Brinks Home Security

verified

Brinks Home Security

verified
A recognized name in home security

Brinks Home Security has been a recognized name in home security for decades. Brinks Home Security is one of the world's largest home security companies in the U.S., having more than 1 million customers. Brinks takes pride in its patented ASAPer security technology, which is a mobile platform that allows you to connect with your loved ones fast and efficiently in the case of an emergency. Brink's security monitoring starts at $29/mo

Some highlights of Brinks Home Security company include a 30-day return policy, free equipment, a no-contract security option, a 2-year equipment warranty, and home automation technology. After a brief rebranding to Broadview Security, the Brinks name has returned after a merging of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security provider.

The Good

• 30-Day Return Policy
  • Referral Program
  • Crash & Smash Protection
  • Home Automation
  • 2-Year Equipment Warranty
  • Free Equipment
  • DIY Installation Option
  • Various Home Security Plans
  • Financing Options
  • Brinks Home Security Cost

30-Day Return Policy

Brinks Home Security offers a no-hassle, 30-day return policy for equipment. Many home security system providers don't offer any type of return policy.

Referral Program

Brinks Home Security offers you and a friend two free months of alarm monitoring when your friend signs up and activates their Brinks Home Security system. You can get two free months of alarm monitoring for every friend you refer to Brinks.

Crash & Smash Protection

Crash & Smash Protection means your alarm system will still send an emergency signal through the cloud, even if a burglar destroys the base unit. The security system perpetually monitors your home for a break-in, and if a sensor is triggered, it immediately begins a countdown on an external memory source away from your home. You can disarm the countdown from your mobile app, but if you don't, the system interprets it as a crash and smash break-in and notifies the authorities.

Home Automation

Brinks Home Security features the following z-wave technology home automation capabilities and tools:

• LiveVoice Assist
  • Mobile app control
  • Live video streaming
  • Cloud video storage
  • Doorbell camera
  • Smart door locks
  • Flood sensors

Smartphone control and basic home automation tools are available on all Brinks Home Security alarm systems.

2-Year Equipment Warranty

Brinks Home Security offers a 2-year warranty for all of its products, regardless of your chosen home security equipment pack. If anything in your security system breaks or malfunctions within the first two years of use, Brinks will replace the equipment for free. This can provide peace of mind to customers knowing they won't have to cover replacement fees if something goes wrong. This also shows Brinks Home Security is confident in its products and doesn't expect there to be malfunctions or issues with equipment.

Free Equipment

There are no equipment costs for Brinks Home Security. Some home security systems — particularly DIY systems — can have initial equipment fees amounting to hundreds of dollars. The typical equipment package includes  a control panel, motion senor, door sensors, and window sensors.

DIY Installation Option

Brinks alarm system is simple and easy to install, allowing you to set up the system yourself if you desire. They also have professional installation for those who would prefer to contact customer service and have a Brinks Home Security expert set up the system.

Various Home Security Packages

Brinks Home Security has different home security packages that allow customers to select the best home security system for them. The two main security packages are as follows:

Nest Secure Package

Nest Secure is a home security system from Nest that is backed by Brinks Home Security's 24/7 monitoring. The system price is $29 per month and $399 upfront with no contract.

• Nest Guard (keypad, motion detector, alarm, and panic button)
  • Nest Tag (button to arm and disarm your system—You can have up to 10 Nest Tags)
  • Nest Detect (multi-purpose motion sensor)
  • Yard sign & stickers
  • DIY installation
  • Add on: thermostat
  • Add on: Nest Cam Indoor

Home Complete Package

The Home Complete Package is a wireless touchscreen security system you can install yourself. This is Brinks Home Security's most basic package, costing $29 per month, $399 upfront, and including a 36-month contract. The upfront cost split into monthly payments is $11.08 per month.

• Brinks Home Touch control panel
  • Hacker protection
  • Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Apple Tv, and more.
  • Ultra-fast alarm signal
  • Smartphone control
  • Home automation
  • DIY installation

Home Complete with Video Package

A more advanced package, the Complete with Video Package is Brinks Home Security's most popular package. The package is $39 per month, $499 upfront, and includes a 36-month contract. The upfront cost split into monthly increments is $13.86 per month.

• Everything included in the Home Complete package
  • Live video surveillance from security cameras
  • Cloud video storage
  • Indoor camera with night vision
  • SkyBell Slim Line video doorbell

Financing Options

Brinks Home Security cost is flexible as the company offers GreenSky financing for its Home Complete packages. All details for financing are below:

Home Complete with GreenSky financing

• Kit will be offered at $0 down
  • $29.00 per month for monitoring service
  • $11.08 per month at 0% APR for 36 months
    • Monitoring fee + GreenSky payment = $40.08/month
  • 50% off all add-on products (eligible for financing, *monthly GreenSky payment subject to increase)

Brinks Home Security Cost

Brinks Home Security cost starts at $29 per month for 24/7 monitoring, and equipment is completely free. That is relatively low for home security packages. Note that Brinks Home Security pricing also includes a $399 upfront fee and a 36-month contract. However, upfront fees and contracts are common within the industry, especially when equipment and security devices are completely free.

The Bad

• Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available
  • 36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available

Brinks Home Security only offers wireless/broadband monitoring. No landline or cellular monitoring is available; however, many home security customers prefer wireless monitoring, especially over landline monitoring, as it is more flexible and simpler to install with no wires.

36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

A drawback to Brinks Home Security is the 36-month contract. However, it's somewhat common within the home security industry to have a lengthy contract when not charging for equipment. Brinks Home Security pricing is also customizable as the company has financing options and various home security packages to choose from.

There is also a month-to-month option if you choose Brinks Home Security's Nest Secure Package. This can provide peace of mind to customers who do not want to sign a lengthy contract.

The Bottom Line

Brinks Home Security is an established name in the home security industry. Though the company has been under the radar for several years, the recent rebranding and merger of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch security speak positively to the company's quality. Brink's security is equipped with basic equipment options as well as advanced home automation options, giving homeowners ample amounts of security options.

With its reputable reputation, we definitely recommend considering Brinks Home Security as your security provider. With free equipment, a variety of security packages, and a no-contract option, Brinks Home Security cost is affordable, and the security solution is definitely worth looking into. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security company.

Call our recommended rep over at Brinks Home Security below.

Mike
May 21st, 2019 Santa Rosa, CA DETAILS

Technical service asked me if the weather is changing ? My keypad intermittently chimes One of the most ignorant tech service call I’ve ever had Binks your days are numbered You provide NO Tech support

May 21, 2019

Mike, We apologize if there was a negative experience with our technical support department. At Brinks Home Security we care for your satisfaction just as much as your protection. We would love to look into this matter but unfortunately we have not been able to locate your account based off the information you have provided. In order to investigate this matter could you please either send me a direct message on here or email me at [email protected] with your account information. Once this information has been provided we will look into this matter and then provide an amicable resolution. -Jacob B

Jim
May 16th, 2019 Savannah, GA DETAILS

I purchased my home 18 months ago and it had a Monitronics security system. I signed a contract with Monitronics---which was later purchased by Brinks Home Security. I had occasion recently to deal with their billing people who (apparently) are not located on U.S. soil. They were the most condescending and incompetent people I have ever dealt with. I tried to call Brinks to complain and after a 34 minute hold, I was basically told that I could buy out my contract for about $1500--otherwise, I was stuck with them. I really feel sorry for the person I spoke with as she was not empowered to help. She could only "apologize"--empty words without meaning. Obviously, at the end of my contract period, I will change services--in the meantime, I can just complain to my friends.

May 20, 2019

Jim,We are sorry to hear that you want to cancel your services with us. At Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said I'd be happy to look into this matter further but was unable to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] and I will be more than happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Luis Castro
May 14th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Worst experience ever from day one. There is more than one company involved and each one blames the other. I have spent countless hours on the phone going in circles until I just gave up. The installer was nowhere to be found, he finally showed up.He looked as if he was still under the influence and living in his car. The installation was done with the wrong sensors, they eventually replaced them and tried to charge me for it. We started receiving false alarms which I immediately informed them of. They scheduled a repair but after three or so more weeks, I had to call again. They did come out, I was told at no charge. They did charge me! I then received a bill for all of the false alarm responses. They claim the police was out, but I never saw the police or their guard on the surveilance videos ! I fought them, they agreed to remove these charges and to ignore notices to pay. They finally dipped their hands into my account and paid themselves, without my consent! I reminded them about our agreement but they denied everything. This was about a year ago, now it started all again, I have a $120.00 bill for more false alarms. And I am sure I have an extra one that was not included. The last time, their guard showed up was over one hour after the alarm! I had to show him proof of it, he argued he responded within 15 minutes. I don't know waht to do . I have a contrat with them for three years. I will never recommend or sign up with this company. The alarm response was too slow the day my shop was broken into on Christmas night. I called the police and waited for one hour for them to show up. The alarm's guard never showed up, but I got charged for it. My name is Luis Castro.

May 20, 2019

Luis,The experience described in your review does bring great attention as we do have the fastest response time in the industry. Here at Brinks Home Security we care for our customers safety first and satisfaction next.We apologize if we have lost your trust in anyway and will do everything we can do earn it back. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Richard Ziegler
May 9th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS

In our beginning we received a inheritance and thought we should get a Home Security System .So we paid and paid and paid . Then we retired and thought we should keep it for peace of mind while gone for weeks at a time. So we paid and paid. Now in our 70s yard work is difficult ,wife has had back surgery so stairs are a issue .Now I can understand a contract in the beginning because there is a equipment investment. However to hold your customers hostage into perpetuaty is wrong . We trusted this industry and got took . So you young folks reading these reviews best learn form us who know DONT trust HomeSecurity . The only burgulary we had in 18 years was from the service .

May 14, 2019

Richard,Here at Brinks Home we strive to ensure each experience is better than the next. We never like to hear when a customer wants to cancel as we care for your satisfaction and your protection.In regards the cancellation of your contract we apologize if you were misinformed of the policy. With this being said I'd like to look into this matter further and provide an amicable resolution and of course shed some light on this matter. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out you. -Jacob B

Cheri
May 8th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

I was forced into Brinks as my alarm company as the company I had was bought out. Now still 2 years passed and I cannot use my system unless I bypass the garage door sensor as it has been bad since the system was put in. Brinks wants me to pay for their tech to come out and fix it, plus they want me to pay the past balance which I told them I will not pay as long as my system is not usable. Why should I have to pay my full monthly amount if I cannot use my full alarm. I told them I would find a new alarm company. They are a joke.

May 14, 2019

Cheri ,This is the exact opposite kind of experience we strive to provide to all our customers. We will be sure to look into this matter regarding your account, even though we are sorry to hear you are wanting to cancel please allow us to fix this. I have located your account with us. I will be sure to reach out to you to resolve this matter accordingly. I look forward discussing your concerns with you. -Jacob B

M. Kelly
May 8th, 2019 Henderson, NV DETAILS

Brinks is actually worse than just incompetent, it will not hesitate to try to defraud you. On April 7 we had a false alarm at our back door. It was an electronic or electrical false alarm, no siren sounded. Brinks did not call my wife or me though we have given them our cell phone numbers. They called our next door neighbor who went to the house, called me and waited until we arrived. No security was dispatched to the house. When I arrived I called Brinks technical and told the tech that the back door alarm was not disturbed and that the siren did not sound. He promised Brinks would call to check the alarm at the door and the siren. Nobody ever came. We just got a bill for security dispatch for $40. We knew there had been no dispatch but after 4 calls we have not found anybody at Brinks who can deal with this. Brinks gave an incorrect name for the security service (Greenville Police). My lawyer found the correct security service who confirmed that there was an alarm cancellation and NO DISPATCH. This episode is a material breach of the contract. Do not get involved with these people. You will spend your life on "hold" waiting for someone to handle even the simplest problem. It took me 2 calls and 40 minutes just to make sure they had the correct cell phone numbers (they did) but there's no guarantee that they will use them. Episode 2 will follow.

May 14, 2019

MKelly,This is the exact opposite kind of experience we strive to provide to all our customers. We will be sure to look into this matter regarding your account, even though we are sorry to hear you are wanting to cancel please allow us to fix this. I have located your account with us. I will be sure to reach out to you to resolve this matter accordingly. I look forward discussing your concerns with you. -Jacob B

Wendy Adams
May 6th, 2019 Thibodaux, LA DETAILS

UNBELIEVABLY HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! And now i am stuck in a 5 YEAR CONTRACT with a company whose phone system HANGS UP on you after 30 min of holding. Then you have to call AGAIN and get in the que all over again! After doing this for OVER 2 HOURS i had to SET OFF MY OWN ALARM just to get in touch with a human! When i complained and asked for a supervisor i explained the situation was put on hold for another 30 min and HUNG UP ON BY THE SUPERVISOR!!!

May 14, 2019

Wendy,This is the exact opposite kind of experience we strive to provide to all our customers. We will be sure to look into this matter regarding your account, even though we are sorry to hear you are wanting to cancel please allow us to fix this. I have located your account with us. I will be sure to reach out to you to resolve this matter accordingly. I look forward discussing your concerns with you. -Jacob B

SBurroughs
May 6th, 2019 Odessa, TX DETAILS

house was broken into last Thanksgiving while we were out of town. I know this because my cell phone received an alert about it. I called Brinks and they said they notified police. I called police, they never were notified. I called Brinks again, they say they never received a break-in alarm. Worthless protection, absolutely horrible customer service....RIP-off artists! House was indeed robbed. I cancelled the very next day, must put it in writing...okay...did that and sent it in. Took them 9 months (yes, they were drafting my bank account) to cancel it then charged me $1199 for early termination. Finally negotiated for much lower rate. Should've hired an attorney and sued them for breach of contract for failing to notify police. YOU HEAR OF BRINKS. JUST SAY NO, AND RUN!

May 07, 2019

S Burroughs, At Brinks Home Security we must ensure the protection of our customers as this is our job. We are so sorry to hear that your home was broken. We take these matters very seriously and have a special process just for these kinds of matters. In regards to the cancellation of your account, we do have a process to follow as we are a security company and have to ensure our customers are protected. I am happy to look into this matter further however I have not been able to locate an account based off of the information you have provided. If you could please send me a direct message email to [email protected] with identifying information and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Randy Ketterer
May 2nd, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

Paid them over $1000.00 for services not rendered. Sent me through hoops trying to cancel their service. Still trying to get it canceled. Don't let them take automatic payments.

May 06, 2019

Randy, We are sorry to hear that you want to cancel your services with us. At Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said I'd be happy to look into this matter further but was unable to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] and I will be more than happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Tom Talty
April 28th, 2019 Rutherfordton, NC DETAILS

Strong armed---not customer friendly. Spent 6 weeks contesting paying an additional 30 days of service when discontinuing...finally received an email from them on Feb 1, 2019 saying I wouldn't have to pay the contested amount and they would cease trying to collect the amount in question. NOW 60 days later they are sending threatening mail again trying to get me to pay. TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL DISHONEST COMPANY.......DO NOT USE THEM !!!!!!

May 01, 2019

Tom,This is the exact opposite kind of experience we strive to provide to all our customers. We will be sure to look into this matter regarding your account, even though we are sorry to hear you are wanting to cancel please allow us to fix this. I have located your account with us. I will be sure to reach out to you to resolve this matter accordingly. I look forward discussing your concerns with you. -Jacob B

Samuel Marr
April 28th, 2019 DETAILS

My billing has been wrong for months now. I have to call consistently to get it fixed. I have no idea why they can’t get it right. Every time the agent says they have fixed it and behold next bill is still wrong.

Apr 30, 2019

Samuel, We are so sorry to hear you are having some billing concerns. AT Brinks Home Security we always want to ensure our customers are satisfied and fully protected. Allow me to look into the billing issues you are having and provide an amicable resolution. -Jacob B

Aiham Azoubi
April 25th, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

Brinks Home Security is the worst service ever, two months waiting on there technician to show up and never showed up , they want me to fix the problem by phone, I called more than 6 times they get me on gold for hours and just wasting my time , just had brake in and lost more than $6000 . I'm a car dealer in Raleigh NC, don't be cheap and use this person

May 01, 2019

Aiham,we apologize for the recent experience when attempting to complete a service call. At Brinks Home Security we strive to ensure each customer experience is better than the last. Your satisfaction means the world to us and our customer service team is dedicated to satisfying all of our customers. With this being said, I"d like to look into this matter further. If you could please send me a direct email with the account information to [email protected] and i would be more than happy to research and resolve this matter amicably. -Jacob B

Brenda Conlon
April 23rd, 2019 Vancouver, WA DETAILS

1.Brinks has been taking more money out of my account monthly then authorized . When I called I was told they do this when they upgrade there equipment. When ask to talk to supervisor because I signed a contract that states one amount for 60 months and they decide to charge me more I'm disconnected . I'm forced to get attorney . thank God I kept my contract . 2. The service works part of the time and when you call no one can help you . 3. Tried to cancel when they switch from alarm .com to brinks and i was told I had to pay 60 months . but they can steal money from me monthly .

Jul 24, 2018

Brenda, This is the exact opposite kind of experience we strive to provide to all our customers. We will be sure to look into this matter regarding your account, even though we are sorry to hear you are wanting to cancel please allow us to fix this. I have located your account with us. I will be sure to reach out to you to resolve this matter accordingly. I look forward discussing your concerns with you. -Jacob B

Tj
April 23rd, 2019 Glen Burnie, MD DETAILS

What Customer service? It is the worst ever imagined. When you ask to speak to a manager they give you a bogus excuse as to why you cannot speak to one. In addition, to cancel an alarm you're put on hold and transferred for an extended amount of time, which ends up with an officer being dispatched. I honestly can not wait until my contact is over.

Apr 25, 2019

Tj, We apologize we were not able to give you the best possible experience when speaking with us. We do have a option in our automated phone system to cancel a false alarm if need be. I'd like to look into this matter further, if you could please send me a direct message on here with your account information. I will be happy to assist you further. -Jacob B

Amanda Nichols
April 23rd, 2019 Daphne, AL DETAILS

Horrible service and horrible experience! We were told all equipment was part of our $59 a month fee only to find out that we financed $1400 worth of equipment through a third party charging interest and would be billed separately from the $59 a month. To top that we were supposed to have a smart lock in our package which was not included upon arrival of the tech and when calling customer service about it I was transferred 4 times and no one could help me other than to say if we wanted it we had to pay for it extra. There is absolutely no free equipment even with a contract. Then when the tech arrived he was late and said it was because he didn’t want to get up early on Saturday. Not to mention 2 of the cameras installed including the doorbell camera did not work and the tech said I would have to purchase a WIFI extender if I wanted them to work, he left after 6.5 hrs with half the equipment not working. Customer was unwilling to help so I cancelled and then it got worse. They said I (a 5ft woman) would have to take down and uninstall ALL the equipment and mail it back to them to not be charged. So they expect me to climb ladders and take down 4 cameras at the top of my house, remove and replace the doorbell camera , remove motion sensors and alarm panel. Wow!!! Unbelievable!!! Well I told them if they could not give me my equipment and make sure it all worked I would go to another provider and they made no attempt to save me as a new customer so that’s exactly what I did. Now I have 3X the equipment for a third of the cost!!! I would never recommend going with this company and have filed a complaint with the BBB. I am contemplating sending out a social media blast to everyone to share this experience and make sure no one has to go through this!

May 01, 2019

Amanda,we apologize for the recent experience when attempting to complete a service call. At Brinks Home Security we strive to ensure each customer experience is better than the last. Your satisfaction means the world to us and our customer service team is dedicated to satisfying all of our customers. With this being said, I"d like to look into this matter further. If you could please send me a direct email with the account information to [email protected] and i would be more than happy to research and resolve this matter amicably. -Jacob B

Dave Howard
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Most horrendous customer service and hardware imaginable. Absolutely infuriating. I had the system installed when I built my home in 2011 when it was Monitronics. I couldn’t wait for that contract to end because the equipment was terrible. I attempted to cancel, but the company switched to brinks and I was reassured the new equipment would be superior. It wasn’t. It’s garbage. At least 4-5 times a day a get a screaming loud obnoxious warning alarm because the unit won’t connect to cellular service. I called numerous times and was told that it would be $60 for them to send a technician to fix their own product. After a heated telephone call, which was well over an hour long, they said a tech. Tech comes, who was awesome, and told me my wall Unit was bad and not receiving the cell signal. He replaced an antennae and and said that I should call immediately if I continue to have issues. It wasn’t two days later that the issues came back. Again, 4-5 times a day and ear piercing, dog aggravating, neighbor complaining alarm would go off. I called them once, was hung up on after 45 minutes. Called back again and, again, 30 minutes on hold. I explained to them the technician told me the unit was bad and I needed a new one. They remotely turned off the shrieking alarm and told me it was fixed. FIVE MINUTES LATER, the problem persists and I call them back. Another 30 minutes on the phone. I explained the problem, and their response was maybe I should call their tech directly. Like I kept his number like we were drinking buddies. I am now looking for an attorney to get me out of this contract and get reimbursed for the few months I’ve had a faulty system. They’re customer service is god awful, and their equipment is garbage. Don’t waste your time or money with them.

Apr 25, 2019

Dave,we apologize for the recent experience when attempting to complete a service call. At Brinks Home Security we strive to ensure each customer experience is better than the last. Your satisfaction means the world to us and our customer service team is dedicated to satisfying all of our customers. With this being said, I"d like to look into this matter further. If you could please send me a direct email with the account information to [email protected] and i would be more than happy to research and resolve this matter amicably.

Sandra
April 22nd, 2019 Florence, AZ DETAILS

@JayA, Chief Customer Officer for Brinks: I am incredibly unhappy with Brinks. I originally signed up with Monotronics and found them to be great. Now that Brinks bought the company name/ company I am not a happy customer. Their customer service is very questionable and at times rude. I am having an issue with some of my equipment and they can't figure out what is wrong with it, so I have to pay to have someone come fix their faulty system. When I asked if I could lower our bill a little they said no because I am under contract. So shady! They think I'm stuck with their crapy company so why help us out by lowering our bill at all. I will be counting down the days until we can part from them once and for all! Why wouldn't they want to retain customers instead of running them off.

Apr 25, 2019

Sandra, We are sorry to hear of the negative experience when attempting to cancel your account. At Brinks Home Security we care for the satisfaction of all of our customers. Hearing of the system issues you had during your time with us is alarming to say the least. Nonetheless we would love to look into this matter and provide an amicable resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you as soon as possible. -Jacob B

Roary S. Walsh
April 18th, 2019 Mission Viejo, CA DETAILS

Well...pay close attention any prospective purchaser of home security, because this story will hopefully cause you to be revulsed by this company and their concomitant dyspeptic approach to business. Years ago I joined the parade of security providers that perambulated past my home, seeking clear cut evidence that the subject property security was in a state of disarray. Suffice it to say that my Monitronics sign was as disheveled as it could get. Did anyone from Monitronics/Brinks ever drive by the homes of their cash paying customers. I think not. Therefore, I was bombarded with new companies making their way into the market, getting a tranche of the burgeoning business. Further, I chose not to be the victim in a business deal or for that matter a stepping stone to propel someone else's business to Empyrean Heights at my expense. I hardly ever heard from Monitronics or Brinks, whatever their allonym might be today. I fell prey to the Monitronics spiel about cost effective/affordable, sedulous security. They provided a paucity of replacement transponders, motion sensors, etc. and basically only changed the Monitoring control box. I paid them relentlessly without cessation, before I came to the conclusion that I had been fleeced. The battery's go out relatively frequently in their transponders and they charge $85/visit to fix their own units, along with the cost of a sensor that they never installed in the first place.. Go figure. Each month, I watch my money fly out of my automatic with-drawl account into the hands of these malefactors. When they arbitrarily began raising the monthly price with prior approval for with-drawl of monies, I knew it was time to change providers. I happened to notice that ADT was becoming very active in the market and I changed to their company in an effort to be fulfilled in my demand for proper security. I immediately called Monitronics/Brinks and cancelled a contract that had reverted to a month to month contract, having fulfilled all terms of the primary contract. They continued billing my account claiming a verbal cancellation didn't count. In frustration, I called the billing department and told them to cancel my contract...again. They said that I could cancel only with a written cancellation and proration of the upcoming month's bill, along with $65 to cancel a month to month contract. Their service was cut, "actually cut", and they never even called. They weren't even privy to their security not working. They kept billing as if they were providing service. I had given them constructive notice of cancellation calling from a provided number that they could identify with their caller-id. They were still billing me because I wouldn't sign their emailed DocuSign document, which specified that you had to initial the document at the outset to see the body of content, otherwise the docky wouldn't open. Oh yeah, the document seems to indicate that by initialing the document to open the body, you are accepting everything that follows. I would not sign this automatic affirmation of the fees that the billing department were including in the cancellation agreement. Rather, I telephoned again telling them that I declined to sign the cancellation agreement for the aforementioned reasons. However, in no uncertain terms, I imparted my cancellation, without tergiversation. They once again claimed that constructive notice only consisted of a written document and they kept trying to bill me. I stopped all payments through my checking account and don't intend to pay these people of moral turpitude. Oh, one more thing, I did call again to speak with a supervisor with decision making capability, but could only get through to another minion that couldn't resolve the issue. Out of conciliatory compunction, I offered to pay the prorated month, just to allay their concerns and allow all to move on with life. No Dice. They were adamantine about concluding the disagreement with an equitable payment for the prorated month, absent the unjust enrichment of the cancellation fee. Down went the line in the sand. So... I finally did send a letter of cancellation to remedy the situation and I filed with the Better Business Bureau, something I've never felt reductive enough to do in the past. I have received calls from Monitronics/Brinks threating to send the $122.11 to collections if I don't pay. Obstreperous, semiliterate, and refractory aren't large enough to circumscribe their hubris. If you can find a more amenable security provider, then it would be to your advantage to opt for them. Above you'll see One (1) star as a performance factor rating. I used that because negative numbers and the null set were not available. Good luck and God Bless those that find this missive. Veritas Lux Mea

Apr 22, 2019

Roary,The experience described in your review is the complete opposite of what we expect from our customer service team. I will be sure sure to provide feedback for coaching as our customer loyalty department. In regards to your verbal cancellation, we as security company do not accept verbal cancellations to ensure not any random person can call in and cancel your life saving services. At Brinks Home Security we monitor for emergency signals and so if you let ADT into your home willing with your alarm disarmed we wouldn't call you. . I would love to research this matter and provide a resolution but I have not been able locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] and I will be sure sure to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Linda Slone
April 18th, 2019 Surprise, AZ DETAILS

Absolutely awful service, technicians who don't know which end is up. I am waiting for a contract to see what way I can get OUT of paying them for the non-service they provide. Very sad that people have to be deceptive in order to get business but I made a huge mistake by ever letting them into my home.

Apr 22, 2019

Linda, Here at Brinks Home we strive to ensure each experience is better than the next. We never like to hear when a customer wants to cancel as we care for your satisfaction. With this being said I'd like to look into this matter further but unfortunately, I could not locate your account. If you could please send me a email to [email protected] with your account information and I will reach out to asap. Thank you and have a great day. -Jacob B

Karin jones
April 15th, 2019 Columbus, GA DETAILS

After setting off my alarm accidentally the last few months I never received a call. With monitronics i received a call within minutes to check whether I am ok. Each time I called I was told they had the wrong phone number, that’s why I did not receive a call. So each time we updated the phone number. This morning I set it off accidentally again, no phone call. So I call, they say they did not receive an alarm and sent me to technical support. After waiting for 20 minutes to talk to a representative about my now 9 months long issue I finally talk to a technical support lady. It took her 20 minutes to even find my type of panel. We then were on the phone for another useless 20 more minutes when I requested repeatedly to speak to a supervisor, because she obviously could not help me. She hung up on me!! So meanwhile I decide to try my system again since she updated again my phone number! Again no call back. So I call again, stating Situation to another technical „specialist“, she tells me she will connect me to technical support. She was technical support! When questioned she said she will give me a phone number to another technical support that can handle my problem! I repeated the phone number she gave me to be on the safe side. Call that number and it is not in service! By now it has been two hours on the phone with more incompetence than I ever experienced!! Calling for the 4th time now, long story short I was told she received my alarm signal, but if I disarm it their policy is not to call back. They assume I am fine!! I told her that was not what I signed up for with monitronics. What if someone forced me to turn off the alarm at gun point? Monitronics told me in case of trouble to say the wrong password and they will immediately dispatch police!! So she graciously made a note in my account stating I wanted a call back every time. So why took it nine months for someone to tell me about this policy? Oh, and then it was suggested I get a land line, so they could get in contact with me!!! Monitronics never had a problem getting in contact with me with only my cellphone!! To say I am completely upset is an understatement!!! I will certainly not renew my contract with them!!

Apr 22, 2019

Karin, Our customer tech support team is a dedicated team that strives to resolve matters to the best of their ability, as some issues require a technician to come out to the home. We care for your satisfaction at Brinks Home. Please allow me to assist you in this matter further and help get you the access you need. If you could please send me an email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Debbie Akery
April 15th, 2019 Dixon, MO DETAILS

On March 8, 2019 I contacted Brinks to inquire about upgrading my security system that I have had with them since 2005, formerly Monitronics. An offer was made, I accepted a new three year contract with the stipulation I would receive a newly updated system in my home. Please keep in mind that I have not been on a contract for many years. I have been paying month-by-month. Many phone calls have transpired since March 8, all of which have been handled negligently by Brinks. Many promises have been made, and not kept. Under no circumstances do I want to do business with Brinks after how they have treated us. We are long standing customers and deserve to be treated fairly. I have made many phone calls to cancel the service since March 8. One of which was on March 28, 2019. The representative in the Loyalty Department pleaded with me to stay. He offered to take $100 off the install and to have a different contractor install our new system. I accepted and yet again, Brinks failed to follow through on their end of the deal. He was not able to get a different contractor to install the system, so I called and made the final cancellation on April 4, 2019. The representative in the Loyalty Department told me that I can cancel the service install and that would cancel my new contract! I have now received a notice from Brinks that says I cannot cancel because my contract does not end until 3/8/2022. How can I be in a new contract when I did not get my new system installed. I CANCELLED IT, THEREFORE MY CONTRACT IS CANCELLED. I cannot ever consider Brinks service again. It seems that Brinks needs to further train their representatives on good customer service and they need to improve their business practices. I will fight this as long as it takes and involve attorneys and the Better Business Bureau.

Apr 22, 2019

Alicia, At Brinks Home Security we never like to hear when a customer calling to cancel simply because we strive for satisfaction in all of our customers. In regards to our 30 day cancellation process. This is due to us Brinks Home notifying your local municipalities that you no longer receiving monitoring services and which stops you from receiving false alarm fees. Please know that we want to ensure we get a speedy resolution to this matter. I have located an account based off of the information provided. I will be reach out to you as soon as possible. -Jacob B

Alicia M.
April 11th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I moved from Sacramento to San Diego in June. During that transition Livewatch was acquired by Brinks. My experience with Livewatch was good, but it was when Brinks took over that I have an issue. I froze my account until I would have time to set up the security system in my new house. Due to circumstances out of my control I was unable to set that up, but Brinks meanwhile unfroze my account and began charging me monthly. On 3 different occasions, I called and told the sales rep I wanted to cancel. When the sales rep transferred me to an account manager the call would go dead! 3 separate times. On my fourth attempt (this is a few months later, & lots of money in), I finally got through to an account manager. Initially she said she was going to lower my monthly payments and get me a free pro install if I wanted to keep their service. I asked her if she would please reimburse me for the months I was paying for a service that I was not being provided. She put me on hold for a while, and when she came back she had the gull to tell me that no I wouldn't get reimbursed at all and that they would just cancel my account for me. They must have seen how much FREE money they received. She said this is based on the simple fact that I hadn't been in contact with them since June and that they have special call tracking to know that. THIS WAS SO FALSE. I had an appointment install in October! I told her the call tracking was inaccurate, and she said no maam you haven't contacted us since June? What?! How confrontational and accusatory. Long story short I told her go ahead and cancel my account. I was willing to try Brinks. But based on them being MONEY desperate not reimbursing me, when they could have simply accommodated me and given me back money for a service I paid for and didn't receive , I cannot ever consider their services. CUSTOMER SERVICE 101 don't EVER accuse a customer of something! It seems that Brinks needs to further train their representatives on good customer service and they need to improve their business practices.

Apr 22, 2019

Alicia,The experience described in your review is the complete opposite of what we expect from our customer service team. I will be sure sure to provide feedback for coaching as our customer service is a big part of our service. I would love to research this matter and provide a resolution but I have not been able locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] and I will be sure sure to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Philip
April 9th, 2019 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS

Beware of Brinks Cost Recovery Fee in their monthly billing to improve their technology. For me that is 2.77% on top of their regular monthly "24-hr monitoring." When I equated that as being akin to a cabbie charging a $1.00 Gasoline Recouping Fee in addition to the meter charge of $35.00. There response was . . . a lengthy pause.

Apr 11, 2019

Phillip, We apologize if there was a misrepresentation regarding our billing. We never intend for a customer to be misinformed and we would love the opportunity to shed some clarity on things. If you could please send me a direct message on here with your account information and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Joe
April 8th, 2019 Utica, MI DETAILS

Awful costomer support. Going around and around to get situation handled. Not returning calls.

Apr 09, 2019

Joe, We a apologize to hear of your recent experience with us. We never mean for a customer to feel like they are getting the runaround. I'd like to help make this better, if you could please send me a direct message on here with your account info and I will be happy to reach to ya. -Jacob B

Amy Baker
April 4th, 2019 Decatur, TX DETAILS

Horrible. Contract issues. They can't tell me how long of a contract I'm in after the switch from MONI. They can't tell me when my contract ends. Sometime they say in 24 months then another rep will say I'm in a 4 yr contract. I've asked them to send me paperwork and they can't. They've changed all my online bills to reflect Brinks and all to reflect that I've lived in the same home address except I've not lived in the same home. The customer service reps do not provide any information. My bills keeps changing. AVOID THIS Company.

Apr 08, 2019

Amy, The experience described in your review is the complete opposite of what we expect from our customer service team. I will be sure sure to provide feedback for coaching as our customer service is a big part of our service. I would love to research this matter and provide a resolution but I have not been able locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] and I will be sure sure to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

LINDA OCONNOR
April 4th, 2019 Rocky Mount, NC DETAILS

Brinks was fine until you want to cancel. They have your payment set up on auto pay and will not send the needed documents to cancel. They say they need 30 days from your signed document to cancel but will never send the document for you to sign. It is absolutely BAD business with days and hours of confirming information to get nowhere!!! I guess that is their way of having LIFETIME CUSTOMERS...

Apr 08, 2019

Linda, We are sorry to hear of this negative experience you had with our customer loyalty team. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one and we strive to satisfy our customers day in and day out. In regards to our cancellation process, we would never keep you cancelling your account as you can cancel at any time. With this being said please allow me assist you further in the matter. If you could please send me a direct email with your account information and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

CLAIRE BARRETT
April 3rd, 2019 Savannah, GA DETAILS

Absolutely APPALLING customer service and shoddy workmanship. Never, ever use these disrespectful scam artists

Apr 08, 2019

Claire, Here at Brinks Home Security we strive to ensure we are being upfront and honest in all of our doing as that is the reason all calls are recorded here. Nonetheless we would like to turn this negative review into a positive one. If you'd like assistance in resolving this matter please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Linda B
April 3rd, 2019 Bethel, CT DETAILS

DO NOT do business with this company. They bought the Brinks name for its market recognition and reputation. They were Monitronics and obviously ruined that brand's reputation. Their business practices are slimy. They are pushy and not above lying during the sales process. They are impossible to get rid of once they think they have a contract with you. They will extort you to pay out the full contract if you try to cancel - and be VERY insistent about it. I had to resort to the Better Business Bureau. They obviously don't care about their reputation as long as they get money. I ended up making a token payment, against my better judgement, as it became apparent they were not going to go away otherwise. BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!

Apr 08, 2019

We are sorry to hear of this negative experience you had with our customer loyalty team. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one and we strive to satisfy our customers day in and day out. In regards to your contract, we only hold you to the terms in which you agreed and had a responsibility to read. Nonetheless please allow me assist you further in the matter to come to an amicable resolution. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

B Rayman
April 2nd, 2019 Knoxville, TN DETAILS

Terrible customer service and technicians just want to get the installation done as quickly as possible. Our system was moved from our vacation home to our permanent home. The rear access panel and stand are missing. The upper right side of the front panel now does not snap together—damaged during the uninstall. Should be an easy fix but I keep getting transferred to another department and finally back to Power Home Technology where we purchased the equipment (before they were acquired by Brinks). All of this for a few little pieces of plastic.

Apr 05, 2019

Brenda, We never like to hear when a customers installation did not go as planned. We want nothing more than to protect our customers home. In review of the account I see that we have spoke regarding matter. If there is anything we can do to further assist in this matter please feel free to reach out to us. -Jacob B

Jonathan Bremseth
April 2nd, 2019 Algonquin, IL DETAILS

For some reason my first review here was truncated. Hopefully this repeated effort will be complete. Below is a review I posted with Consumer Affairs Original review: March 7, 2019 In April of 2018 I installed an alarm system from LiveWatch.com (now part of Brinks) and it worked well enough until January of 2019 when a sensor on my sliding door started alarming for no reason. I called Brinks and after troubleshooting the Brinks Representative decided to ship out a replacement sensor for my sliding door. On January 16 I received notification that a replacement was on the way. The sensor I received on January 18th could not be installed on a sliding door since it was the recessed type that would be appropriate for a solid core wood door. I called Brinks that day and explained the situation. The representative didn't understand why that type of sensor was sent out for a sliding door and they promised to send me the appropriate sensor and instructed me to return the incorrect sensor using a return label that would be included with that shipment. On February 9th I still had not received the replacement sensor and call Brinks yet again. They apologized and promised to ship out the sensor and I received an email stating that Brinks had started "the exchange". On February 25th I received an email with a tracking number that stated my order had shipped. On February 27th I received the following email: “Reminder - Your return is almost due. Jonathan, Just a reminder that your return (**) is due back in 10 days. If we have not received the return item by that time we will charge your credit card for the amount of the replacement items. Reminder - Your return is almost due.” On March 7th I received the following email: “Jonathan, Just a reminder that your return (**) is due back in 10 days. If we have not received the return item by that time we will charge your credit card for the amount of the replacement items.” On March 7, 2019 I called Brinks yet again and tried to explain that I had not received the sensor. After 45 minutes on the phone and being put on hold numerous times, I was told the shipment had been shipped to an address in Georgia (I live in Illinois), the representative told me I should contact the USPS and have them redirect the package to my correct address. They tried to tell me that they shipped it to the address in Georgia because that was what they had on file as my "billing address". I've never lived in Georgia and the shipping address was verified each and every time I spoke with Brinks. I finally had enough and informed the rep that I wished to cancel my monitoring service and was transferred to that department (I bet they are busy). I was informed that my contract was up in 30 days and if I cancelled before that time, I would have to return all the equipment. I told the rep that I wished to cancel in one month and that this was my 30 day notice which was another requirement of the contract. To which he replied I would have to call back in 30 days to cancel and then my 30 day notice would apply. So basically, the year long contract you sign up for is really 13 months or you must return all the equipment. Extremely frustrating and poor customer service. Run don't walk away from Brinks as a choice in a home monitoring service. You can do so much better. Buy your equipment from a big box store and shop who you will deal with. This industry is under extreme financial pressure and it shows with some of the players out there. On a positive note, I did like the equipment that I installed with LiveWatch.com's assistance. Jacob B from Brinks replied to that original review with the same useless words you will see in all of his responses. It is now April 2019 and I still haven’t heard from Jacob B

Apr 02, 2019

Jonathan, I apologize that you feel this way regarding your services. I myself has attempted to reach out to 3 times now as well as sent you letter regarding the multiple phone calls. If you would like to resolve this matter with our office please reach out to me at the number provided via letter. If for some reason you did not receive my letter please feel free to email me at [email protected] Thank you and have a wonderful day. -Jacob B

Mekenzie & Matt
April 2nd, 2019 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

My husband and I had MONI as a security system which was switched over to BRINKS. We called a few months ago to cancel service due to financial hardship. We were told we were on Contract for another 29months. I asked what the cancellation fee would be and I was told we would have to pay out our contract. I have never heard of this and honestly this is bad customer service. We then explained our frustration that we are paying $76 when others with the same plans are paying much cheaper. We asked for a lower cost. The sales rep said she could do this and we would be paying $64 plus tax which she said would not be very much. We got a bill that said $71 plus a letter in the mail that they extended our service another year. WE NEVER AGREED TO EXTEND OUR CONTRACT for a 5 dollar discount. Why would we call to cancel and then end up agreeing to be with this company another year for a 5 dollar discount a month. When we called this morning they said there was nothing they could do because we agreed, which we DID NOT. When we told them to review the phone call they shied away and said they would have a manger review it. We even said put our bill back to what it was and don't extend our contract and they said they can not do that. We want out and this company is so unfair and shady.

Apr 08, 2019

Mekenzie & Matt, We are sorry to hear of this negative experience you had with our customer loyalty team. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one and we strive to satisfy our customers day in and day out. With this being said please allow me assist you further in the matter. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Leticia
March 29th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

What ever you do DO NOT get BRINKS for your Security Company, This company is the WORST COMPANY I have done business with the employees are very unprofessional and rude I was with Brinks because the original company changed the name to MONI and then Moni to BRINKS. I called to let them know my Entry pad was not working properly never send someone to check it . I had the same service for 10 Years. Now in 2019 a competition offered me a new equipment at the same price. I called told them my situation and they told me they will not replace my equipment neither they will give me a better price so I ask to cancel the service. The representative was very RUDE and she told OK its cancelled. I sign a contract with the other contract and all the equipment is replaced.I get billed the next month and I called and they tell me they don't take cancelations over the phone. I have to send a letter another month goes by and they charge me again. I called wait on hold for 32 min then talked to a rep just to get more upset they say I have to pay for the month of services I already had canceled the say that I have to pay them 60 days of service (without service) . In my way of seeing this, I was obligated to send a letter even after they ask for account number, address, password, name etc. etc. Still being billed my bill is now $362.30. WHAT IS IT THAT A CUSTOMER NEEDS TO DO TO CANCEL..THEY DONT CARE THEY CONTINUE TO BILL YOU UNTIL THEY WANT TO ALL THEY HAVE TO SAY OUR NOTES DONT SAY THAT AND WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY LETTER. according to them I have to pay. I DONT think is right they MANIPULATE THE CUSTOMER. IS IMPOSIBLE TO CANCEL

Mar 29, 2019

April, We are so sorry to hear of the negative experience when requesting to cancel your services. Please know that we strive to ensure each experience is better than the next. We never mean to make any request a difficult one. I would be happy to look this matter further but unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account. If you could please send me a direct message on here with your information and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Becky
March 27th, 2019 Emmett, ID DETAILS

This is the most crooked place that I have done business with. I have not lived in my house for over a year. I had the system for 2 years previous to moving and I am still having to pay 50.00 a month. When I called today they said that I still have 28 more months to pay.

Mar 29, 2019

Becky,,Hearing of this recent expiernce with us is the opposite of what we strive to provide our customers. In our customer loyalty department they assist all of our long time customers like yourself with things like upgrades, lower rates etc. We apologize that we don't reach out to customers regarding upgrade because in all honesty most customers love there equipment and reach out to us if they have any concerns or improvement on there level of security. Nonetheless we truly never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said allow me to assist you in this matter but I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be happy to assist you.f you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

Tommy
March 26th, 2019 Lafayette, LA DETAILS

I figured I'd just go with Brink's for my cameras since I was already with Monitronics but that was a BIG mistake! It worked fine for a couple months and now either I don't receive the notice for my doorbell cam at all or I get it an hour after they ring it. I have called numerous times for issues with the same thing on my driveway cam but all they do is reset it and it works for a day or so then back to not working. I even call at night and get recording that the offices are closed when they say they are open. What a mess!!!

Mar 29, 2019

Tommy,,Hearing of this recent expiernce with us is the opposite of what we strive to provide our customers. In our customer loyalty department they assist all of our long time customers like yourself with things like upgrades, lower rates etc. We apologize that we don't reach out to customers regarding upgrade because in all honesty most customers love there equipment and reach out to us if they have any concerns or improvement on there level of security. Nonetheless we truly never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said allow me to assist you in this matter but I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be happy to assist you.f you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

M
March 26th, 2019 Silverdale, WA DETAILS

I cancelled my no commitment account that was originally with live watch an still 2 months later I am still being charged a monthly fee. The cancellation was process by Tyshona B which was confirmed today by Tayia in their billing department. Tayia stayed the account was cancelled 2 months ago., However for some reason it was still “active “ and there was notshe would do about that. Nice work. I had to cancel my CC to get the billing to stop. Maybe the Feds can do something with these people.

Mar 26, 2019

M, We are so sorry to hear of the negative experience when requesting to cancel your services. Please know that we strive to ensure each experience is better than the next. We never mean to make any request a difficult one. I would be happy to look this matter further but unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account. If you could please send me a direct message on here with your information and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Jannette
March 26th, 2019 New Orleans, LA

Easy to sell, imposible to cancel service. I have been trying for months to cancel the service that my mom is not using anylonger and we continue receiving bills. I was told that we were going to receive a refund, but instead we continue to receive bills. I dont recommend this service to anyone.

Mar 26, 2019

Janette,We are so sorry to hear of the negative experience when requesting to cancel your services. Please know that we strive to ensure each experience is better than the next. We never mean to make any request a difficult one. I would be happy to look this matter further but unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account. If you could please send me a direct message on here with your information and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Maria Esponda
March 26th, 2019 DETAILS

After having the service for 3 years I needed to cancel the service. I have been trying to do that since january 2019 and it is impossible to get rid of them. They are committed to keep you as a client and will do anything not to cancel the service. I am still waiting for the cancellation and has been charged for 2 months after I made the first call, Please look for another company that actually respects the clients.

Mar 26, 2019

Maria,We are so sorry to hear of the negative experience when requesting to cancel your services. Please know that we strive to ensure each experience is better than the next. We never mean to make any request a difficult one. I would be happy to look this matter further but unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account. If you could please send me a direct message on here with your information and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Keith
March 19th, 2019 DeBary, FL DETAILS

I was recently out of town when I received a call at 5 am that my alarm went off because of the front door. They dispatched the police as I asked. Good thing I have cameras and was able to see the police actually at my house. I never received a call to report what the police had found or what action had been taken with the security system. When I arrived home a few days later the system was just beeping rapidly. The sensor on the front door went bad and caused a false alarm. I called Brinks and they wanted to send me another sensor for me to install. I’ve done this once before and was never able to get it to work so I didn’t want to do this. So now I bypass the 2 non working sensors and when I come in the house when the system is on the alarm goes off, of course. To add insult to injury I received a fine from the police department for the false alarm, first time, because my system was not registered with the sheriffs department. Why wasn’t I made aware of this requirement. I am now shopping for another security company and have read the negative reviews about trying to cancel Brinks service. I had Monitronics for years and never really had a problem.

Mar 29, 2019

Kieth, please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. We strive to ensure each customer is satisfied to the best of our ability. We apologize if this was not the case for you, nonetheless we are happy to investigate your concerns and provide a resolution. I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct message or email at [email protected] and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Jason LeGore
March 18th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS

First things first, I fully admit that I was dumb to even consider a home security system. When the vast majority of homes will never be broken into in the first place and having a home security system really does not change the outcome because the crime will have already occurred by the time the alarm company contacts YOU. That is right, they contact YOU not the police. Lets say you are one of the few people to have their home burglarized. The average damage/loss is not as much as the annual cost of having a system in your home. Brinks/Monetronics/Elite are the business of scamming people. They change their name every couple of years to hide from the lawsuits and bad reviews that follow them around. I allowed my ex-wife to start a 5 year contract with whatever name they were scamming people under at the time. The only way to get out of the contract is to pay the full amount still remaining. So lets say you have the account for four months when you realize how stupid it is to pay over $50 per month for a service that has false alarms and other glitches constantly. You call this company and say that it is not working out and you want to cancel. The only way to cancel is to pay every monthly payment for the next 4.5 years which is thousands of dollars. The customer service center is rude and tells you that you are dumb because you are not honoring the contract. When you show them that they are not honoring the contract by consistently having malfunctions or because you requested they move your service from one address to another and they failed to do it. I moved six months ago and have tried to get Brinks to honor their end of the contract but they still charge me over fifty dollars a month for service I have not received. The employees in their call center will lie to you when you request to speak to a supervisor. I had a "Tiara" lie to me for over half an hour saying she is the top of the line and she does not have a supervisor. She continued this game which was comical because from her grammar and syntax I am fairly certain she cannot even read english. After a half hour of her lies she transferred me to her supervisor who was very rude and insulting. She told me that I would be better off just hanging up then trying to get money back because they have such a massive volume of complaints and dissatisfied customers that they do not accept fault, provide refunds, or provide solutions for customers who have been wronged. She stated that Brinks just expects people to pay every month no matter whether or not they have received the service they are paying for. She was insulting and rude the entire time. Be smarter then I have been and DON'T HAVE A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM BECAUSE THEY ARE POINTLESS AND DO NOT ADD SECURITY....they actually delay the response of emergency responders because the alarm company has understaffed support lines and they spend the first several minutes calling the client not calling for assistance during your emergency. If you are going to make the mistake of being conned by a home security company make sure it is anybody other than BRINKS/MONETRONICS/ELITE or whatever name they are going by that day. Any company that changes their name this often is obviously hiding from something. They lie and look at all of these reviews...they say "this is the opposite of what we try to do and everyone loves us".....How about you just start letting people cancel their plans and stop being such a dishonest and difficult company. Word of mouth will surely be the end of these idiots.

Mar 29, 2019

Jason,At brinks home security your safety and satisfaction mean the world to us. In regards to our dispatch process we actually offer the both, meaning we can call you directly to identify if you need assistance or immediately dispatch but this is of course upon request. The reason this is upon request is because 95% of our customers choose this option when activating and this great reduces your chances of being fined by your city for having false alarms. In regards to your 5 year agreement, we certainly do offer a 30 change your mind policy in your agreement that most companies on offer 3 business days. If there are any issues with your system we have dedicated customer tech support that can assist you in trouble shooting almost all matters and for the ones that require a technician, you equipment do come with a lifetime warranty that takes care of parts, labor etc. We apologize about the experience described when speaking to "Tiara" I am more than happy to investigate this matter further for you and provide a resolution. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided, if you could please send me a private message on here with your account information and I will be happy to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

APRIL
March 14th, 2019 Daphne, AL DETAILS

On August 28,2014 I signed up for a security system through Monitronics or Alarm.com paying $49 for 60 months. I had no issues for years, then one day I had a card left on my door telling me that my new security company was Brinks and that I should call them about an upgrade or the new special rate because my contract was up soon. So I called. But when I called they said my contract was not up for a few years. So, I asked about the special rate of $29, which they happily set me up on. Fast forward to last May, I call and ask for my contract to see when it ends because I was putting my home on the market to sell, they sent it to me (ending in July 2019). I even called in the beginning of February to confirm this and set up the customer service department with the name of the person buying my home so he could switch the last remaining 5 months of the contract into his name after closing. So, yesterday, the new owner calls to set it up and he is informed that there is 29 months left on my contract, which he is not willing to do, because he has been using Vivint in the past and wants to stay with them. I would too after the past 24 hours of talking with the customer service department at Brinks. They are the rudest and most argumentative people I have ever dealt with! They all claim that when I called and got the lower rate, that I agreed to a 24 month extension, but refuse to play the call for me. They say, that their manager listened to it and verified it, so what do I want to do now? They even said I would have to get a lawyer and a court order to be able to listen to it. All while constantly asking, once you hear it, what are you gonna do then? I would steer clear from signing up with Brinks Home Security if you are researching or considering them. They also will not send out a technician when you get low batteries just as a FYI, which I was told they would. That is left up to you to figure out where to buy batteries and where to stick them. I know where I would like to stick them, that is for sure!

Mar 29, 2019

April,,Hearing of this recent expiernce with us is the opposite of what we strive to provide our customers. In our customer loyalty department they assist all of our long time customers like yourself with things like upgrades, lower rates etc. We apologize that we don't reach out to customers regarding upgrade because in all honesty most customers love there equipment and reach out to us if they have any concerns or improvement on there level of security. Nonetheless we truly never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said allow me to assist you in this matter but I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be happy to assist you.f you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

Eric C Fundin
March 13th, 2019 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

IN THE MONTH OF JANUARY BRINKS DOUBLE CHARGED ME, ONE CHARGE UNDER MONITRONICS AND THE OTHER UNDER BRINKS. I CALLED THEM BEFORE I CALLED THE BANK EXPLAINING TO THEM THAT MY ACCOUNT WAS DOUBLE CHARGED AND THAT IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED! I TOLD THEM THAT I KNEW THAT MONITRONICS WAS BOUGHT BY THEM AND THAT THEY WERE NOW MONITORING THE SYSTEM BUT THAT THEIR SYSTEM DOUBLE CHARGED ME. ONE OF THEIR TECHS LOOKED INTO IT AND SAID THAT I WAS RIGHT AND THEN SPOKE TO HER SUPERVISOR AND THEN GOT BACK TO ME TELLING ME THAT IT WAS ALL TAKEN CARE OF AND THAT THE ACCOUNT WAS TO BE CREDITED I ALSO WENT TO MY BANK AND TOLD THEM TO BLOCK THE NAME OF MONITRONICS FROM HAVING ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT AND THAT ONLY BRINKS WAS TO HAVE THE ACCESS. NOW BRINKS IS SENDING ME A RETURN CHECK FEE FOR RETURNING THE MONEY THEY TOOK, AND THEN WHEN I SPOKE TO THEIR SUPERVISOR THEY SAID THAT A CHECK WAS WRITTEN OVER THE PHONE AND THAT THAT CHECK WAS RETURNED AND THAT RESULTED IN THE RETURN FEE! I TOLD HIM THAT I HAVE NEVER DONE A CHECK WITH THEM AND THAT I NEVER WILL AS IT IS ALL SET FOR AUTO PAY. THEN HE SAID THAT HE HAD ME ON A RECORDING SAYING THAT I GAVE THE OK TELLING THEM THAT THEY COULD ISSUE A CHECK FROM MY ACCOUNT. WHAT THE ?! I TOLD HIM THAT THE ACCOUNT WAS ORIGINALLY UNDER MY HUSBANDS NAME AND THAT THE ONLY TIMES THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A CALL FROM ME WAS WHEN I CALLED THEM AND TOLD THEM THAT HE PASSED ON OCTOBER 15TH OF 2019, AND THAT THE ACCOUNT NEEDED TO BE CHANGED INTO MY NAME AND, THE ONLY OTHER TIME THAT I EVER CALLED THEM WAS WHEN I TOLD THEM ABOUT THE RETURN FEE AND THE DOUBLE CHARGE. THE SUPERVISOR KEEPS TALKING OVER ME AND DID NOT ONE THING TO HELP ME OTHER THEN SAYING THAT THEY WOULD LOOK INTO IT AND THAT IT WOULD TAKE 2 BUSINESS DAYS. .. SOUNDS TO ME THE MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO LOOK INTO THEIR PROBLEMS A BIT CLOSER. AS THIS CUSTOMER IS THINKING OF CHANGING TO A DIFFERENT COMPANY.

Mar 29, 2019

Eric,We are so sorry to hear of the negative experience overall. Please know that we strive to ensure each experience is better than the next. We never mean to make any request a difficult one. I would be happy to look this matter further but unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account. If you could please send me a direct message on here with your information and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

E. Caron
March 12th, 2019 DETAILS

This company are the biggest scammers I have ever seen, scamming seniors and the disabled. Everyone need to read the social media posts about this company. I signed on with Monitronics over 25 years ago and had no idea Brinks had bought them out. I want to cancel my service with Brinks and I am not able to do that. Getting the run around on the phone for hours. They have the most rude customer service I have ever dealt with. They need to be investigated!! Dont fall for their scams people. Do your homework on this company, good place to start is Facebook. Everyone has the same complaints. They won't let you cancel, I have never heard of such a thing. They lie lie lie.

Mar 26, 2019

E Caron, Although we hate to see any of our customers go, we have taken steps to ensure our cancellation procedures are up to date, and user friendly; therefore, I apologize you have come across frustrations while canceling your services. Please send me your account information so I may contact you directly, and also review your account to help resolve this matter quickly. -Jacob B

Sean W
March 4th, 2019 New Orleans, LA DETAILS

Brinks’ “technicians” are absolutely incompetent! Days after our system was installed we started getting “low battery” alerts. First I called customer service and the representative told me I needed a new battery. I told her it was a new system but she insisted that the battery was bad and needed to be replaced. Rather than pay for a technician to come to the house I bought a battery and installed it with customer service on the phone for instructions. About 5 days later the low battery alert returned. When I called back the representative made me go through the exact same troubleshooting procedures (do they not take car notes?). At the end she concluded that the battery was bad and needed to be replaced. This time I opted for the field technician to visit. The field technician replaced the battery. The alert returned after 5 days. Another technician came. Alert returned in 5 days. Fed up I decided to look at it myself. I am NOT a security alarm technician. After about half an hour of tinkering I noticed that the 12 volt DC power supply called for a 16.5 volt AC input voltage. The plug in transformer powering the power supply is clearly marked 9 volts AC. The is elementary math! Basic troubleshooting!!!!!!!!! Complete and total incompetence. I am counting down the days to my contact expiration so I can move to Simplisafe. That’s the do-it-yourself alarm company. Apparently so is Brinks only they don’t advertise that and they charge twice as must (must be to pay their elite team of technicians)...

Mar 07, 2019

Sean,Hearing of this recent expiernce with us is the opposite of what we strive to provide our customers. In our customer loyalty department they assist all of our long time customers like yourself with things like upgrades, lower rates etc. We apologize that we don't reach out to customers regarding upgrade because in all honesty most customers love there equipment and reach out to us if they have any concerns or improvement on there level of security. Nonetheless we truly never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said allow me to assist you in this matter but I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. f you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

Thomas
March 1st, 2019 Olney, MD DETAILS

After years of using Moni, we decide to move expectantly in 2018. We started service August of 2003 so did not expect any issues will cancelling the system after all the system had only been updated once around 2008 or 9 so it was mostly obsolete anyway. We call to cancel the service and contacted Brinks in January to cancel the service. CANCELING THE SERVICE HAS BEEN ONE OF THE MOST HORRIBLE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES IN OUR LIVES! (Wish we could rate 0 stars.) We have talked to numerous Customer Service Reps, sent several emails, received numerous 'don't go" emails with new offerings from Brinks - despite our numerous requests that they simply cancel the service. We thought we cancelled in August 2018, however; a letter was sent saying we need to pay until 2021, which amount to quite a sum of money for a system that does not exist and cannot be used. We were told to make a payment in August 2018 and that would be it. This was not the case however as the bills keep rolling. Brinks will not let us out of this contract as we trying to save a few dollars a month on our very tight budget. NO ESCAPE even telling us to look at the original contract from 2003. Which I am sure had an out clause, however; we are not able to get a copy of any contracts and have not sign anything other than the original contract and the cancellation form. Mangers have since told us that we need to pay entire amount up to 2021 for monthly monitoring that does not exist. We do not need a system in the new house but that is the best they are offering. SICK!! Brinks must be in bad shape to extort money from long term customer like us. Customer service - and cancelling the service - is unbelievably bad … no bad is to good of a word. Have asked the company to refund payment since Aug 2018 and cancel non-existent system as no update needed or wanted.

Feb 27, 2019

Thomas,Hearing of this recent expiernce with us is the opposite of what we strive to provide our customers. In our customer loyalty department they assist all of our long time customers like yourself with things like upgrades, lower rates etc. We apologize that we don't reach out to customers regarding upgrade because in all honesty most customers love there equipment and reach out to us if they have any concerns or improvement on there level of security. Nonetheless we truly never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said allow me to assist you in this matter but I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be happy to assist you.f you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

Mandeep Singh
February 25th, 2019

The worst company if you have to end your services. One employee confirmed that my services has been ended and account is closed after I cold my house. I received a bill after three months for pending payment for three months (really ...they could not call or send letter earlier). The first employee never cancelled my services because second employee told me that their is a need for written confirmation to end services. Could not the first employee tell me this? Why she confirmed that services had been disconnected. This is a big rip off and government needs to take control of company's like these. The account managers are the worst. There are a lot of complaint about this similar issues and not sure why there is no law suits against it.

Anne G
February 22nd, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

After years of using Moni, we decided to cancel the service and contacted Brinks in January to cancel the service. CANCELING THE SERVICE HAS BEEN ONE OF THE MOST HORRIBLE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES IN OUR LIVES! (Wish we could rate 0 stars.) We have talked to numerous Customer Service Reps, sent several emails, received numerous 'don't go" emails with new offerings from Brinks - despite our numerous requests that they simply cancel the service. Today we received yet another email - this time saying we must make one more 'final' payment or we would continue to be charged for monthly monitoring. SICK!! This is all being done to an ill elderly woman. Run, don't walk from Brinks. Customer service - and cancelling the service - is unbelievably bad!

Feb 27, 2019

Anne G,Hearing of this recent expiernce with us is the opposite of what we strive to provide our customers. In our customer loyalty department they assist all of our long time customers like yourself with things like upgrades, lower rates etc. We apologize that we don't reach out to customers regarding upgrade because in all honesty most customers love there equipment and reach out to us if they have any concerns or improvement on there level of security. Nonetheless we truly never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said allow me to assist you in this matter but I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. f you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

Brian
February 21st, 2019 Rowlett, TX DETAILS

We were with First Alarm in Odessa for many years before they sold to Brinks. On 8-6-18 of this year, my wife called First Alarm in Odessa to close our account because we were selling our home and moving to another city. The local person at First Alarm said "Okay fine. You are done." A few months have passed and Brinks is still billing us on this account. I contacted the folks in Odessa at First Alarm who told my wife the account was closed, and they immediately shoved it off on Brinks. I called Brinks and they said we never responded to their docu-sign, so the account is still open. Today is the first time we have ever heard about the docu-sign cancellation requirement. We never received the email and they claim to have called us as well, but how can we answer the home phone that we closed the account on? They have my cell and never called me. I strongly recommend against using First Alarm or Brinks. Updated February 20, 2019: To those who read these reviews, please be advised that this company is deceptive in their responses to these surveys. If you follow this and other reviews, you will see how Brinks promptly responds with what looks like they are attempting to resolve an issue, and in my case answered by someone identifying themselves as Jacob B. I never heard from Jacob, and two months after completing the DocuSign. Now, Brinks mailed a notice for payment dated 2/9/19 to the old address, and we actually received at our new address 2/19/19. When I contacted Brinks today, 2/20/19, to discuss, they have added $5 late charge. Do not be misled by Brinks' responses to surveys.

Dec 23, 2018

Brian, We never like for a long time customer to feel this way, especially when it comes to parting ways. Here at Brinks Home Security we never mean to make any request a difficult one and I am more than happy to look into this matter for you. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out you as soon as possible, to ensure a amicable resolution, -Jacob B

Kathleen
February 20th, 2019 Pennington, NJ DETAILS

This despicable company doesn't deserve anything close to a star but it was the only way I could get access to this site. STAY AWAY from Brinks Home Security! This company is into ripping off its customers. What an ordeal it has been dealing with this company! They are thieves and I hope they get what they have coming to them - bankruptcy. They're CROOKS!

Feb 27, 2019

Kathleen,Hearing of this recent expiernce with us is the opposite of what we strive to provide our customers. In our customer loyalty department they assist all of our long time customers like yourself with things like upgrades, lower rates etc. We apologize that we don't reach out to customers regarding upgrade because in all honesty most customers love there equipment and reach out to us if they have any concerns or improvement on there level of security. Nonetheless we truly never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said allow me to assist you in this matter but I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. -Jacob B

Cynthia Luk
February 19th, 2019 El Centro, CA DETAILS

Horrible customer service! They give you incorrect information when you want to terminate services do they can keep billing you after you’ve cancelled. It’s ridiculous that it can take 2 months to terminate services. Will never recommend a company that’s only interested in scamming you out of more money when you’re not happy with their services.

Feb 21, 2019

Cythia,Cynthia, Hearing of this recent expiernce with us is the opposite of what we strive to provide our customers. In our customer loyalty department they assist all of our long time customers like yourself with things like upgrades, lower rates etc. We apologize that we don't reach out to customers regarding upgrade because in all honesty most customers love there equipment and reach out to us if they have any concerns or improvement on there level of security. Nonetheless we truly never mean to make any request a difficult one. With this being said allow me to assist you in this matter, I have located your account with us and will be sure sure to reach out to as soon as possible. -Jacob B

P Sanchez
February 14th, 2019 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

This company doesn't even deserve a one-star rating but it wouldn't allow me to submit my review if I didn't select one star. I have had nothing but problems since the day my system was installed. I have had at least a minimum of 6 or 7 service technicians at my home and my cameras still do not work properly. I just checked my cameras again and three out of four still don't work properly and my thermostat was suppose to be linked up to my phone app and it has problems since 4 months ago. They use 3rd party technicians that don't know what they are doing. I had an account manager inform me they would get a different company to address my problems. The call was made in December and to this day, I have not received a call back. They also informed me that they would adjust my monthly payment since they are not living up to their end and to this day I haven't received one credit. It was recommended to me to start legal proceedings to get out of our contract because all we have had is problems...problems with NO resolution. P. Sanchez

Feb 19, 2019

P Sanchez,We are so sorry to hear of the negative experience when requesting to cancel your services. Please know that we strive to ensure each experience is better than the next. We never mean to make any request a difficult one. I would be happy to look this matter further but unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account. If you could please send me a direct message on here with your information and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B