With decades of experience, SelectHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to its members.

SelectHealth offers customers a variety of health care plans. Customers can also purchase dental insurance from SelectHealth.

View SelectHealth Reviews

SelectHealth works with Intermountain Healthcare to enhance healthcare value for members in Utah and Idaho. It has received several awards and recognitions for its health plans, caliber, and member satisfaction.

The Good

• Health Insurance Plans Offered
  • Member Resources
  • Unique Features
  • Customer Service

Health Insurance Plans Offered

SelectHealth has a lot of health insurance plan options to choose from. The health insurance plans are not limited to just one format. SelectHealth offers private health insurance plans and health plans that meet the Affordable Care Act's requirements like covering the essential health benefits, including preventive care. It also offers Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and dental insurance plans.

SelectHealth even offers short-term health insurance for individuals or families who are in between jobs or simply need temporary coverage.

Health insurance premiums, annual deductible, and out-of-pocket expenses (copays and coinsurance) for each plan vary based on several factors, including the coverage offered, age of the insured, and number of people insured. Some consumers may qualify for a monthly premium subsidy instituted by the Affordable Care Act.

Provider networks may also vary based on the plan you choose. For example, Preferred Provider Network (PPO) plans cover in- and out-of-network patient care, though at different rates. PPO plan members benefit from greater flexibility when choosing a physician.

Member Resources

The online member portal through SelectHealth is called MyHealth and gives plan enrollees access to so many tools. Through it, you can view your health plan's benefits, limitations, and coverage. You can also read up on your rights and responsibilities as a member and get help finding a primary care physician or specialist and setting up appointments. These services apply to both general practitioners, mental health physicians, and other care providers.

One perk to SelectHealth's claims process is that it is paperless. You won't have to deal with that hassle, and once you file a claim you can track it 24/7 online. SelectHealth has a member services phone number, but members can only contact them during certain business hours with this number.

Unique Features

Like most other health insurance companies, SelectHealth has both a Find a Doctor tool and a Find a Facility tool. On the website, you'll also find simple explanations for each plan and ways to contact the company to find out more (and shop for plans that are specific to you).

The mobile app is also convenient, which actually has several capabilities. On the app, users can view their health plan's benefits and see how much coverage has been used so far. Users can also use the app to find a pharmacy or urgent care, email your ID card information if needed, and even see what the status is on wait times at an Intermountain InstaCare facility.

Member discounts are definitely another advantage at SelectHealth. With a health plan, you could pay less on a gym membership, eyewear, or hearing aids. SelectHealth also has discounts on supplements, alternative medicine, and personal training-items that seem luxurious but could actually have a big positive impact on your health.

Select Heath offers health education to members who want it. Through its additional services, its programs can help get you on the road to stop smoking or to lose weight, for example.

SelectHealth was created and is operated by the well-known Intermountain Healthcare organization. This hospital system was founded in 1975, and along the way SelectHealth was initiated. It has expanded to serve customers through a variety of health plans. Intermountain Healthcare has a great customer service reputation, and this culture extends to its health insurance partner. Together, the two prize high-quality health care services.

Primarily, customers can contact SelectHealth through one of its main phone numbers (including numbers dedicated to member services) or a secure message form. It also offers the opportunity to set up a live chat or schedule a call.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Kilee Wagner from Bountiful, Utah

"We've had select health for years and have been very happy. The EOB's are very easy to read and self explanatory. Customer service is great to answer any questions."

SelectHeath does have a helpful FAQs section, social media profiles, and even a company blog. All of these resources connect them to members and potential customers as well. Once you are a member with SelectHealth, of course, your resources leave little to be desired.

This insurance company has done an excellent job of providing members with almost any tool they would need. These tools help members find health care services by locating primary care doctors or specialists and hospitals. Other tools allow members to view benefits, file a claim, and even find advice for their health.

Get Quote

The Bad

• State Availability
  • Business Hours Only

State Availability

If you're a potential Select Health customer, you'll want to know that the company only provides insurance in Utah and Idaho. If you don't live in these states, you'll need to find another insurer.

Business Hours Only

Customers can only contact Select Health during certain business hours, not 24/7. Even though members can access their online portal 24/7, it would be nice to have the option to contact a company representative, if needed, during the evening or early morning.

The Bottom Line

Medical expenses can be high and difficult to pay for. Having a health insurance plan provides policyholders with access to discounted health care prices and help paying for care. These discounts, deductibles, and limits on out-of-pocket expenses are frequently referred to as health benefits.

The pros heavily outweigh the cons with Select Health. True, its service area is quite small, limited to only two states: Utah and Idaho. Because of this, its customer base and network are much smaller, and SelectHealth insurance policies aren't available to most consumers in the United States.

As long as you live in one of these two states, this insurance company carries the promise of positive customer service, a variety of health plans, and convenient tools. It's easy to explore plans, compare premium costs and deductible amounts.

Once you enroll, SelectHealth makes it easy to find a network doctor with its Find a Doctor tool. Its paperwork is all available online through a member portal.

Considering the good service it offers, SelectHealth is a recommended insurer for health insurance.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Health below.

3.8

Bryan Jensen

March 31st, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had select health forever. Their customer service is excellent, their hospitals are great

Myken

March 11th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had Select Health insurance in the past and they were great. Their service is excellent and accepted at the facilities closest to me that I prefer to receive care from. When I needed assistance the customer service was great.

J Connelly

March 5th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had select health for 12 years. I feel like almost all places take that insurance. We had a problem with billing when I had my last son and had to go through a process but they did end up covering it.

J M

March 4th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Having the insurance isn’t so bad but dealing with the insurance on a professional basis is awful. They are a monopoly and don’t care what kind of service the provide.

JS

March 3rd, 2020 Coeur d'Alene, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Be VERY CAREFUL of Select Health. They want you do undergo routine procedures that require anesthesia without having it. That's about as primitive as pre civil war surgeries. I would guess that their idea of anesthesia for open heart surgery is a couple of shots of whiskey and a bullet to bite down on. Many many providers DO NOT accept this companies benefits. I'm guessing the CEO does not live by his own companies recommendations

Jessica

March 2nd, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Heath is great. They can quickly answer all of my questions any time I call.

James Conder

March 2nd, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used to have Select Health for my insurance at work. I loved the value and options we had with them. Our options for in network doctors were great and always had options close to home. Wish we would have never switched away from Select Health

Aidan Keogh

February 28th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have like Select Health Insurance. The coverage is great and the number of available facilities and providers is large. They are quick to pay out benefits and to inform us what they plan on paying.

Sandi Burkinshaw

February 28th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service and provide a wide variety of providers. I generally am able to find a provider that I am compatible with and will listen to my needs. Easy to contact customer service.

take7

February 27th, 2020 Sandy, UT

One of my favorite insurances. Lots of perks and savings. The customer service is very helpful and easy to access and get response time and feedback. They cover all the well checks and no co pay and what they cover with deductible was so affordable. Never had a problem when I had select health. Wish we still had them at work.

Fife32

February 25th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Select Health, my only complaint is that it does not cover international expenses.

Julie Taylor

February 23rd, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We currently have Select Health insurance. They are so quick to get us our estimate of benefits and to pay the benefits. Makes it so we know what we owe in a timely manner. Wish that there website was a little more user friendly.

Kilee Wagner

February 22nd, 2020 Bountiful, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nicholas Cloward

February 21st, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the hsa fund/account. A good idea. They waste too much paper when they send notices

tania moe

February 20th, 2020 Olive Branch, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had Select Health when I was with my previous employer and I only had great interactions with the customer service reps. Any time I needed help with finding a new dentist or family doctor, they were helpful. Any doctor or emergency room/instacare visits were always taken care of without need to contact Select Health.

Nichole Hiatt

February 20th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had Select Health for about 6 years. Overall, I was very happy with the service. I rarely had issues with billing errors during those years and customer service was always helpful to answer questions.

Molly Keogh

February 19th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our coverage with Select Health is great. The are always very propt with paying our benefits and letting us know what we still owe. Their web site is not the most user friendly to figure out who we can see under our specific plan.

April H

February 18th, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had Select Health insurance for years and they have done a great job for our family of seven. I feel like they have been the least frustrating of all the insurance companies we have had (we've had five or six). They are always helpful and can get you the answers you need. I feel like they really begin with the customer in mind. If you are in the providing area, I would highly recommend them.

Hallieford

February 18th, 2020 Arlington, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I get select health through my work and it’s been great. It is always clear what is covered.

Summer

February 17th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had select health insurance for ten years. It’s a great company, that has treated us good.

fernandopessoa

February 17th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had select health for a long time and it’s super Expensive for what we get. We still play $1100/month and that’s for a high deductible plan (14,000). Customer service has always been decent when i have had to call though. I always ask what the out of pocket cost is not because chances are it significantly cheaper than running it through your insurance. Mixed feelings.

Bob Muench

February 17th, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Provided through my employer. It was good insurance, and the options that we were able to choose. They have handled cases well with few problems. Their customer service people are always helpful and friendly.

Amy Christian

February 16th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The select health app is amazing. I use it to find new physicians. It is also easy to verify coverage so that there is NO question whether I will be covered or what my responsible portion should be. I can easily see my claims in one place. I also love that I can see my card on the app. That has come in handy when I left my card at home!

Jon Robinson

February 13th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great insurance for Utah since they cover IHC facilities. Customer service has always been good.

Kbr

February 13th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can’t tell you the number of times that I will get a bill from SelectHealth literally 10 months after the fact that says it’s late and I’ve never received one. They need to find something different with their billing!

David T

February 10th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Health is a great insurance company, my only complaint is that the premiums just keep increasing by a lot every year.

Audrey Mitchell

February 10th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Health was a great starting heath insurance company. They had good rates, but eventually, the other health insurance companies offered more.

Michelle Schow

February 10th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you live in Utah, Select Health Insurance is the best option because they have a wide range or providers. They also have a Member Advocate line with representatives who will help you with making appointments and everything you need.

Nikki Zimmerman

February 9th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had this insurance for years and we love it! We have never had any issues with anything not being covered.

Jami Lucas

February 9th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have always had this insurance and have been mostly pleased. I do feel like the deductibles are very high, and it’s hard for my family to afford most years.

Camille

February 8th, 2020 Lynnwood, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very reliable and great coverage in network. Never had a problem with my health insurance.

Eddie Rios

February 7th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Health has always been a great insurance foundation for our family. They cover just about anything and their customer service is excellent. They know how to support you through their claims process, simplifying wherever possible. And the reaction time to issues and questions is pretty quick. This is not the old model where difficulty is the norm. Select Health provides easy website platforms, solid customer service, exact answers to questions, no run-around, and quick payment of claims. They are the example to copy!

Bryndie

February 4th, 2020 Managua, MN

Pretty easy to get in contact with customer support if you need help. Not accepted very many places but good coverage if you can choose where you go

Juliann Mecham

February 2nd, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Health is an average insurance company, is is very hard to contact them, and it takes a lot of time. Costumer service is not the best.

JamieD

January 30th, 2020 Orange, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think insurance companies in general are hard to work with. I feel like they’ve been seamless to work with and customer service has been great

Cam McClellan

January 26th, 2020 Magna, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Health has been easy to work with as our insurer. I don’t love that our premiums keep going up drastically but that is more the health system in general. The doctor selection is really good too.

Myra Howes

January 10th, 2020 Provo, UT

You are my favorite. Your website has always been so helpful to me, especially the part where I can search for doctors in my area that are with Select Health. I am grateful for the benefits of free flu shots I've been receiving. I have appreciated the reaching out of employees to me by an actual handwritten card on occasion to make sure that if I had any other questions, that I knew they were there to help. Great customer service. I feel like you really care about me when I call or interact in any way.

Adrianne murray

December 30th, 2019 Brigham City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would say this is one of the bigger insurance companies in Utah. We had them for a few years. Because we are a small business owner we are paying for our own insurance each month. The prices were getting more expensive. It ended up in the end not worth it but if the prices came down all that we would definitely go back as almost everybody except them. I do love their hospitals so that was definitely a plus

Jon

December 19th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible insurance company that has actively and repeatedly stymied my cancer treatments and needed medications. They may be fine if you've got a common cold, but you'd better pray for a more professional and competent insurance company if you develop any kind of serious chronic condition. If you have this insurance and ARE unfortunate enough to develop a serious chronic condition -- God help you. There are too many examples and too much detail to articulate here but, as an example of my last encounter with this company, they refused to pay for a medicine that my Dr recommended, stating that their board, that meets once per month, had decided that other medications might be better and I had to try several of them first. Some of these meds could have serious, if not fatal, consequences for me if I took them but, while this was obvious to my Dr, this board knew nothing of this fact because they know nothing of my medical condition. So I have been left with two options: Fill prescriptions for these meds, throw them away and go without the meds that I need for several months and retry for the med later, or actually take the SelectHealth meds that are dangerous for me and which actually cost MORE than the meds that my own Dr wished to prescribe. I expected a level of knowledge, expertise, and professionalism from my insurer that this company seems unwilling or unable to supply. Stay away from this company if at all possible.

Erin Bengtzen

December 12th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

the best care in the valley. I hated not having access to IHC with my previous insurance. Select health has great options for great prices.

Cf

December 3rd, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had had good experiences with Select Health for many years. In 2018, I got cancer and wanted to go to the Huntsman Cancer Center. I called and the representative said I wouldn’t be covered elsewhere at the U, but expenses at the Huntsman would be covered. So thankful to have gone to Huntsman. I had a great experience and felt the care was better than I received elsewhere. (I tried another hospital first.) If you have cancer, go there, quickly. When the bills started coming, there were a few surprises. The statements were months late, so I couldn’t remember the service or the date. Thankfully I keep a journal and a calendar. They didn’t want to cover a blood draw lab at Huntsman, because the bill said “University if Utah” on it. It was in the Huntsman Center, the lab was there, but the bill said U of U. However, a very kind lady at Select Health helped me find an appeal form and get it in. They did accept the appeal. I had to do this several more times, which was difficult while dealing with cancer. However, the phone service reps are exceptional. So unusual to find well-trained customer service reps nowadays. I even received thoughtful notes from several of them, with their direct phone number so I could get straight through to them the next time there was a need. I did that a few times. It felt like a friend was helping me. I’m so grateful to be able to speak to a person, even on Saturdays!! Because of my mom’s Alzheimer’s and my own health concerns, Select Health provided someone to check in with us and make sure things were going okay. We didn’t need financial help, but they were willing to help with that. I can’t express how much Zane S and Patricia G helped us. So very thankful for them. Select Health also has a lot of wellness programs, if you have the time to take advantage of them. I was able to do their weight loss program for free because of my BMI. Because of that program, I no longer qualify for it!! Yay! I have checked the reviews for other insurance companies in this area, and Select Health outshines them all. Like any company, they have their moments, but their intent is good. BBB gives them an A+ rating, while another local insurance company I considered gets a D+. BBB has served me well, and my own experience tells me to stay with the company who cares, Select Health! Thanks to their leaders, who foster such an atmosphere of caring.

Courtney carlson

December 2nd, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great coverage for Utah. So nice that we have it through my husbands job. Really like this company.

BeauCarl

December 2nd, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unfortunately SelectHealth has monopolized the medical providers in my area so we don’t have much choice what is really frustrating is the co-pay per office visit on my plan has gone up to $50 per office visit which can add up quickly with the family. I understand plans are different however we are paying the premium medical health insurance plan and the fees continue to go up but the benefits decrease.

Connor

November 28th, 2019 Farmington, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I currently use Select Health and I feel like they cover everything. I definitely would recommend them!

Daphne Brown

November 24th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just started with them and it is encouraging. They were able to resolve one of my first issues pretty easily and helping me get rolling well.I was surprised they weren't supported at many clinics.

Tom Gourley

November 19th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A company that offers a full range of health services at reasonable prices and typical customer service

Kaydence Bonino

November 14th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our health insurance is currently through select health. This year we took advantage of the gym membership reimbursement program. They give you back $20 per family member. I had a hard time setting it up and their customer service was wonderful.

Kathryn Robinson

November 10th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think Select Heath provides exceptional care and service with their health plan. I have been a member of their health plan for almost 20 years. I think one of the real benefits of Select Health is their member advocates program. They have an access number for members to call and get help with finding a provider, determining health care costs, etc. Their member advocates team is VERY helpful!!

Jon Posey

November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think Select Health is decent. I think my plan is ok but not amazing. We've had some surgerys and births and every hospital is different so its hard to just rate the provider. They have a lot of online tools which is convenient.

Tony

November 6th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Of all of the insurance providers I've had, Select Health offers the best plans at the most affordable prices. Currently have a Silver plan and am renewing for 2020.