Consumers Alliance Processing Corporation (CAPC) is a debt relief solution provider for all income levels and backgrounds. The company's counselors negotiate lower interest rates with creditors in an attempt to save customers money. Consumers Alliance offers a wide variety of different debt relief options, ensuring that customers can find a debt solution that fits their unique financial circumstances.

Founded in 2004 by JoAnn Niffenegger, CAPC is led by those who have personally benefited from debt relief services and seek to help others find the same relief.

#1 Freedom Debt Relief chevron_right
#2 Consolidated Credit chevron_right
#3 Pacific Debt Inc. chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Free Debt Relief Resources
  • Debt Services
  • Client Account
  • Low Minimum Debt Requirement

Free Debt Relief Resources

Though the company’s more in-depth debt management and debt consolidation services do cost money, Consumers Alliance Processing Corporation does offer a few free services.

Free debt services and resources at CAPC include:

• Credit counseling
  • Free debt analysis
  • Financial education
  • Budget worksheets
  • Finance calculator

Debt relief companies like Consumers Alliance are much more focused on ensuring the customer’s future financial strength without sacrificing their credit score. This type of careful financial planning requires responsible budgeting from the customers, so CAPC invests a lot in financial education services and free resources to help customers learn and grow more financially independent and make smart financial decisions.

Debt Services

Consumers Alliance Processing Corporation offers debt management, credit counseling, and debt consolidation services. These services are more hands-on and less aggressive than debt settlement. However, these approaches include benefits like lower risks and reducing negative effects on your credit score. If you choose consolidation or debt management, your debts will not be marked as settled when you pay them off unlike with debt settlement.

Customers who approach Consumers Alliance for debt management will begin by either filling out a form online or calling in to speak with a debt expert. Through the form or call, customers will give information regarding their creditors, the balance owed, your current interest rates, and the minimum monthly payment due.

Debt counseling and credit counseling at Consumers Alliance are completely free. Customers can speak with certified credit counselors to get advice on their path to financial freedom and, if desired, get advice on which debt relief strategy will work best.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Sheryl R. Riles

"I have been a customer for at least 4 years and have never been more pleased with anyone’s service. I’m so thankful for their assistance in overcoming my debt. It is such a welcomed relief to be free of these debts. I will be a customer again if needed and accepted."

Client Account

Current clients of Consumers Alliance have a personal account on the company’s website. If the customer has any questions about the progress or status of their debt relief plan, he or she can log in and send a message directly to staff members.

Ease of communication is very important with a debt relief company, given the difficult financial situations that customers are trying to escape.

Those who have not yet hired Consumers Alliance have specified calling hours, which are Monday - Friday (7 am - 5 pm PST) or Sunday (9 am - 4 pm PST).

Low Minimum Debt Requirement

At $3,000, Consumers Alliance has one of the lowest minimum debt requirements in the industry. The average is around $7,500, so customers that can't work with other debt relief companies will find that Consumers Alliance is willing to help them.

Also, Consumers Alliance is available in 39 states. Customers from the following states are able to receive debt relief services from Consumers Alliance: Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

The Bad

Lack of Information

Though the company does disclose its minimum debt requirement on its site, Consumers Alliance does not display its prices. Debt relief companies hardly ever post their prices online, mostly because it is so difficult to estimate an average price. The cost at Consumers Alliance will vary according to the customer’s individual financial situation.

However, it is not unrealistic for companies to post price ranges and estimates for each service for customers to view beforehand. Additionally, Consumers Alliance doesn’t disclose any setup fee or interest rates for debt consolidation.

The Bottom Line

Consumers Alliance offers free debt counseling, great financial education resources, and operates in 39 states. Compared to other companies in the debt relief industry, Consumers Alliance does seem to care about the customer a great deal. Clients dealing with credit card debt, overdue medical bills, and more can find support from Consumers Alliance. We recommend that customers consider choosing Consumers Alliance. However, those interested in Consumers Alliance's services should contact the company directly to learn more about the cost of services.

View Best Debt Relief Companies

Jason

December 3rd, 2019 Layton, UT

It was good fast helpful and easy plus convenient

Tracy Townsend

September 3rd, 2019 Chester, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Consumer Alliance Processing center is one of the best companies I have ever done business with, the staff us extremely helpful and courteous. They dont make you feel bad about having to ask for help managing my debt. Thank you Consumer Alliance. Tracy T.

Rhodora

August 29th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Consumer Alliance is a good company it’s my second time to enroll and they are helpful of what you need the associates are very nice and kind for me Consumer Alliance is the best.

Carol Royes

August 27th, 2019 Linden, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I received excellent customer service assistance from the representative Vanessa. Very courteous, and I got all my questions and concerns answered. I received a great deal of information about the programe and was given the best option based on my circumstances. I am now in a better position paying my monthly bills each month, with this program I can now pay without the worry of making the high payments. I definitely will recommend my friends and family to this debt relief program.

Kevin J Garcia

July 24th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are always so helpful... always recommending them to people.

Michele S

July 10th, 2019 Collegeville, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is our second time working with CAPC to pay down our credit cards. We were very happy with the successful pay down program last time. We worked on two of our accounts then, and we never had a problem. This time we are consolidating four of our cards and this should pay off all of the major credit cards that we have. I found customer service to be knowledgable. The communication was excellent. And finally, the rates they negotiated were incredibly lower than our consumer rates, making the savings unbelievable! We hope these final cards get paid off and we will never have debt like this again! Thank you CAPC!

Sarah

July 9th, 2019 Mount Carmel, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My rep, Lester, was very helpful and explained every step to me. He was very knowledgeable.

Andreas Fotopulos

June 19th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company paid my debt late more than one time. They seemingly have challenges getting the payments to my creditors in a timely manner. They cannot do any rush payments when they miss their own deadlines and their people seem helpful but cannot seem to help out either. If you are searching for a debt management company, keep shopping as this company needs to go away since they are not reliable.

Susan G Maxoudian

June 13th, 2019 Chatsworth, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone at consumer alliance was very helpful and I've used the company twice. Both times were always great experiences. Will highly recommend.

Cathy Howey

June 12th, 2019 Beaver Dam, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had over 15,000 credit card debt and because of consumer credit was able to pay it off in 5 yrs. They were very easy to work with.

Brenda Gonzalez

May 23rd, 2019 Stratford, CT

Consumers alliance is awesome. They help me paid off 3 accounts with no problem.

Heidi Reischuck

January 7th, 2019 Avon, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional, clear, best plan I could find for a difficult personal financial situation

Sheryl R Riles

December 19th, 2018 Ridgeland, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Donna Mcelroy

December 7th, 2018 Palatka, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Consumer Alliance was very effective and very responsive. I would recommend them .

Keith Blackmon

December 7th, 2018 Beaumont, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My Experience with consumer alliance has been absolutely amazing! The customer service there in my book has went above and beyond. They made me feel like I was in control of my debt again and gave me the confidence I needed in a hard time. They made me feel great and they took the time to listen to me speak. This is not the first time I’ve used them and when I feel like I’m in doubt they always seem to have the right attitude in making me feel better. They quickly come up with a solution with me. I would and have recommended this company to several of my family members and friends! Thank you Consumer Alliance for being here for me once again!

Patricia Ybarra

December 7th, 2018 Victorville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used this service in the past as have many of my friends and relatives. This is an excellent way to get set for relieving debt. The members are courteous and very business savvy. The paperwork is handled quickly and easily. Billing is automatically processed and very convenient. I recommend this service to future customers.

AC Davis

November 30th, 2018 Kent, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On several occasions I have tried to get answers as to why my monthly report doesn't change?! Fir the last 7 months my balance has remained the same and when I've asked to speak to someone directly, no one calls me. Eva G has yet to give me any answer. It's ridiculous that nothing has changed on my account and that my account to my records should be ending in 8 months. Yet my accounts says 13 months owed still. No one from the company will give me answers!!

Consumers Alliance Logo

Reply from Consumers Alliance

Dec 04, 2018

Our customer service department reached out to Ms. Davis and addressed her concern. She understands what occurred and is happy with our service.

KDHT

November 8th, 2018 Easley, SC

My husband copied the phone number from an ad on the radio. I figured "what the heck", even though I expected it to be a scam. It was not! The rep I was given, Albert R, was SO professional and SO nice. The process was very easy and you are not pressured to do anything you don't want to do. It took a total of about 30 minutes to get it all done. My husband ended up using them, too, and since I was already a client, it only took about 15 with him. I am very pleased, so far. At present, I am saving around $275/month in payments and will be debt free in 4 years. So worth it!

Anna

October 15th, 2018 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Consumer’s Alliance is my first choice for debt relief. I’ve tried a few programs over the last several years, to help me manage 30k in credit card debt and medical collections. I ended up cancelling the two previous programs that I had enrolled in because my debt wasn’t getting paid down and it was a nightmare to work with customer service. I was very unsure about enrolling in yet another program, but I needed the help. My experience with Consumers’s Alliance, so far, has been a breath of fresh air. It gives me a lot of confidence when I speak to their debt specialists on the phone and they seem to know what they are talking about. I appreciate a friendly voice when I’m working through something so difficult. I’m grateful that there actually is a program out there that gives people who need help like I do a real chance at debt relief.

Barry

October 12th, 2018 Vista, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Cosumer Alliance Processing Corporation was very professional. Every representative I spoke to was very knowledgeable and the program I enrolled to was explained with everything I needed to know or be aware about. I recommend everyone who is trying to become debt free and have a smooth process to go though CAPC. You will not regret it.

Kathy M

October 10th, 2018 Washington, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm so grateful for the service that Consumer's Alliance has provided me!! It started about a year ago, when I first contacted the debt specialist desk for help with 12k in credit card debt that I had been struggling to pay down for the last four years. I had a million questions about their programs, as the whole concept of "paying back a fraction of what you owe" was very concerning for me. I've heard scary stories from friends about what can happen when you enroll in the wrong programs. The debt specialist that worked with me was very informative and patient as I considered the options that she provided. It's been just over a year and I continue to successfully make payments. I've watched my debt go down steadily.... and what a rewarding feeling its been!! According to my monthly statements (which I find very helpful and informative), I will be FREE of debt in another 9 months! For that - Consumer's Alliance gets a five star review from me!

Kenneth

October 10th, 2018 Oceanside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would have to say first and foremost before even contacting this company I was very hesitant due to the fact I was in denial that I owed a lot of credit card debt. Also, hearing about programs like this ruin your credit. After taking the time and working with a counselor she made me feel very comfortable and provided me all the information I was nervous about at first. I have been with the company over 1 year and are already seeing great results! Since then I have referred family members and friends I see who are caught in the viscous cycle of debt. I have to give my highest praise to this company and how they were able to help me! Thank you again.

Scott Hemp

October 4th, 2018 Ladera Ranch, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I talked to Francisco at CAPC. He was very knowledgeable and explained all of my debt resolution options. After reviewing all the options my wife and i decided to enroll in their debt management plan. This plan will save us over $14,000 in interest and will get us out of debt 6 years quicker than just paying the minimum payments on our credit cards. We didn't even know this kind of plan existed.

Madison

October 1st, 2018 San Clemente, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Credit card debt has been hanging over my head for years - and I couldn't take the burden on my own anymore. A weight was lifted from my shoulders after making the phone call for a free consultation. The thing I appreciated most about the debt specialist I've been working with, is her continued patience and willingness to explain! I was able to ask all the questions that I needed in order to understand the programs, what my options were, and how CAPC could help me to pay off my debt (and begin building credit again). I'm several months into the program and everything is going smoothly. In less than two years, my debt will be behind me. CAPC has been a great resource - and a helpful company to help me achieve my goal of becoming debt free (and smart about my money)!!

Elizabeth Horvat

September 26th, 2018 Germantown, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The support staff are sympathetic and kind as they work to help me out of a difficult situation. Everything is fully explained as I work to solve my debt issues. I feel like I’m talking with family when I speak to the customer representatives and they all really care about my welfare.

Melissa

August 6th, 2018 Yorkville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy and smooth process. Vince was very helpful and listened to my concerns.

Gary Zeld

August 6th, 2018 Chicago Heights, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Articulated terms very well Answered all questions Polite

Kelly bullard

July 30th, 2018 Parkton, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very good experience..very knowledgeable and nice.