Ting Wireless is taking a different approach to the wireless business model. They offer a pay-as-you-go service with no contracts or strings attached. It is easy to add additional devices and there is confusion with specific cell phone plans and coverage. Customers who use more, pay more, and those who use less, pay less.
- Pay as you go
- No long-term contracts
- iPhone and Android device options
Ting Wireless is a pay as you go solution. That means users will no longer pay for services they don't use or over-pay for services they would like to enjoy. The monthly cell phone bill will vary based on usage and customers are not locked into any long-term contracts. Users can purchase both iPhone and Android devices and sync them with a network of their choice.
- GSM and CDMA networks available
- Average customer bill sits around $23/month
- No contracts
- Assists in helping their customers with prior carrier contracts
- Current usage tool
Ting has not been in the cell phone business long, but they are helping their current customers save money through their simple and flexible service option.
- Can be expensive
- Limited coverage
- Limited selection
The Ting Wireless cell phone solution is not necessarily the best option for everyone. Since it is a pay-as-you-go platform, there are times the bill can be expensive if one of the lines uses more minutes or data. There are also some other aspects of their business model consumers should be aware of before utilizing Ting:
- Limited coverage - potential customers should make sure that there is quality service in their area
- Expensive up-front costs - customers have to purchase their own phones since there are no contracts
- Limited device selection - there are several older style phones to choose from as well as some new ones, but the selection is rather small in comparison to other providers
Those interested in Ting Wireless should to a little extra research and make sure they have the service and phone you want prior to enrolling in their service.