Cricket Logo

5.4

Missy Charleston, IL

I have been with Cricket for several years and have no intention of changing anytime soon. The service is great in this small town in the midwest and the price can't be beat.

Laura Powell Melbourne, FL

If you came to this page to check out Cricket & are thinking of transferring services. DO NOT DO IT. RUN!!! I had ATT for 18 years, switched to Cricket to save money a year ago. Dumbest thing I could have done. Service is subpar and phones do not last. After a year I was forced to upgrade and this issue began: A week of customer service nightmare: Fri - ordered new phone online Mon - phone delivered, attempted to activate online. Received a message to call Customer Service so I did. They couldn't activate it so a ticket was put in and "it'll be fixed within 24 hours" They tell me they'll call with an update, I point out my phone doesn't work & I can't be reached that way. They tell me to call in for updates. Tues - no phone, I call & my line was suspended. But they don't know why. At first they said it's because I owed them money (didn't/don't - autopay & bought the phone outright) then they tell me it's a glitch on their end & it'll be fixed in 24 hours (nevermind the first 24 hours) Again I'm told they'll call me with an update. We have the same discussion & I ask to be emailed updates. Wed - no phone, call & chat customer service. Still no fix but you guessed it, it'll be fixed within 24 hours (see a theme? I do too but it's okay because that goes out the window in a moment) Again I'm told they'll call me with an update. We have the same discussion & I ask to be emailed updates. (we have this same convo multiple times a day) Thurs - no phone. I chat customer service & it'll be fixed ASAP. Thurs night I call in & after quite a few rounds I'm told it'll be fixed in 4 - 7 business days. Yes, you read that right. FOUR TO SEVEN BUSINESS DAYS. I do not have a phone because of an issue on their side & I'm supposed to wait 4-7 business days after already waiting 3. This is all the first time they've changed it up from the "Fixed in 24 hours" I begin talking to Metro PCS about switching & what I need to do. Guess what? I can't transfer since my line is suspended. I get back on chat with Cricket & they cannot restore my old account ( I told them I don't care if the phone works, I just need whatever to transfer). I"m literally stuck with NO phone, a full monthly bill & nothing to show for it. AND I CAN'T LEAVE. I'm being held hostage. I also cannot take the phone I bought outright because I have not had it activated with Cricket for 6 months. So yeah, no contract but even if you buy your phone outright you don't own it for 6 months. The customer service is horrendous. If you get someone on the phone they're likely to accidentally disconnect you. I've had supervisors straight up hang up on me. I cannot call anyone other than customer service & go through the entire spiel of what's wrong to get an update on the ticket #. They haven't even offered me any kind of rebate or discount, just keep telling me they're sorry for the inconvenience. I WANT OUT. If you've stuck with me this long, please heed my warning and DO NOT sign up with Cricket. You will regret it.

Tina Johnson Sylacauga, AL

I have been a cricket member since the day they opened in Sylacauga, Al. I have had some bad and good experiences but this one is the worse that I have had to deal with with any company. IS MY PRIVACY, the Sylacauga location has violated everything about my privacy. I reported a phone lost/stolen on my account, and then someone went down to the Sylacauga store and the girl in there over rided my pin code on a lost/stolen line, let them reopen a new line in there name, they changed my pin code, the thing also is that i am still paying on the phone through progressive, cricket couldn't turn the phone off that the person took off my account due to they had a pin code on the account, but i said my account had a pin on it. The phone number was still the same number, Cricket has violated my privacy. And i am going to seek attorney advice and i have gave the Sylacauga store over a week to handle this but they have not.

Richard V Tagle San Antonio, TX

I've used Cricket for many years now. Never have been disappointed, never have had to deal with minutes and such and I truly and sincerely recommend Cricket to anybody who asks me about my cell phone company.

Catherine Collazo

Cricket has been the best cell phone service company that I have ever had the pleasure of receiving service from. Their prices are very competitive, their products very reliable and their customer service is superb.

Kent D Rager Fort Wayne, IN

Service is okay and the advertised price is what you'll actually pay since it includes taxes/fees. However, don't expect to get a bonus from their so-called referral bonus program. I referred my parents to switch to Cricket Wireless. I got the referral URL link and emailed it to them. They received the email and we clicked on the link. The link brought up a web page that said the referral code was emailed to them. We were in a hurry, so we didn't wait to actually receive the code and went to the store and activated new SIM cards with their existing phones. They never did receive a referral code - we looked in the spam folders and everything and it was never received. So we logged into their new Cricket account and tried to get it to resend the code, but it said the email address we entered wasn't the same one (even though it was). After clicking the referral link and entering the email address, I was finally able to get a code, but now the system won't accept the code. I called customer service and they said that because their lines were already activated, we were no longer eligible for the bonus. That is just plain wrong!

Mark Berry

Honestly I have been Cricket for 10 years and the service has great. When they switch to AT&T..good became great. The only downside is you can't trade your phone in for an upgrade but I'm ok with that and they dont have any customer loyalty rewards but again I'm ok with that too.

Anonymous Spring, TX

THEIR AUTOMATIC PAYMENT WORKS PERFECTLY. THE TECHNICIANS IN THEIR LOCATIONS ARE YOUNG AND VERY UNDERTRAINED; THEREFORE, I HAVE TO ASSUME VERY UNDERPAID AS WELL. THEY ARE ONLY SALES PEOPLE AND NOT GREAT AT THAT. TOOK OVER 45 MINUTES TO BUY ONE PHONE AND GET IT SET UP. WHEN YOU GO TO THEM WITH A PROBLEM WITH YOUR PHONE THEY ARE USUALLY CLUELESS, AND I'VE BEEN TO SEVERAL OF THEIR PHYSICAL STORES. IT IS JUST AS BAD AT EACH ONE.

Paul Nashville, TN

The best coverage by far of the prepaid services. I always recommend to other professionals and business people especially for staff and assistants with great coverage and low dropped calls.

Lorraine Johnson Selma, CA

great company no lengthy contracts if i can afford it i keep it if i cant i skip a month then get service when i can afford to pay 2020 difficult year. employees have always been awesome when i had to deal with them

Emily Norton Tucson, AZ

There are definitely pros and cons of using cricket. First of all, it’s cheap and they were constantly giving me more data without raising my price which is great. The service works really well in my small town, but it definitely has less coverage in other areas than some other providers. I also had some problems with messages or pictures coming in, but anytime I called cricket usually could fix whatever the problem was.

Calista Huber Mesa, AZ

We get a really good deal for the price! It's fairly cheap and we have plenty good service. We do have spotty areas that other providers don't, but it's never really an issue. The plan we're on is monthly, not contracted, which is nice, and we have more data than we even need, unlimited texting and call, for a great price! We also got rebates and gift cards from signing up and buying phones there, so even our phones were a great deal! Everyone is always so helpful at the stores, and while there is sometimes a wait, it's worth it.

Missy Truth Ankeny, IA

This is hands down the most worthless service out there. Has very poor coverage. And you will miss texts and calls and have no notifications of them making people mad at you, and you oblivious.

Eric Madden Elkhart, IN

Cricket customer service says number can be ported to different company but 3 different companies couldn't port the number over. It's a honest joke. I will never ever have cricket wireless. If it wasn't for needing the number he has my brother wouldn't have it either.

Kathy Wallace Loveland, CO

The Main St Longmont location refuses to give a paper receipt when paying in cash. Two disabled gentlemen need a paper receipt to account for their Social Security benefits and they were told they could not receive one. They are rude and unhelpful

Dee Miami, FL

Cricket gives good service for your $. No dropped calls. Great customer service. They really know there product.

JW Phoenix, AZ

Bad connection, terrible customer service, they are clearly in some foreign country and can barely speak English. Cricket changed my plan without my permission and then told me that my original plan was no longer available. I am now stuck paying twice as much as I was previously and my phone is locked to Cricket for another 4 months. Every time I call to complain I get a different story from a representative that I can barely understand. Seems like I signed up for service with a foreign company that doesn’t under customers service.

Mr. Glass Greenville, NC

I've been with cricket for a looooong time. I now have a Nokia phone and it is TRASH. I called 4 times in one day because of the freezing. I use my phone for work and because of it I'm losing money. I contacted c.s. and they followed the same script, reset and good bye. Got hung up twice because of their incompetence. This company does not care if your phone isn't working, they do care if you pay your bill. And if you don't they cut you off, but what if their service isn't working? Oh yeah they don't care but they still expect you to pay a bill on a service that doesn't work. I know you don't care cricket but I'm moving on. Signed, a no longer loyal customer. I'll give my money to a company who cares.

Patricia

They have all types of cell phones for sale and one flat monthly payment. No hidden charges.They can improve by making sure all their sale people know what they are talking about.

Mindy Sheldon Manchaca, TX

I've been with Cricket several years. I like the flat pricing and the fact they have a lot of brick & mortar stores. I don't think they could do anything to improve.

Michael , MO

Idk why you guys are not willing to be a little more lenient with due dates with everything going on. People are NOT just being "laid off" for a few weeks, we are loosing our jobs fully and companies are just calling it laid off so they don't have to pay unemployment for people. All I asked for was 2 more days to get my last check from my job that decided to let go of my entire department and even though I found a new job I of course won't get that first check for 2-3 weeks. You have really shown how much you care about your customers and it's pathetic and you guys should be ashamed of yourself. Everyone knows you are a low income phone service provider and most of your customers are considered "essential" workers so we obviously don't have loads of cash sitting around and during a pandemic you'd think you guys would offer a little more assistance for your customers. Sense my phone hardly works anyway, instead of staying with you guys when I get my check tomorrow night I will be switching providers. Good luck in your poor endeavors

Mary Davis Lake Havasu City, AZ

I have been a cricket wireless customer for 6 years. I was furious this morning when I woke up to a suspended account. I paid my bill early and had no reason to be suspended. When I called customer service to find out why I was informed that by adding a hotspot I was due to pay an additional fee because due to a glitch I had been given the hot spot 2 days early. I tried to find out how their glitch was my fault and they continued to say they understood but I owed the fee and a reactivation fee. Tell me how was it my fault their app glitched and why was I being penalized for it. I went through 4 people and was disconnected 2 times with no call back. They continued to tell me the only fix they had was to charge me the reactivation fee. They screwed up and I was charged for it. Unfortunately due to it being a family plan and my family traveling at the moment and needing to have service I had to pay. However I am now researching other phone services and have to say that if you plan on signing up for Cricket Wireless DONT!!!!!!! They take from the consumer and could care less. They offer no help and except for their robotic repeated sentence of "I understand" and they truly don't care.

lruckman79 Phoenix, AZ

Worst Service Ever!!! I just spent the last 40 minutes trying to pay my bill on the App which was down, then went to the website and got all the way to inputting my card info when the site froze. Then my service was cut off!!!!! I called to make a payment with a rep and restore my service and they were closed. Then I was charged 9 additional dollars on top of my bill to use the automated service. Calling during "normal businesses hours" tomorrow to cancel and go with another company. I've been with Cricket since it became available in this town anticipated it actually because I was so impressed with it from my home town...since AT&T took over customer satisfaction has taken a back seat to the corporate bottom line. And the Customer Service wasn't that great to begin with but at least it was there...now it's non existent.

Natalie Shaw McKinney, TX

I initially liked cricket til they kept suspending my service even though I paid them without fail before the due dates. In fact they still have $30 of mine and won't refund it. Customer service was decent but nobody could tell me why my account was suspended. After 20 calls , no lie, and possibly more, to them and speaking with manager after manager to fix this problem just so I could use my service they would hang up on me because the customer support couldn't do anything but walk you through things and take my money. My problem has never been resolved and there is still money on my cricket account that they refuse to give me back. I want my money back!! The phone is cheap and worthless to me. I'm seriously going to Yelp to complain and make this public. I will never use cricket again and I will warn everyone against using this company. I love my new phone company. Buyer beware with cricket! This is not a fake review. This is a review from a customer that absolutely has had the worst phone experience in my life.

Lori , GA

My phone was hacked. Took me forever to get customer service. When I did could not find anyone that spoke "ENGLISH". Yes I speak English they would say but could not understand them. Then when I told them what had happened. They tell me sorry I will check on that. After 25 minutes on hold she comes back to tell me they will have to call me back. Really, the next day I call to find out what happened never heard from anyone. The lady says sorry that case has been closed. NOW I really frustrated get manager that says I'm to busy to help you. So I really think you should think twice before you go with them. Not my first problem with them. Had insurance on phone and that was a waste of money#!!#!

Missy Pueblo, CO

Cricket s a decent service provider. However their customer service is a nightmare. We had their service for about 3 years. We upgraded phones once in that time. We changed service providers a year and a half after the upgrade. Cricket promises that phones can be unlocked after 180 days of active service, which is pretty standard - until you go to unlock them. Imagine my surprise when I tried to unlock the phone with customer service after over 400 days of active service and was told the phone had been purchased and never activated! I asked Tara 3 times what documentation was needed to get the information corrected and was told there is no way to correct the information in the system and that there was no point in submitting the request to the tech team because they use the same information and wouldn't unlock the phone. The moral of the story: You will never own the Cricket phone you buy. It cannot be unlocked and becomes a very expensive paperweight.

Jeff Staten Island, NY

I was cricket's biggest fan for years! I had a flip phone with unlimited data and messaging for a total of $25 a month. Awesome! No problems! Then I got a smart phone with a 2GB data plan. In over a year I never exceeded the data limit. Not even close! All I ever did was read news articles on the internet. Never streamed movies. Never watched youtube videos. Even those times when I was away from wifi and using the phone constantly, I never exceeded the limit...until now. About a year after signing up for the plan, I suddenly used up all my data by the middle of the month. The next month all my data was used up by the fourth of the month. And this month my data was gone by the second of the month. I can still access the internet, but the speeds are very slow and "somehow" the sites I most frequently access don't even connect for hours. The scam is utterly transparent. Cricket is causing my data usage to be falsely exceeded very quickly so that I am forced to upgrade to a more expensive plan. I expect that if I upgraded to anything but the unlimited plan, the same thing would happen in a year. Their customer service people might as well be robots, for all the help they offer. They simply keep repeating that you have used all your data and suggest that the real culprit is mysterious apps that are downloading all the data...even though I've disabled automatic updates. Cricket is running a very dishonest and illegal scam. I would advice people to stay away.

PC Carrollton, VA

One day last week, I went to use my phone, and I couldn’t get a connection. I called customer service for Cricket Wireless and was told my phone number had been switched to AT&T. The change had taken place within an hour of when I called them. I explained to the rep that I had not made any changes to my account. A ticket was generated to look into the situation further. Come to find out, earlier that day, someone was able to add a phone line to my account. The credit card used for this transaction was NOT my credit card. Then, a verification link was sent to that new phone line to change my password. After that, my phone number was switched over to AT&T. For the next three days, I contacted Cricket customer service 2-3 times a day speaking to numerous reps and supervisors to see if any progress had been made on the investigation. I can’t begin to tell you how much time that sucked out my day to wait on hold hoping to get some answers. In the meantime, someone was clearly using my phone number, so I had to contact everyone I knew, doctor’s offices, etc… anyone who might call or text on my cell phone and tell them not to use that number. Finally, after going three days now without a phone, the case was closed only to find out that they did not see any “suspicious activity” on my account. Say what??? You’ve got to be kidding me! I have been a loyal Cricket customer for 3 years the whole time paying $120 a month on auto pay for three phone lines and never making any changes to my account. Then, within a period of a few minutes, a credit card that is not mine is used to add a 4th phone line to my account, gets a verification link to change my password, and switches only 1 phone on the account to AT&T. I have never felt so betrayed by a company, not to mention one that I have faithfully been a customer of for three years. The worst part is that whoever stole my phone number is going to get away with it. Needless to say, I am not a Cricket Wireless anymore. All three of my family’s phone lines are with a different carrier now. (btw, not AT&T either)

Kim becky Philadelphia, PA

I don't give no stars. But I give one..First all. We go on a store on. Aramingo Ave philly and the. Black girl work in there is nasty She thinks. She own this place she talks bout the customers while others customers are in the store very nasty temper unprofessional she had a nerve to go back and forth with me because my old man was changing our family plan to MetroPCS and then going catch a attitude because we wouldn't stay with Cricket she needs to get fired because she has no experience at all I meant customer service experience she is very rude and obnoxious when the boss come in she acts so nice to the customers but when the boss is nowhere around she's very nastey.. .perido then she told my old man don't think you're coming back to Cricket because we're not going to accept you trying to be funny believe me she didn't win that day

Elizabeth Winton, CA

I was in Metro Pcs for more than 10 years but one day I accidentally went into the wrong store. (Cricket and Metro were side by side). The Employees convinced me to join Cricket by telling me that I would have the same plan as before plus two extra Lines. I later found out that this was a lie because I lost my hot spot when I joined cricket. But that is not all, after several months of paying faithfully I was too busy to pay on time. They cut my service on the 21 of July, 2019. When I paid my bill on the 22 of July they restored my service. On the 23rd I tried to make a phone call and the system took me the automatic service. The machine told me to activate bridge pay and I pressed okay. I later found out that my plan was locked and I could not make any calls until I payed the bridge pay. Keep in mind this was right after I had already reactivated my phone line and payed my debt. I contacted support and they told me that they could not do anything until I payed bridge pay. unfortunately I can not sue them because they have a policy that states, "You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, without limitation and without notice, limit, interrupt, suspend or cancel your Service for any reason, including, but not limited to: (a) any conduct that we believe violates the Agreement, these Ts&Cs, or our Policies; (b) your failure to have or maintain an adequate account balance; (c) if you behave in an abusive, derogatory or similarly unreasonable manner with any of our representatives; or (d) if we have reason to believe that your Device or our Service is being used for an unlawful or fraudulent purpose, a Prohibited Use or in a way that may adversely affect our Service." It also states,"Amounts paid for Service Charges are non-refundable and account balances are not transferable, refundable, or redeemable for cash. If your account is suspended or cancelled, for any reason, any remaining balance will be forfeited. When your account is cancelled we will re-assign the phone number associated with your account, and that phone number, identification number, or email address associated with your account may no longer be available to you. We may also charge you a fee to reactivate Service depending on when you reactivate." if you do not believe me go to their terms and conditions websites.

J.W. Greeley, CO

I like the phones but the coverage is total crap. I can't even talk on my phone in my own house. I have to go outside across the street to get a signal. The monthly service charge is alright, could be cheaper for the crap coverage. Switching to a different company next month. Hopefully it is the "boost" I need.

Cassandra Pine Bluff, AR

On April 2nd I called customer service to terminate my sons line because he told me his phone was stolen instead they turned my line off and suspended his line. I went to the cricket store they told me they couldn’t help me I would have to go find a cricket phone and call 611. Reminder they turned my phone off so I had to go to my daughters job use her phone and was put on hold for an hour. They told me it would be a hour. After an hour no service, so I called back then they say a day or two, I explained to them I use my phone for work. All they could say I’m sorry it has to investigated or you have to pay $70 to turn my phone back on. Cricket customer service was rude and inconsiderate when it was clearly their fault. I am without service but my bill is paid through auto pay and my phone is the primary phone on the account. I’ve missed a whole day of work over $200 today because I had no service. I am very dissatisfied with cricket service. Taking my service elsewhere when my phone in turned back on so I can keep my same number.

LS Davenport, IA

On 3/8/2019 my active phone number with Cricket got ported to a different cell phone carrier w/o my permission. I had gotten a text stating my pin # had changed which I did not do.When I stopped in to the Cricket office the cs rep called customer service dept. to which she had the company phone on speaker phone. The CS Rep told her my number had been ported over to another company by a guy out of CA. I told them I did NOT authorize this and how could someone just go in and steal my phone number like that. They offered no help, said they do NOT have a Fraud Alert Dept and could not even offer me a temporary phone number to use. My service was active and I've had this service for over 15 mos. My service was good up until March 15th and my bill is automatically deducted monthly. BE LEARY...it could happen to you and then your identity will be compromised also. Im still in shock Cricket did this to me. SMH

William Kirk Coker, AL

I used to be an at&t consumer, i can honestly say cricket is a better company will cheaper I'm truly happy with the company and would not changed a thing.

Julie Conroe, TX

I'm incredibly unhappy with the customer service that I've gotten in the past couple of days through the cricket main number, the retail stores, and supervisors along the way regarding a mistake with my bill causing my services to disconnect. I've been with Cricket for years, in spite of the fact that they suck compared to other cell phone companies, but I like the idea of no contract. Not only have I had a cricket line for years I just added my son whose services are also suspended because of a clerical error but I'm now being asked to pay for. The customer retention is not eye priority 4 the people that I have spoken to, and I guess with millions of prepaids losing to customers doesn't make a big difference. But, I believe they should have tried a little bit harder to keep my business and keep a long time customer happy. I'm not asking for anything free or unreasonable, I'm asking for Cricket to be accountable. I guess MetroPCS is going to be getting another customer

Brinley Knowles Smithfield, UT

Cricket has such a large selection to choose from. You don't have to be on any contract and they have such a great selection of plans. I have loved Cricket and how great the prices are.

Aleisha Woodbridge, VA

A Cricket customer has my card information stored on file to pay his bill, and Cricket will not fix the situation. The customer, whom I know, said he contacted them last month to remove my card, but I know this is not true. My bank's fraud department contacted me because of the transaction, and said that because it is an automatic monthly transaction, I need to contact the company and gave me Cricket's number. The supervisor I spoke with at Cricket, Ingrid M, said there is nothing they can do and said that I need to file a police report, which I will definitely do. I have had this same issue before with the same person, and I called the other company that was able to stop the charges to my card. I don't know why Cricket cannot do the same when they have allowed someone else to use my account that is not an authorized user.

Christine Charlier Lakeland, FL

I have had a Cricket phone for two years and planned to give the phone to a person in need so that they could use it for work. The phone has been used on wifi as I have only needed the phone for one month. I called customer service for assistance as I was directed to do so by the website. Customer service had me on the line over 45 minutes and still did not help me. I need a Network Unlock Code to give the phone to another person BUT because I did not have my phone on Network for a minimum of 6 months customer service would not fulfill my request for the unlock code. So even though I purchased this phone at full price I am unable to use my phone with any other network other than Cricket or gift it to someone in need. So I do not actually have control over my own phone. Cricket customer service states that this rule is on the website and that I agreed to the terms. The only location for this rule is on a page when you request to transfer the phone and the manager was unable to find any proof that I signed this ridiculous rule. Be warned, now you know that there is a rule for this, do not purchase from Cricket!

Leonard Goodboe

A great provider with ATT acess and great customer service as well as reliable signal streangth and phones so varied for purchase there is a right price for everything

Natasha Salt Lake City, UT

Has been great, got the whole family into cricket. helped me every time i break my phone or screen or have general problems. if they cant do it in the store they help me call 611 to fix the problem.

Kylee Carpenter Tooele, UT

The have been amazing. Affordable, reliable, and good service. They only thing is I wish they would have more deal & discounts for cell phones/ trade ins.

Katie W-V Phoenix, AZ

Horrible company, horrible customer service and horrible coverage. I do not recommend at all.

Ryan Kenyon

They throttle data, making many applications impossible. What's worse, they lie about it. Bi can't wait to leave.

jesus cruz ,

I did maintain service with Cricket for about 6 month back in 2014, and since then I changed to Boost , T Mobil, My worst experience have been with Cricket, their connection cover is very weak, if you ever are driving away from the center of the city you are out of service, and if you need to use the GPS, forget about it.

PJWILEY Austin, AR

A reliable phone when on a budget.It' s a great company for someone who doesn't want to pay high dollars for a contract. The signal is pretty good overall.

Deborah Kelly Farmington, MO

I love this company! They have great service for a great price. We had an awesome experience from the very beginning and continue to appreciate this company! I would never go back to AT&T!

Stephanie Love Herriman, UT

I used cricket for a few years and they were just okay to me. The price, at first, was the biggest reason to me switching over. Over time I hated that I couldn’t make out of state calls and the service wasn’t very good. I dropped a lot of calls. After some time, other cell phone providers were dropping prices. I switched back to T-mobile when I realized I wasn’t going to be paying much more than what I was paying for cricket, so I made the switch back to t-mobile.

Becky Simpson , CO

I’ve been a customer for about 7 years. I’ve had no issues. It’s nice to be month to month contract and the coverage has been great! No problems. Cheap and easy to work with

August Moulton Lehi, UT

Great coverage and awesome customer service. The price is amazing too. I love that I can travel anywhere and not lose service. I also love the stress free billing. It’s always the same price and everything is unlimited.

jessica Mesa, AZ

Cricket always has great deals and their coverage is great. The only thing that bugs me a little that some of the people int heir stores have horrible customer service. Overall though its a great company.