Oak View Law Group was founded in 2007 and helps clients with a variety of legal services, including debt relief. Its debt solutions include consolidation, management, settlement, bankruptcy, budget and bill payments. This review focuses on its debt settlement services. The company is a law firm rather than a company that specializes in debt settlement. It provides an online dashboard and has high customer satisfaction ratings. However, Oak View Law Group is missing major industry accreditations.

#1 Freedom Debt Relief chevron_right
#2 Pacific Debt Inc. chevron_right
4.8
#3 National Debt Relief chevron_right
4.1

The Good

• Client Satisfaction
  • Transparent Website and Online Tools
  • Law Firm
  • Low Minimum Debt Requirement
  • Set, Low Fee

Client Satisfaction

Oak View Law Group (OVLG) has helped customers since 2007. According to its website, it has an 84 percent client satisfaction rating.

Transparent Website and Online Tools

Oak View Law Group's website is extremely transparent. The company is upfront about fees and the debt settlement process. It outlines both the pros and cons of debt settlement and explains potential tax consequences.

OVLG also offers online dashboards to help clients see all of their information. With Oak View Law Group's dashboard, users can view signed creditor paperwork, edit personal information, view their credit analysis, submit support requests, add notes to the account, and more. Additionally, the company's website has online resources and tools such as debt calculators, infographics, blogs, etc.

Law Firm

Unlike many competitors, OVLG is actually a law firm, not a company that specializes in debt settlement. As a result, it guarantees that its panel of attorneys will help clients out of debt without breaking any laws. Being a law firm also means that it will provide clients with legal counsel on their debts.

Low Minimum Debt Requirement

Oak View Law Group requires a minimum debt of $1,500. This is much lower than many competitors who require $7.5 to $10k.

Set, Low Fee

Oak View Law Group offers a set, low fee. It charges 15 percent of the total debt enrolled. Many competitors charge a range, typically starting at 15 percent with fees up to 25 percent. Additionally, the company offers a no results refund guarantee.

The Bad

Lacking Accreditations

Oak View Law Group lacks common debt settlement industry accreditations. It is not accredited with the IAPDA or AFCC. These organizations regulate the industry to ensure that debt specialists are using best practices.

Customers can hardly be blamed for steering away from companies that aren't accredited, especially in the debt relief industry, where scams abound.

The Bottom Line

Oak View Law Group offers a variety of debt relief services. Unlike many competitors, it is a law firm. The company charges a set 15 percent fee and is transparent about the debt settlement process. However, its services are not available in every state and it is not accredited with the AFCC or IAPDA. Compare OVLG to other top companies.

View Best Debt Relief Companies

4.8

Annette Harmon
August 1st, 2019 Beachwood, OH

Very satisfied with the program. This program has assisted me with my loans tremendously. Simon G has been excellent at negotiating on my behalf with my creditors. I have been in the program for almost a year and Oak View Law Group has paid off several of my loans. Thank you 😊 Annette Harmon

Heidi
May 14th, 2019 McHenry, IL DETAILS

They have been great about getting me back on in control. Always willing to work with you and your needs.

Wesley
May 6th, 2019 Burbank, CA DETAILS

They’re seriously the best! Reliable and get back to you quickly with any questions you have. I’m so grateful for their huge help!

M S-Vazquez
April 23rd, 2019 Santa Barbara, CA DETAILS

OVLG has been a life saver. Great customer service and great negotiations to make sure we get the account settled promptly and professionally. I love the fact i can always reach out to someone with questions and knowing i will always get an answer in a promptly manner. I would highly recommend OVLG. My personal reference would be to speak to Simon g he is awesome, professional and very accommodating. Thank you Simon for your hard work and for resolving all my questions and concerns so quickly and efficiently.

BOBBIE VANNOY
April 22nd, 2019 Philippi, WV DETAILS

They are helping very well but sometimes I think there being to slow. I have accounts that can be paid of in two to three months but they wait Nd dont get to them

Edwin K Fluellen
April 18th, 2019 Bellevue, NE DETAILS

My name is Edwin Fluellen and OVLG has saved me a ton of money in clearing up high interest debt I had accumulated. They are the best!

Kristi Rankin
April 17th, 2019 Buda, TX DETAILS

It really was a seamless process. Processes were followed as promised.

Lois
April 17th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Oak View Law Group has been incredibly helpful, patient, kind and non-judgmental during an especially difficult period in my life. I'd highly recommend them to any person struggling financially to get back on track! Simon G is my representative and he is always so quick to respond and to provide solutions to any issue I may be having.

Lisa Dennis
April 17th, 2019 Blanchester, OH DETAILS

I have had a great experience with OVLG and my awesome Client Service Manager Simon G. I would recommend their debt relief services to anyone.

Trisha Fawcett
March 26th, 2018 Ashley, MI DETAILS

I am happily able to say I just finished my contract with oak view law group! My agent Steve L. was extremely helpful and worked with me every step of the way including monthly consultations, being able to change my payment date with just 24 hour notice and was even able to skip a monthly payment due to a severe car accident and was unable to pay! Not only am I finished paying all my credit cards off I saved over $10,000.

Calvin Statzer
February 6th, 2018 Bristol, TN

Need to learn more about the site for help

Karen Glass
July 27th, 2015 Cincinnati, OH

I have been using them for the last three years to clean up PDL and some medical bills and they have been taking care of them and no problems with additional fees from the collectors or calls and reduced the amounts owed.

AC
March 13th, 2015 Irvine, CA

Amazing. I had no idea what to do and researched my options. I found OVLG and called- the person I spoke to reassured me and worked with me. I joined, signed and faxed my paperwork in then was assigned a client relationship manager- Sandra, who worked tirelessly for me and had to put up with sometimes daily SKYPE messages. All were answered within the hour with politeness and reassurance. Bottom line is that you will not be alone or far from someone who will listen to you and make you feel like a human who probably made a mistake (or several) but never like a deadbeat. They can help you out of the hole you might be in. You can trust them.