Brinks Home Security has been a recognized name in home security for decades. Brinks Home Security is one of the world's largest home security companies in the U.S., having more than 1 million customers. Brinks takes pride in its patented ASAPer security technology, which is a mobile platform that allows you to connect with your loved ones fast and efficiently in the case of an emergency. Brink's security monitoring starts at $29 per month

Some highlights of Brinks Home Security company include a 30-day return policy, a no-contract security option, a two-year equipment warranty, and home automation technology. After a brief rebranding to Broadview Security, the Brinks name has returned after a merging of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security provider.

The Good

• 30-Day Return Policy
  • Referral Program
  • Crash & Smash Protection
  • Home Automation
  • 2-Year Equipment Warranty
  • DIY Installation Option
  • Various Home Security Plans
  • Financing Options
  • Brinks Home Security Cost

30-Day Return Policy

Brinks Home Security offers a no-hassle, 30-day return policy for equipment. Many home security system providers don't offer any type of return policy. This can provide peace of mind to homeowners who want a trial run of Brinks Home Security before fully committing.

Referral Program

Brinks Home Security offers you and a friend two free months of alarm monitoring when your friend signs up and activates their Brinks Home Security system. You can get two free months of alarm monitoring for every friend you refer to Brinks.

Crash & Smash Protection

Crash & Smash Protection means your alarm system will still send an emergency signal through the cloud, even if a burglar destroys the base unit. The security system perpetually monitors your home for a break-in, and if a sensor is triggered, it immediately begins a countdown on an external memory source away from your home. You can disarm the countdown from your mobile app, but if you don't, the system interprets it as a crash and smash break-in and notifies the authorities.

Home Automation

Brinks Home Security features the following z-wave technology home automation capabilities and tools:

• LiveVoice Assist
  • Mobile app control
  • Live video streaming
  • Cloud video storage
  • Doorbell camera
  • Smart door locks
  • Flood sensors

Smartphone control and basic home automation tools are available on all Brinks Home Security alarm systems.

2-Year Equipment Warranty

Brinks Home Security offers a two-year warranty for all of its products, regardless of your chosen home security equipment pack. If anything in your security system breaks or malfunctions within the first two years of use, Brinks will replace the equipment for free. This can provide peace of mind to customers knowing they won't have to cover replacement fees if something goes wrong. This also shows Brinks Home Security is confident in its products and doesn't expect there to be malfunctions or issues with equipment.

DIY Installation Option

Brinks alarm system is simple and easy to install, allowing you to set up the system yourself if you desire. They also have professional installation for those who would prefer to contact customer service and have a Brinks Home Security expert set up the system.

Various Home Security Packages

Brinks Home Security has different home security packages that allow customers to select the best home security system for them. The two main security packages are as follows:

Nest Secure Package

Nest Secure is a home security system from Nest that is backed by Brinks Home Security's 24/7 monitoring. The system price is $29 per month and $399 upfront with no contract.

• Nest Guard (keypad, motion detector, alarm, and panic button)
  • Nest Tag (button to arm and disarm your system—You can have up to 10 Nest Tags)
  • Nest Detect (multi-purpose motion sensor)
  • Yard sign & stickers
  • DIY installation
  • Add on: thermostat
  • Add on: Nest Cam Indoor

Home Complete Package

The Home Complete Package is a wireless touchscreen security system you can install yourself. This is Brinks Home Security's most basic package, costing $29 per month, $399 upfront, and including a 36-month contract. The upfront cost split into monthly payments is $11.08 per month.

• Brinks Home Touch control panel
  • Hacker protection
  • Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Apple Tv, and more.
  • Ultra-fast alarm signal
  • Smartphone control
  • Home automation
  • DIY installation

Home Complete with Video Package

A more advanced package, the Complete with Video Package is Brinks Home Security's most popular package. The package is $39 per month, $499 upfront, and includes a 36-month contract. The upfront cost split into monthly increments is $13.86 per month.

• Everything included in the Home Complete package
  • Live video surveillance from security cameras
  • Cloud video storage
  • Indoor camera with night vision
  • SkyBell Slim Line video doorbell

Financing Options

Brinks Home Security cost is flexible, as the company offers GreenSky financing for its Home Complete packages. All details for financing are below:

Home Complete with GreenSky financing

• Kit will be offered at $0 down
  • $29.00 per month for monitoring service
  • $11.08 per month at 0% APR for 36 months
    • Monitoring fee + GreenSky payment = $40.08 per month
  • 50% off all add-on products (eligible for financing, *monthly GreenSky payment subject to increase)

Brinks Home Security Cost

Brinks Home Security cost starts at $29 per month for 24/7 monitoring. That is relatively low for home security packages. Note that Brinks Home Security pricing also includes a $399 upfront fee and a 36-month contract. However, upfront fees and contracts are common within the industry.

The Bad

• Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available
  • 36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available

Brinks Home Security only offers wireless/broadband monitoring. No landline or cellular monitoring is available; however, many home security customers prefer wireless monitoring, especially over landline monitoring, as it is more flexible and simpler to install with no wires.

36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

A drawback to Brinks Home Security is the 36-month contract. However, it's somewhat common within the home security industry to have a lengthy contract. Brinks Home Security pricing is also customizable as the company has financing options and various home security packages to choose from.

There is also a month-to-month option if you choose Brinks Home Security's Nest Secure Package. This can provide peace of mind to customers who do not want to sign a lengthy contract.

The Bottom Line

Brinks Home Security is an established name in the home security industry. Though the company has been under the radar for several years, the recent rebranding and merger of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch security speak positively to the company's quality. Brink's security is equipped with basic equipment options as well as advanced home automation options, giving homeowners ample amounts of security options.

With its reputable reputation, we definitely recommend considering Brinks Home Security as your security provider. With a 30-day return policy, a variety of security packages, and a no-contract option, Brinks Home Security cost is affordable, and the security solution is definitely worth looking into. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security company. See what customers have to say about customer service, equipment quality, pricing, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at Brinks Home Security below.

2.6

keith vaughn

February 12th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

we had security through another company which was absorbed by brinks. no complaints on the old co., and so far no serious complaints for Brinks. they did reduce my payments by 25% when I called and asked, telling them I was going to switch to another co. that was going to cost 25% less. (thanks again brinks). The switch was about a year ago and so far so good. My only complaint was that they sent me an updated panel (at no charge) and it took between 1 and 1&1/2 hours on the phone with a techy to walk me through the switchover process. nothing you can do about that so after a year under brinks I have to say I'm satisfied with the system and other than the switchover have had no need to contact customer service which is about as good as it gets. no time on phone with CS or techs equals a satisfied customer. let's just hope it stays that way.

Feb 13, 2020

Keith , we are filled with joy to hear that we are doing a fantastic job. Here at Brinks we aim to match the perfect price with every customer’s needs. We are more than happy to provide you the protection you deserve inside your home. If there is anything we can do to keep your time with us anything other than amazing please feel free to reach out to us. -Juana H.

David T

February 11th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had Brinks security, but they had hidden fees and weren't very responsive to me questions. I stopped using them as soon as possible.

Feb 13, 2020

David, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Brinks Homer we strive to provide customer satisfaction and will do anything in our hands to make sure of it. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. If there was any form of misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Caryn Heffner

February 7th, 2020 Reading, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BUYER BEWARE. This company uses contracted technicians and admit they do not have an adequate amount. My system continually went offline. I asked for a repair on 2/6/2020. They had me disconnect it myself so the alerts would stop. The first available repair appointment was 3/23/2020. They expected me to go without for over a month yet still pay the monthly contract fee. They also expected me to pay them for the repair when it was their equipment failure. My panel has not worked for years. The last contracted technician was rude and told me there was nothing wrong with it. Despite this no one in our family could press the panel code and get the correct response. They have the worst customer service I've ever encountered. I've canceled my service and switched companies.

Feb 10, 2020

Caryn, Hearing of your experience is alarming to say the least. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security and satisfaction is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you as soon as possible to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Very unhappy customer

February 4th, 2020 Sacramento, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT's customer service representatives lack listening skills and are very argumentative. I have been with ADT for 32 years. My monthly fee is automatically deducted from my checking account. Randomly, the automative service was discontinued and ,because of that, the company sends me a late fee. Customer service refuses to waive the late fee for something they are responsible for. When I ask to speak with a customer service manager I am told I will have to wait 48 hours.

Feb 05, 2020

Hello, We are so sorry to hear of the poor experience you had when contacting ADT. We are however Brinks Home Security and have no affiliation with ADT. If you would like become Brinks Home Security customer, we are more than happy to do so. We did win the award for J.D power for best in customer satisfaction. - Juana H Best Regards,

vicki capka

January 29th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If this could be no stars that's what they would get. They are the VERY WORST. No service , no monitoring no nothing from this outfit. I moved to Texas from Colorado and did not want to use them anymore for lack of service. They are making me pay for 50 more months saying it was a verbal agreement over the phone. I tried talking to them pleading with them to stop harassing me about this and they reported me to credit bureau and my credit score dropped from 805 down to 602. I'm 73 and live on SS . Just because I did not want them anymore and went with ADT they are ruining me financially. They are CROOKS!!

Jan 30, 2020

Vicki, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you as soon as possible to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

David

January 29th, 2020 Falls Church, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As far as I can tell, "Brinks Home Security" is a poorly stitched together group of smaller companies -- without any coordination between the business units -- with the Brinks name slapped on it as a marketing tactic to evoke a sense of trust and security. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Brinks sales in early January so I could get confirmation on how their "Pro Install" options would work. The most important thing I wanted clarification on was if the wires for exterior security cameras and the keypad would be hidden in the walls. I was only interested in purchasing a "Pro Install" if they could assure me of that. They assured me, in writing, that all the wires would be hidden and provide photo examples of how the work would be done. Based on this information, we purchased a $1,400 package with the "Pro Install" option and scheduled an installation for a few weeks later. "Kyle" was the 3rd party installer for Brinks and right off the bat, as soon as he got to the house, he said he couldn't hide the wires in the walls. When we showed him the emails from Brinks confirming that this could be done, he said Brinks shouldn't have made those promises. Then he tried to sell us a different, non-Brinks exterior security camera system without wires. We let him know we just wanted the install done as promised, and he said it couldn't be done and walked off the job. (1st broken promise from Brinks) Suffice it to say, we were really upset, especially since we had planned a special trip to our house in New England for this installation. When we called Brinks customer service about the issue, they were very apologetic and promised to have someone from a higher tier of customer service investigate the situation and contact us again with a better explanation of why the installer left, as well as offer a proposal to "make it right". A few days later, we started getting phone calls from the "Pro Install Scheduling" group to try and schedule another installation. I told them I was expecting a call from a higher tier of customer service before we rescheduled -- they had no idea what I was talking about. Calls from the "Pro Install Scheduling" group continued day after day and we never got a follow-up call from anyone from a higher tier of customer service with the answers they promised, even though we called them a few times proactively. (2nd broken promise from Brinks) Yesterday, we called customer service and spoke with "Kathleen". We asked for two things as a final attempt to get this sorted out: 1) We asked her to speak with the installer before they come, so the installer can confirm that they are going to make every attempt to hide the wires in the walls. 2) We also asked her to give us the installer's contact info so we could speak with them before the installation as well. Kathleen and her supervisor assured us that they would personally handle this, and would contact me with the information today. Well today came and the "Pro Install Scheduling" group called again and said they had an installer lined up for this Saturday. We told them we were waiting for someone to speak with the installer and then call us with the installers contact info. The rep said that wasn't something that Brinks does. I called customer service and spoke with Kathleen again, told her what was happening, and asked to speak to her manager again. Kathleen told me she couldn't transfer me to any more managers in her group and that I needed to work with the Pro Install group to sort this situation out. I pointed out that she and her manager had made a commitment yesterday to sort this out, and now they were kicking me to another Departmnet. She apologized but stayed the course (3rd broken promise from Brinks). I had a mini tantrum on the phone since I probably had sunk 6 hours into Brinks by this point, and just as you'd expect, they treated me like I was the problem. I cancelled a few minutes later. Good riddance!

Jan 30, 2020

DJ, Oh no! Hearing of your experience is alarming to say the least. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security and satisfaction is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your contact information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

La gata Valenzuela

January 28th, 2020 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service also charge me when I even had a contract with them anymore... spoke to Jessica in regards to the over charge she stated her supervisor couldn't take the call and that I needed to call back Monday, I asked if the account could be noted and that matter I could get a call back she said that even if that was done I was not going to get a call back... and that we need to call, just horrible.

Jan 28, 2020

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information, I will be happy to investigate this and reach out to you. – Juana H.

SAMMY

January 22nd, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks Home Security is by far the worst security service I've ever had the displeasure of having. The sales staff that I had pitch the product was the biggest joke I've ever seen, they made it sound like the Security system I was getting was top of the line, and the Doorbell camera was state of the Art, but in reality, it was always setting off false alarms, and the doorbell camera NEVER WORKED. I recently purchased a house out of state, and Brinks wanted me to pay $1,000 to transfer my service, and $350 an hour to check the Brinks Security System in my new home, with a minimum of 4 hours. If I would've known I would be this upset about my security system, I would've invested in Blood Thirsty Pitbulls. I would never recommend Brinks Home Security to anyone. Its not worth the Headaches and Nonsence your going to receive.

Jan 22, 2020

Sammy, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it allows us to improve as a company. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as we care about your satisfaction. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I would love the opportunity turn this review into a positive one. However, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information ,I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Tired of Brinks

January 21st, 2020 Marana, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Brinks for quite a few years. Recently I moved and bought a new house and transferred the contract. It took months and repeated phone calls to transfer and then cancel the service. I would call and get an answer. Then I would have to call back because the service was not turned off. Then I would get a different answer. I started recording the phone calls and played them back because sometimes they did not have an a record of the call. Most times the information I got was so much against their policy that they would not believe me until I played the recording. Very unreliable. I also got three different answers from three different people on the same 1 1/2 hour long phone call today. Avoid at all costs. Horrible customer service, unreliable service, variable ability to answer questions to to carry out requests for service. The entire point of a security system is to feel secure. I have no confidence in Brinks.

Jan 22, 2020

Hello, We are truly sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. At Brinks Home we strive to provide superb customer service, and when one of our customers feel that we have failed their expectations it is tremendously important for us to know to be able to rectify it. I would like to take a further look into this matter, but I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your mothers account I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Juana H.

Amanda Nelson

January 21st, 2020 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First off, I signed up under another company who I didn't have any negative issues with. Sadly, Brinks absorbed them somehow and I have had the absolute worst customer service ever. I was under a 5 year agreement with the previous company that rolled into Brinks. The price goes up ever 12 months, which I guess I didn't catch when I signed the 5 year contract? Or is this just Brinks? A 5 year contract in any other industry usually guarantees a monthly service fee that doesn't change. To cancel, I would have to pay the entire service fee up front. Their technical support hours are Monday-Friday CST from 8 AM to 8 PM, so god forbid you have an issue any other time during the week. I had a false alarm a few weeks ago and the police stopped by my house. This is the third time one of the stupid sensors kept going off, even though I never open that door and the sensor is not used. I tried calling their technical support line while away at work, verified my address and phone number and the call was disconnected but the technical rep didn't even care enough to call me back. Absolute worst service I've ever had in my life and for $70 a month (started at $60) it's absurd that this is the service we should expect. I hope this company loses all customers and goes completely bankrupt. Do not use. I cannot even trust the system enough to bother setting it since the sensors do not read properly and the company doesn't bother trying to fix anything.

Jan 22, 2020

Amanda, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. At Brinks Home our customers security and satisfaction is our main concern and when one of our customers feel that we have failed their expectations it is tremendously important for us to know to be able to rectify it. I would like to reassure you that we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with the information provided and I will be sure sure to reach out to you by Tuesday to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Zac Cannon

January 16th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

My family for years used Brinks security alarms. The systems worked great, but did get extremely buggy as it aged a few years. Their systems are reliable and I never had major issues while visiting my parents.

Rusty Cummings

January 15th, 2020 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst customer service I've ever experienced. My system has been down for months. Constant errors. Alarm beeps 3 times a day whether the alarm is set or not and you have to get up and enter a code to get the alarm to stop beeping. Including 8:05 am every morning. I've logged in more than 12 hours on the phone with their "technical" department. All for nothing. After many phone calls I finally got them to send out a technician. It was a three week wait. Tech said it was an improper install and our board was fried. Nothing he could do. Since I was on a contract I called Brinks and asked for a quote for a new system. Said they would call and email me a quote. It's been two months and I'm still waiting for that quote. Avoid this company and save yourself a lot of aggravation. They'll call and act like they care but they don't. Because you're under contract Brinks is going to get their money whether your system works or not.

Jan 16, 2020

Rusty, At Brinks Home we strive to provide superb customer service, and when one of our customers feel that we have failed their expectations it is tremendously important for us to know to be able to rectify it. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with the information provided and will be sure sure to reach out to you by Monday to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Jennifer Givens

January 10th, 2020 Charleston, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The WORST security system I have ever had! Everything went out and I was left with nothing and the soonest they could come out was 5 days - and they didn't care!! They are very deceptive about their equipment - glass breakage unit on ceiling was bogus! Just don't use them!!!

Jan 10, 2020

Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. We take this type of matters very serious as your security is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with the information provided and I will be sure sure to reach out to you as soon as possible to provide you with a resolution. – Juana H.

linda wright

January 8th, 2020 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My security device broke down. I paid to have a new one installed last spring. Nothing. I called many times. Finally we got through to them and they indicated they made many emails and phone calls to us. There were no emails or calls. Then they said they would call for us for new installation. I gave them the names of myself and daughter. Still nothing. And yet they continue to bill us for service we do not have.

Jan 09, 2020

Linda, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it allow us to improve as a company. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with the information provided and I will be sure sure to reach out to you by Monday to provide you with a resolution. – Juana H.

Donna Goforth

January 2nd, 2020 Ripley, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I have a false alarm, they won't call me, the police will notbtake my word that it is false, and when it's real the police don't know-they're so confused. I was gone New Year's Eve, someone busted my master bedroom storm outside window, & it had a censor on the inside window. The breakage noise or vibration didn't even set the alarm off..The police tried to say my son did it. THEY'RE CRAZY!! Why would we want to destroy our own property??? I've been paying Brinks Home Security $37.99 a month, but it don't look like for much!!

Jan 02, 2020

Donna, At Brinks Home Security your protection means the world to us. Hearing of your recent experience is alarming to say the least. We strive for excellent in all we do specially in the monitoring of all of our customers home. I’d like the opportunity to investigate this matter further to provide you with an amicable resolution. With this being said, I have located your account with us, and I will be sure sure to reach out to by Tuesday with a resolution. – Juana H.

Richard Paoletti

December 31st, 2019 New Castle, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Brinks Security since they the took over Live Watch. It started of with great service until one day I called and said I was building a new house. I informed Brinks about the new house and told them I was taking my existing system with me. I was told no problem. I told the agent that I would need 5 or 6 new window magnetic contacts. I was told the cost would be $14.50 when I went to order the 6 new contacts I was told they were $29.00 each. I asked why the increase of 100% I was told they had no knowledge of my conversation with the agent, and the price is what it is. I am now looking into a new company and new system for my new home. it is not about money it is about principle. At one time I had 2 security systems with Brinks and referred clients to them. I would not do that again, not because of the money but the attitude of the last agent I spoke to. If I could give you a tiny bit of advice CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Jan 02, 2020

Richard, We are truly sorry to hear of your recent negative experience with us. At Brinks Home we strive to provide superb customer service, and when one of our customers feel that we have failed their expectations it is tremendously important for us to know. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. I have located your account with us, and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete, I will be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Margaret Cholipski

December 31st, 2019 Manteno, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

don't trust them. will not cancel your account if your moving and you have to pay for a contract. i never knew i had a contract and one for 48 months. read above: it say's 36 months on a contract. how did i get 48 month's?

Jan 02, 2020

Margaret, We are sorry to hear you would like to cancel your services with us. At Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one . In regards to the contractual agreement we would never change the terms without our customers explicit authorization. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. I have located your account with us, and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete, I will reach out to you. – Juana H.

Jason graham

December 26th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They set you up and then crickets if you ever need them. I have several bad sensors and they just tell me to override them, however, then that point of entry is no longer secure. Ridiculous. I also have had several alarms, I was not reachable, and they did nothing but leave me a message that there was an alarm set off. Well that does a lot of good.

Dec 26, 2019

Jason, Oh no! Hearing of your recent experience is alarming to say the least. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

akash patel

December 17th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is worse company ever totally ripoff, i been having problems with there devise from 2018 and they cant help you over the phone, but they will charge you $150 just for to com out and see whats wrong with it.

Dec 18, 2019

Akash, We are taken back by reading your review. We work hard to ensure each and every customer is satisfied with our services. With this being said we would like the opportunity to review this matter and resolved it with you. If you could please send us a direct message with your account information to [email protected]brinkshome.com and we will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

Clarissa Wade

December 17th, 2019 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely horrible customer service in tech support. after talking to 5 people over 2 hours for an issue I have reported several times before still no resolution. I consider this a breach of contract and I want OUT

Dec 18, 2019

Clarissa, We take our customer service experience very seriously. We are so sorry to hear of the interaction you had with our representatives. We want to ensure we resolve your concerns amicably and provide you with the best. We have located your account with us and we will be sure sure to reach out to you. - Juana H

Berry Phillips

December 11th, 2019 Coleman, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What i dont understand is my contract was up and they had increased my bill somewhat and i called one day a few months ago to see if i could lower it some and they offered my a small discounted price around $10 off per month, but then made me go under contract for 12 months for a small discount.

Dec 12, 2019

Berry, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We strive to ensure the satisfaction of all of our customers. If there is anything we can do please let us know and we will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

Ricky Herrera

December 5th, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Trying to cancel service because I am moving. $344 is cancellation fee, 7 months left. Ok. No problem. They want me to wait 7-8 days to receive some letter in order for me to pay my remaining balance, and then docusign a document saying it's been cancelled. Ridiculous!! Take my money, send me a cancellation email! Done. Make it simple. It's 2019. What is so hard about that?? That is not convenient for your customers! We live in a customer service oriented business environment, and you surely have not got that memo. Will never use your services again, and will tell people to be weary of using you.

Dec 06, 2019

Ricky, Oh no! We never like to hear when a customer wants to cancel there services at all, as this jeopardizes your protection. Our goal is to protect every person we can and provide with the ultimate experience along with it. I want to investigate this matter further and provide you with an amicable resolution. I have attempted to locate your account but have not been able to do so. If you could please send us a private message on here with your account info and we will be happy to assist you accordingly. -Jacob B

Dalia

November 27th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

THIS COMPANY IS THE WORST!! We used to have Monitronics and then these crooks at Brinks Home security bought them over. First of all the sensors never worked, then when they placed the monitor it caused all our kitchen outlets to stop working and our monitor stopped working as well. We finally got a hold of someone to come and fix the monitor and hey just put it in another wall. It turns out that these people extended our contract with out telling us for TWO more years just because they "fixed our monitor". If they had good quality sensors and monitors they would have not had to fix them and it was not our fault that they were defective. We are no longer living in that house and when we called last year to figure out a way to pay off this contract we were told we had to pay over $2,000 or pay it off monthly and the lady offered a $10.00 discount per month. We did not have $2,000 available so we accepted the monthly payments with the discount. Our contract was supposed to end mid 2020. This month our monthly bill went up $10.00 when we called this morning to find out why we were told that the discount was only valid for one year and guess what we RE-EXTENDED your contract until DECEMBER 2021!! The person at the customer service said that when we agreed to the $10.00 discount last year that meant that the contract would get re-extended. This is unbelievable! They re-extend and re-extend with out asking first. We never agreed to re-extend why would we if we are no longer in that house. Our family is in an extremely financial situation here and these crooks are taking advantage of us.

Dec 02, 2019

Dalia, At Brinks Home Security your mere satisfaction means the world to us. It bring sadness to our hearts knowing you no longer want our protection. In regards to being bought out, we actually still are monitronics. We are only doing business as Brinks Home Security and we want to ensure we resolve this matter amicably regardless of the name we use. We attempted to locate the account based off of the information provided. If you could please send us a direct message to [email protected] and we will be happy to assist. -Jacob B

chuck kocinski

November 20th, 2019 Hinckley, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely horrible . Do not use these guys . Installation was a disaster for both my house and also my business. They came and went kept us prisoners in both our home and also at our business. They were installing at our house till almost 11pm on one occasion . While at our business it took them weeks to get it to work properly and they still have not come back to install 3 sensors in the back of the building . We have contacted them at this point many times . They tell us to call Innovative Home Solutions who is supposed to install and service us in this area. We have called about 6 times already over 2 week period if not more but have not received one single call back . This security system is worthless without sensors . If we get broken into they will be responsible . DO NOT USE BRINKS!!!!!

Nov 20, 2019

Chuck, Oh no! It is alarming to hear of your recent experience with the installation of the system. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security and satisfaction is our priority. We do have a 1 year guarantee period to ensure no issues arise during this period in which your installing dealer is responsible for your account. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. We have located your account with us and will be sure sure to reach out to you to resolve your concerns. – Juana H.

chris

November 19th, 2019 Temple, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have called Brinks at least 6 times in the past two days. I do not get a live person that i can understand, they take forever to verify who i am, and the customer service personnel are borderline sarcastic. I have a camera not working properly, and brinks sent a tech out and stated i need a new one at a cost of about 250 dollars....im then told that brinks isn't responsible, that Skyline security is. Not only that, but instead of telling me that up front, they are accd to the call, going to bill me $50. Why didn't they just say, upfront, that it was a skyline issue? Not to mention no one can clearly tell me what is what or who is who....skyline did the install, but i pay brinks...its a brinks web page and mobile app...but they dont watnt to do the warranty work....skyline keeps sending me back to brinks,.....brinks sends me back to skyline. What a sham this is.

Nov 20, 2019

Chris, We are sorry to hear of your recent negative experience. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information, I will be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Dani LaPlant

November 18th, 2019 Anniston, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They talked me into staying with them after I was about to go with another company. I was going with another company because I could never get a tech out to replace door sensor. Stayed with Brinks, roped into a 2 year contract. My system has not worked in over 2 months now. I’ve left 6 call back requests. No dice. Tried virtual agent. Horrible. I am reporting this company to the attorney general’s office in their home state and mine.

Nov 18, 2019

Dani, At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction is our main concern and will do anything in our hands to make sure of it. I am truly sorry to hear you have been having problems with your security system. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to ensure your system is working properly. I have located your account with us and I will be more than happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Lisa

November 18th, 2019 Reading, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started off with Monotronics, back in 2010 whom I loved..fast forward they merged with Brinks and for some reason my contract keeps getting extended unbeknownst to me...I’m disabled and living on a fixed income and cannot afford $35/month for another 17 months. Please stop abusing me and let me out of my contract. You need to step up to the plate and be more competitive with the newer companies. It’s like your living in the stone ages locking people into these ridiculous contracts that somehow keep getting extended...let me out PLEASE..Lisa Boll

Nov 18, 2019

Lisa, We are sorry to hear you would like to cancel your services. Here at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. In regards to the contractual agreement we would never extend the contract without our customers explicit authorization. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this. I have located your account with us and I will be more than happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Jim

November 14th, 2019 Stone Mountain, GA

My mother in law is moving to a retirement community, when I tried to cancel the service the rep was very rude and kept saying she must payout the contract extension. They had a 90 year old woman sign a contract extension for 4 years and now want payment in full. Over $1,100.00. This is senior abuse at it's worse.

Nov 14, 2019

Jim, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. I was not able to locate your mother in laws account based on the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with the account information, I will be happy to investigate this and reach out to you. – Juana H.

JBL

November 8th, 2019 Statesville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

YOU CAN'T GET RID OF THEM! I closed my account 2 years ago and somehow they got into my account and kept billing me. After i caught them changing my bank I called them again to close it and even did it on line they are still sending me invoices! DON'T USE THIS DECEITFUL COMPANY!

Nov 08, 2019

JBL, At Brinks Home we strive to provide customer satisfaction and hearing of this experience is alarming to us. We never mean to make any request a difficult one. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter and reach out to you. – Juana H.

Toni Smith

November 8th, 2019 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As soon as I can get a live person on the phone I will be canceling this service. When it was Monitronics it was a great service, Brinks is terrible. I cannot get live support, I could not get help with an alarm going off, and when I did reach someone it sounded like they were having a party in the background and the person on the phone did not care at all that I was having trouble with my alarm. The call center person was not acting urgently, even though the alarm was going off, he was not professional, and when I asked him to hurry up because my dogs were going crazy and I was afraid that the police were on their way, he hung up on me. WORST ALARM SERVICE I’VE EVER HAD!!!!!!!

Nov 11, 2019

Toni, Our customer satisfaction is something we strive for day in and day out. We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience when trying to get assistance with your alarm. We still are monitronics as we are only doing business at Brinks Home Security. Our goal is for every customers system to be working in full capacity all while providing the ultimate customer experience. We have located your account with us and we will be sure to reach out to you this week. -Jacob B

Rebecca Williams

November 7th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT SIGN WITH BRINKS - THEY ARE NOT THERE FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS. They only want your money. I gave them a single star only because I have to. I signed with a company and then received notification that Brinks was my new company. I never signed a contract with Brinks, the original contract was for 12 months with the old company. Due to financial issues, we chose to cancel our service (after paying for it for 1 year). The customer service rep argued with me saying my old company was never affiliated with that company. That we would still be liable for the contract, I called again once they took another month out. They said they could not help me, would not let me talk to a supervisor and said he was the account manager and would help me by waiving the next month and start payments again in January.

Nov 08, 2019

Rebecca, Our goal is provide our customers with the ultimate experience and ensuring the protection of there home. We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us and wanting to cancel your services. There must be some confusion as initial term customers at minimum have 36 month agreements. Nonetheless we want to make sure we resolve this matter amicably. We have located your account with us and we will be sure to reach out to you Monday. -Juana H

Ivo Foldyna

October 29th, 2019 Boise, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks took over my security company. They started to nickle and dime my account with hidden charges that I did not see. "Cost Recovery Fee" = allegedly communications and firewall security charge. $1.99 for a paper billing? I am going to cancel and go elsewhere just to send a message that power billing is NOT acceptable. (Customer since 2012)

Oct 30, 2019

Ivo, We still are the security company you have started as we simply rebranded our name to Brinks Home Security. We have always had this associated charge on every customers account. We also have the option to do electronic billing in order to have the paper-statement fee waived. In addition if you have automatic billing then you would receive that fee either. We value our long time customers like yourself and we apologize any misinformation provided to you in this matter. I have located your account with us and will be investigating this matter to see whom you spoke with about this matter. -Jacob B

Nathalie

October 29th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do NOT sign anything with this home security. If you did you have 3 days to cancel so cancel before it’s to late worst customer service they do not care about your security all they care about is your money!

Oct 31, 2019

Nathalie, We are sorry to hear of the experience described in your review. We would never mean to make any request a difficult one. We do have a 1 year guarantee period to ensure no issues arise during this period in which your installing dealer is responsible for your account. We have located your account with us and will be sure your concerns are resolved.-Juana H

Emma's Mom

October 28th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

"Brinks" purchased my original alarm company. I echo the concerns listed below about customer service being terrible and the high costs associated with upgrading to equipment that is regularly offered to new customers at a fraction of the cost. We are in the process of listing and selling our home in the next 6 months or I would cancel today. I was totally dissatisfied with the customer service rep I spoke to recently over the phone... so, I tried the chat feature on the website... "No agents available" at 9:30 in the morning on a business day. Funny ADT has reps available...

Oct 29, 2019

We are sorry to hear of this recent experience with us. At Brinks Home we would never mean to make any request a difficult one. We want to look into this matter and resolve it amicably. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected] with your account info and we will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

Med

October 21st, 2019 Bellflower, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks Company took over our previous alarm company. The monthly payments were automatically debited from my checking account so we did not know it until the control pad broke. My wife called and someone came and replaced it. My wife explicitly asked if their is a fee, and she was told that none, and it is part of the service. We were ok until we sold our house.. A month before the escrow closed, the service was cancelled and I advised the bank to stop the automatic monthly debit. Somehow the account remained active and they continue to bill us for the services that we are not getting. They also sent us a letter charging us $700 plus as a cancellation charge. The contract from our previous alarm monitoring company has long expired and we never had any signed contract with them. Seem like it is impossible for them to accept and understand that are no longer using their services. My wife and I had called many to times to inform them but Nothing work. I am even considering of hiring a lawyer to deal with them

Oct 22, 2019

Med, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

JoElla

October 15th, 2019 Florence, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks took over my original alarm company and I never had any problems until I moved.... I have been on the phone for over 45 minutes trying to get a service call to the new system in the new home due to multiple general alarms and the front door sensor always being in alarm. I am still on hold waiting and will owe my first born in cancellation fees if I discontinue the service with brinks, I have been hung up on, transferred between the same two departments several times and told that I will be charged for a service call due to their equipment failure. After 1 hour and 15 minutes I have the technicians phone number to call and make an appointment, that's right still no firm appointment day or time. Bottom line- Unless you have hours of your life to waste being on hold, enjoy performing customer service for your self, or an unlimited supply of money explore your options for different security companies.

Oct 16, 2019

Joella, Our goal at Brinks its for customers to have an amazing customer experience. We strive to ensure every customer is happy with there system and everything is working properly. With this being said I am happy to look into this matter further and provide you with a resolution. The service call process should never be difficult by any means and so we have located your account, we will begin investigating then reach out to you by Monday. -Jacob B

Dan

October 14th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First issue was the smoke alarm that the Technician installed, was way too sensitive or at the wrong location. 2 false alarms, with the fire department arriving in front of my house, could not take a shower and leave bathroom door open after use, the alarm would go off. Next was the payments, I do online payments did not have any problem for the first year. Then when Brinks took over issues started, they did NOT receive a payment, told them that I did do a payment and have a payment confirmation # and my bank also confirms that the payment went through. But NO payment at Brinks end, funny thing some payment went through with no problem and then some didn't. WTF?? Called Brinks, explained the situation - they didn't care, and said that I still have to do the payment. I cancelled the account, Brinks sent by e-mail forms to cancel my account, and I would still have to pay the remaining months of the contract -fine. Last payment still hasn't been "received" yet it's been over a month - now they are calling 4-5 times a day asking for a payment. My payments have been sent online, money has been deducted from my bank account, my bank says the payment has gone to Brinks. So what am I suppose to do??

Oct 15, 2019

Dan, We are sorry to hear of this recent experience with us. At Brinks Home we would never mean to make any request a difficult one. Reading the issue you are having with billing are alarming to say the least. We want to look into this matter and resolve it amicably. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected] with your account info and we will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

SteveHO

October 14th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had automatic payments with Guardian Security when Brinks took over. We cancelled at the end of our contract. But Brinks continued to bill our account and would not stop. We called and wrote letters for over a year before they finally stopped. However, as soon as they did, we started getting automatic payments from our bank account to Monitronics. We never heard of them before this. We never signed or asked for a contract. We don't have any equipment now except ADT. This company appears to be defrauding us because we are seniors. If you have Brinks I would get out as soon as you can.

Oct 15, 2019

Steve, The concerns you have brought to our attention are the exact opposite of what strive to bring our customers. We apologize because we never mean to make any request a difficult one. We still are monitronics we simply rebranded our name for better recognition. If you could please send us direct email to [email protected] with your information and we will reach out to you as soon as possible. -Jacob B

Jason LeGore

October 14th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their customer service reps are horrible and rude. Usually they speak in broken english or their grammar is so poor that they probably can't even read the reviews being written about them. This is a worthless service. Just look at the statistics surrounding the effectiveness or need for a home security system. Why would you pay extra money for something that will tell you when your home gets broken into. Super expensive, horrible service, and they change their name every time when they get bad reviews. It has been Brinks, Moni, Monitronics, and there are some earlier names that I can't remember as well. That is all in well under 5 years. Do not ever do business with this company.....no matter what name they go by.

Mar 29, 2019

Jason,At brinks home security your safety and satisfaction mean the world to us. In regards to our dispatch process we actually offer the both, meaning we can call you directly to identify if you need assistance or immediately dispatch but this is of course upon request. The reason this is upon request is because 95% of our customers choose this option when activating and this great reduces your chances of being fined by your city for having false alarms. In regards to your 5 year agreement, we certainly do offer a 30 change your mind policy in your agreement that most companies on offer 3 business days. If there are any issues with your system we have dedicated customer tech support that can assist you in trouble shooting almost all matters and for the ones that require a technician, you equipment do come with a lifetime warranty that takes care of parts, labor etc. We apologize about the experience described when speaking to "Tiara" I am more than happy to investigate this matter further for you and provide a resolution. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided, if you could please send me a private message on here with your account information and I will be happy to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Tracey Henderson

October 14th, 2019 South Holland, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I spoke with a representative there today named Keisha. She was VERY helpful and knowledgeable about the company. She helped me fix an issue that i have been trying to fix for MONTHS! She gave me information about my alarm system that no other representative gave me after speaking with at least 6 in the last 6 weeks. Thank you so much Keisha. You deserve a RAISE!

Oct 15, 2019

Tracey, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review regarding your service with Keisha. We will be sure to reach out to her superiors to advise of the great job she did. If there is anything else we can do to ensure you experience stays like this please let us know. -Jacob B

October 9th, 2019 Chapin, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My original security service company was purchased by Brinks within the last couple of years. Never had an issue until then. In less than two years they have lost two of my payments (by check). The first time I gave them the check number and date sent but Brinks insisted it didn't matter that the check was lost in the mail, they insisted on charging me a late fee of $5.00. I asked the agent to waive the $5.00 fee but they insisted they could not waive the late charge even though my payment record was consistantly good. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the agent told me there was nothing he could do to waive the late fee. Jump forward to September of this year. I began receiving calls from Brinks regarding a late payment on around 9/21 but was unable to take the call at work. On 9/23 (Monday) I answered their call and they informed me that they had not received my check. In this call I provided them the date and check number of my payment. That original payment was sent roughly 10 days prior to due date. It was accepted that the check must be lost in the mail. Brinks insisted that I not only pay the past due amount but also the next months amount due plus a $5.00 late fee. I indicated that I would only pay the past due amount and I would send them another check for the next month's bill when it was due and that I would not accept another $5.00 late fee for the US mail loosing another of my payments. The agent said she would note that I was sending a check and if they had not received within 10 days they would call back. The very next morning I received another call from a different agent saying I needed to pay the past due amount plus my next installment. I indicated that I had just talked to them the day before and had sent a check. The agent said she would note that on my account and that no one would call until 10 days had passed. The next morning I received another call from yet another Brinks agent and relayed the story of the previous two calls and that a check had been sent. The very next day I received an invoice in the mail for the past due amount, a late fee and my next installment amount (which wasn't due yet). Two days later (Saturday if you are keeping count) I received a letter from Brinks with (1) the various ways I could pay my account balance (one of which was by check), (2) a copy of my origianl check with the signature line partially torn off and (3) a memo from the US postal service apologizing for any inconvenience this has caused all of which was postmarked 9/23 (the date I first talked to an agent) On Wednesday (10/2) I called the billing department for an explanation of how they could have received a torn check in early September and not noted it on my file even though it was not possible to process due to the signature line being torn. I also asked why did it take them another three weeks to inform me that they had received a torn check versus putting me into the "past due" collection group. The agent I was speaking to didn't seem to care about the frustration they had caused. I asked to speak to a supervisor, the agent put me on hold and came back a few minutes later saying the a supervisor was unavailable but one would call me within 48 hours. Needless to say, that call never came. Oh, one more twist. While I was on the phone with the third agent attempting to get me to pay a bill I had already paid but apparently was lost in the mail, she asked me to do a system test. We did and everything worked. The next time I went to set my alarm, the panel indicated a zone issue with the zone we had tested. So for a couple days we went without security. I finally had the time to call the technical department and after multiple attempts at checking on the sensor in question, the agent indicated there was nothing she could do and that I would need to have someone service my accout for a minimum of $25 dollars and it would likely be another week before a technician could service my sensor. I ASKED THE AGENT IF SHE COULD HELP ME JUST RESET THE PANEL. SHE INDICATED SHE COULD NOT AND THE ISSUE HAD TO BE ADDRESSED WITH A SERVICE CALL WHICH SHE WOULD HAVE THE SERVICE AGENT CONTACT ME. Later in the day, my wife came home (I had not mentioned the call I had earlier in the day) and she decided to call Brinks for technical support. The agent she spoke with told her how to reset the panel, it worked and we are now back in business. I write all of this to help anyone considering Brinks to think twice. The billing, collection and service departments failed miserably all within a week and one-half time frame, all over a lost check. I have mailed ten to twenty checks per week for the last nineteen years. I can count on one hand how many times the US Postat Service has lost my check - two of which was to Brinks.

Oct 11, 2019

Anonymous, At Brinks Home security we strive for our customer experience to be the best. We apologize to hear of the billing issues you have had with paying for your services. We are more than happy to look into this issue and waive the appropriate fees on our end. We want to be able to look into this further and provide you with a resolution. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected] with your account information. Once this is done we are happy reach out to you as soon as possible. -Jacob B

Mom of 5 kids

October 9th, 2019 Loveland, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We signed a 6 year contract at $63 a month and are 4 years in. They sent us an email saying we can upgrade our equipment. I called and for $20 a month more they can update our equipment and add another 36 months. For a total of 56 months and $83 a month. After-all new customers come in at $19.99 for 36 months. What a joke!!! Why send emails to current customers saying you have outdated equipment and only get new equipment for triple the price of a new customer plus extending your contact and yet you are a loyal paying direct payment customer??? Apparently in 20 months we will be finding a new carrier as I am not paying the $1300 early release of contract... Then if you need equipment worked on or someone to come out just because there product isn’t working you will pay even more. Nothing they do is to support there customer and keep them returning except the contract we should have never signed.

Oct 11, 2019

Mom of 5 kids, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I would love the opportunity to turn this review into a positive one.However, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. - Juana H.

Alan

October 9th, 2019 Huntington Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My 2 carbon monoxide sensors reached their "end of life". I inquired about purchasing new ones and was quoted $125/each which is about $25-50 more than same units purchased online. They said that included a service call to have a tech "install" (which means install battery, place on wall). I decided to purchase a plug in model (much cheaper) and called to have Brinks disable the 2 units on my touchpad. Was informed that they could not do it via phone, but requires a tech (and $50 service fee) to make the change on my touchpad. Everything with these guys is about getting their service fee. I'm saving the $50 by cancelling my system and going with something with better customer service and more user friendly.

Oct 10, 2019

Alan, We do our very best to provide our customers with the best possible experience. We apologize that we were not able to remove the carbon monoxide sensors from your system so easily. The reason being is that these are life saving devices and our agents are strictly told not to remove them as error can happen. We are happy to assist you with the resolution of this matter. We have located your account with us and we will be happy to reach out to you by Friday this week. -Jacob B

October 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our current home security company. Love it called them let them know the battery on my panel is not charging got a new battery in two days also had a tech call to help me install it and help bypass the system during the process so that the services don’t get a call out. They also helped reduce my monthly cost moving forward.

Oct 10, 2019

Anonymous, We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We strive for experiences just like this one and we will continue to provide you and all of our customers with this kinda of experience. -Jacob B

Robert Safadi

September 30th, 2019 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks CEO, CFO and COO belong to JAIL. I tried to cancel my account for almost two years they refused to close it until I sold my home. Then they asked me to move it with me HAA HAA. I told them to take their service and put it where the sun don't shine. This is a scam company, they are fraud and they all belong to jail including their employee as a bunch of liars and crooks. Many times they told me they will send me my payment history and final payment mad and their email never show up bunch of crooks and liars Shameka thier account rep should also be in jail. The WORST COMPANY in NORTH American so far.

Oct 01, 2019

Robert, We would never mean to make any request a difficult one. Our goal is provide the best in home security and a great customer experience to match it. We apologize if this was not the case for you and we want to ensure we provide feedback to the parties involved. We have located your account and will begin to investigate these concerns further. -Jacob B

Christi

September 26th, 2019 Pearblossom, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been with Monitronics for over 10 years. Brinks took over, claims to be #1. There is no way! I tried cancelling service because I was moving, instead I was bamboozled into believing I’d be able to move into my new house and have new equipment installed since all mine in my old house was outdated (10 years old) at no additional charge. I asked them to shut off my service and restart when I move and have everything installed. Nope, I was charged every month. I’m now in my new house with new equipment and was just charged today $ 869!! WTF?? For what? I never okay’d this. This company is shady. Ask for everything in writing and recordings. I will fight this and am cancelling service.

Sep 27, 2019

Christi, We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. Here at Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused while in the process to relocate your services. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. I have located your account and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete I will reach out to you.- Juana H.

Tyler W

September 26th, 2019 Parkville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer with brinks for 3 years. My contract was up and I wanted to switch to get a specific system that would work for my household as I took on a renter. I reached out to ADT and they sent a tech out to walk my house and give me a recommendation. I was happy that they had what I needed. I called to cancel with Brinks and the agent said she could offer me what I wanted for a cheaper price than ADT. When it came the day to install the tech did not bring the equipment. So I wasted my personal time at work taking off. The second time he came he installed it and rolled out. I could not figure out how to work it so I called technical support only for them to tell me that I had the wrong system. I spend hours on the phone getting bounced around between agents until finally a woman who understood my problem said she would get in touch with the selling agent and both would call me back. Neither ever did. I called back and tried to get in touch with either of them but to no avail. Finally a woman told me she knew I had the wrong system and was sending a tech out to install the correct panel. She assured me that she would explain to him exactly what to do. So now the day before the appointment I get a call that goes to voicemail saying that they were overbooked and my appointment was cancelled because they didn't know what I needed. This is the third day I had taken off of work. I speak to someone about this and she assures me that my system can do that functionality that I want it to and it just needs to be updated. She sent down the update and said it would take one hour. After an hour nothing happens. I call back and am told that I have the wrong panel again. This time I am told that I either need to pay to upgrade my system or if I wish to cancel pay the duration of my three year contract. They said that for anything else I need to get in contact with the person who sold me my system. An agent reaches out to her in email and say she would call me. Nothing. Another agent reaches out through phone. Nothing. Finally a third agent says she walked out to her desk and found out that she was never notified of needing to call me. I asked to speak with her and they told me she was on break, then she was on the phone with a customer, literally any excuse. The person I was speaking with told me the same thing, even if it isn't the system I asked for , it is a working one. She also adds that I never specifically asked for their "Partition Model". She is right, I didn't because I do not know what that is, I just explained what my house set up is and was hoping someone was going to install a system that would work for my home. To fix the problem I either need to pay out the three years or raise my monthly bill to pay for the panel I asked for initially. Long Story Short: Brinks installed equipment that does not do what I asked for it to do and now they tell me if I want the equipment I asked for then I need to either pay extra for it or to get out of the contract I have to pay the full three years. The phone operators are rude and dismissive, I have never been treated so badly and I feel like I got scammed. I will spend the next three years paying for a system that cannot arm a section of my house because they installed the incorrect panel.

Sep 30, 2019

Tyler, At Brinks Home Security, your satisfaction means the world to us. Thank you for deciding to stay with us over ADT, it does mean a lot to know we could keep another customer protected. We never want for a customer to feel as if they have been scammed by any means. It is our duty to our customers to protect there home and provide with the best possible customer experience. With this being said I have located your account with us and I will be sure to look into this issue further. I will reach out to you by Thursday this week with a resolution. -Jacob B

Aprille

September 24th, 2019 Vacaville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would have given a negative rating if it’s an option. I was in contact with their reps 4-5 different times (after being on hold for 30-45 mins and being cut off 3x) requesting to send me my contract but twice I was told they will be sending it to me but a day later still none. I would like to revisit my contract as they extended my contract due to military relocation. If you are a Military member stay away from this company. They don’t have military clause therefore whenever you relocate you either extend the contract for additional 21 months or pay $550 for uninstalling and reinstalling the equipment/service whenever you move. This company has the worst customer service.

Sep 26, 2019

Aprille, At Brinks Home we strive to provide excellent customer service and I am truly sorry if this was not the case. We are a military friendly company and we do have a military clause. As long as the accurate paperwork is provided, we never hold anyone to their agreements. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information, I will be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Tyler Davis

September 23rd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Honestly one of the worst companies. They basically do nothing before and after your contract period, do nothing to keep you until you actually quit, and then they charge you for an extra month of service at the end because it takes the 30 days to close your account for some reason. Never been happier to quit a company.

Sep 24, 2019

Tyler, We never mean for a customer to feel like they want to cancel because of the price. In regards to being "Bought", we weren't purchased by Brinks, we simply rebranded our name. We strive to ensure our customers are satisfied with there system based off of there needs and we leave it up to the customer to decide if its time for an upgrade. The reason being is because most customers don't like change unless they feel they need to and we want to respect that. Our customer loyalty team is dedicated in ensuring a customer knows there options before cancelling there account. We are happy to assist you in the resolution to this matter. I have located your account and I will be sure to reach out to you Thursday. -Jacob B

Millie illas

September 17th, 2019 Reading, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Security system worked fine but when it came to service they didn't resolve my problem and after I told them to cut my service their refusing to and still withdrawing money from my acct. I moved and no longer need this and their giving me a hard time because it's in someone else name yet they allow me to make all type of changes including renewing contracts but not cancel. They need to stop taking money from my accts. And it's ok because I just placed a stop payment on them so they will never get my business ever again. Stay away from this company. They have the worse customer service

Sep 17, 2019

Millie, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us. Please know that we would never mean to make any request a difficult one. We do have policies that only allow the account holder to cancel the account. We apologize if this was not explained to you. Nonetheless we want to ensure this matter is address as soon as possible. If you could please send us a direct messaged containing the account information you are speaking about so we can research and resolve this matter amicably. -Jacob B