CuraDebt Logo

CuraDebt

6.6

LAST UPDATED: September 9th, 2021

CuraDebt was founded in 1996 in Irvine, California as a debt settlement company. The company offers affordable pricing, low minimum debt qualifications, and plenty of industry experience.

CuraDebt stands out from other debt relief companies because it offers tax relief, debt settlement, and debt management programs. CuraDebt enrolls its debt settlement clients into a credit restoration program after a successful settlement is reached. This enrollment is included with its debt settlement services.

CuraDebt has a $5,000 minimum debt requirement, which makes its services widely available. CuraDebt is a great debt relief company to consider.

The Good

• Debt Relief Services
  • Debt Consolidation
  • Debt Settlement
  • Credit Restoration Program Included
  • Easy to Qualify
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Customer Reviews
  • Case Studies

Debt Relief Services

CuraDebt offers debt settlement, debt consolidation, and tax relief services. This combination of offerings is especially valuable for people with tax debt and unsecured debt. We also appreciate that the company can handle tax debt as well as other types of debt, as many companies either offer a tax debt relief program or an unsecured debt relief program, but CuraDebt offers both.

CuraDebt’s debt settlement services cost an average of 20 percent of the total enrolled debt. While this cost seems high, it is fairly standard for the industry. Fees are regulated by state laws. The cost should also be considered with CuraDebt’s negotiation success.

The free consultation offered by CuraDebt is standard for the industry. We recommend only considering debt relief companies that offer a consultation free of charge, with no upfront fee charged.

The company explicitly states the types of debt it can help with:

• Credit card debt
  • Personal loan debt
  • Medical bills
  • Collections and repossessions
  • Business debt
  • Certain secured debt
  • IRS debt and back taxes

Debt Consolidation

Debt consolidation companies offer debt management programs. In these programs, the client makes one monthly payment to the debt consolidation company. The company then disburses the funds to each creditor.

As part of its debt management programs, CuraDebt also negotiates the balances. Like other debt consolidation services, CuraDebt negotiates interest rates and late fees. This is ideal with those who have a large amount of credit card debt or another type of unsecured debt that they are having trouble paying off. CuraDebt can work on their behalf to negotiate lower interest rates and fees so that the customer can actually start making progress toward paying off his or her debts.

Potential clients should take advantage of the free consultation to learn more about the cost for their financial situation and the value that CuraDebt can offer them.

Debt Settlement

For its debt settlement services, CuraDebt negotiates with creditors to lower the debt amount. During this process, CuraDebt clients stop making payments on their debts. Instead, they put that money into an account to save it for the settlement payment.

If a client’s negotiation process would benefit from legal advice, CuraDebt works with local attorneys. There is no additional fee for this service.

Credit Restoration Program Included

One of the main concerns with debt settlement is that it destroys your credit and lowers your credit score significantly. CuraDebt helps its clients rebuild and restore their credit by enrolling them in a top credit restoration program. This service is offered at no additional cost to the client.

Easy to Qualify

CuraDebt only requires $5,000 or more in unsecured debt to qualify for their services. This requirement is low for the industry, which makes CuraDebt’s services easily accessible. As a reference point, some of CuraDebt's competitors, such as National Debt Relief or Accredited Debt Relief, offer minimum debt requirements of $7,500 and $10,000, respectively.

The company also understands that each situation is unique, and vows that it will not judge you concerning the reason for your debts, however small or large they may be. This can be comforting to know, as debt is often something that people are ashamed of.

Experience and Accreditations

CuraDebt has over 19 years of experience in the industry, and its professionals have over 100 years of combined experience resolving debt-related issues. A lot of this experience comes directly from time spent working at the IRS or another tax collection agency.

It is also accredited by the AFCC and IAPDA. Such accreditations help ensure good business practices and should supplement current CuraDebt customer reviews. As it stands, CuraDebt reviews are highly positive and reveal a long-standing history of quality debt settlement services.

Great Customer Reviews

Customer reviews reveal that CuraDebt treats its customers with fairness and care. Unlike many other debt management companies, customers do not have complaints about the company's inability to lower debt and convince creditors to agree to a settlement.

CuraDebt customer reviews express thanks for service representatives and debt experts by name, demonstrating the sincere gratitude that is felt among its customers. Some customers relate that the CuraDebt often took the time to inform and educate customers beyond what is immediately necessary.

Though CuraDebt has a high amount of industry experience, it demonstrates the type of customer service seen in small businesses. In comparison to other debt management companies, CuraDebt ranks highly for customer satisfaction.

According to CuraDebt reviews, potential customers can have the assurance that CuraDebt's debt settlement program comes with the highest quality of customer service.

Case Studies

CuraDebt's website includes a number of examples of customers who have called the company seeking debt relief. In these examples, potential customers are able to see how CuraDebt can step in to help individual debt situations that have gotten out of hand.

While we realize these stories are a little biased and only show the successes of the company, we still think that overall, CuraDebt providing the stories gives potential clients peace of mind in knowing that other customers have found success in lowering their monthly payment, amount of debt, interest rate(s), etc. by working with CuraDebt.

The Bad

• Not Available in All States
  • Doesn't Help with Certain Types of Debt

Not Available in All States

CuraDebt is only available in 32 states. The company does not operate in Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, North Dakota, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and West Virginia. If you are looking for debt relief service in any of these states, you'll want to find a company that operates in your area.

Doesn't Help with Certain Types of Debt

CuraDebt can help with a lot of different types of debt, but not all. Here are some types of debt you cannot get help from CuraDebt in resolving:

• Lawsuits
  • Utility bills
  • Auto loans
  • Student debt
  • Government loans
  • Mortgage loans or home loans
  • Certain types of secure debt

The Bottom Line

CuraDebt offers many advantages including competitive pricing, accreditations, a money-back guarantee, and 15 years in business.

CuraDebt stands out from other debt relief companies for its inclusion of a credit restoration program. This helps its clients who have gone through debt settlement to rebuild their credit. In this way CuraDebt helps its clients beyond debt settlement.

If customer reviews are taken into account, potential debt relief customers will be impressed by CuraDebt's customer service. CuraDebt reviews also reveal professionalism and an expert staff of debt relief professionals.

Emil Danov Elmhurst, IL

The best in business! Ready to help you out and get you out from the awful debt you’re in. Down to earth people working with understanding and patience!

Kari Miami, FL

CuraDebt is a company that understands their customer’s issue and works with them to find the best possible solution. I am grateful for folks like Sharry Z., that took the time to review my account and follow up with me whenever I had settlement offers. I recommend this program to anyone that is going through difficult financial hardships in their life.

Kiyoshi Akita North Hills, CA

What I like the best about CuraDebt is the Customer Services Personnel. They have always treated me very courteously and professionally. Just recently, Sharry Z. has been informing me of any pending negotiations or questions regarding existing accounts. What I initially disliked about CuraDebt was the hastily written (incomplete} contract, and the lack of a contact counselor when Zac F. took leave. When I was later informed of the various "Options" that I could enter, I was able to reach the correct party. I have since been pleased with CuraDebts handling of my accounts.

Anthony Stewart Los Angeles, CA

I had a great experience with CuraDebt and it’s employees. They were very helpful and knowledgeable about their job and products. I had the opportunity to work with Sharry whom was in charge of my file. She went above and beyond each time I called to take care of whatever issues I had. She should be commended for her great work.

Marcia Hoffman Westminster, MD

Due to Covid-19, my small business is no longer active. I needed to ask for help with my monthly CuraDebt payment. I spoke with Julio M on 9/2/20. I received extraordinarily helpful, supportive assistance. Julio was clearly well-informed about the role of CuraDebt to their clients. His assistance also relieved the stress I was feeling. He was extremely knowledgeable, eager to help, professional, and yet caring about my situation. I cannot stress enough how Julio not only resolved my current problem quickly, but also made me feel cared for and respected. Thank you, Julio, with all my heart!

JW Manassas, VA

I consulted CuraDebt to help reduce some of my debt through their debt relief program and so far, I don't have any complaints AT ALL. I've been working with Zac and he has answered all my questions, has always responded promptly (within the hour), and has been very informational and educational. He discloses everything about the program and how it would affect me in the short and long long, which provides a lot of comfort and trust for me especially when it comes to my finances and working with a debt provider that I can rely on to guide me in doing the right things. I truly appreciate that I have him as my advisor and that I know I can come to him with any questions. I'm definitely in great hands. Speaking to him, learning about the program, and enrolling into it has definitely put a lot of ease on my finances and emotional health and I wouldn't be where I am without his services and expertise.

Monica D Riverside, NJ

CuraDebt was the answer we were seeking when we ran into the 'credit card debt wall' head on. It was a big step we were taking, especially since it was the unknown. I spoke with Mario the first time I called. He was fantastic! He listened, he explained and he advised. He provided me with valuable information and he told me to understand what we were going to commit to if we decided to go with CuraDebt. Mario did not sugarcoat the process of becoming 'debt-free'. He explained that as long as we were committed, the payoff was worth the time and effort. And he did not lie. Less than 4 years later, we successfully completed the program and it feels like we got rid of a 1,000 pound weight off our chest. I never thought this day would come, but with the backing and guidance of CuraDebt, we have crossed the finish line. But we know it's not over yet. Like an addict, we have to steer clear of the temptation of credit cards. As much as I think Mario & CuraDebt is the best thing since sliced bread, I don't want to have to call them for help ever again. He did his job, and he did it well. Thank you, Mario & CuraDebt....we finally have our peace of mind back.

Marlina Lawrence Newark, DE

(Excellent Debt Elimination Initiation Experience with CuraDebt via James): Recently, after executing extensive research, I selected the CuraDebt Organization to assist me with managing my current debt challenge, based on their top 10 rating, BBB (A+ rating), and the indication of a more enhanced customer focus approach. Well, needless to say, I was not disappointed. Specifically, I currently have had the pleasure of being assigned the Debt Specialist in the name of James, and he is EXCELLENT. When I first filled out my application on line, James made immediate contact with me via phone/e-mail. Ironically, we initially kept missing one another (phone tag), but he was most tenacious and pursued his contact efforts towards a successful end result. Additionally, I found that at the very onset of our professional relationship, it was very easy to engage with James regarding the details surrounding the serious issues (health and family related), which led me to my current financial situation. I immediately felt a sense of empathy on his part, together with a keen sense of the economics impacting this matter. Although the enrollment process required a lot of paperwork and the revealing of very personal financial matters, James made the process appear seamless on my end, which was greatly appreciated, given my current health and stress levels. In completing my documentation and submission package to the appropriate legal entity, James was simultaneously thorough, detailed oriented, efficient in approach/style, but yet compliance driven with respect to associated requirements. In conclusion, James truly represents the CuraDebt tenets in an outstanding/professional manner. I consider myself very fortunate to have him as a support system, during my navigation thru the CuraDebt journey over the next four (4) years. ML, Bear, DE (1-8-2016)

Ryan M. Boardman, OR

The decision to choose a debt settlement company was a serious one for me, and I went online to make sure the company I chose was the best for me. My counselor was extremely helpful, non judgmental, and helped me evaluate debt consolidation as well as debt settlement options. I chose debt settlement for the benefits of getting done much sooner and because it would work much better in my budget. I am now about 2/3 of the way done with resolving my debts. In terms of my experience, I found that customer service usually responds within hours or minutes of my receiving my emails, is very professional, knowledgeable, answered my questions quickly, and often provided additional helpful information. I feel a weight off my shoulders and know I'll soon be done. I would recommend CuraDebt in all respects.

Ben Hazur Alexandria, VA

My experience with using Curadebt has been very positive so far. My counselor Vanessa M. has been very helpful and informative every step of the way.

erin stclair Tehachapi, CA

Cura Debt has helped me to move out of a bad situation they are always there to help to answer questions , with anything i am concerned with. They have worked hard to keep me informed on any actions taken

Frank White Albuquerque, NM

Larry and Denise were great. They kept me in the loop during the whole process and took over the conversation with the creditor on my behalf when things became technical. I would highly recommend working with both.

Help! In Debt Nashville, TN

Everyone I have worked with CuraDebt has been professional and courteous. They have kept me informed, and have done business with creditors, with my best interest at hand. I have been dealing with them for almost 4 years and am now seeing some light at the end of the tunnel with my debts. I am most grateful for all of their assistance.

Donna Summa Jacksonville, FL

While our journey was initially stressful, and patiently working with the staff, we are almost debt free of nearly 50k. If you are considering this company I strongly encourage you to do so, stay the course, and know that any person who is assigned to your case is more than qualified to help you!

g sanders San Antonio, TX

The staff is an incredible group of people. They are all help and conscious the the stress that high debt causes. After approximately three years I have been able to fear all my past debt. I can see light at the end of that tunnel. CuraDebts speaks with all your creditors and are quick at starting the process. They deserve praise for their impeccable customer service, leadership and professional manner. Thank you again! G Sanders San Antonio, TX

jennifer Huntertown, IN

Our account manager Julio M. was with us every step of the way and was always available to answer our questions and guide us when things felt rocky. CuraDebt stuck to a plan with us amd followed thru with everything it stands behind. We completed our program sooner and we are debt free. Having the huge stress and burden lifted has allowed us to breathe again and live life happily and smarter.

ACM Palm Harbor, FL

I couldn’t be happier with the service and support that I have received from Deborah. Within the first five minutes of our phone call, she had put me at ease and helped me feel like I’m in good hands. Deborah talked with me for over an hour and professionally and courteously answered all of my questions. She made me feel like everything is going to be ok and helped me breathe easier in regards to my debt. I would highly recommend reaching out to her if you have any debt consolidation questions or needs. Thank you Deborah & Curadebt!

Wallace Bone Granite Bay, CA

Financial debt hanging over your head is a nightmare filled with stress. Cura Debt has helped alleviate much of the nightmare and stress. The best part about the program from my experience is the people specifically Julio M. He is extremely friendly and sincerely caring. I feel he has gone above what is required of a representative. Cura debt is lucky to have him as part of their staff

Laura Corson

Everyone I have encountered at Curadebt has been extremely knowledgeable, quick-acting, and friendly. No matter what my need was or question that I had your team was always at the ready. Those whom I would particularly like to recognize are: Zach F., Juan L., Lina V., Katerine T., Marla C. and Daisy (supervisor). Everyone has been wonderful and helped me to very soon be debt free!!

W. E. Abajian Monrovia, CA

So far I have been very satisfied with the level of expertise and professionalism received from Sr. Counselor: Vince M. and my Customer Service Rep.: Vanessa. They have been very helpful throughout the process and I have appreciated their input, as the overall process is detailed and can be confusing. Both of these professionals have assisted greatly in clarifying the steps. Thank you!

Jose Mario Rodriguez Tampa, FL

After the first minutes talking with James, we knew we where are the right please. James was extremely willing to help us, clarify any kind of doubts or concern regarding the process. More than helpful and patient with our questions. Cura Debt is the leader in client satisfaction because of employees like James a truly asset to the company. His performance and professionalism should be shared with other members of the team and rewarded by management.

Larry Moe Evansville, IN

When I started falling behind on my accounts, I didn't know what my options were. After calling some competitors, I was just frustrated. Once I spoke to Zac at Curadebt I was finally able to feel comfortable and get an honest assessment of my situation, and didn't feel condescended to. I've been enrolled a few months now and I'm already seeing progress. Would definitely recommend.

Thomas H. Sandy, UT

Curadebt has been everything they claimed to be and much more. I never have an issue reaching anyone. They always answer their phones. I always feel they are there to help and want what's best for me. My goals are always at the forefront of how they handle my case and feel they are helping me achieve those. Couldn't ask for anything more from a company.

Gayle S Leonardtown, MD

When I received and listened to the first message from Jim, I knew I would be in good hands! He was warm, friendly and reassuring and spoke so positively about CuraDebt and its ability to help with debt relief. There was no hard sell, no pressure at all. I'm so looking forward to finally being debt free and returning to a healthy financial state!!! Thank you, Jim, for putting my concerns at ease and instilling in me a new confidence for my future!

Mary Scott Oceanside, CA

All of my interactions with CuraDebt have been positive. I got the help and information I needed each step of the way. I recommend them if you are tired of debt collectors pursuing you. Thank you to Juan L., John S., Alyiah H. and Nilton D.

Ron Fort Myers Beach, FL

I have never been through this process and had many questions. My representative Lorine V has been so helpful, when ever I have a questions she gets back to me within 24 hrs. With either a email or phone call. It has been a real pleasure to do work with this company and especially Lorine V. Thank you CuraDebt.

Tyler Port Saint Lucie, FL

I am so happy I called Curadebt! My counselor, jeremy, was extremely understanding and knowledgeable! He made me feel comfortable and clearly explained everything. The support staff is also excellent! I would recommend them to anyone who wants to get out of debt!

Jeanette Richfield Springs, NY

Julio M. is amazing!!!! I lost my job for a couple of months and he really worked with me until i got my finances back on track!! A lifesaver! This company really cares about their clients and it shows! Thankyou again Julio!!

Gina Euperio Los Angeles, CA

James F was very efficient and helpful in regards to my biggest concern, my debts. He is very helpful and walk me through about the documents I am about to signed. I recommend anyone who needs help of their debts to use CuradDebts and highly recommended to talk to James F. His customer service is above and beyond... very courteous gentleman.

Katie McCratic Fayetteville, AR

Vince, 10 You have been extremely helpful. I have been happy with the service you have provided, and I know if I have any questions, that you won't hesitate to answer or find the answer. We appreciate your service!! Thanks, Katie

Ruthie Minard Waterloo, IA

I spoke to Jiim at CuraDebt and was told of a way to help with my debt problem right away. He was very professional and helped me decide to let them help me turn my problem into something I could live with. Thank you Jim and CuraDebt

Crystal Sunnyvale, CA

My experience with CuraDebt was excellent. Everyone I spoke with was very helpful and made me feel comfortable. Yamile was especially wonderful to work with. I feel I'm in a much better place now thanks to all of their assistance.

Kevin Miami, FL

Curadebt is one of the most courteous, thorough, and professional company I have ever dealt with. They do what they say they are going to do. They keep you informed every step of the way. I can't be more appreciative for what they have done for me.

Diane Swyres Festus, MO

I am thrilled with the service Curadebt has provided. It was a real life saver for our family. Our debt will be paid off a year ahead of schedule. Yamille was wonderful to deal with. She explained things I didn't understand so patiently. She was always so supportive, sympathetic, and reassuring. I would recommend her to anyone! Thanks, Yamille!

Robert Faux Nottingham, PA

Katerine T. has done a great job negotiating settlements with our creditors. The settlements so far have been less than the original estimates made by Curadebt. We are not finished yet, hopefully, future settlements will be in the same range. Keep up the good work Katerine.

Big Ed New Paltz, NY

have been very happy with curadebt. I was lost in debt and didn’t know what to do. Curadebt helped me so much. Through them, and with the huge help of Yasmile A .have paid off a lot of it and my stress levels have gone way down. Thank you again for all your do Yasmile

maridory gonzalez Waterbury, CT

Best company! Staff very professional, courteous, and always communicating on time, for every question that I had, they always follow up , with me. 100 percent recommend , and Ms. ALIYAH H. Amazing!

Nancy Karabaic Silver Spring, MD

They have been very helpful in managing my credit card debt. Julio M. has made the whole process much easier for me. He listens and he cares! The Curadebt company is a good one.

Gina Boben Virginia, MN

No one wants to be in debt or file bankruptcy, this company is saving me from both. Vanessa M. has been upfront and honest from day one and am so happy with the quick response's, texts & emails when needed.

Tiffani Szilage St. Petersburg, FL

Sherri Z. has been so efficient and quick to provide positive feedback. I am so delighted that I am making progress with my program. And I am so glad that I made the decision to put my trust in CuraDebt.

Amanda Charlotte, NC

I have had a good experience with giving my accounts to Curadebt. Whenever I had a question, I would get a response within 24hrs. I even got a settlement on one of my accounts due to the creditor being in violation. I would recommend this company to anyone who doesn’t have the time to deal with their debt.

Colin Worcester, MA

Very good customer service. Fees are more reasonable compared to other competitors offering similar services. Very much.like the structure and utilization of the legal service assistance.

Sean Ashburn, VA

Great experience. Thank you the for helping me with my debt. It was great experience dealing with Julio M. who guided me through out the process and created an ease of the anxiety dealing with the debt.

Kayla Waco, TX

My experience with CuraDebt has been amazing so far . They call everyday to check and see how things are going even if I’m going through hard times and can’t make my payment they are willing to help!

Cynthia Lassig McKee

J.F. is fantastic! He is thorough, efficient and knowledgeable...I highly recommend CuraDebt as an effective way of managing financial hurdles. I wanted to avoid bankruptcy, J.F. and CuraDebt is making that possible for me ~ Thank You!

Patricia Mercer Columbus, OH

My experience with Curadebt has been excellent! My Representative was professional and very helpful! He knew how to handle things so well it made the process easy! I highly recommend this service!

Senica Evans Matteson, IL

I've had nothing but a great experience partnering with CuraDebt to help resolve tax burdens for people. The team is responsive and is always there to make sure clients are taken care of in the greatest way.

Leo Bronx, NY

I was assisted by Jim and he went over the process of paying my debt in different scenarios and how my debt was going to be paid. He provided great service and followed up thoroughly. i would recommend him to anyone having debt issues and he also is very knowledgeable. I experienced great customer service with jim.

GLORA STRAUB East Orange, NJ

I HAVE JUST STARTED WITH CURABEBT AND AM SO IMPRESSED WITH JAMES FREEMAN. HE MADE ME SO COMFORTABLE AND ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS. I FEEL AS IF A LARGE WEIGHT WAS LIFTED OFF MY SHOULDERS. THANK YOU JAMES

debra Plymouth, IN

Ive been searching and searching for help there was always some stipulation on why no one could help me with my debt problems but curadebt did.... My consultant was awesome and explained and covered all my questions