Oscar

7.2

M. Smith San Antonio, TX

I have been extremely happy with the benefits of having OSCAR! I am only leaving now because I have reached Medicare age and am moving to Medicare. I have utilized the Doctor on call a couple of times and messaging someone to be given further instruction on how to do certain things with my OSCAR account. I am pleased that I found OSCAR!

Lydia Benavidez San Antonio, TX

Very helpful,answered all my questions. Called the Pharmacy to check the status on my order that had been taking long to get delivered. Reassured me that he would keep me updated . I'm very happy with how I get taken care of

Joe Juarez Bellevue, TX

Everything has been wonderful with Oscar. They always keep you up to date on things. The cost is decent and affordable. I have not had any problems with Oscar in the in the two or three years that I have been with them. They also bill you on time.

Caitlin Austin, TX

The Oscar app is unlike anything I've experienced. It has everything you need. You can get ahold of a doctor at any time for questions. Your concierge team answers anything you find confusing. I've found amazing health care professionals based on their reviews. And they give me money for making appointments and staying active!

Paige Brooklyn, NY

It's always easy to make appointments, see my history or upcoming appointment details, communicate about pricing before going to an appointment, and the pricing is very transparently broken down within the app. I honestly have no complaints.

Brian B San Clemente, CA

Healthcare simplified! Billing is clear, concise. Customer service is helpful and quick to respond. Seems like Oscar avoids bombarding its' customers surplus information / advertising etc. A refreshing experience compared with the more established Healthcare Providers...

Mark Santos Austin, TX

Good rates and easy to use website. I haven’t used much of the medical benefits since I’ve been blessed with good health, but they are available. If you hardly see doctors and maintain good health, this plan is the most practical.

Christina Independence, OH

I am self employed and have had Anthem health insurance, and Medical Mutual for the past several years, I currently signed up with Oscar health insurance and I have to say I am very pleased the pricing is fair, the coverage is great and the billing is a breeze to understand. I give in a thumbs up. 👍

Oluwatoyin Awofeso Austin, TX

Best insurance I've had ever! I really enjoy the case management part of my plan because i am highly forgetful. It is great to know that there is someone making sure I dont miss out on any of my health related obligations and benefits.

Joan vangurp East Setauket, NY

My experience with the Oscar associates Angie and Scott have been extremely positive. They are caring thorough and have followed up with my questions and concerns in a timely manner. They really have made a difficult situation manageable Thank you for their help

Keiko Sakamoto Laguna Beach, CA

My daughter is seeking health Insurance now that she is no longer age-eligible to be insured under our family health insurance plan. She asked me to take a look at Oscar online and what an impressive and easy website to navigate for researching options. She decided to sign up btw!

Sophia Witte New York, NY

I went on Oscar's website when I was looking for health insurance and was super impressed with how easy it was to enroll. I ended up getting health insurance through my job but would definitely switch to Oscar if I ever need to enroll on my own!

j Plainview, NY

removing gym reimbursement without notice is not right to your members. Replacing with steps, while it comes close to rewards, it is a lower dollar amount rewarded, and you increase the required steps once you hit that particular goal. while I understand that Oscar is in it for profits, this will hurt the bottom line of the company. While steps are important, there are other forms of exercise which are also just as important, for instance swimming and bicycling. Both are activities which I engage in and now will not be entitled to reimbursement. Sad that you are really no providing encouragement to good health but rather looking to not only increase the bottom line, but also to gather data on your members. Shame.

Reply from Oscar

Hi j, we're sorry to hear you feel this way, but we appreciate the feedback and have sent it to our product team for review. Previously, gym reimbursements required documentation to be submitted and reviewed. We wanted to create a program that would be more convenient for our members, so we introduced Step Tracking so members could continue to receive rewards for staying active. The program makes it easy for members to monitor and meet their step goals daily, and cash out for an Amazon Gift Card at any time directly from the Oscar app. If you have questions or would like to share additional feedback you can reach us at 855-OSCAR-55 or by sending a secure message from your account or the app.

Sep. 11th, 2018

Marina Gibbons Los Angeles, CA

My husband and I were nervous about going with such a young Insurance but it was the best thing we did. It really is great. The options for Drs is great and the claim process is simple and clear. Not to mention the dedicated Customer Service. We even get amazon $ for steps. Highly recommend.

Nicole Brooklyn, NY

With Oscar, I can have a Doctor call me back in 10 mins or less AND they prescribe/refill medication. That's huge for me! And when I do need to see a doctor IRL, I can ping my rep there directly and he finds me the best doctor for me, close to work. I know its pricey but its still cheaper than everyone else and they are totally worth it.

linda posillico Albertson, NY

I've had a very good experience with Oscar but nervous now because 3 doctors have dropped Oscar and I'm having a hard time finding new doctors who take the insurance...its making me uneasy now. I went to a specialist in Oscars plan but then I got a bill for over $700. from Oscar. They (Oscar) said "one of the doctors 3 office locations was not medically covered" yes, I said "the doctors location of his office" and I should have know that info prior to seeing the doctor.,,in other words, if I saw the doctor at one of the other 3 locations, I would be covered...crazy! The specialist dropped Oscar and released me of any responsibility of payment and ate the loss...isn't that a shame that Oscar stiffed the specialist and me as well because I would have had to pay that bill.

Crystal San Antonio, TX

I live in Texas, and signed up for Oscar in January. They have been awesome so far. Got sick, had a doctor call me, diagnose me over the phone, and had meds (generics and FREE) in less than an hour. Amazing service. Love these guys.

Christopher Allen Delaware, OH

AWFUL.. slow service.. I was sold a policy that was not accepted at Urgent Care in the town I live in yet Oscar knew my address.. had reaction to wasp sting - coverage was denied and appeal was denied....SHOP OTHER INSURERS

Reply from Oscar

Hi Christopher, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

Sep. 7th, 2022

Wendy Keller Forked River, NJ

I was so excited about my new Oscar health insurance plan They seemed progressive, technologically advance and portrayed a culture that was client focused. Portrayed being the optimal word. Good luck trying to actually set up any type of care or real-time talk to someone if there is an issue. I can't wait to get out of there coverage as soon as I am able. My recommendation, look elsewhere unless you want Healthcare but will never use it.

Reply from Oscar

Wendy, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

Jun. 1st, 2022

Francis Eckert Howell Township, NJ

Absolutely horrible company, i switched from Ambetter to this horrendous company, worst mistake ever. My first ever claim with them was denied, told me my doctor was out of network , WTF,,,,,i found the doctor on there app and he was in network, now i have to wait 30 days for them to review it, this company is a joke i will be switching from them ASAP, also there list of doctors in network is small, doesn't matter anyways they will just deny you, so i don't think they actually have any doctors in network,

Reply from Oscar

Hi Francis, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

May. 25th, 2022

Tina Hayden Tulsa, OK

Worst insurance I’ve ever dealt with. They said they paid for the two meds I take for diabetes and as soon as I changed insurance and can’t change for a year they said I had to do step therapy on my meds I’ve been in for 4 years and my doctor has written letters. For 6 months they are only paying for 4 dollar drugs from Walmart. I’ve missed 90 days of work, had seizures and fainted several times and they still refuse to pay for anything other than 4 dollar drugs. They now want me to wear a internet monitor to monitor my every move so they can decide what meds I need.

Reply from Oscar

Tina, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

May. 19th, 2022

M N Miami, FL

IN MY OPINION, IS A BIG PILE OF FECES. I AM SO FRUSTRATED. THEY DONT WANT TO HELP. CUST SERVICE HORRIBLE, THEY BOUNCE YOU AROUND, AND WANT TO BRUSH YOU OFF. CUST SVC ASK ME FOR A BILLING CODE ? I DONT WORK FOR OSCAR INSU OR THE MEDICAL OFFICE, I AM THE PATIENT, I JUST WANT TO TAKE CARE OF MY HEALTH, NOT WORRY ABOUT BLIING CODE, WHY CAN THE SYSTEM BE SIMPLE...

Reply from Oscar

M N, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

May. 19th, 2022

Danielle M New York, NY

This company is terrible. When I checked to see if my doctors took them, their website said they did. But when I went to use my insurance, half my doctors don't actually take this insurance. What's worse is apparently my pharmacy doesn't even take Oscar insurance because they apparently now have a contract with CVS as their preferred pharmacy, so other pharmacies can't take them. I've never heard of such bs. If I could switch now I would. I am actually considering cancelling for the remainder of the year because I don't know what I'm paying for at this point.

Reply from Oscar

Danielle, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

May. 11th, 2022

Lisa Sette Phoenix, AZ

In my 64 years I have never not been covered for a routine mammogram with any of my insurance policies over the decades. Do they not understand the value of preventative care for women? I had to pay out of pocket, and was told Oscar was not accepted for mammograms in Arizona at the facility I have used in the past. Continuity for this screening is important, too. Oscar seems not to be concerned with that, either. This is my first ever review. I would rate zero stars if it were an option.

Reply from Oscar

Lisa, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

May. 4th, 2022

Jérémy Rea

Cheaper than the other insurance but very few Dr in network and almost no chiropractor. A doctor even told me that he was trying to get approved for 6 month and still nothing from Oscar. Be very careful with surprise bill as well, if you go to the hospital and you see a Dr in network, he should works with other Dr or nurse not in Oscar network (and they are a lot). So they will send you a full price bill.

Reply from Oscar

Jérémy, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message.

Apr. 18th, 2022

Emily Hamer-West Delray Beach, FL

It was so terrible I canceled the insurance. When I signed up the plan was supposed to pay for my primary care doctor with no copay and I checked my medications to see that they were covered. The reality? I now have a $90 doctor bill, they didn’t cover the primary visit and also they refused to pay for prescriptions. Basically they’re collecting my premiums and paying out zero. I’m an old lady, and have dealt with many insurance companies. Oscar is definitely the worst ever.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Emily - We apologize for this experience and have shared this feedback internally.

Mar. 14th, 2022

Robert Martling Boston, MA

I signed up for Oscar after losing my job. I would advise against it if you have any options. At first they were charging $400 a month for coverage and $200 for each insulin prescription. So $800 a month for just insurance and insulin. After a law was passed to cap insulin copays at $50 I thought I would be saving a lot of money, but Oscar breaks the law. They kept charging me and they make you file paperwork and complain and jump through hoops to hold them accountable. Eventually they started following the law and my copay went down for a while. But recently they raised the price back up. And it’s not like I can call the cops on them. So I have a lot more work to do, again. I feel like I pay way too much for them to treat me like this. Also every hospital visit I’ve had has been ridiculously expensive. It just doesn’t make sense. I pay a premium price for garbage insurance. 0/10 would not recommend to my worst enemy

Reply from Oscar

Robert, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message so that we may look into this for you.

Mar. 4th, 2022

Cami Love Miami, FL

I am not pleased with Oscar. I am currently on the line with customer service ( more than an hour) with someone overseas regarding my father . He is admitted into the hospital. Almost two weeks with a stroke! They have denied his care to go to a Rehab facility. I have been placed on hold more than 6 times, I have been trying to get ahold of the claims department to appeal this denial. She was not giving us the answer that we needed nor did she ever attempt to send our call over to someone in the claims department. We spoke to this individual yesterday and today. She even changed her name. Yesterday was Ethyl and today was Honey. We were placed on hold AGAIN after 1 hour + , only for her to hang up on us. I am dissatisfied with Oscar. No one is there to get an answer. Customer service is basura!

Reply from Oscar

Cami, we are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message so that we may look into this for you.

Feb. 28th, 2022

KAR Nanuet, NY

Worst customer service. Have been trying to resolve a claim for over 8 days. Samantha a supervisor agreed to call me back with an update day after my call. 8 days later I am still waiting. Called customer service again. they promised I would get a call by the end of this week., Left on hold for 40 minutes while agent Dennis researched who I can speak with if I don't get a call back. I am complaining that my bill from the emergency room shows one line item as charged by hospital of 702 but that I own. 1132.61 for that line item. Oscar says (when I call) the plan discount is 430.61. However they charged me ant extra 430.61 for the charge. How if the hospital bills me 702 can I owe 1132.61. RIDICULOUS.

Reply from Oscar

We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message so that we may look into this for you.

Feb. 16th, 2022

Skhy Blitzer Phoenix, AZ

Had an Oscar Silver plan for 2021, I reside in Phoenix AZ (5th most populous city in the U.S.). When looking for service providers such as PT and Chiro there were only 4-5 offices "in-network" in a 100mile range. Of these, only 2 were actually accepting Oscar insurance despite being listed on the insurance website. In addition, most of the office/contact information provided by Oscar was invalid or outdated. For my regular PCP there were more options available, but out of every single in-network office the earliest appointment I was able to find was 50-days out. After having xrays ordered by my PCP, Oscar declined 2/3 of the orders because they were charged separately(itemized) rather than grouped as a single charge. I've been trying to get this fixed for 3 months now and have been waiting on a reply from Oscar's "Care Team" for 8 days (they guarantee a response within 2-3 days). In addition to everything above, I decided to try their 24/7 virtual care line. You request a call through their website which says the estimated wait time is 20-30minutes. I submit my request going on 4 hours ago now and still waiting. If I go to the website to try and resubmit a request the page is greyed out. Overall: Website Accessibility/Function: 3/10 In-Network Coverage: 1/10 Customer Service: 0/10

Feb. 15th, 2022

Bernard Kida Culver City, CA

I have to say now that Oscar has paved its way; it has since gouged it pricing to a point where I can no longer afford it. To jump $60 a month is ridiculous. Even when I asked questions about it they brushed me off and were happy to just cancel my plan. I was really hoping Oscar would have been different, but they are just becoming like the rest of the greedy health insurance companies and I'm just another number to them.

Paul Chiu

If we could rate Oscar Health Insurance with our scale, we would rank it -100. My wife has endometrial cancer and the cancer hospital that our in-network Oscar plan Gynecologists recommended is not in-network. Upon notifying Oscar representatives of this fact and major problem, we have encountered phone hangups, long delays, and broken promises of email replies. We also have to put up with representatives that stuck to scripts. Are without any empathy or compassion for a cancer patient. Their response of "Please check your inbox for a follow-up message so that we may look into this for you." is a broken promise, a LIE. Oscar, you should be ashamed of this behavior and business model, as a health insurance provider.

Feb. 15th, 2022

marielena halebian Burbank, CA

I could write a novel about what I LOVE about this Med. Ins. Co. The only negative is that I'm moving to a state that they are not participating it YET? If you are lucky enough to become a member do it.

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for the kind words, Marielena. And let us know which state you're in — we'll keep you posted on any expansions!

Sep. 17th, 2021

[email protected] Austin, TX

The app is convenient, the concierge team is very polite and helpful (even though it can take days to receive a reply to a query posted on the weekend), and the co-pays and monthly premiums are competitively priced. The in-network Dr.s are often far away and a relatively small number of drugs are Tier 1a.

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for your feedback! We'll make sure our plan design team gets your note about expanding our network and prescription benefits.

ian Van Nuys, CA

I'm really enjoying Oscar. I love the easy of using the app. I find it strange I don't actually seem to set a PCP but I find it easy enough to find the doctor I like and make appointments with him.

Reply from Oscar

We're glad to hear this, Ian!

Esther Haynie Dallas, TX

Every time I reach out to Oscar with a question whoever I have interacted with, whether via phone, chat or email, my concerns and questions are handled in a professional, courteous and kind manner not to mention quickly.

Reply from Oscar

Thanks for the kind words, Esther!

Sheryl Brooklyn, NY

I have been a customer since 2013 when the exchange opened. I used to be a big fan of Oscar, going so far as getting friends to sign up because of the great service and benefits. It has been an increasingly disappointing experience that has significantly worsened in 2021. The customer service has been terrible, the policies opaque, and I am still considering whether to contact the Department of Consumer Affairs over my experience with Oscar when I had to deal with a Durable Medical Equipment claim this Spring. I have gotten factually incorrect information, I have waited for a call from customer service for days only to get a call (with no voicemail left) at 6pm on a Saturday and no way to follow up on the call I was desperately waiting for. I was told a person I had never been contacted by (and who never seemed to be in the office) was handling my case. I finally spoke to a manager who actually followed up with me, only to have her tell me she couldn't help me and that my problem was a known issue the company had no interest in solving. Her resolution was to tell me I should file a grievance. A nightmare for someone with a chronic illness like me who is simply trying to get my prescriptions filled. They also suspended my account immediately when I was a day late to pay premium (I paid it on the first of the month and the account was put into a grace period at midnight the night before), which caused a prescription to be rejected - again, not great when you have a chronic illness. Update 1 - Oscar did DM me (early Sept), and I responded with more details on my grievances, and have not yet received any acknowledgement of that message or a response nearly two months later. Update 2- Oscar responded to this update (late Oct) saying that the matter was escalated internally and someone will contact me. I will be waiting to see if that happens.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Sheryl, please check your DMs for a message from our team!

Becky Winter Springs, FL

My experience with Oscar has been a pleasant one. I contact your customer service I get all my questions answered without any problems. I’ve used your virtual urgent care and that was a great experience.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Becky, we're so happy to hear about your experience with Virtual Urgent Care!

Vginestra Boca Raton, FL

It seems like Oscar is trying to make a difference. It seems to be more "reachable" and in touch with the needs of the insured. Less bureaucracy and more results. The quality and availability of the service providers may need some significant improvement.

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for your feedback! We'll be sure to share this with our team.

Felice Cohen Hyannis, MA

Have been with Oscar for a few years. Always easy to use the website, the app, get calls back from doctors, get scrips. Loved the encouragement with the Amazon gift card, but disappointed that it went from $240 max a year to $100, while my monthly cost went up substantially.

Reply from Oscar

Hi there, thank you for your kind words! We'll make sure our team gets this feedback related to step tracking rewards. Please know that our plan design team is always looking for ways to bring reduced health care services to you.

Lori Miami, FL

Easy access and payment to providers [except for one outstanding issue]. Approval of medical work I needed done with no hassles. Website is easy to use to find providers, monitor billing, pay premiums, etc.

Reply from Oscar

So happy to hear you're enjoying Oscar, Lori!

Gatcha Brooklyn, NY

Oscar is amazing. My only concern is that Oscar does not cover my method of birth control (nuva ring) only the generic which is problematic and not effective. So I pay $160 every month for birth control. It’s a fortune. I am upset.

Reply from Oscar

Thanks for the feedback! Please check your DMs for a message from our team.

KD Orange, CA

I guess with everything, you get what you pay for. In the case of Oscar, you have to pay for the gold or better plans in order to really get access to coverage. I have the silver classic select, and there are very few doctors, that I can actually see, Of those doctors, even fewer actually will even take me as a new patient. Access to specialty? Sure, on paper at least- but in reality, not so great. So my advice is stick with a larger company, United, Blue Cross, or pay even more to have broader access. The US Healthcare system is a disaster, and all insurance companies are not in the game to do more than make money so its a roll of the dice regardless, but I've had better experiences with larger providers. Oscar is a baby, and has a lot of growing up to do.

Reply from Oscar

Hi there, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please check your inbox for a message from our team.

Aug. 6th, 2021

Suzanne Ohman Mission Viejo, CA

Oscar insurance has proven to be a great value with a large number of providers. Can’t beat a $5 co-pay! The provider list does not have a ton of information at this time, have to make the calls and view individual websites to make sure doctors’ are in-network.

Reply from Oscar

We're glad to hear it, Suzanne! Please know that we also really appreciate your feedback and will take your insights back to the appropriate teams.

Jun. 24th, 2021

Sandra Zarate Los Angeles, CA

I have had Oscar through Covered Ca for 2 years. There are so many providers, the costs for going in to see a doctor are upfront, right on my ins. card and they are so online friendly. Virtual visits and all!

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for the kind words, Sandra!

Jun. 24th, 2021

carole abel Palm Coast, FL

i like oscars reach to my chosen doctors and affordable premiums but dislike the copays and out of pocket expenses lately, they have been noticeably higher and we have a lot of tests coming up this fall. the customer service reps are great and knowledgable

Reply from Oscar

Hi Carole, thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate it. Please know we'll take your insights on cost back to our team.

Jun. 1st, 2021

An Avid Observer Tampa, FL

It was fine when all I needed was the basics taken care of. But once I start getting into advanced imaging or outpatient procedures it turned into a mess of uninformed employees, runarounds and terrible pricing policies. First I had an MRI scheduled, when I checked for pricing, I did not get an answer until the DAY it was done. However upon receiving reciept, I found it says "Price is just an estimate and may change". This was after I asked the clerk to verify the cost prior to me coming into the office. I have yet to see the claim appear on my account. My current issue: I had a procedure scheduled a month in advanced. It's now three days till the procedure and I have No IDEA what the cost will be. I have contacted OSCAR 5 times, and each participating physician offices about 15 times this past month trying to figure out the pricing for this procedure. I have received numbers between $45 and $3500 for this procedure. How can you be this incompetent? How hard is it to give an accurate price beforehand? The sheer number of uninformed people I spoke to is telling of how OSCAR operates. While the concierge team is generally polite, being polite isn't being informative and that doesn't help my plan to pay for necessary procedures. I have never experienced an issue with cost appraisals at my previous insurers. They would have a price in a few days so I can plan accordingly. At this point I'm already looking at other insurance companies, this place is a joke. This is my first year with Oscar and hopefully my last.

Reply from Oscar

Hi there, we want to apologize for this experience. Please know that we take your feedback seriously. A member of our team has reached out to you via direct message so that we may investigate further.

Nov. 24th, 2020

Ban Ishii San Francisco, CA

I initially was overcharged my first month. When I reached out to customer service, they were really proactive with their communication and help me to solve my overpayment issue! :)

Reply from Oscar

Hi Ban, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that everything worked out. Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Oct. 23rd, 2020

Denise Bourcier New York, NY

The 2 best things about Oscar is being able to see a specialist without a referral and the price. The 1 thing I don't like about Oscar is that a lot of healthcare providers--including my therapist and psychiatrist--are out of network, and these are not easy providers to replace.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Denise, we appreciate your feedback as our team is always hoping to learn from our members and improve the Oscar experience. Please know that we are always evaluating our partnerships with providers in all of our markets.

May. 27th, 2020

loriowens Celina, TX

I have had an excellent experience in dealing with all your staff. They are very knowledgable and if they don't know the answer they find out. They are also excellent at following up.

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for your kind words! We'll make sure to pass along your feedback to our team.

May. 22nd, 2020