Superior Debt Relief verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

6.4

Call Now

For nearly 20 years, Superior Debt Relief has helped customers settle debts as an alternative to bankruptcy. Although the company requires clients to have at least $10k in debt, it aims to get those debts settled in 12 to 36 months. However, Superior Debt Relief is only available in 23 states.

The Good

• Experience and Accreditation
  • Positive Reviews
  • Free Consultation
  • Resolution Time

Experience and Accreditation

Superior Debt has been in business longer than most competitors, which allows clients to take advantage of the long-established relationships between SDR and their creditors to get better rates. Furthermore, SDR is accredited with the IAPDA.

Positive Reviews

Its customers report high satisfaction levels based on reviews and reports from this site and others. In particular, clients often highlight appreciation for the knowledgeable, attentive, and understanding customer service staff. Many reviewers expressed appreciation for their debt counselor's role in helping them to reshape their financial habits on an ongoing basis.

Free Consultation

To help consumers determine how the company can help and what it can achieve, Superior Debt Relief offers a free consultation. This shows that the company is willing to discuss its services and how it may or may not be able to help a potential client in settling debt.

Resolution Time

Superior Debt resolves most debt in 12 to 36 months.

The Bad

• Missing Accreditations
  • Limited Availability
  • High Minimum Debt Requirement

Missing Accreditations

Superior Debt lacks an AFCC accreditation, while many competitors are accredited by both the AFCC and IAPDA. Along with the missing AFCC accreditation, the company makes no mention of being in compliance with FTC rules and regulations.

Limited Availability

The biggest concern for most potential customers is availability; SDR is only available in 23 states.

High Minimum Debt Requirement

In order to access Superior Debt's services, consumers must owe at least $10k or more, which is higher than the industry average.

The Bottom Line

While Superior Debt Relief has an average price point and a few industry accreditations, the company has been in business for a long time and its customer reviews have been consistently favorable.

We recommend calling Superior Debt if you owe more than $10k and live in its service area. For those owing less or living elsewhere, we recommend working with another company.

Call our recommended rep over at Superior Debt Relief below.

4.9

June 14th, 2016 San Antonio, TX

Dee was awesome! She was almost always available to me, was super friendly and made sure I understood all of the terms and the process throughout my settlement. SDR/Dee were able to reduce my debt owed from $30K to a little over $10K. I was able to pay it off and move on with my life. I have highly recommended them to everyone that has mentioned crippling debt and I hope they continue their business practices/customer service. Although I am taking every precaution to stay out of debt, if I ever needed to seek out debt settlement again, I would absolutely choose SDR in a heartbeat.

February 6th, 2016 Scranton, PA

Superior Debt Relief is awesome! I was over $40,000 in debt and felt I would never pay my charge cards off. My sister in law told me about Superior Debt because she also had debt to resolve...They evaluated my situation and set up a repayment plan that was easier for me to manage. Within 3 years I was done and debt free! They kept me informed every step of the way and made this process bearable! Thank you Dee and everyone who worked on my case!!!

September 18th, 2015 New Port Richey, FL

I am so grateful for Superior Debt! They made an intimidating situation much easier to deal with. Dee was great. She always kept me informed and aware of what the next steps would be...and when I needed some reassurance she was able to help me. Thank you Dee and everyone who may have helped me along this journey.

August 10th, 2015 Sandwich, MA

Awesome customer service! The staff is very understanding! Right from the beginning we knew how efficient and professional the staff was! It took a little longer than anticipated, but we are finally debt free! Thank you Superior Debt Services!

August 8th, 2015 Lake George, NY

Almost 4 yrs ago I started my quest for a company I could work with in helping to resolve our credit debt when securing a job just wasn't working at the time. I had originally started to work with another company, and the rep I had started to work with was great in helping me, step by step to see the differences in the two. It was easy to see I needed to cancel the other company and started to work with Superior. They have kept me informed, when a rep left and retired, I had a call made directly to me explaining why, who was the replacement and they were also as knowledgeable and willing to help as the next. Sometimes in life there are circumstances occur that are BIGGER then us, and if that happens to you, give them a call you will not be disappointed and guaranteed you will start to sleep at night!

August 7th, 2015 Newnan, GA

Superior Debt really cares about their clients! The staff goes above and beyond to assist with any questions or concerns you may have As of today, we are debt free and we owe it all to the wonderful folks at Superior Please call today and join the program to become "Debt Free" Thank you so very much Les and Amy for all of your assistance and guidance Wish you both and Superior continued success! Patty "Debt Free"

July 30th, 2015 Minneapolis, MN

after selling my business, which was not a profitable sale in 2007, my family was in huge credit card debt. the credit card companies were not willing to negotiate or set up a payment . I could see many years of payments and interest charges. I found Superior Debt in Fort Collins Colorado on the internet, I was skeptical at first and did not understand how this would work. this was all explained very well as they provided references and written information about their business. I was going through a rough time and I knew I created this problem, but the credit card companies continued the harassment and high interest charges. Superior Debt came to my rescue, it took some time but together we got it done. Amy and Les were great people to work with.

July 28th, 2015 NC

I was very pleased with the service that I received from Superior Debt. They worked diligently to negotiate settlements on all of our cards that we enrolled and we finished paying off our debt faster than we anticipated.

July 17th, 2015 Pine Grove, PA

This company performs a service for people who don't know where to turn or who to trust. After 3 months into the program and things start to happen for you. Your choice will be validated, then when things get tough learning how to live without credit cards your counselor will get you through all the hard times. Great job will done Bruce

July 16th, 2015 Superior, AZ

Super Debt Relief helped put me back on track with their debt services. They were very personable, helpful and easy to work with. I would recommend this company.

July 13th, 2015 Charlotte, NC

So many companies to choose from and I'm thrilled I was connected with Superior! After a difficult divorce, I found myself in a very negative debt position. Marie was awesome and was there from start to finish over a four year period. Today, the credit score is solid and my finances are back in order thanks to the team at Superior. Many thanks!

July 10th, 2015 Brooklyn, NY

I feel blessed to write a review for Superior Debt. I was in a financial bind and had over 40,000 in debt. In less than 3 years they were able to help my settle and pay it off. Marie Chamberline from Superior Debt guided me every step of the way. I recommend this to anyone looking to get out of debt. They know exactly what they are doing and set up a plan to help you in minimal time.

July 9th, 2015 Littleton, CO

We really appreciated the way Superior Debt Service took care of us when we consolidated our debts. Marie kept in touch with us and let us know when a creditor worked things out with them. We would certainly recommend Superior Debt to anyone who is having trouble paying their credit accounts.

July 7th, 2015 Manchester, NH

The best decision we ever made was when we entrusted Superior Debt to help us with our huge debt. We have learned a valuable lesson and have felt such relief after going through the program. We are debt free and plan on staying that way. We can now retire with the knowledge that we have no debt. We came out of the program feeling so proud of ourselves. We had no shame in asking for help. Superior Debt treated us always with kindness and respect. We would definitely recommend Superior Debt. We thank all of the counselors that helped us throughout our time with them. From the beginning to the end, we never were alone.

July 5th, 2015 Meadville, PA

My representative always answered my questions and helped me through the process. There was never a hidden agenda and all program principles were presented in an upfront manner. They were even able to help me find that an unauthorized account had been opened in my name that was harming my credit.

June 30th, 2015 Sharon, MA

The individuals who guided me through the process were courteous and helpful. The cost of the program, I believe, is too expensive and is exploitative when people are in trouble. I would not recommend a debt relief program to my family and friends, but encourage them to work directly with the credit card companies.

June 29th, 2015

Marie Chandelier was my agent. She always had time for me to answer all questions, and a lot of patience during difficult times. I recommend this company and their services.

June 24th, 2015 Wylie, TX

The company from the initiation call to legal assistance was awesome. Every step of the way I felt supported.

June 20th, 2015 Owings Mills, MD

The process was exact and well defined. The service reps were very informative, and did an excellent job of walking me through each step.

June 17th, 2015 Pittsburgh, PA

I have to say, when I started this program 2 1/2 years ago I couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel, but I was paired with Marie Chamberlain and she is awesome!! Thru all my doubts and questions she calmed my nerves and walked me thru alot of issues! I couldn't of asked for a better person to help me thru this. I never met her, but I feel Ive made a great friend thru this! I will never be able to thank her enough for what she did! Great company!

June 16th, 2015 Columbus, GA

It's a tough thing going through consolidation, but they are a great company to work with. They're understanding when other life situations arise and also transparent about how things are progressing. They always call you back and you're always speaking to the same person. Glad we chose them.

June 15th, 2015 FL

I didn't know what to do. I put my trust in superior and they came through. Very honest and professional . I would recommend them to anyone looking to become debt free!!

June 9th, 2015 Monroe, MI

Superior Debt is one amazing company! All of the staff that I have worked with were amazing, especially Marie Chamberlain! It is not an easy journey, but in the long run the best decision I ever made. After spending 2 years with another so-called debt relief company, what a relief to find Superior! They were always courteous, understanding & helpful. When I had a question, and there were many, I never had to wait over a day for a response. So glad that with the help from Superior, this is finally over. So much stress just eliminated from my life!

June 8th, 2015 Clinton, MD

We are very happy with Superior Debt service. The officials in charge of our case were very professional and they communicated with us often. We completed the program in three years and we are happy to say we are debt free.

June 2nd, 2015 Berlin, CT

Superior debt relief saved me thousands of dollars. I would recommend this company to anyone looking at a mountain of credit card bills who realizes that they will be old before they're paid off. Amazingly, not only did this prove to be a good financial decision, but the people are great to work with. Dee Galla, especially, made this a wonderful experience. There were many times that I was at my wits end and she would make my life easier. When my grandma died and I needed the payment money to go to the funeral, she was able to help me skip a payment and change the payment due date with a renegotiation with the credit card company. When I refinanced my house and the mortgage company was playing by one set of rules and superior operated by a different set, Dee helped make something, virtually impossible to happen, happen for me. She was always courteous, professional, kind,helpful, accomodating, and noticeably ON MY SIDE! And no she did not pay me to say this and I don't know her outside of work. She's a wonderful person and made my experience with Superior great!

May 29th, 2015 Washington, DC

Whew, it's been a long journey. I went through a short sale, and had a good bit (~$18K) of credit card debt. I have had two Debt counselors who were a tremendous help to my mental state and helped me achieve my debt reduction goals. My brother actually referred Superior to me, and I am sooo glad that he did! Dee you have been there for me! I appreciated the phone calls and emails that helped to keep me sane, through this process. You will be remembered and your company referred, should the need arise! Thanks Superior Debt Relief!!!

May 28th, 2015 Columbus, OH

When I first called Superior I spoke to someone who not only knew what they were talking about but also had compassion for me and my situation at the time. During my time with Superior my circumstances have changed for the better and then back to not very good - they worked with me to continue to get my numerous debts reduced and settled. And today I have completed that task and I am totally satisfied not to mention happy.

May 19th, 2015 Bristol, CT

When I got divorced I was left with a mountain of debt that I couldn't possibly pay off (due to poor representation). Superior debt relief helped me wit that! They are the best! Follow their instructions, keep in contact with them, do your part. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them! I am now debt free and have a chance to own my own home. Thank you again!

May 1st, 2015 Rome, NY

Just do it ...pick up the phone and call them now...you wont be sorry!!! We were at the end of our ropes, not knowing what to do next. We struggled with the concept of Superior and we tried to work things out with creditors on our own. Then we said we have nothing to lose and everything to gain..so we called to see what it was all about. Let me tell you I researched it all first and Superior came recommended!! At every step they were amazingly compassionate, understanding, and did not make us feel defeated or embarrassed! Milt was great from the first call we made. Amy is an "Angel" she has followed us ever since we started the program and she is truly the best!!! She checks in on us from time to time and answers all of my questions. I have lots, so don't think they wont answer all you need to know and help you every step of the way. They gave us tools and tips to get through the not so nice calls and threats, but even more they gave us tools to be better at our finances and to learn to think a whole new way for a better us once we are done! We are only 9 months in and no regrets and we feel confident that Superior Debt Relief Services has "our back"!!!! Don't think you can't get help....we felt that way too....no gimmicks no lies...straight to the point....the stress you feel will be lifted once you call...honest...I was in tears everyday...the stress was unbearable....we called and I can breathe ....I am not saying its easy...but its manageable....Make the call...u wont b sorry!!!!!

April 29th, 2015 Port Charlotte, FL

Excellent command of customer needs and specific circumstances. Empathetic,while providing superior service tailored to customers needs. I would not hesitate to refer anyone in need of or in such circumstances to require help from this company. A true lifesaver for me.

April 21st, 2015 Montgomery, AL

I have nothing but adoration for Superior and all of the great work and commitment displayed on my behalf. It's very difficult when we have severe financial difficulty and to have such a company who is committed to making life a little easier is enormous.Since the beginning the staff and my personal consultant Les Brittingham who is now retired, and my present consultant Marie Chamberlain have been exceptional and understanding throughout our relationship. Because of Superior's commitment and competence I have settled numerous outstanding accounts. They have worked with me with integrity and devotion during our business tenure, and I highly recommend Superior Debt Relief. And if I ever needed their service at any anytime. I will not hesitate to call on them. Thanks Superior for being their for me..Client Bernard Mckenzie

April 20th, 2015 Marysville, OH

I would like to Thank everyone at this company, especially the two consultants that I have personally worked with for the past three years. Being in debt is a very stressful place to be. Along with being embarrassing, feeling impossible especially knowing in advance, the barrage of horrible creditor calls that will be coming down the pike. Les and Maria really helped me in so many ways to 'let-it-go" and entrust them with handling the details. They are extremely Professional, competent and courteous. They helped me with my negotiations, and at specific times loaned me resources to be able to "get the deal done" at the time I got the opportunity. When all is said and done, I got rid of my debt at a very respectful discount. I would highly recommend Maria Chamberlain as Les has retired. The peace of mind and the absence of collection calls, has made my dealings with this company a joy. It's such a relief to have no more debt bills to worry about. Thanks a bunch! Gerry in Ohio.

April 17th, 2015 Phoenix, MD

I have nothing but good things to say for this company! I was panicked, almost to retirement with $37,000 of credit card debt, a frozen salary and likely ulcers. Dee Galla my rep, calmed me through the process listened to what I had to say and was so knowledgable I felt totally secure. My very last payment is next month this was best decision I ever made! I would highly recommend this company.

April 16th, 2015 Hudson, OH

Milt Berger has been most helpful, knowledgeable and personable in assisting me. I am going with the program because he has given me hope and confidence to do so. I am very impressed thusfar. Thank you Milt!

April 15th, 2015 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Superior Debt was on their game completely. Les who has since retired was superb in his help and understanding my situation and always took my calls and answered my questions without hesitation. Thank you Les and please enjoy your retirement my friend. Marie then took over my case and didn't miss a beat .She was aware of my situation and did her best to be as helpful as she could in every aspect of my case. I am and always will be grateful to them for their hard work and effort to get me the lowest settlement offers they possibly could. Thanks again Les and Marie for a great job. Cecil

April 13th, 2015 Bonney Lake, WA

I was truly blessed to have come across Superior Debt Relief 4 yrs ago by accident. I highly recommend Superior Debt Relief for their professional caring guidance. Always concerned and encouraging. Thank you again SDR! I am free at last!!!

April 11th, 2015 Hamburg, NY

I was almost $11.000 in debt. After contacting Debt Relief, my settlement amount was 40% of what I owed. I had done this in 26 months. After my last settlement cleared on my credit reports, my credit score went up by 45 points. It was well worth paying Debt Relief to act on my behalf to settle my over due accounts and it was better than filing bankruptcy.

April 8th, 2015 Johnson City, TN

I would highly recommend Superior Debt Services to anyone who wants to reduce their debt and gain control of their finances. I was always treated with the utmost respect & courtesy. Their service was consistently prompt and accurate!

April 7th, 2015 Omaha, NE

If you were not sure of what to do with all your debt as I was, don't be concerned any longer. Superior Debt took all the worry out of paying off those bills and credit cards. After three years and easy monthly payments I'm debt free....best part is that I was able to make my house payments without worrying about "interest"... nothing but fine and courteous employees...THANKS

April 6th, 2015 Philipsburg, PA