LeafFilter Gutter Protection

9.0

LAST UPDATED: July 18th, 2024

LeafFilter Gutter Protection is one of the largest home improvement companies in the United States.

LeafFilter installs a micromesh screen made from surgical-grade stainless steel (which neither rusts nor corrodes) to protect your gutter from leaves, dirt, and other debris. The mesh is 275 microns fine, so LeafFilter claims that not even shingle grit will get through.

Additionally, LeafFilter uses a frame made from durable uPVC material that will never warp or deteriorate. So, whether you are dealing with a hot, humid summer in Florida or a below-freezing winter in Michigan, LeafFilter’s gutter cover will maintain its structural integrity no matter the weather.

The last piece of LeafFilter’s three-piece gutter system is the structural hangers. The hangers are internal and securely fastened into the fascia board.

Video Customer Reviews

Bill Lewis Customer Review Video About LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Bill Lewis

Christine Ellery Customer Review Video About LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Christine Ellery

Jay T Williams Customer Review Video About LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Jay T Williams

The Good

• Guaranteed Debris Protection
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Does Not Outsource Work
  • Installation Process

Guaranteed Debris Protection

LeafFilter boasts that its award-winning and patented technology is designed to keep everything out of your gutters (except for water). The micromesh screen is so fine that it keeps out dirt, pollen, shingle grit, and pine needles.

Lifetime Warranty

Leaf Filter offers a lifetime warranty, covering any damage in need of repair. Leaf Filter stands by its product and maintains that its filters are the best in the industry.

Does Not Outsource Work

LeafFilter takes pride in working with consumers throughout the entire process. This ensures that all gutter systems are designed and installed to the company’s highest standards and that all customers are receiving superior customer service.

While some consumers don’t mind working with multiple companies, our research team has found that more consumers prefer to work with vertically integrated companies or companies that handle every aspect of the process. LeafFilter is a vertically integrated company, so you’ll never have to worry about coordinating multiple contractors and their schedules.

Installation Process

LeafFilter’s installation process is a fairly simple one. To get started, a LeafFilter technician will come by your home (for free) and determine the best solution. Once that is complete, you’ll schedule a day for the technician to come back and remove your old gutter guards and install new ones if necessary.

Then LeafFilter will clean and prepare your current gutter system for installation. This includes removing debris and making minor repairs such as properly sealing seams, correcting pitch, and looking for any other signs of damage.

The final step is to secure the LeafFilter to your gutter. This process should only take a few hours (but it depends on your home and situation).

The Bad

State Availability

Currently, LeafFilter’s products and services are available in most states and are rapidly growing. However, residents of Alaska, Arizona, and Hawaii will need to look at other options for their gutters.

The Bottom Line

The LeafFilter gutter guard lifetime warranty and rapid expansion attest to its success. Leaf Filter has done well because of its dedication to customer satisfaction, and we can confidently recommend LeafFilter if you are in its service area.

not_listed_location

LeafFilter Gutter Protection Frequently Asked Questions

How does LeafFilter work?

LeafFilter is installed at the optimal angle to effectively accept and manage water while keeping your gutters free of debris. Our product is comprised of a surgical grade stainless steel micro mesh backed by a rigid vinyl body, which ensures only water will enter your gutters.

Where is the product made?

LeafFilter is made in the USA.

Do you install gutters?

You bet we do! If you need brand new ones or your current ones replaced, we can install new gutters in addition to installing LeafFilter on your home. Request a free, in-person estimate to speak with a specialist today.

What is the installation process like?

We strive to provide the best possible installation experience for our customers, ensuring that your gutters are thoroughly cleaned, realigned, and LeafFilter Gutter Protections are professionally installed.

What is the price per foot?

Pricing varies from home to home, as our team takes into account several factors including the size, style, and condition of your gutters. We know for many products it is possible to find pricing information online but, unfortunately, due to the custom nature of our product, we are unable to provide pricing information without seeing your home.

Does the company have financing options available?

Yes, LeafFilter Gutter Protection offers a variety of financing options tailored to each customer's unique situation.

Is the company fully licensed, bonded, and insured?

Yes, LeafFilter employees are fully licensed, bonded, and insured.

Who do I call if I have questions or need service?

If you have any questions or concerns after installation, a dedicated support team is just a quick call away. You can also visit the company's website for more information.

bookmark

Featured Review

B. Truman Burke El Cerrito, CA

Easy to order and pay for with their financing plan. I have a huge tree in my back yard that caused issues for the previous owner. With LeafFilter, I have not had to clean my gutters once!

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

LeafFilter Gutter Protection keeps you off the ladder and provides more time to do the things that are important to you. Welcome to the LeafFilter family!

Jul. 15th, 2022

bookmark

Featured Review

Stefan Cervik Indianapolis, IN

Leaves and shingle gravel have always dirtied my gutters causing issues with water flow . Got sick and tired of these problems and decided to check out what’s out there for good gutter protection. Googled it and after looking at a few different ones I decided to go with LeafFilter gutter guards. Reason being that they are well made ,fastened to the gutters for a secure fit. Not even shingle gravel gets past it. And they are lifetime warranty and a transferable to the new owners. My gutter problems are no more THANKS TO LeafFilter!!

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thank you for leaving a great review! It was our pleasure to help you get off the ladder and keep your gutters clog-free, Stefan!

Jul. 21st, 2022

Perfetti

The whole process with the LeafFilter people locally went very smoothly and in a professional manner. I especially commend the installers who were very efficient and did a great job. The only issue that I have is with the corporation. The service tech gave me a card that has instructions about registering the warranty. I went online the next morning and registered. A copy of the warranty was to be sent to me, but to date I have not received anything.

Amann

They were professional and kind. One of the guys took the time to gently take down a birds nest, there was one hatched and eggs still in the nest. Momma bird was watching. The guy put the nest in a safe place where the momma could see her babies. He then fiinshed the job and returned the nest to its previous place. The momma returned to her babies. I thanked him for his kindness.

Micheal Kennedy

I was impressed with the willingness to deal with me to get the best price for my needs and Leaf Filter's cost. The decision to give me a discount based on my prior military service let me know my business was important to them. The work was done quickly and professionally by the installation team. The new gutter system works great! BONUS: Due to the new setup, our problem with carpenter bees has been greatly reduced for which we are immensely thankful. A pleasant side effect of a efficient, proper gutter install.

Diane

I just had a chance to check how the gutters and gutter guards are behaving — having had a lot of rain, and being in a yard with a lot of oak trees. The front gutter guards look great. On the back, however, a fair amount of the debris/pollen solidified into almost a cement that I could not sweep off with a broom nor scrape off with my fingers. I had to schedule another trip onto the roof with a hose set at a hard flow, to get it off. Is this normal? I've never had this issue before, and never had clogged gutters. But it seems it's the price I'll have to pay each spring after the pollen is done falling.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Our LeafFilter team loved working with you!

Evadne

I have no doubt the initial contact which was made is what sold me on Leaf Filter. Being over eighty years old naturally led me to find other solutions for addressing the issues with my gutters. The first was with the sales representative who was thorough and knowledgeable about the product and understood that living on a fixed income he was met with an issue he worked hard to address. Although I wanted the issue resolved, he never pushed for a sale but walked me through the entire process with understanding and kindness. Surprisingly from start to finish the installment was made by another sincere and credible young man who completed in a few hours what normally would take a fear of ever falling again or searching for someone to clean the gutters for me over my added years. My neighbors immediately contacted Leaf Filter to be installed for their home.

Jack

I have owned my house for many years. The basic house was built in 1924 as a 3 story farmhouse. Over the years the gutters have be replaced or remover. The height being over 30 ft has always been difficult to clean the upper gutters and even the lower gutters would clog and stay that way till the weather or an opportunity comes to clean them. Water in the basement has also been a problem. I chose LeafFilter due to the design they use in their product and had them replace all the gutters & downspouts which they did and accomplished it in one day .......they were professional and did a Great job! In fact they solved a downspout location problem in a terrific way! Also as a side note a LeafFilter person came to the house during the installation to assess the work. As a result of the work I recommended to my daughter get her gutters replaced which she did.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We're thrilled you had an awesome experience with LeafFilter! Thank you for your kind words!

Dickoff

I have been satisfied with the gutter filters so far. No major rain has occurred, and of course being summer, no leaf debris has fallen onto the gutters. It will be the test of the gutter filters when these two event happen. Visual inspection looks good. The installers were polite, and cleaned up after the job was finished. The part of the service I would give only 1/2 of a star is the rep that came to our house to give us a price for the installation of the gutter filters. Alex K. was pushy, deceptive and nearly dishonest. First thing he did was give a price of over $10,000. Then suddenly he was able to reduce it to over $5000. Then when the final price quote of $2,237 was suggested he acted like he was giving us a real deal. Next he said that he had some left over material from another job that he could use if we wanted another color from white. BIG lie!. The installers have all the product and it was in boxes that they use as needed. He also implied that life time guarantee was more than just that the gutters would not clog. Well any person who could see the gutter filter would know that the gutter would not clog, but the top of the filter could clog. DUHHH. That is not guaranteed. The last item I was disappointed in was his unethical dealing with the fact that he left off our shed gutters in the final write up. This was discussed at the time of his price. I specifically mentioned the shed gutters to him and he added them to the total feet of gutter to be installed. We added it to the write up, emailed it back and he accepted it. NOW, when the installers came to our home, they had the old contract and it was missing the shed add on. The installers called the service and were told to include the shed. When this happened he was upset and tried to bargain with us saying he could now add the shed for $340. We did not agree with this and his boss said they would add the shed gutters as included in the agreed original price Then Alex complained to us that "this is cutting into my profit" NOT good customer service. He was in my opinion a dishonest person trying to take advantage of an older person. He should be in with the scam callers or used car sales person.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Please know that we are here for you and want to help. Please call 800-749-4566 at your earliest convenience.

Edwards

The Representative came out on Friday and the gutter installation was done on Monday with the contractors completed the job within the 5-6 hours as was stipulated. We are completely satisfied with the job done and would recommend to all.

Dianne McIntire

The ingenious engineering of the gutters, with screen covering, the quality of metal, is first rate! The knowledge of the on-site representative, answering every question professionally - plus, the installation workmen who were timely, pleasant, fast and very clean, after removing the old gutters and leaving no trash behind. Kudos to all!

Kristine Delzell

I loved Jessica, who came out to my house and gave a free estimate. She did not try to upsell me. She listened to my needs and was pleasant company. The installer was right on time and was polite and tidy. I am completely happy with my new gutters and I highly recommend the company

White

Very nice product that functions properly as advertised. I live in a Loblolly pine forest that can stress any type of gutter guard to its limit. Pine straw will stick in the surgical steel mesh but does not penetrate completely. So far so good. Heavy rainfall goes right through the mesh and discharges out the down spots very well!

Sireena DeFazio

The salesman was very knowledgeable and answered my questions as to “why is this system better than the one I had which failed.” The man who installed the gutters, cleaned out the gutters, put new brackets in to support the new gutter stem, took pics so I could see how bad it was and what he had done, cleaned up everything after he was done, and it was done in less than 5 hours and my house is a 2-story. Knowledgeable, quick, thorough and clean 👍

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your recommendation and for being part of the LeafFilter family.

Bryan

I had the leaf filter system installed on my house 2 yrs ago. Everything was installed in a professional manner. The diverter pieces were installed at the appropriate places however the crew did not paint them to match the gutters as they said they would. So now I have tan gutters and white diverter pieces here and there. Also one section of gutter was cleaned and moved slightly and the seams now leak. Told them about this and it never got repaired. I had the system installed at my Mom’s house and everything went well and the diverters were painted to match the gutters. Clean up on both houses was properly done. I would say this is a good product (a little expensive) but don’t pay your bill until all the issues are taken care of

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

It’s fantastic to see that you had a 5-star experience purchasing LeafFilter Gutter Protection. All of us here at LeafFilter appreciate your business and positive feedback!

Jon-Paul deLange

Great experience from start to finish. The salesperson who visited my home explained everything thoroughly, answered all of my questions, and made the whole process easy. In the end, we have gutters that will last. Best of all, I won't ever have to worry about climbing up ladders to clean them or hiring people to do it for me. The peace of mind is worth the investment, and I'm glad I did it.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We appreciate you recommending LeafFilter!

Daniel Bartlett

I like the fact we will not have to have our eavestroughs ever cleaned again, however, I was a little surprised at how pricy the system is. Unfortunately, we had a snow storm right after the system was installed and the melt went over the top of the eavestroughs. It will be interesting to see what happens next spring. The spring rains have been fine, though, and with all the fuzz, etc, in the air I'm glad we don't have to worry about our eavestroughs being plugged.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We're happy your gutters are clog-free and that LeafFilter was able to help. Welcome to the LeafFilter family!

Joni

Paul made this process so easy and convenient. Secured credit, explained the entire process, and the installer was so thorough. No debris was left laying around, no damage to my property as has been an issue with other repair companies. I am 100% satisfied with the protection , function and design of this product. What was promised was delivered. Best part, they were so much more affordable than any other company! Highly recommend!!

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We're delighted you had a fantastic LeafFilter installation, Joni! Thanks for your trust; we're grateful for amazing customers like you.

Brenda Woodson

My husband and I purchased the LeafFilter Gutter Protection system for our home two months ago. We are extremely pleased with service provided by the workers that installed our new gutters. We’ve had several heavy rain storms in Virginia recently. Our home is protected from the extreme weather and stays dry despite the storms. We recommend this company to our neighbors and friend seeking to upgrade their homes with a LeafFilter Gutter system! Great company! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽🙏🏽

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Our LeafFilter team loved working with you!

Michael

Recently moving to the area, I took note of all the trees surrounding our property and the neighborhood. When the weather got warmer I reached out to you folks, prior to the falling helicopter season. And are we glad we did!!!! So far it is one of the best investments we have put in this house. Floors, kitchens, and painting will come and go through change. But I do know one thing that will stay once we end up leaving here...........the LeafFilter Gutter Protection.

laura conley

We learned about Leaf Filter at a Home and Garden show in our city. We were impressed with the design of the filter system and had someone come out and give us an estimate. The price was reasonable, so we decided to have the filters installed. Everything went smoothly with the installation and we have been very satisfied. The best thing is that we no longer have to climb up and down ladders to clean out our gutters!

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

LeafFilter considers customer satisfaction a top priority. We're delighted to see that we exceeded your expectations!

Janie Bumgarner

We had Leaf Filter installed a few months ago and have not had any issues. We no longer have to worry about stopped up gutters! They have been great so far!

Laurel Meek

The fellow who did, Jesse, was very pleasant and knowledgeable. He had it finished in less than 2 hours. When there was a slight problem after a hard rain, he came right back and fixed it! Lifetime warranty!

Licea

Sent a salesman to give estimate even though I was given a qoute previously. After agreeing on a median number between previous qoute and new one signed contract. First appointment, installer showed called from an unknown number and never came to door. Called company after 2 hours installer never showed at agreed upon time. Installer was back home 2 hours away. Reschedule and which went great with scheduler. Company sent another installer which turns out to be another contractor. Came to realization that they over upcharge by triple if not more and they don't install what they're named after, the Leaf Filter. Pretty much overpaid for regular set of gutters.

Welsh

Everyone was very helpful and answered all of my concerns. The product itself works wonderfully and it's great to have peace of mind about clogs and debris issues. Thank you LeafFilter!

Parsons

Have only had one hard rain since installation but there seems to be a problem with very excessive runoff in one spot by the garage door that precludes walking on that part of the deck. Also the installation of the white part is inconsistent so that it is visibly uneven when looking from the street. Not putting anyone on report but the installer was apparently hurried to finish the job. Possibly more later.

J Steven Cron

I like the lifetime and transferable warranty. The fine mesh that only allows water and air into the gutters. The feature that produces bubbles to help prevent leaves from accumulating on the mesh

Teresa

The customer service is amazing. The installation was quick and easy, meaning from the day I signed the agreement to the day of installation was quick. The crew did a great job cleaning up after themselves too. If you are thinking about buying LEAFFILTER gutter protection, do it. I am very happy I did.

Wanda

Like the idea that I will not have to have my gutters cleaned and no one will be on danger of getting on my roof. I do not have large trees in my yard but have adjoining trees that when the storms come and the wind I get them from property adjoining mine. A little expensive but life time guarantee. Installation was quick.

Wayne

There is nothing I was unhappy with. The person that we met with who explained the program was very professional. Then, the employee that installed gutter covers was a hardworking gentleman who did a great job on the installation itself.

Steve

The process was smooth and the installers were great. Replaced my existing gutters, removed the old and cleaned up the mess. Had a slight issue after install. The customer service rep was fantastic and the issue was resolved within a few days. Could not ask for a better experience.

Samuel

I’m very satisfied with your product; haven’t had any severe storms lately, but I’m sure my Leaf Filter will perform as expected! I’m referring Leaf Filter to family & friends! Thank you 🙏🏽 for being a company with integrity!

Henry

excellent product. We had it installed on the house a few years back works great have not had to clean the gutters since so when the garage needed to have gutters added leaffilter being added was a no brainer. I can't recommend them enough. Great product great service very professional installation.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a great review. Our team loved working with you. We are grateful to have you as a LeafFilter customer.

Jerry

Had them installed a few weeks ago and we have had heavy and light rainstorms since. For the most part they work well but there is one spot where debris builds up and doesn’t come off. Water runs over the debris onto the ground. I had to brush off the debris to get it to flow into the gutter in that area again. They will give you a very high price to start. Don’t accept it. Don’t pay any more than $10/ft. Even that is too high but they may not go any lower. The sales pitch is pretty aggressive. If the cost is too high for you just tell the sales rep you are going to keep looking at alternatives.

Tammy Adams

This company did a really great job on my gutter system which was lacking horribly. They were on time and very efficient. Workers were friendly and Courteous. Looked great when they were done and works fantastic ! Would definetly use them again if theres a need to.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are happy to hear you had an awesome experience with LeafFilter. Thank you for trusting the nation’s largest gutter protection company!

Roger Merschbrock

Sales where low pressure but very informative and installation team was great - very careful during the process and left my property in better shape than when they arrived - answered my curious questions very patiently and professionally.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback. Our priority is customer service, and we are ecstatic that LeafFilter exceeded your expectations!

Glenn Luttrell

Made a call, having a blockage issue, an appointment was scheduled, issues observed, and resolution explained and priced. The cost was accepted, and the gutter covered the next day! It now works satisfactorily, appears to drain well, and I did not have to get on a ladder and initiate repairs! Well Done Guys! Glenn L.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We hope you love your gutters for years to come!

Rob Brown

what a great experience i had with leaffilter Gutter company. Sales guy was awesome at explaining their product in how much better their product is!!! so happy with what a great job the installers did. i would only use LeafFilter they are totally the beat out there!!! yes totally Amazing!!

Elizabeth

Workers left screws everywhere.Lucky we did not get a flat tire.We had an issue with our electrical system after they plugged in to the garage outlet.When I tried to ask about this I was treated like they didn’t want to be bothered.The product itself is great!

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are so glad that LeafFilter earned your business. It was a pleasure serving you and your family.

Robert Bell

The product filters out all debris. I have things smaller than a leaf falling out of trees that previous gutter guards bought from a big box store did not keep out of the gutters and making their way into down spouts and plugging them.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Keeping everything but water out of gutters since 2005! Thank you for choosing LeafFilter, Robert.

Rob Thomas

Very amazing product and simple way to keep the water where it's supposed to be.i love them and plan on getting more done soon.will be referring them to everyone I know.the salesman was extremely kool and down to earth as well,very understanding and interesting.

Julie

The quality is very good. This is the second house in which I have installed these gutter covers. Both salespersons were excellent and knew their stuff. Have an idea about how much you want to pay and they will work with you. On both occasions, they discounted from their initial quote to a number more acceptable to me. Installation was quick and they didn't leave any trace.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We're happy to hear that LeafFilter has helped keep everything out of your gutters, giving you peace of mind for years to come. Your recommendation means the world to us, and we're grateful for your support!

Debra N

We are very happy with our purchase of LeafFilter Gutter Protection. The sales rep explained everything thoroughly and the work was done right away. I referred to a friend and she had hers done as well and is very happy! Highly recommend LeafFilter!

Deyanne Toweill

Our face to face interaction with LeafFilter staff has been positive and professional. We had an area that need a little work and they got right on the issue. When the system was installed, it was during a torrential rain storm. The guys worked right thru the rain and got the job done.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Thank you for recognizing LeafFilter’s 5-star service!

Joshua

LeafFilter was amazing with installing a gutter protection guard for my home. They gave me a reasonable price, and they were speedy with getting the work completed. I very strongly recommend LeafFilter for gutter protection.

Richard

The product and installation may seem expensive, but compare that to the cost of a visit to the emergency room or a stay in the hospital if you fall off a ladder while cleaning out your gutters. With that being said the installation and product is fantastic. The young man who installed the Leaf Filters was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We appreciate you recommending LeafFilter!

Sue

Excellent service: a real person answers the phone; prompt service call; concise info on the product; absolutely no pressure to purchase; installation almost immediately; great installers. Leaf filters guards are effective and certainly worth the cost.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Keeping everything but water out of gutters since 2005! Thank you for choosing LeafFilter, Sue.

Bruce

There's no greater feeling than having the Peace of Mind leaffilter gutter protection gives me. With Leaf filter I never have to worry about clogged gutters again and every time it rains I watch the water come through the gutters knowing that I have that piece of mind, thank you leaf filter.

Vicki

I love my leaf filter so far. We will see when the leaves come but love not having to worry about it. The salesgirl was super & amazing! The nice guy who put them up was amazing also. Thank you for being competent, personal, and professional & working with me.

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are happy to hear that our team unclogged your gutters!

Scott Torgerson

The Leaf Filter team did an outstanding job. They removed the old gutters (by a company that did not carry through on its warranty 😢) and put in new gutters, down spouts, and even replaced water rotted facia. Very professional and on top of it all. We are very pleased with the results!

Reply from LeafFilter Gutter Protection

We are happy to hear that our team unclogged your gutters!