Brinks Home Security has been a recognized name in home security for decades. Brinks Home Security is one of the world's largest home security companies in the U.S., having more than 1 million customers. Brinks takes pride in its patented ASAPer security technology, which is a mobile platform that allows you to connect with your loved ones fast and efficiently in the case of an emergency. Brink's security monitoring starts at $29 per month

Some highlights of Brinks Home Security company include a 30-day return policy, a no-contract security option, a two-year equipment warranty, and home automation technology. After a brief rebranding to Broadview Security, the Brinks name has returned after a merging of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security provider.

The Good

• 30-Day Return Policy
  • Referral Program
  • Crash & Smash Protection
  • Home Automation
  • 2-Year Equipment Warranty
  • DIY Installation Option
  • Brinks Home Security Equipment
  • Various Home Security Plans
  • Financing Options
  • Brinks Home Security Cost

30-Day Return Policy

Brinks Home Security offers a no-hassle, 30-day return policy for equipment. Many home security system providers don't offer any type of return policy. This can provide peace of mind to homeowners who want a trial run of Brinks Home Security before fully committing.

Referral Program

Brinks Home Security offers you and a friend two free months of alarm monitoring when your friend signs up and activates their Brinks Home Security system. You can get two free months of alarm monitoring for every friend you refer to Brinks.

Crash & Smash Protection

Crash & Smash Protection means your alarm system will still send an emergency signal through the cloud, even if a burglar destroys the base unit. The security system perpetually monitors your home for a break-in, and if a sensor is triggered, it immediately begins a countdown on an external memory source away from your home. You can disarm the countdown from your mobile app, but if you don't, the system interprets it as a crash and smash break-in and notifies the authorities.

Home Automation

Brinks Home Security features the following z-wave technology home automation capabilities and tools:

• LiveVoice Assist
  • Mobile app control
  • Live video streaming
  • Cloud video storage
  • Doorbell camera
  • Smart door locks
  • Flood sensors

Smartphone control and basic home automation tools are available on all Brinks Home Security alarm systems.

2-Year Equipment Warranty

Brinks Home Security offers a two-year warranty for all of its products, regardless of your chosen home security equipment pack. If anything in your security system breaks or malfunctions within the first two years of use, Brinks will replace the equipment for free. This can provide peace of mind to customers knowing they won't have to cover replacement fees if something goes wrong. This also shows Brinks Home Security is confident in its products and doesn't expect there to be malfunctions or issues with equipment.

DIY Installation Option

Brinks alarm system is simple and easy to install, allowing you to set up the system yourself if you desire. They also have professional installation for those who would prefer to contact customer service and have a Brinks Home Security expert set up the system.

Brinks Home Security Equipment

Brinks Home Security has a variety of high-tech equipment that is available as part of specific security packages as well as individually.

• Smart Home Hub — Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Z-Wave, and other home automation devices, the Smart Home Hub includes a wall mount and a table-top stand. It has a high-quality touch screen and includes a removable micro SD card slot for storage. With Z-Wave compatibility, you can have up to 80 lights, 6 locks, 6 thermostats, 6 garage doors, and 21 miscellaneous Z-Wave devices. The Smart Home Hub is also equipped with a 85dB Piezo siren and when the alarm sounds, it is sent to Brinks Home Security's monitoring center through a secure LTE cellular signal. The control panel also encrypts all sensor signals, which means it's hacker-proof.
  • Wireless Door Sensor — Fully functional up to 200 feet from the control panel, you can place wireless sensors at points of entry within your home. They are lightweight and are easily installed with double-sided adhesive tape.
  • Wireless Motion Sensor — Similar to the wireless door sensor, the wireless motion sensor has double-sided tape to ensure easy mounting. The battery life lasts up to three to five years. The detection radius is 80 degrees and signal encryption is Proprietary S-Line encryption. The motion sensor is also pet-safe, so you don't have to worry about pets less than 40 pounds setting of the sensor.
  • Brinks Home Security App — Compatible on iOS and Android devices, the Brinks app allows you to control your home security system remotely. You can manage your door locks, lights, security cameras, and thermostats with ease. This also includes seeing a live video feed of your cameras. With your two-way voice doorbell camera, you can not only see what's happening around your home, but you can also use the app to talk through the camera to your family or other visitors. Lastly, the app gives you instant notifications straight to your smartphone anytime anything noteworthy happens with your home security.
  • Add ons — Thermostats, door locks, indoor cameras, and outdoor cameras are also available individually or as part of the more advanced Brinks Home Security packages.

Various Home Security Packages

Brinks Home Security has three main security package options that allow customers to select the best home security system for them. All packages include professional 24/7 monitoring, and you can try any of them for 30 days and decide if it's right for you. Each package also comes with a two-year warranty. Your package is shipped directly to your home and you can install any of the three security packages yourself or you can pay for installation. For the Smart Security Ultimate package, professional installation is included in the cost.

Smart Security Essential

The Smart Security Essential package is best for consumers who have basic home security needs and want simple DIY installation.

• IQ 2.0 Control Panel
  • Wireless motion sensor
  • Two wireless door sensors

Smart Security Complete

The Smart Security Complete package is ideal for customers who want 24/7 live video feed straight to their smartphone. This package includes an additional motion sensor and door sensor as well as an indoor camera.

• IQ 2.0 Control Panel
  • Two wireless motion sensors
  • Three wireless door sensors
  • Yard sign and stickers
  • Indoor camera with night vision

Smart Security Ultimate

A more advanced package, the Smart Security Ultimate includes professional installation. This package comes with an outdoor camera as well as a doorbell camera.

• Brinks Home Touch
  • SkyBell Slim Line Video Doorbell Camera
  • Two wireless motion sensors
  • Three wireless door sensors
  • Brinks Home Outdoor Camera
  • Professional installation

Financing Options

Brinks Home Security cost is flexible, as the company offers GreenSky financing for its Home Complete packages. All details for financing are below:

Home Complete with GreenSky financing

• Kit will be offered at $0 down
  • $29.00 per month for monitoring service
  • $11.08 per month at 0% APR for 36 months
    • Monitoring fee + GreenSky payment = $40.08 per month
  • 50% off all add-on products (eligible for financing, *monthly GreenSky payment subject to increase)

Brinks Home Security Cost

Brinks Home Security cost starts at $29 per month for 24/7 monitoring. That is relatively low for home security packages. Note that Brinks Home Security pricing also includes a $399 upfront fee and a 36-month contract. However, upfront fees and contracts are common within the industry.

The Bad

• Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available
  • 36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

Landline & Cellular Monitoring Not Available

Brinks Home Security only offers wireless/broadband monitoring. No landline or cellular monitoring is available; however, many home security customers prefer wireless monitoring, especially over landline monitoring, as it is more flexible and simpler to install with no wires.

36-Month Contract with Certain Packages

A drawback to Brinks Home Security is the 36-month contract. However, it's somewhat common within the home security industry to have a lengthy contract. Brinks Home Security pricing is also customizable as the company has financing options and various home security packages to choose from.

There is also a month-to-month option if you choose Brinks Home Security's Nest Secure Package. This can provide peace of mind to customers who do not want to sign a lengthy contract.

The Bottom Line

Brinks Home Security is an established name in the home security industry. Though the company has been under the radar for several years, the recent rebranding and merger of MONI Smart Security and LiveWatch security speak positively to the company's quality. Brink's security is equipped with basic equipment options as well as advanced home automation options, giving homeowners ample amounts of security options.

With its reputable reputation, we definitely recommend considering Brinks Home Security as your security provider. With a 30-day return policy, a variety of security packages, and a no-contract option, Brinks Home Security cost is affordable, and the security solution is definitely worth looking into. Read Brinks Home Security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home security company. See what customers have to say about customer service, equipment quality, pricing, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at Brinks Home Security below.

2.5

GDCox

August 11th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I couldn't go lower than a 1 because it wouldn't let me! I was a Monitronics customer & Brinks acquired them. I didn't even know they acquired them until I tried contacting customer service +2 years into my Contract. I used to respect the Brinks brand, but after I became a customer I found out differently. Brinks doesn't work with its customers or provide the customer with earned value and they cheat & Nickle & dime you to death. When I moved I contacted them about moving my equipment & the told me to only move the sensors, cameras, alarms and leave the Main Alarm panel. When I called them to install the system the told me I had to pay for a new MainAlarm Panel & installation which would cost me $500 plus or they could extend my contract. By this time I was done with Brinks and paid up front. I'm addition they don't look out for their customers! Examples: after they bought out my Monitronics contract they increased the price at least 3 times over the +2 year balance of the contract up to $77 per month - ridiculous! Some of the equipment installed doesn't even last the length of the contract. The fire alarm & carbon monoxide alarms stopped working & replacing the battery did't help. After finally getting in touch with customer service I found out they had an expiration date and needed to be replaced. To replace the alarm I had to pay for it or they would extend my contract. No Thanks! Then when I had enough of them & my contract was fulfilled they continued to charge me $77 per month, but when I notified them I was canceling my service they told me since my contract was over they could change my rate to about $16 a month. Why didn't they do that when my contract was fulfilled as an example of customer appreciation? Then to top it all off they said my contract required me to give them 30 day written cancellation notice. I told them if my contract had expired & I was paying by the month, why did I have to provide written cancellation notice? They said it was policy? I beg to differ, it was another way to get another $77 out of me. I wanted to be rid of them so bad I sent in the cancellation notice. After the 30 days passed on Aug. 7th I noticed a $23 charge to my bank account. They said they didn't receive my notice until July 8th & the charge was a prorated charge from their end of the month until 30 days after they received my notice which was from July 30th thru August 8th - cheated me out of some more money. I will never, never, never recommend or be a Brinks customer again. Dissatisfied 5+ year costumer.

Aug 12, 2020

Hello, at Brinks Home Security our customer satisfaction means the world to us. We strive to ensure our customers are satisfied with us whether they are cancelling their services or not. We never mean to make any request a difficult one. I'd like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. - Juana H.

Jay C

August 8th, 2020 Margate City, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!! We had 2 systems from Protect America, who did a great job with customer service. If they were busy, their system gave you an option where it would call you back and keep your place in the queue. Brinks bought Protect America, so now I've had a chance to experience their service. Need technical service?? Good luck!! It will take you well over 30 minutes to get someone on the phone no matter what time you call. And if you have Protect America equipment and you have a problem, you are screwed. Their technical people (who are based in Mexico and other foreign countries) know nothing about the PA equipment. And that's when you get to them. They have a horrid phone menu that has options that just dump you into limbo. A security system is something that is supposed to make you feel safe, but how can you do that knowing you can't get any help from them if something isn't working properly?? Save yourself the aggravation, get a system somewhere else!

Aug 10, 2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security and satisfaction is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help, and I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Jennifer Miller

August 6th, 2020 New Port Richey, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks took over protect america last month and in the process I got kicked off my own account that I took over from my ex husband over a year ago when he moved out of our house. I accidentally set my alarm off two nights ago and didn't get a call from Brinks but instead got a call from my ex husband saying HE got the call from Brinks. Weird since he hasn't been on the account for over a year. I called brinks the next day and they said I'm not even listed on the account and they show my ex husband is the account holder. I told them I already took over the account over a year ago. The lady told me that in the process of switching from Protect America to Brinks they must not have received updated information and she also told me I am not the first person to call about this. I get handed over to someone else to do a "new owner takeover". The guy takes my name, email and phone number and says he is emailing me a "new owner takeover" form to e-sign then they can put me on and take my ex husband off, fine. I get the form, which is actually a contract, which has 32 recitals I have to agree with, one in particular being that I am giving them permission to increase my monthly bill. I was with Protect America for years and have paid the same amount every month. I told them I am not going to sign the contract. How are you going to take over my account, then kick me off and ask me to sign a contract to get back on my own account? They told me my only other option was to ask my EX HUSBAND to add me to the account...MY account, for MY house that he does not live in anymore. What a bunch of bull! I also received the run around from two people I talked to, both telling me one thing then something else later. Bunch of liars and scammers. Today I called to cancel the service and they told me I cannot cancel and that my ex husband has to and I still have to pay for service for 30 days after he signs the cancellation form even thought I have NOT signed a contract with them!!!

Aug 07, 2020

Jennifer, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that we are always here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. I have located your account with the information provided and will be sure sure to reach out to you by Monday. – Juana H.

Elyse Rotondo

August 5th, 2020 Riverside, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

first night glass alarm trips and police are sent to our home. Have not turned alarm on since. Asked installer to come back out. He told us to fix it ourselves. then Brinks charges me $1150 for equipment that was originally quoted at $700. Shady company. We will do every thing we can to get out of this contract which is not even a contract bc I never signed anything. It's a verbal/email contract. Stay away from this company!!!!!! Monitronics was okay. Should have looked for someone else when they were sold to brinks which btw increased our Monitronics cost of $30 to $50 with no notification.

Aug 05, 2020

Elyse,thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. I have located your account with us, and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete, I will reach out to you. – Juana H.

Nikki

July 20th, 2020 Elkridge, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst service ever I’m stuck with over 1000 bucks in false alarms because no one wants to come out a fix my alarm system this is the worst company I’ve ever worked with I mean I’ve gone months without using my alarm system. Cause they won’t send someone out to check things out don’t waste your time with this company you will spend way to much money in false alarms

Jul 22, 2020

Nikki , we are sorry to hear about your experience and that your system is not working properly. At Brinks Home Security our main goal is to provide all our customers with the best customer experience, and we regret any inconvenience that we might have cause you. With that being said I would be more than happy to look into this matter, unfortunately I have not been able to locate your account. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information and I will reach out to you as soon as possible. -Daniela S.

BH TIGERS

July 18th, 2020 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The response time is waaaaay too long. Called on a Friday evening about a panel not working. First available date to 𝘍𝘪𝘹 is a week later. That is unacceptable for a security service. This is the third time that I’ve gotten such terrible service with a nasty person on the phone. Go somewhere else! ADT has similar ratings and products and is $30 cheaper per month for me. I’m done with this company!

Jul 22, 2020

Christena Dammen

July 14th, 2020 Janesville, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks home security first off lies when they initially talk to you & hook it up they promise to hook up certain thing then when they show up they don't have half of what the say will be hooked up when you call them to find out when they will bring the rest of the things they tell you it costs more We have had 2 faulty panels that had to be replaced after the police were sent out & we got stuck with false calls a total of a $150 Now we have a false fire alarm that keeps going off This is the worst home security system out there When you have a problem you will sit on hold for at least an hour Everytime we have had a problem that has been the case I will be so glad to get rid of this company

Jul 15, 2020

Christena, we are sorry to hear about your experience over the phone and that your system is not working properly. At Brinks Home Security we care for all our customers and the protection of their home. We always act with the upmost integrity and apologize you are having system issues, and by any means we never mean to make any request a difficult one. Furthermore, I would like to investigate this matter myself. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected], I will be happy to further assist in the resolution of this matter. -Daniela S.

Shari Guy

July 9th, 2020 Orleans, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We where with Alliance Home Security when Brinks bought them out. We have had many bad experiences with Brinks. First I found out that we weren't even being monitored by Brinks, they needed to update the equipment which we where told would fix the problem. I then had problems with the indoor camera, at this time it is still not working. Now the smoke detector is not functioning properly. I am being told that it is not notifying them of any problem therefore it is one of the house smoke detectors and not there equipment. Tec support can only tell you what they read from there book, and depending on who you talk to can be very rude. Customer support I would have to say is even worse. She actually has us dismantle parts of the control panel and then clip the tie that was keeping the plug from being unplugged. I am not even sure if we are being monitored at this time. I want out of this contract and this inept company.

Jul 13, 2020

Shari, hearing of your experience is alarming. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your satisfaction is our priority. I am truly sorry to hear you have been having problems with your security system. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to ensure your system is working properly. However, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

micheal sanders

July 7th, 2020 Cape Coral, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Let’s talk about the collections! Awful! I am laid off work due to COVID, take care of a stage 4 cancer patient and their collections team Rosenthal and Morgan is relentless, rude and they are harassing me. I have absolutely nothing right now! I will kill my self before I ever give them a dime! They literally yell at me!

Jul 08, 2020

Michael, thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. At Brinks Home we ensure we are being honest and upfront in all our doings. We are sorry to hear of your experience as we would never want for a customer to feel this way or to have this kind of experience. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account and will be more than happy to reach out. – Juana H.

I Give Up

July 7th, 2020 Endicott, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I found my Time Warner Security system no longer being monitored. Tried calling Time Warner but found they no longer existed. I scrambled to get a security system and went to ADT. A week letter I got a letter that Brinks purchased Time Warner. I spent 4 weeks trying to contact Brinks. I paid the bill so they wouldn't report me to the credit agencies. When I finally got through, I had to sign a cancellation form that will not become active for 30 days. So there's another monthly bill I had to pay for service to protect my credit even though THEY WERE NOT MONITORING my system because it was removed 2 moves ago!!!! They didn't even know it was disconnected!!!! I would recommend them to people I don't like.

Jul 08, 2020

Hello, we are sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been a pleasant one. Here at Brinks Home Security we have a cancellation process to follow of 30 days, this allows us to notify your local municipalities of the cancellation. Regardless we want to ensure each customer is fully satisfied which is why we won the JD power award for customer satisfaction. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate an account based off of the information provided. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected] and I will be happy to reach out to you. -Daniela S.

Ben

July 6th, 2020 Franklin, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is absolutely the worst alarm company going Their primary tactic is to put you on hold until you become frustrated and hang up I’m writing this review while I’m on hold with them and have been on and off for 45 minutes. Whenever the rep comes back I’m going to cancel monitoring why have it my system doesn’t work !

Jul 08, 2020

Ben, we are sorry to hear about the experience that you had with us over the phone. At Brinks Home Security we care for all our customers and your mere satisfaction means the most to us. Please know that we are here to help specially during a time of need. Furthermore, I would like to investigate this matter myself. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected], I will be happy to further assist in the resolution of this matter. -Daniela S.

Faith Wishnie

July 6th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks Home Security is the WORST company in the world. I will never ever do business with them again. Not only that, they are a complete and utter scam. I had ADP and was very satisfied with the service. Then one day I received a call from someone telling me that ADP was bought out by another company and they needed to install new sensors and would install a free RING doorbell as well They come install it and say tell me that I need to sign a contract which I do, and after its all said and done I'm told its binding me to 36 months or something like that. My choice was to have them remove the sensors, have ADP come back and reinstall theirs etc etc. or just live with it which I did. Then I have to move due to Covid and live temporarily with my sister in another state. And Brinks tells me I will owe them $1900 if I don't transfer the service. I tell them I don't have a house to transfer it to. And they continue to charge me monthly. They record all their calls and I asked them to pull up the recording of the very first phone call I had with them where they told me they were a company that bought out ADP. Suddenly they have no way of doing that. They suck!

Jul 08, 2020

Faith, thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I have located your account with us, and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete, I will reach out to you. – Juana H.

Mark Lake

June 30th, 2020 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started with US Alarms where I was under the impression I was signing 2 year contract. Next thing I know US Alarms is out an in court facing lawsuits, and another company took over. Then out of nowhere my app and information changed to Brinks. I've tried several times to contact them and get out of my contract, to which they told me was a 5 year contract and would cost me $1200 to get out of, regardless of how long I had left on my contract. Aside from that, the doorbell camera is AWFUL! It never works correctly. It either goes off every 30-60 seconds for no reason, regardless of where the motion sensitivity is, OR it doesn't work at all. I either have max videos recorded in a day, or i don't have any videos recorded for a month. Currently my app tells me I don't have a doorbell camera at all so. And customer service is a joke. They are very little help, want to charge you for everything, and usually their answer to their failed equipment is to upgrade to something new. Needless to say, I cant wait to be done with this company, and would not recommend to anyone.

Jun 30, 2020

Mark, we are sorry to hear that are wanting to cancel your services with us. We always strive for the best in customer satisfaction and we apologize if this was not the case. In regards to the contractual agreement we would never extend the contract without our customers explicit authorization. With that being said, we want to take a further look into this matter to ensure we provide you with a resolution. If you could please send us a direct message to [email protected] with your information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

sue bova

June 20th, 2020 Syracuse, NY

This is such a horrible company. No follow up and make poor senior citixens ill. You sign up people without their consent and then bill service fees. You have us fill out cancellation forms and do not honor them. I have a 92 year old Mother harrassed by phone calls. If you talk to someone, they actually hang up on you. Who trains your staff? Terrible company, awful customer service.

Jun 23, 2020

Sue, We are so sorry to hear of this recent experience with us. Please know that at Brinks Home Security we strive for an excellent and equitable customer experience. By any means we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I was able to locate your account with us and will be sure sure to reach out to you to ensure this matter is taken care of. -Daniela S.

Cheryl Frantz

June 9th, 2020 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a severe fire at my place of business, and I found out later I was charged over $126 false alarm fee the day of the fire. After several hours on the phone over two days, they refuse to reverse the charges.

Jun 10, 2020

Cheryl, At Brinks Home Security your protection means the world to us. Hearing you had a fire is definitely alarming. We strive for excellence in all we do specifically in the monitoring of all of our customers home. We want to investigate this matter further to ensure we clear any misunderstandings.I have located your account with the information provided and will be sure to reach out to you.- Juana H.

Burns

June 8th, 2020 Gonzales, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was a Brinks customer for over 5 years. In April 2020, I was layoff, so I started cancelling some of the unnecessary home services. Brinks Home Security was one of those I cancelled in April. Thinking I would not be billed again because of the cancellation, NOPE, in May I received another direct withdrawal from Brinks. I called in May, to be told this would be my last bill! But what happened in June, YES another direct withdrawal from Brinks. Call June 8, the CR kept saying the same thing and wouldn’t or couldn’t answer why I was being charged in June for account that was cancelled in April. As I read the reviews, there is one thing most of us have in common, Brinks continue to bill you after your account was cancelled. I do not trust Brinks Home Security

Jun 09, 2020

Burns, we are sorry to hear you want to cancel your services. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Daphne Seaman Miller

June 6th, 2020 Mobile, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Beware! Do Not let the name sell you. Our alarm has went off when we were home. I got alarm notice via text. Police or Brinks did not call for clearance status. Remember, every time they make a house visit to fix something they installed, it will be $50. They also did not provide every thing listed in a contract of 3yrs. THEY WILL NOT LET YOU OUT OF CONTRACT even if they did not agree to what salesman informed as part of the package. Poor customer service.

Jun 08, 2020

Daphne, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience. At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction are or main priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If you could please send me a direct email to [email protected] with your account information I will be more than happy to reach out to you. - Juana H.

Avril Bingue

June 6th, 2020 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I originally signed a five year contract with Monotronics. They had good equipment and customer service. When Brinks bought them, I tried to get out of the contract because of negative customer service experiences. Three years into the contract, I sold my home and moved to another state. I told Brinks about the sale and told them to remove my banking information. I tried to end the contract with several phone calls, receiving different information with each representative. I thought the matter was finally behind me when I received a cancellation letter requesting additional information. I completed and returned it. Brinks began calling at least twice everyday. They wanted me to pay off the remaining two years. One day, over $1,700 was withdrawn from my checking account by Kelley Collections. USAA, my bank, was able to get my money back since they had no authority to take money from my account. Brinks has reported me as delinquent, causing my Excellent FICA rating to fall . They are reprehensible, expecting me to pay for a service I am no longer receiving. Greedy!

Jun 08, 2020

Avirl, At Brinks Home we strive to provide super customer service. We are sorry to hear you no longer want our services. Please know we never mean to make any request a difficult one. In regards to your contract, we do have a cancellation process in which you are responsible for the remaining terms on your agreement if you decide to cancel early. With that being said, I am more than happy to investigate this matter further to ensure we provide you with an amicable resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

marty

June 4th, 2020 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst scam artists in the country and they are in the security business. I have moved three months ago and called them to stop the service and they still billed me for the last three months and have no intentions to stop. My bank called them and they basically told the bank to shove it. These guys are crooks and should be in jail. If I ever go to Texas look out

Jun 04, 2020

Marty, we are sorry to hear that are wanting to cancel your services with us. We always strive for the best in customer satisfaction and we apologize if this was not the case. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Maureen

June 2nd, 2020 Worcester, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks has trapped me in a continuous contract with no way out despite my never agreeing to it a d repeated requests that they stop independently renewing this contract without my input. I have not been able to get any satisfaction and they cruelly ad on cost such as charging me 1.99 because I requested a paper bill and 97 cent cost recovery fee because I refuse to accept this cruel company's policies and pay the minimum. I've never had this trouble with any other company and do not understand than rather than free me from this endless contract (does $23.14 really mean that much to them?) they continue their punitive practice tices and endless overcharges. By the way this alarm was installed in the 1990's and never updated. Monotronics wasn't any better. Does this happen with all alarm companies? I live on $1093 a month and $23.14 us alot for me.oh and with my current bill its $48. 54. There is a $5 late fee ( I was not late,and other fees)This is capitalism at it's worst. I dont have a n online bill so cant upload it. I feel trapped and hopeless.

Jun 02, 2020

Maureen, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. In regards to the contractual agreement we would never extend the contract without our customers explicit authorization. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that.I was able to locate your account based on the information provided. I will be more than happy to reach out to you and resolve this matter. – Daniela S.

Craig Foster

May 29th, 2020 Haines City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks bought the local Monitronics dealer. I immediately called another local Security Company and switched service. I live between Orlando and Tampa and have had lousy service from the big companies (ADT etc.) because their service centers are far away. We sent the cancellation notice Return Receipt. Brinks kept sending invoices. They said they had different terms than Monitronics. However, we never signed an agreement with them. We signed with Monitronics and met the agreed on procedure. After sending Brinks the "Go Pound Sand" letter, we did not hear from them for almost 2 years. Then we get the surprise letter from a collection agency. Fortunately, we kept out records AND our company has changed hands. Screw Brinks. They are Nazi's. And that's really an insult to the Nazi's.

Jun 02, 2020

Craig, at Brinks Home Security we strive to provide the best in home security, and we are dedicated to being fair and honest. We are not a different company; we still are the same company as we only rebranded our name. We of course apologize if there was any confusion. In regards to our cancellation policy, we would never mean to make any request a difficult one. We are happy to investigate this matter further and provide a resolution to you. unfortunately, I have not been able to locate your account. If you could please send me a direct email with your account information and I will reach out to you as soon as possible. - Daniela S.

Edward Bogdanski

May 27th, 2020 Victor, MT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We sold our home and moved across the country in February of 2020. I called Brinks about a month ahead of the move and was told just to call when we moved to cancel, no problem. I was lied to. I called when I moved and was told I had to cancel by email with a form they would send me. And that would be the start of a 30 day cancellation period.! At this point I'm not sure they ever sent the form. A while later I called them again in exasperation still trying to cancel and was told again about a form. This time I got the form, filled it out and still dont know if my account was cancelled. Adding insult to injury I just received a bill for $175 listing cell backup intrusion monitor, 24 hour monitoring, cost recovery fee, tax, late fee, sandpaper statement fee. Brinks service to their customers ranks right alongside cable TV. In my last dealings with cable I turned to my state's attorney general office and received assistance. Guess Ill have to do the same with Brinks.

May 28, 2020

Edward, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Richard B Kates MD

May 18th, 2020 Spokane, WA

Excellent conversion for my existing system. Wireless window/door protection easily moved to new system. No difficulty with tech support. Highly recommend

May 19, 2020

Richard, thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing feedback. At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction are our priority. We are glad to hear you like the quality of the system. All of our systems are very user friendly and have amazing features. If there is anything, we can do to keep your time with us anything other than amazing please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you for being sure sure. – Juana H.

George

May 8th, 2020 Roseville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with them for over 12 years. every year they raise there price and they charge you without any notice. as of today I am paying 39 dollars a month for a 12 years old alarm system that is falling apart. I called and asked them to replace the panel they told me no. I asked them to reduce the price they also said no way. finally my insurance AAA sent me an alarm company for only 19.99 a month. I called brinks and I asked them to match I was on hold for 45 minutes waiting for a manager to approve it and all of a sudden the line gets disconnected by them. guess what no one called me back. I called next day customer service extremely rude when they know you want cancel. and they want me to send them a written request to cancel the alarm by mail. I was like wow and it takes them a whole month to cancel the alarm and they well charge you for the month. I would never do business with brinks again. very bad service

May 13, 2020

George, we are sorry to hear of your experience. At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction are our main priority. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter as we are always here to help. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Dawn Goll

May 6th, 2020 Ringgold, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible customer service, long waits, unfriendly customer service staff, alarm equipment substandard, battery if you lose power plan on buying another central station. The window sensors often don't work and the break sensor does not work unless it is super loud. I was charge for new one, due to I did not mail the broken sensors back to the company on my dime. I was never told that I had to mail back the non-working equipment. So if it breaks prior it off and pay to mail it back to Brinks. The monitoring staff are great. You can turn off your unit but if you took to long, plan to pay the fee outlined in your contract for false alarm. Canceling does not mean canceling the Brinks monitory staff will still call 911 for you. It cost me several times $150.00 on the 4th or 5th false call, the Fire Chief told me to call 911 when my alarm went off and cancel with the 911 operator. I do not recommend this company. There is no way to email the company and you are forced to stay on the phone for long periods of time. This company is not worth your money or time.

May 11, 2020

Dawn, At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction is our main concern and will do anything in our hands to make sure of it. I am truly sorry to hear you have been having problems with your security system. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to ensure we provide you with a resolution. However, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I will be sure sure to reach out.- Juana H.

Robert Pish

May 4th, 2020 Knoxville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

as a long term in good standing customer, purchasing my equipment on the front end, i had signed a 3 year monitoring contract. With only 14 months left on my monitoring contract, we were hit with an EF4 tornado destroying our home, vehicles and belongings. I had reported to brinks that we no longer have anything to monitor due to this natural disaster, expecting them to show consideration for a 15yr + customer in good standing, instead they insisted that i pay the balance of the monitoring contract in order to cancel. So I have learned a valuable lesson, I paid the balance, and will no longer consider them as someone who has their customers interest first, they are all about the money.. I would definitely reconsider any business you may have with them, or opt to use them in the future.

May 06, 2020

Robert, we are sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard situation. At Brinks Home Security we never intent to make any request a difficult one. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. We would like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to ensure we provide you with an amicable resolution. I have located your account and will be sure to reach out to you. – Daniela S.

Serena Ellis

April 28th, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was transitioned over from Moni and I have had the worst experience with customer service in trying to resolve the issues with accessing my account. After several calls and staying on the phone forever, I finally got that squared away. However, I am still having issues with correcting billing errors. My rate increased by $11 without any notification. No one can explain why. I had that same rate with Moni starting in 2015 and it carried over with Brinks up until Aug/Sep 2019. I have to repeatedly keep calling to get my account credited, but then it reverts back to getting billed $11 over. Now I have to make another 🤬 phone call.

Apr 30, 2020

Serena, Hearing of your experience is alarming to say the least. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your satisfaction is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. I have located your account with us and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete, I will reach out to you. - Juana H.

Eileen Casey

April 15th, 2020 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

RUN as fast as you can from this company!!! DO NOT sign a contract with this heartless company!! I signed a 5 year contract with Monotronics (which Brinks took over) and when I had to move, they would not let me out of the contract without paying fortune! I have had to pay their $55 monthly fee for the past 6 months after moving and still have 2 more months to go before it ends. They are EXPENSIVE and have NO COMPASSION! Horrible business practices!

Apr 15, 2020

Eileen, we are sorry to hear you are requesting to cancel due to a move. At Brinks Home Security our goal is to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you in this transition. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all our customers. If there was any misunderstanding from our end, we would like the opportunity to resolve that. We would gladly appreciate it if you send us an email at [email protected] with your account information and I will reach out to you as soon as possible. – Daniela S.

Doris Smith

April 15th, 2020 Pittsboro, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are a cold hearted company no consideration for their customers . I have been a loyal customer for years they used to be Montronics and went bankrupt then changed company name to BRINKS.. but wasn’t notified until a year or longer. They only do maintenance if you pay 50 dollars for service . You have to pay for any equipment that is outdated to be replaced. Think twice before signing a contract with them

Apr 15, 2020

Doris, At Brinks Home your security and satisfaction is our main concern and will do anything in our hands to make sure of it. I would like to reassure you that we are always here to help. We do offer a service plan for our accounts, in which it adds a Lifetime warranty on the equipment for any normal wear and tear. With that being said, we want to give you a peace of mind and make sure your system is working properly. I was able to locate your account with the information provided and I’d be more than happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Lex

April 8th, 2020 Cordova, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Please, shop somewhere else. 0 customer loyalty and unqualified technicians. Never ever again! I dont care what they change their name to, still a garbage security company.

Apr 08, 2020

Lex, we are sorry to hear you feel this way regarding our service. We certainly would love the opportunity to make this right because here at Brinks Home we care for all of our customers. However, I have not been able to locate your account with us. If you could please send us a direct email to [email protected] with your account information. We will be happy to assist you. – Juana H.

Jason Floyd

April 2nd, 2020 Winter Haven, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed a contract for 5 years with at the time who was Monitronics, but was later bought by Brinks. They took on what was left with the contract, which was September 2014 to September 2019. I extended the contract because of 2 smoke detectors they installed for an extra 10 months on the contract. They did a warranty replacement on 2 of my cameras in 2018, for which they said that was another 36 months extension on the contract I did not agree to. They now say I have a contract until June of 2024, which is a lie. They told me though luck. My system is far out of date and they are being paid for a premium service. My control panel is a 2012 and they won't even update that. I told them I want to cancel and they told me 2250.00 and some change. This is not right. They are deceitful and frauds that will do anything to keep their customers from leaving. My home is not the safest it can be, and especially in this time of a pandemic and craziness running around. Thanks Brinks for not keeping me safe.

Apr 02, 2020

Jason, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. In regards to the contractual agreement we would never extend the contract without our customers explicit authorization. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. I have located your account and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete, I will reach out to you. - Juana H.

Toya Brown

March 18th, 2020 Durham, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Out of all the security systems I have had BRINKS IS THE WORST!!! Their customer service is a constant pain. I get nothing but excuses when I call. I have given them many chances to fix the problem but they refuse to deliver.

Mar 20, 2020

Toya, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback as it allows us to grow as a company. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be sure sure to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Sandra Curtiss

March 18th, 2020 Fort Collins, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had been assaulted so needed a company that could come and install cameras where I needed them. They had me pay for 3 cameras but could only install where there were plug in, not where I needed cameras. My cameras haven't worked in over a year and now my monitor doesn't work and they want me to pay for a service call because they say it is MY problem. They refuse to stop taking money out of my account and want $800.00 to end my contract.

Mar 20, 2020

Sandra, Oh no! We are sorry to hear of your experience. At Brinks Home your security is our main priority. I would like to reassure you that we are always here to help. We do offer a service plan for our accounts, in which it adds a Lifetime warranty on the equipment for any normal wear and tear. With that being said, we want to give you a peace of mind and make sure your system is working properly. I was able to locate your account with the information provided and I’d be more than happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

charmaine C

March 12th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Plain and simple: My home in Albuquerque got broken into 2 days ago and Brinks was not there for me. One: they had the wrong phone number so I never got a phone call; 2) I have proof they lied; 3) they were cold and distant; 4) When i called the police and we turned the alarm off after four policeman scoured the place, the cops were horrified that no-one got on the speaker to see what happened. The worst part of this is they bought out a local alarm company and I am beginning to think they fudged the contract which originated with the local folks - I asked for 24 months but somehow has magically been turned to 42 months which is a year away now. I have a little dyslexia so when i read the contract, the original owners could have made a mistake (he said i would get a 2 year contract) and it was an error but because i trusted him, did not read carefully. (that is the best scenario - an error) But here is the deal! I did not think i would live 4 years because of an illness and also I have never and will never sign a four year contract with any entity! Aside from that, some Brinks representative (I wanted out, I no longer trust them) said, over the phone, i did not have a contract with them but it was verbal agreement recorded. I said, "how is that possible - you never had my real phone number!" The woman on the speaker said she tried to call the police but they did not answer after 5 minutes and so she gave up! Honestly? What hurts most is that even though they messed up (I am a senior woman), they are making me stick to the one year left, knowing that it is unethical and immoral. What has happened to these companies? Honestly, when we die, we can't take our greed with us. Get over it! I now am reading plenty of reviews about them and they are awful. I had no idea they bought the local company, for starters!!!! Everyone has duped me, big time. A nice woman from Brinks reached out to me and heard the messages so there is proof even on their end that people lied. I liked her but they have to understand there is a broken trust and it cannot be repaired. I could have been killed, for christ sake! But here is the good news. One of my neighbors has a brother who is a journalist and interested in my story. I did major PR for a University so I know how to make a public relations scene. (I now feel it is my civic duty to do something. To wrong the right. ) I was recently offered to do an editorial on the following: It is not only crime you have to worry about but Brinks and home security systems. I am waiting a week to see if this company wants to do the right thing before I get REALLY MAD and launch my very famous public relations attacks. I am so upset that Brinks bottom line is not humans (us, readers, us) but money... but again, having spent a lifetime in human rights, research, writing and public relations, I am not surprised. To not allow a senior who feels so unsafe at this point to move on and get another security company is likened to being in the same house with a husband who beat you or cheated on you and you can't get out. He just won't let you. Shame on Brinks. I am so heartbroken, I can't stand it. This is not security. But then again, I am a woman of many resources and one of them is my loud mouth if they don't start listening to their inner moral barometer. MY GOD! a home invasion and they expect me to trust them? I am beside myself with shock, disappointment and anger. Sad, what the world has come to?

Mar 13, 2020

Charmaine, At Brinks Home Security your protection means the world to us. Hearing you had a break in is definitely alarming. We strive for excellence in all we do specifically in the monitoring of all of our customers home. We have launched an investigation regarding this matter to ensure we get this resolved. In the review of the account we do see that you have spoken with one of our colleagues and per your request you have a call back scheduled for March 20th. If there is anything we can do before than please feel free to reach out to us and we would be more than happy to assist. – Juana H.

dolfin287

March 12th, 2020 Staten Island, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our monitoring company was taken over by Brinks. The original company was good, but did not service or install equipment. We had an outdated system that needed to be removed and prepared for replacement windows. Unfortunately, we chose to go back to ADT, because they would replace the system - along with monitoring. I notified Brinks of the change and despite this, they continued to take payment every month. Don't bother calling them, as they put you on-hold multiple times for long periods and ask you to call back. You owe me at least $21.72, per month from May 2019 through January 2020. I would not consider this company in the future, nor would I recommend them. The original company's customer service was stellar by comparision.

Mar 13, 2020

Hello, We are sorry to hear you would like to cancel the services with us. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I'd like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to be able to provide you with a resolution, but I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at [email protected] with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. - Juana H.

John Tricola

March 9th, 2020 Woodland, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After paying for 5 years at what started as a reasonable rate, the contract ended at substantially more. It is now March, and I've been trying to cancel service since December. I have done everything asked. Brinks has very deceptive business practices designed to extract every penny possible from your bank account. Be extremely wary when considering signing on to this company. While the service was good, corporately they are on the unethical side.

Mar 11, 2020

John, We are sorry to hear you would like to cancel your services with us. Here at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this. I have located your account and I would be more than happy to investigate this matter further. Once the investigation is complete I will reach out to you.- Juana H.

Julie Schmidt

March 6th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We were absorbed by Brinks from another company. No problem with other company. Can’t wait for contract to end to get away from Brinks. Spent over 8 hours on phone and computer last weekend trying to fix indoor camera. Everyone was from Mexico or Jamaica. They took other cameras that were working and kicked them off the system. Now they don’t work like they should. Finally got appointment for tech to come out. Nope, never really had appointment. Called after sitting around and taking off work to only be told never had appointment. Now appointment is 3 weeks away and system is not working.still having to pay for service. The customer service is the worst. Seems like they don’t care. Could not get appointment in a time that was convenient for us. Told they could look for a 3rd party to come out. Have a five year contract and can’t wait for it to end. Price has also increased. Not worth the service you get!

Mar 11, 2020

Julie,Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it allows us to improve as a company. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you to ensure your system is working properly. – Juana H.

A.S.

February 27th, 2020 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have never felt less safe in my home than when I had a Brinks security system. It has gone off for false alarms 4 times now in the past 2 months. It cost me $50 to have the police respond to one of the alarms. Another time it went off at 11:30pm after my baby had just gone back to bed and woke my partner and I up scared someone was breaking in. I paid $50 for someone to come out and assess the problem and it is still having false alarms causing me incredible amounts of anxiety having to return home and search my house with a kitchen knife to protect myself and my baby because I can't trust the alarm.

Paul

February 24th, 2020 Glendale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I already moved to my new house and Called Brinks to cancel my alarm service on the old house. called talked to Crystal on 2/11/20 at 4:20pm she said that She will send out an the form for cancelled. Nothing happened, so I Called back talked Taylor on 2/12/20 at 12:33am and Taylor said the samething. No form sent, so I Called again 2/24/20 talked to Annashia at 9:22am and still no form as I type up this review. Each day gets delay, means that I have to pay $1.20 a day more.

Feb 26, 2020

Paul, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback as it allows us to grow as a company. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I'd like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with us and I will be more than happy to reach out to you to resolve this matter. - Juana H.

CLIFF BOHANNNON

February 20th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CANCELL MY BRINKS ACCOUNT , FOR 7 MONTHS. EVRY TIME I CALL NOBODY CAN HELP ME. THEY JUST WANT THERE MONEY. I HAVE BEEN BEING BILLED MOTHLY FOR A SECURITY SYSTEM , I NO LONGER OWN. I DONT EVEN LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE. I HAVE TRIED TO FIND A BRICK AND MORTER LOCATION IN DENVER WERE I AM LIVING SO I CAN HANDLE THE SITUATION IN PERSON... GUESS WHAT THEY DONT HAVE ONE... THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE , AND A FRAUD , I FILE A REPORT EVERY MONTH TO THE BBB. IF THEY CONTINUE TO BILL ME I WILL FORCED TO SUE THEM. I RECOMEND YOU NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE MORONS , BECAUSE ONCE YOU GET SUCKED IN YOU DONT EVER GET OUT. AND THEY DONT CARE.

Feb 21, 2020

Cliff, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it allows us to improve as a company. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as we care about your satisfaction. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers and never mean to make any request a difficult one. I have located your account with us and I will be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Travis Johnson

February 17th, 2020 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We relocated in June 2018. I called and tried to cancel service then. Never received the promised cancelation email. Tried to cancel a second time in June 2019 (after paying for a system that was never armed for an entire year). They explained that they could not refund anything, which I begrudgingly tolerated because, as they told me, I should have followed up. They again told I should expect a cancelation email. It never came - again. I then reported it as an unauthorized charge, and stopped payment through my credit card company. Brinks then continued to bill me for another 9 months before reporting the account as delinquent and tanking my credit score 160 points. Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with them and basically got told that they could do nothing for me, except, you guessed it, send another email that I was warned might take 24 hours to arrive. Brinks has continued to bill me for a system that hasn't been armed in over 1.5 years at a property I don't own or live in. They have been unable to assist me in canceling the service, and they have unashamedly continued to bill me for a service they no longer provide.

Feb 21, 2020

Travis, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback as it allows us to grow as a company. At Brinks Home we strive to ensure customer satisfaction and we regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please know that we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter. If you could please send me an email at with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

keith vaughn

February 11th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

we had security through another company which was absorbed by brinks. no complaints on the old co., and so far no serious complaints for Brinks. they did reduce my payments by 25% when I called and asked, telling them I was going to switch to another co. that was going to cost 25% less. (thanks again brinks). The switch was about a year ago and so far so good. My only complaint was that they sent me an updated panel (at no charge) and it took between 1 and 1&1/2 hours on the phone with a techy to walk me through the switchover process. nothing you can do about that so after a year under brinks I have to say I'm satisfied with the system and other than the switchover have had no need to contact customer service which is about as good as it gets. no time on phone with CS or techs equals a satisfied customer. let's just hope it stays that way.

Feb 13, 2020

Keith , we are filled with joy to hear that we are doing a fantastic job. Here at Brinks we aim to match the perfect price with every customer’s needs. We are more than happy to provide you the protection you deserve inside your home. If there is anything we can do to keep your time with us anything other than amazing please feel free to reach out to us. -Juana H.

David T

February 10th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had Brinks security, but they had hidden fees and weren't very responsive to me questions. I stopped using them as soon as possible.

Feb 13, 2020

David, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Brinks Homer we strive to provide customer satisfaction and will do anything in our hands to make sure of it. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. If there was any form of misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at with your account information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Caryn Heffner

February 7th, 2020 Reading, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BUYER BEWARE. This company uses contracted technicians and admit they do not have an adequate amount. My system continually went offline. I asked for a repair on 2/6/2020. They had me disconnect it myself so the alerts would stop. The first available repair appointment was 3/23/2020. They expected me to go without for over a month yet still pay the monthly contract fee. They also expected me to pay them for the repair when it was their equipment failure. My panel has not worked for years. The last contracted technician was rude and told me there was nothing wrong with it. Despite this no one in our family could press the panel code and get the correct response. They have the worst customer service I've ever encountered. I've canceled my service and switched companies.

Feb 10, 2020

Caryn, Hearing of your experience is alarming to say the least. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security and satisfaction is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you as soon as possible to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

Very unhappy customer

February 4th, 2020 Sacramento, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT's customer service representatives lack listening skills and are very argumentative. I have been with ADT for 32 years. My monthly fee is automatically deducted from my checking account. Randomly, the automative service was discontinued and ,because of that, the company sends me a late fee. Customer service refuses to waive the late fee for something they are responsible for. When I ask to speak with a customer service manager I am told I will have to wait 48 hours.

Feb 05, 2020

Hello, We are so sorry to hear of the poor experience you had when contacting ADT. We are however Brinks Home Security and have no affiliation with ADT. If you would like become Brinks Home Security customer, we are more than happy to do so. We did win the award for J.D power for best in customer satisfaction. - Juana H Best Regards,

vicki capka

January 29th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If this could be no stars that's what they would get. They are the VERY WORST. No service , no monitoring no nothing from this outfit. I moved to Texas from Colorado and did not want to use them anymore for lack of service. They are making me pay for 50 more months saying it was a verbal agreement over the phone. I tried talking to them pleading with them to stop harassing me about this and they reported me to credit bureau and my credit score dropped from 805 down to 602. I'm 73 and live on SS . Just because I did not want them anymore and went with ADT they are ruining me financially. They are CROOKS!!

Jan 30, 2020

Vicki, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I’d like the opportunity to take a further look into this matter to provide you with a resolution. I have located your account with us and I will be sure to reach out to you as soon as possible to resolve this matter. – Juana H.

David

January 28th, 2020 Falls Church, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As far as I can tell, "Brinks Home Security" is a poorly stitched together group of smaller companies -- without any coordination between the business units -- with the Brinks name slapped on it as a marketing tactic to evoke a sense of trust and security. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Brinks sales in early January so I could get confirmation on how their "Pro Install" options would work. The most important thing I wanted clarification on was if the wires for exterior security cameras and the keypad would be hidden in the walls. I was only interested in purchasing a "Pro Install" if they could assure me of that. They assured me, in writing, that all the wires would be hidden and provide photo examples of how the work would be done. Based on this information, we purchased a $1,400 package with the "Pro Install" option and scheduled an installation for a few weeks later. "Kyle" was the 3rd party installer for Brinks and right off the bat, as soon as he got to the house, he said he couldn't hide the wires in the walls. When we showed him the emails from Brinks confirming that this could be done, he said Brinks shouldn't have made those promises. Then he tried to sell us a different, non-Brinks exterior security camera system without wires. We let him know we just wanted the install done as promised, and he said it couldn't be done and walked off the job. (1st broken promise from Brinks) Suffice it to say, we were really upset, especially since we had planned a special trip to our house in New England for this installation. When we called Brinks customer service about the issue, they were very apologetic and promised to have someone from a higher tier of customer service investigate the situation and contact us again with a better explanation of why the installer left, as well as offer a proposal to "make it right". A few days later, we started getting phone calls from the "Pro Install Scheduling" group to try and schedule another installation. I told them I was expecting a call from a higher tier of customer service before we rescheduled -- they had no idea what I was talking about. Calls from the "Pro Install Scheduling" group continued day after day and we never got a follow-up call from anyone from a higher tier of customer service with the answers they promised, even though we called them a few times proactively. (2nd broken promise from Brinks) Yesterday, we called customer service and spoke with "Kathleen". We asked for two things as a final attempt to get this sorted out: 1) We asked her to speak with the installer before they come, so the installer can confirm that they are going to make every attempt to hide the wires in the walls. 2) We also asked her to give us the installer's contact info so we could speak with them before the installation as well. Kathleen and her supervisor assured us that they would personally handle this, and would contact me with the information today. Well today came and the "Pro Install Scheduling" group called again and said they had an installer lined up for this Saturday. We told them we were waiting for someone to speak with the installer and then call us with the installers contact info. The rep said that wasn't something that Brinks does. I called customer service and spoke with Kathleen again, told her what was happening, and asked to speak to her manager again. Kathleen told me she couldn't transfer me to any more managers in her group and that I needed to work with the Pro Install group to sort this situation out. I pointed out that she and her manager had made a commitment yesterday to sort this out, and now they were kicking me to another Departmnet. She apologized but stayed the course (3rd broken promise from Brinks). I had a mini tantrum on the phone since I probably had sunk 6 hours into Brinks by this point, and just as you'd expect, they treated me like I was the problem. I cancelled a few minutes later. Good riddance!

Jan 30, 2020

DJ, Oh no! Hearing of your experience is alarming to say the least. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as your security and satisfaction is our priority. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. If you could please send me an email at with your contact information I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

La gata Valenzuela

January 25th, 2020 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service also charge me when I even had a contract with them anymore... spoke to Jessica in regards to the over charge she stated her supervisor couldn't take the call and that I needed to call back Monday, I asked if the account could be noted and that matter I could get a call back she said that even if that was done I was not going to get a call back... and that we need to call, just horrible.

Jan 28, 2020

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please know that at Brinks Home we never mean to make any request a difficult one. I would like to reassure you we are here to help and would be more than happy to take a further look into this matter. If there was any form of miscommunication or misunderstanding from our end, we would like to rectify that. If you could please send me a direct email to with your account information, I will be happy to investigate this and reach out to you. – Juana H.

SAMMY

January 21st, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Brinks Home Security is by far the worst security service I've ever had the displeasure of having. The sales staff that I had pitch the product was the biggest joke I've ever seen, they made it sound like the Security system I was getting was top of the line, and the Doorbell camera was state of the Art, but in reality, it was always setting off false alarms, and the doorbell camera NEVER WORKED. I recently purchased a house out of state, and Brinks wanted me to pay $1,000 to transfer my service, and $350 an hour to check the Brinks Security System in my new home, with a minimum of 4 hours. If I would've known I would be this upset about my security system, I would've invested in Blood Thirsty Pitbulls. I would never recommend Brinks Home Security to anyone. Its not worth the Headaches and Nonsence your going to receive.

Jan 22, 2020

Sammy, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it allows us to improve as a company. At Brinks Home we take this type of matters very serious as we care about your satisfaction. Please know that we are committed to be fair and honest with all of our customers. I would love the opportunity turn this review into a positive one. However, I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at with your account information ,I would be more than happy to reach out to you. – Juana H.

Tired of Brinks

January 20th, 2020 Marana, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Brinks for quite a few years. Recently I moved and bought a new house and transferred the contract. It took months and repeated phone calls to transfer and then cancel the service. I would call and get an answer. Then I would have to call back because the service was not turned off. Then I would get a different answer. I started recording the phone calls and played them back because sometimes they did not have an a record of the call. Most times the information I got was so much against their policy that they would not believe me until I played the recording. Very unreliable. I also got three different answers from three different people on the same 1 1/2 hour long phone call today. Avoid at all costs. Horrible customer service, unreliable service, variable ability to answer questions to to carry out requests for service. The entire point of a security system is to feel secure. I have no confidence in Brinks.

Jan 22, 2020

Hello, We are truly sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. At Brinks Home we strive to provide superb customer service, and when one of our customers feel that we have failed their expectations it is tremendously important for us to know to be able to rectify it. I would like to take a further look into this matter, but I was not able to locate your account with the information provided. If you could please send me an email at with your mothers account I will be sure sure to reach out to you. -Juana H.