Brinks Home Security has been a recognized name in home security for decades. Brinks Home Security is one of the world's largest home security companies in the U.S., having more than 1 million customers. Brinks takes pride in its patented ASAPer security technology, which is a mobile platform that allows you to connect with your loved ones fast and efficiently in the case of an emergency. Brink's security monitoring starts at $29 per month

Some highlights of Brinks Home Security company include a 30-day return policy, a no-contract security option, a two-year equipment warranty, and home automation technology. After a brief rebranding to Broadview Security, the Brinks name has returned after a merging of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security provider.

The Good

• 30-Day Return Policy
  • Referral Program
  • Crash & Smash Protection
  • Home Automation
  • 2-Year Equipment Warranty
  • DIY Installation Option
  • Brinks Home Security Equipment
  • Various Home Security Plans
  • Financing Options
  • Brinks Home Security Cost

30-Day Return Policy

Brinks Home Security offers a no-hassle, 30-day return policy for equipment. Many home security system providers don't offer any type of return policy. This can provide peace of mind to homeowners who want a trial run of Brinks Home Security before fully committing.

Referral Program

Brinks Home Security offers you and a friend two free months of alarm monitoring when your friend signs up and activates their Brinks Home Security system. You can get two free months of alarm monitoring for every friend you refer to Brinks.

Crash & Smash Protection

Crash & Smash Protection means your alarm system will still send an emergency signal through the cloud, even if a burglar destroys the base unit. The security system perpetually monitors your home for a break-in, and if a sensor is triggered, it immediately begins a countdown on an external memory source away from your home. You can disarm the countdown from your mobile app, but if you don't, the system interprets it as a crash and smash break-in and notifies the authorities.

Home Automation

Brinks Home Security features the following z-wave technology home automation capabilities and tools:

• LiveVoice Assist
  • Mobile app control
  • Live video streaming
  • Cloud video storage
  • Doorbell camera
  • Smart door locks
  • Flood sensors

Smartphone control and basic home automation tools are available on all Brinks Home Security alarm systems.

2-Year Equipment Warranty

Brinks Home Security offers a two-year warranty for all of its products, regardless of your chosen home security equipment pack. If anything in your security system breaks or malfunctions within the first two years of use, Brinks will replace the equipment for free. This can provide peace of mind to customers knowing they won't have to cover replacement fees if something goes wrong. This also shows Brinks Home Security is confident in its products and doesn't expect there to be malfunctions or issues with equipment.

DIY Installation Option

Brinks alarm system is simple and easy to install, allowing you to set up the system yourself if you desire. They also have professional installation for those who would prefer to contact customer service and have a Brinks Home Security expert set up the system.

Brinks Home Security Equipment

Brinks Home Security has a variety of high-tech equipment that is available as part of specific security packages as well as individually.

• Smart Home Hub — Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Z-Wave, and other home automation devices, the Smart Home Hub includes a wall mount and a table-top stand. It has a high-quality touch screen and includes a removable micro SD card slot for storage. With Z-Wave compatibility, you can have up to 80 lights, 6 locks, 6 thermostats, 6 garage doors, and 21 miscellaneous Z-Wave devices. The Smart Home Hub is also equipped with a 85dB Piezo siren and when the alarm sounds, it is sent to Brinks Home Security's monitoring center through a secure LTE cellular signal. The control panel also encrypts all sensor signals, which means it's hacker-proof.
  • Wireless Door Sensor — Fully functional up to 200 feet from the control panel, you can place wireless sensors at points of entry within your home. They are lightweight and are easily installed with double-sided adhesive tape.
  • Wireless Motion Sensor — Similar to the wireless door sensor, the wireless motion sensor has double-sided tape to ensure easy mounting. The battery life lasts up to three to five years. The detection radius is 80 degrees and signal encryption is Proprietary S-Line encryption. The motion sensor is also pet-safe, so you don't have to worry about pets less than 40 pounds setting of the sensor.
  • Brinks Home Security App — Compatible on iOS and Android devices, the Brinks app allows you to control your home security system remotely. You can manage your door locks, lights, security cameras, and thermostats with ease. This also includes seeing a live video feed of your cameras. With your two-way voice doorbell camera, you can not only see what's happening around your home, but you can also use the app to talk through the camera to your family or other visitors. Lastly, the app gives you instant notifications straight to your smartphone anytime anything noteworthy happens with your home security.
  • Add ons — Thermostats, door locks, indoor cameras, and outdoor cameras are also available individually or as part of the more advanced Brinks Home Security packages.

Various Home Security Packages

Brinks Home Security has three main security package options that allow customers to select the best home security system for them. All packages include professional 24/7 monitoring, and you can try any of them for 30 days and decide if it's right for you. Each package also comes with a two-year warranty. Your package is shipped directly to your home and you can install any of the three security packages yourself or you can pay for installation. For the Smart Security Ultimate package, professional installation is included in the cost.

Smart Security Essential

The Smart Security Essential package is best for consumers who have basic home security needs and want simple DIY installation.

• IQ 2.0 Control Panel
  • Wireless motion sensor
  • Two wireless door sensors

Smart Security Complete

The Smart Security Complete package is ideal for customers who want 24/7 live video feed straight to their smartphone. This package includes an additional motion sensor and door sensor as well as an indoor camera.

• IQ 2.0 Control Panel
  • Two wireless motion sensors
  • Three wireless door sensors
  • Yard sign and stickers
  • Indoor camera with night vision

Smart Security Ultimate

A more advanced package, the Smart Security Ultimate includes professional installation. This package comes with an outdoor camera as well as a doorbell camera.

• Brinks Home Touch
  • SkyBell Slim Line Video Doorbell Camera
  • Two wireless motion sensors
  • Three wireless door sensors
  • Brinks Home Outdoor Camera
  • Professional installation

Financing Options

Brinks Home Security cost is flexible, as the company offers GreenSky financing for its Home Complete packages. All details for financing are below:

Home Complete with GreenSky financing

• Kit will be offered at $0 down
  • $29.00 per month for monitoring service
  • $11.08 per month at 0% APR for 36 months
    • Monitoring fee + GreenSky payment = $40.08 per month
  • 50% off all add-on products (eligible for financing, *monthly GreenSky payment subject to increase)

Brinks Home Security Cost

Brinks Home Security cost starts at $29 per month for 24/7 monitoring. That is relatively low for home security packages. Note that Brinks Home Security pricing also includes a $399 upfront fee and a 36-month contract. However, upfront fees and contracts are common within the industry.

The Bad

• Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available
  • 36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available

Brinks Home Security only offers wireless/broadband monitoring. No landline or cellular monitoring is available; however, many home security customers prefer wireless monitoring, especially over landline monitoring, as it is more flexible and simpler to install with no wires.

36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

A drawback to Brinks Home Security is the 36-month contract. However, it's somewhat common within the home security industry to have a lengthy contract. Brinks Home Security pricing is also customizable as the company has financing options and various home security packages to choose from.

There is also a month-to-month option if you choose Brinks Home Security's Nest Secure Package. This can provide peace of mind to customers who do not want to sign a lengthy contract.

The Bottom Line

Brinks Home Security is an established name in the home security industry. Though the company has been under the radar for several years, the recent rebranding and merger of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch security speak positively to the company's quality. Brink's security is equipped with basic equipment options as well as advanced home automation options, giving homeowners ample amounts of security options.

With its reputable reputation, we definitely recommend considering Brinks Home Security as your security provider. With a 30-day return policy, a variety of security packages, and a no-contract option, Brinks Home Security cost is affordable, and the security solution is definitely worth looking into. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security company. See what customers have to say about customer service, equipment quality, pricing, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at Brinks Home Security below.

2.6

marty

June 4th, 2020 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst scam artists in the country and they are in the security business. I have moved three months ago and called them to stop the service and they still billed me for the last three months and have no intentions to stop. My bank called them and they basically told the bank to shove it. These guys are crooks and should be in jail. If I ever go to Texas look out

Jun 04, 2020

Marty, we are sorry to hear that are wanting to cancel your services with us. We always strive for the best in customer satisfaction and we apologize if this was not the case. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Maureen

June 2nd, 2020 Worcester, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks has trapped me in a continuous contract with no way out despite my never agreeing to it a d repeated requests that they stop independently renewing this contract without my input. I have not been able to get any satisfaction and they cruelly ad on cost such as charging me 1.99 because I requested a paper bill and 97 cent cost recovery fee because I refuse to accept this cruel company's policies and pay the minimum. I've never had this trouble with any other company and do not understand than rather than free me from this endless contract (does $23.14 really mean that much to them?) they continue their punitive practice tices and endless overcharges. By the way this alarm was installed in the 1990's and never updated. Monotronics wasn't any better. Does this happen with all alarm companies? I live on $1093 a month and $23.14 us alot for me.oh and with my current bill its $48. 54. There is a $5 late fee ( I was not late,and other fees)This is capitalism at it's worst. I dont have a n online bill so cant upload it. I feel trapped and hopeless.

Jun 02, 2020

Maureen, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. In regards to the contractual agreement we would never extend the contract without our customers explicit authorization. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that.I was able to locate your account based on the information provided. I will be more than happy to reach out to you and resolve this matter. – Daniela S.

Craig Foster

June 1st, 2020 Haines City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks bought the local Monitronics dealer. I immediately called another local Security Company and switched service. I live between Orlando and Tampa and have had lousy service from the big companies (ADT etc.) because their service centers are far away. We sent the cancellation notice Return Receipt. Brinks kept sending invoices. They said they had different terms than Monitronics. However, we never signed an agreement with them. We signed with Monitronics and met the agreed on procedure. After sending Brinks the "Go Pound Sand" letter, we did not hear from them for almost 2 years. Then we get the surprise letter from a collection agency. Fortunately, we kept out records AND our company has changed hands. Screw Brinks. They are Nazi's. And that's really an insult to the Nazi's.

Jun 02, 2020

Craig, at Brinks Home Security we strive to provide the best in home security, and we are dedicated to being fair and honest. We are not a different company; we still are the same company as we only rebranded our name. We of course apologize if there was any confusion. In regards to our cancellation policy, we would never mean to make any request a difficult one. We are happy to investigate this matter further and provide a resolution to you. unfortunately, I have not been able to locate your account. If you could please send me a direct email with your account information and I will reach out to you as soon as possible. - Daniela S.

Edward Bogdanski

May 28th, 2020 Victor, MT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We sold our home and moved across the country in February of 2020. I called Brinks about a month ahead of the move and was told just to call when we moved to cancel, no problem. I was lied to. I called when I moved and was told I had to cancel by email with a form they would send me. And that would be the start of a 30 day cancellation period.! At this point I'm not sure they ever sent the form. A while later I called them again in exasperation still trying to cancel and was told again about a form. This time I got the form, filled it out and still dont know if my account was cancelled. Adding insult to injury I just received a bill for $175 listing cell backup intrusion monitor, 24 hour monitoring, cost recovery fee, tax, late fee, sandpaper statement fee. Brinks service to their customers ranks right alongside cable TV. In my last dealings with cable I turned to my state's attorney general office and received assistance. Guess Ill have to do the same with Brinks.

May 28, 2020

Edward, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Richard B Kates MD

May 18th, 2020 Spokane, WA

Excellent conversion for my existing system. Wireless window/door protection easily moved to new system. No difficulty with tech support. Highly recommend

May 19, 2020

Richard, thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing feedback. At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction are our priority. We are glad to hear you like the quality of the system. All of our systems are very user friendly and have amazing features. If there is anything, we can do to keep your time with us anything other than amazing please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you for being sure sure. – Juana H.

George

May 8th, 2020 Roseville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with them for over 12 years. every year they raise there price and they charge you without any notice. as of today I am paying 39 dollars a month for a 12 years old alarm system that is falling apart. I called and asked them to replace the panel they told me no. I asked them to reduce the price they also said no way. finally my insurance AAA sent me an alarm company for only 19.99 a month. I called brinks and I asked them to match I was on hold for 45 minutes waiting for a manager to approve it and all of a sudden the line gets disconnected by them. guess what no one called me back. I called next day customer service extremely rude when they know you want cancel. and they want me to send them a written request to cancel the alarm by mail. I was like wow and it takes them a whole month to cancel the alarm and they well charge you for the month. I would never do business with brinks again. very bad service

May 13, 2020

George, we are sorry to hear of your experience. At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction are our main priority. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter as we are always here to help. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Dawn Goll

May 7th, 2020 Ringgold, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible customer service, long waits, unfriendly customer service staff, alarm equipment substandard, battery if you lose power plan on buying another central station. The window sensors often don't work and the break sensor does not work unless it is super loud. I was charge for new one, due to I did not mail the broken sensors back to the company on my dime. I was never told that I had to mail back the non-working equipment. So if it breaks prior it off and pay to mail it back to Brinks. The monitoring staff are great. You can turn off your unit but if you took to long, plan to pay the fee outlined in your contract for false alarm. Canceling does not mean canceling the Brinks monitory staff will still call 911 for you. It cost me several times $150.00 on the 4th or 5th false call, the Fire Chief told me to call 911 when my alarm went off and cancel with the 911 operator. I do not recommend this company. There is no way to email the company and you are forced to stay on the phone for long periods of time. This company is not worth your money or time.

May 11, 2020

Dawn, At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction is our main concern and will do anything in our hands to make sure of it. I am truly sorry to hear you have been having problems with your security system. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to ensure we provide you with a resolution. However, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I will be sure sure to reach out.- Juana H.

Robert Pish

May 5th, 2020 Knoxville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

as a long term in good standing customer, purchasing my equipment on the front end, i had signed a 3 year monitoring contract. With only 14 months left on my monitoring contract, we were hit with an EF4 tornado destroying our home, vehicles and belongings. I had reported to brinks that we no longer have anything to monitor due to this natural disaster, expecting them to show consideration for a 15yr + customer in good standing, instead they insisted that i pay the balance of the monitoring contract in order to cancel. So I have learned a valuable lesson, I paid the balance, and will no longer consider them as someone who has their customers interest first, they are all about the money.. I would definitely reconsider any business you may have with them, or opt to use them in the future.

May 06, 2020

Robert, we are sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard situation. At Brinks Home Security we never intent to make any request a difficult one. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. We would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to ensure we provide you with an amicable resolution. I have located your account and will be sure to reach out to you. – Daniela S.

Serena Ellis

April 28th, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was transitioned over from Moni and I have had the worst experience with customer service in trying to resolve the issues with accessing my account. After several calls and staying on the phone forever, I finally got that squared away. However, I am still having issues with correcting billing errors. My rate increased by $11 without any notification. No one can explain why. I had that same rate with Moni starting in 2015 and it carried over with Brinks up until Aug/Sep 2019. I have to repeatedly keep calling to get my account credited, but then it reverts back to getting billed $11 over. Now I have to make another 🤬 phone call.

Apr 30, 2020

Serena, Hearing of your experience is alarming to say the least. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your satisfaction is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. I have located your account with us and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete, I will reach out to you. - Juana H.

Eileen Casey

April 15th, 2020 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

RUN as fast as you can from this company!!! DO NOT sign a contract with this heartless company!! I signed a 5 year contract with Monotronics (which Brinks took over) and when I had to move, they would not let me out of the contract without paying fortune! I have had to pay their $55 monthly fee for the past 6 months after moving and still have 2 more months to go before it ends. They are EXPENSIVE and have NO COMPASSION! Horrible business practices!

Apr 15, 2020

Eileen, we are sorry to hear you are requesting to cancel due to a move. At Brinks Home Security our goal is to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you in this transition. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all our customers. If there was any misunderstanding from our end, we would like the opportunity to resolve that. We would gladly appreciate it if you send us an email at [email protected] with your account information and I will reach out to you as soon as possible. – Daniela S.

Doris Smith

April 15th, 2020 Pittsboro, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are a cold hearted company no consideration for their customers . I have been a loyal customer for years they used to be Montronics and went bankrupt then changed company name to BRINKS.. but wasn’t notified until a year or longer. They only do maintenance if you pay 50 dollars for service . You have to pay for any equipment that is outdated to be replaced. Think twice before signing a contract with them

Apr 15, 2020

Doris, At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction is our main concern and will do anything in our hands to make sure of it. I would like to reassure you that we are always here to help. We do offer a service plan for our accounts, in which it adds a Lifetime warranty on the equipment for any normal wear and tear. With that being said, we want to give you a peace of mind and make sure your system is working properly. I was able to locate your account with the information provided and I’d be more than happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Lex

April 8th, 2020 Cordova, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Please, shop somewhere else. 0 customer loyalty and unqualified technicians. Never ever again! I dont care what they change their name to, still a garbage security company.

Apr 08, 2020

Lex, we are sorry to hear you feel this way regarding our service. We certainly would love the opportunity to make this right because here at Brinks Home we care for all of our customers. However, I have not been able to locate your account with us. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected] with your account information. We will be happy to assist you. – Juana H.

Jason Floyd

April 2nd, 2020 Winter Haven, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed a contract for 5 years with at the time who was Monitronics, but was later bought by Brinks. They took on what was left with the contract, which was September 2014 to September 2019. I extended the contract because of 2 smoke detectors they installed for an extra 10 months on the contract. They did a warranty replacement on 2 of my cameras in 2018, for which they said that was another 36 months extension on the contract I did not agree to. They now say I have a contract until June of 2024, which is a lie. They told me though luck. My system is far out of date and they are being paid for a premium service. My control panel is a 2012 and they won't even update that. I told them I want to cancel and they told me 2250.00 and some change. This is not right. They are deceitful and frauds that will do anything to keep their customers from leaving. My home is not the safest it can be, and especially in this time of a pandemic and craziness running around. Thanks Brinks for not keeping me safe.

Apr 02, 2020

Jason, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. In regards to the contractual agreement we would never extend the contract without our customers explicit authorization. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. I have located your account and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete, I will reach out to you. - Juana H.

Toya Brown

March 19th, 2020 Durham, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Out of all the security systems I have had BRINKS IS THE WORST!!! Their customer service is a constant pain. I get nothing but excuses when I call. I have given them many chances to fix the problem but they refuse to deliver.

Mar 20, 2020

Toya, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback as it allows us to grow as a company. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Sandra Curtiss

March 19th, 2020 Fort Collins, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had been assaulted so needed a company that could come and install cameras where I needed them. They had me pay for 3 cameras but could only install where there were plug in, not where I needed cameras. My cameras haven't worked in over a year and now my monitor doesn't work and they want me to pay for a service call because they say it is MY problem. They refuse to stop taking money out of my account and want $800.00 to end my contract.

Mar 20, 2020

Sandra, Oh no! We are sorry to hear of your experience. At Brinks Home your security is our main priority. I would like to reassure you that we are always here to help. We do offer a service plan for our accounts, in which it adds a Lifetime warranty on the equipment for any normal wear and tear. With that being said, we want to give you a peace of mind and make sure your system is working properly. I was able to locate your account with the information provided and I’d be more than happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

charmaine C

March 13th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Plain and simple: My home in Albuquerque got broken into 2 days ago and Brinks was not there for me. One: they had the wrong phone number so I never got a phone call; 2) I have proof they lied; 3) they were cold and distant; 4) When i called the police and we turned the alarm off after four policeman scoured the place, the cops were horrified that no-one got on the speaker to see what happened. The worst part of this is they bought out a local alarm company and I am beginning to think they fudged the contract which originated with the local folks - I asked for 24 months but somehow has magically been turned to 42 months which is a year away now. I have a little dyslexia so when i read the contract, the original owners could have made a mistake (he said i would get a 2 year contract) and it was an error but because i trusted him, did not read carefully. (that is the best scenario - an error) But here is the deal! I did not think i would live 4 years because of an illness and also I have never and will never sign a four year contract with any entity! Aside from that, some Brinks representative (I wanted out, I no longer trust them) said, over the phone, i did not have a contract with them but it was verbal agreement recorded. I said, "how is that possible - you never had my real phone number!" The woman on the speaker said she tried to call the police but they did not answer after 5 minutes and so she gave up! Honestly? What hurts most is that even though they messed up (I am a senior woman), they are making me stick to the one year left, knowing that it is unethical and immoral. What has happened to these companies? Honestly, when we die, we can't take our greed with us. Get over it! I now am reading plenty of reviews about them and they are awful. I had no idea they bought the local company, for starters!!!! Everyone has duped me, big time. A nice woman from Brinks reached out to me and heard the messages so there is proof even on their end that people lied. I liked her but they have to understand there is a broken trust and it cannot be repaired. I could have been killed, for christ sake! But here is the good news. One of my neighbors has a brother who is a journalist and interested in my story. I did major PR for a University so I know how to make a public relations scene. (I now feel it is my civic duty to do something. To wrong the right. ) I was recently offered to do an editorial on the following: It is not only crime you have to worry about but Brinks and home security systems. I am waiting a week to see if this company wants to do the right thing before I get REALLY MAD and launch my very famous public relations attacks. I am so upset that Brinks bottom line is not humans (us, readers, us) but money... but again, having spent a lifetime in human rights, research, writing and public relations, I am not surprised. To not allow a senior who feels so unsafe at this point to move on and get another security company is likened to being in the same house with a husband who beat you or cheated on you and you can't get out. He just won't let you. Shame on Brinks. I am so heartbroken, I can't stand it. This is not security. But then again, I am a woman of many resources and one of them is my loud mouth if they don't start listening to their inner moral barometer. MY GOD! a home invasion and they expect me to trust them? I am beside myself with shock, disappointment and anger. Sad, what the world has come to?

Mar 13, 2020

Charmaine, At Brinks Home Security your protection means the world to us. Hearing you had a break in is definitely alarming. We strive for excellence in all we do specifically in the monitoring of all of our customers home. We have launched an investigation regarding this matter to ensure we get this resolved. In the review of the account we do see that you have spoken with one of our colleagues and per your request you have a call back scheduled for March 20th. If there is anything we can do before than please feel free to reach out to us and we would be more than happy to assist. – Juana H.

Frederick Hahn

March 13th, 2020 San Marcos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT SIGN CONTRACT. Under the contract they can change you rate anytime they want Even thought it says 3yr contract Final rate. Service is Honorable it took them 7 months to get the system to work properly then they wanted to charge me for their errors. They contract thru skyline security and the contract has all kind of hidden clauses that say basically they can raise your rates to what ever they want during the contract

Mar 16, 2020

Frederick,Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I would love the opportunity turn this review into a positive one.However, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me a message with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. - Juana H.

dolfin287

March 12th, 2020 Staten Island, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our monitoring company was taken over by Brinks. The original company was good, but did not service or install equipment. We had an outdated system that needed to be removed and prepared for replacement windows. Unfortunately, we chose to go back to ADT, because they would replace the system - along with monitoring. I notified Brinks of the change and despite this, they continued to take payment every month. Don't bother calling them, as they put you on-hold multiple times for long periods and ask you to call back. You owe me at least $21.72, per month from May 2019 through January 2020. I would not consider this company in the future, nor would I recommend them. The original company's customer service was stellar by comparision.

Mar 13, 2020

Hello, We are sorry to hear you would like to cancel the services with us. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I'd like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to be able to provide you with a resolution, but I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. - Juana H.

John Tricola

March 10th, 2020 Woodland, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After paying for 5 years at what started as a reasonable rate, the contract ended at substantially more. It is now March, and I've been trying to cancel service since December. I have done everything asked. Brinks has very deceptive business practices designed to extract every penny possible from your bank account. Be extremely wary when considering signing on to this company. While the service was good, corporately they are on the unethical side.

Mar 11, 2020

John, We are sorry to hear you would like to cancel your services with us. Here at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this. I have located your account and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete I will reach out to you.- Juana H.

Julie Schmidt

March 10th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We were absorbed by Brinks from another company. No problem with other company. Can’t wait for contract to end to get away from Brinks. Spent over 8 hours on phone and computer last weekend trying to fix indoor camera. Everyone was from Mexico or Jamaica. They took other cameras that were working and kicked them off the system. Now they don’t work like they should. Finally got appointment for tech to come out. Nope, never really had appointment. Called after sitting around and taking off work to only be told never had appointment. Now appointment is 3 weeks away and system is not working.still having to pay for service. The customer service is the worst. Seems like they don’t care. Could not get appointment in a time that was convenient for us. Told they could look for a 3rd party to come out. Have a five year contract and can’t wait for it to end. Price has also increased. Not worth the service you get!

Mar 11, 2020

Julie,Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it allows us to improve as a company. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you to ensure your system is working properly. – Juana H.

A.S.

March 1st, 2020 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have never felt less safe in my home than when I had a Brinks security system. It has gone off for false alarms 4 times now in the past 2 months. It cost me $50 to have the police respond to one of the alarms. Another time it went off at 11:30pm after my baby had just gone back to bed and woke my partner and I up scared someone was breaking in. I paid $50 for someone to come out and assess the problem and it is still having false alarms causing me incredible amounts of anxiety having to return home and search my house with a kitchen knife to protect myself and my baby because I can't trust the alarm.

Paul

February 24th, 2020 Glendale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I already moved to my new house and Called Brinks to cancel my alarm service on the old house. called talked to Crystal on 2/11/20 at 4:20pm she said that She will send out an the form for cancelled. Nothing happened, so I Called back talked Taylor on 2/12/20 at 12:33am and Taylor said the samething. No form sent, so I Called again 2/24/20 talked to Annashia at 9:22am and still no form as I type up this review. Each day gets delay, means that I have to pay $1.20 a day more.

Feb 26, 2020

Paul, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback as it allows us to grow as a company. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I'd like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with us and I will be more than happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter. - Juana H.

CLIFF BOHANNNON

February 21st, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CANCELL MY BRINKS ACCOUNT , FOR 7 MONTHS. EVRY TIME I CALL NOBODY CAN HELP ME. THEY JUST WANT THERE MONEY. I HAVE BEEN BEING BILLED MOTHLY FOR A SECURITY SYSTEM , I NO LONGER OWN. I DONT EVEN LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE. I HAVE TRIED TO FIND A BRICK AND MORTER LOCATION IN DENVER WERE I AM LIVING SO I CAN HANDLE THE SITUATION IN PERSON... GUESS WHAT THEY DONT HAVE ONE... THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE , AND A FRAUD , I FILE A REPORT EVERY MONTH TO THE BBB. IF THEY CONTINUE TO BILL ME I WILL FORCED TO SUE THEM. I RECOMEND YOU NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE MORONS , BECAUSE ONCE YOU GET SUCKED IN YOU DONT EVER GET OUT. AND THEY DONT CARE.

Feb 21, 2020

Cliff, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it allows us to improve as a company. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as we care about your satisfaction. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers and never mean to make any request a difficult one. I have located your account with us and I will be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Travis Johnson

February 19th, 2020 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We relocated in June 2018. I called and tried to cancel service then. Never received the promised cancelation email. Tried to cancel a second time in June 2019 (after paying for a system that was never armed for an entire year). They explained that they could not refund anything, which I begrudgingly tolerated because, as they told me, I should have followed up. They again told I should expect a cancelation email. It never came - again. I then reported it as an unauthorized charge, and stopped payment through my credit card company. Brinks then continued to bill me for another 9 months before reporting the account as delinquent and tanking my credit score 160 points. Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with them and basically got told that they could do nothing for me, except, you guessed it, send another email that I was warned might take 24 hours to arrive. Brinks has continued to bill me for a system that hasn't been armed in over 1.5 years at a property I don't own or live in. They have been unable to assist me in canceling the service, and they have unashamedly continued to bill me for a service they no longer provide.

Feb 21, 2020

Travis, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback as it allows us to grow as a company. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. If you could please send me an email at with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

keith vaughn

February 12th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

we had security through another company which was absorbed by brinks. no complaints on the old co., and so far no serious complaints for Brinks. they did reduce my payments by 25% when I called and asked, telling them I was going to switch to another co. that was going to cost 25% less. (thanks again brinks). The switch was about a year ago and so far so good. My only complaint was that they sent me an updated panel (at no charge) and it took between 1 and 1&1/2 hours on the phone with a techy to walk me through the switchover process. nothing you can do about that so after a year under brinks I have to say I'm satisfied with the system and other than the switchover have had no need to contact customer service which is about as good as it gets. no time on phone with CS or techs equals a satisfied customer. let's just hope it stays that way.

Feb 13, 2020

Keith , we are filled with joy to hear that we are doing a fantastic job. Here at Brinks we aim to match the perfect price with every customer’s needs. We are more than happy to provide you the protection you deserve inside your home. If there is anything we can do to keep your time with us anything other than amazing please feel free to reach out to us. -Juana H.

David T

February 11th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had Brinks security, but they had hidden fees and weren't very responsive to me questions. I stopped using them as soon as possible.

Feb 13, 2020

David, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Brinks Homer we strive to provide customer satisfaction and will do anything in our hands to make sure of it. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. If there was any form of misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Caryn Heffner

February 7th, 2020 Reading, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BUYER BEWARE. This company uses contracted technicians and admit they do not have an adequate amount. My system continually went offline. I asked for a repair on 2/6/2020. They had me disconnect it myself so the alerts would stop. The first available repair appointment was 3/23/2020. They expected me to go without for over a month yet still pay the monthly contract fee. They also expected me to pay them for the repair when it was their equipment failure. My panel has not worked for years. The last contracted technician was rude and told me there was nothing wrong with it. Despite this no one in our family could press the panel code and get the correct response. They have the worst customer service I've ever encountered. I've canceled my service and switched companies.

Feb 10, 2020

Caryn, Hearing of your experience is alarming to say the least. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security and satisfaction is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you as soon as possible to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Very unhappy customer

February 4th, 2020 Sacramento, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT's customer service representatives lack listening skills and are very argumentative. I have been with ADT for 32 years. My monthly fee is automatically deducted from my checking account. Randomly, the automative service was discontinued and ,because of that, the company sends me a late fee. Customer service refuses to waive the late fee for something they are responsible for. When I ask to speak with a customer service manager I am told I will have to wait 48 hours.

Feb 05, 2020

Hello, We are so sorry to hear of the poor experience you had when contacting ADT. We are however Brinks Home Security and have no affiliation with ADT. If you would like become Brinks Home Security customer, we are more than happy to do so. We did win the award for J.D power for best in customer satisfaction. - Juana H Best Regards,

vicki capka

January 29th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If this could be no stars that's what they would get. They are the VERY WORST. No service , no monitoring no nothing from this outfit. I moved to Texas from Colorado and did not want to use them anymore for lack of service. They are making me pay for 50 more months saying it was a verbal agreement over the phone. I tried talking to them pleading with them to stop harassing me about this and they reported me to credit bureau and my credit score dropped from 805 down to 602. I'm 73 and live on SS . Just because I did not want them anymore and went with ADT they are ruining me financially. They are CROOKS!!

Jan 30, 2020

Vicki, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you as soon as possible to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

David

January 29th, 2020 Falls Church, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As far as I can tell, "Brinks Home Security" is a poorly stitched together group of smaller companies -- without any coordination between the business units -- with the Brinks name slapped on it as a marketing tactic to evoke a sense of trust and security. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Brinks sales in early January so I could get confirmation on how their "Pro Install" options would work. The most important thing I wanted clarification on was if the wires for exterior security cameras and the keypad would be hidden in the walls. I was only interested in purchasing a "Pro Install" if they could assure me of that. They assured me, in writing, that all the wires would be hidden and provide photo examples of how the work would be done. Based on this information, we purchased a $1,400 package with the "Pro Install" option and scheduled an installation for a few weeks later. "Kyle" was the 3rd party installer for Brinks and right off the bat, as soon as he got to the house, he said he couldn't hide the wires in the walls. When we showed him the emails from Brinks confirming that this could be done, he said Brinks shouldn't have made those promises. Then he tried to sell us a different, non-Brinks exterior security camera system without wires. We let him know we just wanted the install done as promised, and he said it couldn't be done and walked off the job. (1st broken promise from Brinks) Suffice it to say, we were really upset, especially since we had planned a special trip to our house in New England for this installation. When we called Brinks customer service about the issue, they were very apologetic and promised to have someone from a higher tier of customer service investigate the situation and contact us again with a better explanation of why the installer left, as well as offer a proposal to "make it right". A few days later, we started getting phone calls from the "Pro Install Scheduling" group to try and schedule another installation. I told them I was expecting a call from a higher tier of customer service before we rescheduled -- they had no idea what I was talking about. Calls from the "Pro Install Scheduling" group continued day after day and we never got a follow-up call from anyone from a higher tier of customer service with the answers they promised, even though we called them a few times proactively. (2nd broken promise from Brinks) Yesterday, we called customer service and spoke with "Kathleen". We asked for two things as a final attempt to get this sorted out: 1) We asked her to speak with the installer before they come, so the installer can confirm that they are going to make every attempt to hide the wires in the walls. 2) We also asked her to give us the installer's contact info so we could speak with them before the installation as well. Kathleen and her supervisor assured us that they would personally handle this, and would contact me with the information today. Well today came and the "Pro Install Scheduling" group called again and said they had an installer lined up for this Saturday. We told them we were waiting for someone to speak with the installer and then call us with the installers contact info. The rep said that wasn't something that Brinks does. I called customer service and spoke with Kathleen again, told her what was happening, and asked to speak to her manager again. Kathleen told me she couldn't transfer me to any more managers in her group and that I needed to work with the Pro Install group to sort this situation out. I pointed out that she and her manager had made a commitment yesterday to sort this out, and now they were kicking me to another Departmnet. She apologized but stayed the course (3rd broken promise from Brinks). I had a mini tantrum on the phone since I probably had sunk 6 hours into Brinks by this point, and just as you'd expect, they treated me like I was the problem. I cancelled a few minutes later. Good riddance!

Jan 30, 2020

DJ, Oh no! Hearing of your experience is alarming to say the least. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security and satisfaction is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. If you could please send me an email at with your contact information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

La gata Valenzuela

January 28th, 2020 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service also charge me when I even had a contract with them anymore... spoke to Jessica in regards to the over charge she stated her supervisor couldn't take the call and that I needed to call back Monday, I asked if the account could be noted and that matter I could get a call back she said that even if that was done I was not going to get a call back... and that we need to call, just horrible.

Jan 28, 2020

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. If you could please send me a direct email to with your account information, I will be happy to investigate this and reach out to you. – Juana H.

SAMMY

January 22nd, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks Home Security is by far the worst security service I've ever had the displeasure of having. The sales staff that I had pitch the product was the biggest joke I've ever seen, they made it sound like the Security system I was getting was top of the line, and the Doorbell camera was state of the Art, but in reality, it was always setting off false alarms, and the doorbell camera NEVER WORKED. I recently purchased a house out of state, and Brinks wanted me to pay $1,000 to transfer my service, and $350 an hour to check the Brinks Security System in my new home, with a minimum of 4 hours. If I would've known I would be this upset about my security system, I would've invested in Blood Thirsty Pitbulls. I would never recommend Brinks Home Security to anyone. Its not worth the Headaches and Nonsence your going to receive.

Jan 22, 2020

Sammy, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it allows us to improve as a company. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as we care about your satisfaction. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I would love the opportunity turn this review into a positive one. However, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at with your account information ,I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Tired of Brinks

January 21st, 2020 Marana, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Brinks for quite a few years. Recently I moved and bought a new house and transferred the contract. It took months and repeated phone calls to transfer and then cancel the service. I would call and get an answer. Then I would have to call back because the service was not turned off. Then I would get a different answer. I started recording the phone calls and played them back because sometimes they did not have an a record of the call. Most times the information I got was so much against their policy that they would not believe me until I played the recording. Very unreliable. I also got three different answers from three different people on the same 1 1/2 hour long phone call today. Avoid at all costs. Horrible customer service, unreliable service, variable ability to answer questions to to carry out requests for service. The entire point of a security system is to feel secure. I have no confidence in Brinks.

Jan 22, 2020

Hello, We are truly sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. At Brinks Home we strive to provide superb customer service, and when one of our customers feel that we have failed their expectations it is tremendously important for us to know to be able to rectify it. I would like to take a further look into this matter, but I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at with your mothers account I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Juana H.

Amanda Nelson

January 21st, 2020 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First off, I signed up under another company who I didn't have any negative issues with. Sadly, Brinks absorbed them somehow and I have had the absolute worst customer service ever. I was under a 5 year agreement with the previous company that rolled into Brinks. The price goes up ever 12 months, which I guess I didn't catch when I signed the 5 year contract? Or is this just Brinks? A 5 year contract in any other industry usually guarantees a monthly service fee that doesn't change. To cancel, I would have to pay the entire service fee up front. Their technical support hours are Monday-Friday CST from 8 AM to 8 PM, so god forbid you have an issue any other time during the week. I had a false alarm a few weeks ago and the police stopped by my house. This is the third time one of the stupid sensors kept going off, even though I never open that door and the sensor is not used. I tried calling their technical support line while away at work, verified my address and phone number and the call was disconnected but the technical rep didn't even care enough to call me back. Absolute worst service I've ever had in my life and for $70 a month (started at $60) it's absurd that this is the service we should expect. I hope this company loses all customers and goes completely bankrupt. Do not use. I cannot even trust the system enough to bother setting it since the sensors do not read properly and the company doesn't bother trying to fix anything.

Jan 22, 2020

Amanda, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. At Brinks Home our customers security and satisfaction is our main concern and when one of our customers feel that we have failed their expectations it is tremendously important for us to know to be able to rectify it. I would like to reassure you that we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with the information provided and I will be sure sure to reach out to you by Tuesday to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Zac Cannon

January 16th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

My family for years used Brinks security alarms. The systems worked great, but did get extremely buggy as it aged a few years. Their systems are reliable and I never had major issues while visiting my parents.

Jan 16, 2020

Zac, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review. We love to hear when we can provide a family with years of protection. We certainly look forward to many more years to come, thank you for choosing Brinks Home. -Juana H

Rusty Cummings

January 15th, 2020 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst customer service I've ever experienced. My system has been down for months. Constant errors. Alarm beeps 3 times a day whether the alarm is set or not and you have to get up and enter a code to get the alarm to stop beeping. Including 8:05 am every morning. I've logged in more than 12 hours on the phone with their "technical" department. All for nothing. After many phone calls I finally got them to send out a technician. It was a three week wait. Tech said it was an improper install and our board was fried. Nothing he could do. Since I was on a contract I called Brinks and asked for a quote for a new system. Said they would call and email me a quote. It's been two months and I'm still waiting for that quote. Avoid this company and save yourself a lot of aggravation. They'll call and act like they care but they don't. Because you're under contract Brinks is going to get their money whether your system works or not.

Jan 16, 2020

Rusty, At Brinks Home we strive to provide superb customer service, and when one of our customers feel that we have failed their expectations it is tremendously important for us to know to be able to rectify it. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with the information provided and will be sure sure to reach out to you by Monday to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Jennifer Givens

January 10th, 2020 Charleston, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The WORST security system I have ever had! Everything went out and I was left with nothing and the soonest they could come out was 5 days - and they didn't care!! They are very deceptive about their equipment - glass breakage unit on ceiling was bogus! Just don't use them!!!

Jan 10, 2020

Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. We take this type of matters very serious as your security is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with the information provided and I will be sure sure to reach out to you as soon as possible to provide you with a resolution. – Juana H.

linda wright

January 8th, 2020 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My security device broke down. I paid to have a new one installed last spring. Nothing. I called many times. Finally we got through to them and they indicated they made many emails and phone calls to us. There were no emails or calls. Then they said they would call for us for new installation. I gave them the names of myself and daughter. Still nothing. And yet they continue to bill us for service we do not have.

Jan 09, 2020

Linda, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it allow us to improve as a company. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with the information provided and I will be sure sure to reach out to you by Monday to provide you with a resolution. – Juana H.

Donna Goforth

January 2nd, 2020 Ripley, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I have a false alarm, they won't call me, the police will notbtake my word that it is false, and when it's real the police don't know-they're so confused. I was gone New Year's Eve, someone busted my master bedroom storm outside window, & it had a censor on the inside window. The breakage noise or vibration didn't even set the alarm off..The police tried to say my son did it. THEY'RE CRAZY!! Why would we want to destroy our own property??? I've been paying Brinks Home Security $37.99 a month, but it don't look like for much!!

Jan 02, 2020

Donna, At Brinks Home Security your protection means the world to us. Hearing of your recent experience is alarming to say the least. We strive for excellent in all we do specially in the monitoring of all of our customers home. I’d like the opportunity to investigate this matter further to provide you with an amicable resolution. With this being said, I have located your account with us, and I will be sure sure to reach out to by Tuesday with a resolution. – Juana H.

Richard Paoletti

December 31st, 2019 New Castle, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Brinks Security since they the took over Live Watch. It started of with great service until one day I called and said I was building a new house. I informed Brinks about the new house and told them I was taking my existing system with me. I was told no problem. I told the agent that I would need 5 or 6 new window magnetic contacts. I was told the cost would be $14.50 when I went to order the 6 new contacts I was told they were $29.00 each. I asked why the increase of 100% I was told they had no knowledge of my conversation with the agent, and the price is what it is. I am now looking into a new company and new system for my new home. it is not about money it is about principle. At one time I had 2 security systems with Brinks and referred clients to them. I would not do that again, not because of the money but the attitude of the last agent I spoke to. If I could give you a tiny bit of advice CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Jan 02, 2020

Richard, We are truly sorry to hear of your recent negative experience with us. At Brinks Home we strive to provide superb customer service, and when one of our customers feel that we have failed their expectations it is tremendously important for us to know. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. I have located your account with us, and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete, I will be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Margaret Cholipski

December 31st, 2019 Manteno, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

don't trust them. will not cancel your account if your moving and you have to pay for a contract. i never knew i had a contract and one for 48 months. read above: it say's 36 months on a contract. how did i get 48 month's?

Jan 02, 2020

Margaret, We are sorry to hear you would like to cancel your services with us. At Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one . In regards to the contractual agreement we would never change the terms without our customers explicit authorization. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. I have located your account with us, and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete, I will reach out to you. – Juana H.

Jason graham

December 26th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They set you up and then crickets if you ever need them. I have several bad sensors and they just tell me to override them, however, then that point of entry is no longer secure. Ridiculous. I also have had several alarms, I was not reachable, and they did nothing but leave me a message that there was an alarm set off. Well that does a lot of good.

Dec 26, 2019

Jason, Oh no! Hearing of your recent experience is alarming to say the least. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If you could please send me an email at with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

akash patel

December 17th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is worse company ever totally ripoff, i been having problems with there devise from 2018 and they cant help you over the phone, but they will charge you $150 just for to com out and see whats wrong with it.

Dec 18, 2019

Akash, We are taken back by reading your review. We work hard to ensure each and every customer is satisfied with our services. With this being said we would like the opportunity to review this matter and resolved it with you. If you could please send us a direct message with your account information to and we will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

Clarissa Wade

December 17th, 2019 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely horrible customer service in tech support. after talking to 5 people over 2 hours for an issue I have reported several times before still no resolution. I consider this a breach of contract and I want OUT

Dec 18, 2019

Clarissa, We take our customer service experience very seriously. We are so sorry to hear of the interaction you had with our representatives. We want to ensure we resolve your concerns amicably and provide you with the best. We have located your account with us and we will be sure sure to reach out to you. - Juana H

Berry Phillips

December 11th, 2019 Coleman, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What i dont understand is my contract was up and they had increased my bill somewhat and i called one day a few months ago to see if i could lower it some and they offered my a small discounted price around $10 off per month, but then made me go under contract for 12 months for a small discount.

Dec 12, 2019

Berry, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We strive to ensure the satisfaction of all of our customers. If there is anything we can do please let us know and we will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

Ricky Herrera

December 5th, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Trying to cancel service because I am moving. $344 is cancellation fee, 7 months left. Ok. No problem. They want me to wait 7-8 days to receive some letter in order for me to pay my remaining balance, and then docusign a document saying it's been cancelled. Ridiculous!! Take my money, send me a cancellation email! Done. Make it simple. It's 2019. What is so hard about that?? That is not convenient for your customers! We live in a customer service oriented business environment, and you surely have not got that memo. Will never use your services again, and will tell people to be weary of using you.

Dec 06, 2019

Ricky, Oh no! We never like to hear when a customer wants to cancel there services at all, as this jeopardizes your protection. Our goal is to protect every person we can and provide with the ultimate experience along with it. I want to investigate this matter further and provide you with an amicable resolution. I have attempted to locate your account but have not been able to do so. If you could please send us a private message on here with your account info and we will be happy to assist you accordingly. -Jacob B

Dalia

November 27th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

THIS COMPANY IS THE WORST!! We used to have Monitronics and then these crooks at Brinks Home security bought them over. First of all the sensors never worked, then when they placed the monitor it caused all our kitchen outlets to stop working and our monitor stopped working as well. We finally got a hold of someone to come and fix the monitor and hey just put it in another wall. It turns out that these people extended our contract with out telling us for TWO more years just because they "fixed our monitor". If they had good quality sensors and monitors they would have not had to fix them and it was not our fault that they were defective. We are no longer living in that house and when we called last year to figure out a way to pay off this contract we were told we had to pay over $2,000 or pay it off monthly and the lady offered a $10.00 discount per month. We did not have $2,000 available so we accepted the monthly payments with the discount. Our contract was supposed to end mid 2020. This month our monthly bill went up $10.00 when we called this morning to find out why we were told that the discount was only valid for one year and guess what we RE-EXTENDED your contract until DECEMBER 2021!! The person at the customer service said that when we agreed to the $10.00 discount last year that meant that the contract would get re-extended. This is unbelievable! They re-extend and re-extend with out asking first. We never agreed to re-extend why would we if we are no longer in that house. Our family is in an extremely financial situation here and these crooks are taking advantage of us.

Dec 02, 2019

Dalia, At Brinks Home Security your mere satisfaction means the world to us. It bring sadness to our hearts knowing you no longer want our protection. In regards to being bought out, we actually still are monitronics. We are only doing business as Brinks Home Security and we want to ensure we resolve this matter amicably regardless of the name we use. We attempted to locate the account based off of the information provided. If you could please send us a direct message to and we will be happy to assist. -Jacob B

chuck kocinski

November 20th, 2019 Hinckley, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely horrible . Do not use these guys . Installation was a disaster for both my house and also my business. They came and went kept us prisoners in both our home and also at our business. They were installing at our house till almost 11pm on one occasion . While at our business it took them weeks to get it to work properly and they still have not come back to install 3 sensors in the back of the building . We have contacted them at this point many times . They tell us to call Innovative Home Solutions who is supposed to install and service us in this area. We have called about 6 times already over 2 week period if not more but have not received one single call back . This security system is worthless without sensors . If we get broken into they will be responsible . DO NOT USE BRINKS!!!!!

Nov 20, 2019

Chuck, Oh no! It is alarming to hear of your recent experience with the installation of the system. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security and satisfaction is our priority. We do have a 1 year guarantee period to ensure no issues arise during this period in which your installing dealer is responsible for your account. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. We have located your account with us and will be sure sure to reach out to you to resolve your concerns. – Juana H.

chris

November 19th, 2019 Temple, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have called Brinks at least 6 times in the past two days. I do not get a live person that i can understand, they take forever to verify who i am, and the customer service personnel are borderline sarcastic. I have a camera not working properly, and brinks sent a tech out and stated i need a new one at a cost of about 250 dollars....im then told that brinks isn't responsible, that Skyline security is. Not only that, but instead of telling me that up front, they are accd to the call, going to bill me $50. Why didn't they just say, upfront, that it was a skyline issue? Not to mention no one can clearly tell me what is what or who is who....skyline did the install, but i pay brinks...its a brinks web page and mobile app...but they dont watnt to do the warranty work....skyline keeps sending me back to brinks,.....brinks sends me back to skyline. What a sham this is.

Nov 20, 2019

Chris, We are sorry to hear of your recent negative experience. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. If you could please send me a direct email to with your account information, I will be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Dani LaPlant

November 18th, 2019 Anniston, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They talked me into staying with them after I was about to go with another company. I was going with another company because I could never get a tech out to replace door sensor. Stayed with Brinks, roped into a 2 year contract. My system has not worked in over 2 months now. I’ve left 6 call back requests. No dice. Tried virtual agent. Horrible. I am reporting this company to the attorney general’s office in their home state and mine.

Nov 18, 2019

Dani, At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction is our main concern and will do anything in our hands to make sure of it. I am truly sorry to hear you have been having problems with your security system. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to ensure your system is working properly. I have located your account with us and I will be more than happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter. – Juana H.