Cove is a home security company focused on providing its customers with easy, enjoyable, and economical home security services. With nationwide coverage, Cove's aim is to protect every home in the United States.

The company does not require a long-term monitoring contract for certain packages, and it ensures a 60-day money-back guarantee on all home security systems. Cove eliminated the middleman to get better home security services for less and now possesses a 5-star professional monitoring service. Cove also offers a lifetime warranty on equipment.

Cove home security reviews note great customer service and exceptional products. Read additional Cove home security reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the home security company.

Click here to go straight to Cove security reviews

The Good

• Cove Security Reviews
  • Simple DIY Installation
  • Customizable Home Security
  • 24-Hour Shipping
  • Cove Home Security Cost
  • Cove InstaText
  • 60-Day Risk-Free Trial
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty
  • Cove Mobile App
  • Extensive Equipment/Services

Cove Security Reviews

Cove security reviews are overwhelmingly positive, awarding Cove an overall 5-star consumer rating. Customer reviews highlight impressive customer service, easy ordering and setup, quality equipment, and quick response time. Many home security providers have poor reviews, alluding to a poor consumer experience. Positive Cove reviews can provide peace of mind to customers that doing business with Cove will result in a satisfactory experience and quality service. Read more Cove home security reviews below.

Simple DIY Installation

Cove’s security system is wireless, easy-to-use technology that is simple and straightforward. Customers can install the system themselves within minutes.

The Touch Panel acts as the brain of the security system, and it will walk you through the entire process with on-screen instructions. A video of the setup process can be found on the homepage of Cove’s website or on YouTube. Many home security systems require professional setup that may result in hefty charges and a difficult installation process. DIY security systems are often customers' preferred home security solution.

Customizable Home Security

You can customize your Cove alarm system to meet your home’s specific security needs. You can do this through Cove’s secure online checkout, or you can call the helpline and speak to a security expert directly. Customizable security plans ensure homeowners won't be stuck paying for unnecessary services, and it will make their security experience that much more enjoyable and carefree.

24-Hour Shipping

Cove provides 24-hour shipping, so you can receive your security system as quickly as possible and install as soon as you'd like. This way, you don’t have to wait weeks to secure your home. Many home security providers have a difficult setup process and may take weeks to complete the process, especially if professional installation is required and needs to be scheduled.

Cove Home Security Cost

Cove home security is reasonably priced, with a monthly fee ranging from $14.99 - $34.99 monitoring. If you keep Cove's monitoring services for 36 months or more, you do not have to sign a long-term contract, nor do you have to pay any equipment fees or an upfront cost.

You have the option to cancel any time before the 36 months are up, but you will have to cover the equipment costs of your security package (up to $500).

Cove InstaText

With Cove InstaText, you can get security notifications sent directly to your phone through a text message. Cove InstaText will alert you immediately if your security system detects motion or other suspicious activity. You can then respond with the action you would like cove to take by responding “Send Help,” “Cancel,” or “Call me.”

60-Day Risk-Free Trial

Cove wants its customers to be 100 percent satisfied, so it offers a 60-day risk-free trial on all home security systems to test out its services. If you don’t like Cove’s home security services, you can send the system back for a full refund. Many security providers only offer a 30-day money-back guarantee or no money-back option at all, so this is great for consumers who want a worry-free trial period to decide if Cove's security system is right for them.

Lifetime Equipment Warranty

Unlike many home security providers, Cove offers a lifetime warranty on its equipment devices, so you never have to worry about paying for equipment replacements at additional charges.

Cove Mobile App

Cove offers a free app with its systems. It is available in the app store for Android devices as well as Apple iOS devices. Having a synched home security app allows consumers to monitor and control their security system from anywhere at any time and can alert them of any suspicious activity or disturbances in or around the home.

Extensive Equipment/Services

Cove security systems have a variety of equipment and services available. Having more diverse security options allows for more suitable options for a variety of consumers. Offerings are as follows:

• Cove Alarm Touch control panel
  • Glass Break Detector
  • Smoke Detector
  • Flood Sensor
  • Carbon Monoxide Detector
  • Medical Button (Medical alert system to instantly notify emergency response services)
  • Cove InstaText
  • Cove LiveAssist (2-way communication channel between you and Cove)
  • Indoor cameras

The Bad

Time in Business

Started in early 2018, Cove has been in business for a relatively short time. However, despite its brief time in business thus far, Cove seems to be a trusted and well-established home security company with many beneficial services to offer.

The Bottom Line

Cove is a fairly new home security company but has been working for years to provide easy-to-use, enjoyable, and affordable home security systems with quality monitored security. Cove has customizable packages, and the equipment is set up through a simple DIY process and does not require the system to be professionally installed.

Cove provides 24-hour shipping on its security solutions and has a package option with no upfront fees, no equipment costs, and no contracts with an affordable monthly fee. There is also a lifetime equipment warranty and a 60-day risk-free trial.

A drawback to Cove is its limited time in business. However, with a 5-star review rating, limited time in business has clearly not kept Cove from becoming an exceptional home security provider with great customer satisfaction ratings. Consumer reviews highlight impressive customer service, fast and easy installation, impressive pricing, and more. We highly recommend considering Cove for your home security needs. Read through Cove security reviews below to see what else customers are saying about Cove’s home security services.

4.8

Marquell Jones

November 7th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Cove have been great I'm new to Cove so really haven't experienced much of a problem the thing I like about them is that the process was easy I was send the product and installed it myself I right due to me not experiencing much and being new everything is great

Larry Jackson

November 7th, 2018 Klamath Falls, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service. Fast delivery. Very good follow-up - very responsive to after-sales questions and needs.

Shavon

November 7th, 2018 Saginaw, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Eady to install set up was very easy, customer service was excellent very friendly and very understanding

Nov 07, 2018

We are happy to protect you Shavon.

Roger Maciak

November 7th, 2018 Elkton, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent. Product is great, service is great.

Melissa

November 7th, 2018 Ft. Washington, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service was good even though I received the call center in the weekend a representative returns my call within 10 minutes. When I set my alarm go away it defaults back to at home. Why is that?

Nov 07, 2018

Thanks Melissa for your review. To answer your question: Our panel assumes you are staying home if you don't open a door after arming away from the panel and defaults to "Stay" mode to prevent false alarms. If you use your smartphone app or remote to arm away then this won't happen.

Travis Griffith

October 1st, 2018 Billings, MT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had ADT in the past and Cove has had better pricing and customer service then ADdT could ever even wish to attain.

Tyler Hagan

October 1st, 2018 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cove has been great. The installation was so simple, the care was phenomenal, the quality was great. Definitely worth looking into and pursuing.

Travis Stephens

September 28th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Low cost & Easy Install. We feel much safer!

MITCHELL W MILLER

September 27th, 2018 Belton, MO

Seen the ad on Facebook I had been wanting a alarm system that was wireless for my apartment so I said hey I. Going to give these guys a try the other guys want hundreds of dollars for their systems these guys just want monthly payments. So I signed up got it in 4 days too 20 mins to install they even asked if I needed help more then once they checked up on me and even called when I was testing it. I have had the system 4 days now it is fantastic works perfectly. I'm a cable tv tech so I know how to install these pretty easy but I must say this one by far is the best one

Tianna Williams

September 27th, 2018 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Cove has been superb! I spent hours finding a system that was modern, sleek, secure, and affordable and then like magic a COVE ad appeared on Youtube!! The website was super easy to navigate, customer service excellent and delivery fast! I just setup my system in 20 minutes and the follow up call from the monitoring service was so reassuring that my house was secure. Thank you Dallin and the rest of the Cove Smart team!!

Charles Black sr.

September 26th, 2018 Adams, TN

We’ve only had the system a couple of days. We called two or three times and every time the people we talked to were very helpfull and understanding. So far we are very pleased with everything

Christopher Weiture

September 24th, 2018 Princeton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The support team at Cove is top notch! Had a small glitch during the installation, and they had me up and running almost immediately. The technology is as good or better than "the big guys," and the monthly monitoring bill less than half of what I have been paying! Highly recommended!

Sep 25, 2018

Thanks for the review Christopher. We love providing a product and customer service that can create a buzz. More good things to come:).

Alicia

September 20th, 2018 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do not lie! The system was indeed easy to install and I am not handy. The system works great and is easy to use. My garage door didn’t shut behind me after I left causing the alarm to go off. Cove called right away so I feel secure in their oversight. When installing I called customer service and they were nice, helpful and knowledgeable.

Rafaha Martinez

September 20th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So I love my new Cove system. It was so easy to get started with it. The sales guy came and was super friendly and not pushy in any way. Paying for it was super simple and very convenient. Setting up was the fun part. I had my wife do it and it was so quick and easy. It had step by step instructions on the panel that made it a breeze. It’s very user friendly. I had a false alarm and they made it super easy to cancel that alarm. I highly recommend this service to everyone. I finally feel 100% safe in my home.

Tracey Coleman

September 17th, 2018 Marietta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'd done over a year of DIY home security systems and finally decided on Cove Smart. I could not be happier! The customer service is outstanding, the ease of installation was a breeze, the cost for monitoring is very affordable, and the equipment is of high quality. I highly recommend Cove Smart!!

Sep 19, 2018

We are glad you chose Cove after all that research. We have had many customers have the same results as you😊 Once a customer has done significant research on our offering and our product, we often come out on top:)

Kim_O

September 17th, 2018 Hollywood, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cove Smart Security is the way to go! This system looks sleek and modern and monitoring prices are comparable to its competitors. Thrown into the mix was that the cost of the system is free upon keeping the monitoring service active for 3 years, definitely a win-win! Customer service was phenomenal in dealing with setup questions and they truly care about their customers. They have continuously gone above and beyond to make things right whenever an issue has come up. Try them! You won’t be disappointed.

Sep 19, 2018

The best part Kim, we only plan on getting better at what we do:)

Karen Thornton

September 16th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a great experience when I signed up for the service. The rep was very helpful and knowledgeable. I am so happy I chose this company.

Patrick French

September 16th, 2018 Manchester, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am very impressed with my new COVE alarm system. I just got done installing my system and everything went pretty well. I did have one small glitch with one of the sensors not registering right away. The panel instructed me to call technical support but I thought I was going to run into a problem with that. I was installing my system at 10:30 PM on a Saturday night. I thought there was no way I am going to be able to get help with this now. I called the number for product support that came up on the panel and someone answered. This is good because there definitely should be monitoring reps available 24/7 but I figured tech support for installation issues would be closed. The person that answered was very helpful and explained that he would have someone from technical support call me back within an hour. I was really surprised with this because of the time. It wasn't 15 minutes later and a rep from technical support was on the phone with me and walked me through testing all of my sensors and we were able to verify for sure that all of the sensors were fine. Turns out the issue might have really been that I didn't leave one of the sensors triggered long enough the first time. The tech support rep was awesome and he not only took care of my making sure my system was functioning 100% correctly but he then walked me through setting up the online app and made sure I was comfortable using the app and the entire system as well. That is exceptional service from a home security company at now 11:30 PM on a Saturday night. I have used other companies before and never gotten this level of service from any of them. I would highly recommend using COVE. The ordering process was simple to navigate, the system was delivered as promised, the installation was really simple, and now I know for sure they are standing behind their product. Their prices for equipment and monitoring are very reasonable as well.

Sep 19, 2018

At Cove, we strive to follow the four E's for our company: Excellent, Easy, Enjoyable, and Economical. We are only going to get better with time:)

Au'brey

September 14th, 2018 Anchorage, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a single parent with two very young children and i definetly feel much more at ease being in my home now with my new security system it is worth a five star rating. Thank you so much Cove.

Shakeya Brooks

September 14th, 2018 Baltimore, MD

A friend of mine's referred me to this company call Cove their security system is amazing and affordable. I have the door and window sensors the shatter sensor but they have so much more and I wish I had it all any way to protect my family and it's affordable it's amazing. The alarm system it's so simple to install yourself and it works very well it's very loud I think everyone should have one of these thank you Cove

Jason S.

September 14th, 2018 Tulsa, OK

Placed my order Monday evening and received the system Thursday afternoon. Set up was super easy from installing the touch panel to installing the door sensors and motion sensor. I’m impressed with how loud the actual audible alarm is 90 decibels is more than enough I even tested it with my bedroom door closed and the loud AC window unit running, of course my dog hates it hahaha (poor guy). Setting up the phone application was a breeze and the after hours tech support called me back within 30 seconds after hanging up with central monitoring to help set all that up! Hands down I’m SUPER impressed the equipment was clean and up to date technology wise I’m glad I chose Cove and will definitely be recommending to others as well. I’m an Officer so I’m big when it comes to home security and I feel like I’ve defintely hit the bullseye with Cove! And remember only $35/month and no WiFi or Landline required! Last but not least LIFETIME WARRANTY so tell me again why your still thinking about getting Cove? Here’s a suggestion don’t think about it and just do it. You won’t be disappointed! #YouGuysRock

Kennan OBier

September 12th, 2018 Magnolia, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome experience thus far, I mean.. customer support.. BAR NONE!! RYAN, and his team take care of my elderly mom and dad as well as my sisters home and mine!! Definitely an experience that will have a lasting impression on home security! This company knows security, and the customer experience! For sure!!

Sep 19, 2018

Protecting entire families is one of our favorite things to do. Thanks for the kind review.

Josh

September 10th, 2018 Buffalo, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It’s been a very easy setup and install process. Only gripe I have is the power cable on the base being too short. If possible, having an option for length would be grand.

Fares Bond

September 10th, 2018 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A very easy to install and use DIY home security system. They are very proessional. I highly recommend this system for people who are looking for affordable monitored security services.

Tametra

September 10th, 2018 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cove is a great alarm system. So easy to install, my kids were even able to assist. Also, customer service is great!

Brandon

September 7th, 2018 New Port Richey, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Installation was very easy and the instructions walk you right through it. Customer service was very helpful and friendly. They were able to help me get my app up and going. Definitely worth the money for a diy home security system!

Mirna rangel

September 7th, 2018 Nampa, ID

I love how my family and I feel protected. Everything that I have received has worked so well. The products were fast in arriving. Thank you so much Cove.

Megan Peters

September 2nd, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service & Great product. The product is very user friendly and convenient.

K. Lewis

September 1st, 2018 Bessemer, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We ordered our system late Tuesday afternoon, it shipped Wednesday and we had it in hand Thursday afternoon. The setup was super easy. After we put all the sensors in place and began to test them, we got an error message that instructed us to call support. As it was after business hours, we were told a technician would call us the next morning. However, not even 30 seconds after I hung up, I received a call-back from a technician and while on the phone with him, yet another technician was calling on the other line. Long story short the technician solved our issue (which was actually user error) and patiently answered all of our remaining questions. We are pleased with the pricing, product, ease of use and professionalism of both support and customer service. We look forward to being longstanding customers of Cove as long as they continue to display their current level of excellence.

Michael Vaughn

September 1st, 2018 Lakeland, FL

Over last 20 years I've had several security systems both with business and personal none have had the customer service experience that Cove especially Dalin the sales representative and the dedication to making sure I was satisfied happy and safe with my system my appreciation goes out to the entire Cove company but especially Dalin.

Felisha Walls

August 31st, 2018 Chester, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cove was extremely easy it was comfortable impossible to mess up. Even the customer service reps were so awesome and helpful very friendly. Just one of the best experiences I have had with customer service ever thank you. And most affordable too.

Jason Evangelista

August 31st, 2018 Gulfport, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been thoroughly impressed with Cove’s quick & effective response to any & all questions/concerns that I have encountered!! I would highly recommend this security service to any person looking for an affordable, effective & reliable system!! Great work Cove Team, it has been a sincere pleasure using your system & am confident that you can & will resolve any issues or questions that may arise in the future!

Mickey Seely

August 30th, 2018 McPherson, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to set up and great communications with cove customer service.

Ben riggs

August 29th, 2018 Huntsville, AL

FROM THE START TO FINISH EVERYTHING WAS OUTSTANDING AS FAR AS GETTING THE SYSTEM SHIPPED IT WAS EXTREMELY FAST AND TALKING WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND USING THE CHAT BOX FOR HELP EVERYTHING WAS GREAT. THE EQUIPMENT IS MADE WITH QUALITY NOT CHEAP AT ALL. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TEAM COVE.

Yolima

August 29th, 2018 Greenville, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had Cove for over a week now. I highly recommend this security system. Every step of the process from ordering online to installation was easy and pain free. The installation was extremely fast and easy. Before Cove, I had no idea how accessible a home security system could be. I love the fact that I do not have a contract, I did not have to pay hundreds of dollars upfront for equipment and that there is no fee if I move and take the system with me. When I had to call support, I waited for less than a minute and was connected to real, live person that fixed my problem quickly. My favorite part of system is the key ring remote that quickly arms and disarms my system from the outside. This remote also has an SOS feature for distress calls. I look forward to adding more equipment that Cove releases.

Julius Ngeskebei

August 27th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best alarm company that I've had experience with in years. Ive had the big name alarm guys and all the bad experience you've had or heard of is true. From equipment failures, to not reaching anyone at customer support to telling you we'll come and fix it and don't get me started with the bills. But this is a whole new experience for me or anyone else who is looking to protect their home. No more are the days of having someone you pay to come and install an alarm system that cost you and arm and a leg, and at the same time most of the sensor they put are not even working. I installed this myself with the help of the panel that tells you step by step on what to do. I mean its a no brainer. If you can put batteries on a tv remote, you can do this. Took me about less than 10 minutes including the activation and customer support calling you live making sure everything works. This is the future of alarm no doubt about it. No contracts, no hassles, and there is someone always there friendly to help you for anything. Anything at all. By the way I did not get paid a dime to talk about my experience. I just feel like its about time someone came up with very user friendly alarm system without digging into your pocket and locking you down for years with a contract. Cove is the way to go!!!

sheila miller

August 27th, 2018 Rossville, TN

Everyone I spoke with was very friendly, and answered all questions.

George Prosser

August 27th, 2018 Ogden, UT

The Cove Smart system was very easy to set up. I love the videos that are provided through their customer service website. If you have some challenges or questions with regard to setting up your system I recommend referring to the videos. They are super helpful. I also tested the customer service support center team. They are very knowledgeable and helpful as well. My opinion: this is the best alarm system for renters. I am very satisfied with the Cove Smart team and system!

Travis Figueroa

August 24th, 2018 Walla Walla, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome customer service! Very dedicated staff.. great security system easy to use!good price.. quick self setup

Ryan Fluckiger

August 24th, 2018 Heyburn, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cove is the first company that I've felt comfortable using as a security system provider because it is an economical option, but still get the same if not better equipment that is offered from other providers. I really like that it's something I can set up on my own and tailor to my own needs. I was surprised how easy and intuitive it was to go through the set up process on my own. To be honest, I did have one minor hiccup that I decided to call and get help with, after calling I was told that it would likely be the next morning before they could get my problem solved since it was after their regular business hours, but they would see what they could do. That wasn't a big deal for me anyway, but less than 30 minutes after I hung up, I got a text saying they would be calling me to sort out the problem and only a few minutes after that my phone rang. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and were able to get it sorted out. I was very pleased with their prompt response to my specific needs, it made it that much more of an enjoyable process for me to get my system up and running. The next day I called with some more questions about my new system and again was surprised with how efficient they were in being able to help me with my questions and understanding of what I needed to know. Overall it has been an outstanding product and customer service experience for me. From the ordering process, less than 24hrs later my order was in the mail on it's way, through the set up and use of my system, and the quality of the equipment, has all been very impressive so far. I'm not usually the type of person to leave lengthy reviews, but it's been obvious to me the folks at Cove are doin things right and I figure that's worth saying something about. I will definitely recommend this to everyone.

Ozzy

August 24th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The DIY installation of the security system was relatively fast and very easy. I've had a few issues since, but Cove has been very responsive and fast at fixing the problem. Be it by replacing a sensor, the entire panel, or looking into the issue on their end, they have been quick and responsive.

Anthony Grisafe

August 20th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was looking for a quality but affordable alarm system and Cove is that system. I was able to get door and window sensors, motion sensor, key fobs, and my favorite and what other systems usually charge a lot of money for is the fire and CO detectors. It only cost me $29 and the first month monitoring and that was it. Delivered to my house in a couple days in really smart packaging, and super easy to install. I even called customer support to make sure I installed it correctly and they were awesome. I’ve had 3 different alarm systems before and this one out does them all. The price is great, the system is easy to use and secure, and the key fobs and app for my phone really put it over the top with how easy it is to arm and disarm. No matter the size of your home or your security needs they can handle it and I highly recommend this company.

Antanita Farrell

August 17th, 2018 Jeffersonville, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cove has a great security system. The Cove team work really well with there customers. They take their time with giving instructions on how to use the system correctly. If you have any questions regarding the system they always have someone there to answer. This has been my experience.

Aaron Floyd

August 13th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been in the market for a security system for my home for a while and couldn't find anything I liked, I didn't want to pay a fortune or get stuck in a a contract. Once I found Cove I knew it was going to be perfect. Their "pay now or never" deal is amazing, easy to order from their website and my order shipped the next day! The system was easy to set up, just stick and the sensors and go! There mobile app works perfect, love. being able to arm, disarm, and get alerts from the smoke and CO2 alarms from my phone! Their custom services is great they reached out to me to see if I had any questions or problems very friendly and helpful. This was a great purchase and I'm glad I went with Cove!!

Vic Weatherford

August 9th, 2018 Pleasantville, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had an ADT system from 1991 to 2005 in my first house, and a Slomins system in this house from 2005 to the present. I became in the market for a new system because I’d been without a dial tone on my phone line and the technician from the phone company identified the Slomins line as the culprit, and disconnected it so it would not keep shorting the line out. Failing equipment has been an ongoing problem with Slomins, and I was not going to pay for them to come out yet again for service. Plus, I’ve been wanting to switch over to a cellular system anyway. To shop for a new system I used Google, and read a number of sites presenting reviews of their top 5 or 10 choices. Cove Security only got a mention on one of those sites, but the brief review and the link to covesmart.com provided enough information for me to put it into the mix. I got quotes and spoke to reps from Frontpoint, Brinks, and Protect America, and a salesman from Slomins also came to my house to make an upgrade offer which wasn’t bad. All of those came in around the same on the monthly monitoring charge with smartphone control, around 35 or 36 bucks, except perhaps for Protect America which had an odd pricing scheme which quickly got pretty expensive. Two things about Cove stood out: An option to get the same monitoring for 10 dollars less a month, and a lifetime warranty on equipment. Both were important to me, the latter because of my experience with Slomins. Three of the four I mentioned above emphasized their experience and stability as companies, and this quickly became my primary concern with Cove. I tried to get more information than the one review I saw, and Google was failing me. “Cove Security” doesn’t get a sniff on google, which is amazing. What comes up is a company in the U.K., and a security guard company. Same problem in the BBB site. Cove Security doesn’t yet exist there. From there I priced out a system on the Simplisafe site. They also offer $25/month monitoring including smartphone control. Their equipment priced out to $505 for the same package that came in at $724 with Cove, plus a complimentary security camera. No lifetime warranty, however, and I saw in one review that there was a possible flaw in their control panel regarding the “smash protection.” It wasn’t until a day later that I got the idea to google “covesmart.com”, and that got a few results. The best thing I found was on page two of the google results, a thread on reddit where beta testers were being sought. Reading the thread answered a number of my questions about the equipment and company, and I got a good vibe from the Cove rep posting there. My concerns about a fly by night company taking my money and then going quickly out of business were eased. At this point I felt like Cove was my best choice, because of the lifetime equipment warranty. The last hurdle was the $724 entry fee. It’s a lot. The $5/month credit toward new equipment is a great idea, and I thought I might forgo the CO detector and save $70, with the plan to get that 14 months in. I had spoken to a Cove rep on Tuesday morning and he had told me of the beta tester program. He mentioned several perks, including a one year return policy, but specifically no discount on equipment. When I called back on Wednesday afternoon, after an initial technical question I had regarding how the control panel communicated with the peripherals, I told the rep that I had narrowed my choices down to Cove and Simplisafe. He pointed out that Simplisafe offers a rudimentary keypad, not a state of the art touchpad. I signed on and will relate my experience with the set up when the equipment arrives. I think Cove is on the right track with it’s flexible pricing options. It’s pretty innovative. I don’t know if most people would go for the free equipment or the $10 off on monitoring with pre-payment, but it’s great to have the option. For me the lifetime warranty was big because of my previous experience. For others it may not be a factor. For those that are in love with the $25/month option, Simplisafe will probably remain Cove’s main competition. The lifetime warranty and $5/month credit for future equipment justify some degree of higher equipment cost, but I’m not sure how many shoppers will see it that way. They’ll have to be sold on the idea. The touchpad control panel is also an obvious advantage over what Simplisafe offers. First things first, Cove needs to up their profile on google somehow, and get on the BBB, but for a company that just started a few months ago, it’s probably actually ahead of the curve by already being mentioned in one online a security review. It was enough to snag me, anyway.

Chase

August 9th, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Setting up took less than 40 minutes and has allowed Jenn Checketts and I to feel more secure at home while not taking out a second mortgage to afford it. If you’re in the market for a new alarm or are sick of paying outrageous monthly fees, this company is made for you.

Drew pierce

August 3rd, 2018 Spanish Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So user friendly and affordable. I love that we easily can instal ourselfs and I know when my kids escape the house! I had a lot of help and support along the way to answer questions. I’m tying to convince my Dad to get one too!

Justin Barton

July 31st, 2018 Springfield, MO

The setup process was very easy to administer. You just need to open the boxes you receive, read over the included pamphlet, plug in the Cove Touch device, and follow the instructions on the Touch screen. Be ready to place the individual items where they will end up as that is crucial to a successful installation. The process took no longer than 15 minutes total. Since you already named your devices and where they go its just literally test and place. And if you do need any assistance a

Jay Gorman

July 30th, 2018 Lake Katrine, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lets start with the boxes. Within a few days of ordering, they were at my doorstep. The boxes were well labeled and packaged in an easy to use setup. Setup was a breeze. There was a quick guide that gave a good overview for installing. The step by step directions on the main panel were intuitive and simple to follow, taking you through installing each item, telling you where to install it, and testing each one to verify connection. For more detailed information during installation there is a link supplied to short videos for each sensor type. After installation the owners manual is detailed, and like every other part, easy to follow, to help you change any user controlled settings. The sensors (doors and windows) allow many ways to install. This was my first alarm system, and of course first time installing one myself. After the system was up and running, I was able to select how many hours I wanted to set for testing and learning the system, After adding my kids as users, each with their own code, and spending at most 2 minutes to explain how it works, they were all confident to use it properly. And speaking of adding users, you can add and delete guests with their own access codes as simple as 1,2,3. So far this is a system I'm very happy with and would highly recommend.

Jordan Wright

July 27th, 2018 El Dorado Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We recently moved and wanted to install an alarm system. I didn’t want to get stuck with a long-term contract or have an exorbitant up front cost. Cove hit all the things we wanted in an alarm system, and it was super easy to setup.