Central Security Group has been offering home security systems and monitoring for over 40 years. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and serves much of the southern United States. Central Security Group can monitor some existing systems, which gives its customers an advantage and choices in monitoring. The company has security and home automation offerings and the systems are easily controlled with Alarm.com's free mobile app or from any desktop or laptop with an internet connection. For those with video surveillance, up to four live feeds can be viewed simultaneously with apps for Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Home Automation Options
  • Optional Standalone Video Surveillance Package
  • Move Assistance

Home Automation Options

Customers looking for a home security and home automation package that is easily controlled will find much that is positive with Central Security Group. The company is far more transparent with its optional home automation than its home security. Customers can control their home security and home automation from a computer, mobile device, and some wearables.

Optional Standalone Video Surveillance Package

Central Security Group offers video surveillance as an add on or standalone service. The company has a choice of several camera with DVR recording, night vision, and live streaming capabilities. Once customers complete a three-year contract with video, they own the equipment outright.

Move Assistance

After customers have been subscribers for at least one year, the company provides several move options. Customers subscribing to the Alert 360 plan can receive a $100 move credit. Central Security Group is more transparent about its pricing than many of its competitors, but lacks complete transparency.

The Bad

• Lack of Transparency
  • Not Available Nationwide
  • Customer Service Quality

Lack of Transparency

Like many of its competitors, Central Security Group does not disclose much about its contracts online or via its website. The only way to receive information about its services is to have an in-home walk through and quote or through a call with a representative. Some customers report that they were charged for the remainder of the contract if canceling service or moving before the contract was fulfilled or to a state that was not in Central Service Group's coverage area. Direct inquiries about the cancellation policy to the company were not answered.

Not Available Nationwide

Central Service Group is available only in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.

Customer Service Quality

Customers report that they have had difficulty contacting or receiving answers from customer service. It is important to note that the customer service is not equal to or part of the company's security monitoring.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Central Security Group has many features which make it attractive for many. The company works with its customers to find the best options available, including monitoring an existing system, using standalone video monitoring, or installing a new system. The company provides certificates to insurance companies to help its customers save on their homeowners insurance premiums. The company is slightly more transparent than many of its competitors on its pricing. Purchasing monitoring from Central Security Group to monitor an existing system is recommended for the price.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.1

Dave the sucker

May 23rd, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their equipment and software need constant repair. BEWARE!!! Every time you request a change or upgrade any equipment they restart your contract for another three years. You cannot get out until that three years is over and you request the cancellation in writing. They are very deceitful;. BEWARE!

Rick

July 6th, 2019 Youngsville, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had service with them for 1-1/2 years now, and we did not have any problems with the service. However, I have taken a new job in another state, and they say that we will have to pay for the rest of the three year term at full rate. They did not offer any type of discount. They said if we transferred the service to our new residence, with a new contract, we could cancel the present contract. Or, if we convince the new owners of our house to take a new contract, they would cancel ours. This is bad business, especially since the sales person told us we could cancel our service if we had a letter from my employer, but that is not the case. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Jeff E

June 12th, 2019 Atoka, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was with Central Security now Alert 360 for 5 years. My contract was up 2 years ago. Once my contract was up, I contacted customer service to figure out what the process was to disconnect my service and see if I could get a better deal. I never had a problem with them until that day when they told me that my contract had self renewed because I had not contacted them within 30 days of my contract ending. Needless to say I was quite upset, and spoke with a manager who agreed to move me to month to month. She further told me that all I had to do when and or if I decided to cancel was to call customer service. Today, after being month to month for 2 years, I received my new Ring alarm, and self installed, and then called to disconnect. I was transferred to their "CEO Care" department where they tried to get me to stay. When they finally realized I wasn't staying, they told me I had to send them something in writing and had to provide a 30 day notice. These people are liars. Even when you leave after being a faithful customer for 5 years, they still want to stick it to you on the way out.

anita

August 15th, 2018 Turlock, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer since 2015. I had an alarm placed in 2 homes. Mine and my daughter's. Ours has been fine, Even getting hold of us when wwe were doing repairs to our home and had to temp. disconnect the system. They called us each month. But my daughter's has had problems. I can handle to sensitive, like just walking past with a cigarette in hand. that is a good thing. But, when the system is not functioning at all, they fail big time. A couple they actually contacted her and did repairs but this time, the alarm has not worked for 6 months and no one knew it and then the worst happened. Her home caught fire and was destroyed in the middle of the night. No alarm call or No sirens. She and her family barely got out alive. When asked what happened, they said they tried getting hold of us each of us for the 6 months and were unable to make contact. 3 contacts, all cells phone kept on us at all times and no voice mail left either, if they tried at all. Something seriously went wrong big time. They seemed not even concerned that my family nearly died and cont to charge me for service for a home which no longer exists. Bad business/service in my opinion.

Jackson

June 21st, 2018 Beaumont, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The review is pretty accurate about Central security. I have had them for about ten years. The response time really quick. I do have a hard time getting information from customer service. For instance, I wanted to know when will my contract expires and no one really has been able to tell me. Also, I wanted to do a upgrade and add video camera and just wanted a estimate about what the cost would be, but that couldn't be done without them coming and doing a walk through of your home. I understand it's more accurate quote that way, but I just needed a basic quote because I'm comparing prices now. I currently pay right at $50.00 a month.

Helen Priggemeier

June 11th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Central Security for at least 20 years, maybe longer. I have sensors in all windows and doors. Attic included with floor sensors also. It is easy to arm and disarm. I do not have the video part. I have accidentally set off the smoke alarm in kitchen and they quickly responded. Everyone that I have had contact with from installation, many years ago, to present, have been very courteous, efficient and professional. My monthly fee I have on aft and less than$22. I am a very satisfied customer. I have a local office nearby that I call if needed.

Cindy Bowen

December 20th, 2017 Dania Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had Central Security for 3 years and so far we have no complaints. They call immediately if the alarm goes off. They are very courteous and friendly. Not sure how they received such a low rating.

Steven Bowen

November 21st, 2017 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think your rating is way off. We've had the system for years and have not had any problems or complaints. When the smoke alarm goes off from us cooking, they call to see if everything is OK. Never a problem!

Greg Parker

October 13th, 2017 Broken Arrow, OK

I think your review is inaccurate on their customer service. They are there 24/7 and I've called at all hours. They have been always helpful and friendly.

Kathy

August 11th, 2017

Have had Central home alarm for 2 years and just added video cameras outside. Have been very happy with the system since the start, and adding the video cameras is a plus. Very happy with the customer service also.

Jamie Benson

July 31st, 2017

There services is great and the Response is quick we would Highly recommend Central Security Group to someone that looking for an Honest Company

Michael Rothaar

July 11th, 2017

I was talked into a three year contract. During this time the system never worked right. It would go off for no reason at 2 and 3 in the morning. A call from them never happened. They sent people out to check and fix system 3 times and the 4th they wanted to charge us for the repair which never fixed the problem. Our contract was up in may 2016. We sent emails and called saying we weren't signing back up. To this day they are still hounding us to keep paying. Three years with a system that never worked right, and they don't know how to take no for an answer. It was also sold to us under the understanding it was adt, which was a lie. The worst ever.

Jason Appleby

July 3rd, 2017 Columbia, TN

Customer service is horrible. Company will lie to you about the contract you sign. Stuck with contract for YEARS even if you move where they don't provide service. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!!!!