Living or working in the Chicago area will automatically qualify you to join Alliant Credit Union but if you don't live or work in Chicago you can qualify by making a $5 deposit into a savings account and contributing $10 to Foster Care to Success.

The Good

Alliant Credit Union is an established, 80-year-strong company, with headquarters located in Chicago. With just 13 locations nationwide, members have a few specific ways to become members. There are some specific companies, organizations and associations that allow new accounts within the credit union.

Additionally, any blood relative or domestic partner of an Alliant member can join Alliant. Once you have become a member, plan on it being for life. Alliant has the motto, “Once a member, always a member.”

Though there are few bank locations, there are many more ATMS spread throughout the country. More than 80,000 fee-free ATMS to be exact.

If cash is drawn from a machine that isn’t fee-free, Alliant will reimburse ATMS fees each month, up to $20.oo.

Another great plus is their very competitive interest rates. Those members seeking a car loan should plan on rates as low as 1.99% for new vehicles, and 2.24% for used autos.

The Bad

Not much to report. A list of companies, organizations and associations through their website would have been a nice touch. Instead, potential clients are prompted to supply their company’s name to see if they are eligible to apply.

The Bottom Line

There are many positives that outweigh a negative or two, and that is why Alliant is a great choice for a credit union membership. ‘Once a member, always a member’ is a great philosophy with peace of mind. Fee-free ATMS throughout the nation, and ATM fee reimbursement are two more great reasons. Toss in the low interest rates on loans, and the choice become crystal clear. When searching for a credit union, start and end your search with Alliant.

X close
X close

2 Alliant Credit Union Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

November 17th, 2016

I have great credit and was denied. They require you to make a donation to a charity, then deny your application. Not cool.

2. User Score

September 20th, 2016 Raleigh, NC

I understood to the best of my ability. I usually understand better in person about business situations.. I will say the representative that was suppose to come out the next day didn’t show up or call me and I was told because it was our refrigerator /Freezer it was considered an emergency so they (SEARS) would be out here our home the very next morning to check it out and see about getting it fixed. Noone showed or called.We lost everything in the refrigerator /freezer. They had us scheduled to for Saturday 9-20–2016. 3 days later than originally promised.Needless to say we called another company to come out and they fixed the problem.