Empire Today was founded in Northlake, Illinois by Seymour Cohen in 1959. The company offers carpet, laminate, hardwood, vinyl, tile, and blinds and shades. Empire Today has won numerous awards, which includes being Stevies' "Company of the Year–Consumer Products" bronze winner in 2016 and winning the Better Business Bureau Torch awards for marketplace and business ethics in 2015.

Armstrong Flooring chevron_right
Mannington Mills chevron_right

The Good

• Low Price Guarantee
  • Free Estimates
  • Recycling Program

Low Price Guarantee

Empire Today says it will beat any competitive offer, guaranteed. If you place an order with Empire Today and find that within 30 days of placing that order another business can beat the product and installation price, then Empire Today will match that. This ensures that you get the lowest price possible.

Free Estimates

Pricing per square foot isn’t always the easiest to calculate, especially if you have an oddly shaped room. Empire Today offers free estimates, which means they will come to your house or business and measure the room to give you a better estimate than what you could have come up with yourself. The best part is that it is completely free of charge and requires no commitments to purchasing their products.

Recycling Program

Empire Today tries to sell products that are better for the environment by being environmentally responsible. Empire Today participated in the Carpet America Recovery Effort (CARE) and also started a recycling program. Not only are the products at Empire Today quality, but they are also taking steps towards helping the environment.

The Bad

Limited Lifetime Warranties

Empire Today offers lifetime warranties on some of their flooring products, but not all. A lot of their products will jump down to 10- or 20-year warranties, which may not be what you are looking for. Before committing to Empire Today, check out the warranties section on their website and see what kind of warranties your favorite products have.

The Bottom Line

Empire Today is a great company to use for flooring. They have a variety of products that are backed up by warranties and environmentally responsible materials. Empire Today allows you to get quality flooring at a low price with their free estimates and low price guarantees. If the flooring you want has a warranty that works for you, then we recommend Empire Today for your flooring needs.

View Top Rated Companies

2.7

vanessa belenger

January 22nd, 2020 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

To say I am disappointed with the overall customer service is an understatement ! Nearly a year ago I purchased flooring and installation for 3 rooms. One of the flooring's I chose was based on the information I was given, which was that this particular flooring could be installed on the stairs at an additional cost which I agreed to pay. Two days later the floors were installed apart from the stairs as the installers advised that it was not possible to install this flooring on stairs. I called Empire immediately and for a few weeks they tried to resolve the issue, but after that I only heard from them when I reached out to them. Finally we agreed I would get a refund for the stairs. That was the end of October. Surprise, surprise I then heard nothing, they didn't even respond to my emails. Finally I paid someone to come out to sort my stairs to match my floors. I reached out again to Empire and someone did contact me offering less money than originally agreed. I explained it was less than originally agreed and far less than it had cost me to correct their incompetence. Well guess what I am still waiting for them to get back to me !!! If you want a company that stands by what they say and have exceptional customer service DO NOT USE EMPIRE!

Michael Leveille

August 27th, 2019 Wrentham, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Issues with this company have been resolved at the corporate level.

Charles Tanner

October 5th, 2017 Henagar, AL

I was happy with everything except the company cancelling my installation 3 times, but once they finally got their crap worked, out I got my carpet installed and was happy with the installation and the installer.