested all alarms and explained how everything worked.

Shelly Mcgill
September 7th, 2017 IN

I hate this company. We have had nothing but trouble with our equipment and not being told how it is all suppose to work. No one told us we would have 1000 video clips before they shut it off. Of course, we can purchase more but our system doesn't work most of the time. The alarm system works but the video camera does not. We go days with no video clips from the back camera and the front door camera is always messing up. I have tried to contact them regarding no video clips in our back yard for 4 days but the recording on the phone is "we are remodeling and working with low staff please leave you number and we will call back. I am waiting now for over 24 hours. I cannot get in touch with anyone.

ja anderson
August 15th, 2017

Originally, my video on the existing doorbell does not work at least once day. They never called to tell me. I had to go on line to find out! UNACCEPTABLE! I have paid for a smoke alarm and was told multi times. They do not have a silenced installer for smoke alarms! UNACCEPTABLE. The salesman was very personable and nice when he came out. However, He was pushy and refused to let me think about it, he lied about things, which I did not appreciate. The installer was nice and he talked and not ONCE was I ever told I paid for things and never got them installed. I wrote him a check , which he called in the next day electronically and a few days it was done again!!!!! I wrote the check to have a check number available to me. I was called and offered a free month, but I have nothing in writing from FLUENT SECURITY or from the salesman,,

Pat
August 14th, 2017 Oak Grove, LA

I have had very good luck with Fluent. I get someone on the phone system within 1-2 minutes. When I had had several false alarms, I realized what it was and the Tech man came out and fixed it in 1-2 days. So far I am very satisfied and love the remote monitoring system. The only downside is that I pay twice what I paid a previous company. But that company didn't contact me until 10 minutes after the alarm went off - that was disturbing. So I think I'm paying for much better service.

Sue
July 28th, 2017 Bossier City, LA

This company sucks! 30 min on hold and sensors going off all the time.

Scott
July 28th, 2017

I originally bought a system with Stryke which changed it's name to Fluent. Since last week ( 4 years into a 5 year overpriced contract) my alarm keeps getting a 103 comm error code which causes the alarm to go off every time it rains. I tried resetting the system to no avail. I contact customer service and press 3 for tech support. I am on hold for approx. 10 mintues only to learn I am not waiting for tech support like I thought but a customer service person. I tell her the problem and she puts me on hold again so SHE can call tech support and relay my problem. She then relays their answer, resetting the system, which if you read above I already did. She then tells me she is going to put me on hold again so we can start the whole process over again. At this point I had spent 20 minutes I hold and don't plan on spending my day on hold while I get the run around. I ask her to call me back. She states she will after she talks to tech support. 3 days later NO PHONE CALL. My alarm just woke me up again going off with the same error code. I call customer support AGAIN. I explain I want to cancel my services so she asks me to verify my info, (wasting more time and pissing me off.) She suggest a phone call to tech support, I say NO I want to cancel my services. Now she can't hear me and hangs up. I dismantle the keypad and remove it from the wall and call them back. Guess what??!! They want me to verify everything all over again. By this time I am ready to reach through the phone line and choke this person. I still can't get my services cancelled so I guess I will have to put a block on my account at the bank so they can't take more money from me. I can't cancel the services. I can't get their assistance. I can't get them to come out and replace the system. All they want is our MONEY. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!

Troy Allen
July 26th, 2017 Sandy, UT

I switched to Fluent after Protect America overcharged what they promised me. I couldn't be happier with the service provided, the price and the system they installed in my house.