Best Company Guarantee LeafFilter Gutter Protection Logo

LeafFilter Gutter Protection

9.4

LAST UPDATED: May 27th, 2022

LeafFilter Gutter Protection is one of the largest home improvement companies in the United States.

LeafFilter installs a micromesh screen made from surgical-grade stainless steel (which neither rusts nor corrodes) to protect your gutter from leaves, dirt, and other debris. The mesh is 275 microns fine, so LeafFilter claims that not even shingle grit will get through.

Additionally, LeafFilter uses a frame made from durable uPVC material that will never warp or deteriorate. So, whether you are dealing with a hot, humid summer in Florida or a below-freezing winter in Michigan, LeafFilter’s gutter cover will maintain its structural integrity no matter the weather.

The last piece of LeafFilter’s three-piece gutter system is the structural hangers. The hangers are internal and securely fastened into the fascia board.

Video Customer Reviews

sandra clisham Customer Review Video About LeafFilter Gutter Protection

sandra clisham

Paul Sundick Customer Review Video About LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Paul Sundick

Chris Adams Customer Review Video About LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Chris Adams

The Good

• Guaranteed Debris Protection
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Does Not Outsource Work
  • Installation Process

Guaranteed Debris Protection

LeafFilter boasts that its award-winning and patented technology is designed to keep everything out of your gutters (except for water). The micromesh screen is so fine that it keeps out dirt, pollen, shingle grit, and pine needles.

Lifetime Warranty

Leaf Filter offers a lifetime warranty, covering any damage in need of repair. Leaf Filter stands by its product and maintains that its filters are the best in the industry.

Does Not Outsource Work

LeafFilter takes pride in working with consumers throughout the entire process. This ensures that all gutter systems are designed and installed to the company’s highest standards and that all customers are receiving superior customer service.

While some consumers don’t mind working with multiple companies, our research team has found that more consumers prefer to work with vertically integrated companies or companies that handle every aspect of the process. LeafFilter is a vertically integrated company, so you’ll never have to worry about coordinating multiple contractors and their schedules.

Installation Process

LeafFilter’s installation process is a fairly simple one. To get started, a LeafFilter technician will come by your home (for free) and determine the best solution. Once that is complete, you’ll schedule a day for the technician to come back and remove your old gutter guards and install new ones if necessary.

Then LeafFilter will clean and prepare your current gutter system for installation. This includes removing debris and making minor repairs such as properly sealing seams, correcting pitch, and looking for any other signs of damage.

The final step is to secure the LeafFilter to your gutter. This process should only take a few hours (but it depends on your home and situation).

The Bad

State Availability

Currently, LeafFilter’s products and services are available in 43 of 50 states and are rapidly growing. However, residents of Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, and South Dakota will need to look at other options for their gutters.

The Bottom Line

The LeafFilter gutter guard lifetime warranty and rapid expansion attest to its success. Leaf Filter has done well because of its dedication to customer satisfaction, and we can confidently recommend LeafFilter if you are in its service area.

Call our recommended rep over at LeafFilter Gutter Protection below.

not_listed_location

LeafFilter Gutter Protection Frequently Asked Questions

Does LeafFilter install gutters?

Yes! If you need brand new gutters or your current gutters replaced, the company can install them in addition to installing LeafFilter on your home.

How do I request an estimate?

We know for many products it is possible to find pricing information online. Unfortunately, because of the custom nature of LeafFilter's product, we are unable to provide pricing information without seeing your home. Estimates are quick and easy, and ensure you receive the most accurate pricing available prior to your installation date. If you are ready to schedule your free estimate, visit the company's website.

Where are you located?

If you would like to see if LeafFilter is in your area, you can easily do so by checking the company's website.

How do I contact support?

LeafFilter support can be reached by visiting the company's website where you can submit a service request at the bottom of the page. Someone will contact you within 48 business hours.

Does LeafFilter install in the winter?

Winter installations can prevent costly damages to your home by redirecting melted snow and ice away from your home’s roof, foundation, and lower levels. It’s exactly why LeafFilter offers free estimates and installations all year round.
Message from
LeafFilter Gutter Protection

As the most reliable gutter protection brand in North America, LeafFilter Gutter Protection has improved the strength and longevity of gutter systems from coast to coast. The LeafFilter team provides gutter replacement, cleaning, and repairs in addition to installing gutter guards.

From innovative design and award-winning technology to professional installation, LeafFilter protects the value of your home and is the perfect complement to your roof. The company's patented three-piece system features a stainless steel micromesh screen, structural hangers, and uPVC framing to optimize debris repellence and weather resistance.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

Claire Cleveland, OH

I've had the system for a month now and I could not be happier. I live in the country; lots of trees, lots of leaves. I had gutters installed a month prior to installing the LeafFilter system and was on a ladder weekly clearing the gutters. Now, it give me great pleasure to see the leaves just slide off the gutters...it's a fantastic product. Highly recommended.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We really appreciate the time you took to leave such a thoughtful review of our service, Claire! We’re happy you had a great experience with LeafFilter and are enjoying your clog free gutters. Don’t forget to tell your friends about our free estimates and discounts available. Thanks again!

Jan. 20th, 2022

bookmark

Featured Review

Chris Turner south carolina

Hi, my name is chris and I recently just got leaf filters put on my house. Um my wife and I moved to south Carolina into a lake about a year ago and realized, wow, there's a lot of trees when you live by a lake and noticed our Gutters got completely filled up with leaves. Had a guy blowing, it seemed like every two weeks because the house is 40,400 square feet and I don't get up on roofs. So I looked online, I did literally what you should do and I just kind of you know, company to, company to company best reviews kind of thing like that. And uh had them come out lee filters and the, I believe his name was Dave uh sat down literally went over everything for like two hours, sat on my front porch with me, went over everything and I was like, man, you know, let's let's do it. So they were out here literally a couple of days later, the technician, it was amazing. He got up again 4400 square foot, 30 ft vaulted ceilings. He was up there, he was doing his thing and I was like having a panic attack watching him. But no, they did a great job and uh I have not had to uh have anyone come to blow anything out of my gutter since. So uh you know, I really highly recommend

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your LeafFilter experience with us, Chris. So glad to hear that we can help you keep your gutters clean and your feet on the ground!

Jan. 24th, 2022

Elizabeth Perry Florida

2 hours ago

Paul Soboleski Kennewick, WA

I have wanted to do something for my gutters for quite a number of years. I got tired of coming home from my many overseas assignments over the years to find a jungle growing in my gutters every time. The expanded metal grating guards and foam inserts that you can buy at the hardware stores just don't help to solve the problem one bit. I've tried all of them over the past 15+ years at this home. So, after doing some online research on LeafFilter and their competitor LeafGuard, and some other options, I called the number when the ad came in the mail one day. I was contacted darn quickly by an appointment-setter, and when the salesman (Jerry) arrived a few days later, he was very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. There was NO pressure whatsoever to sign a contract. Being an engineer, I had a LOT of questions for Jerry, who had an acceptable answer to every one. After all the discounts I got, I just couldn't pass it up. Yes, LeafFilter is kind of an expensive product on a per foot basis, but given that I will never have to mess with my gutters again, that alone is worth the price. The preservation of my shingles, fascias, and soffits is just icing on the cake. The installer (Chang) was at my home on time just two days later, and was done in a few hours. Chang was very competent and pleasant, and he cleaned up after himself nicely, and answered all of my questions during the installation. I've already had a good wind/rain storm that dropped a lot of pine needles and leaves from the neighbor's trees, and all that debris just blew off naturally, even when wet! Had a big rain last night/this morning, and the gutters flowed brilliantly. After the storm moved through, I got up on a ladder to inspect the gutter interior, and the screens are perfectly clean (no shingle grit, pine needles, or leaves) and nothing is left in the gutter pan itself. The product is functioning perfectly as intended, and I couldn't be happier. Money well spent!

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave LeafFilter this amazing review, Paul.

walter and linda egli

I gave it a 5 but it hasn't rained in Southern Alberta for months so really I shouldn't rate it at all. The workmanship looks good. I'm disappointed in the salesman because we got a friend to have it installed. He was supposed to give us $100. We even called him to remind him that we hadn't received our money. He said he was coming to Lethbridge in about a week and would pay us. We haven't heard from him since.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We would like the opportunity to speak to you more about your experience. Please give us a call at 800-749-4566 or email [email protected]

Barbara B Morris Ormond Beach, FL

The guards fit right over your existing gutters and look good on the gutters. The work to install is an all day process for an average home but the workman I had took his time and did a great install I would do it again but would negotiate for a better price they are a little expensive

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Quickly and accurately servicing our customer’s gutters is always a goal for us at LeafFilter, and hearing that we lived up to that goal is very encouraging. Thank you, Barbara!

Linda Maxwell Redding, CT

They do the job of removing water and keeping out debris. However the installation wasn't great. Don't understand why the downspouts go into a fitting that is too large, does not fit the downspout. and some are white and some are black. they look awful. Also the downspout on the front barn is not vertically straight.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Customer satisfaction is our priority, Linda. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or call 800-749-4566, so we can ensure a 5 star experience.

Hedy wilson Germantown, TN

Pleasant purchasing atmosphere and no issue with installation. Except I found a section of the leaf filter laying on the ground beside the house. I do not know if the installers left a stray piece of screened section on the roof of it was blown out of the gutter. I tried to call installer but woud not v

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thank you so much for your feedback, Hedy. We strive to give all our customers top quality experience and caring customer service. Please give us a call at 800-749-4566 or email [email protected], so we can discuss this further.

Virginia Giles Orange City, FL

I cannot say anything bad to write. The person started the work, cleaned up around my house. I mean he cleaned up good, you would not know he had did so much work he had done. I am sorry I don't remember his name to tell him, but I do appreciated his work.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We’re glad you shared your five-star experience. We hope your friends will give us a call after they see your LeafFilter installation.

Raul Martin north carolina

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Customers like you make our job a pleasure. Thank you for being a part of the LeafFilter family!

Mario Cirillo NA

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We really appreciate the time you took to leave such a thoughtful review of our service, Mario! We’re happy you had a great experience with LeafFilter and are enjoying your clog free gutters.

May. 2nd, 2022

Marla Graber

The cover is working well. But was not happy with what I found after. Cigarette butts let laying on the ground product left on the roof amd scews found in the driveway that I could have ran over and caused a flat tire.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Marla. Please do not hesitate to call 800-749-4566 or email [email protected], so we can work together to find a solution.

ANN LETTERIO Port Charlotte, FL

Works great sales staff were great informative and helpful NO pressure to buy gave quick quote Installer was professional and did install great and on time would recommend company

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are overjoyed to hear that LeafFilter exceeded your expectations and provided a 5-star experience! Thank you for your business and your kind review, Ann.

Shirley Shinohara Los Angeles, CA

Great customer service, and on time. Explained service done before leaving. Very pleased with leaf gutter protection. I have recommended leave filter to a few of my friends.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We're happy you had a fantastic experience, Shirley! Thanks for your trust, we're grateful for amazing customers like you.

Dave Reynolds

Very professional and the sales rep was knowledgeable and explained the differences between LeafFilter and other brands on the market. The biggest selling point to me was never having to climb a ladder again.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your recommendation and being part of the LeafFilter family.

Barbara Kemper Durham, CA

They don't show, we're put in quickly, without mess. I can't rate how they work as we haven't had leaves coming down or twin yet so I have no clue how effective they are or aren't. They better be got the money I spent!!!

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Customer experience and satisfaction is our priority! We appreciate your recommendation, Barbara.

Danny Sagadraca Osseo, MN

Timing is everything. The day after our system was installed we experienced a heavy downpour. Needless to say there was no spillover and the water flawlessly drained away from our home.

John Granbury, TX

it's very very good. Trustworthiness Trustworthiness Poor Trustwo Trustworthiness Excellent Customer Service Excellent Quality of Product/Service Excellent Value For Your Money Excellent

Tae Blair Flushing, MI

N O T H I N G is getting to my gutters and I have A L L the trees to test them, big leaves, small leaves, whirlybirds, you name it. Thanks for the peace of mind!!! I feel like a big shot.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with LeafFilter! Our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.

Liz Frickson Monticello, IA

have had NO issues with anything in gutters since LeafFilter was put in, and looks good too. Have not had any really bad weather/storms to judge product with, just a few rain storms.

Tom Ocasio Bolivia, NC

Installation was great, the installer's where very professional. The system works great. We have a lot of pine needles and they flow right off the screens. Great system, very pleased.

Craig Kruger Guttenberg, IA

After having a few good rains, the Leaf Filter system is working great and keeping all the seeds and leaves from our trees out of the gutters! It is sure nice to know I won't have to clean the gutters out anymore!

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

LeafFilter prioritizes customer experience and satisfaction. Thank you for your 5-star review!

Sean Snow San Bernardino, CA

Everything went great, product speaks for its self. From the Salesman to the installers and representative on phone. Very professional and knowledgeable to make our gutters leafFilter proff.

Brad Merritt Salem, UT

Seems like a quality product, however we haven't had fall yet so it remains to be seen how leaves "slide/fall" off the top of leaf filter. Also, I was given a warranty certificate and told to go to their website to "register" my warranty but there is no place on the website to "register" my warranty. Overall leaf Filter seems ;ole a quality product. Their sales rep was very informed and the installation crew did an great job. However, the product seems way over priced for what it is.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

By keeping gutters clog-free, you prevent costly home damages. LeafFilter is also backed by a lifetime, transferable warranty and is the nation’s largest gutter protection company. For these reasons, we hope that you see gutter protection as a valuable investment on your home. Please visit https://www.leaffilter.com/register#step1 to register your warranty today, Brad.

R. R. Dillon Slidell, LA

They were very prompt in scheduling and conducting the installation. However, 1. I had to ask the installer to add additional screws to the screen to get rid of humps in the screen runs to make them flat. 2. Unless I misunderstood the salesman, I thought the screen system enclosed the ends of the gutters to prevent "critters" from getting inside the gutters. Mine are open. 3. I had to ask the installer to flatten some of the shingles after the install.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We hope to learn more about your experience. Please do not hesitate to call 800-749-4566 or email [email protected], so we can work together to find a solution.

Anton Chatman Lenore, West Virginia

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are grateful to have you as a LeafFilter customer, Anton! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Apr. 15th, 2022

George Kadamian Montgomery, TX

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are so happy to hear you had a great experience with LeafFilter, George! Thank you for being such a great customer.

Apr. 14th, 2022

Wanda Griffin NA

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are so excited to see your LeafFilter review, Wanda. Thank you for being such a wonderful customer!

Apr. 8th, 2022

EVELYN JOHNSON Temple Hills, MD

They were in and out within 2 1/2 hours. They cleaned up before they left maybe two days after they had some one to come out to make sure the job was done right.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are happy to hear you had an awesome experience at LeafFilter, Evelyn. Thank you for trusting the nation’s largest gutter protection company!

Jim Mazurek West Chicago, IL

The product itself and the company that stands behind their product. Plus the guards will not be blown off by heavy winds where they are secured to the gutters.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are thrilled to read your recommendation. Thank you for choosing LeafFilter, Jim.

Mark Brewer Greeneville, TN

They look and function great. I am not a verbose person with a lot of gibberish to blather on about just to reach 40 words so your survey will accept my input

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We love your input, Mark! Thanks for choosing LeafFilter for your home.

Linda Hudson North Richland Hills, TX

Great salesperson & installer. Haven't had rain or wind to cause debris so don't know how well duct will work but am thinking positive. Looks great.

Gerrie Johnson Belton, TX

Everything was straightforward and efficienr, from the first sales contact to end of installation.Except for the new roofline, I'd never think the crew had been here.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Welcome to the LeafFilter family, Gerrie!

Carol Hazelbaker Amelia, OH

The valleys in my roof had to be cleaned already because all the "whirlybirds" from the maple trees clogged the gutters where they meet with the corner shields. I've already had to call LeafFilter back out to clean them! It's going to be the same thing in the fall when the leaves come down! I specifically pointed out all the trees, maples and pines. around the front and side of the house to yhe sales rep. I also explained that I'm almost 76 yrs. old and I no longer wanted to have to get up on a latter to clean out the gutters! Aside from that problem, some of the gutters extend 3, maybe 4, inches beyond the ends of the house! Why? I had screens over my old gutters so this system actually exacerbates the problem I had before the installation. As far as the gutters extending beyond the frame of the house, I have no idea what that is suppose to accomplish, but it is not vey appealing! At this rate they will need to clean the gutters every spring and fall! I really can't rate the company or the product based on the problems I have experienced thus far.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thank you for the valuable feedback, Carol. Our goal is to make your homeowners’ life easier, and we regret that you didn’t have a positive experience. We’d like the opportunity to work with you and make it right. If you could call us at 800-749-4566 or email [email protected], our support team is ready to help.

Susan Royal Oak, MI

Were available on short notice, checked the the parts of the roof I wasn't going to update and made recommendations, next day did the promised installation of the high quality gutter. Sales/installation personnel very easy to work with.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are happy you had a great experience with LeafFilter, Susan! Thank you for your recommendation!

May. 16th, 2022

Kathee Staton Fort Lauderdale, FL

Excellent protection from animals which might crawl into the gutters and downspouts. At the time of installation, we had an iguana that had crawled into the downspout and died. Leaves from the trees are kept out of the gutters now - GREAT

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are thrilled to read your recommendation. Thank you for choosing LeafFilter, Kathee.

Michael F. Boesche Tomball, TX

We first got to know, appreciate, and bought the gutter protection for our home in Indiana years ago......?LOVED IT! When we moved to Texas, it was definitely one of the things on our short list to get done soon. Really pleased with the product itself and everybody from the phone-custome

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review, Michael. We are thrilled that you love your experience with LeafFilter! Our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.

The Clarks Philo, OH

Quality crew! Came, installed, cleaned up and left. Hardly knew they were even here. Haven't touched our downspouts or gutters since and my husband hasn't been on a ladder since either! Well worth the money spent. Highly recommend.

Apr. 29th, 2022

Phil Colin california

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We appreciate you sharing your LeafFilter experience with us, Phil! We are excited to welcome you to the LeafFilter family.

Mar. 30th, 2022

Chris Adams Rochester, New York

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thank you for sharing your LeafFilter experience with us, Chris. We appreciate you!

Tony Vance Bedford, VA

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

It's wonderful that LeafFilter has made such a difference for you. Thank you for your recommendation, Tony!

Steve Greiss Edison, NJ

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thank you for choosing LeafFilter Gutter Protection, Steve!

Paul Sundick Long Island, ny

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are happy you had a great experience with LeafFilter, Paul! Thank you for your recommendation!

Elizabeth Emerald NA

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Welcome to the LeafFilter family, Elizabeth!

Chris Denham Danville, KY

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with LeafFilter, Chris. Our priority is customer service, and we are ecstatic that we exceeded your expectations!

Jim Bohnlein Columbus, OH

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Customer experience and satisfaction is our priority! We appreciate your recommendation, Jim.

Frank George Delray Beach, FL

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us, Frank!

Robert Heskamp Oklahoma City, OK

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

LeafFilter prioritizes customer experience and satisfaction. Thank you for your 5-star review, Robert!

Jeff Mercer Colorado

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Welcome to the LeafFilter family, Jeff!

Paula Hastings Portland Oregon

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Customer experience and satisfaction is our priority! We appreciate your recommendation, Paula.