SelectHealth Logo

SelectHealth

7.6

With decades of experience, SelectHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to its members.

SelectHealth offers customers a variety of health care plans. Customers can also purchase dental insurance from SelectHealth.

View SelectHealth Reviews

SelectHealth works with Intermountain Healthcare to enhance healthcare value for members in Utah and Idaho. It has received several awards and recognitions for its health plans, caliber, and member satisfaction.

The Good

• Positive Customer Reviews
  • Health Insurance Plans Offered
  • Member Resources
  • Unique Features
  • Customer Service

Positive Customer Reviews

SelectHealth's reviews on Best Company are primarily positive. The percentage of 4- and 5-star reviews is one of the highest on the site.

Reviewers express satisfaction with customer service, clarity, coverage, and claims.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Brittany Wilkinson from Herriman, Utah

"I choose Selecthealth for my health insurance every year because I trust them to take care of my family. They pay out quickly and cover everything we need covered. The customer service is always helpful."

Health Insurance Plans Offered

SelectHealth has a lot of health insurance plan options to choose from. The health insurance plans are not limited to just one format. SelectHealth offers private health insurance plans and health plans that meet the Affordable Care Act's requirements like covering the essential health benefits, including preventive care. It also offers Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and dental insurance plans.

SelectHealth even offers short-term health insurance for individuals or families who are in between jobs or simply need temporary coverage.

Health insurance premiums, annual deductible, and out-of-pocket expenses (copays and coinsurance) for each plan vary based on several factors, including the coverage offered, age of the insured, and number of people insured. Some consumers may qualify for a monthly premium subsidy instituted by the Affordable Care Act.

Provider networks may also vary based on the plan you choose. For example, Preferred Provider Network (PPO) plans cover in- and out-of-network patient care, though at different rates. PPO plan members benefit from greater flexibility when choosing a physician.

Member Resources

The online member portal through SelectHealth is called MyHealth and gives plan enrollees access to so many tools. Through it, you can view your health plan's benefits, limitations, and coverage. You can also read up on your rights and responsibilities as a member and get help finding a primary care physician or specialist and setting up appointments. These services apply to both general practitioners, mental health physicians, and other care providers.

One perk to SelectHealth's claims process is that it is paperless. You won't have to deal with that hassle, and once you file a claim you can track it 24/7 online. SelectHealth has a member services phone number, but members can only contact them during certain business hours with this number.

Unique Features

Like most other health insurance companies, SelectHealth has both a Find a Doctor tool and a Find a Facility tool. On the website, you'll also find simple explanations for each plan and ways to contact the company to find out more (and shop for plans that are specific to you).

The mobile app is also convenient, which actually has several capabilities. On the app, users can view their health plan's benefits and see how much coverage has been used so far. Users can also use the app to find a pharmacy or urgent care, email your ID card information if needed, and even see what the status is on wait times at an Intermountain InstaCare facility.

Member discounts are definitely another advantage at SelectHealth. With a health plan, you could pay less on a gym membership, eyewear, or hearing aids. SelectHealth also has discounts on supplements, alternative medicine, and personal training-items that seem luxurious but could actually have a big positive impact on your health.

Select Heath offers health education to members who want it. Through its additional services, its programs can help get you on the road to stop smoking or to lose weight, for example.

SelectHealth was created and is operated by the well-known Intermountain Healthcare organization. This hospital system was founded in 1975, and along the way SelectHealth was initiated. It has expanded to serve customers through a variety of health plans. Intermountain Healthcare has a great customer service reputation, and this culture extends to its health insurance partner. Together, the two prize high-quality health care services.

Primarily, customers can contact SelectHealth through one of its main phone numbers (including numbers dedicated to member services) or a secure message form. It also offers the opportunity to set up a live chat or schedule a call.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Kilee Wagner from Bountiful, Utah

"We've had select health for years and have been very happy. The EOB's are very easy to read and self explanatory. Customer service is great to answer any questions."

SelectHeath does have a helpful FAQs section, social media profiles, and even a company blog. All of these resources connect them to members and potential customers as well. Once you are a member with SelectHealth, of course, your resources leave little to be desired.

This insurance company has done an excellent job of providing members with almost any tool they would need. These tools help members find health care services by locating primary care doctors or specialists and hospitals. Other tools allow members to view benefits, file a claim, and even find advice for their health.

Get Quote

The Bad

• State Availability
  • Business Hours Only

State Availability

If you're a potential Select Health customer, you'll want to know that the company only provides insurance in Utah and Idaho. If you don't live in these states, you'll need to find another insurer.

Business Hours Only

Customers can only contact Select Health during certain business hours, not 24/7. Even though members can access their online portal 24/7, it would be nice to have the option to contact a company representative, if needed, during the evening or early morning.

The Bottom Line

Medical expenses can be high and difficult to pay for. Having a health insurance plan provides policyholders with access to discounted health care prices and help paying for care. These discounts, deductibles, and limits on out-of-pocket expenses are frequently referred to as health benefits.

Select Health is a recommended insurer because of its high customer ratings. Its service area is quite small, limited to only two states: Utah and Idaho. Because of this, its customer base and network are much smaller, and SelectHealth insurance policies aren't available to most consumers in the United States.

As long as you live in one of these two states, this insurance company offers positive customer service, a variety of health plans, and convenient tools. It's easy to explore plans, compare premium costs and deductible amounts.

Once you enroll, SelectHealth makes it easy to find a network doctor with its Find a Doctor tool. Its paperwork is all available online through a member portal.

Considering the good service it offers, SelectHealth is a recommended insurer.

Call our recommended rep over at SelectHealth below.

4.0

Melissa Magnusson Charlotte, NC

Every time we had a need They covers it. They worked well with us always and it was affordable

Wilkshake Lehi, UT

I have been a Select Health customer during my working years and now in my retirement years. I have always been happy with the services they provide and the things that are covered medically.

Tammy West Valley City, UT

SelectHealth has good medical coverage. They are easy to work with and politely answer any questions when I call.

Emily Marlowe American Fork, UT

We wish we could go back to this insurance company! They were great to work with, had customer service that knew the answers to our questions, and made health care easier!

Van M. Orem, UT

Great company, great service, they always go the extra mile to solve any problems. I have had great service and it is a good price for what we get.

Freddy V Idaho Falls, ID

I had Select Health for a couple of years and the service was great! Customer service was also great if I had a question it was pretty easy to get a hold of them.

Karli American Fork, UT

I’ve only been a customer of SelectHealth for a short amount of time, but my experience so far has been great. The coverage options are great and haven’t had any issues with our plan.

ang Milwaukee, WI

They have agents that can clearly explain benefits. They consistent go above and beyond with helping you find Drs that are in network to maximize your benefits.

Rachel Butler Provo, UT

I don’t love it. Pretty disappointed by coverage, difficult to understand charges etc. doesn’t feel like the company advocates for me as an individual

Jake Mecham Lehi, UT

Absolutely superior. It is much cheaper than other health insurance companies and you actually get great service.

Mary Alice M. Orem, UT

When I've called SelectHealth to help me find certain doctors or set up appointments they are SO nice. You can tell they really take their customer service seriously, and I really appreciate that. We've had good experience with the coverage they provide.

Alexis Hirschi Idaho Falls, ID

I've been with Select Health for several years now. The prices are good and they're always quick to help when I have a situation come up.

Cal Hunter Riverton, UT

Used SelectHealth for the better part of 30 years. I've found them to be fair and efficient with their claims. Pricing is competitive.

Wendy Hunter Riverton, UT

SelectHealth has a wide reach and all of our doctors have accepted them. They have processed our claims quickly and efficiently. I can highly recommend them.

Tamra Ashby Salt Lake City, UT

Very respectful and helpful. Willing to research a edibles and helo resolve ot as quickly as possible.

Morgan Knight Salt Lake City, UT

Select Health is a great insurance provider for the most part. We did have a hiccup where a rep wasn't clear about what would be covered for a need for my daughter's ABA therapy, and that was a stressful. The Select Health Rep told the ABA therapy provider that the therapy would be covered so we began the evaluations and process when we came to find out our plan did not cover that, but because we were already in the process we had to pay the evaluation and initial therapy fees, and look into other options. Those that we talked to on the phone from Select Health were for the most part helpful and caring in the process, but there wasn't much they were able to do after the clarification of the error from the rep had been made.

Lars Hamilton Carmel, IN

Best health insurance we ever had. Not too pricey but great coverage and even a personal touch with holiday thank you cards that are handwritten. Always followed up and researched claims for us. Least hassle with any insurance company we’ve used.

Amy McCarlie Orem, UT

We have been with them for a long time. Easy to get ahold of someone and they always answer my questions and are willing to help!

Steve Knight Salt Lake City, UT

I like this company and its website. I've never had trouble with claims or finding providers.

Mike Salt Lake City, UT

Select Health is a great health insurance company. Great rates. Costumer service is always helpful and accepted most places around where I live.

Jennifer Ashby Salt Lake City, UT

I have been very pleased with Select Health in Utah County. The insurance is accepted most places I have wanted to go, and if it’s not I have been able to find another option. The coverage seems to be above average and the customer service is great. I have called a few times with questions and the wait time has never been too long and they have been able to answer my questions.

Christina Healey Provo, UT

SelectHealth has been a great company to work with for our health insurance. They are on top of sending us our insurance cards every year, there’s a friendly app, and they will reimburse you for a gym membership!

Wendy Ericksen Salt Lake City, UT

I've had great experiences with SelectHealth covering my routine and maintenance care. No major surprises. Good coverage.

Raymond Hyde Park, UT

Great network of hospitals and great doctors. We have had all of our children with select health and we have had a great experience.

Natalie D. Logan, UT

During my first pregnancy, someone from SelectHealth called to congratulate me and offered to call once a month to answer any questions I might have about the process. It doesn't get any better than that.

Jill Hunsaker Logan, UT

I have had selectHealth for many years. I have found the easy to work with and very helpful.

Amanie Crosbie ,

SelectHealth had all of my favorite providers on it which was very encouraging. I was always able to resolve claim issues, when and if I even had any. My company moved onto another insurance provider but I always had a positive interaction with SelectHealth.

Teah Garner ,

For the most part Select Health has been great. The biggest issue I’ve had is communicating with them. Their website seems to be down a lot and I’ve had to jump through a lot of hoops just to get ahold of someone. But in the end it has always worked out.

Johnson Smithfield, UT

I have been lucky enough to have select health insurance for years. My claims get paid quickly and they always have the providers I want.

Wmosmith12 Smithfield, UT

We have liked Using SelectHealth as our insurance. It has been reliable and affordable.

Shyanne Ovard Eagle Mountain, UT

Have had good packages for insurance that has worked for a single person. Lots of providers

Cdavid St Louis, MO

Select Health has been a very good insurance company for us, we have not had any issues with them. The hospital near where we live uses Select Heath and there are a lot of things covered under our plan that were not covered with other insurance companies we have had in the past.

Heather Anderson Providence, UT

SelectHealth has been good to work with our family. They are easy to communicate with and I feel like their coverage is better than most insurance companies.

Dale Howe Logan, UT

A solid product with personalized customer service. They have a great reputation in healthcare.

Caytee Wankier Idaho Falls, ID

Select Health has a great customer service. Also one thing I always appreciated about them was that they didn’t just provide insurance, they taught me about insurance. Great company.

Crystal Logan, UT

Great insurance. Easy to understand. Amazing customer service. Their statements and payment options are easy to understand. They have financial assistance as well

John E Leadore, ID

We have purchased select health group for our business I’ve been very pleased with the way they have cared for our employees

Katie Elliott ,

SelectHealth was a great experience. We had them for work and they were very easy to work with. I wish we could always have this insurance.

Lilly Logan, UT

I am a broker and I enjoy selling fir select health. They are a very solid, steady company that offers quality insurance, good customer service, and fair prices.

David Anderson Providence, UT

Our company where I work just switched over to select health. I have been super happy with this change. All the doctors are in network, the app is super easy to use, they seem to be very easy to work with so far.

Jamie Jorgensen Millville, UT

Good turnaround time on claims. Very informative statements. Coverage plans are easy to understand. Web page open enrollment easy to use.

Robyn Johnson Smithfield, UT

I enjoyed having Select Health as my insurance provider. Great customer service.

Leisha Logan, UT

I’m new to Select Health this year!! I am grateful there are great insurance options for those of us who are self employed. I’m grateful they have different options that are affordable. I thought I was going to have to go without insurance.

SKleven Salt Lake City, UT

We had select health for our health insurance for a few years. I was happy with the ease of selecting good doctors.

Kristi Johnson Logan, UT

I like that they are affordable that they get back with me as soon as possible. And they have saved me a lot of money.

Ashlee Bair Los Angeles, CA

We’ve had Select Health for the last 3 years. They’ve always been quick to pay, had good coverage and treated us fair.

Cassie Flammer Logan, UT

We love select health for our insurance for our entire family. They are so easy to work with and we love them

Maverick Denhalter Salt Lake City, UT

Select health has been really easy to work with. They let you easily check up on claim statuses and don’t leave you out in the dust with unknowns.

Tiffany Vollmer Midvale, UT

We love Select Health and the security it gives us in the event that medical insurance is necessary to take care of my family. The automatic monthly payments that they offer makes it that much easier to work with.

Tyler Strieby Lehi, UT

I had SelectHealth while I was a college student. It was a plan that was offered through my work. The premiums were manageable (especially for a college student) and the plan and benefits were great. I wish that I could still use SelectHealth!