Debt Rx

5.8

Since their founding in 1998, Debt Rx has settled millions of dollars in debt. The company goes to lengths to offer support for a various clients, even employing Spanish-speaking debt experts to assist those who prefer Spanish. It has a $7,500 minimum debt requirement, which is low for the industry.

Debt Rx fees range from 15 percent to 25 percent. Debt Rx is certified with the IAPDA as a Bronze Member. Its services are available in 38 states and Washington, D.C.

View Debt Rx Reviews

The Good

• Extensive Industry Experience
  • Services Offered
  • Money-Back Guarantee

Extensive Industry Experience

Founded in 1998, Debt Rx is one of the oldest names in the debt settlement industry. That experience means more relationships with more creditors and (hopefully) more favorable settlement terms for clients.

One way this experience manifests itself is in the information presented on the website. Debt Rx clearly states that debt settlement isn't for everyone and that it requires a minimum debt of $7,500.

If Debt Rx thinks debt settlement isn't right for you, its representatives will be upfront with you. The company makes sure to offer you with the proper service to fit your needs.

Its commitment to finding the best possible solution for all of its potential clients means that potential customers don’t need to worry about being pushed into debt relief options that they don’t fully understand or choose for themselves.

Services Offered

Debt Rx provides several great services. The company offers an online dashboard that allows customers to easily manage their accounts. Another excellent service offered by the company is an online debt calculator to help consumers calculate how much debt they will pay, without a settlement, over the course of their lifetime.

Customers may also speak with a representative over the phone. Clients have expressed appreciation for the free consultation and fluent Spanish-speaking customer service agents.

Money-Back Guarantee

Debt Rx promises a money-back guarantee. If the company is unable to produce results, it will not charge a fee. In addition, the company charges $0 in fees until after a settlement is reached. However, it does not guarantee that your debt will be lowered by a specific amount or percentage.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Potentially High Prices

Limited Availability

Debt Rx is only available in 38 states and Washington, D.C. Potential clients who live outside of these states will have to seek alternative debt settlement companies. However, if you’re in an area that Debt Rx services, it is a good option to consider.

Potentially High Prices

Debt Rx's fees range from 15 to 22 percent, which is typical for the industry. While a percentage of the debt can be pricey, the top of Debt Rx’s fee range is lower than some of its competitors.

The Bottom Line

Debt Rx offers many great services to customers. We like that they employ Spanish-speaking representatives. The years of experience, accreditation with the IAPDA, and money-back guarantee can offer potential customers debt relief services with confidence.

Potential customers should verify that Debt Rx is available in their state. We also recommend that potential clients compare companies to see if Debt Rx offers the best price for their settlement. However, Debt Rx's prices are competitive with others in the industry, so potential clients should also consider the value that Debt Rx offers.

View Best Debt Relief Companies

5.0

Kbeers Palm Bay, FL

I worked with Jon G. As a first time caller, I didn't know what to expect. With our current finances, I knew we needed help to pay off our debt. Jon took the time to explain everything, how the company works to lower the amount of debt and will work with our creditors, to settle accounts. We just started, but I'm very impressed with Jon's helpfulness and patience in explaining everything and answering my questions. Thank you Jon G.

Hasitha Ratnayake Spring, TX

I am working with Brian and the service is awesome. He answered everything I needed and very helpful and fast at responding back to me. Definitely recommend to anyone who needs help with Debt.

LloydL Vacaville, CA

My dealings with Christine were what makes a rough situation into one that I see the light at the end of the tunnel moment. She is your private cheering squad that keeps you going that you can do this and there is an end. I think she happier than I was when I was done. Thank you!

Walter Clark Youngstown, OH

Expert Customer service. Flexible with emerging situations that impact you.

Kayla Kellett Laurens, SC

Slow to start but almost at the end and it has been great to work with them!! My husband and I have been working with DSG since December 2017. At first we did have a problem with not being informed enough, we almost cancelled our services with them! Then Justine spoke with us and explained that we would be kept up to date more! She kept us VERYupdated and in the loop with what was going on. Then something happened and the calls and being informed stopped! That is until Christine!! This lady has rocked!!! She has kept us MORE than updated and informed!!! She has helped keep us sane with the end in sight!! I think she is the only one who has been able to get anywhere with a company that has been giving them problems since we signed on with the DSG program! All I know is that we hope and pray to get to finish our program while working with Christine!! She is awesome and gets things done!!! Thank you for putting her on our cases, she has excelled and then some!!!!

Reply from Debt Rx

Great feedback Kayla! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with our services. If you need anything or have questions, please reach out to Customer Service at 1-800-395-5353.

Apr. 22nd, 2020

Phyllis Reiplinger

I was ve;ry doubtful about going to this extent but I was struggling to make payments and could not keep it up. After retiring my income was substantially reduced. The representative I spoke with was very understanding and had the answers to my questions. He made me feel like this is a wise decision and that I was not cheating the creditors out of any money. They were just getting the money owed at a much lower interest rate. Instead of looking at using all my retirement funds and trying to keep up with payments, I would be able to free up some of my monthly income to pay for necessities which I had not been able to afford.

Deb Moore Washington, DC

Debt RX Has been amazing for me. They take the time out to talk to you about your account, they are prompt, professional and have an amazing staff. I had a lot of debt that I couldn’t seem to manage on my own so I started looking for options. DEBTRX came up as an option and I was sold based off my first conversation with the representative that signed me up. So thorough and clear I felt relief immediately just based off one conversation. If you have debt do yourself a favor and hand it over to Debt Rx they will put your mind at ease and you’ll walk away debt free without having to do it on your own!

Reply from Debt Rx

Deb, We’re delighted to read your feedback !! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect debt relief services for each customer!

May. 28th, 2019

Phillip Jaso Pueblo, CO

This was the best customer service I have encountered in a long time!!!! I felt embarrassed that I even had to use a Debt Settlement company, however, Debt RX relieved that feeling immediately. Upon enrollment into the program I initially spoke with Pat, she reassured me that I was not doing anything wrong and that they were going to take care of me. Then I was contacted by Justine and she too made me feel like family as she guided me through all the steps like a momma bear to her cubs. The professionalism of Justine was beyond excellent as she kept me informed regularly, not once did I feel confused or left wondering what was going on. The quality of work from Justine was just awesome, the results speak for themselves. AMAZING!!!!!! I'm sorry but 5 stars does not do justice for Justine, Pat, Leniqua and the rest of the staff that was involved. Debt RX should be given a Presidential Award of Excellence because they truly are helping change people's lives for the better! If anyone in my circle of family and friends ever find themselves drowning in unsecured debt, my lifeline to them without hesitation will be to call the Debt Settlement Group, also known as Debt RX. Thank you so much for your time, effort and sincere Professionalism. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Allison O. Saco, ME

I had called several other debt consolidation company's and for one reason or another they could not do anything for me and kept transferring me to other places. So I looked up top 5 debt help places and Debt RX was right in first place. I got a call from Josh Yonce and he listened attentively to my concerns and said there would be no problems. Everything went smoothly and cannot wait to do more business .

Carollee Chloride, AZ

My Mom is just at the beginning of this process. She is 77 years old and has had a lot of questions before committing to this process. Josh has been awesome. He received several phone calls from us and was kind and informative and VERY patient. If everyone else my Mom will have to talk to is as kind and understanding as Josh.............she should have no problems.

Thomas Stewart Portland, OR

Jon G is excellent to work with! I look forward to referring him to anyone I find who needs help as I have had.

Richard C Beal Bend, OR

Brian was very easy to work with and ask the proper questions and answered any that I had. His boss should give him a big raise.

Sheila Handke New York, NY

They made the process very easy to follow. I am very pleased with company, and I highly recommend Debt Rx , for help with financial issues. Better than bankruptcy process.

cathy CARROLL Cleveland, OH

we had a pleasure working with Geina. every time I or jeff had a question she responded with a clear and professional manner. she is a jewel and a asset your team

Tina Mears East Wenatchee, WA

Tanisha from your company was very helpful. she answered all my questions and was very nice. very knowledgable. She made me comfortable about the help I can get from your company. Thank you so very much

HRamirez Port Saint Lucie, FL

An amazing Customer Service. Tanisha P was able to explain the process clearly and convinced that her program was the best. When she finished I had no doubt that she was right. Tanisha P is amazing! She deserves a 10 .

Dina Pet Lover Monticello, NY

I like the way they explain everything and gave you the options up front of the programs they have available to suit your needs The Debt Specialist was able to set up a plan and I was able to view and download all the paper work they provided I feel confident they will help me with my debts

Patsy Murphy Gloucester, VA

Debtrx helped me and my family to get out of debt. Without their help we would still be struggling. They are a super nice group who always are there for you. Very patient, always answered my calls. Never thought I would get out of debt. Thank you debtrx!!! Could not have done this without your help.

Reply from Debt Rx

Patsy, We’re delighted to read your feedback! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect debt relief for each customer! And congratulations on becoming debt free.

Jan. 7th, 2020

anonymous Sequim, WA

It was a good experience to work with this company. I had amazing customer service from the first person I talked to to the specialist handling the negotiations with my creditors. Thank you for making this experience worry free.

Laird Germantown, MD

I was really nervous but I spoke to Brian and he was amazing! He really has a grasp of his profession. I confident in the program he recommended for me and I know I made the right decision. If anyone out there is in a similar position I would certainly choose Debt Rx.

Joseph Faso Burlington, MA

I found it to be very professional also any questions I asked were answered completely. My contact seemed quiet knowledgeable and friendly. I even received call to make sure I understood the particulars . It all was a pleasant experience!

Tamara K Singh Melstone, MT

The people at Debt Settlement Group are very friendly and easy to work with. They helped me settle my debts quickly and efficiently. I had no stress from debt collectors and they helped me to bring my credit up. I am very pleased with the help they gave and I would use them again, most definitely. Thank you Tamara Singh

Karen L Pulliam Indian Head, MD

Because of DSG, they helped ease stress and save lots of money. DSG employees were very courteous, polite, knowledgeable and acted in a Professional manner. I would certainly highly recommend them to all of my friends . It has been a rewarding experience.

Reply from Debt Rx

We appreciate your feedback, Karen! We aim to provide the best service and value for our customers!

Jun. 11th, 2019

Anna The Villages, FL

I have worked in-depth with this company, trying to settle my debts in a timely manner. Every employee, without exception, has been highly professional, caring, and always ready and available to help at a moment's notice. They made a sensitive subject (debt relief) seem like it wasn't devastating. Thanks so much!

Reply from Debt Rx

Thank you, Anna! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Apr. 29th, 2019

IMMACULATE SCOTT New York, NY

I highly recommend Debt RX Debt Settlement Group I give the program 10 Stars They got me through a terrible time in my life . Great Customer service Monthly calls to talk about were I at in the program My Debt financial advisor was a great help to me every Step with my debt Payment were fit to my Monthly Budget Thank You

Pamela Hoelscher San Antonio, TX

Very nice. Spent the time to get things right the first time.

Toboris Chapman Ft. Washington, MD

Great customer service when it came to resolving my issues. I recommend Gina for her precise resolution expertise skills! Thank you!

Jay Satterfield Charlottesville, VA

The company did as they promoted. They called frequently. They answered all Email and called if they had further questions. They kept me informed.

Reply from Debt Rx

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Congratulations on becoming debt free!

Sep. 8th, 2020

Kiana Russell Alexandria, VA

So I worked with Ms. T last night and she gave me top 100 customer service. From explaining to me all of my options, to just letting me know that I will have help every step of the way.

[email protected] Austin, TX

My experience has been wonderful with DebtRx. I am working with a knowledgeable and helpful representative Mr. G. He has gone above and beyond to answer all my questions. Highly recommended them and him.

Darlene McKinney Detroit, MI

Debt RX was great in helping settle my accounts, no surprises or changes during the program. I was informed quickly when account offers were ready to be settled. Thank you, I am now debt free.

Clayton Long Chillicothe, MO

The people at Debt Rx really worked hard for me and acted like they cared about me, may family and helping us to get out of this situation. I would recommend this company to anyone that needs help settling debt.

Michael MacIntosh Gardner, MA

Everyone that I have dealt with has been very courteous and helpful. I am and have been very pleased to have used your services and have recommended you to a couple of other people that I know. Thank you.

Ted Hill West Richland, WA

This is my first time ever doing this but I would say everything went very well the people in your company that I was dealing with were very understanding, helpful , & patient.

Mary Lusby, MD

The representative I spoke with was very professional and answered all my questions. He made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. I will be glad to go with your company for my financial needs.

Marsha Gaithersburg, MD

Brian was amazing!! He truely is!! He made me feel actually like we were old friends. I was dreading this because of my mounting debt be he answered all my questions so good i feel like an expert now!!

janet mitchell Hilton Head Island, SC

It has been a pleasure working with everyone and knowing a difficult time was made less stressful. This program is one that works and is easy to follow. I appreciate everyone and hope others take this opportunity.

mary fadeley Buffalo, NY

They took an horrible time in my life and relieved all of the stress and embarrassment. True professionals. I can't say enough about the people working there or the program. Thank you

Samantha Anderson Casper, WY

Best experience! Brian was very easy going and made things extremely easy for me! Definitely recommend!

Cheri M. Franks Union, KY

They work hard with creditors to resolve debt. Ginna is and has been outstanding job working hard to resolve my debt. Much appreciated. Great Job!

Teu Fasia Puyallup, WA

Dept RX is a recommended company for dept free. They walk you through in every step. Thank you guys so much for your help. Josh was a good person to contact.

Mark Bryan Kopelov Lake Wales, FL

Very professional,kind, and caring people who truly care about helping you get debt free. A wonderful company DSG is I would recommend them to anyone struggling with debt.

Elizabeth Noel Live Oak, FL

Kyle was wonderful in helping me with solutions to my debt. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and am on my way to being debt free! Thanks!

P M Green Weiser, ID

My bills were becoming more than I could afford and Debt Rx was able to consolidate my credit cards , medical and loans to one easy payment that fits within my budget.

L Godfrey Syracuse, NY

The company works hard for you, they are a great help! Consistent reminders to make sure their customers aren't being harassed by creditors - and swift responses to customer's needs.

Reply from Debt Rx

Great feedback, Lauren! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with our service!

Jun. 28th, 2019

Cheryl Asheville, NC

Absolutely professional and kind representatives. They made me at ease on the first call. Got me out of debt in a timely manner and soonwe than I expected. Thanks y'all!

Renee Mcannaney Coal Township, PA

I would highly recommend DSG for debt relief, the caring and compassionate staff put their clients at ease and treat them like family. I give them 20/10. Exceptional!

bette engel Howard Beach, NY

My experience with DebtRX has been a good one, filled with expertise, compassion, excellent work and answers to my million questions. As a senior citizen, this period has been difficult, but your assistance has been of the highest quality. Thank you for saving my life!

Reply from Debt Rx

Many thanks for the feedback, Bette! We’re pleased to hear you’re satisfied with our service. If there is anything we can do to improve, tell us about it at .

Jun. 11th, 2019

Susie Passanisi Cotati, CA

While working with Brian H, he always made sure to keep me updated.

Maria Woods ,

It was awesome. Tanisha is awesome and very helpful and should get a raise. She was very informative, had lots of patience with my husband and I.