MyScore.com

3.8

MyScore.com works to help consumers gain a clear understanding of their credit, manage it more effectively, and protect it against the escalating threat of credit fraud and identity theft. The company educates its members about today's complex credit industry and empowers them to make smarter financial decisions.

#1 Credit Karma Logo Credit Karma ›

7.4

Overall
Score

#2 WalletHub Logo WalletHub ›

6.4

Overall
Score

#3 myFICO Logo myFICO ›

5.0

Overall
Score

#7 MyScore.com Logo MyScore.com

3.8

Overall
Score

The Good

• Free trial
  • Triple-bureau reporting
  • Daily refresh rate
  • Identity theft protection

Free Trial

MyScore.com offers consumers a free seven-day trial of its services. During the trial period, members can take advantage of triple-bureau credit reports, email alerts, a credit fraud consultation, and the MyRewards program.

Triple-Bureau Reporting

MyScore.com provides credit scores and reports from all three major bureaus-Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. Because of this, customers can get a comprehensive look at their credit score.

Daily Refresh Rate

MyScore.com refreshes credit scores and reports on a daily basis, so customers can get an accurate look at their credit in real time.

Identity Theft Protection

MyScore.com offers identity theft protection services, including 24/7 credit monitoring, to protect its customers from fraud.

The Bad

• Undisclosed scoring model
  • Price
  • Information sharing

Undisclosed Scoring Model

It is unclear which scoring model MyScore.com uses to report its customers' credit scores. Most lenders use the FICO model to determine a borrower's creditworthiness, but some credit monitoring companies only report VantageScores, meaning that the score the customer thinks they have is different than the score that lenders are looking at. The lack of transparency in this area can be frustrating for potential customers who would like to be sure that they'll receive a FICO score rather than a VantageScore.

Price

After the trial period, MyScore.com charges $29.95 per month for its services, which is relatively expensive when compared to price charged by several other top credit monitoring companies.

Information Sharing

According to MyScore.com's privacy policy, the company reserves the right to sell and trade its users' personal information. In addition, there is no way to opt out of this.

The Bottom Line

MyScore.com offers a free trial, triple-bureau credit reporting, daily refreshes, and identity theft protection services. However, the company has not disclosed which scoring model it uses and its price is relatively expensive. Additionally, the company may share personal information with third parties.

July 8th, 2017

They took money from my account after I cancelled.

June 3rd, 2017

Absolutely ridiculous! I cancelled during trial period and was still charged. I've been trying to reach them for two days and cant get a hold of anyone!

April 23rd, 2017

didn't say that I would be charges after the trial period. I cannot contact customer service to cancel the account and billing. any time I call during "normal business hours" they claim they are unavailable.

April 2nd, 2017 Springville, UT

This business operates a website "clickmyscore.com". I signed up for a 7-day trial and cancelled after 5 days. The company charged my credit card the membership fee before the trial ended. I called the company and asked them to issue a refund. The agent said he would do that but also wanted me to stay on as a member for no charge. I indicated that unless they issued the refund, I wanted nothing to do with the company. He said he would process the refund. The refund never came. Then they charged me again about 60 days later. I called and said that I had cancelled my membership; then I asked why I was charged again. They said that the representative didn't cancel the membership. They proceeded to cancel the membership and then transferred me to the "refund" department. They said they would issue a refund for both months and it would take 3-5 business days. On the 5th day, the refund still wasn't issued. They said to call back tomorrow. I called on the 6th day. The agent said that the refund hadn't been "approved", but she would submit it for approval and I should check back in 3-5 days again. While I was complaining about how ridiculous a request that was, my request somehow magically got approved and she said that the refund was processed. Now two days later, I have not received my refund. Avoid this business. They are dishonest.

March 17th, 2017 Portales, NM

This company is the worst company for customer service I have been waiting for a month and a half for refund of the initial month charge from cancelling the membership. I have never had to fight as hard as I have with this company I will never visit this sight and I will not be recommending it to any one in fact I am very close to filing a lawsuit with the company if I do not receive my money soon or get to talk to a manager.

March 12th, 2017 Herndon, VA

I never signed up, so I called the first day I got an e-mail from them, got a cancellation #, and was assured nothing would be charged on my credit card. Yet 5 weeks later, I noticed $1 and $4.95 were charged, so I called AGAIN. The person I spoke to said she saw that I'd canceled, yet they didn't want to give me a refund until I quoted my cancellation #. I had to call just now to get assurance I would get the $4.95 back because I only got an e-mail saying I'd get the $1.00 back! WHAT A TOTAL SCAM OF A COMPANY!

March 10th, 2017 New Port Richey, FL

This company would not accept my cancellation and kept charging me. I had to call every day for a week before I could get my cancellation. It took 3 weeks to receive my $39.90 back. Avoid this company like the plague. Reps are rude, argumentative, and lie.

February 2nd, 2017 Missoula, MT

I discovered that they had been charging me monthly for this. I never signed up for it and I have no idea how they got my information. I called them to cancel and get a refund and the guy put me on hold for 20 minutes and then hung up. I called back and the woman agreed to cancel then transfered me to a refund guy. He tried to tell me that it's not fraudulent and I argued with him until he agreed to pay up. However he would only give me a fraction of what he owes me. They told me they would send me an email with a cancelation confirmation number. That email never came. They still billed me and I never received and refund. I had to get a new card number just to get away from the charges.

January 14th, 2017

I cancelled my service a year ago. Out of the blue they start charging me again. Customer service wont speak to me. Avoid at all cost. Had to cancel card to stop charges.

January 6th, 2017

Cancelled 2 days into free trial with Clickmyscore.com. They charged me anyway after 7 days. Talked to multiple people promising a refund. NO REFUND and they charged me again the following month. When I called on that charged, all of a sudden they all had trouble hearing me and kept hanging up on me. Finally got my bank involved to clear the matter. Zero out of five stars. DO NOT RECOMMEND

January 5th, 2017

Absolutely abysmal. I called 3 times to try to cancel. The first time they said they couldn't locate my account by my phone number then disconnected. All the accounts are listed by email address. When you try to sign up for a NEW account they indicate that you have an existing account and to login there. When I attempt to login and change my password it says my email is not valid. If it's valid enough to tell me I can't sign up for a new account then it should be valid to change the password. I finally get a hold of someone to cancel and they want to continue to lower the price to cancel. The other problem is that Myscore is the one taking the payment but allegedly your account and services are under escore.com. They are incredibly shady to deal with. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY.

December 29th, 2016 Cleveland, OH

Worst company I've ever tried to deal with. When I called the number I found on here, there was no one I could understand and I was told I couldn't have refund. So I came here and saw someone post this phone number (1-855-421-9615) and said to call them and they'll refund you. I called and a woman who I could actually understand looked up my information and gave me my refund. It went back into my account today. I went ahead and called my bank and made them block the company from trying to charge me again. This was the most ridiculous experience I've ever had. DO NOT USE THEM.

December 27th, 2016 Cleveland, OH

I supposedly cancelled my account back in September and then surprise, I get a charge for something called "Golden Score" which is connected to Click My Score even though I cancelled back in September. When I called in, the lady said there were no notes about my cancellation. Then she tried to convince me to not cancel for a good ten minutes. Every time I said "No thank you, I'd still like to cancel." She'd say "Okay, well here's another offer I can give you if you stay." FINALLY CANCELLED. But I made sure to call my bank so that they would not be able to charge me again even though my account is supposedly cancelled. Yeah, okay, we'll see.

December 17th, 2016

Cancelled the service 3 months ago but they are still charging my card, I don't know what to do with them anymore.

December 12th, 2016

I just got off the phone with this company for the second time today and got the same run around as other people have gotten!! Couldn't understand their accent, they couldn't find my name (even though they had charged my account $1.00 trial fee) etc.. couldn't cancel my account and asked me to call back. I was within the 7 days, and since I used my discover card I called them and they immediately changed my account # and are issuing a new card. The girl stated by changing my account # and not just blocking My Score.com charges...they couldn't use a different name to get around my block. She was very helpful!! BAD COMPANY !

December 9th, 2016 San Antonio, TX

THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD AND THEN WHEN I WENT IN TO FIND OUT THE NAME OF THE BUSINESS NO ONE WANTED TO GIVE ME THE ACTUAL COMPANY NAME. THE CUSTOMER REP KEPT PASSING ME FROM ONE ANOTHER AN THEN 1 WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR 49 MINUTES NOT ACTUALLY HOLD JUST THE REP MUTED THE LINE. SO I USED ANOTHER PHONE TO CALL BACK. THE INFO THEY HAD ON MY SO CALLED ACCOUNT WAS NOT MY INFO. ALL I WANTED WAS TO HAVE THE MONEY REPLACED ON MY ACCOUNT THAT THEY WITHDREW WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION AND IT WAS EASIER GIVING BIRTH. THE CC REP WAS SMIRKING AND LAUGHING WHEN I TOLD HER WHAT SHE WAS DOING. IN MY OPINION THE COMPANY IS A SCRAM A FRAUD AND THEY USE THIS AS A FRONT TO GET YOUR MONEY AND NEVER DELIVER ANY SERVICES. WATCH YOUR ACCOUNTS IF THIS COMPANY HAS ACCESS TO THEM. $30 A MONTH ADDS UP WITH OVER 200,000 PEOPLE OR MORE.

December 2nd, 2016

One of the customer service representatives that was "helping to insure my refund" would be processed since I canceled my subscription within the 7 day free trial, actually stole my debit card information and used it fraudulently

November 1st, 2016 Greenlawn, NY

I found what I think is the manager refund line. It is 855-421-9615. I just called it and got a refund, no one bugged me about it. That is really the best number to call I think. When I called they did not as why or anything, and the refund was back in my account t5he next day, which I think we really fast

October 26th, 2016

I used to work with the company Nexus Op. Now when you are trying to cancel your membership they will give you a bogus email and confirmation number as if you have been canceled. Truth of the matter customers money are still being stolen and we as the 'customer service rep' were coached to tell you that you were canceled. Once a customer calls in about charges or a refund we were then prompted to read a script stating you will receive your refund with in 5-7 business days. You will never see your money every thing is scripted. Once I realized that we the customer service reps were getting paid by my score drafting money over and over from customers bank accounts I quit. I have also contacted the BBB. Now how ever when contacting do not use the number on BBB that nexus op posted its like you will be calling one of their agents or so called managers. Advise cancel your bank cards immediately. This company will continue to draft from your bank account until they can't any more. I have had people call and say well I have canceled way back in 2015 and I am still being charged. Cancel your account.

October 25th, 2016

It's the worst. They are use a s a third party to MIS keep charge your account with a cancellation notice. Will never use them and will not refer them. They charge me for three months after a cancelled the service and will not provide you with a refund, they also clam they can't do anything about the charges cause it's no one handle their billing department. Ten thumbs down. They suck.

October 23rd, 2016 Georgetown, TX

Just wanna point out they tried offering me 6 different offers, all the same package just lowed a few dollars when I said "I just want to cancel my membership." DO NOT USE THEM

October 12th, 2016

I had a very hard time canceling. They don't return emails. I couldn't even pull up my report.When I finally did get to cancel I was told I would get a refund in 3-5 days. Over month later and no full refund that was granted to me. Instead I was told it was "under review" . That was never told to me in the beginning. Bad company full of liars

October 5th, 2016 Fort Worth, TX

These folks are liars, crooks and if they dont refund my money I will report them to the Attorney General.

September 28th, 2016 Pasadena, CA

I just experienced each of the negative items referenced and can tell you that the terrible VOIP phone lines and the call center folks define terrible service for a terrible service. Beware!

September 19th, 2016 Bell, CA

My score took money from my account without me authorizing it I've talked to several of their customer service and supervisors and have not been given a refund back it has been almost 30 days my score in fake fake and fake and I will be contacting Thebetter Bureau office i cancel the account on 8/31 when they took $39.90 out of my account I have not been refunded

September 15th, 2016 Wilmington, DE

I canceled my trial and the very next month my score.com illegally took money from my account and it's been 3 weeks and I still haven't received my refund yet... I call day after day and no one can get thee answer to when i will get my money back.. I will never deal with these people again and my financial institution is about to report the charges on my account as fraud since my trial was canceled at my discretion a month ahead of time... This company is disgusting and unprofessional as hell

September 13th, 2016 Baltimore, MD

Account was cancelled. 6 months later they billed my credit card again and refused to refund money even though they stated we see you cancelled your account months ag. Scam artisits.

September 7th, 2016 Austin, TX

Wish I had read this review. I am a business professional, and I know the games organizations can play to manipulate customers... I think I just experienced them all trying to cancel... It took me 73 minutes of my work day to cancel... 2 hang ups "accidentally of course" 7 times repeating my basic information... 3 times transferred to the wrong place... More than shady practices, institutionalized lack of ethics!!!

August 30th, 2016

I live in Canada and noticed a charge of $1.05 on my Mastercard in the beginning of August 2016 with another huge charge from some online clothing company. I called Mastercard and cancelled my card and reported fraud. They reversed the charges. Then I see another charge for $29.95 from the same company SVCRT.COM. I called and they said I signed up for credit monitoring from myscore.com. I told them I did not and reverse the charges. They said some lady in Ohio USA used my credit card to sign up for credit monitoring which I find ironic as this lady has my credit card info. I told them to cancel and reverse the charges. They transferred me around to 3 different agents. None of them sound professional or work in a professional environment. Maybe they are working from home? Dogs were barking in the background. I don't know if this is a legitimate company. Who knows if they will actually reverse the charges? I don't know why people are so stupid to go through a third party for credit monitoring and scores when they can go directly to Equifax or the source. Stay away from myscore.com. Shady company.

August 21st, 2016 Mountain Home, AR

I have tried numerous times to cancel my account due to the fact that I no longer need their services & they say they can't find my account in no way shape or form. I said it's so strange that y'all can't find my account to cancel it but you can find it to charge it not only once a month but twice. I am very upset with My Score.

August 20th, 2016 Charlotte, NC

I wish I would have read the reviews before I did the trial terrible just terrible now I'm out of49 dollars keep getting hung up on finally got it cancelled but might have to cancel my card very disappointed

August 3rd, 2016 Des Moines, IA

I thought I was signing up to look at foreclosure homes and instead MyScore charged my credit card $29.95 for something I didn't need. I have called and canceled (which they did) but would not credit my account with the $29.95. I have called them 5 times but with no luck.

August 1st, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

There is a way to cancel: threaten... well really do and then tell them that you have initiated fraud proceedings with your bank/credit card company against them and that said bank/company have been instructed to put stop payment orders on every charge made by them. That's how I got out (and it might have been the only way...), at least.

July 23rd, 2016 Palm Bay, FL

My bank account was charged by this outfit called and cancelled but taking no chances the deduction was pending signed paperwork at bank got my money back but at same time cancelled the card and received a new one did a lot of research on this company and they are well hidden looks like scammers

July 23rd, 2016 Greensboro, NC

There is no way to cancel service and no one answers customer service number

July 17th, 2016 Tracy, CA

They refused to issue me a refund when I called and cancelled the enrollment on the same day They gave a sketchy reason just telling me I wasn't eligible for one but no further explanation. The person I spoke too didn't even work for the company. I contacted my bank and disputed the charge. it's not the dollar charge but the fact they represented themselves fraudulently.

July 12th, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

I spent 3 hours in total of my time with Representative who keeps telling me one thing to another, spoke with 4 different Reps and none of them knew what they were doing. I got frustrated and asked them to cancel my account and refund my money lady said ok i can cancel your account but refund has to be done with the escalation dept transferred me there and the lady who answered the call said i'm the 6th person they've sent to her and there's nothing she can do for a refund, frustrated even more since wasted 3 hours with this BS crap, I'd rather lose 2$ from them double charging my account with the $1trial period (and they told me my payment returned when my balance is well over $1 lol) I'd rather lose that 2$ than losing my Sanity over these people. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE.

June 29th, 2016 Atlanta, GA

This company is certainly a scam. My card was charged 29.95 for over a year. Sometimes multiple charges in one month. Lesson to self, to check my credit card statements each month carefully. Anyway, after several calls to the company and being disconnected three times, they agreed to refund $80. Ha! What a joke. And that has yet to be seen. The icing on the cake is that after several attempts to try to get my money back, I received a call from a PRIVATE NUMBER. On the other end was a sweet lady who works for a third party customer service company who takes calls on behalf of this company, told me that she takes hundreds of calls a day from customers who have been victimized by these people. She advised to me report GOLD MY SCORE to the federal trade commission. I intend to do just that. She stated that if enough people report them, it is likely that they will shut them down. Fine by me, after all, they stole at least $700 from me.

June 26th, 2016 Phoenix, AZ

This is a shame. Myscore took my money but never did link me to my credit score. They use the same words, " I will push your refund through ". But you will never see a dime. I have called days and hours on end with no avail. They are a fraud. I am using every Internet connection to let people know how they take your money and never deliver a product. Fraud ,,thieves . DON'T use them.

June 23rd, 2016 Fruitland Park, FL

I cancelled my membership and received an email stating it was cancelled on 6/17/2016. Then on 6/23/2016 they held our $29.95 out of my checking account. I then called them on 6/23/2016. I was told several different stories by seven different agents. I was told they email me confirmation that the refund was being sent back. I never received the emails as was told ten minutes. I was told by agents my money would be credited back right away. I was also told it take three to five days. I was told that they even had another credit card on my file and it was credited my refund. Seems kind of funny as they had my information to charge my account. I was told they had an email on file that was not even my email address. Then I was told that the email address was wrong. They are supposed to protect from fraud but doing it themselves. Everyone tells you a different story. I also have bank fees as it put me in the red as I thought it was cancelled on 6/16/2016. Also was told the name was wrong but sure got the $1 plus the $29.84 from my account. I was pushed to sign up for a loan to sign up with them.Beware and stay away as most of them cannot even hardly speak English. Then they argue with you and lie to you.