Founded in 1853 and headquartered in New York, New York, Travelers is one of the nation’s oldest and largest property casualty companies. Travelers products include insurance for cars, boats, travel, weddings and events, renters, and homeowners.

The Good

• Policy Basics
  • Add-Ons
  • Travelers Perks

Policy Basics

Typical Travelers home insurance policies include the following:

• Dwelling coverage
  • Other structures coverage
  • Personal property coverage
  • Loss of use coverage
  • Personal liability coverage

Add-Ons

Additional coverages include the following:

• Special personal property
  • Contents replacement cost
  • Additional replacement cost
  • Jewelry and valuable items
  • Personal articles floater
  • Water backup and sump pump discharge or overflow
  • Identity fraud
  • Green home coverage

Travelers Perks

Home insurance customers in select states can get an Amazon Echo Dot with Alexa to help manage their policy and home.

Policyholders can access OpenHouse, a home history report tool that helps you understand the history of major renovations of different homes while you home shop.

Policyholders can save with a multi-policy discount, recent home buyer discount, green home discount, and protective device discount.

The Bad

Bundled Savings Vary

While residents in most states can save up to 10 percent on car insurance when bundling it with a home insurance policy, residents of Texas and Oklahoma can only get up to 7 percent savings when bundling policies.

The Bottom Line

Travelers home insurance comes with attractive perks and the company’s longevity is hard to beat. Plus, Travelers announced in 2019 that it will soon streamline its policy renewal processes through the use of artificial intelligence (AI), which is expected to improve underwriting efficiency and improve the customer experience.

Call our recommended rep over at Travelers below.

Kaitlyn G.

December 5th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had our home insurance at Travelers for years with no issue. They are always the most cost-effective for the same coverage elsewhere. We've had no claims (fingers crossed), so I can't comment on that part.

Logan Cook

November 26th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We utilize Travelers for Renter's Insurance, and while we've never need to utilize it, we consistently hear great feedback from many leasing companies.

Jason Pyrah

November 5th, 2018 Willard, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had to file a home insurance claim through Travelers and I found the turnaround time was great and the customer support staff was very helpful to the questions that I had.

Brian Slade

August 28th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

I had a conversation with their customer service department and it went very good. They were great to work with.

Becky Rasmussen

August 17th, 2018 American Fork, UT

Excellent customer service with financial umbrella of a lot of financial services. Security of knowing that property can be indemnified in case of a catastrophic event. Offers personal customer service with home visits from account executives.

Anne Kimball

July 26th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

We use Travelers insurance to insure the homes my work owns and they own thousands and thousands of homes and they have made it so convenient to manage of their insurance! They've always had great customer service.

Kaleb Herbert

July 7th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would never use Travelers for my Home insurance. The adjustors estimate the losses very very low, and are very hard to get a hold of. Homeowners end up usually having to pay out of pocket expenses. Their policies have many stipulations that after filing a claim I realized my loss expenses were excluded from my policy and I ended up paying a lot of out of pocket expenses.