Brinks Home Security has been a recognized name in home security for decades. Brinks Home Security is one of the world's largest home security companies in the U.S., having more than 1 million customers. Brinks takes pride in its patented ASAPer security technology, which is a mobile platform that allows you to connect with your loved ones fast and efficiently in the case of an emergency. Brink's security monitoring starts at $29/mo

Some highlights of Brinks Home Security company include a 30-day return policy, a no-contract security option, a 2-year equipment warranty, and home automation technology. After a brief rebranding to Broadview Security, the Brinks name has returned after a merging of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security provider.

The Good

• 30-Day Return Policy
  • Referral Program
  • Crash & Smash Protection
  • Home Automation
  • 2-Year Equipment Warranty
  • DIY Installation Option
  • Various Home Security Plans
  • Financing Options
  • Brinks Home Security Cost

30-Day Return Policy

Brinks Home Security offers a no-hassle, 30-day return policy for equipment. Many home security system providers don't offer any type of return policy. This can provide peace of mind to homeowners who want a trial run of Brinks Home Security before fully committing.

Referral Program

Brinks Home Security offers you and a friend two free months of alarm monitoring when your friend signs up and activates their Brinks Home Security system. You can get two free months of alarm monitoring for every friend you refer to Brinks.

Crash & Smash Protection

Crash & Smash Protection means your alarm system will still send an emergency signal through the cloud, even if a burglar destroys the base unit. The security system perpetually monitors your home for a break-in, and if a sensor is triggered, it immediately begins a countdown on an external memory source away from your home. You can disarm the countdown from your mobile app, but if you don't, the system interprets it as a crash and smash break-in and notifies the authorities.

Home Automation

Brinks Home Security features the following z-wave technology home automation capabilities and tools:

• LiveVoice Assist
  • Mobile app control
  • Live video streaming
  • Cloud video storage
  • Doorbell camera
  • Smart door locks
  • Flood sensors

Smartphone control and basic home automation tools are available on all Brinks Home Security alarm systems.

2-Year Equipment Warranty

Brinks Home Security offers a 2-year warranty for all of its products, regardless of your chosen home security equipment pack. If anything in your security system breaks or malfunctions within the first two years of use, Brinks will replace the equipment for free. This can provide peace of mind to customers knowing they won't have to cover replacement fees if something goes wrong. This also shows Brinks Home Security is confident in its products and doesn't expect there to be malfunctions or issues with equipment.

DIY Installation Option

Brinks alarm system is simple and easy to install, allowing you to set up the system yourself if you desire. They also have professional installation for those who would prefer to contact customer service and have a Brinks Home Security expert set up the system.

Various Home Security Packages

Brinks Home Security has different home security packages that allow customers to select the best home security system for them. The two main security packages are as follows:

Nest Secure Package

Nest Secure is a home security system from Nest that is backed by Brinks Home Security's 24/7 monitoring. The system price is $29 per month and $399 upfront with no contract.

• Nest Guard (keypad, motion detector, alarm, and panic button)
  • Nest Tag (button to arm and disarm your system—You can have up to 10 Nest Tags)
  • Nest Detect (multi-purpose motion sensor)
  • Yard sign & stickers
  • DIY installation
  • Add on: thermostat
  • Add on: Nest Cam Indoor

Home Complete Package

The Home Complete Package is a wireless touchscreen security system you can install yourself. This is Brinks Home Security's most basic package, costing $29 per month, $399 upfront, and including a 36-month contract. The upfront cost split into monthly payments is $11.08 per month.

• Brinks Home Touch control panel
  • Hacker protection
  • Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Apple Tv, and more.
  • Ultra-fast alarm signal
  • Smartphone control
  • Home automation
  • DIY installation

Home Complete with Video Package

A more advanced package, the Complete with Video Package is Brinks Home Security's most popular package. The package is $39 per month, $499 upfront, and includes a 36-month contract. The upfront cost split into monthly increments is $13.86 per month.

• Everything included in the Home Complete package
  • Live video surveillance from security cameras
  • Cloud video storage
  • Indoor camera with night vision
  • SkyBell Slim Line video doorbell

Financing Options

Brinks Home Security cost is flexible, as the company offers GreenSky financing for its Home Complete packages. All details for financing are below:

Home Complete with GreenSky financing

• Kit will be offered at $0 down
  • $29.00 per month for monitoring service
  • $11.08 per month at 0% APR for 36 months
    • Monitoring fee + GreenSky payment = $40.08/month
  • 50% off all add-on products (eligible for financing, *monthly GreenSky payment subject to increase)

Brinks Home Security Cost

Brinks Home Security cost starts at $29 per month for 24/7 monitoring. That is relatively low for home security packages. Note that Brinks Home Security pricing also includes a $399 upfront fee and a 36-month contract. However, upfront fees and contracts are common within the industry.

The Bad

• Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available
  • 36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available

Brinks Home Security only offers wireless/broadband monitoring. No landline or cellular monitoring is available; however, many home security customers prefer wireless monitoring, especially over landline monitoring, as it is more flexible and simpler to install with no wires.

36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

A drawback to Brinks Home Security is the 36-month contract. However, it's somewhat common within the home security industry to have a lengthy contract. Brinks Home Security pricing is also customizable as the company has financing options and various home security packages to choose from.

There is also a month-to-month option if you choose Brinks Home Security's Nest Secure Package. This can provide peace of mind to customers who do not want to sign a lengthy contract.

The Bottom Line

Brinks Home Security is an established name in the home security industry. Though the company has been under the radar for several years, the recent rebranding and merger of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch security speak positively to the company's quality. Brink's security is equipped with basic equipment options as well as advanced home automation options, giving homeowners ample amounts of security options.

With its reputable reputation, we definitely recommend considering Brinks Home Security as your security provider. With a 30-day return policy, a variety of security packages, and a no-contract option, Brinks Home Security cost is affordable, and the security solution is definitely worth looking into. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security company. See what customers have to say about customer service, equipment quality, pricing, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at Brinks Home Security below.

2.7

JoElla
October 15th, 2019 Florence, SC DETAILS

Brinks took over my original alarm company and I never had any problems until I moved.... I have been on the phone for over 45 minutes trying to get a service call to the new system in the new home due to multiple general alarms and the front door sensor always being in alarm. I am still on hold waiting and will owe my first born in cancellation fees if I discontinue the service with brinks, I have been hung up on, transferred between the same two departments several times and told that I will be charged for a service call due to their equipment failure. After 1 hour and 15 minutes I have the technicians phone number to call and make an appointment, that's right still no firm appointment day or time. Bottom line- Unless you have hours of your life to waste being on hold, enjoy performing customer service for your self, or an unlimited supply of money explore your options for different security companies.

Dan
October 14th, 2019 DETAILS

First issue was the smoke alarm that the Technician installed, was way too sensitive or at the wrong location. 2 false alarms, with the fire department arriving in front of my house, could not take a shower and leave bathroom door open after use, the alarm would go off. Next was the payments, I do online payments did not have any problem for the first year. Then when Brinks took over issues started, they did NOT receive a payment, told them that I did do a payment and have a payment confirmation # and my bank also confirms that the payment went through. But NO payment at Brinks end, funny thing some payment went through with no problem and then some didn't. WTF?? Called Brinks, explained the situation - they didn't care, and said that I still have to do the payment. I cancelled the account, Brinks sent by e-mail forms to cancel my account, and I would still have to pay the remaining months of the contract -fine. Last payment still hasn't been "received" yet it's been over a month - now they are calling 4-5 times a day asking for a payment. My payments have been sent online, money has been deducted from my bank account, my bank says the payment has gone to Brinks. So what am I suppose to do??

Oct 15, 2019

Dan, We are sorry to hear of this recent experience with us. At Brinks Home we would never mean to make any request a difficult one. Reading the issue you are having with billing are alarming to say the least. We want to look into this matter and resolve it amicably. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected] with your account info and we will be happy to assist you. -Jacob B

SteveHO
October 14th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

We had automatic payments with Guardian Security when Brinks took over. We cancelled at the end of our contract. But Brinks continued to bill our account and would not stop. We called and wrote letters for over a year before they finally stopped. However, as soon as they did, we started getting automatic payments from our bank account to Monitronics. We never heard of them before this. We never signed or asked for a contract. We don't have any equipment now except ADT. This company appears to be defrauding us because we are seniors. If you have Brinks I would get out as soon as you can.

Oct 15, 2019

Steve, The concerns you have brought to our attention are the exact opposite of what strive to bring our customers. We apologize because we never mean to make any request a difficult one. We still are monitronics we simply rebranded our name for better recognition. If you could please send us direct email to [email protected] with your information and we will reach out to you as soon as possible. -Jacob B

Jason LeGore
October 14th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS

Their customer service reps are horrible and rude. Usually they speak in broken english or their grammar is so poor that they probably can't even read the reviews being written about them. This is a worthless service. Just look at the statistics surrounding the effectiveness or need for a home security system. Why would you pay extra money for something that will tell you when your home gets broken into. Super expensive, horrible service, and they change their name every time when they get bad reviews. It has been Brinks, Moni, Monitronics, and there are some earlier names that I can't remember as well. That is all in well under 5 years. Do not ever do business with this company.....no matter what name they go by.

Mar 29, 2019

Jason,At brinks home security your safety and satisfaction mean the world to us. In regards to our dispatch process we actually offer the both, meaning we can call you directly to identify if you need assistance or immediately dispatch but this is of course upon request. The reason this is upon request is because 95% of our customers choose this option when activating and this great reduces your chances of being fined by your city for having false alarms. In regards to your 5 year agreement, we certainly do offer a 30 change your mind policy in your agreement that most companies on offer 3 business days. If there are any issues with your system we have dedicated customer tech support that can assist you in trouble shooting almost all matters and for the ones that require a technician, you equipment do come with a lifetime warranty that takes care of parts, labor etc. We apologize about the experience described when speaking to "Tiara" I am more than happy to investigate this matter further for you and provide a resolution. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided, if you could please send me a private message on here with your account information and I will be happy to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

Tracey Henderson
October 14th, 2019 South Holland, IL DETAILS

I spoke with a representative there today named Keisha. She was VERY helpful and knowledgeable about the company. She helped me fix an issue that i have been trying to fix for MONTHS! She gave me information about my alarm system that no other representative gave me after speaking with at least 6 in the last 6 weeks. Thank you so much Keisha. You deserve a RAISE!

Oct 15, 2019

Tracey, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review regarding your service with Keisha. We will be sure to reach out to her superiors to advise of the great job she did. If there is anything else we can do to ensure you experience stays like this please let us know. -Jacob B

October 9th, 2019 Chapin, SC DETAILS

My original security service company was purchased by Brinks within the last couple of years. Never had an issue until then. In less than two years they have lost two of my payments (by check). The first time I gave them the check number and date sent but Brinks insisted it didn't matter that the check was lost in the mail, they insisted on charging me a late fee of $5.00. I asked the agent to waive the $5.00 fee but they insisted they could not waive the late charge even though my payment record was consistantly good. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the agent told me there was nothing he could do to waive the late fee. Jump forward to September of this year. I began receiving calls from Brinks regarding a late payment on around 9/21 but was unable to take the call at work. On 9/23 (Monday) I answered their call and they informed me that they had not received my check. In this call I provided them the date and check number of my payment. That original payment was sent roughly 10 days prior to due date. It was accepted that the check must be lost in the mail. Brinks insisted that I not only pay the past due amount but also the next months amount due plus a $5.00 late fee. I indicated that I would only pay the past due amount and I would send them another check for the next month's bill when it was due and that I would not accept another $5.00 late fee for the US mail loosing another of my payments. The agent said she would note that I was sending a check and if they had not received within 10 days they would call back. The very next morning I received another call from a different agent saying I needed to pay the past due amount plus my next installment. I indicated that I had just talked to them the day before and had sent a check. The agent said she would note that on my account and that no one would call until 10 days had passed. The next morning I received another call from yet another Brinks agent and relayed the story of the previous two calls and that a check had been sent. The very next day I received an invoice in the mail for the past due amount, a late fee and my next installment amount (which wasn't due yet). Two days later (Saturday if you are keeping count) I received a letter from Brinks with (1) the various ways I could pay my account balance (one of which was by check), (2) a copy of my origianl check with the signature line partially torn off and (3) a memo from the US postal service apologizing for any inconvenience this has caused all of which was postmarked 9/23 (the date I first talked to an agent) On Wednesday (10/2) I called the billing department for an explanation of how they could have received a torn check in early September and not noted it on my file even though it was not possible to process due to the signature line being torn. I also asked why did it take them another three weeks to inform me that they had received a torn check versus putting me into the "past due" collection group. The agent I was speaking to didn't seem to care about the frustration they had caused. I asked to speak to a supervisor, the agent put me on hold and came back a few minutes later saying the a supervisor was unavailable but one would call me within 48 hours. Needless to say, that call never came. Oh, one more twist. While I was on the phone with the third agent attempting to get me to pay a bill I had already paid but apparently was lost in the mail, she asked me to do a system test. We did and everything worked. The next time I went to set my alarm, the panel indicated a zone issue with the zone we had tested. So for a couple days we went without security. I finally had the time to call the technical department and after multiple attempts at checking on the sensor in question, the agent indicated there was nothing she could do and that I would need to have someone service my accout for a minimum of $25 dollars and it would likely be another week before a technician could service my sensor. I ASKED THE AGENT IF SHE COULD HELP ME JUST RESET THE PANEL. SHE INDICATED SHE COULD NOT AND THE ISSUE HAD TO BE ADDRESSED WITH A SERVICE CALL WHICH SHE WOULD HAVE THE SERVICE AGENT CONTACT ME. Later in the day, my wife came home (I had not mentioned the call I had earlier in the day) and she decided to call Brinks for technical support. The agent she spoke with told her how to reset the panel, it worked and we are now back in business. I write all of this to help anyone considering Brinks to think twice. The billing, collection and service departments failed miserably all within a week and one-half time frame, all over a lost check. I have mailed ten to twenty checks per week for the last nineteen years. I can count on one hand how many times the US Postat Service has lost my check - two of which was to Brinks.

Oct 11, 2019

Anonymous, At Brinks Home security we strive for our customer experience to be the best. We apologize to hear of the billing issues you have had with paying for your services. We are more than happy to look into this issue and waive the appropriate fees on our end. We want to be able to look into this further and provide you with a resolution. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected] with your account information. Once this is done we are happy reach out to you as soon as possible. -Jacob B

Mom of 5 kids
October 9th, 2019 Loveland, CO DETAILS

We signed a 6 year contract at $63 a month and are 4 years in. They sent us an email saying we can upgrade our equipment. I called and for $20 a month more they can update our equipment and add another 36 months. For a total of 56 months and $83 a month. After-all new customers come in at $19.99 for 36 months. What a joke!!! Why send emails to current customers saying you have outdated equipment and only get new equipment for triple the price of a new customer plus extending your contact and yet you are a loyal paying direct payment customer??? Apparently in 20 months we will be finding a new carrier as I am not paying the $1300 early release of contract... Then if you need equipment worked on or someone to come out just because there product isn’t working you will pay even more. Nothing they do is to support there customer and keep them returning except the contract we should have never signed.

Oct 11, 2019

Mom of 5 kids, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I would love the opportunity to turn this review into a positive one.However, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. - Juana H.

Alan
October 9th, 2019 Huntington Beach, CA DETAILS

My 2 carbon monoxide sensors reached their "end of life". I inquired about purchasing new ones and was quoted $125/each which is about $25-50 more than same units purchased online. They said that included a service call to have a tech "install" (which means install battery, place on wall). I decided to purchase a plug in model (much cheaper) and called to have Brinks disable the 2 units on my touchpad. Was informed that they could not do it via phone, but requires a tech (and $50 service fee) to make the change on my touchpad. Everything with these guys is about getting their service fee. I'm saving the $50 by cancelling my system and going with something with better customer service and more user friendly.

Oct 10, 2019

Alan, We do our very best to provide our customers with the best possible experience. We apologize that we were not able to remove the carbon monoxide sensors from your system so easily. The reason being is that these are life saving devices and our agents are strictly told not to remove them as error can happen. We are happy to assist you with the resolution of this matter. We have located your account with us and we will be happy to reach out to you by Friday this week. -Jacob B

October 8th, 2019 DETAILS

Our current home security company. Love it called them let them know the battery on my panel is not charging got a new battery in two days also had a tech call to help me install it and help bypass the system during the process so that the services don’t get a call out. They also helped reduce my monthly cost moving forward.

Oct 10, 2019

Anonymous, We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We strive for experiences just like this one and we will continue to provide you and all of our customers with this kinda of experience. -Jacob B

Robert Safadi
September 30th, 2019 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS

Brinks CEO, CFO and COO belong to JAIL. I tried to cancel my account for almost two years they refused to close it until I sold my home. Then they asked me to move it with me HAA HAA. I told them to take their service and put it where the sun don't shine. This is a scam company, they are fraud and they all belong to jail including their employee as a bunch of liars and crooks. Many times they told me they will send me my payment history and final payment mad and their email never show up bunch of crooks and liars Shameka thier account rep should also be in jail. The WORST COMPANY in NORTH American so far.

Oct 01, 2019

Robert, We would never mean to make any request a difficult one. Our goal is provide the best in home security and a great customer experience to match it. We apologize if this was not the case for you and we want to ensure we provide feedback to the parties involved. We have located your account and will begin to investigate these concerns further. -Jacob B

Christi
September 26th, 2019 Pearblossom, CA DETAILS

I’ve been with Monitronics for over 10 years. Brinks took over, claims to be #1. There is no way! I tried cancelling service because I was moving, instead I was bamboozled into believing I’d be able to move into my new house and have new equipment installed since all mine in my old house was outdated (10 years old) at no additional charge. I asked them to shut off my service and restart when I move and have everything installed. Nope, I was charged every month. I’m now in my new house with new equipment and was just charged today $ 869!! WTF?? For what? I never okay’d this. This company is shady. Ask for everything in writing and recordings. I will fight this and am cancelling service.

Sep 27, 2019

Christi, We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. Here at Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused while in the process to relocate your services. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. I have located your account and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete I will reach out to you.- Juana H.

Tyler W
September 26th, 2019 Parkville, MD DETAILS

I have been a customer with brinks for 3 years. My contract was up and I wanted to switch to get a specific system that would work for my household as I took on a renter. I reached out to ADT and they sent a tech out to walk my house and give me a recommendation. I was happy that they had what I needed. I called to cancel with Brinks and the agent said she could offer me what I wanted for a cheaper price than ADT. When it came the day to install the tech did not bring the equipment. So I wasted my personal time at work taking off. The second time he came he installed it and rolled out. I could not figure out how to work it so I called technical support only for them to tell me that I had the wrong system. I spend hours on the phone getting bounced around between agents until finally a woman who understood my problem said she would get in touch with the selling agent and both would call me back. Neither ever did. I called back and tried to get in touch with either of them but to no avail. Finally a woman told me she knew I had the wrong system and was sending a tech out to install the correct panel. She assured me that she would explain to him exactly what to do. So now the day before the appointment I get a call that goes to voicemail saying that they were overbooked and my appointment was cancelled because they didn't know what I needed. This is the third day I had taken off of work. I speak to someone about this and she assures me that my system can do that functionality that I want it to and it just needs to be updated. She sent down the update and said it would take one hour. After an hour nothing happens. I call back and am told that I have the wrong panel again. This time I am told that I either need to pay to upgrade my system or if I wish to cancel pay the duration of my three year contract. They said that for anything else I need to get in contact with the person who sold me my system. An agent reaches out to her in email and say she would call me. Nothing. Another agent reaches out through phone. Nothing. Finally a third agent says she walked out to her desk and found out that she was never notified of needing to call me. I asked to speak with her and they told me she was on break, then she was on the phone with a customer, literally any excuse. The person I was speaking with told me the same thing, even if it isn't the system I asked for , it is a working one. She also adds that I never specifically asked for their "Partition Model". She is right, I didn't because I do not know what that is, I just explained what my house set up is and was hoping someone was going to install a system that would work for my home. To fix the problem I either need to pay out the three years or raise my monthly bill to pay for the panel I asked for initially. Long Story Short: Brinks installed equipment that does not do what I asked for it to do and now they tell me if I want the equipment I asked for then I need to either pay extra for it or to get out of the contract I have to pay the full three years. The phone operators are rude and dismissive, I have never been treated so badly and I feel like I got scammed. I will spend the next three years paying for a system that cannot arm a section of my house because they installed the incorrect panel.

Sep 30, 2019

Tyler, At Brinks Home Security, your satisfaction means the world to us. Thank you for deciding to stay with us over ADT, it does mean a lot to know we could keep another customer protected. We never want for a customer to feel as if they have been scammed by any means. It is our duty to our customers to protect there home and provide with the best possible customer experience. With this being said I have located your account with us and I will be sure to look into this issue further. I will reach out to you by Thursday this week with a resolution. -Jacob B

Aprille
September 24th, 2019 Vacaville, CA DETAILS

I would have given a negative rating if it’s an option. I was in contact with their reps 4-5 different times (after being on hold for 30-45 mins and being cut off 3x) requesting to send me my contract but twice I was told they will be sending it to me but a day later still none. I would like to revisit my contract as they extended my contract due to military relocation. If you are a Military member stay away from this company. They don’t have military clause therefore whenever you relocate you either extend the contract for additional 21 months or pay $550 for uninstalling and reinstalling the equipment/service whenever you move. This company has the worst customer service.

Sep 26, 2019

Aprille, At Brinks Home we strive to provide excellent customer service and I am truly sorry if this was not the case. We are a military friendly company and we do have a military clause. As long as the accurate paperwork is provided, we never hold anyone to their agreements. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information, I will be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Tyler Davis
September 23rd, 2019 DETAILS

Honestly one of the worst companies. They basically do nothing before and after your contract period, do nothing to keep you until you actually quit, and then they charge you for an extra month of service at the end because it takes the 30 days to close your account for some reason. Never been happier to quit a company.

Sep 24, 2019

Tyler, We never mean for a customer to feel like they want to cancel because of the price. In regards to being "Bought", we weren't purchased by Brinks, we simply rebranded our name. We strive to ensure our customers are satisfied with there system based off of there needs and we leave it up to the customer to decide if its time for an upgrade. The reason being is because most customers don't like change unless they feel they need to and we want to respect that. Our customer loyalty team is dedicated in ensuring a customer knows there options before cancelling there account. We are happy to assist you in the resolution to this matter. I have located your account and I will be sure to reach out to you Thursday. -Jacob B

Millie illas
September 17th, 2019 Reading, PA DETAILS

Security system worked fine but when it came to service they didn't resolve my problem and after I told them to cut my service their refusing to and still withdrawing money from my acct. I moved and no longer need this and their giving me a hard time because it's in someone else name yet they allow me to make all type of changes including renewing contracts but not cancel. They need to stop taking money from my accts. And it's ok because I just placed a stop payment on them so they will never get my business ever again. Stay away from this company. They have the worse customer service

Sep 17, 2019

Millie, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us. Please know that we would never mean to make any request a difficult one. We do have policies that only allow the account holder to cancel the account. We apologize if this was not explained to you. Nonetheless we want to ensure this matter is address as soon as possible. If you could please send us a direct messaged containing the account information you are speaking about so we can research and resolve this matter amicably. -Jacob B

Holly Hopkins
September 17th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

My complaint is with "customer service" Issue that started it was that we kept getting offline messages. When I called to schedule a technician, I was told the first available appointment was a month away. They have ONE technician for my area. (I live in a city with a population of 2 million!) During the appointment, he replaced our panel and helped set up the codes, etc. It wasn't until after he left that I discovered that he did not reconnect our thermostat and door lock. My husband spent 2 hours on the phone on Friday. They forgot to put us on hold and it sounded like they were having a party. We were old to call another number and that resulted in technical support saying we had to go thru Brinks again. They were literally Googling the same info that I had also looked up. She told him that a technician would have to come back out. My husband said he wanted a return call on Monday (as of 1pm this still has not happened). That brings us to my getting on the phone today . Waited 45 minutes to get the 1st person who transferred me to Technical Support. Waited another 20 minutes before I got someone. While we were trying to resolve, the call was disconnected. I am currently at 45 minutes and counting waiting for technical support.

Sep 17, 2019

Holly, We strive to provide the best in customer service so all of our customers are satisfied with us. We are so sorry to hear of this technical issue, please know that we never mean to prolong any issue a customer is having. I am happy to look into this matter further and provide you with a resolution. I have located your account information with us and I will be sure to reach out to you Friday. -Jacob B

AnnoyedByBrinks
September 16th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Note: in the interest of clarity and accuracy, this first paragraph has been reworded since my original posting of this review a while ago today. I should have said that from my perspective they *tried* to cheat me out of $300. I was with Brinks years ago before they went belly up for a while. At one point 10 years ago I discontinued service (I think because one of my apartments went vacant for a time), and when I asked to resume monitoring, it turned out that unbeknownst to me they had been racking up a bill totaling more than $300 for additional monitoring fees that I neither wanted nor knew about. They demanded payment and refused to resume monitoring service unless I paid it. That was years ago and I don't recall the precise details, but the dispute had something to do with them claiming that discontinuing my payments was inadequate notice of no longer wanting the service. Although they were no longer getting autopayments, they just started running a tab that I was unaware of. (If you no longer want a magazine, you just stop buying it.) I was not under a contract, by the way. I recall them being SO difficult and hard-nosed that I hated them with a passion, as I felt they were literally trying to cheat me out of $300+. Plus that was at a time when I was poor as a church mouse and they seemed to be acting like a collection agency going after a criminal. That they didn’t try to legally collect lends support to their not having a convincing rationale. Point is, this is how they treated someone who had been a loyal customer for years; and they lost way more than that $300 by losing my business over this—not to mention the good will they did not enjoy at dinner tables with my friends and acquaintances. I went with a different company with better customer service and did not pay the whopping amount Brinks wanted to collect from me, as that would have constituted thievery by them from my perspective. Later I went with ADT and still later when I needed service for a new property, I learned about LiveWatch and went with them. I was very satisfied with that company. Alas, LiveWatch suddenly turned into Brinks. I don't know if LiveWatch just bought the name, or if Brinks resurrected itself and bought LiveWatch . Seems like the latter, to wit: Last year when I had to call support, I was on hold for 29 minutes before anyone answered. It took 49 minutes just to activate new key fobs. Then I had to call back to deactivate the old key fobs, and was on hold nearly 23 minutes that time. Then less than 2 months ago, they claimed my autopament didn't go through. This after years of being on autopay. For some inexplicable reason, they had suddenly tried to put a payment through on an old credit card that they had on file but that hadn't been used in years. You should see the convoluted conversation require in their online chat to get this fixed. Somehow their own records got really screwed up, and it's disconcerting when they do this with respect to credit card numbers. Scary.

Sep 13, 2019

Hello, At Brinks Home we strive to provide customer satisfaction and hearing of this experience is alarming to us. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you. Please know that at Brinks Home we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter, but I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Christine Lane
September 9th, 2019 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

UPDATE: Brinks tech showed up at 6 after running late on last call. Spent two hours here and replaced all old equipment. Was very helpful! We have had Brinks for quite some time. Our equipment is antiquated and hadn't worked for several months. We have called....sat on the phone for hours to no avail. Made an appointment for a service rep to come out two weeks ago. Stayed home, they never showed up. Today we had another service appointment. Stayed home all day and nothing It is 5:04 pm and still waiting. At this point I want to go with another company. Worst Customer Service ever with Brinks!

Sep 09, 2019

Christine, We are sorry to hear of your recent negative experience. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you while in the process to get a service completed. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with the information provided and will be sure sure to reach out to you.– Juana H.

Matt
September 9th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS

DO NOT USE BRINKS!!!!! Like others, I wish I could give 0 stars. Let me start by saying I work in customer service and am the director of a global service desk with over 200 agents and managers. The most important thing I teach them is to sound caring, positive and helpful. Their smile must be seen over the phone. If you can't do that then the job just isn't for you. Don't come to a job where you are miserable and make your customers feel miserable too. That is what you get with Brinks. Even since Live Watch was purchased by Brinks the customer service is terrible. Super long wait times on the phones, some the technical support staff no very little about about the equipment, so it depends on who you get. You might be running down a rabbit hole that takes weeks to resolve or you might get someone who can get your issue resolved in minutes. But why do we need to call so often? Why do I keep having issues with equipment and service? Notifications stop working, sensors stop working, camera uploads sometimes have poor quality. Customer service is definitely the worst part. They don't know anything and worse don't care. They must have it really tough in their jobs because they are always angry, unhelpful, curt and rude. My call yesterday the manager I escalated to basically called me a liar. I had to tell him what I wanted him to put in the notes word for word just to get my ticket updated. I had him read it back to me so I could be confident that he actually did it. I'm changing services as soon as I can even though I am $$ deep into their equipment.

Sep 10, 2019

Matt, At Brinks Home security our customer service is everything and we strive to ensure each and every customer love the interaction. We apologize that you are had to endure this negative experience with us. Please know that we take this matter seriously as all others because we do care about doing right by the customer. We want to investigate this matter so we can provide further research and coaching for all of the perspective agents/managers involved. Unfortunatley we have not been able to locate your account based off of the information provided. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected], with your account information and we will be more than happy to reach out to you with a resolution to this matter. We want to thank you for posting this feedback so we can work towards an awesome customer experience. -Jacob B

shebang
September 9th, 2019 Long Branch, NJ DETAILS

It worked ok for about 2.5 years, then it went bonkers. After the control panel was replaced because the battery of the old one expanded, all the sensors started malfunctioning. Even worse, the motion sensors started reporting false alarms. The police showed up at my house for five times in the past 6 months. The waits trying to fix the malfunctions were as bad as all the other people report and they blamed everything else but their equipment, ie they couldnt fix the problems. The straw that broke the camel's back, when a window sensor reported a false alarm. So I decided to cancel since I cannot have the police keep on coming here for nothing. Theyre giving me a hard time to cancel, so I had to call the credit card company and was able to prevent them from charging me anymore for a system I cannot use.

Sep 10, 2019

Shebang, At Brinks Home Security we strive to provide customer satisfaction. Our technical support team is dedicated to assist our customers with trouble shooting in hopes to resolve the issue and I apologize if this was not the case. We are sorry to hear that you would like to cancel your services with us as we value you as loyal customer. I’d like to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution, but I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Todd
September 5th, 2019 Cedar Park, TX DETAILS

Started as a customer of Guardian Security in TX over a decade ago. We moved to OK four years ago and the service went down hill from there. Had many months where our equipment wasn't working. They had to install new equipment and I guess locked us into a new 5 year contract. We just finished moving back to TX and guess Brinks bought out Guardian a couple years ago. Our service has been so bad that we want out of our contract, but they are not allowing us to get out of our contract. We've been paying customers for 10+ years, and we either have to pay them all the costs for 22 months (over $600 ) to get out of this contract or pay them new hardware they say is needed at our new house. This is probably the worst service I've ever had with a company. Don't sign any contract with Brinks.

Sep 06, 2019

Todd, We are sorry to hear that you had this kind of experience when contacting our relocations team. We of course never mean to make any request a difficult one. In regards to having to purchasing a new system, we do allow all of our customers to take the system with they as it does belong to them. If the system was left inside of the home and you want to transfer the services then we could of course provide you with a new one. I am more than happy to look into this issue further and provide you with a resolution. If you could please send us a direct message to [email protected], with your account info. I will be more than happy to reach out to you asap. -Jacob B

EPajarillo
September 3rd, 2019 Columbus, NJ DETAILS

THIS COMPANY DESERVES NO STARS! EVERYONE READ THIS! Stay away from Brinks. Theirs is the worst service and package! I have been paying for 4 months with the cameras not working at all. I do not have the time to call because it takes customer service 2 hours minimum on the phone to "diagnose" what's wrong, and all they will end up saying is "a technician will have to come to your house" to do the work. Just for the trip visit by the technician, it will cost you $50. Any work that needs to be done is additional. I have had three technicians come on different occasions and I had to pay over $200 each time. They would fix it MOMENTARILY but issues begin again in a matter of days! Then I can't find time to sit on the phone with them so I would go with no alarm. I keep paying monthly because they charge you a late fee if you do not pay on time. Yet, their billing cycle is unclear. In other words, everything about this company sucks! I held on from cancelling for 3-4 months hoping that when I get the chance to sit on the phone with Technical Support, they would help me. I spoke to four technicians today and each time I was disconnected. I must say "they just hang up" because they cannot help. If indeed their service is good and they want to help, they would have called me back when the line went dead. They asked for my phone number each time in the beginning of the call saying "will call you back in case we get disconnected." But no one called me back so I had to keep calling back. I spoke to Fernan, Martin, Ashia, and Kia in that order. When finally I decided to cancel, I pressed "cancel service" it asked if I was moving and that they will move my service. Of course I would not , for the life of me, want anything to do with them. I will have to call during regular business hours. People buy security systems for their peace of mind. There is NO PEACE OF MIND with BRINKS! They just keep taking your money with extremely poor service. TAKE NOTE OF THE # OF POOR REVIEWS HERE. Take note also that each bad review, BRINKS IS RESPONDING TRYING TO SHOW THEIR RESPONSIVENESS TO THE POOR REVIEW. If they can clean up the dissatisfaction of their customers when people have had it, they should clean up their act in the front end. Goodbye BRINKS! I will have more peace of mind knowing I have cancelled my service from your company.

Sep 04, 2019

EPajarillo, We never like for a customer to feel like like we deserve zero stars. Our customer tech support team is dedicated to assisting customers with there service by making sure they are working to the best of there ability. To hear that you were disconnected on, is simply unacceptable and we will be investigating this matter further. With this being said, I have located your account with us and will began my investigation to your account then reach out to by Monday. Thank you for providing us with this feedback, we strive to ensure our customers are satisfied and we will do what we can to resolve this matter as amicably as possible.-Jacob B

EW
September 3rd, 2019 Maple Valley, WA DETAILS

STAY AWAY FROM BRINKS-TERRIBLE SERVICE, HIGH FEES I was a customer for 11 years and always paid on time. Then they forced me onto online billing (or else I have to pay a fee to get a paper bill) and there was always a problem. Suddenly I was getting $5 fees every month for “late payments” when I had set the date in my Chase bill pay over a decade ago and it was always on time. Did they change the due date? Then they raised my rate without telling me and the next thing was I started getting calls from collections - for the $23 that I had racked up in the bogus late fees. Yes, collection calls for 20 bucks, to a customer of over a decade. It seemed the amount I had been paying was suddenly varying every month so the set amount I had scheduled to pay every month from Chase was never enough and I had to log in every month to see what the new amount was or get hit with fees. The amount was always the same when I had paper bills sent though and I barely even had to glance at them cause I had the bill on monthly autopay from Chase. Seems like they were just trying to generate additional fees. It never made any sense to me why the amount was never the same each month after switching to online billing and it was an extra hassle to have to log in each month to find the mystery amount and then log in to the bank to change the amount there also. So I called to cancel and they suddenly offered to cut my rate in half (existing customers, take note - you are paying twice what you should!). I just wanted to cancel though so I esigned the cancellation and then they BILLED ME FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH AFTER THE CANCELLATION! I sent the cancellation on August 12 and they billed me a full month for 8/11/19-9/11/19 because they can’t prorate their bill for one day?!!? I missed the new cycle by ONE DAY and I had to pay for a whole month. I complained and they told me I have to pay it - zero help from customer service. Absolutely ridiculous. Don’t get involved with this company!

Sep 04, 2019

EW, We are so sorry to hear of this issue you are having with your billing. We of of course never like to hear when our customers are wanting to end there protection. This being the reason we offer long time customers like yourself a reduced rate to ensure you stay protected in your home. In regards to your final billing, this is something that is specified in your agreement. In addition this isn't for the billing ahead one month but billing in the rears. All of our customers receive there first month free and are charged for that last month again in the rears. Nonetheless we would never want for a current nor passed customer to feel this was so with this being said, we ask that you send us a direct message with your account information so we can investigate this further. -Jacob B

Skero
September 3rd, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

Pathetic customer service. They are all cheaters, i have been struggling to move my service ( which is under contract ) from my old house to new house and it been 3 months now and they have not transferred it. I am still being charged , even though no service is being provided. Every time i call customer service, all they talk about is increasing my contract period for my new house. I don't know why they want increase my contract for 2 additional years when they are not providing any equipment. !!!! PLEASE be careful and don't fall into their trap. Don't sign any contract before you read it carefully. I am paying $ 550 to end my contract, i can't take it anymore with this company. All they gave me was Stress and NO SECURITY.

Aug 21, 2019

Skero, Our relocations team is a dedicated team that thoroughly completes our customer relocations. We are sorry to hear that there was an issue with your relocation process. We never mean to make any request a difficult one and we want to investigate this matter so we can resolve it amicably. If you could please send us a direct email [email protected] with your account information so we can look into this. We will filled with joy to reach out to you and resolve this matter. -Jacob B

Dick
August 30th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I have never experienced such HORRIBLE customer service, if you can call it service. We have had numerous problems since they bought Guardian. The latest problem has been alarms that show a low battery. We have replaced 3 batteries in less than three weeks. The alarm went off last night and tech support gave us directions of what to do an d said if it happened in the next 2 weeks we should call back and request a tech come to check the sensor. It wasn't 10 minutes before it went off again. I called today and another tech had totally different directions including removing the battery. I can't get on a ladder due to a bad back and said I would have to call back when I could get someone to get on a ladder. I was so frustrated that I called to talk to customer service to get a tech out to my home. I was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours with someone who said she had to go through certain steps. Finally, I got her to get a tech, and he is supposed to call me in about one hour. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND BRINKS TO ANYONE CONSIDERING A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM, NOT EVEN MY WORST ENEMY. I AM GOING TO GO FURTHER TO SAY, IF YOU DECIDE TO GO WITH THEM, YOU CAN NEVER SAY YOU WEREN'T WARNED. AGAIN, WOERSZT CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE ENCOUNTERED IN MY LIFE AND I AM 75 YEARS OLD!!!!

Jan 17, 2019

Dick, We are sorry if there is anything we have done to make your experience with us negative. We would love the opportunity to make this right, if could please send me a direct email at [email protected] with your account information. I would be more than happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Carla
August 29th, 2019 Henderson, NV DETAILS

My moms been a customer for 3yrs. Waiting for my contract to end and they say now I'm a 5 year contract! Talk about taking advantage of the elderly women!

Aug 29, 2019

Carla, We are sorry to hear you would like to cancel your services. Here at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. In regards to the contractual agreement we would never change the terms without our customers authorization. I would like to take a further look into this matter, but I was not able to locate the account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your mothers account I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Juana H.

Michael Fuss Jr
August 29th, 2019 Madison, AL DETAILS

I was a pleased Monotronics customer for 10 years at which time Brinks came into the picture. Immediately Brinks wanted to charge me $4.00 a month just to send me a monthly statement. I declined. Businesses don't operate like that in this country. I set up automatic payments for my current billing rate to be sure they got their money at the end of each month. I could have tried monitored my account on their website but that never worked. When I was trying without success to manage my account on their site I called, actually got a person to talk to but they were clueless as to why their website was nonfunctional. So without any means of communication in place these "security professionals" changed my billing rate and did not extend the courtesy of telling me (Recall that they require extra payment to convey billing information to you). I finally found out about all this in a snarky letter stating that I'm delinquent and am at risk of losing the service (PLEASE BRINKS, CANCEL MY SERVICE!) and they would attack my credit rating. These are the worst people to deal with!! You can't seem to speak with anybody anymore. Telephone waits are ridiculously long. They must think that all I have on my schedule is to sit on hold, catering to their inept style of doing business. As far as canceling the service, rather than go thru all this nonsense of registered letters and emails blah, blah, blah, just shut down the auto pay and they should get the message. My credit rating will survive the attacks of a known inept operation like Brinks. AVOID BRINKS AT ALL COSTS. YOU ARE BETTER OFF WITH NO MONITORING RATHER THAN DEALING WITH THIS DYSFUNTIONAL, BUNGLING OPERATION! I hope Brinks is reading these abysmal reviews and finds new management before it is too late. Looking at these posts Brinks will not be around much longer. Everything I've read on the Best Company site about Brinks is consistent with my experience with them. THEY ARE HORRIBLE. AVOID! Brinks must realize consumer advocate organizations exist that can put an end to their devious tactics. I just found out that Brinks Home Security is in bankruptcy. And these crooks think they can ruin my credit, DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!!

Aug 28, 2019

Michael, Oh no! I am taken back by your review as it is the complete opposite of what we strive to provide all of our customer. Here at Brinks Home we care about your satisfaction and would do anything in our hands to ensure of it. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused you and has resulted in you wanting to cancel your services. I’d like to take a further look into this matter to be able to provide you with a resolution. I have located your account with the information provided and I will be more than happy to reach out to you tomorrow. - Juana H.

555CENTral exchange
August 28th, 2019 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS

We have zero representation in our gov't these days, everything seems geared to protect companies and take advantage of the people. This company is a prime example of taking your money at any cost and giving you the least amount of service possible...

Aug 28, 2019

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback as it allows us to grow as a company. Here at Brinks Home we care about your satisfaction and want to ensure you’re getting the best quality with a great price. We would like to know what we can do to resolve your concerns. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information as well as your situation I will be more than happy to assist you . -Juana H.

S.bergens
August 28th, 2019 Montclair, NJ DETAILS

Brinks is the worst security company. We have been trying to get someone to come out and check the system, that we have been paying for, but have been malfunctioning for over a month. Terrible customer service, malfunctioning systems...not worth your penny.

Aug 28, 2019

S.bergens, At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction is our main concern and will do anything in our hands to make sure of it. I am truly sorry to hear you have been having problems with your security system. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to ensure your system is working properly. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Megan
August 27th, 2019 Fresno, CA DETAILS

Do not sign with Brinks. Absolutely horrible customer service. How they claim to have a customer service award from JD Power and associates is beyond me. Be prepared to be on the phone for a minimum of 40-60 minutes every time you call in. Your issues are never listened to or handled without multiple calls to supervisors if they even do anything about it. They never respond to emails for the supervisors either. Everyone is so rude, unhelpful, and unprofessional . I’ve had so many issues with my equipment. Even when things haven’t been compatible they would not refund me for it. Technicians sent out were completely incompetent. Any time you call in about anything they extend your contract. I had a 3 year contract that expired in 2017 and yet here in 2019 they tell me that I still have 2 years or have to pay $1250 to cancel it.

Aug 28, 2019

Megan,We were given the award by J.D power because more than 90% of our customers are satisfied with our services and this is in comparison to the all of the top security companies. Our technical team can become very busy due to the lengthy time it takes to resolves technical issues customers have. We are sorry that we were not able to get to you as quickly as we like to serve our customers. I would like to look into and resolve your technical issues you are having. If you could please send us an email to [email protected] with your account information, we would be happy to reach out to you and resolve this matter. -Jacob B

Mark G.
August 27th, 2019 Niles, IL DETAILS

Think twice before signing a contract with this company. They have horrible automated customer service. Be prepared to go through a series of voice prompts and then passed from one team to another several times if you need any help, while waiting on hold for an extended period of time. Once you realize you don't want a security company that isn't responsive you will learn that Brinks plays games and makes it difficult to cancel. Their website states "Should the time come when you decide that a home security solution is not right for you, it shouldn't be a complicated process. Simply call us" to start the cancellation process then lists quite a few steps you will have to have to navigate to complete the process. When you call the number provided they tell you they can't assist you and you have to call another number that is only open during a specific time, where you have to play phone tag with one individual that isn't motivated to cancel your account.

Aug 28, 2019

Mark, We never intend to make any request a difficult and hearing a customers wants to cancel the protection of there home, it doesn't sit right with us. We are sorry that this process was not easy for you, we do have a cancellation process as you read on our website, it is quiet simple. I will be doing some further research into matter so we can resolve it amicably. I have located your account and I will be sure to reach out to you as soon as possible. -Jacob B

jubraa
August 27th, 2019 Middletown, PA DETAILS

Honestly, Brinks home security was better when it was LIVE WATCH ! Then Brinks must have bought them out and the customer service and tech support is totally terrible !!!!!!!!! Called tonight to get some tech support for my panel and it said it was going to take 10 min, I was on hold for 33 min. Finally hung up and called sales.... of course sales quickly picked up within 4 sec !!! they said they had to transfer me to tech support. Was on hold again for 34 min.... Says alot about a company that just wants sales but doesnt give a rats behind about their current customers !!! Looking to switch immediately !! Wasted a hour of my life on a company that is supposed to be protecting me !!! What a joke !!!!

Aug 28, 2019

Jubraa, We are still the same great company, Brinks did not buy us out as we simply rebranded our name for better name recognition. Our technical team can become very busy due to the lengthy time it takes to resolves technical issues customers have. We are sorry that we were not able to get to you as quickly as we like to serve our customers. I would like to look into and resolve your technical issues you are having. If you could please send us an email to [email protected] with your account information, we would be happy to reach out to you and resolve this matter. -Jacob B

Rachel
August 27th, 2019 Meadow Vista, CA DETAILS

Welcome to my nightmare! 2 years into a 5 year contract and the alarm is un-usable!!!! After spending all day waiting for technicians to come out and work on it. I try setting it, get a call an hour later with a "break in" alarm. Over and over this has happened. In between I just turn all the alerts off and dont use the alarm but have to pay for it. Customer service is absolutely useless. I guess I am going to have to contact a lawyer because this is outrageous! I'm beyond angry.

Aug 28, 2019

Rachel, We sorry to hear of this recent experience with our technicians, we always strive to ensure our customers homes are protected. In addition we want our customers to be satisfied with our services. We apologize your home was to big for us to monitor so we had to release you from your agreement without penalty. If there is something we can do to make this situation a better one please let us know. -Jacob B

Cheryl
August 23rd, 2019 Sandwich, IL

My mom has Brinks service (formerly Monitronics). Our latest, among many, issues relates to the system alarm beeping every few minutes. We were told that the issue related to the battery so we ordered a new battery. In the meantime, for almost 1 week, the system was inoperable (unless she wanted to listen to it beep every few minutes). After installing the battery, it was established that was not the issue. A representative ran a test and determined "faulty equipment". Okay, but why wasn't that done during the initial phone call...perhaps to charge us $30 for a new battery? Today, a technician was scheduled to look at the equipment. The technician was a no-show. Also, every time we call Brinks, we wait a minimum of 20 minutes to speak to a rep. Did I mention, no rep can seem to determine what equipment my mom has in her house? For those of you that have called customer service, you will know that they confirm the email on file every time.....every time! But they don't know what equipment their customers have. Please, spare yourself or anyone else the aggravation of using Brinks!!!

Aug 23, 2019

Cheryl, I am truly sorry to hear of your recent experience as it is the complete opposite of what we strive to provide all of our customers. We appreciate you provided Brinks Home feedback regarding your experience as it helps us implement process improvements and coaching opportunities were needed. Our technical support team is dedicated to assist our customers with troubleshooting in hopes to resolve the issue and I apologize if this was not the case. I would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to be able to resolve it. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your mothers account information. I will be more than happy to reach out to as soon as possible. – Juana H.

Alan Kirshom
August 22nd, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Brinks took over my service from my original service provider. Ever since then service has been TERRIBLE. Long wait times with customer service, rude people if you ever get someone on the line and I have been trying to cancel for over two month and they keep billing me. Next stop BBB and every review site I can find.

Aug 23, 2019

Alan, we are sorry to hear you would like to cancel the services with us. At Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. In regards to the cancellation of your account, we do require a 30-day written request to properly cancel the account. I would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and provide feedback to the agents involved in this matter. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account info, we will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Todd
August 22nd, 2019 New Port Richey, FL DETAILS

First let me say the customer service from this company was horrendous Signed a five year deal they installed cameras that stopped working in three months called them and they said nothing could do but charge a service fee and we could buy new cameras Then called for additional items again wanted service fee for cameras plus install on fees and the highest price in the marketplace Finally tried to cancel service after contract up On hold 40 minutes when customer service came on tried to keep our business by offering deals after declining all of them they informed me needed to be transferred to cancellation department another half hour wait I finally gave up and hung up I then tried their texting option on their website and after they tried to entice me with more offers finally said could not cancel via the texting option and sent me to cancellation dept After another who knows how long wait finally got to cancellation dept but not after being bombarded with again offers I did not want they explained they would send a cancellation email which I had to look for then follow the link on that email to cancel Which took upwards of two weeks for both of those I jumped goose hoops and imagine my surprise when they chartered another payment to my credit card Now absolutely fuming I called customer service and read them the riot act this finding out that the length of time that all these emails calls hoops etc took went into another billing cycle So now today almost month later I receive a bill for $7.30 I will this company is the worst and petty by nickel and diming customers over charging and making cancellation as hard as possible Please do yourself a favor do not use this company by any means

Aug 23, 2019

Todd, we are sorry to hear you would like to cancel the services with us. At Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. In regards to the cancellation of your account, we do require a 30-day written request to properly cancel the account. The reason for the final 30 day billing which is always prorated is because when customer start there service they aren't charged for the first month of service. I would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and provide feedback to the agents involved in this matter. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account info, we will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Tom
August 21st, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

Horrible company. Zero quality customer service. I fulfilled my 60 month contract to the letter. Cancelling has been a nightmare. Multi steps to cancel, cannot do it online, mandatory holding period so Brinks can suck one more payment out of you. All this after faithfully and stupidly paying $50 month for 5 years. A couple more weeks and I’ll be free on Brinks forever. If you decide to cancel save EVERY piece of paperwork they send, document every call. This company cannot be trusted to do the right thing. My first call to cancel I was on hold for 36 minutes. Out of curiosity I called back, pressed the number to set up a new account, and was connected to a live person in less than a minute. Come on Brinks. You’re better than this. Quit trying to rip people off. Only today, a few days before my final monitoring day, I receive an email from Brinks telling me if I stay my fee will drop to $12.99 month (from $50+) and they’ll throw in a free security camera. Really. Get a clue Brinks. Had your customer service been more courteous from my first call, and offered me some incentive to stay, I gladly would have. Too little, too late.

Aug 21, 2019

we are sorry to hear you would like to cancel the services with us. At Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. In regards to the cancellation of your account, we do require a 30-day written request to properly cancel the account. I would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter and provide feedback to the agents involved in this matter. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account info, we will be happy to reach out to you. -Juana H

Frances Battle
August 19th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS

My Mother used Brinks for years Once she got sick we discontinued the serve because her mind was bad That was almost four years ago. Well we had a big power outage and the alarm system kept coming on and we could not figure out how to shut it down My question is why was the system not shut down four years ago when we discontinued the services.

Aug 19, 2019

Frances, If the monitoring services are cancelled then they are cancelled. We do not have control of the panel itself, if the power had not been turned off on the panel then it would not be off. We provide monitoring services that we dispatch upon receiving verified emergency signals. If you'd like for us to walk you through powering down the system. We can be reached at [email protected], please provide us with your phone number and your mothers account information. Once this is done we will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Jonathan
August 19th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I find Brinks home security service is very slow to respond to calls. I had the window alarm go off and it took about 20 minutes for the phone support to figure out what the problem was. I called for a fire alarm and the tech could not tell me how to turn it off. Then I was transferred and on hold for over 15 minutes. If I had a choice I would definitly go back to ADT. they are fast and responsive.

Aug 19, 2019

Jonathan, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us. We would never mean for a customer to feel like we take awhile to assist with there needs. We do have over a million customers to service and we always our best to serve each and everyone of them as effectively as possible. I am more than happy to personally assist you with your technical concerns. Unfortunately I could not locate an account based off of the information provided. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected], I will be more than happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Lulu
August 19th, 2019 Texas City, TX DETAILS

HORRIBLE STAY AWAY PLEASE... AS of 08/16/19 I'm still dealing with this nightmare!! I've contacted the person that replied BUT WITH NO REPLY FROM THEM EVER SINCE!!!!! I am formally requesting for the third time that; the money taken from my account for the second time in less than ONE WEEK is refunded immediately $--- and the overdraft fee $----- from the first unauthorized transactions that according to your statement was taken out by according to you MR. E immediately. Since the service or even installation never started nor took place. I told you clearly that I do NOT want to do business with a company that has lied to me since day one.CANCELLED EVERYTHING!!!!!! AND NO I DO NOT ACCEPT THE SO CALL " 5 MONTHS FREE THAT YOU OFFERED ME TO KEEP THE SERVICE" I've contacted several times since yesterday 8/8/19 and left messages for you to return my call, and provide your supervisor contact information without any response from you or anybody from the company you represent (BRINKS).

Aug 12, 2019

Lulu, We would never mean to make any request a difficult one. We have a dedicated customer service that can clear up any billing issues that you may be having. I want to look into this matter further and provide you with a resolution to this matter. If you could please send us an email to [email protected] and I will be sure to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Jake E
August 16th, 2019 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

Horrible. Horrible. My contract was up for 2 years. Was just paying monthly. I was going to cancel and switch companies when they told me I had 41 months left on a contract I never signed or agreed to. Needless to say the battle is ongoing. Stay away.

Aug 19, 2019

Jake, We are sorry to hear you are wanting to cancel your services with us. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and I am sorry if this was not the case. I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. I have located your account with the information provided, once the investigation is complete, I will be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

John
August 16th, 2019 Phenix City, AL DETAILS

This is more about their customer service which is so bad that it is almost laughable. Bottom line up front, this company is NOT military friendly. Brinks told me (I have the conversation in text) that military clause would cancel the agreement when I initially signed up, however, when trying to cancel, their "correspondence" who cannot be reached by anyone including account managers who work Brinks in anyway other than email said that they only honor military orders that place service members where Brinks cannot provide service. In addition, I was told that even deployment orders may be "possible" to qualify in cancelling contracts. This company should be blacklisted for service members. Completely dishonest and unprofessional. Tell you anything is possible to get you to sign up and do everything to trap you in.

Aug 19, 2019

John, We certainly our a military friendly company and we do have a military clause. As long as the correct and accurate paperwork is provided we never hold anyone to there agreements. I would like to investigate this matter and clear up any confusion. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account info, I will be happy to look into this and reach out to you. -Jacob B

D. lab
August 14th, 2019 Spanish Fork, UT DETAILS

This place sucks. We had a commercial account. The equipment never worked right. Calling us with false alarms one entire night by automated calls with no way to stop it when we called them. We had no contract as we were with Monotronics who was bought out by them. I tried three separate times to cancel being assured that it was, yet they still billed me this morning. Three separate calls and over 1.5 hours this morning combined wait time to be told it wasn't really cancelled the first or second calls made 20 days ago but was "expedited" on the last day of the month. Then to be told "it takes 30 days" SCAMMMERS is what you are. Plain & simple. You did it that way to get one more monthly payment. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. There are much better choices.

Aug 16, 2019

D lab, Hearing that a customer wants to cancel is never good in our eyes. We strive to be the best home security provider our there. In regards to being bought out, this is not the case. We still are Moni/Monitronics as we only rebranded to Brinks Home Security. There is a cancellation policy that you did agree to upon starting the services. The reason for this policy is so we are able to notify, your local municipalities that you are no longer being serviced. We apologize if that as caused any inconvenience and are happy to resolve this matter. If you could please send us a email with your account information to [email protected] with your account info, we will be happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Lee
August 14th, 2019 Parkersburg, WV DETAILS

I added multiple cameras BUT WAS NEVER TOLD it would require increasing my upload speed. In fact I asked EVERY TIME they said it FINE more than I needed. I have spent hours and HOURS on the phone trying to figure out the problem. They just want you to buy cameras don't care if they work right or not. Told me my first camera would work with smart phone and it was free. Neither was true. Told me to buy a DVR to make it work. Also not true. Told me today I needed a booster. Again NOT TRUE as all cameras are less than 30 feet from the modem. Basically GOTCHA SUCKER is what I would say about Brinks customer care.

Aug 16, 2019

Lee, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us. We strive to ensure satisfaction from all of our customers. We never want a customer to feel like they are given incorrect information. We want to look into this matter and provide coachings to the agents involved as well as resolve this of course. If you could please send us an email to [email protected] with your account information. Once this is done, we will be more than happy to reach out to you. -Jacob B

Kari
August 13th, 2019 Lewisville, TX DETAILS

Brinks has been fine as far as security. Had an issue upfront with the order in which they would contact me is an alarm went off. They had to call the police first and me second which makes no sense whatsoever to me! It was resolved after several phone calls. What upsets me the most is that they only provide 1 yard sign for free and you have to purchase any extra. Monitronics gave me 2 yards signs free of charge. I called to replace those with Brinks signs and they are charging me $10 for one of them! That just baffles me. Isn't that free advertising as well. Complete rip off if you aske me! Kari Biddix

Aug 14, 2019

Kari, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and I am sorry if this was not the case. I would love the opportunity to turn this into a positive review. I have located your account with us, and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Vbinps
August 11th, 2019 Cathedral City, CA DETAILS

Having been a customer first with monitronics Ann snow brinks since 2006 I have been happy with the service. And too lazy to change the service when I saw they were more expensive that Protect America that had better reviews. My older system quit working and Brinks wanted to exchange my preferred cellular system for a crappy WiFi system that is easily corrupted. I am now on hold for 15 minutes waiting to talk to a fourth customer service rep. Ready to call Protect America

Aug 12, 2019

Vbinps, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure all our customers are satisfied with us. We have a variety of systems that have different communication networks and I can assure you they are very reliable. I would love the opportunity turn this review into a positive one and find the best system for you. However, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Gary
August 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I had service with Moni, Brinks took it over and I was paying $45... switched to Ring, and called to cancel 7/23, received confirmation 2 days later 7/25. They proceeded to charge my credit card on August 6th saying that they will continue to serve me until August 25th.... WTF? My cc has refunded me but I would never trust this company for anything in the future. BTW ring monitors for $10 per month and you can cancel at any time and they will not bill you the following month. SHAME on you Brinks! enjoy the $45

Aug 12, 2019

Gary, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with us while trying to cancel your services. Here at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. With that being said we do have a cancellation process that must be followed. I would like to take a further look into this matter, but I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Juana H.

Christian
August 11th, 2019 Lebanon, TN DETAILS

Horrible. Changed the battery in smoke detector. Hit test for the detector. Entire system went off. Alarms blaring. Traumatized toddlers screaming and crying. Entered my code to shut it off. Apparently that just shuts off the alarm in the house. Called Brink's to cancel the alarm. Fire department arrived while I was still on hold. Brinks won't let me out of my contract. The lesson: if you have Brinks you can't test your smoke detectors.

Aug 12, 2019

Christian, We are sorry to hear that you want to cancel due to this. We do have a process to follow when we do get a fir signal. This is we call the premises first and if there is no answer we immediately dispatch in the event that there is a fire. We only want to ensure the protection of our customers and there homes, as this is what we are supposed to do. In regards to cancelling, if you are under a contract then the contract would have to be paid off, as with almost all companies. I am happy to give you a call and address any other concerns you may have. -Jacob B

Summer Smith
August 11th, 2019 Crestview, FL DETAILS

Wish there was a way to give less than one star! System was never fully on the system. Gave multiple errors during install. The last straw was being out of the country for a family death, the system was NOT armed and went off. Police and fire were at my house at midnight trying to reach me. My poor dogs were in the house with the siren going off, neighbor ended up breaking a window to get in, the “hub” was taken out of the house and put in a shed to muffle the siren. Called then and was told they couldn’t turn the alarm off (neither could I because the system didn’t work!). I stayed I wanted to cancel. Now MONTHS later my phone rings 5 times a day to collect on a balance, account wasn’t canceled, and they want to change me an early cancellation fee for their crap system. Buyer beware!! Run as fast and far away from this company as possible. To make matters worse their reps are rude and condescending... not sure how you are suppose to feel warm and fuzzy about these unprofessional people virtually guarding your home!

Aug 12, 2019

Summer, We are taken back to hear about this experience with your system. We would never want for a customer to have these kinds of issues. We offer a multitude of technical options, including a 5 diamond certified technician. In regards to your cancellation, we do require written cancellation procedures either via letter or email . We apologize if this was not explained to you. I have more than happy to look into this matter further and provide a amicable resolution for both parties. -Jacob B

LGable
August 11th, 2019 DETAILS

3 yr contract = expire Apr 29 2019- May 2018 get a False Fire Alarm due to their crappy equipment (per Fire Chief). False Alarm penalty $160.00. That no responsibility. Got and sent in my "Cancellation Nov 2018 - to stop Apr 28, 2019." They hounded me from that point on. Numerous emails and calls back and forth.. never agreeing to go past Apr 29/2019 (I have ADT installed Apr 29, 2019) .. April and May and June no further withdrawal from my bank account,.. then June 17 they took payment of $6.31 and July 16 $26.20 .. Speak to rep (said I extended my contract.. liars!!! then to Supv CHRIS (July 17) who said "Sorry will have funds return to your bank account".. 17 Business days later and no refund!!.. Called and spoke with Angel.. he says "Chris put comment on the account that customer extended contract" ... CHRIS did not call me and advise that BRINKS would NOT be REFUNDING.. Lying, Deceitful Thieves.. I will be going to my bank to have these withdrawals reverse .. and stop this greedy lying bottom dweller company from taking any more of my $$.

Aug 12, 2019

LGable, We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. Here at Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused while in the process to cancel your account. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to be able to provide you with a resolution, but I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.