- Checking accounts
- Savings accounts
As the largest credit union on Long Island and one of the largest in the nation, Bethpage Federal Credit Union offers a spectrum of services from traditional savings and checking accounts, to mortgage loans and financial management.
Their checking accounts are quick and easy to open and have an incredible option to earn great dividend rates. They offer one simple account for everyone with no hidden charges. Bethpage Bonus Checking features:
- No monthly fees.
- No minimum balance requirement.
- Earn 1.00% APY. Simply use direct deposit, FREE online banking with eStatements and make 10 point-of-sale transactions with your debit card each month.
- Receive a free debit card as soon as you open the account.
- No fees on foreign ATMs
- No fees for debit card usage.
- Free Online Banking.
- Free Mobile Banking and access to free apps for android and apple users.
- Free Online Bill Pay.
- Free Mobile Check Deposit.
Savings Accounts offered through Bethpage Federal Credit Union are best for those interested in starting a standard account with Bethpage. You get the following when you open a savings account:
- Minimum balance requirement of $5.
- ATM card available.
- Deposits can be made electronically through Direct Deposit, payroll deduction or automatic transfers from other accounts.
- Access to account through Online or Telephone Banking.
- CD’s At Bethpage are best for people who have large balances in a liquid account or are looking for higher dividends. Their CD’s have competitive rates with only a small amount required for obtaining a certificate.
Fixed rates for terms up to 60 months. They also offer a 36-Month Bump Up Certificate. When rates change, you have the ability to increase your rate once during the term of your certificate. There is a minimum deposit of $50.00 required to open and a seven-day grace period after maturity.
Bethpage offers 3 credit card types for their customers to choose from: Low-interest rate, Rewards – Cash back, Rewards – Points
- Average interest rates
- Locations and ATM
Average Interest Rates
Bethpage Federal Credit Union is definitely not a credit union you will run to for any of their interest rates. All of their rates fall in line with the industry standard. This includes their checking account, savings account, and personal/unsecured loans. If you’re looking for a credit union that will offer good rates in any area, Bethpage Federal shouldn’t be your first option.
Locations and ATM
We found that Bethpage Federal Credit Union has 33 locations. Even though this isn’t an astonishingly low number, it sure isn’t as many as we would like to see in comparison to other top credit unions. Another disadvantage is that customers will have access to only 500 ATMs. Even though this may seem like a lot, we find that others will offer tens of thousands of ATM locations customers can access.