InCharge Debt Solutions

InCharge Debt Solutions Logo

InCharge Debt Solutions

Average Monthly Fee of $25

InCharge Debt Solutions has been in business since 1999. It claims its process can help clients eliminate debt up to 90 percent faster. The company has helped over 3 million people with free credit counseling and has helped pay off over $3 billion of debt.

InCharge helps clients reduce interest and makes it easy for customers to pay off their debt with one monthly payment. InCharge fees are reasonable, and its credentials are impressive. However, InCharge doesn't reveal several key pieces of information, such a interest rates or state availability.

View InCharge Debt Solutions Reviews

InCharge Debt Solutions does not disclose information about its cancellation policy or its state availability. Take a look at the top debt relief companies to find one that suits your needs at a fair price.

#1 Freedom Debt Relief Logo Freedom Debt Relief ›

9.9

Overall
Score

#2 Pacific Debt Inc. Logo Pacific Debt Inc. ›

8.3

Overall
Score

#3 Accredited Debt Relief Logo Accredited Debt Relief ›

7.6

Overall
Score

#20 InCharge Debt Solutions Logo InCharge Debt Solutions ›

Overall
Score

The Good

• Accreditations and Certifications
  • Free Consultation
  • Low Fees
  • Financial Tools and Resources

Accreditations and Certifications

InCharge carries several important certifications, namely with the NFCC, which implies they adhere to best industry practices. InCharge is AICCCA and NFCC accredited. In addition, each credit counselor it employs is certified.

Free Consultation

The free consultation InCharge Debt Solutions offers is standard for the industry and allows potential clients to learn more about debt solutions offered, cost, and customer service. Understanding these things helps a potential customer determine if InCharge Debt Solutions will be a good fit for their needs.

Some clients like the personal service and have no problem recommending the company to others who may be looking for help. They appreciate the time and effort that their counselor spends working with them to help them understand how to improve their financial circumstances.

Low Fees

Debt consolidation is a government-regulated industry. If you choose to work with a certified company, you will find that most companies charge similar prices, while prices vary by state. InCharge has a low monthly fee for the industry--charging an extremely low average monthly fee of $25 and an average upfront fee of $40.

Of course, the company will charge customers differently according to which program they choose. A debt management program at InCharge Debt Solutions involves consolidation of your debts and negotiation of lower interest rates without taking out a new loan. A debt management plan can waive credit card fees and lower your credit card monthly payment.

Credit counseling at InCharge Debt Solutions is absolutely free. However, it is more reminiscent of the free consultation offered by every company. Credit counseling at other debt management companies is usually a long, drawn-out process where customers are counseled, educated, and helped with budgeting and the use of other debt management tools.

Every debt management program at InCharge Debt Solutions can help with unsecured debt (credit card debt, medical debt, student loan debt, etc.). One of the few services the company does not provide is a debt settlement program. InCharge  However, the company offers all of the following debt relief services:

• Credit Counseling
  • Debt Management Programs
  • Debt Consolidation Programs
  • Personalized Debt Relief Solutions
  • Bankruptcy Counseling
  • Student Loan Counseling
  • Housing Counseling
  • Financial Literacy Education

InCharge Debt Solutions offers its clients comprehensive services for dealing with their debt problems. Those seeking debt settlement or a personal loan will need to consider another company.

Financial Tools and Resources

Clients working with InCharge Debt Solutions have access to different tools and resources to help them improve their financial situation and personal financial literacy. Some of the resources available to clients include financial calculators, videos, guides, eBooks, and estimators. Another resource available to consumers is the InCharge blog, which provides expert tips and insights on different financial obstacles.

The Bad

• Broad Range of Interest Rates
  • Undisclosed Cancellation Policy

Broad Range of Interest Rates

Like many companies in the debt consolidation industry, InCharge does not disclose the exact interest rates offered through its debt management plans. This makes it difficult to determine if this company's service is more or less expensive than the competition without going through the entire process of getting a quote. In debt consolidation, interest rates are extremely important to potential customers.

InCharge Debt Solutions claims that it can lower your interest rates down to anywhere from 5 to 35 percent; this is a very broad range that doesn't really help customers at all. Other companies advertise an interest rate after reduction of 6 to 9 percent, a much more helpful number, but a less impressive range.

Customers will want to go to a company that offers the lowest fees and can get the best interest rates. Interest rates will have an impact on how much customers will save and how fast they will be able to pay off their debt. However, interest rates are negotiated for each customer, so there is variability. The months it takes to pay off debt also varies depending on the customer's financial situation--the amount of debt and size of monthly payments.

We would also like to see some sort of ISO certification as an indication that the company's financial records are compliant and fraud-free.

Undisclosed Cancellation Policy

Despite its better qualities (such as its financial literacy training and variety of debt relief options), InCharge Debt Solutions does not publish its cancellation policy and process on its website. It is important to be clear with current and potential customers of what is to be expected if they choose to cancel.

Most debt management companies publish their cancellation policies and sometimes offer money-back guarantees. InCharge does not offer this information at this time.

While it would be nice to see this information online, it is something that potential clients can ask about during the free consultation.

The Bottom Line

InCharge Debt Solutions is a debt consolidation and counseling agency that provides debtor education to consumers in order to better handle their unsecured debt. Customers can choose from a variety of debt relief options, including a debt management plan, housing counseling, bankruptcy counseling, and financial literacy education.

Although we commend InCharge for its accreditations and certifications, the limited online cost information can be frustrating for potential clients. It makes it hard to know if customers are really getting a good deal with them compared to the competition. Companies that are transparent and offer full disclosure to potential clients build more trust. Potential clients should take advantage of the free consultation to learn more about possible debt solutions for their problems and costs for their financial situation.

View Best Debt Relief Companies

3.5

porsha
May 6th, 2019 Evanston, IL DETAILS

terrible company they seem nice in the beginning but all they did is ruin my credit even more and taking my money monthly for no reason I plan on calling a lawyer about this soon DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME BEWARE!!

Caryn
February 15th, 2019 Martinsburg, WV DETAILS

They mislead customers into believing they’re handling your accounts, to include communicating with your creditors. They don’t. They don’t communicate at all, but will try telling you “we’ve reached out but haven’t been able to get a response”. Don’t believe them. My credit has been ruined by them. They collect a fee for doing absolutely nothing.

William
November 21st, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS

Been with InCharge for a year, will be paying my debts off at least 6 months early as well as collections. Very professional and helpful.

Hope Graham
October 30th, 2017 Crescent City, CA DETAILS

Amazing. No more 24/7 day harrasment. Payments are heaven. Come out of hell. Gas was $5 plus a gallon. Going to work or doctor or anywhere was on credit for most of the month.

ROY L CHASTEEN
September 21st, 2017

In Charge Debt Solutions handled my enormous debt very efficiently and professionally. Their counseling was good, and handled my debt well for two years. I am very pleased with the rates they negotiated for me. I give them a thumbs up for their work with my debt.

Jodi Niswonger
August 26th, 2017 North Las Vegas, NV

I just spent three days applying and filling out all of the necessary requirements for this debt management company. Through the process, they said I qualified for the program. They even took all of my bank information, which terrifies me now. I was told to call a number to verify my account and to ask any questions I may have. The first person I spoke to stated "I made too much money to qualify for the program." The second person I spoke to one hour later said "I did not make enough money for the program." I hung up frustrated and in tears. What a waste of time, and now I have to monitor my bank account to make sure these jokers don't steal from me. Lastly, Elaine the second representative was extremely belittling and condescending through the entire process. My advice, run from this shady company!!

christine
April 13th, 2017 Glenwood Springs, CO

I was way over my head in cc debit. I was barely making my monthly payments because the interest rate was so high on all my cards. I was frustrated and literally googled debt solutions... and they came up. I was taking a total gamble on this being a good company. I have to say... I am 100% satisfied. They are AWESOME. Great customer service... promised what they said they were going to do.. and the best part.. was they got my cards down from 24% (all 5 of them) to 2% - 8%!!! I recommend them to EVERYONE I know that is in trouble with cc debit. thanks for being awesome

Roy
January 26th, 2017 Diamond Bar, CA

Good and easy to work with. I like how you can start and complete all your information online without having to talk to someone first. Nice website allows you to monitor your progress and make updates and download statements. Very happy so far, they made it easy and fast to start.

Jen
June 8th, 2016 Colorado Springs, CO

I used InCharge to help pay off credit cards that had gotten out of hand. The monthly payment was easy, smaller than all our payments combined. Customer Service always answered any questions I had. I followed my credit score thru this process and it hasn't been negatively effected. We also paid off all our debit a little more than 1 year early. Anytime a balance dropped below $100 we made a one time payment directly to the credit card and paid it off in full, our payment with InCharge would stay the same, but now more money was going to a different bill, they let you chose which one to add the extra cash to.

Leonard Miller
April 21st, 2016 Mercer Island, WA

I am new to Inchage but they are very easy to work with and understand your individual need to gain finacial freedom thank you Incharge