Kaiser Permanente was founded in 1945. It is a nonprofit health insurance provider with years of industry experience. It offers employer-provided plans, Medicaid, Medicare, charitable health insurance, and other private insurance plans. Kaiser Permanente's plan selection makes it easy for people to find good health insurance.  Its plans are available in eight states and Washington, D.C.

Kaiser Permanente offers quality patient treatment and care through its networks, which also makes it a good option. Kaiser Permanente health insurance plans provide insurance coverage at Kaiser Permanente hospitals and clinics. These medical facilities are staffed with high quality health care providers including primary care physicians and specialists.

Members can receive several different kinds of medical care and treatment at one medical center, which makes receiving health care treatment convenient.  This offering makes Kaiser Permanente stand out from other insurance providers. While some may find the restriction to receiving care only at a Kaiser Permanente Center, it is helpful if there's a Kaiser Permanente clinic or hospital in your community.

View Kaiser Permanente Reviews

Founded in Oakland, California, this health system has millions of members in Colorado, Georgia, Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, California, Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.

The Good

• Types of Plans Offered
  • Member Services and Resources
  • Unique Features
  • Customer Service

Types of Plans Offered

The plan selection at Kaiser Permanente is quite admirable. Kaiser Permanente won't require you to give out personal information like your date of birth or parts of your medical history to get even the most basic information about its insurance policy options in your area. You just say whether you are turning 65 during the year, whether you get insurance through an employer, and whether you are looking for a plan for yourself or for a group. Then you input your zip code to see health insurance options in your area.

Getting the cost information for a plan will require further research because the monthly premium depends on several factors, like age. But the initial questionaire will give you access to brief descriptions of the types of plans available and the overall coverage you can expect.

Kaiser Permanente offers individual, family, and employer-provided health insurance plans. Employer-sponsored plans help employers add value to their employees' benefits package.

Kaiser Permanente also offers Medicaid, Medicare, and charitable health insurance to individuals who qualify. Some Kaiser Permanente plans are compatible with Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). It also offers catastrophic plans.

Employers interested in adding vision and dental insurance to their health benefits can offer dental and vision insurance through Kaiser Permanente.

Premiums, coverage, copayments, coinsurance, annual out-of-pocket limit, and annual deductible, of course, depend on the individual plan. Before purchasing a health insurance plan, it's important to understand the full cost of the plan, which is not just the monthly premiums. In some cases, it may make sense to pay higher insurance premiums to have lower out-of-pocket expenses.

As you consider Kaiser Permanente medical insurance plans, keep in mind that it does not offer typical network structures, like Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans. Instead, Kaiser Permanete has its own facilities and providers for patient care. Care received elsewhere is not covered by the insurance provider. If you're interested in a plan with more typical network structures, consider other health insurance companies.

You should also consider the coverage offered by a plan before finalizing enrollment. Most plans fully cover preventive care. See what the coverage looks like for other treatment, care, or services you may need.

Member Services and Resources

Members are treated well at Kaiser Permanente. My Health Manager is the name for the online member portal through which you access your account. Through My Health Manager, you can:

• View the benefits of your health plan.
  • Make a payment
  • Download a form you need
  • Set up (or change) a date for a doctor's appointment
  • Email your doctor about a minor question
  • View your medical record

Extra abilities like viewing your medical records make this member portal, even more, personalized and convenient. Plus, Kaiser Permanente has a mobile app that allows you to do many of these same tasks.

For members, there's also a dedicated FAQ section that gives you answers to questions you may have about getting an ID card, looking up a doctor in Kaiser Permanente's network, and paying a bill.

There is also a dedicated member phone number to contact as well. Kaiser Permanente eases not only logistics but also health care education. Members and nonmembers alike can use Kaiser Permanente's glossary of health care terms, which might come in handy when shopping for a plan, learning how to use your benefits, looking up a provider, and more. Resources like these make the company more transparent and customer-centric.

Unique Features

Kaiser Permanente offers many of the same added advantages that other health care insurance companies offer: discounts on health-related products, education about health care as an industry, and a mobile app. These added perks demonstrate Kaiser Permanente's dedication to supporting its members' health and well-being. Each company that offers these additional features puts its own twist on these features, and Kaiser Permanente is no exception.

The mobile app for this company is called the Kaiser Permanente Mobile App, and it allows members to do many of the same tasks that the member portal does. These include contacting your doctor, making a payment, finding a health care providers and medical offices, and viewing your medical history.

Kaiser Permanente has a lot of different discounts as well. Some of these are for fitness club memberships and for massage therapy. In addition, Kaiser Permanente has a wealth of information in its health guide.

Kaiser Permanente also offers health classes and healthy lifestyle programs to help people live healthier lives. If you're trying to make a healthy change in your diet, if you're trying to quit smoking or lose weight, or if you're struggling to manage a chronic illness, these resources would be helpful for you.

Kaiser Permanente values high-quality care. The company website is very helpful, with lots of details about the types of plans Kaiser Permanente offers, member resources, and ways to make the most of the plan benefits.

One of the best features of the Kaiser Permanente site, though, is its plan finder. To look up basic information about their health plans, you don't have to provide very personal information (though to get specific prices and quotes, some personal information is necessary). This tool is so easy to use and is nonintrusive.

Kaiser Permanente also makes it possible for customers to get help in either English or Spanish as well.

Flexibility is found in other areas, too. With a health plan here, you can switch doctors at any time and use the find a doctor tool to find a different one. Kaiser Permanente has millions of members. With so many customers to serve, the company has developed a wide selection of resources. The company is transparent about its health plans. It makes navigating the member portal easy and intuitive. Kaiser Permantente anticipates customer questions well.

Get Quote

The Bad

Service Areas

One major limitation of Kaiser Permanente is the span of states that Kaiser Permanente can work with. This company limits itself to just several states out of 50, which means its health plans aren't even an option for you if you live outside of these states. If Kaiser Permanente's plans are not available in your area, you'll need to consider another insurance company.

The Bottom Line

Kaiser Permanente is a recommended company for health insurance because of its industry experience and plan offerings. It offers many different types of health plans, including group plans for employers to offer employees, plans for individuals and families, and charitable health insurance for those who are not eligible for Medicaid but also can't afford to purchase their own health insurance plan. Kaiser Permanente also offers dental and vision coverage, and good member resources.

For specific information on plans, insurance premiums, and out-of-pocket expenses in your area, contact Kaiser Permanente directly or visit its website.

In fact, the main reason you may not want to use Kaiser Permanente's insurance might just be that you don't live in a region that this company services. For that reason, Kaiser Permanente is admittedly more limited than some competing insurance carriers. If Kaiser Permanente's medical facilities are not convenient to you, you may want to consider another insurer for purchasing health coverage. Depending on the type of coverage you're looking for, Kaiser Permanente's plan details might not match up either. But for the right customers, this company offers transparency and a common goal to keep you healthy, both of which build trust.

Call our recommended rep over at Kaiser Permanente below.

2.9

Brendan Krafty

March 28th, 2020 Decatur, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything seemed to make this insurance the best, but it was too good to be true. I started to realize every doctor I was seeing (about 5) had this same grumpy careless attitude. As a result I never felt like I was receiving good care. The system and facilities themselves are great, as are the pharmacists and customer service people. Ultimately went back to a higher premium plan and at least I can now go to Emory and see the best docs in the country.

Odao Ogbonmwan

March 16th, 2020 Mableton, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really like Kaiser Permanente, the convenience of getting all my prescriptions and paying for all my doctors visits at once in the same place is very helpful for me. I wish we could’ve been able to stay with them but it got too expensive and had to go with another one. If it wasn’t so much to pay each month I’d go back.

Charise Brady

March 10th, 2020 Salem, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can't wait to change my insurance. Kaiser is not fully non profit. The CEO makes 16 million a year. I have been on a merry go round for 5 yrs. Going no where. Old school test. And cheap meds to many restrictions on doctors. I feel the money I have spent on Kaiser was wasted.

Fay Falatea

February 26th, 2020 Kaneohe, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Me and my family have been insured by Kaiser Permanente for 13 years. The Drs I had were great and customer service from the receptionist was always pleasing. Was sad when I had to change to another insurance.

Tony Blaszak

February 21st, 2020 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On the surface Kaiser seemed good to me.. However when it comes to serious medical issues i have concerns. I was involved in a serious head on accident with a drunk driver and injury my neck and lumbar spine. Pain level was 8,9,10. I was ready to die. All I got from Kaiser was Pain medication, Pain class, and a week in the phyc ward for depression. Kaiser Neurosurgery said my back was not operable. Fortunately I am a veteran. I went to the Portland VA and they performed surgery on my lumbar ( Spinal Fussion l4/l5) and I was good to go. and they were prompt about it. Recently I had extended the injury to the next level.. Once again Kaiser wasn't interested in helping me. Went back to the VA and they did another surgery. They were excellent with the care and the surgery was a success. I haven't looked around yet for other plans yet but I believe on the next open period I am going to switch. I love the VA but they suggest I keep my outside plan plus I have my wife to think about. To be fair Kaiser has helped me in a lot of other ways and in some areas such as mental health they are a little under staffed but excellent care. If mental health is an issue I would rate them the highest in Portland. Kaiser gets a Five star rating from the Government for people on Medicare but I think that's because they save money by not providing services.

Adriana

February 21st, 2020 Ward, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can only speak for Kaiser Permanente in Boulder & Denver Colorado. My experience is related exclusively to back issues and pain. If you have back issues as a result of an injury, do yourself a favor and do not sign up for Kaiser. Their approach to patient care is poor as best. You will have to spend your time fighting the system to get the correct diagnosis. The doctors will not listen to you or your injury concerns. The physical therapy department in Boulder, CO is really horrible. One of the worst I have ever been to. You will waste precious hours trying to find a practitioner that will listen to your concerns. As a patient, I have been dismissed in many occasions. No answers. No rehabilitation suggestions. Nothing. Just literature on how to live your life in chronic pain. I have had experience with their physiatrists and physical therapists. If you are in the Boulder/Denver area, consider Pace West Physical Therapy. Basically, given how precious time is, stay away from Kaiser Permanente. Spine West in Boulder, CO is also really good. Don't waste your time navigating the system at Kaiser Permanente.

Christy Suguturaga

February 19th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really don’t like that nothing is personal. It’s too big. You don’t know who will see you and your choices are so limited. I feel like a number. It’s my last choice

April H

February 19th, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This insurance company is probably the least favorite of all we have had over the years. We have had several insurance companies and this felt the most like socialistic medicine to me than the others. If I had a choice, this company would be toward the bottom of the list for me. Having said that, I think they have a nicely streamlined system that is ready to handle a LOT of people.

Kim Kunz

February 19th, 2020 Fallbrook, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great doctors. A little hard to get specialized treatment. But as long as you follow up, everyone is more than courteous and very knowledgable. I have had great experiences with all the people i've worked with!

David T

February 11th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had Kaiser with my previous job and they were a great company to work with. They have a lot of doctors to choose from.

kayshel

February 6th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had Kaiser insurance for many years all the time I was raising my family in California and they always took good care of us. They took good care of my husband while he was fighting cancer. I also had them in Colorado and was sorry to move to a location where they were not available

I'm Evans

January 31st, 2020 Ellenwood, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reneathia P. B, MD Was awesome! My son has been an established patient since Jun 2019; although I’ve always has a good experience at KP, Dr. B made it a memorable one. She loving, caring, but most of all concerned! She went over and beyond during my visit with her. May God bless such a woman of her character! I am forever grateful, thank you for choosing such wonderful professionals.

Dion Bennett

January 28th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great doctors and always attentive. Hospitals are clean and very good food

Sadhana

January 28th, 2020 Arlington, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This year I am new to this company. I visited with two doctors.I feel like they don’t know even how to take ultrasound.The Doctor took ultrasound of 12 weeks baby .She was in rush and she didn’t say anything about the baby and she rushed saying we will meet after 5 weeks in regular check up.I was not confident weather she did her job . They didn’t take any history of my health .Nonsense everything .

Cam McClellan

January 27th, 2020 Magna, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kaiser is a great company with lots of good doctors to choose from. I have always received great service from them.

M

January 17th, 2020 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've been with Kaiser for several years and have been generally satisfied with the service until now. Our family member was having some health problems that required medical attention, so we called his Kaiser doctor for medical advice/set up an appointment. We were told that because the insurance plan does not start until February 1, they could not help us THOUGH WE'VE BEEN WITH KAISER FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND THE PLAN LAPSED ONLY A COUPLE WEEKS AGO. We asked if we could speak with our primary care provider over the phone. Again, they said we would have to wait until February 1 to speak to the family doctor.  Our family member is an elderly patient with a history of stroke and a heart condition. We told the Kaiser representative (and later, member services) that we would like to speak with the primary care provider earlier than February 1 given the patient's medical history. The representative then connected us to member services to see if member services could expedite the activation (again, as a reminder, we had been Kaiser members for several years. Had it not been for Kaiser cancelling the plan, we would not even be in this situation), who repeated the same canned spiel about the February 1 start date. Did not seem to care one bit about the patient's health situation and circumstance, not to mention our concerns. At this point, we're exasperated --- it's stressful enough worrying about a family member's health, but add the administrative regs on top of it --- so then we ask then what our options are. Member services says we can go see another doctor outside of Kaiser --- to clarify, this would mean FINDING A NEW DOCTOR OUTSIDE OF THE KAISER NETWORK (calling various providers, asking for availability and whether they would take new patients, etc.) WHEN IN FACT THE KAISER PRIMARY PROVIDER HAS/KNOWS ALL OF THE PATIENTS MEDICAL HISTORY. Efficiency here? We pointed out the great inconvenience and really, utter lack of common sense in the member services rep's recommendation. We pressed on the urgency of the health issue. All we needed was one call with the primary care provider, but Kaiser, due to some strict and unproductive set of regulations, would not budge. At this point, there was no utility in continuing the conversation. So point-blank, we asked member services, "So do you expect the patient to just drop dead after waiting until February 1?" After a few seconds, they said they would talk to someone, put us on hold for at least several minutes (perhaps longer), and later, the line was disconnected so we did not even get to hear what they had to say. Had we been brand new members to Kaiser, it would be another story. But we have been dealing with Kaiser network for several years, and the patient has already established a lengthy medical record within Kaiser. On top of that, the patient has a medical history. So for Kaiser to refuse to accommodate and leave the patient with no choice but to either WAIT OUT THE SICKNESS until February 1, or see another doctor outside the network, to us, seemed counterproductive and not at all sympathetic or cognizant of the role and mission of providing medical care to sick patients. Apathy, laziness, and the "we don't really care because we're following regs and it's not our fault if the patient is unable to receive the proper medical care in due time" puts the interests of the corporation and bureaucracy first before patient care. I would also add that Kaiser still employs a doctor who has received dismal reviews from multiple patients for her incompetence, condescension, and laziness. Our family member had initially received medical care from Dr. Yu Sung K, but switched doctors as Ms. K always returned our calls several weeks late (with no apologies, just orders for the patient to take XYZ medication, to set up an appt, etc.), talked over the patient, and was overall an inattentive, poor medical "expert" who really should reconsider why she's in the field to begin with. If you look up her name, you might still be able to see some of the bad reviews from previous/current patients. Pure disappointment. We are most likely going to cancel or switch out of Kaiser, thanks to our stressful and frustrating experiences with the facility, the providers, and member services.

Luna Wang

January 15th, 2020 Rockville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The doctors and nurses there are very nice. They have clean and high technology equipment. I think it worth the money.

N. Hill

January 2nd, 2020 Valley Center, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kaiser does nothing to help or support anyone who might need help in mental health which includes anxiety, etc. Patrice on their crisis line can careless. It is so sad how little they care for their patients and do nothing to make things better for patients who are suffering. Their counselors and therapists are horrible! Honestly they should be held accountable for the lack of service they offer.

Adrianne murray

December 31st, 2019 Brigham City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What can I say I was born at Kaiser 43 years ago. My oldest son was born there and I loved it. My parents both have Kaiser now when I moved to a state they did not have it I was very sad. It was my favorite to have everything basically together where you’re paying one fee and all the doctors work for one company. I loved the hospital. My parents have complained a little bit over the years as far as price is going up and that a lot of people have them but they still stay with them so that says a lot

patrick w bennett

December 20th, 2019 Ridgefield, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I Have been with Kaiser several years and have been somewhat satisfied with them. Recently I have had an umbilical hernia. I have been to two different doctors and was told that because I was a smoker that they would not do the surgery. At my last visit with Doctor Kim, I was told that if I quit smoking that day he would schedule the surgery in one month. Before surgery I would have to take a UA to make sure I was nicotine free, if not he would not do the surgery. When I asked him about someone that was a drug addict or alcoholic, he said they would also need a UA. He also said that anyone that was over weight would have to lose weight before they would do surgery. I told Doctor Kim that I would just wait and go to the emergency when it ruptured and he said they would just push it back in and send me home, really? When I complained to Kaiser, I received a letter and a phone call from them telling me they would look into it and get back to me. I still haven't heard a word. Don't waste your time with Kaiser.

Grant J Fricks

December 13th, 2019 National City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Woe is ye who fall to this horrid company. If you do, opt-out of arbitration is number 1 or you will be ignored. Expect to have absolutely no say in your own health care other than the right of refusal of treatment. Their "medical" policy is written by an actuarial, not a medical person. They betray their Hippocratic oaths and will put down false information for corporate goals, not medical outcomes. Their current rules will push the elderly out for the young and profitable.

June Rankin

November 20th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The good Doctors are forced to walk out on patients in violation of federal law.

Linda Kelley

November 19th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Kaiser, I have been with them since I was 15 in 1965. I've been fortunate to have a job that offered Kaiser for myself and family then my husband got a job that paid for family and him and we kept Kaiser our whole working life and now retired we have Senior Advantage. I've seen Kaiser grow through the years and improve vastly from my early years. I've never been disappointed with them.

Kathryn Robinson

November 15th, 2019 Riverton, UT

Kaiser Permanente is a great insurance if you are a California resident and don't plan to travel much outside of California.

Guardian of Light

November 4th, 2019 Fort Collins, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kaiser Permanente Health Insurance here in Northern Colorado is absolutely the worst you can have. After signing up you'll find Kaiser doesn't have enough physicians to care for you. As a result, you can expect to be forced to drive as far away as 90 miles just to see your PCP! The same or worse applies to specialists! Know this, despite having a major medical center here in Fort Collins as well as a Banner Medical CEnter & Hospital which is the affiliate of Kaiser, The Poudre Valley Fire Department and all the EMTs frequently refuse to take a patient in crisis to Kaiser/Banner because they are completely incapable of treating a major medical event. Does that make you feel good when your life hangs in the balance and the health insurance you bought from Kaiser Permanente is comprised of physicians some 90 miles away or simply doesn't have the necessary medical skills or equipment to save your life? Think about folks, think long and hard.

Madeline (Maddi) Cohen

November 4th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Richard, MY Love, Had a stroke a little over 2 weeks ago. We are both Kaiser Permanente customers. No rheab today or tomorrow as the center works with patients only on weekdays. It is time to call Kaiser to task. Richard is getting 1. Phisycal therapy, 2. Occupational therapy and 3. speech therapy. Kaiser denied him Accute Rehab because Kaiser said he didn't qualify by needing 3 types of therapy. It seems they don't know how to count anything but $$$$. All three of his KAISER doctors said he was a PRIME candidate for ACCUTE rehab ( 3 hours per day 7 days per week). Kaiser had a peer confrence with his dr. and still denied him the care he required to REGAIN his quality of life. He is getting about 2.5 hours of therapy 5 days per week. KAISER took over a week to do their process at which time Richard got minimal therapy. I am told that first week of therapy is the most important. Kaiser advertises THRIVE But their real ads should be "If it costs more than we want to pay GO DIE". Each time I see their ads I want to vomit. PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR FRIENDS WHO MAY HAVE KAISER OR MAY BE LOOKING FOR COVERAGE.

Barb /Bettina

October 25th, 2019 Ellensburg, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kaiser has a very limited network of providers. The providers they do have thus far have demonstrated little compassion and limited understanding of chronic conditions. I've been denied care because the only care for me is "outside their network. I've ended up paying ALL my care plus paying my Kaiser premiums as well. Very costly choice being on a Kaiser plan.

Carmen Nica

October 17th, 2019 Pleasanton, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worse company ever....they diagnose you will CANCER and tell you that I will see you in a month because there are no available appointments. Then one doctor states you should do RADIATIONS , when you get to the RADIATION doctor NO you are not a candidate for that, you should do surgery. They tell you that they will set up a appointment to see the surgeon, after 3 days , nothing they are taking their time. WORSE EVER....

Scott

October 15th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service reps are incompetent and give incorrect information. Their own reps don’t know the hours of locations and what services each location provides. Multiple times I have been told one thing and only to show up at the office and find out what I was told isn’t true.

Cameron Clark

October 15th, 2019 Provo, UT

My grandparents have had this insurance for years and love all of the convenient benefits. Would definitely recommend!

Lesa Stewart

October 14th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kaiser is a great health care system. I found the service to be fast and reliable. I wish more Healthcare organizations were like them.

Jen Paris

October 14th, 2019 Concord, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We really like so many things about Kaiser, but it can be frustrating to have to go through your GP to get any other appointments, and even though I feel like we pay a lot, our coverage really isn't that great so it's very expensive to go to the doctor and get any medications.

WestSea

October 9th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You need Prior Auth for just about everything that you need. I got a referral for massage from my primary care provider, and they approved me to see a massage therapist that performed accupuncture on me! What a violation. I didn't want to go to that provider so I went to a different massage therapist. Now they are not covering the claims, and I tried to appeal, but it was denied because they said my massage therapist didn't get prior auth before performing the services. I was in a lot of pain and needed treatment right away. It's like they prefer you to be on drugs, which will probably be covered faster, than getting alternative therapy.

Garn L. Arnold

October 2nd, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Twenty five years ago we lived in San Jose and we had kaiser Permanente. They delivered our son. We were extremely pleased with them. They even provided and experimental baby crib that was suppose to simulate being inside the mother's womb. It was awesome!

Irwin Mazin

October 1st, 2019 Haymarket, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not join Kaiser if you are in pain. I am allergic to the non opiate medication uses. I have a condition, caused by Kaiser, that causes my blood pressure to spike when I am active. This has resulted in me fainting and 1) breaking my finger 2) cutting my head, 3) injuring my knee, 4) blacking out, 5)going into hypertensive crisis. Kaiser feels this is better for my health than prescribing me 4 mg of dilaudid, which they did for 6 1/2 years before they changed their policy to only prescribe opiates to cancer patients

Belinda Rachman

September 11th, 2019 Carlsbad, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Prescribed a high blood pressure meds that deplete potassium without telling me to take potassium tablets. When my potassium got so low that I fainted AND CRACKED MY HEAD OPEN they forgot to tell me I had a concussion. Later my primary care physician emailed me to ask if they had given me the concussion conversation. NO! I wasn’t supposed to be watching tv, reading, playing on my phone or computer. My mind was supposed to be resting. Gee thanks for not warning me! Yesterday I went to urgent care for ex rays to see if I fractured my humerus. After many ex rays the urgent care doctor gave me an emergency referral to orthopedics without telling me what he saw in the ex rays. A nurse felt sorry for me and slipped me a sling and said something about having a fracture. I called my emergency referral number first thing this morning. There wasn’t a single doctor at any location who could see me today. I leave tomorrow morning for 5 weeks. NO ONE WILL TELL ME HOW TO TREAT THIS UNTIL I GET BACK IN MID OCTOBER!!!! I have never seen such incompetence in my life!!!! I can’t wait to get Medicare next year and switch to Scripps!

Mike Lichtner

September 9th, 2019 Inglewood, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Depends on location. The Catillac Urgent care location care is Terrible. I was told by one doctor his job was to give me a little something until I could seem my primary care physician. Trying get a appt. with primary physician takes a couple of months. Kaiser website. trying cancel an appt is not possible. you have to call appt line.(not open on weekend). Finally using option to primary physician , does not work. If I get a response, it is never from doctor. And their answer is go to urgent care.

Ray Carrillo

September 3rd, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are there ready to take your money when you are healthy but they will give you the cheapest medical care possible to save money and cut costs when you are sick.

E.G.

August 28th, 2019 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For 20 years I was a Kaiser client and rarely went there before I had kidney stones. A year ago, due to the incompetence of the attending physician and an erroneous diagnosis, I lost one kidney. Over the past year, I have had several operations. Now I have a firm belief that Kaiser is overwhelmingly losers and doctors from other countries who have received their diplomas based on the standards of backward educational institutions. Kaiser is 90% of hypocrites covering each other. Kaiser will offer you a flu vaccine every day, but you will never have an expensive operation. Instead, Kaiser will conduct hundreds of cheap tests and prescribe cheap drugs that will cost him nothing and will never do what is good for your health, but will be costly for Kaiser. If you value your health, run away from Kaiser before it's too late!

Edie Daniels

August 26th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

5 I've had Kaiser since I was a child and as long as I can stay with them I will stay with Kaiser.

Rick

August 20th, 2019 Auburn, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After helping to speed the death of my dad (prostate cancer) and my mom (ovarian cancer), I reluctantly find myself back on "Group Death" as it was called back in the day for the first time in 35 yrs., because of a job switch. I just went to pick up my first 30 day supply of insulin. Shouldn't have been surprised to see the cost jump from $60 Primera, to $400 for this plan. I can only imagine how bad they're going to hose me for my insulin pump supplies when the time comes.

May

August 16th, 2019 Bainbridge Island, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent providers. Compassionate care in a very timely manner.

John G.

August 16th, 2019 Pasadena, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a Kaiser member for a good portion of my life, I'd say it has been, by far, the best health care I've had. The convenience of how its integrated care system works is truly exceptional. Those that give it fewer stars obviously have a bone to pick with KP, so be wary.

Ashish David

August 13th, 2019 Poway, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kaiser Permanente doctors are good, but the overall administration and availability of doctors is a disappointment. Overall I think they have more patients and less doctors in the specialty departments. Most surgery's are done as out patient surgery and to get a surgery appointment look out at least 4 weeks in schedule. They have doctors jammed up in their schedule. If this was not the cheapest option available, we would have never opted for it.

Terrie Miller

August 13th, 2019 Cathedral City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you are considering Kaiser as your Insurance DON’T....... RUN as fast as you can they are the worst. I’ve had them for years I pay $1400 a month to have them, if you ever need to talk to your doctor give it up it’ll be at least a week before you hear from them . You can only email them through the corporate office so no telling when they will forward your email.

Natalia Salinas

August 5th, 2019 Covina, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I traveled out of town and forgot my meds. Impossible to get 3 days worth of meds without having to go to urgent care and paying a high copay for the visit. I had my prescription and explained that without my meds I would be feeling sick, but apparently nothing could be done! I spoke to membership services, on-line nurse, and pharmacy. Even the pharmacist at Walgreens was surprised at the poor service and difficulties. Uhgggg! I need different insurance!

Bernadette Smith

July 24th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My 14-year-old daughter is suicidal, we have went to 2 Mental Hospitals outside of Kaiser.. my daughter need intensive counseling... and Kaiser counseling has been a joke for my daughter.. I have informed Kaiser the importance of my daughter get into counseling every week.. she's a high school student that gets out of school late and get home each day at 4:30 Kaiser refused to pay for my daughter to go outside of Kaiser to get counseling..

Crystal T

July 19th, 2019 Highland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Urgent care restroom out of paper supplies and trash all over the floor. Spoke to the clerk at front desk and did not seem concerned about it at all. Urgent care is busy which is understandable but restrooms should be cleaned frequently so supplies are stocked all the time. Also like to mention the wheel chairs check in, that is very inconvenient to people who come to urgent care an cannot walk to front desk to check in with an ID for a wheel chair. Overall very dissatisfied with kaiser Fontana.

Calista M

July 19th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First of all- I would like to express my upset and concern that I have now heard from TWO of your doctors that breast exams are not included in Preventative Health Checks. That is outrageous. Breast health is an important part of a women's overall health. I expect the general public does not know that KP does not think so. Secondly- I went into the clinic to see a new primary care doctor, and SPECIFICALLY ASKED for a breast exam at my appointment, which was my yearly preventative health check up. I told her I was experiencing pain and was concerned. She told me that KP doesn't bother to do breast exams anymore, as they turn up nothing. I told her that my friend just had a lump found in an exam (not at your clinic, clearly) and it was cancer (her reply was "well now I feel stupid"). Dr B did not perform and exam as I requested, nor did she order an exam (physical, mammogram, ultrasound, or other) for me. After leaving, and realizing nothing had been done about my request. I called to get another appointment, which was a ways out, with a new doctor. I no longer wished to see Dr B as I do not trust her judgement or skill. KP clinic called and changed my appointment several times and with several people. I then ended up seeing a fill-in physician, who really can do nothing for me, since she isn't a primary care provider. She also reiterated that breast health is not covered in KP preventative care. (Had I known this prior to switching to KP insurance/group I would have NEVER chosen the company). She did find a lump, and has referred me to get further testing. This should have been dealt with in my original appointment. . Dealing with KP has been a nightmare.

Randy

July 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

been a customer most of my life and compared to other health plans they get to the root issue not band aid it because of cost or drag it out for years