Fluent Security

7.1

LAST UPDATED: January 25th, 2022

Fluent Security is a company whose team members have 70 years of combined experience in the security industry. The company offers customizable, state-of-the-art security, technology, and energy management products and services. Fluent Security builds custom smart security and energy-efficient home automation systems. With every family having different needs, Fluent Security makes it a priority to have flexible packages — from basic security equipment to advanced home automation.

Fluent home security offers convenience by providing you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control all your systems from one integrated interface. Additionally, Fluent prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service and the company strongly believes in giving back to the community through charitable donations.

The Good

• Customizable Plans and Equipment
  • Home Automation
  • Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App
  • 24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring
  • Fluent Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty

Customizable Plans and Equipment

Fluent home security does not provide pre-built packages, rather it offers you a custom solution that allows you to hand-select security equipment that suits your needs so you don't have to pay for features you don't need. This provides more versatility to customers and peace of mind that they won't be missing out on any camera or security solutions they desire. Fluent Security costs will vary depending on the plan you select (home automation and added security equipment will increase your monthly fee), and all security packages require a 36-month contract.

Standard Features Included

• Email and text notifications

Optional Features Included

• Carbon monoxide monitoring
  • Flood sensors & freeze detection
  • Personal emergency device (medical)
  • Lighting control
  • HVAC control
  • Automated door locks
  • Remote real-time video

Home Automation

Fluent Security is more than just an alarm company; it offers home automation capabilities along with its home security systems. With Fluent's smart home automation, you can:

• Monitor and remotely control door locks
  • Adjust thermostat
  • Access 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security camera
  • Turn on/off your lights remotely
  • Arm/disarm security system remotely
  • Receive security notifications via the Fluent App

Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App

Fluent also provides you with its Alarm.com app upon installation so you can access, monitor, and control your system remotely in real-time. This is great for consumers who want access to their home security system from anywhere at any time.

24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring

Fluent offers 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring 365 days a year while providing you with an easy to use touchscreen control panel, a customized 8-point security system and will send you email and text notifications when necessary. Fluent Security systems also sport motion sensor and glass break detector functionality. Motion detectors are easy to install, and even easier to monitor from your smartphone mobile app. Fluent Security's monthly monitoring service rates start at $29.99.

Fluent Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty

Unique to Fluent, the security company provides its customers with this guarantee: to only use state-of-the-art equipment, 80% of all support calls answered within 60 seconds, resolution of customer concerns on the first call, or service issues guaranteed to be serviced within seven days, and any customer not serviced within one week will receive free monitoring until their issue is resolved. In addition, Fluent warranties all its equipment for the lifetime of the customer.

The Bad

• Prices Not Disclosed on Website
  • Three-Year Contract
  • $99 Moving Fee
  • No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Prices Not Disclosed on Website

Fluent Security doesn't post any equipment pricing information on its website, rather the company asks that you contact a sales rep so it can provide you with a custom quote based on your specific needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing because by doing so you will only be paying for those products and services you actually need. However, this is definitely inconvenient for any homeowner looking to quickly and easily compare Fluent Security's prices to other home security providers.

Three-Year Contract

Fluent Security requires a three-year contract for its services. This is a somewhat common contract length within the home security industry but with the company's higher video monitoring prices, this may prove to be too expensive for some consumers. Especially with a moving fee and no money-back guarantee, be sure to understand all the terms before committing to Fluent Security's long-term contract.

$99 Moving Fee

Fluent Security does offer removal, transport, and reinstallation services to its customers, however, the company charges $99 to move the security system to a new location. Many security providers offer moving options free of charge. This is unfortunate for any consumers who may move during their contract with Fluent Security. If this is the case, you may want to consider looking into a home security provider that does not charge a moving fee.

No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Unlike many home security companies, Fluent Security does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company does allow you to cancel your services for up to three days after you sign your agreement. However, this is not an ample amount of time for customers to change their minds if they decide Fluent Security is not for them. If you want more of a trial period, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

The Bottom Line

Fluent Security advertises state-of-the-art products and professional monitoring services. Fluent warranties its equipment for the lifetime of the customer. However, in the company's reviews, customers note faulty equipment and a variety of other complaints, including poor customer service. Customers also have to pay a $99 moving fee if they want to transfer their home security system to a new home.

Customer reviews are often the most telling information you can gather to determine whether a company is worth doing business with. Read Fluent Security reviews below if you are interested in hearing what current and past customers have to say about the home security provider.

Key Takeaways from Home Security Reviews

We analyzed all the home security reviews on BestCompany.com to understand the motivations of customers who leave a given star rating. Through careful analysis, we identified some common factors that lead to particularly positive and negative experiences. Read our report to learn the key takeaways from other customers’ experiences.

Learn More

Call our recommended rep over at Fluent Security below.

Message from
Fluent Security

At Fluent Home, we believe your home security is everything. Home is the sensation of peace on a cozy, rainy Sunday, the feeling of relief when you pull into the driveway after a long trip. Your home should feel safe and be enjoyed, and that’s why we work everyday to make it more secure, comfortable, and convenient for our more than hundreds of thousands of customers throughout Canada and North America.

While we began just a little over a decade ago as a provider of home alarm systems, today Fluent is a growing leader in the smart home security and automation industry. We’re dedicated to redefining the home experience with the latest intelligent products and services.

Behind the scenes at Fluent, you’ll find a large, diverse team. Our more than 2,000 employees are dedicated to helping families live safely and intelligently, and our growing customer service and support team wants to answer all of your questions and concerns.

At Fluent, we truly believe that everyone deserves that safe comfortable place that they can call home, so we are happy to help provide that one household at a time.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.4

bookmark

Featured Review

Kaye Notarianni McDade Arvada, CO

I have had a wonderful experience using this company. The company has been very kind and understanding in my circumstances and were willing to help me in any way they could. They helped me with a couple of different scenarios in order to for me to have options to choose from. I never felt hurried or rushed. I was never treated like I was a "voice" on the phone, nor felt like I was just a number. I highly, highly recommend this company! They greatly calmed my fears during a difficult time in my life.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Kaye, Thank you for the amazing 5 star review!! We appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know how you enjoy our services!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Sep. 24th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Randy Armitage

Our experience with this company from sales, install, resolving technical issues and day to day monitoring has been excellent.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Randy, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We here at Fluent home love hearing how we have satisfied our customers. Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!

Sep. 28th, 2021

Patti Canning Saskatoon, SK

Today I had two technicians come, one fellas name was Aman, unfortunately I don't recall the other fellas name but they were incredible! Great attitude, very knowledgeable. Explained everything and were very efficient! Highly thorough! Checked everything, fixed/replaced everything that needed fixing! Totally satisfied customer!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you so much for the review. We are so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience with Aman and the other technician. We are certainly happy to have them on our team. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Debra Cook Edmonton, AB

Super help setting up a new carbon monoxide detector. Bob patiently walked me through the necessary steps. I am a long time Fluent customer, grateful for their always good service.

22 hours ago

Ken Clayton Woodridge, IL

We needed to upgrade our old 3G and hard wired system. Fluent did this free of charge by me just extended my contract. The installer, Wahlid, was excellent! He put on a mask and wore it properly the entire installation. He was courteous and professional and took extra time to make sure we knew how to use it correctly. When we armed it the first time that evening we got a warning that the smoke detector was not communicating with the units. Mandy P called me and worked diligently to fix the problem which she did by update the required info and rebooting our system. She too was courteous, professional, and worked with us until the problem was solved. Fluent is lucky to have employees like Wahlid and Mandy P

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you so much for the review. We are so glad to hear that you have had such a great experience with out team members. We certainly agree that we are lucky to have these people with us. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Dec. 5th, 2021

Aaron Quinney Kennesaw, GA

Never, i repeat never get fluent. I was in a 39 month contract and they renewed me for another 39, stating i signed up for that originally. I wanted out because their service and equipment is awful. Yes i didn’t cancel in time (because i never thought renewing me automatically would even be legal). Sorry i didn’t set a reminder to call fluent 3 years from my original sign up date. But who renews a 3 year contract automatically? Cable doesn’t do this, cell companies don’t do this, i was more than certain i was in a month to month at this time, as i had not signed any renewal. The worst part was i called to cancel and nobody told me i was already renewed for a new 39 month term. My wife actually called earlier the same day to cancel, i didn’t know she had already did that. So in short, my wife called to cancel and i did too, nobody everrrr told us we were in a new contract, they only said wait for a call back which “apparently” i missed, not to mention the caller Id says spam risk when they call. So now i am paying 2 security companies. This is all part of their system of deceitful tactics to lock you in a new 3 year contract without you knowing. Next I’m heading to the BBB. As well as attorney drafting them a letter. Customer service is terrible as well, they were talking over me and very rude. They would not let me out of contract. Very very shady tactics to steal from people. Not me! I won’t stand for this and i will tell every person i know how they do bad business , i also will post on every site what they do to deceive people.

4 hours ago

Carissa Simao Las Vegas, NV

Would rate 0/5 if I could. Do not choose Fluent. They have great salespeople, and their installation services are fine, but their equipment is substandard and their policies are not customer-friendly. Unless you want to fall victim to unreasonable contract practices, inept customer service, and ultimately take months to cancel service when you finally get fed up with them, Fluent is not the company for you. If you DO decide to take a risk with Fluent, read your contract VERY CAREFULLY. Don't make the mistake I did and think that after the 3-year term, you would be on month-to-month like other security companies do. You'll end up stuck in another 3-year contract unless you cancel in that narrow window at the end of your term. Then, you'll have to pay out the nose for an "early termination fee". I ask you, how is it that after your initial contract term, you could even have an "early termination fee"? Moreover, wait times on the phone are attrocious. Call at 5 in the morning or expect ot be on hold for way too long. You have to wait a minimum of 20 minutes on hold before they even give you a call back option. Their customer service is not well versed in their policies as I've gotten misleading information many many times. I was informed that in order to cancel, "retention services" had to call me. While they claim I was called multiple times, my phone records contest that assertion. They could never just transfer me to the appropriate department. I was put off again and again, always told "retention services will contact you within 3-5 business days." The call never came. Finally, only after refusing to pay, was I finally able to get someone who could transfer me to them. Funny how that works. Their equipment is substandard. If I trusted that they could even upgrade the equipment without charging me through the nose for it, I might have considered it. If I had a doorbell that didn't stop recording in the middle of the month on a routine basis, I might have considered it. If I hadn't been told the only solution to that problem was to pay more a month to expand my storage, perhaps, I wouldn't have gone to all the trouble to cancel them. Do yourself a favor. Go with literally anyone else. Get a Ring. Get SimpliSafe. Anything but this company. Your stress levels and your pocketbook will thank you for it.

Beth wiebe Saskatoon, SK

The initial quoting process with Fluent was quite simple. They were able to provide a quote based off of the existing equipment with the ability to adjust for changes upon install. In hindsight, it would have been beneficial to have a tech come on site to complete an assessment or complete a video assessment of each location to ensure readiness for installs as we did encounter some issues/road blocks along the way. Booking the installs took very little time and I was impressed with how quickly we could arrange to have the new system installed. The tech completing the installs was very knowledgeable and was able to adapt to most of the changes required and did discuss options and ideas for any issues that arose. I was pleased with the service and Fluent's willingness to ensure that any issues were rectified and that we were happy with the service and the installs in the end. We have a bit more to go before we are fully set up, but look forward to working with Fluent and their system going forward.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Beth, Thank you for amazing review!! Thank you for sharing what you love about our services and customer experiences you have had with our company. Thank you again fro the amazing review!!

Dec. 7th, 2021

Bryson West Valley City, UT

The quality of the equipment installed in my home and the professionalism of the installer exceeded my expectations. The panel has a sleek design that reminds me of something Apple would design, it even has a camera on it to take pictures when someone disarms the panel. I would highly recommend this service to anyone looking for a great product to protect their home and family.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Bryson, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We appreciate you sharing what you enjoy about our service and staff. Thank you again for this amazing review!!!

Emad LaSalle, QC

We have called many times and not getting to the root of the problem to fix it. Today, talking with Chris was the best experience ever. He took care and is still working on our account to ensure complete satisfaction every step of the way. If you can have many Chris’s at Fluent, customer service will always be a charm and delight as we had from the beginning to the end with him. Thank you Chris for all the heart you put in this situation that we have been struggling with in the last few months. We greatly appreciated it.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Emad, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We will make sure Chris knows he was mentioned in this review! We love hearing how our agents have helped our customers. If you ever need assistance please reach us at 855.238.4826!

Nov. 29th, 2021

chris Lloyd Lexington, KY

They took advantage of my 75yr old mother and sold her system while she had ADT. They promised to pay off ADT, but did not. She paid ADT 400.00 to end contract. 1 year later she was placed in a nursing home out of state and then 1 more year later her home was sold. Fluent at first cancelled the contract BUT then reversed course and decided not to cancel. They continue to auto deduct money from her account which will be zero in 2 months. They are only concerned with money I would not recommend this company.

Liberty Reid Orem, UT

Hands down incredible experience working with Fluent Security. Salesman was genuine (not pushy which was so refreshing after dealing with other companies previously) and tailored the system to fit exactly what my family needed. Excellent communication which made the day of installation an incredibly smooth process. Thank you Fluent!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Liberty, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We appreciate you taking the time to write and share what you loved about us and our services we can offer!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!

Jayson Burningham West Valley City, UT

Richard came out and installed my Fluent System. He was great. He helped me get access on my phone so I can see the cameras from anywhere. I had one issue with the camera and he came the next day and fixed it. Since then it has been working great. Very happy with the service and equipment.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Jayson, Thank you for the 5 star review!! We will make sure Richard knows he was mentioned in your review! Thank you for sharing what our customer loyalty agents were able to do for you. As well as you are happy with our services. Thank you again for the amazing review!!

Dec. 1st, 2021

Rob Woodard Dalton, GA

I received excellent assistance from a very professional (and patient) tech service person named Mandy. Sometimes finding a solution to a problem takes time and she explained everything and has talked me into re-signing with Fluent. Can't improve on that.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Rob, Thank you for the 5 star review, We will make sure Mandy knows she was mentioned in the review. We love hearing how our agents have assisted our customers. Thank you again for the amazing review!!

Nov. 30th, 2021

Roger Barron Spruce Grove, AB

I had battery replacement issues, door lock operation issues and an expiring carbon monoxide detector. Mandy P was very helpful in resolving my issues. She was patient and thorough in troubleshooting and fixing the problems. She made sure everything was working and I was satisfied. Thank you.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that you have had this experience with Mandy, we are certainly glad to have her on the team. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Anthony Scalzo Woodbridge, ON

We had a malfunctioning digital door lock that would no longer accept codes or controlled remotely. I was concerned it would take a week or so to replace. Zia was able to correct the problem based on simple instructions for us to follow as she did her magic remotely, the digital door lock was functional once again. She also corrected one of our video cameras that would go off line .

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Anthony, Thank you for the 5 Star review!!!! We love hearing about what our customers love about our services that we provide. If you ever need assistance please reach out to us at 855.238.4826.

Nov. 2nd, 2021

sherry Freels Decatur, IL

Christian is one of the technicians that works at fluent, he helped me by phone walking me through the whole process of installing/updating my system. Thank you very much

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with out technical support agent and that the system was installed and updated with out issue. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

cara blanchette

Got us to sign a 5 year contract by pulling on my hearts strings saying they send money across the world to help kids. I have 4 of my own and we adopted 4 girls from Brazil and we also sponsor in Africa. My fault for being duped by Fluent and Ive learned my lesson, but wish I could recoup at least some of the astronomical costs so far. I'm angry and frustrated. When I called the centre for help the employee had never even heard of the kids program! I was then put through to someone higher up and they explained that sometimes the company takes employees to third world countries...?! I still have 16 months on our contract and can't afford to pay over $1200 to cancel. Fluent is Shady and unethical and I will never use them again.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand your frustration in this situation. Though I would not be able to comment on the conversation that was had with the sales representative, we would be more than happy to explain in more detail the charity trips that Fluent has participated in. Please feel free to reach out to us by phone using 855-238-4826 or by email at [email protected] Thank you!

John Rogers Woodruff, SC

Fluent Security is a terrible system. I have owned a system and I use it to sell and install for this company. I stopped selling for this company because I could not continue to sell for them in good conscience. I feel super terrible for the people I sold it to. Their push notification is super slow compared to other systems on the market. Push notifications take up to 4 minutes after a camera has been triggered. Customer service is horrible and the call center is oftentimes rude and their call center oftentimes doesn't report an actual alarm. I installed the system in my own home and removed it once my contract had matured. They charged my card three additional times after I canceled. Once you cancel, has to be done in writing, they will tell you they have to review your account and it will take up to an additional 30 days for the review. Get service from somewhere else!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustration in delays for notification. We certainly strive to have positive interactions with customer service, we thank you for your feedback, we will be certain to address this. Thank you!

Aida Kesmer

This is the worse company I had for alarm service ! They never told me that I had to get a state permit through the police department and one day my alarm went off when we were not home , the police showed up and it was a false alarm , that hey fined me ! The equipment they provided stopped working 2 months into the contract and they refused to come fix it ! They wanted me to pay a 20$ shipping fee for a better that they never replaced when they installed the service . The sales rep sent me a contract from a different customer so I never had my contract , I stayed with them for 3 years because they have crazy early cancellation fees and when I called to cancel my service once my contract was up they failed to do that too ! Now I have a collection rep from Fluent trying to collect fees because he states I should have sent my cancellation in writing and this was never disclosed to me either ! Don’t get trapped like I did , the service is terrible all around !!!!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustration in this situation. We would be more than happy to discuss this with you further and do what we can to resolve any issues you may still be having. Please feel free to reach out to us at 855-238-4826 and any agent would be happy to speak with you. Thank you!

Smart Health Care Shreveport, LA

Our company is very disappointed with Fluent team. We have called numerous of time trying to get help with our key pad lock. Started out trying to assist us over the phone, that didn't work at all 12.08.21. Requested someone to come out, we were told by the customer service rep. that only in out area, the tech. can come out on Saturdays. We are a home health business Monday-Friday therefore made arrangement with a staff to come on the scheduled date which was 12.18.21 between 9-11am. The tech assumed no one was here because he or she didn't see a vehicle. The tech did not knock or ring the doorbell, possible a no show from Fluent at all. Called that following Monday 12.20.29 to see what happened, the customer service rep. didn't seem to care and stated someone can come out again on a Saturday, I explained to him again about during the week. This man said, he would put us on a list when a tech available and rush me off the phone. So today, 12.29.21 call Fluent again because we are not comfortable leaving our door unlocked.. Customer Service Rep. place me on a long hold to check the schedule, only available on Saturday because of our area. Fluent didn't have a problem selling product(s) in our area. Now, the tech schedule for 01.08.22.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustration in delays for a technician visit. It does appear that we have sense been able to complete this service visit. If you would like to speak with us further about this, please feel free to reach out via phone at 855-238-4826 or send an email to [email protected] and an agent would be happy to speak with you about this. Thank you!

Tyler Hansen West Valley City, UT

Fluent has an awesome product. The doorbell camera has been so easy to use and the app has been very user friendly. This company provides the peace of mind that I have always wanted.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Tyler, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing what you enjoy about our services and equipment. Thank you again for the amazing review!!!

Dec. 1st, 2021

Debbie Latham Salem, OR

I am extremely upset with Fluent right now. I got a phone call the other day about updating my equipment due to FCC negating 3g and going to 4g for security systems. I was told there would be no cost to me to upgrade the system. OK, so I agreed to have tech come to my house. He came yesterday and to discover that this change is made only if I sign up for another 3 years contract. However, I still have 1 1/2 years on current contract. I wasn't planning to continue with their service when my current contract ran out, so I didn't do the upgrade. This is a bait and switch technique and I'm not happy about it. It's not my fault the FCC is upgrading and the equipment should be upgraded for free for current customers. What are you going to do about this Fluent!!!???

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Debbie, Thank you for speaking to our technician while he was on site. The reason you would pay to upgrade the communication device is outlined in Section 9 of your alarm monitoring agreement. Just like you, Fluent Home has no control over the sunsetting of the 3G cellular network. We are simply providing affordable options to our clients. If you have a reliable WiFi connection, Fluent Home can switch your primary communication to utilize your WiFi, however, if your internet were to go down, your system would not be able to communicate with our monitoring station. We are here to help and would be happy to have a member of our technical support team review the pros and cons of each option. Thank you!

Nov. 22nd, 2021

Patricia Cordwell North Las Vegas, NV

I was having a problem with my alarm panel and called for help. Kaitlyn call me back and talked me through what I needed to do. As it turns out I need to replace the bad battery. She gave me step by step directions on how to remove it and sh’s ordered me a new one. She was very patient with me as I am not very good at electronics. She is very professional, polite and pleasant to talk to. I was very pleased with the call and the help she gave me! She is amazing!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Patricia, Thank you for the 5 star review!!!! Thank you for letting us know what we did to make you happy and sharing it so others can see!!! I will make sure Kaitlyn gets Kudos!!

Nov. 3rd, 2021

Craig Nattrass Taber, AB

I was able to speak to a live representative who was very helpful. they continue to add more live representatives it would be great.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are very glad that you had a positive experience when speaking with our agents. We thank you for your feedback as well. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Floyd Knippshild

The system works well. The representative for our area is suppose to come around to check our to see if all is well. At this point has not happened a bit diappointing as I believe I have a couple of low batteries I did recieve a message from Fluent regarding it but to date no knock on the door. Hopefully soon as I and the rep agreed they would stop by when needed to ensure all is well

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Floyd, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! We would love to hear from you about the batteries. Please call us at 855.2384826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!!

Nov. 6th, 2021

AJ Fuller Salt Lake City, UT

Fluent is very simple to use, the pricing is great, the install was smooth and professional, and the equipment is awesome. Overall very impressed so far

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear this has been your experience so far. We certainly strive to provide a smooth and professional experience. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Dec. 6th, 2021

Candice Putnam Red Deer, AB

I would leave zero stars if I could. We are not bound by a contract and cancelled services on August 24, 2021. There is a 30 day cancellation period, during which time one more payment would come out, which is understood and expected. However, payments are still coming out (four in total so far since cancelling) and we have contacted this company NUMEROUS times by phone and email, each time whoever we communicate with claims they can't do anything but the "Resolutions Team" will be dealing with our cancellation. I am fed up with this, this is the absolute worst customer service that I have EVER experienced. I would not recommend this company to anyone (in fact I will be doing the opposite to everyone I know). We just want to CANCEL these services that we do not want and are not using, and we expect to receive three months in payment back (though I'm sure you will make that such a nightmare too that we will eventually give up).

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Candice, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to be able to turn this into a positive experience for you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

Nov. 30th, 2021

Fred Romney

Mandy was very helpful and most patient with us as we replaced the part on the wall panel. She was friendly and very professional. She probably deserves a raise in pay, she was that good!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Fred, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! I will make sure Mandy knows she was mentioned in the review! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!

Nov. 6th, 2021

Mike Tavener Thompson, MB

The alarm system has been very good however the tech support today set it above any other - as a result my other house will be with Fluent when I upgrade. I normally won’t leave reviews but the help today was noteworthy.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Mike, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We appreciate you sharing the positive interaction you had with our agents!!

Nov. 4th, 2021

Jordan McKay Grande Cache, AB

I have not had much luck with the system or representatives. Was working on trying to get out of my contract. I spoke with an excellent person today that was very helpful and easy to work with. Thanks Samantha.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Jordan, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We will make sure Samantha knows she was mentioned in this review. Again thank you for this amazing review!!

Hugh Clarke Saskatoon, SK

We've been pretty satisfied with the service received ever since we signed up. During a Low Battery fault code here, Dylan was beyond diligent to take me through each step of the process, incl the Battery replacement process. He was extremely thorough and informative. Great job!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Hugh, Wow! Thank you for the 5 star review!!! I will make sure Dylan knows he was mentioned!! Thank you for sharing how we made your day and helped you with the issues you were having. If you ever need assistance please do not hesitate to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Nov. 2nd, 2021

Beatrice Mohimi Airdrie, AB

I started off by giving Zia an ultimatum to come take your Security device as I was dissatisfied and disappointed with your service and I was going with another company. She calmed me down and step by step the issue was resolved. Great Customer Service!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Beatrice, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! I will make sure Zia knows she was mentioned We are very proud to know that you decided to stay and our agents customer service skills .were top notch to satisfy a negative into a positive. If you ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to hear from you!!!

Nov. 3rd, 2021

Mary Lou Weber Erie, PA

Tried to cancel last year. When I called was told to email the request to the cancellation dept. Unfortunately, did not see the clause on the contract that said cancellation must be one month in advance. The person I spoke to at that time in the "cancellation dept." was very condescending and said I would have to continue for another year or pay for the next year to cancel. Needless to say, I didn't cancel at that time. He was not a very good rep for your company. Wish I had written down his name at the time.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Mary Lou, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to correct this for you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Nov. 4th, 2021

L. Farrall Sacramento, CA

Needed help with sign in on mobile app for Fluent. I got a new cell phone yesterday and I had a big problem getting it to work because I couldn’t remember username or password. Nazish S. was very patient and understanding to assist me. After some time, it was accomplished! Very thankful for her help.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are glad to heart that the agent was patient and understanding when assist with this issue. That is great that it was accomplished and you are back on the app. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Nov. 25th, 2021

iamkayoko Mississauga, ON

I have fluent security system for my business ( restaurant) location. So convenient, easy to use there is app for your system to review footage or watch live 24/7quick and reliable. I love that I can get support if needed and customer service is A1 especially the last person who help me literally so professional went beyond my expectation. he needs a raise & bonus did everything he could remotely calm manner kept positive energy even through a 3 way call with one of my employees.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for the amazing review!!! Would love to know the agents name so we can pass on a Kudos!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!

Sep. 23rd, 2021

Donald Toledo, OH

Everybody we’ve talked to in the company has been very nice and knows what they are talking about. We feel protected because we had someone break in before and had a different security system then. It works very well. We don’t have any problems.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad that you have had a great experience with our support team and that we have helped you to feel protected. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Leon Aurora, CO

I like the fact everything is wireless. It is a lot easier. The response time is quick and accurate. I am a truck driver so I like that they are protected when I am not at home. They called the fire department when the smoke detector went off.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so happy that the wireless sensors have been easier for you and that the service has helped you to feel protected when away from home for work. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Kathy Dayton, OH

The best part is knowing whether or not someone trying to get into my home. If some is, they are able to help me stop it. I accidentally set my alarm off yesterday and they were right on it. They called me right away. It is a pretty good deal.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so happy to hear that the service helps you to feel safe from intruders. We certainly strive to respond right away, even when it is just an accident. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Cynthia Cleveland, OH

The gentleman from Fluent that came here and gave us a demonstration and went through everything made us decide to go with them and we have been happy ever since. They call us every time the alarm goes off and we feel very secure.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that you have had such a good experience, starting with the original demonstration of the service and with the continued response when needed. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Kathryn

Immediate response to any alarm situation whether it is police or fire emergency. We burned some food and set off the alarm and immediately the got in contact to see if we needed help and reset alarm while we dealt with the burnt fish we were cooking. Early on in our partnership we needed police and Fluent immediately responded.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Kathryn, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We love reading what our customers value and love about our services!! If you ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Oct. 7th, 2021

Frank Berry

Great reliable service. We were on holiday during a very cold winter and we received a temperature warning in our property, allowing us to have someone check. The furnace had stopped working and we would have had frozen pipes.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Frank, Thank you for the 5 star review!! We enjoy hearing what our services have done for our customers. If you ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Oct. 7th, 2021

Krystle Cardinal St. Paul, AB

Their customer service has always been great however we have frequent problems with our window security alarms (often says tampered with when no one touched them) and we have had frequent problems with our sky bell doorbell not recording or LED not lighting etc. It’s been replaced numerous times. Our backyard camera, even though you can set the sensitivity and settings of it, it always seems to record too much or things like wind blowing or doesn’t record at all. However technology is not perfect and most security systems/companies have their pros and cons. A pro for fluent is their customer service is always wonderful!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Krystle, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being such a great customer!! Fluent

Aug. 11th, 2021

Crystal Lawrence Sherwood Park, AB

The absolute worst company to deal with. Dishonest, poor customer service, lack of care. Automatically renews customers after failing to address concerns for weeks. Giving people the run around. Stay away! BTW... positive reviews here all have the disclaimer above their names that they were solicited by Fluent to leave the positive review. Scam!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustration of delays in having concerns addressed, especially when this happens to coincide with an autorenewal of the agreement. If you would like to discuss these issues further, we would be more than happy to do what we can to resolve any issues you may be having. Please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and any agent would be more than happy to speak with you. Thank you!

Mustafa Kobtan Surrey, BC

I am trying to cancel my service with Fluent and every time I get the same answer from customer service reps that somebody from (resolution dept) will call to cancel within 2 days and nobody calls. No professionalism. This company is not reliable. Don’t go with them.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustration during delays of this nature. If you would like, you may certainly reach out to us by phone or by email, the email address to reach us is [email protected] Thank you!

Nicole Summerside, PE

Horrible customer service! I cancelled my alarm due to moving and they continued to charge me for the next 4 months. When I finally got my cancellation notice and refund they continued to charge me again and told me I had to contact API and it wasn’t their problem. So frustrating! Do not go with them.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to chare your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustration of this situation. Please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 or send an email to [email protected] and we would be happy to work with you to get this resolved. Thank you!

Yolanda Lindo Stockton, CA

Poor customer service and customer support, faulty equipment, I am a paying customer right now but can not get anything resolved. My alarm was triggered and had my neighbor to check my house and Fluent rep called an hour later.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustration when having issues with equipment. We would be more than happy to help in any way that we can, please feel free to reach out to us by phone at 855-238-4826 or by email using [email protected] and any agent will be happy to speak with you. Thank you!

Angela Karsky Hargill, TX

Their equipment installation is terrible. They lie to you. They do not let you get out of your contract even after you complete your part.. automatically renewed even though I had contacted them multiple times. Automatically for 3 years!! When I talked to the people to cancel before my contract was up, nobody said my cancellation had to be in writing.. They gave me a phone numbers and email addresses but nobody said that.. slime of a company. ..

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand your frustration in a situations such as this. However, the automatic renewal is something that is written into the signed agreement and is available for a customer to review. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact by phone at 855-238-4826 or by email using [email protected] Thank you!

yash sharma Milton, ON

I have been a customer for 4 years, and I'm on month-to-month billing. I called up a few times to upgrade my system and reduce the cost of monthly charges but was never considered by the company. I have signed up with another security company now and Fluent is giving me hard time canceling my month-to-month contract after repeated phone calls and emails with a written request to cancel my services. It seems to be a money grab situation. Highly Disappointed. Will never recommend. them to anyone

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience, we are sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand your frustration in a situation such as this. There is unfortunately a process that we are required to follow in reference to the termination of an account. If you would still like to discuss this process further or any other questions or concerns you may have, please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and any agent would be happy to speak with you. As well you can reach out to use by email using [email protected] Thank you!

Eunice Wanjiru Peguis, MB

I had a great experience with Fluent until I had to suspend my service while I was renovating my house. They made my experience a living hell. They kept charging my credit card for 7 months that I didn't use their service. They played the cat and mouse game and FLUENT told me to talk to API and API told me to talk to FLUENT. Long story short I got frustrated and cancelled my service. Customer service long holds on the phone line are quite frustrating too. For a company that charges so much you'd think they will have better customer service. Please STAY AWAY.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustrations with a situation such as this. It does appear that we have sense had the opportunity to speak with you and take steps to resolve this issue. If you would like to further discuss this, please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and any agent would be happy to speak with you. Thank you!