Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

6.0

a year ago

DebtGuru

verified
This company offers low interest rates

DebtGuru is a nonprofit consumer credit counseling organization that provides a debt management plan and free credit counseling services to help people consolidate their debt. Many customers receive debt relief without having to take out a consolidation loan or file for bankruptcy. DebtGuru's debt management program works with unsecured debt and does not require collateral. However, the company is not accredited with any consolidation organizations, aside from NIFE (National Institute of Financial Education). DebtGuru's program is legal, approved by creditors, and has helped thousands of families achieve financial freedom.

The Good

• DebtGuru's Process
  • Benefits of the Program
  • Low Interest Rates and Cost
  • Relationship With Creditors
  • Educational Resources
  • Accreditation

DebtGuru's Process

In order to achieve debt relief, DebtGuru works with a combination of free credit counseling and a debt management program. To start, customers can request a free, honest, and accurate evaluation of their unique financial situation. The company provides advice and claims to help assess the customer's finances within 15 minutes. DebtGuru works with customers to devise a plan to achieve financial freedom.

Customers can enjoy a free credit counseling session with a non-profit, certified, credit counseling professional. DebtGuru professionals will go through customers' spending habits and dive into their financial situation. The session will let you know if DebtGuru's debt management program is necessary, or if small changes in your financial habits can do the trick. DebtGuru's debt management plan works with creditors to decrease interest rates, late fees, and over-limit fees. The credit counseling process can actually help save 10 to 15 percent of your income.

If DebtGuru's debt management program fits your situation, it can reduce monthly debt payments, create a budget, and make sure payments are made on time. The company claims to help save their customers at least $10,000 in lower interest payments.

Benefits of the Program

Using online forms, customers can apply and get started with the debt management program the same day. Customers can consolidate debt through this program without having to take out a loan.

The debt management program can help reduce or eliminate interest rates, and reduce monthly payments by 25 to 50 percent. It can also help reduce or eliminate late and over-limit fees. With the program, customers can stop collection calls and creditor harassment.

Customers can choose how long they want to stay enrolled in the program, and can terminate the plan at any time. People get out of debt in one-third of the time with this program, and 95 percent of clients significantly reduce their interest rates.

Low Interest Rates and Cost

DebtGuru offers low interest rates to help customers manage their debt. But, how much does DebtGuru cost to use? There is a monthly cost of anywhere from $15 to $39. The company can reportedly reduce your interest rates down to 0-15 percent. So your savings will depend on the monthly cost to interest ratio. For example, if you pay $20 per month to reduce your 18% interest rate loan down to 8%, that's well worth your money.

Relationship With Creditors

The company claims to have a great relationship with thousands of creditors. DebtGuru actually aims to work with creditors and not against them. Their positive relationship with creditors is what allows customers the ability to reduce interest rates, monthly payments, fees, and stop collection calls.

Educational Resources

While it is not necessarily required to offer debt articles and educational resources, it is a helpful addition to companies. Customers who want to learn more about consolidation and debt relief can explore DebtGuru's blog and debt articles for free.

Accreditation

DebtGuru is ISO 9001:2008 certified and is in good standing with the Better Business Bureau. The National Institute For Financial Counseling Education independently certifies their counselors.

The Bad

• Lack of Transparency
  • Few Consolidation Tools

Lack of Transparency

The website lacks key information on fees, costs, and interest rates. DebtGuru does a good job of explaining the monthly fee-however, past that, the website really does not elaborate on potential fees included in the program. There is no information on cancellation fees or any additional fees. It is also unclear whether or not DebtGuru includes a money-back guarantee with its services, and if the debt management plan works in all states.

Few Consolidation Tools

Though the website does provide debt articles and a financial blog, the company does not seem to offer a consolidation calculator of any kind. Additionally, the website does not provide any past consolidation examples-only past client testimonials.

The Bottom Line

DebtGuru offers free credit counseling services and a debt management program that work together to help customers achieve debt relief. DebtGuru's debt management plan does help customers consolidate debt.

When looking into debt relief programs, DebtGuru has a good track record of helping people achieve financial freedom.

Call our recommended rep over at DebtGuru below.

4.8

Wendy C.
December 21st, 2017 Cisco, TX DETAILS

We were very satisfied with the service you gave us. Thank you.

Charly Z.
November 21st, 2017 Miami, FL DETAILS

Very good consultant people but the lack of online access makes me feel uncomfortable

Marlene Preissner
October 20th, 2017 Enfield, CT

We were very pleased with the excellent service provided through this company. All of the accounts we had consolidated were approved and taken care of with one monthly payment. We would highly recommend them to all.

Elsie D Dickerson
July 17th, 2017

I'm very thankful for Debt Guru/American Credit Foundation. They did just what they advertised. They delivered just like they said they would; from my initial telephone call all the way to the very end. I was assigned a counselor that assured me that she get my interest rate lowered on a credit card bill from 19.9% to 1.9%. She did just that. In the beginning I had a $15,000 plus balance, that would have taken me 30 years to pay by making only the minimum payment each month. In just a few years I have a zero balance. Debt Guru is an awesome company. I highly recommend them for debt relief.

Linda Cornelous-Fisher
July 13th, 2017

I have been on this program twice before. I was so pleased with the service that I recently referred 3 people. One from Chicago, Arizona and Decatur IL. each one of these persons were in dire straights at the time I spoke with them. They have since let me know just how wonderful ACF is and it was a god send. I will continue to be a spokes person for ACF. Not every company can be trusted now a day. Thanks to all of ACF staff.

Stephanie
April 19th, 2017 Saint Paul, MN

ACF has been very helpful in helping me manage and pay down my debt so much faster than I could have done alone! I admit, coming onto the program felt challenging: there were a couple of bumps on the front end, and I'm Type A x 1000, so giving others control of my financial situation was very nerve wracking! The team at ACF handled my constant inquiries like professionals and reassured me when things felt tricky. I've tracked things on my end every month and with this program, I have seen my debt decrease exponentially faster than I was able to do on my own. It took years for me to create my financial problems and it will take a few more to see that zero balance. But now, I at least see an end in sight whereas before, I couldn't imagine being debt free.

sylvia c villarreal
April 13th, 2017

I really want to thank Debt Guru for helping me . I could not had do this without your help.

Tiffany Christensen
April 12th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Debt Guru! I love you! The best part of their customer service is the prompt replies and professional correspondence. I can tell they are trying to do whatever will help me the most come so I can be financially free. I can't recommend them enough and I tell all of my real and facebook friends about them!

Kay Westlake
April 10th, 2017 Seattle, WA

My experience has been nothing but positive with Debt Guru. Adam, my counselor, was great. I was able to work with Adam to get my debt under control and eventually paid off. I am very pleased. Thanks!!

Lynnae
April 10th, 2017 Mount Olive, AL

We can't express enough gratitude and appreciation we have for this company! We can't believe how much our lives have changed because of their help! They are consistent, cooperative, friendly and professional! Thank you DebtGuru!

Cindy Lang
April 6th, 2017 Louisville, CO

Things got handled very quickly and professional

Laura Bird
April 4th, 2017 San Jose, CA

Credit card debt overwhelmed us. Husband lost job, and was in school. I heard the radio add and responded to it. With in a few short months our credit rating started going up, credit card debt amounts where finally going down. We can now see the end of our Credit Card Debt. It has been a blessing to work with ACF. Their service and attention to us and our needs has been amazing! I would and have recommended ACF to those that need financial help. Thank you!!

Robin Aubrey
April 3rd, 2017 Provo, UT

Everyone there has been great to work with. They've been really response to any questions I've had along the way. This service has been a life saver, helping me out when I didn't know where to begin. I would highley recommend their service to any one who is struggling with getting their debt under control and does not wish to file bankruptcy.

Aubrey
March 31st, 2017

The people that handle my account are always so helpful and always answer all my questions. They make sure I'm aware of any options available and handle everything with a professional attitude! I recommended all my friends to use this service! It was a lifesaver!

Kathy Jackson
March 31st, 2017

These guys are GREAT! I was lost until they gave me hope! I could not have done it without their help!