Brinks Home Security has been a recognized name in home security for decades. Brinks Home Security is one of the world's largest home security companies in the U.S., having more than 1 million customers. Brinks takes pride in its patented ASAPer security technology, which is a mobile platform that allows you to connect with your loved ones fast and efficiently in the case of an emergency. Brink's security monitoring starts at $29/mo

Some highlights of Brinks Home Security company include a 30-day return policy, a no-contract security option, a 2-year equipment warranty, and home automation technology. After a brief rebranding to Broadview Security, the Brinks name has returned after a merging of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security provider.

The Good

• 30-Day Return Policy
  • Referral Program
  • Crash & Smash Protection
  • Home Automation
  • 2-Year Equipment Warranty
  • DIY Installation Option
  • Various Home Security Plans
  • Financing Options
  • Brinks Home Security Cost

30-Day Return Policy

Brinks Home Security offers a no-hassle, 30-day return policy for equipment. Many home security system providers don't offer any type of return policy. This can provide peace of mind to homeowners who want a trial run of Brinks Home Security before fully committing.

Referral Program

Brinks Home Security offers you and a friend two free months of alarm monitoring when your friend signs up and activates their Brinks Home Security system. You can get two free months of alarm monitoring for every friend you refer to Brinks.

Crash & Smash Protection

Crash & Smash Protection means your alarm system will still send an emergency signal through the cloud, even if a burglar destroys the base unit. The security system perpetually monitors your home for a break-in, and if a sensor is triggered, it immediately begins a countdown on an external memory source away from your home. You can disarm the countdown from your mobile app, but if you don't, the system interprets it as a crash and smash break-in and notifies the authorities.

Home Automation

Brinks Home Security features the following z-wave technology home automation capabilities and tools:

• LiveVoice Assist
  • Mobile app control
  • Live video streaming
  • Cloud video storage
  • Doorbell camera
  • Smart door locks
  • Flood sensors

Smartphone control and basic home automation tools are available on all Brinks Home Security alarm systems.

2-Year Equipment Warranty

Brinks Home Security offers a 2-year warranty for all of its products, regardless of your chosen home security equipment pack. If anything in your security system breaks or malfunctions within the first two years of use, Brinks will replace the equipment for free. This can provide peace of mind to customers knowing they won't have to cover replacement fees if something goes wrong. This also shows Brinks Home Security is confident in its products and doesn't expect there to be malfunctions or issues with equipment.

DIY Installation Option

Brinks alarm system is simple and easy to install, allowing you to set up the system yourself if you desire. They also have professional installation for those who would prefer to contact customer service and have a Brinks Home Security expert set up the system.

Various Home Security Packages

Brinks Home Security has different home security packages that allow customers to select the best home security system for them. The two main security packages are as follows:

Nest Secure Package

Nest Secure is a home security system from Nest that is backed by Brinks Home Security's 24/7 monitoring. The system price is $29 per month and $399 upfront with no contract.

• Nest Guard (keypad, motion detector, alarm, and panic button)
  • Nest Tag (button to arm and disarm your system—You can have up to 10 Nest Tags)
  • Nest Detect (multi-purpose motion sensor)
  • Yard sign & stickers
  • DIY installation
  • Add on: thermostat
  • Add on: Nest Cam Indoor

Home Complete Package

The Home Complete Package is a wireless touchscreen security system you can install yourself. This is Brinks Home Security's most basic package, costing $29 per month, $399 upfront, and including a 36-month contract. The upfront cost split into monthly payments is $11.08 per month.

• Brinks Home Touch control panel
  • Hacker protection
  • Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Apple Tv, and more.
  • Ultra-fast alarm signal
  • Smartphone control
  • Home automation
  • DIY installation

Home Complete with Video Package

A more advanced package, the Complete with Video Package is Brinks Home Security's most popular package. The package is $39 per month, $499 upfront, and includes a 36-month contract. The upfront cost split into monthly increments is $13.86 per month.

• Everything included in the Home Complete package
  • Live video surveillance from security cameras
  • Cloud video storage
  • Indoor camera with night vision
  • SkyBell Slim Line video doorbell

Financing Options

Brinks Home Security cost is flexible, as the company offers GreenSky financing for its Home Complete packages. All details for financing are below:

Home Complete with GreenSky financing

• Kit will be offered at $0 down
  • $29.00 per month for monitoring service
  • $11.08 per month at 0% APR for 36 months
    • Monitoring fee + GreenSky payment = $40.08/month
  • 50% off all add-on products (eligible for financing, *monthly GreenSky payment subject to increase)

Brinks Home Security Cost

Brinks Home Security cost starts at $29 per month for 24/7 monitoring. That is relatively low for home security packages. Note that Brinks Home Security pricing also includes a $399 upfront fee and a 36-month contract. However, upfront fees and contracts are common within the industry.

The Bad

• Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available
  • 36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available

Brinks Home Security only offers wireless/broadband monitoring. No landline or cellular monitoring is available; however, many home security customers prefer wireless monitoring, especially over landline monitoring, as it is more flexible and simpler to install with no wires.

36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

A drawback to Brinks Home Security is the 36-month contract. However, it's somewhat common within the home security industry to have a lengthy contract. Brinks Home Security pricing is also customizable as the company has financing options and various home security packages to choose from.

There is also a month-to-month option if you choose Brinks Home Security's Nest Secure Package. This can provide peace of mind to customers who do not want to sign a lengthy contract.

The Bottom Line

Brinks Home Security is an established name in the home security industry. Though the company has been under the radar for several years, the recent rebranding and merger of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch security speak positively to the company's quality. Brink's security is equipped with basic equipment options as well as advanced home automation options, giving homeowners ample amounts of security options.

With its reputable reputation, we definitely recommend considering Brinks Home Security as your security provider. With a 30-day return policy, a variety of security packages, and a no-contract option, Brinks Home Security cost is affordable, and the security solution is definitely worth looking into. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security company. See what customers have to say about customer service, equipment quality, pricing, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at Brinks Home Security below.

2.8

Cheryl
August 23rd, 2019 Sandwich, IL

My mom has Brinks service (formerly Monitronics). Our latest, among many, issues relates to the system alarm beeping every few minutes. We were told that the issue related to the battery so we ordered a new battery. In the meantime, for almost 1 week, the system was inoperable (unless she wanted to listen to it beep every few minutes). After installing the battery, it was established that was not the issue. A representative ran a test and determined "faulty equipment". Okay, but why wasn't that done during the initial phone call...perhaps to charge us $30 for a new battery? Today, a technician was scheduled to look at the equipment. The technician was a no-show. Also, every time we call Brinks, we wait a minimum of 20 minutes to speak to a rep. Did I mention, no rep can seem to determine what equipment my mom has in her house? For those of you that have called customer service, you will know that they confirm the email on file every time.....every time! But they don't know what equipment their customers have. Please, spare yourself or anyone else the aggravation of using Brinks!!!

Aug 23, 2019

Cheryl, I am truly sorry to hear of your recent experience as it is the complete opposite of what we strive to provide all of our customers. We appreciate you provided Brinks Home feedback regarding your experience as it helps us implement process improvements and coaching opportunities were needed. Our technical support team is dedicated to assist our customers with troubleshooting in hopes to resolve the issue and I apologize if this was not the case. I would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to be able to resolve it. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your mothers account information. I will be more than happy to reach out to as soon as possible. – Juana H.

Alan Kirshom
August 22nd, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Brinks took over my service from my original service provider. Ever since then service has been TERRIBLE. Long wait times with customer service, rude people if you ever get someone on the line and I have been trying to cancel for over two month and they keep billing me. Next stop BBB and every review site I can find.

Aug 23, 2019

Alan, we are sorry to hear you would like to cancel the services with us. At Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. In regards to the cancellation of your account, we do require a 30-day written request to properly cancel the account. I would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and provide feedback to the agents involved in this matter. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account info, we will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Todd
August 22nd, 2019 New Port Richey, FL DETAILS

First let me say the customer service from this company was horrendous Signed a five year deal they installed cameras that stopped working in three months called them and they said nothing could do but charge a service fee and we could buy new cameras Then called for additional items again wanted service fee for cameras plus install on fees and the highest price in the marketplace Finally tried to cancel service after contract up On hold 40 minutes when customer service came on tried to keep our business by offering deals after declining all of them they informed me needed to be transferred to cancellation department another half hour wait I finally gave up and hung up I then tried their texting option on their website and after they tried to entice me with more offers finally said could not cancel via the texting option and sent me to cancellation dept After another who knows how long wait finally got to cancellation dept but not after being bombarded with again offers I did not want they explained they would send a cancellation email which I had to look for then follow the link on that email to cancel Which took upwards of two weeks for both of those I jumped goose hoops and imagine my surprise when they chartered another payment to my credit card Now absolutely fuming I called customer service and read them the riot act this finding out that the length of time that all these emails calls hoops etc took went into another billing cycle So now today almost month later I receive a bill for $7.30 I will this company is the worst and petty by nickel and diming customers over charging and making cancellation as hard as possible Please do yourself a favor do not use this company by any means

Aug 23, 2019

Todd, we are sorry to hear you would like to cancel the services with us. At Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. In regards to the cancellation of your account, we do require a 30-day written request to properly cancel the account. The reason for the final 30 day billing which is always prorated is because when customer start there service they aren't charged for the first month of service. I would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and provide feedback to the agents involved in this matter. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account info, we will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Tom
August 21st, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

Horrible company. Zero quality customer service. I fulfilled my 60 month contract to the letter. Cancelling has been a nightmare. Multi steps to cancel, cannot do it online, mandatory holding period so Brinks can suck one more payment out of you. All this after faithfully and stupidly paying $50 month for 5 years. A couple more weeks and I’ll be free on Brinks forever. If you decide to cancel save EVERY piece of paperwork they send, document every call. This company cannot be trusted to do the right thing. My first call to cancel I was on hold for 36 minutes. Out of curiosity I called back, pressed the number to set up a new account, and was connected to a live person in less than a minute. Come on Brinks. You’re better than this. Quit trying to rip people off. Only today, a few days before my final monitoring day, I receive an email from Brinks telling me if I stay my fee will drop to $12.99 month (from $50+) and they’ll throw in a free security camera. Really. Get a clue Brinks. Had your customer service been more courteous from my first call, and offered me some incentive to stay, I gladly would have. Too little, too late.

Aug 21, 2019

we are sorry to hear you would like to cancel the services with us. At Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. In regards to the cancellation of your account, we do require a 30-day written request to properly cancel the account. I would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and provide feedback to the agents involved in this matter. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account info, we will be happy to reach out to you. -Juana H

Skero
August 21st, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Stay away from them, don't fall into the trap by signing the contract with Brinks. horrible service. Its been 2 months since I sold my house and moved to new house and they have not been able to transfer my service. They don't even allow me to cancel the service because of the contract, which means I am just paying them with no service provided by them. Never in my life I would get into contract with this company

Aug 21, 2019

Skero, Our relocations team is a dedicated team that thoroughly completes our customer relocations. We are sorry to hear that there was an issue with your relocation process. We never mean to make any request a difficult one and we want to investigate this matter so we can resolve it amicably. If you could please send us a direct email [email protected] with your account information so we can look into this. We will filled with joy to reach out to you and resolve this matter. -Jacob B

Frances Battle
August 19th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS

My Mother used Brinks for years Once she got sick we discontinued the serve because her mind was bad That was almost four years ago. Well we had a big power outage and the alarm system kept coming on and we could not figure out how to shut it down My question is why was the system not shut down four years ago when we discontinued the services.

Aug 19, 2019

Frances, If the monitoring services are cancelled then they are cancelled. We do not have control of the panel itself, if the power had not been turned off on the panel then it would not be off. We provide monitoring services that we dispatch upon receiving verified emergency signals. If you'd like for us to walk you through powering down the system. We can be reached at [email protected], please provide us with your phone number and your mothers account information. Once this is done we will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Jonathan
August 19th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I find Brinks home security service is very slow to respond to calls. I had the window alarm go off and it took about 20 minutes for the phone support to figure out what the problem was. I called for a fire alarm and the tech could not tell me how to turn it off. Then I was transferred and on hold for over 15 minutes. If I had a choice I would definitly go back to ADT. they are fast and responsive.

Aug 19, 2019

Jonathan, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us. We would never mean for a customer to feel like we take awhile to assist with there needs. We do have over a million customers to service and we always our best to serve each and everyone of them as effectively as possible. I am more than happy to personally assist you with your technical concerns. Unfortunately I could not locate an account based off of the information provided. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected], I will be more than happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Lulu
August 19th, 2019 Texas City, TX DETAILS

HORRIBLE STAY AWAY PLEASE... AS of 08/16/19 I'm still dealing with this nightmare!! I've contacted the person that replied BUT WITH NO REPLY FROM THEM EVER SINCE!!!!! I am formally requesting for the third time that; the money taken from my account for the second time in less than ONE WEEK is refunded immediately $--- and the overdraft fee $----- from the first unauthorized transactions that according to your statement was taken out by according to you MR. E immediately. Since the service or even installation never started nor took place. I told you clearly that I do NOT want to do business with a company that has lied to me since day one.CANCELLED EVERYTHING!!!!!! AND NO I DO NOT ACCEPT THE SO CALL " 5 MONTHS FREE THAT YOU OFFERED ME TO KEEP THE SERVICE" I've contacted several times since yesterday 8/8/19 and left messages for you to return my call, and provide your supervisor contact information without any response from you or anybody from the company you represent (BRINKS).

Aug 12, 2019

Lulu, We would never mean to make any request a difficult one. We have a dedicated customer service that can clear up any billing issues that you may be having. I want to look into this matter further and provide you with a resolution to this matter. If you could please send us an email to [email protected] and I will be sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Jake E
August 16th, 2019 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

Horrible. Horrible. My contract was up for 2 years. Was just paying monthly. I was going to cancel and switch companies when they told me I had 41 months left on a contract I never signed or agreed to. Needless to say the battle is ongoing. Stay away.

Aug 19, 2019

Jake, We are sorry to hear you are wanting to cancel your services with us. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and I am sorry if this was not the case. I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. I have located your account with the information provided, once the investigation is complete, I will be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

John
August 16th, 2019 Phenix City, AL DETAILS

This is more about their customer service which is so bad that it is almost laughable. Bottom line up front, this company is NOT military friendly. Brinks told me (I have the conversation in text) that military clause would cancel the agreement when I initially signed up, however, when trying to cancel, their "correspondence" who cannot be reached by anyone including account managers who work Brinks in anyway other than email said that they only honor military orders that place service members where Brinks cannot provide service. In addition, I was told that even deployment orders may be "possible" to qualify in cancelling contracts. This company should be blacklisted for service members. Completely dishonest and unprofessional. Tell you anything is possible to get you to sign up and do everything to trap you in.

Aug 19, 2019

John, We certainly our a military friendly company and we do have a military clause. As long as the correct and accurate paperwork is provided we never hold anyone to there agreements. I would like to investigate this matter and clear up any confusion. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account info, I will be happy to look into this and reach out to you. -Jacob B

D. lab
August 14th, 2019 Spanish Fork, UT DETAILS

This place sucks. We had a commercial account. The equipment never worked right. Calling us with false alarms one entire night by automated calls with no way to stop it when we called them. We had no contract as we were with Monotronics who was bought out by them. I tried three separate times to cancel being assured that it was, yet they still billed me this morning. Three separate calls and over 1.5 hours this morning combined wait time to be told it wasn't really cancelled the first or second calls made 20 days ago but was "expedited" on the last day of the month. Then to be told "it takes 30 days" SCAMMMERS is what you are. Plain & simple. You did it that way to get one more monthly payment. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. There are much better choices.

Aug 16, 2019

D lab, Hearing that a customer wants to cancel is never good in our eyes. We strive to be the best home security provider our there. In regards to being bought out, this is not the case. We still are Moni/Monitronics as we only rebranded to Brinks Home Security. There is a cancellation policy that you did agree to upon starting the services. The reason for this policy is so we are able to notify, your local municipalities that you are no longer being serviced. We apologize if that as caused any inconvenience and are happy to resolve this matter. If you could please send us a email with your account information to [email protected] with your account info, we will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Lee
August 14th, 2019 Parkersburg, WV DETAILS

I added multiple cameras BUT WAS NEVER TOLD it would require increasing my upload speed. In fact I asked EVERY TIME they said it FINE more than I needed. I have spent hours and HOURS on the phone trying to figure out the problem. They just want you to buy cameras don't care if they work right or not. Told me my first camera would work with smart phone and it was free. Neither was true. Told me to buy a DVR to make it work. Also not true. Told me today I needed a booster. Again NOT TRUE as all cameras are less than 30 feet from the modem. Basically GOTCHA SUCKER is what I would say about Brinks customer care.

Aug 16, 2019

Lee, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us. We strive to ensure satisfaction from all of our customers. We never want a customer to feel like they are given incorrect information. We want to look into this matter and provide coachings to the agents involved as well as resolve this of course. If you could please send us an email to [email protected] with your account information. Once this is done, we will be more than happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Kari
August 13th, 2019 Lewisville, TX DETAILS

Brinks has been fine as far as security. Had an issue upfront with the order in which they would contact me is an alarm went off. They had to call the police first and me second which makes no sense whatsoever to me! It was resolved after several phone calls. What upsets me the most is that they only provide 1 yard sign for free and you have to purchase any extra. Monitronics gave me 2 yards signs free of charge. I called to replace those with Brinks signs and they are charging me $10 for one of them! That just baffles me. Isn't that free advertising as well. Complete rip off if you aske me! Kari Biddix

Aug 14, 2019

Kari, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and I am sorry if this was not the case. I would love the opportunity to turn this into a positive review. I have located your account with us, and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Vbinps
August 11th, 2019 Cathedral City, CA DETAILS

Having been a customer first with monitronics Ann snow brinks since 2006 I have been happy with the service. And too lazy to change the service when I saw they were more expensive that Protect America that had better reviews. My older system quit working and Brinks wanted to exchange my preferred cellular system for a crappy WiFi system that is easily corrupted. I am now on hold for 15 minutes waiting to talk to a fourth customer service rep. Ready to call Protect America

Aug 12, 2019

Vbinps, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure all our customers are satisfied with us. We have a variety of systems that have different communication networks and I can assure you they are very reliable. I would love the opportunity turn this review into a positive one and find the best system for you. However, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Gary
August 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I had service with Moni, Brinks took it over and I was paying $45... switched to Ring, and called to cancel 7/23, received confirmation 2 days later 7/25. They proceeded to charge my credit card on August 6th saying that they will continue to serve me until August 25th.... WTF? My cc has refunded me but I would never trust this company for anything in the future. BTW ring monitors for $10 per month and you can cancel at any time and they will not bill you the following month. SHAME on you Brinks! enjoy the $45

Aug 12, 2019

Gary, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with us while trying to cancel your services. Here at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. With that being said we do have a cancellation process that must be followed. I would like to take a further look into this matter, but I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Juana H.

Christian
August 11th, 2019 Lebanon, TN DETAILS

Horrible. Changed the battery in smoke detector. Hit test for the detector. Entire system went off. Alarms blaring. Traumatized toddlers screaming and crying. Entered my code to shut it off. Apparently that just shuts off the alarm in the house. Called Brink's to cancel the alarm. Fire department arrived while I was still on hold. Brinks won't let me out of my contract. The lesson: if you have Brinks you can't test your smoke detectors.

Aug 12, 2019

Christian, We are sorry to hear that you want to cancel due to this. We do have a process to follow when we do get a fir signal. This is we call the premises first and if there is no answer we immediately dispatch in the event that there is a fire. We only want to ensure the protection of our customers and there homes, as this is what we are supposed to do. In regards to cancelling, if you are under a contract then the contract would have to be paid off, as with almost all companies. I am happy to give you a call and address any other concerns you may have. -Jacob B

Summer Smith
August 11th, 2019 Crestview, FL DETAILS

Wish there was a way to give less than one star! System was never fully on the system. Gave multiple errors during install. The last straw was being out of the country for a family death, the system was NOT armed and went off. Police and fire were at my house at midnight trying to reach me. My poor dogs were in the house with the siren going off, neighbor ended up breaking a window to get in, the “hub” was taken out of the house and put in a shed to muffle the siren. Called then and was told they couldn’t turn the alarm off (neither could I because the system didn’t work!). I stayed I wanted to cancel. Now MONTHS later my phone rings 5 times a day to collect on a balance, account wasn’t canceled, and they want to change me an early cancellation fee for their crap system. Buyer beware!! Run as fast and far away from this company as possible. To make matters worse their reps are rude and condescending... not sure how you are suppose to feel warm and fuzzy about these unprofessional people virtually guarding your home!

Aug 12, 2019

Summer, We are taken back to hear about this experience with your system. We would never want for a customer to have these kinds of issues. We offer a multitude of technical options, including a 5 diamond certified technician. In regards to your cancellation, we do require written cancellation procedures either via letter or email . We apologize if this was not explained to you. I have more than happy to look into this matter further and provide a amicable resolution for both parties. -Jacob B

LGable
August 11th, 2019 DETAILS

3 yr contract = expire Apr 29 2019- May 2018 get a False Fire Alarm due to their crappy equipment (per Fire Chief). False Alarm penalty $160.00. That no responsibility. Got and sent in my "Cancellation Nov 2018 - to stop Apr 28, 2019." They hounded me from that point on. Numerous emails and calls back and forth.. never agreeing to go past Apr 29/2019 (I have ADT installed Apr 29, 2019) .. April and May and June no further withdrawal from my bank account,.. then June 17 they took payment of $6.31 and July 16 $26.20 .. Speak to rep (said I extended my contract.. liars!!! then to Supv CHRIS (July 17) who said "Sorry will have funds return to your bank account".. 17 Business days later and no refund!!.. Called and spoke with Angel.. he says "Chris put comment on the account that customer extended contract" ... CHRIS did not call me and advise that BRINKS would NOT be REFUNDING.. Lying, Deceitful Thieves.. I will be going to my bank to have these withdrawals reverse .. and stop this greedy lying bottom dweller company from taking any more of my $$.

Aug 12, 2019

LGable, We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. Here at Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused while in the process to cancel your account. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to be able to provide you with a resolution, but I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Kate M
August 7th, 2019 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

I signed a 5-yr contract with MONI. MONI is purchased by Brinks a few years ago and they charge me a higher amount the next month. When I reached out to them to remind them that I was in a contract for a lower amount, they did correct it. I just noticed that they did it again for Aug 2019 and charged me a higher amount. This is supposed to be autodebit for 5 years for the SAME amount. By Brinks charging me a higher amount TWICE, I would say they are in breach of the contract and I should be let out of it. I'm taking this to an attorney and the Better Business Bureau. What a terrible way to treat customers.

Aug 07, 2019

Kate, We always want a customer to paying a price they deserve. In reading your review, we never want for a customer to feel this way. In regards to being bought out, MONI was not purchased by Brinks, we simply rebranded to Brinks Home Security for better brand recognition. We are happy to look into this matter and of of course provide you with a resolution. I have located your account with us and will reach out to you by Friday of this week. -Jacob B

Jian Swenson
August 5th, 2019 Cleveland, GA DETAILS

For any potential buyers, I would recommend you to stay away from signing any contract with them. Because once you did, it was extremely hard to cancel. I used Brinks Home Security for a rental property that I closed sale on in May. I called the customer service right after the closing to cancel the monitoring service and close the account. The rep on the line would not take no and kept pushing for other options such as transfer the service to other property or putting it on hold for two months. I ended up being charged again after two months of not using it. I called it and told them I canceled it two months ago as the property has been sold. They said they did not consider it canceled unless I filled out the cancellation form. So I signed the cancellation form, and had to let them charge me $35 for another month till 9/2 even though I am not using it. It's definitely not a customer-centric company based on my experience!

Aug 07, 2019

Jian, we are sorry to hear you would like to cancel the services with us. At Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. In regards to the cancellation of your account, we do require a 30-day written request to properly cancel the account. I would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with us and I will be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

CHRIS JOHNSON
August 5th, 2019 Odessa, TX DETAILS

BRINKS SUCKS- I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TRIED TO SET UP REPAIR OF MY SYSTEM. THE GIRL WAS RUDE. I ASKED TO TALK TO THE SERVICE MANAGER. I WAS ON HOLD OVER AN HOUR, AND TOLD THE MANAGER WOULD CALL ME BACK THE NEXT DAY AT 3 PM. NEVER GOT A CALL. I SENT AN EMAIL COMPLAINT AND NEVER HEARD BACK.

Aug 06, 2019

Chris, Reading your review is certainly alarming. This is the complete opposite of what we strive to bring our customers. We would never mean for a manager not to call you back, I am sure there is some confusion that I am happy to clear up. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to research this matter then reach out to you by Friday. -Jacob B

Eduard Khachiyants
August 5th, 2019 Allen, TX DETAILS

As soon as company get you signed in it will be really hard to cancel your service. Cancel process will take a long time and all this time will be payed by customer. I really did not like service and how company works wit customers.

Aug 05, 2019

Eduard, we are sorry to hear you want to cancel your services with us. We never mean to make any request a difficult one. With that being said, we do have a cancellation process that must be followed. I would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with us and will be sure sure to reach out to you . -Juana H.

AVK
August 2nd, 2019 Gainesville, FL DETAILS

Stay away from this company. When I signed up last year they did not even ask me for a passcode which I am supposed to give them if there is a false alarm. I realized this too late. They did not tell me that the state of Florida requires a permit for alarm system. Cops would not even show up without this permit. They just wanted my money and could not care less about my security. When I finally tried to cancel they said I cannot until a year was up or else pay fines. After an year was up when I tried to cancel they charged an extra month saying that it was in the original contract.

Aug 05, 2019

AVK, At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction is our main priority and when one of our customers feel that we have failed their expectations, is important for us to know. I am extremely sorry to hear of your recent experience with us and that we will be losing you as a customer. I would like to take a further look into this matter, but I was unable to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Juana H.

Ronald D Terry
August 2nd, 2019 Graham, WA DETAILS

I notified Brinks that I removed my control panel when I stopped my Land Line Jan 5, 2019. Was told by customer support I would still be charged the Jan, 19, 2019. I agreed. My bank charge card was changed in February 2019. With out a control panel how could they monitor my home, but Brinks did. I got refund. Brinks charge my credit card again March, no means to monitor. Called Brink even signed an E-Sign Cancellation. Even received “Sorry we are losing you” letter. The next few months received “Are You Returning.” Finally out of the blue just received a letter a Collection Letter. After all this time what Collections. No Means to Monitor. I’m tried of Brinks just happen, I’m apply for a VA Mortgage. Just paid a no monitoring service bill to the Collection Services. Brinks and JD Power Award that’s a joke.

Aug 05, 2019

Ronald, we are truly sorry to hear of your recent experience with us as it is the complete opposite of what we strive to provide all our customers. Here at Brinks Home, we care about your satisfaction and regret any inconvenience we have caused you. In regards to the cancellation of your account, we require a 30-day written request to properly cancel your account. With that being said, I have located your account with us and I will be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I look forward to speaking with you soon to bring a resolution to this matter.- Juana H.

Anthony Jackson
July 31st, 2019 Detroit, MI DETAILS

This is a horrible company to do business with. Have a vacant house in Detroit. Motion sensor not on wall, on cabinet. Rodents probably sets off the alarm by walking in front of it. Brinks stated that they phoned me and sent a patrol officer out to my property and charges me $40 per visit because the alarm was triggered. They have invoiced multiple charges on one day! Asked Brinks to show me the paperwork that a officer went out to check out my property and they could not. I have cameras on all four corners of my property and did not see any sign of any security company ever visiting my property on the dates that they are charging me for! This is fraudulent and I will be advertising this issue as well as filing a complaint with the BBB. If you have stock in the company, my suggestion is that you should take your money and time elsewhere. The customer service is horrible. They call you and hang up on you and for what? A $40 bill? I am beyond over Brinks Home Security as they will never get another dime of my time, energy, or money. I will go to another provider and I suggest that anyone reading this does the same. Just peruse some of their reviews across the internet and you be the judge of their stability, ability, and their customer service.

Aug 01, 2019

Anthony, At Brinks Home we certainly always want to ensure customer satisfaction. If your local ordinance requires a guard dispatch or a patrol officer before dispatching. We do however want to get to the bottom of this and complete a thorough investigation. We have located your account with us and we will research this matter and reach out to you by Wednesday. -Jacob B

Craig S.
July 29th, 2019 Sunnyvale, CA DETAILS

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. We used this service for a rental property that we were selling. Brinks promised they would let me cancel at any time. After signing a cancellation agreement, they kept charging my credit card. After hours on the phone with them , I got them to stop, only to have the automatic charges start again a few weeks later. They are liars and crooks. Do not use them.

Jul 29, 2019

Craig, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. At Brinks Home we care about your satisfaction and regret any inconvenience we have caused you while in the process to cancel your account. I would like to take a further look into this matter, however I was unable to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email to [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. - Juana H.

Jude
July 25th, 2019 Nashville, TN DETAILS

I wish I could give them NO Stars! Been on hold for 49 minutes and their "text" for instant help generates a reply stating "Our Arlo Pro giveaway is keeping our texting lines hot! We appreciate your patience and thank you for using MONI's new text feature! Please be sure to text us back in the next few hours. Your customer service is the worst EVER! I can't arm my panel remotely and my daughter can't arm hers remotely either. If you are experiencing an "outage", you should have put the information on the web!

Jul 26, 2019

Jude, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us. Please know that this is the complete opposite of what we strive to bring our customers. Our customer service team are always ready to assist all of our customers. We certainly want to apologize for the long hold time as we are trying to assist our customers as fast as possible. It would me with joy to be able to address this matter and provide you with a resolution. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send us an email to [email protected] and we will be more than happy to reach out to you. - Jacob B

H. Soza
July 25th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

Do not let this company into your homes. They are misleading customers just to get contracts. You can look at their reviews and see they don't care about providing quality service. They only care about getting more and more accounts. Try terminating the contract early and they threaten you with a $2000.00 fee. They do this to intimidate customers into staying with them. It's not right what they do so I'm taking my case to court and let the legal system decide what is valid and what is not in a contract agreement. Brink's doesn't get to tell me what I am going to pay them.

Jul 26, 2019

H Soza, We certainly do care for the quality of our services as well as the satisfaction of our customers. We apologize if you feel there was any wrong doing on our part. We have a dedicated customer loyalty department, whom specializes in assisting our long time loyal customers with there needs. In regards to your contract, we only ask you pay the remainder of the time you have left, that you signed up for. We even offer discounts off of the agreement is you are wanting to cancel early. I am more than happy to look into this matter further. Unfortunately there was not enough information provided to locate an account. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected] and we will be more than happy to investigate this matter further. -Jacob B

Crystal Rapoza
July 22nd, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

Absolute fraud. I've been paying them for nearly a year for nothing. My alarm has gone off twice with no response. The first time, I had my key holder drive all the way to my home two towns over because I was at work only for her to wait an hour with no police. Thank goodness there wasn't actually an intruder. My mother would have been in danger. When I called to complain, they argued with me that my mother never said she'd be there with a key. I had to call 3 times before someone actually listened to the call log and realized they were wrong. I was understanding that time. I probably shouldn't have been. Then, one month ago, I had another alarm. I told them to send police. They said they couldn't because I didn't have a permit. They never told me I needed one when I moved! I tried to cancel. They wanted to charge me $1200. They kept putting me on long hold until I hung up and then claimed someone was trying to call me back. And they patronized me about the fact that I signed a contract. Since when do contracts only work one way? They don't. That's called fraud. I signed a contract for home security and these people are not delivering. Then, what do they do? They send me the permit papers AFTER ALL THIS. What an insult! Now they flat-out won't answer my calls. So, I'm cancelling through my bank and I've been in touch with several attorneys over a class action law suit.

Jul 24, 2019

Crystal, I am truly sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. Here at Brinks Home your security and satisfaction is our main priority. Please allow me to investigate this matter further and provide you with a resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. Once the investigation is complete I will be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Coye Martin
July 15th, 2019 Payson, AZ DETAILS

I think Brinks is an unethical company that strives only for their own bottom line. My elderly Mother was pressured into a 4 yr contract, with the only out being that if she was in a skilled nursing facility. Well, now she is and we have had the care center send 2 separate emails to 2 different email address that were given to us by Brinks representatives. Yet after waiting over a week for them to process, we call again only to have Brinks claim they did not receive any emails!! Now we have a letter that will be sent via certified or registered mail. Lets see if they can deny receiving it now!!!

Jul 16, 2019

Coye, We are sorry to hear of your recent negative experience with us. At Brinks Home security we strive to provide an excellent customer experience and I am sorry if that was not the case. I would like the opportunity to investigate this further and clear up any misunderstandings. I have located your mother’s account with us and I will be more than happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Unhappy
July 5th, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

Almost immediately after signing a contract, my monthly fee went up due to a "cost recovery fee." It just went up again. Why do I have a four-year contract if Brinks can raise the monthly fee whenever they want? I'm counting the days (more or less 540) until my contract is up so I can sign up with SimpliSafe and get an affordable system for a fair price. Oh, yes, their customer service is offshore and very inefficient.

Jul 05, 2019

Unhappy, We are truly sorry of your recent experience. Here at Brinks we care about your satisfaction and want to ensure you’re getting the best quality with a great price. In regards to the increases on your account I would be more than happy to take a look into this matter further. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email with your account information at [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. –Juana H.

robert M long
July 3rd, 2019 Greenbrier, AR DETAILS

Not Military friendly! I retired and moved back to my home of record and they took 3 weeks of my actively trying to cancel to send me a letter. Apparently they only support active duty moves, even though I was active duty when I moved home. The salesman and installer told me they would let me cancel when they installed 4 years and 2 months ago. Now they tell me I could cancel my remaining 10 months for $640....

Jul 03, 2019

Robert, We certainly are a very military friendly company. We take pride in assisting our veterans and of course our active duty members. We offer discounts and special consideration clause within your agreement. If you are moving and have provided the correct documentation for such move we have the process to handle these accordingly. We are sorry if there is any confusion regarding this matter. I am happy to look into this matter if you could provide me with your account info. I can reached at [email protected] and once we get the account information we can research and resolve this matter. -Jacob B

Paul Anthony Minger
July 3rd, 2019 Weirton, WV DETAILS

Horrible service. I started off with one company years ago and when I called one time I found out that Brings had bought out the company. I've had the home security system for around 6 years and not ones has the company communicated with me about how the unit was doing. I try calling and cancel the service and they kept me on the line forever and kept trying to give me all these different reasons why I should keep the system, fear mongering. I even told them multiple times that I don't use the system and I'm trying to save money. Finally the guy told me that I have to do a few things online to officially cancel service. I did everything and even got a returned email saying that my service was cancelled. I get a phone call today saying that I had one more step to do to cancel service and the guy asked if he could transfer me. I said yes and I was on hold the whole time.... I don't like their tactics of trying to keep customers.

Jul 03, 2019

Paul, We are taken back by the experience described in your review . Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. Our customer service team is dedicated to assisting customers to there peak satisfaction.We would like to investigate this matter, as this is the complete opposite of what we strive to bring our customers on a daily basis. With this being said could you please send us a direct email with your account information to [email protected], I will be more than happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Darin
July 2nd, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Terrible customer service. No one at Brinks customer service seems to be able to do anything right. If you try to cancel, they will drag out the process so that they can get you to pay for another 1.5 months. They must be hand printing and hand approving cancellation documents and then "moving" them around to other Brinks departments to get them to review and hand approve. I picture a bunch of trained turtles with cancellation papers taped to their shells moving between departments. Will never go back to Brinks. Stay away.

Jul 02, 2019

Darin, At Brinks Home we strive to provide superb customer service and when one of our customer feels that we have failed their expectations, it is important for us to know. I am truly sorry to hear of your recent negative experience when cancelling your services. We do require a 30 day written request to properly cancel the account. With that being said, I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you as soon as possible. - Juana H.

D A
July 1st, 2019 Kingman, AZ DETAILS

If I could I would leave a "0". I had excellent service with Brinks until I could no longer afford it. I mailed a letter to cancel the service. Two months later, when I received a bill and called, I was told the letter was "no good" and that I must cancel service online! When I asked to speak with someone higher, I was told I was speaking with a manager and that the higher ups will not accept calls. I am now paying for almost two months of service that I did not have. Brinks doesn't care about its customer service even if they do have great reviews from J D Power. J D Power should call me!

Jul 01, 2019

DA, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience with us as it is the complete opposite of what we strive to provide all of our customers. At Brinks Home, we care about all of our customers’ satisfaction and regret any inconvenience we have caused you while in the process to cancel your services. I would like to take a further look into this matter, however I was unable to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email with your account information at [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. –Juana H.

Scott
July 1st, 2019 Peoria, AZ DETAILS

Brinks Home Security is a SCAM. I tried to cancel in March. They asked a long series of questions and continually tried to get me to change my mind, only to say they had to transfer me to someone with cancellation authority. The next person asked the same questions, pressured me to stay, and said they had to transfer me to someone with cancellation authority. This happened for 45 minute - I was transferred to 5 people who all claimed they could cancel my account but then "had to transfer me". After finally claiming that my account was cancelled they continued billing me so I put a block on them at my bank (at a cost to me of $30). Now they call me daily claiming that my account is overdue. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS UNPROFESSIONAL BUNCH OF CROOKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 01, 2019

Scott, We are sorry to hear of your recent undesirable experience. Here at Brinks Home we strive to provide excellent customer service and I am sorry if this was not the case. I would like to take a further look into this matter, however I was unable to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email with your account information at [email protected] I would be sure to reach out to you. -Juana H.

Zoya Dzypetruk
June 24th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Horrible management and service , Try calling them for tech support and see how long you have to wait before you sign the contract! I have spent over 2 hours waiting for assistance!

Jun 24, 2019

Zoya, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience when contacting us. We believe there must be some confusion, as our technical department is dedicated team in assisting customer technical issues. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Stephen Wimer
June 24th, 2019 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

Brinks took over the contract for my security services from another firm. They installed a security camera that worked, but kept failing. At first they fixed it for free. Then they charged me $110 after telling me it would be free. It broke again a week later. I would never sign up with this company, but I'm stuck. There should be a law against these long-term security contracts with firms that don't service their products.

Jun 24, 2019

Stephen, We did not take over your contract, we are still the same great company that installed your services, we have only rebranded our name. We do care for your protection and I am more than happy to look into this as well as provide a resolution. Unfortunately we were not able to locate an account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected], with your account information and I will be speedy in reach out to you. -Jacob B

Lynda Jorgensen
June 24th, 2019 Syracuse, UT DETAILS

Brinks is a total joke. They forced us to have a technician come service our system when all that was needed was a simple system reset - which I had requested! Hubby was going out of town and we had to have the system up and running. The ONLY way they said they could get it working was to send a tech out. AGAIN I asked for a system reset. They refused. When the tech came out they called Brinks and requested a system reset. Brinks did a system reset and the system was functional. In the course of events to follow I received a letter, from Brinks, stating, "The balance remaining on your contract is 0." I have now been hit with a $1,305.15 collection bill! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! THEY ARE DISHONEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 24, 2019

Lynda, We at Brinks Home would never do anything to jeopardize your safety or security. We care for all of our customers to the fullest extent and we are taken back by this review. I am going to have to investigate this matter and reach out to you with a resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you tomorrow. -Jacob B

Elle
June 21st, 2019 La Vergne, TN DETAILS

The service has been alright since they took over from my previous alarm company. However, the customer service is ATROCIOUS! I have been receiving calls, at least 4 each day, from Brinks & I have requested to be taken off of their call list. Yes, I am on the national Do Not Call Registry. Anyway, I called the regular customer service line for Brinks and had a great call w/Nate about the situation. He was to transfer me to a manager and I got Pauline (not a manager) and she was the most RUDE and non-helpful person. Why do I have to continuously give my account information; especially if you are not the person to whom I was to be transferred? After over 5 minutes w/she wasn't going to assist me without giving my information for a 3rd time, I hung-up! Brinks, you MUST do better.

Jun 21, 2019

Elle, We are taken back by the experience described in your review . Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. Our customer service team is dedicated to assisting customers to there peak satisfaction.We would like to investigate this matter, as this is the complete opposite of what we strive to bring our customers on a daily basis. With this being said could you please send us a direct email with your account information to [email protected], I will be more than happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

David and Janet
June 18th, 2019 Laredo, TX DETAILS

Currently I have brinks! PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! I did a mistake on not doing research before changing I had amazing customer service at ADT made a stupid decision and regret in it. For the past months I had a sensor falling out my husband called and they sent me a sensor that was not the right one, he called again and wanted me to return at my own cost and told me the one I need could be replace for $50 dlls. My house it’s not protected for the past months and can’t wait to get out of the contract!

Jun 18, 2019

Janet and David, We are sorry to hear of the recent sensor issues you are having. We strive to ensure each and every customers equipment is running at its strongest. Why? Because we want to you to be Sure Sure your home is protected. We do have a lifetime service plan on all of our equipment and we would like to look into this matter further. We have attempted to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please provide us with your name and address via email. We can be reached at [email protected] and we look forward to assisting you in resolving this matter. -Jacob B

Danzy
June 14th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Do Not, I repeat, Do Not Use this Company. My Security System has not been working for Months. They never contacted me to let me know the system was not communicating with them but they were collecting payment every month. When I finally brought it to there attention they agreed to upgrade my system only if we sign a 36 month contract for a higher rate. This company was basically getting paid to do NOTHING.

Jun 17, 2019

Danzy, At Brinks Home we care for your satisfaction and protection the most. We do require customers customers test there system on a monthly basis to ensure there system are communicating. We monitor for emergency signals and will dispatch when those are received. I am happy to look into this further and provide you with a resolution. I will need additional information to better assist you in this matter. If you could please send us an email to [email protected] and I will be sure to reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank! -Jacob B

Joan Fiser
June 14th, 2019 Vallejo, CA DETAILS

We were with Monitron for a year when we found out it had been bought by Brinks. Our previous service was pretty good, and customer service with Monitron was very good. Our experience with Brinks has been terrible, and I'm shopping around now to switch when the contract ends. If you're thinking about choosing Brinks, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. There is a reason they have so many negative reviews.

Jun 14, 2019

Joan, Allow me to apologize for your unpleasant experience with our customer service. At Brinks Home we are committed to provide an excellent customer experience and I am sorry if that was not the case. I would like to take a further look into this matter to be able to turn this into a positive experience. With that being said, I was able to locate your account and will investigate this matter. Once the investigation is complete I will be reaching out to you. –Juana H.

Frankie
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

STAY AWAY. Once installed it is "YOUR" system, and you are under "contract". I went into system in 2017 with ADT, I have total of 15 sensors. Last year one door sensor stopped working, troubleshot with CS and determined it was magnets. Well they said it is "MY" system, so would have to purchase a new sensor and $100 tech call, so I said no. Now this year June 2019, I have another door sensor fail, same story. I asked how they can say they are securing my house with two faulty door sensors, I can't cancel contract until October, which I will do. This guy told me if I renew for 36 months he would replace sensors. By that time the rest of my sensors will fail.

Jun 11, 2019

Frankie, I am sorry to hear of your recent negative experience. At Brinks Home our main goal is to provide all of our customers with the best customer experience, and I am sorry if this was not the case. We do offer a service plan for our accounts, in which it adds a Lifetime warranty on the equipment for any normal wear and tear. With that being said, we want to give you a peace of mind and make sure your system is working properly as your security is our priority. I was unable to locate your account based on the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected], I will be more than happy to reach out to you and resolve this matter. –Juana H.

Jeff Freadrich
June 7th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY $29 my butt I have a contract for $35, then they raised it to $45 answer why read contract it in there small print we can raise your price, problem they used other companies equipment, no video camera, no glass breaking montor, still raise to $45 and answer to me was nothing you can do you have contract. STAY AWAY from these crooks,

Jun 10, 2019

Jeff,Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We apologize if we have caused any confusion regarding the billing on your account. With this being said we want turn this review in a positive one and provide the best in customer satisfaction. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you tomorrow. -Jacob B

Disgruntled Customer
June 5th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

Terrible consumer service. Brinks monitors it, but everything else is handled by American Defense Systems. You call one number and get transferred four times before getting someone that can assist. My alarm kept chiming and the mobile app kept giving me sensor error messages. I was going to be charged to have someone come out to fix the problem. Definitely not worth a 3 year iron clad contract, that's extremely difficult to get out of and five transfers later to be told to pay upfront or be sent to collections. My first collections, since college and I feel great about it!!

Jun 06, 2019

Hello, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with our customer service. At Brinks home we always make sure we provide the best in customer satisfaction. We do apologize if this was not the case for you, with this being said I'd like to reach out to you and resolve this matter personally. I am happy to look into your concerns further but unfortunately, I am unable to locate an account based off the information provided. If you could please send me a direct message with your name and account information and I would be more than happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Emily
June 5th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS

I was a Brinks customer (formerly LiveWatch) for over a year and was very excited when they launched their program to monitor Nest systems because the Nest smoke/carbon monoxide detectors are far superior. I made sure to thoroughly research everything before switching to the Nest system (which in itself was a terrible experience because no one at Brinks actually knew how to do that). This research included three separate calls to Brinks in which I was specifically told 3 times by 3 different people that Brinks monitors Nest smoke detectors. As a result of these phone calls I felt confident in the information I was being given and I ordered all the equipment, including 6 smoke detectors. I had to wait 30 days for my other Brinks account to close and during that time I had electricians wire for and install the nest smoke detectors and the other Nest equipment, including a doorbell and exterior cameras. Today my new system was activated and when I downloaded the information for my insurance discount I noticed that the smoke detectors were not listed. Again I was bounced around to many different people and finally, 3 hours later a manager had to go to someone else to learn that NEST SMOKE DETECTORS ARE NOT MONITORED BY BRINKS! The next phase was a long conversation with a cancelation agent who did actually apologize for what happened. And that was it! There was not a single suggestion or offer to in any way remedy or compensate for any of the mistakes they made. Nothing, just ready to go ahead and cancel my new account, that is it.

Jun 05, 2019

Emily, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us and setting up your system. At Brinks Home we care for all of our customers and strive to ensure there satisfaction with us. We apologize if this was not the case for you, nonetheless please allow me to assist in resolving this matter. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Barbara Neal
May 31st, 2019 Sun City, AZ DETAILS

Horrible customer service. We have been requesting a buy out letter for 6 months. Two weeks ago we had a conference call with our new security company and MICA from Brinks. Mica assured us that we would receive a buy out letter within 3-5 days. Of course that has not happened. Today we called again and could not talk to MICA. We went thru the whole request again and now we are to receive the letter in 7 to 10 days. We asked to put a rush on the letter and we were told that it was not possible. It appears that the customer service reps do not put notes about conversations with the customers. I will be filing a complaint with the Arizona Atty General Consumer Affairs Dept.

May 31, 2019

Barbara, We are so sorry to hear that you want to cancel your services with us. Please know that we would never mean to make any request a difficult one. I am happy to review the call that took place with Micah and provide coaching to him if this was the case. I am happy to investigate this matter further as I have located your account and I will be sure sure to reach out to as soon as possible. Thank you for allowing us to protect and serve your home and leaving us this feedback. -Jacob B

Ron A
May 29th, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS

The company claims to have the best customer service, however no resolution to issues, long wait times both on the phone, and text, service for issues is horrible. No monitoring for two (2) weeks no credit, parts unavailable, tech support not sure of how to resolve or trouble shoot an issue. As a consumer I had more knowledge about how to test the equipment then support tech. When I wanted to cancel my account I was left on hold for more then 1 hour, then told I can't without paying a penalty of 23 months. I had no contract and they could not provide me with a copy to show that I was under contract. Terrible experience with this company. I did not contract with them, I had contacted with a different company, however they transferred me to Brinks I paid for 3 years just got tired of all the run around.

May 29, 2019

Ron, We strive to provide the best in customer experience and satisfaction. In reading your review we are taken back by this matter to say the least. As mentioned we strive for the best and we are sincerely feeling deprecatory that this has occurred. We would like to investigate this matter further but unfortunately we have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send me a direct email with at [email protected] with your account info and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Angela Killips
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Terrible customer service, and numerous problems with our system. We changed all the batteries and still had problems. Out of the blue, the alarm would start to chirp continuously, driving our dog crazy, which was horrible when it happened when the dog was home alone. Nothing we did could fix it, including spending hours (literally) on the phone with their support people. They finally sent someone out to try to fix the problem, then sent us a bill for a service charge for over $100. Our contract clearly states that all parts and services (except batteries) required to repair or maintain they system is free of charge. After several calls to them, they refused to remove the charge from our account. We wanted to cancel our service, but they said they would charge us over $700 to do so. This is not in our contract either. So angry and disappointed. Unfortunately, we've had a long history of system problems, and repairs are always short-lived.

May 29, 2019

Angela, We are sorry to hear you are having some unresolved technical issues. At Brinks Home your safety means the world to us and we would not do anything to jeopardize this trust. In regards the life time service plan we offer, there are different tier charges as specified in your contract what your charge is. The reason we do this is so if any customers need a tech to come to there home they are not paying for parts nor labor only a one time fee. We apologize if you were misinformed in anyway regarding the service plan. We will investigate this matter further as we have located your account and we will be sure sure to reach out to you tomorrow. -Jacob B