Cove is a home security company focused on providing its customers with easy, enjoyable, and economical home security services. With nationwide coverage, Cove's aim is to protect every home in the United States.

The company does not require a long-term monitoring contract for certain packages, and it ensures a 60-day money-back guarantee on all home security systems. Cove eliminated the middleman to get better home security services for less and now possesses a 5-star professional monitoring service. Cove also offers a lifetime warranty on equipment.

Cove home security reviews note great customer service and exceptional products. Read additional Cove home security reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the home security company.

Click here to go straight to Cove security reviews

The Good

• Cove Security Reviews
  • Simple DIY Installation
  • Customizable Home Security
  • 24-Hour Shipping
  • Cove Home Security Cost
  • Cove InstaText
  • 60-Day Risk-Free Trial
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty
  • Cove Mobile App
  • Extensive Equipment/Services

Cove Security Reviews

Cove security reviews are overwhelmingly positive, awarding Cove an overall 5-star consumer rating. Customer reviews highlight impressive customer service, easy ordering and setup, quality equipment, and quick response time. Many home security providers have poor reviews, alluding to a poor consumer experience. Positive Cove reviews can provide peace of mind to customers that doing business with Cove will result in a satisfactory experience and quality service. Read more Cove home security reviews below.

Simple DIY Installation

Cove’s security system is wireless, easy-to-use technology that is simple and straightforward. Customers can install the system themselves within minutes.

The Touch Panel acts as the brain of the security system, and it will walk you through the entire process with on-screen instructions. A video of the setup process can be found on the homepage of Cove’s website or on YouTube. Many home security systems require professional setup that may result in hefty charges and a difficult installation process. DIY security systems are often customers' preferred home security solution.

Customizable Home Security

You can customize your Cove alarm system to meet your home’s specific security needs. You can do this through Cove’s secure online checkout, or you can call the helpline and speak to a security expert directly. Customizable security plans ensure homeowners won't be stuck paying for unnecessary services, and it will make their security experience that much more enjoyable and carefree.

24-Hour Shipping

Cove provides 24-hour shipping, so you can receive your security system as quickly as possible and install as soon as you'd like. This way, you don’t have to wait weeks to secure your home. Many home security providers have a difficult setup process and may take weeks to complete the process, especially if professional installation is required and needs to be scheduled.

Cove Home Security Cost

Cove home security is reasonably priced, with a monthly fee ranging from $14.99 - $34.99 monitoring. If you keep Cove's monitoring services for 36 months or more, you do not have to sign a long-term contract, nor do you have to pay any equipment fees or an upfront cost.

You have the option to cancel any time before the 36 months are up, but you will have to cover the equipment costs of your security package (up to $500).

Cove InstaText

With Cove InstaText, you can get security notifications sent directly to your phone through a text message. Cove InstaText will alert you immediately if your security system detects motion or other suspicious activity. You can then respond with the action you would like cove to take by responding “Send Help,” “Cancel,” or “Call me.”

60-Day Risk-Free Trial

Cove wants its customers to be 100 percent satisfied, so it offers a 60-day risk-free trial on all home security systems to test out its services. If you don’t like Cove’s home security services, you can send the system back for a full refund. Many security providers only offer a 30-day money-back guarantee or no money-back option at all, so this is great for consumers who want a worry-free trial period to decide if Cove's security system is right for them.

Lifetime Equipment Warranty

Unlike many home security providers, Cove offers a lifetime warranty on its equipment devices, so you never have to worry about paying for equipment replacements at additional charges.

Cove Mobile App

Cove offers a free app with its systems. It is available in the app store for Android devices as well as Apple iOS devices. Having a synched home security app allows consumers to monitor and control their security system from anywhere at any time and can alert them of any suspicious activity or disturbances in or around the home.

Extensive Equipment/Services

Cove security systems have a variety of equipment and services available. Having more diverse security options allows for more suitable options for a variety of consumers. Offerings are as follows:

• Cove Alarm Touch control panel
  • Glass Break Detector
  • Smoke Detector
  • Flood Sensor
  • Carbon Monoxide Detector
  • Medical Button (Medical alert system to instantly notify emergency response services)
  • Cove InstaText
  • Cove LiveAssist (2-way communication channel between you and Cove)
  • Indoor cameras

The Bad

Time in Business

Started in early 2018, Cove has been in business for a relatively short time. However, despite its brief time in business thus far, Cove seems to be a trusted and well-established home security company with many beneficial services to offer.

The Bottom Line

Cove is a fairly new home security company but has been working for years to provide easy-to-use, enjoyable, and affordable home security systems with quality monitored security. Cove has customizable packages, and the equipment is set up through a simple DIY process and does not require the system to be professionally installed.

Cove provides 24-hour shipping on its security solutions and has a package option with no upfront fees, no equipment costs, and no contracts with an affordable monthly fee. There is also a lifetime equipment warranty and a 60-day risk-free trial.

A drawback to Cove is its limited time in business. However, with a 5-star review rating, limited time in business has clearly not kept Cove from becoming an exceptional home security provider with great customer satisfaction ratings. Consumer reviews highlight impressive customer service, fast and easy installation, impressive pricing, and more. We highly recommend considering Cove for your home security needs. Read through Cove security reviews below to see what else customers are saying about Cove’s home security services.

4.8

Tracy from St Louis MO

January 6th, 2020 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience. Cove is affordable, with high quality equipment,very efficient, and great service. We feel a lot safer. I have no complaints at all.

Jan 06, 2020

Thanks for the review, Tracy. So glad you are pleased.

Shanee

January 6th, 2020 Baltimore, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent. I love their response time when the alarm goes off. Just wish I could pay my bill online

Jan 06, 2020

Glad you love our response time Shanee. We will have a customer portal available by this calendar year.

Samantha

January 4th, 2020 Richmond, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought the system a couple months ago. So far i haven't had a problem. Customer service has always been amazing when i call. The response time has been amazing when the alarm gets set off accidentally (which has happened since i had to get use to setting the alarm lol) i even ordered more sensors as well without any problems. I would recommend this system to everyone.

Jan 08, 2020

So happy we could protect your home and family. We love providing great experiences.

Diane Sabino

December 30th, 2019 Dewey-Humboldt, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their service is excellent. Product works beautifully!

Dec 30, 2019

Thanks, Diane for the kind review. We love to hear this type of raving experience.

Satisfied Customer

December 30th, 2019 Ocala, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am totally satisfied It was easy to install and customer service helped when we hit a glitch.

Dec 30, 2019

So glad you are satisfied. Happy we could help.

CV

December 30th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have great customer service, and they are always willing to help.

Dec 30, 2019

Thanks for the kind review. We love helping our customers.

Scott

December 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very friendly and when they send text about alarms and I respond they don't need to call if I say it's ok

Dec 17, 2019

We are so pleased that you are satisfied. Thanks for the review, Scott.

Rob D

December 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would sure love to see video intergration into your product line. Besides that, we love your serivce and would (have) highly receomended it to many.

Dec 17, 2019

We highly recommend our amazing customers. Thanks for the review.

Josh S.

December 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our experience with Cove has been nothing short of amazing. The pricing is amazing for anyone on a budget, the equipment is well built and looks great, and the customer service is very helpful and quick to respond. The alarm side immediately sends a text and calls you for an update promptly. They need to improve their site from a current customer standpoint allowing for tutorials or questions regarding smart device setup/sync, questions, and billing.

Dec 17, 2019

The customer portal is coming soon Josh. By the first part of next year. Thanks for the kind words though.

GREGORY LEON

LOVE MINE.EASY FAST SET UP TIME. WISH IT SAW MY CAM

Dec 17, 2019

Thanks for the kind review, Gregory. We will have more automation products in the future.

Dwdw

December 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have found there is A lag time with our inside camera.

Dec 17, 2019

Thanks for the feedback. We will let our third-party provider know for sure.

Danny

I love Cove!!!! Great customer service! Great price

Dec 17, 2019

Thanks for the kind review, Danny. We love providing all those things.

Brett Davis

December 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very understanding and service is great.

Dec 17, 2019

Thanks, Brett for the kind words. We love hiring sympathetic support personnel.

NM

December 13th, 2019 Manhattan Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bought the system in early July. At the end of August it started making an intermittent beeping every 15 minutes which the customer service reps told me they'd never experienced before. They were kind enough to send a new system free of charge. The new system began to do the same thing, and to make matters worse I couldn't even set it up because 7 of my 11 door/window sensors failed to register. Waste of money, useless knowledge base. Go with a real security system. Cove, fix your crap.

Dec 16, 2019

I am so sorry you didn't get what you expected Niki. Give us a call and we would be happy to remedy the situation, 855-268-3669. Because this is truly an anomaly of experience, we would be happy to work out an amicable solution for both parties. We always do right by our customers. Give us a shot:).

Brittany Schmalz

November 21st, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

By no means should you use this company. Not only is there equipment poorly designed, but their customer service is even worse. I have standard front and back doors that enter my home. The sensors would not fit on either door. I worked with their customer service department for 2 weeks sending pictures and measurements to receive no answer. And by receive no answer I mean they literally just stopped answering any emails or questions about it. Even after I emailed to ask on an update. Also, when I removed the sensors I was able to use it completely ruined my drywall and my basement door. Oh and one of the times that I set the alarm off by accident I forgot to check my phone to cancel dispatch and say I was ok. I never received a call. And I also never had a dispatched officer come to my home. Thank God I wasn’t being robbed and forced to enter my security number into the touch pad. I would not trust this company to be in charge of my safety for any reason.

Nov 22, 2019

Hello Brittany, we take poor experiences pretty seriously. I am sorry you had a poor experience. We have investigated your account and it appears we reached out to you once via email, twice via text, and left a VM, and you never reached back out except to cancel. We have already processed your 60-day money-back guarantee. We wish you would have given us an opportunity to help you. Nevertheless, thanks for giving us a try.

Breezy

September 19th, 2019 Columbus, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm extremely happy with Cove's cost and installation. It was truly simple. Only two concerns. 1 I had no idea the camera doesn't connect to the system and this needs to be made more clear before and during purchase, it's totally separate. None of the packaging states this either. I would've liked to know upfront but I'm ok with it now and I feel many people whow want the camera connected would be upset to find this out after the fact. 2 the panel didn't prompt for the Co and Smoke Detectors like it did the other sensors. I called to confirm installation as directed but had to go back and add those. Once I added my extra points and got camera app setup and working, it's fine. Customer service was great, very helpful. I think this is a great product, happy and relieved to find it. You wouldn't believe what I paid for and went through with vivint for 5 yrs.

Nov 22, 2019

Thanks for the kind review Breezy. We will have integrated cameras by the next calendar year.

Steve Tischler

August 7th, 2019 Mays Landing, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service. High quality products and already assigned sensors from the online order. Just have to make sure you have a good cell signal with AT&T at your location. Overall great product and service

Nov 22, 2019

Thanks for the review Steve. We will have Verizon and T-mobile by next calendar year.

Jamie Manfouo

July 22nd, 2019 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very prompt at calling me when my alarm goes off

Jul 22, 2019

Thanks, Jamie for the review. We do love to please.

Anthony

July 22nd, 2019 Hickory, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very helpful they could make the process a bit more defined but they are nailing it. Keep the platform open to expansion. New products and connectivity.

Jul 22, 2019

Thanks, Anthony for the review. We appreciate the feedback.

Brittney Peters

July 22nd, 2019 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service is great. I wish we could have a second keypad

Jul 22, 2019

Thanks, Brittney for the review. We appreciate the feedback.

Jessica

July 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have really enjoyed having them as our security system for both our house and work. Very helpful when we need assistance. Personalized care.

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks, Jessica. We strive our best to do provide a great customer experience.

July 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The prices and customer service is phenomenal

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks for the review. We do strive for great customer service.

evil queen

July 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i love it and feel safe the only thing to change is the when you put alarm on to make 20 mins because by the time you get out or go to bed somebody can still come in

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks for the kind review. Great feedback.

Ken O

July 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cove has been great! Easy installation right out of the box.

T Smith

July 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love my security system. Wish they would not call the police after I cancel or confirm false alarm because i am charged 250.00 each time

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks for the review T Smith.

Steve Thornton

July 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have been amazing! The system is easy and customized! Service is always amazing!

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks for the review Steve Thorton. We do want excellence in our service.

Sheena Bonebrake

July 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fair. They could improve on their technology and communication when an alarm is triggered

Jul 16, 2019

Thanks for the Feedback Sheena. Although our panel has won awards we know there is always room for improvement and are currently developing new technology. We will reach out to you about your alarm.

Good Service. Needs App for all Plans.

July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It''s a good system but it sort of ridiculous that the basic monitoring plan does not come with the App access. It should at least allow payments and some set up.

Jul 02, 2019

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it. We are building a customer portal and it will be ready soon.

Satisfied homeowners

July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

extremely simple installation, great customer service, ease of operation, lifetime warranty when paid up front, quick on time delivery, monthly auto billing

Deb

July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great home security system and excellent response time. I do wish they offered an outdoor camera and a video doorbell

Jul 02, 2019

Thanks for the kind review Deb. We appreciate the feedback. We will have a doorbell camera soon and an outdoor camera native to our system as well.

Arnie

July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far, all is as expected. Easy install, set up. All working fine

Jul 02, 2019

Thanks for the review Arnie. So glad everything is working ok.

Rob Blatz

July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent service and explanations. Product worked as advertised. Installation procedure was straight forward and simple.

Jul 02, 2019

Thanks for the kind review Rob. We appreciate you being our customer.

July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great system. Siren could be a lot louder though'

Jul 02, 2019

Thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback.

I dont remember

July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They perfect in respectfully in take care of they customers

Jul 02, 2019

Thanks for the kind review. We do love taking care of our customers.

Joshua lindsay

July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome customer service. The product is amazimg

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks, Joshua. We love to please.

Sound Company

July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I''ve enjoyed the security. Equipment seems good.

Michelle

June 24th, 2019 Norfolk, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been using cove for a couple of months know and I love it. Installation was easy and the customer service is great. I've accidentally tripped the alarm twice and each time the response time has been a couple of seconds. Price is also great. I just wish I could monitor the cameras and system all from one app.

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks for the review Michelle. We love providing fast response times.

Joyce Rapp

March 12th, 2019 Mentone, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I posted a review and got a call from a different rep. I explained the extreme circumstances that we are going through that the previous customer service rep didn't give me a chance to explain. This rep was willing to bend in order to keep us as customers and I appreciate that very much. I did find out some things about the camera that I wasn't told when we bought the system, which adds to the monthly price - one basis for our purchasing the system and service - so that's why I'm giving only four stars. I guess there is a steep learning curve for people starting a new business.

MIKE

March 7th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ive had Cove for just a few months, but Cove has, by far, exceeding my expectations. The process to buy the system is seamless and easy to use, the equipment was shipped quickly too. The setup is even easier, it was installed in just minutes. I've ordered extra equipment after the initial purchase, and that too was an easy process from placing the order to adding it to the Home Control Panel. The Cove App from the phone has also been useful in that I I'm able to Arm and Disarm my system from my phone, anywhere, whenever someone needs to come into my house when in not home, like family or a friend. My home alarm has been triggered while I was not at home, and Cove Monitoring called me within seconds to let me know. The Cove Customer Service reps are outstanding and their response time is like none other, even on Social Media, I always get a quick and friendly response, and the best part it's a human. I do want to shout out Dallin who dedicated time to make sure any possible issue I encountered was addressed in an expeditious manner. I'm excited to see the features coming in the near future and I've already recommended Cove to several family, friends and coworkers. I'm confident my house is protected using Cove.

Yanira Zavala

March 5th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Cove Smart!! I've had them for about a month now and I am beyond happy. If you looking for security, affordability, great equipment and excellent customer service then you found the right company.

Jun 14, 2019

Wow, thanks for the kind review Yanira.

Anand

February 11th, 2019 Corona, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is nice experience with cove. It would be great if the sticker of cove can sign in dark.

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks, Anand. We appreciate your review.

Arnita Hicks-Lee

February 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service, fast response, always friendly

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks, Arnita. We love to be all those things.

Alana Stockard

February 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service was great and the service was easy to install. The price is awesome and I am very happy so far.

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks, Alana. We are so excited you are happy.

Loretta Clayton

February 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No video door bell like I wanted. I dont want the product

Feb 08, 2019

You are right Loretta, we don't have a doorbell cameras. Thanks for your feedback though. We feel deeply hurt you gave us such a poor review for something we do not advertise on our website.

Tony

February 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They should add a camera that connect to the security pad.

Feb 08, 2019

We anticipate lots of increased features for Cove in the future:).

LC

February 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reaction time is awesome. We had two incidents to where the alarm went off and I love how they need the code to deactivate

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks, LC. We are so pleased.

Markeya J.

February 6th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love it! It arrived quickly, was easy to install andthe team was very supportive when I had financial diffiuclty which effected my ability to pay

Nov 22, 2019

Glad we could help. Thanks for the review.

Bob.S

February 6th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent alarm system. Simple to setup and use, cost of equipment and monitoring is very competitive. System exceeded my expectations.

Dec 17, 2019

We love exceeding customer's expectations. That is one of our core values Bob. Thanks for the kind review.

Great service

February 6th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service and dependability peace of mind

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks. We love to be dependable.

Kc

February 6th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great coustmer service, need to get a door bell camera

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks for the review, Maurice. Great feedback. We will have a customer portal up soon.