Cove

8.8

Marquell Jones Chicago, IL

My experience with Cove have been great I'm new to Cove so really haven't experienced much of a problem the thing I like about them is that the process was easy I was send the product and installed it myself I right due to me not experiencing much and being new everything is great

Taylor Bell Silverhill, AL

Transparent, easy to use, reliable. I love that it has no contacts.

Gary McDermott Cape May Court House, NJ

Easy installation. Low cost for equipment. Low monthly cost.

Christine bay Summerfield, FL

Easy to install, activate and keep an eye on things. No issues

Reply from Cove

Glad to hear! Thanks for sharing!

Ronald Winslow Port Orchard, WA

The best security system available and the very best in customer service

Reply from Cove

Thank you very much! We strive for excellence in both!

John P Silbernagel Conway, SC

nice system easy to use and set up monitor is easy to understand

Reply from Cove

Glad to hear you are enjoying your system! Thanks for leaving us a review!

Arnold Threet Whitley City, KY

Great company ever time I have trouble they go above and beyond to help me

Reply from Cove

We certainly try to be there for each of our customers! Thanks for sharing your experience and leaving us a review!

Leslie Perris, CA

My experience has been wonderful. I love their customer service and service overall. They can improve on smaller sensors.

Reply from Cove

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback! We greatly appreciate it!

Feb. 10th, 2021

Shar-ron Headen

I love how they are quick to respond to any alarm alert(s), always polite and courteous whenever speaking on the phone and very knowledgeable on any questions I may have.

Thank you!

Nov. 17th, 2020

Mando.Mdza

So far this company it's doing very well on the products, service and the more important part the surveillance it's very impressive, the response it's very fast.

Reply from Cove

Thank you! And thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

SERGIO RODRIGUEZ PEREZ Tavares, FL

Great customer service. Great upfront price. Lifetime warranty on equipment. Easy to install. The panel uses cellular signal, don’t need to worry about losing your home internet, you connect it to an outlet and also has battery for backup. Great mobile app. No contract !!!

Reply from Cove

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Glad to hear you are enjoying your system!

Jan. 4th, 2021

D Kenneth Saint Clair Shores, MI

Easy to deal with, not pushy sales people like other companies. The speaker through the alarm was a bit spotty talking to the rep, but it was clear as could be over the phone.

Reply from Cove

Thanks for sharing your experience and a great review! We greatly appreciate it!

Ryan Hawley Grants Pass, OR

I love my system. The order process was amazing. I choose the $35 plan and all the equipment was free. Due to covid 19 my income has stopped and they gave me the last 2 months free. They have an incredible staff.

Reply from Cove

We sincerely try for all our customers. Thanks Ryan for leaving us a review!

Claudine

So far, perfect! I love the prompt text/call response when the alarm triggers. My husband says "they don't play around with safety". And they are an easy company to work with.

Reply from Cove

Thanks, Claudine for the review. You are so right. You know what the best part Claudine, we are just getting started:)

Jul. 17th, 2019

Harpergrass Family Palm Coast, FL

I love my new system. I have had several of the expensive systems and prefer this one to the others. It's sleek and simple. It arrived in time and the customer service is wonderful

Vania Fairburn, GA

Great security system at affordable price.

David Marden Etowah, TN

The equipment is easy to install, and operate. Reliable.

Reply from Cove

Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear you are enjoying your system! Thanks for the review!

Erica Gallup, NM

Cove is a very great system for a great low price.

Reply from Cove

That's what we strive for! Glad to hear you are enjoying your system!

Catherine Shade Horn Lake, MS

The available 24/7. Customer service is outstanding.

Reply from Cove

We're always proud of our helpful and dedicated representatives! Thanks for the review!

Jennifer Quinn Valrico, FL

I wish that some of the features were a bit more customizable.

Reply from Cove

Appreciate the feedback! We're always looking for ways to further personalize the system to needs of our customers. We will be bringing more options and features to our system in future updates.

Tyler Vohs Galva, IA

Reasonable price, product does what it's supposed to.

Reply from Cove

So glad to hear! Thanks for leaving us a review! We greatly appreciate it!

Jolena J Page Seabeck, WA

Easy set up, easy to use, and great customer service

Reply from Cove

Thanks! Glad to hear you are enjoying your system!

Barbara M Bergmann Lagrange, IN

Gives me a sense of security and it's easy to set up.

Reply from Cove

Giving our customers that sense of security is our #1 priority. Glad to hear you are enjoying your system!

Pete Howell, MI

Excellent product, easy to install and excellent customer service.

Reply from Cove

Thanks for sharing and leaving us a review! We greatly appreciate it!

Breezy Columbus, GA

I'm extremely happy with Cove's cost and installation. It was truly simple. Only two concerns. 1 I had no idea the camera doesn't connect to the system and this needs to be made more clear before and during purchase, it's totally separate. None of the packaging states this either. I would've liked to know upfront but I'm ok with it now and I feel many people whow want the camera connected would be upset to find this out after the fact. 2 the panel didn't prompt for the Co and Smoke Detectors like it did the other sensors. I called to confirm installation as directed but had to go back and add those. Once I added my extra points and got camera app setup and working, it's fine. Customer service was great, very helpful. I think this is a great product, happy and relieved to find it. You wouldn't believe what I paid for and went through with vivint for 5 yrs.

Reply from Cove

Thanks for the kind review Breezy. We will have integrated cameras by the next calendar year.

Nov. 22nd, 2019

MIKE

Ive had Cove for just a few months, but Cove has, by far, exceeding my expectations. The process to buy the system is seamless and easy to use, the equipment was shipped quickly too. The setup is even easier, it was installed in just minutes. I've ordered extra equipment after the initial purchase, and that too was an easy process from placing the order to adding it to the Home Control Panel. The Cove App from the phone has also been useful in that I I'm able to Arm and Disarm my system from my phone, anywhere, whenever someone needs to come into my house when in not home, like family or a friend. My home alarm has been triggered while I was not at home, and Cove Monitoring called me within seconds to let me know. The Cove Customer Service reps are outstanding and their response time is like none other, even on Social Media, I always get a quick and friendly response, and the best part it's a human. I do want to shout out Dallin who dedicated time to make sure any possible issue I encountered was addressed in an expeditious manner. I'm excited to see the features coming in the near future and I've already recommended Cove to several family, friends and coworkers. I'm confident my house is protected using Cove.

Patrick French Manchester, NH

I am very impressed with my new COVE alarm system. I just got done installing my system and everything went pretty well. I did have one small glitch with one of the sensors not registering right away. The panel instructed me to call technical support but I thought I was going to run into a problem with that. I was installing my system at 10:30 PM on a Saturday night. I thought there was no way I am going to be able to get help with this now. I called the number for product support that came up on the panel and someone answered. This is good because there definitely should be monitoring reps available 24/7 but I figured tech support for installation issues would be closed. The person that answered was very helpful and explained that he would have someone from technical support call me back within an hour. I was really surprised with this because of the time. It wasn't 15 minutes later and a rep from technical support was on the phone with me and walked me through testing all of my sensors and we were able to verify for sure that all of the sensors were fine. Turns out the issue might have really been that I didn't leave one of the sensors triggered long enough the first time. The tech support rep was awesome and he not only took care of my making sure my system was functioning 100% correctly but he then walked me through setting up the online app and made sure I was comfortable using the app and the entire system as well. That is exceptional service from a home security company at now 11:30 PM on a Saturday night. I have used other companies before and never gotten this level of service from any of them. I would highly recommend using COVE. The ordering process was simple to navigate, the system was delivered as promised, the installation was really simple, and now I know for sure they are standing behind their product. Their prices for equipment and monitoring are very reasonable as well.

Reply from Cove

At Cove, we strive to follow the four E's for our company: Excellent, Easy, Enjoyable, and Economical. We are only going to get better with time:)

Sep. 19th, 2018

Jason S. Tulsa, OK

Placed my order Monday evening and received the system Thursday afternoon. Set up was super easy from installing the touch panel to installing the door sensors and motion sensor. I’m impressed with how loud the actual audible alarm is 90 decibels is more than enough I even tested it with my bedroom door closed and the loud AC window unit running, of course my dog hates it hahaha (poor guy). Setting up the phone application was a breeze and the after hours tech support called me back within 30 seconds after hanging up with central monitoring to help set all that up! Hands down I’m SUPER impressed the equipment was clean and up to date technology wise I’m glad I chose Cove and will definitely be recommending to others as well. I’m an Officer so I’m big when it comes to home security and I feel like I’ve defintely hit the bullseye with Cove! And remember only $35/month and no WiFi or Landline required! Last but not least LIFETIME WARRANTY so tell me again why your still thinking about getting Cove? Here’s a suggestion don’t think about it and just do it. You won’t be disappointed! #YouGuysRock

K. Lewis Bessemer, AL

We ordered our system late Tuesday afternoon, it shipped Wednesday and we had it in hand Thursday afternoon. The setup was super easy. After we put all the sensors in place and began to test them, we got an error message that instructed us to call support. As it was after business hours, we were told a technician would call us the next morning. However, not even 30 seconds after I hung up, I received a call-back from a technician and while on the phone with him, yet another technician was calling on the other line. Long story short the technician solved our issue (which was actually user error) and patiently answered all of our remaining questions. We are pleased with the pricing, product, ease of use and professionalism of both support and customer service. We look forward to being longstanding customers of Cove as long as they continue to display their current level of excellence.

Yolima Greenville, SC

We have had Cove for over a week now. I highly recommend this security system. Every step of the process from ordering online to installation was easy and pain free. The installation was extremely fast and easy. Before Cove, I had no idea how accessible a home security system could be. I love the fact that I do not have a contract, I did not have to pay hundreds of dollars upfront for equipment and that there is no fee if I move and take the system with me. When I had to call support, I waited for less than a minute and was connected to real, live person that fixed my problem quickly. My favorite part of system is the key ring remote that quickly arms and disarms my system from the outside. This remote also has an SOS feature for distress calls. I look forward to adding more equipment that Cove releases.

Julius Ngeskebei Mesa, AZ

Best alarm company that I've had experience with in years. Ive had the big name alarm guys and all the bad experience you've had or heard of is true. From equipment failures, to not reaching anyone at customer support to telling you we'll come and fix it and don't get me started with the bills. But this is a whole new experience for me or anyone else who is looking to protect their home. No more are the days of having someone you pay to come and install an alarm system that cost you and arm and a leg, and at the same time most of the sensor they put are not even working. I installed this myself with the help of the panel that tells you step by step on what to do. I mean its a no brainer. If you can put batteries on a tv remote, you can do this. Took me about less than 10 minutes including the activation and customer support calling you live making sure everything works. This is the future of alarm no doubt about it. No contracts, no hassles, and there is someone always there friendly to help you for anything. Anything at all. By the way I did not get paid a dime to talk about my experience. I just feel like its about time someone came up with very user friendly alarm system without digging into your pocket and locking you down for years with a contract. Cove is the way to go!!!

Ryan Fluckiger Heyburn, ID

Cove is the first company that I've felt comfortable using as a security system provider because it is an economical option, but still get the same if not better equipment that is offered from other providers. I really like that it's something I can set up on my own and tailor to my own needs. I was surprised how easy and intuitive it was to go through the set up process on my own. To be honest, I did have one minor hiccup that I decided to call and get help with, after calling I was told that it would likely be the next morning before they could get my problem solved since it was after their regular business hours, but they would see what they could do. That wasn't a big deal for me anyway, but less than 30 minutes after I hung up, I got a text saying they would be calling me to sort out the problem and only a few minutes after that my phone rang. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and were able to get it sorted out. I was very pleased with their prompt response to my specific needs, it made it that much more of an enjoyable process for me to get my system up and running. The next day I called with some more questions about my new system and again was surprised with how efficient they were in being able to help me with my questions and understanding of what I needed to know. Overall it has been an outstanding product and customer service experience for me. From the ordering process, less than 24hrs later my order was in the mail on it's way, through the set up and use of my system, and the quality of the equipment, has all been very impressive so far. I'm not usually the type of person to leave lengthy reviews, but it's been obvious to me the folks at Cove are doin things right and I figure that's worth saying something about. I will definitely recommend this to everyone.

Anthony Grisafe Las Vegas, NV

I was looking for a quality but affordable alarm system and Cove is that system. I was able to get door and window sensors, motion sensor, key fobs, and my favorite and what other systems usually charge a lot of money for is the fire and CO detectors. It only cost me $29 and the first month monitoring and that was it. Delivered to my house in a couple days in really smart packaging, and super easy to install. I even called customer support to make sure I installed it correctly and they were awesome. I’ve had 3 different alarm systems before and this one out does them all. The price is great, the system is easy to use and secure, and the key fobs and app for my phone really put it over the top with how easy it is to arm and disarm. No matter the size of your home or your security needs they can handle it and I highly recommend this company.

Aaron Floyd Las Vegas, NV

I've been in the market for a security system for my home for a while and couldn't find anything I liked, I didn't want to pay a fortune or get stuck in a a contract. Once I found Cove I knew it was going to be perfect. Their "pay now or never" deal is amazing, easy to order from their website and my order shipped the next day! The system was easy to set up, just stick and the sensors and go! There mobile app works perfect, love. being able to arm, disarm, and get alerts from the smoke and CO2 alarms from my phone! Their custom services is great they reached out to me to see if I had any questions or problems very friendly and helpful. This was a great purchase and I'm glad I went with Cove!!

Vic Weatherford Pleasantville, NJ

I had an ADT system from 1991 to 2005 in my first house, and a Slomins system in this house from 2005 to the present. I became in the market for a new system because I’d been without a dial tone on my phone line and the technician from the phone company identified the Slomins line as the culprit, and disconnected it so it would not keep shorting the line out. Failing equipment has been an ongoing problem with Slomins, and I was not going to pay for them to come out yet again for service. Plus, I’ve been wanting to switch over to a cellular system anyway. To shop for a new system I used Google, and read a number of sites presenting reviews of their top 5 or 10 choices. Cove Security only got a mention on one of those sites, but the brief review and the link to covesmart.com provided enough information for me to put it into the mix. I got quotes and spoke to reps from Frontpoint, Brinks, and Protect America, and a salesman from Slomins also came to my house to make an upgrade offer which wasn’t bad. All of those came in around the same on the monthly monitoring charge with smartphone control, around 35 or 36 bucks, except perhaps for Protect America which had an odd pricing scheme which quickly got pretty expensive. Two things about Cove stood out: An option to get the same monitoring for 10 dollars less a month, and a lifetime warranty on equipment. Both were important to me, the latter because of my experience with Slomins. Three of the four I mentioned above emphasized their experience and stability as companies, and this quickly became my primary concern with Cove. I tried to get more information than the one review I saw, and Google was failing me. “Cove Security” doesn’t get a sniff on google, which is amazing. What comes up is a company in the U.K., and a security guard company. Same problem in the BBB site. Cove Security doesn’t yet exist there. From there I priced out a system on the Simplisafe site. They also offer $25/month monitoring including smartphone control. Their equipment priced out to $505 for the same package that came in at $724 with Cove, plus a complimentary security camera. No lifetime warranty, however, and I saw in one review that there was a possible flaw in their control panel regarding the “smash protection.” It wasn’t until a day later that I got the idea to google “covesmart.com”, and that got a few results. The best thing I found was on page two of the google results, a thread on reddit where beta testers were being sought. Reading the thread answered a number of my questions about the equipment and company, and I got a good vibe from the Cove rep posting there. My concerns about a fly by night company taking my money and then going quickly out of business were eased. At this point I felt like Cove was my best choice, because of the lifetime equipment warranty. The last hurdle was the $724 entry fee. It’s a lot. The $5/month credit toward new equipment is a great idea, and I thought I might forgo the CO detector and save $70, with the plan to get that 14 months in. I had spoken to a Cove rep on Tuesday morning and he had told me of the beta tester program. He mentioned several perks, including a one year return policy, but specifically no discount on equipment. When I called back on Wednesday afternoon, after an initial technical question I had regarding how the control panel communicated with the peripherals, I told the rep that I had narrowed my choices down to Cove and Simplisafe. He pointed out that Simplisafe offers a rudimentary keypad, not a state of the art touchpad. I signed on and will relate my experience with the set up when the equipment arrives. I think Cove is on the right track with it’s flexible pricing options. It’s pretty innovative. I don’t know if most people would go for the free equipment or the $10 off on monitoring with pre-payment, but it’s great to have the option. For me the lifetime warranty was big because of my previous experience. For others it may not be a factor. For those that are in love with the $25/month option, Simplisafe will probably remain Cove’s main competition. The lifetime warranty and $5/month credit for future equipment justify some degree of higher equipment cost, but I’m not sure how many shoppers will see it that way. They’ll have to be sold on the idea. The touchpad control panel is also an obvious advantage over what Simplisafe offers. First things first, Cove needs to up their profile on google somehow, and get on the BBB, but for a company that just started a few months ago, it’s probably actually ahead of the curve by already being mentioned in one online a security review. It was enough to snag me, anyway.

Jay Gorman Lake Katrine, NY

Lets start with the boxes. Within a few days of ordering, they were at my doorstep. The boxes were well labeled and packaged in an easy to use setup. Setup was a breeze. There was a quick guide that gave a good overview for installing. The step by step directions on the main panel were intuitive and simple to follow, taking you through installing each item, telling you where to install it, and testing each one to verify connection. For more detailed information during installation there is a link supplied to short videos for each sensor type. After installation the owners manual is detailed, and like every other part, easy to follow, to help you change any user controlled settings. The sensors (doors and windows) allow many ways to install. This was my first alarm system, and of course first time installing one myself. After the system was up and running, I was able to select how many hours I wanted to set for testing and learning the system, After adding my kids as users, each with their own code, and spending at most 2 minutes to explain how it works, they were all confident to use it properly. And speaking of adding users, you can add and delete guests with their own access codes as simple as 1,2,3. So far this is a system I'm very happy with and would highly recommend.

Carly Bauman Salt Lake City, UT

I have never owned a security system before, so I was nervous about how difficult it would be to install and get used to arming and disarming daily. This was so easy to install! The onscreen made the process very simple and quick. My husband was also impressed with how easily you can use this system. The monthly fee is a great price as well! Cove customer service was very helpful with all of my questions and concerns Shipping did not take long at all. I love not having to be locked into a contract, even though after receiving the product I will never use another system. I would strongly reccomend Cove to everyone looking for a new system or to even upgrade their old system.

LS Bloomington, IN

As advertised -- easy installation, GREAT customer service, and prompt action on alerts!

Reply from Cove

Thanks for sharing your experience! Glad to hear you are enjoying your system!

Imran Momin Littleton, CO

It's easy simple and no contract May be the price of installs can be discounted more

Shawn Rosvold Colorado Springs, CO

The interface is good. Installation is easy. I cannot get one of the wireless cameras to stay connected.

Reply from Cove

Have we taken care of your camera? Please reach out to us if you're still experiencing issues and we'll be happy to look further into it. That shouldn't be happening. Glad to hear you are otherwise enjoying your system!

James Ragan San Bernardino, CA

Excellent product and service, I have been extremely pleased with the system, ease of installation, quality of system and customer service.

Reply from Cove

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you are enjoying your system!

Apr. 16th, 2021

George Herman Marion, IN

We have been very happy with the whole process from ordering, installing, customer service, to using the system

Reply from Cove

Thanks for leaving us a review! Glad to hear you are enjoying your system!

Apr. 16th, 2021

Maism

Quick response and follow up.I am looking forward to the company adding its own indoor, outdoor and naybe doorbell camera

Reply from Cove

Thanks for sharing! We are also looking forward to adding our outdoor cameras, and (yes) we will have doorbells too!

Nov. 17th, 2020

Jeanette Long

So fpr my experience has been very good. I have called Cove a few times to ask questions. They always have the answer. I am glad I choose Cove .

Reply from Cove

Thanks Jeanette for leaving a great review and sharing your experience!

Rick L

Top notch! Professional and prompt. Good follow through on getting me my system on time. Excellent support on set up questions and process

Reply from Cove

Thanks for sharing your experience, and for this great review!

Pat

I must say it's refreshing to have a product that works by like advertised. I can’t think of anything that needs improvement. Very happy with my purchase of cove.

Reply from Cove

Thanks for leaving a great review Pat! We greatly appreciate it!

George Dayton, OH

Is been very good, they respond very fast. I set my alarm to not get a call for 30 seconds so if I do trip the alarm, but they still call. I guess that's good

Reply from Cove

Thanks for sharing and leaving us a review!

Ollie

The customer service at Cove is amazing and I am very impressed with that aspect of the company. I have had a couple glitches with the equipment, but nothing major and it was easily rectified over the phone.

Reply from Cove

Thanks for sharing you experience, and taking the time to leave us a review!

Kristen Johnson

I've called in to speak with customer service and it went very smoothly and my questions were answered. Callback time for false alarm wasn't bad either!

Reply from Cove

Thanks for sharing your experience. And thanks for leaving us a review!

David Howland

I like everything they stand for and do because they are for the customer and I can't think of anything they need to improve on they are the best already

Reply from Cove

What a great review! Thank you so much!