Carvana Logo

3.8

Carvana offers a new and unique way to buy a vehicle, providing consumers with the opportunity to pre-qualify for an auto loan that will give them access to Carvana's expansive inventory of cars, tailored to the consumer's financing terms and with no impact to their credit score. To become pre-qualified, a consumer fills out a two-minute application form, and then receives competitive rates that are valid for 45 days.

The lender works with all types of credit, including bad credit, and there are just three minimum borrower requirements:

• Minimum age: 18
  • Minimum annual income: $4,000
  • No active bankruptcies

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus Carvana reviews from real customers.

The Good

• No Middleman or Dealerships
  • Certified Vehicles
  • Worry-Free Guarantee
  • Get Prequalified in Two Minutes
  • No Haggling Tool

No Middleman or Dealerships

Buying a vehicle through Carvana will provide you with a new way to shop. Carvana cuts out the middleman and dealerships, which means you won't have to pay any hefty dealer fees or sit around at a dealership for hours on end in order to receive financing.

Certified Vehicles

Every vehicle Carvana sells comes with a "Carvana Certification," which means that the car has passed through a rigorous inspection and reconditioning process that includes a 150-point inspection, an oil change, and a premium detail.

Worry-Free Guarantee

All Carvana vehicles come with a worry-free guarantee. The company provides you with a free Experian Autocheck vehicle history report prior to purchase and guarantees your new car for 100 days or 4,189 miles, whichever comes first.

Carvana also offers a no-questions-asked return policy that allows you to return the vehicle and terminate your contract for any reason within seven days of purchase.

Get Prequalified in Two Minutes

With Carvana, you can get prequalified online in two minutes with no hit to your credit score. You will then receive a real down payment and immediately know what interest rate and terms are available to you.

No Haggling Tool

Carvana's "no haggling" tool enables you to shop for a vehicle on your own terms from the comfort of your home. You simply input every combination of what you want into the Finance Dials and Carvana will show you exactly what your interest rate, down payment options, monthly payment, and loan terms will be for the criteria you specified.

For example, you could input that you want a payment under $400 on a 48-month term with no money down and the no haggling tool will do the rest.

The Bad

• Limited Free Delivery Locations
  • Restocking Fees
  • No Joint Financing
  • Lack of Transparency

Limited Free Delivery Locations

Carvana only offers free vehicle delivery to consumers within a 100-mile radius of the following cities:

• Atlanta
  • Raleigh
  • Richmond
  • San Antonio
  • Tampa

Consumers who live outside of the free delivery area must contact Carvana to find out what the cost will be to deliver to their area.

Restocking Fees

Carvana doesn't charge any restocking fees if you live within 100 miles of one of its service areas. However, if you live outside of this radius or have exceeded 400 miles during the seven-day period, you will be charged additional fees.

No Joint Financing

Carvana finances single-buyer loans. If you want to get a joint loan with a co-signer, you will have to fund through a different car loan company.

Lack of Transparency

Carvana doesn't do the best job when it comes to being transparent on its website. For example, the company has not disclosed interest rates, terms, loan amounts, or mileage limits.

The Bottom Line

Carvana offers two-minute pre-qualification, certified vehicles, and a worry-free guarantee. However, the company only offers free delivery to consumers who live in certain areas and is not entirely transparent on its corporate website.

2.0

Mario Garcia Fontana, CA

Carvana made an appraisal on my car, made an offer(very happy with the price) and set up an appointment to bring the car in. 2 days after at 0900 at Carvana, Ontario, CA, Lance C. greeted me at the front door, showed and sat me in. He asked me a few questions, signed a few docs and handed me the check. He inspected the car and that's it. That was less than 10 mins and very happy with the process. Lance C. was very friendly, courteous, professional and a nice gentlemen. Thank you, Carvana. It was a real pleasure doing business with you...Sincerely..MG.

Aly Wright Idaho Falls, ID

The selling process was extremely easy! I decided to sell my car during the Easter weekend which I thought it was going to be a hassle but not with Caravana. From uploading my documents to them picking up my Jeep everything was so smooth.

tasha stewart Athens, AL

I had the best experience with my recent purchase from Carvana. It was simple, quick, & stress free! Brandon helped get all my paperwork & tasks completed in time to get my new car on the original planned date. He was super helpful & polite. Aaron delivered my new car directly to my house. He too, was super helpful & very PATIENT with me! I am so thankful for this company & would definitely recommend these guys for your next vehicle purchase!

Mark Elgin Antioch, TN

Just sold my car to Carvana. The rep was Nicky and I cant say enough good things about her. She was very professional and knows her stuff. She is one of the nicest people I've ever met. Carvana should be grateful to have an employee of her caliber. I would do business with them again and would highly recommend them to anybody I know. Thanks Nicky!!!

Morgan Smith Camden, NJ

Believe the hype! Its was an amazing experience from start to finish. I saw the car I wanted, got wonderful financing options with an OK credit score. I couldn't believe it! No hidden fees. The customer service was great, knowledgeable & reassuring. Picked out the car on Monday, got the car delivered to my home on Wednesday! The delivery guy was courteous & professional. He arrived on time & even gave me a call when he thought he may get held up in traffic due to nearby accident. This is the way to go!

Lana Kozych Hoffman Estates, IL

I posted my car for sale with Craig list and got contacted by Carvana I frankly didn't think it was real because how easy it was to fill out all the info on line and get an offer via text which beat dealership offers by a lot. It was a top offer of all of my offers actually and it was so easy to schedule a pick up, no questions asked accept if it's in drivable condition. There was an instant money transfer, no issues at all. It was truly unbelievable sale experience, On top of it all, I called 800 number with any questions all staff was very professional with assistance.

Desmond Brown ,

I was a little apprehensive at first because dealing over the internet scared me but I have to admit this experience was top notch. I sold my SUV and it was easy from start to finish. I have nothing bad to say at all, great customer service above and beyond. The approval process was quick and easy and the money was in my account as soon as the driver left. Grade A+

Kevin Wise ,

First time using Carvana. I traded my car and purchased one from Carvana. I was able to get a good price for my trade which was used toward the price for my new vehicle. I took my time when deciding on my vehicle from a huge stock of cars. I was able to check the Carfax for each vehicle on their website. The process was all online and no pressure placed on me. When I was ready to make the purchase I submitted my request. I was given a choice for delivery that was within few days from date of submission of my order. The representative was on time to drop off my car and pick up my trade. I took the car for a test drive and then reviewed the paperwork and signed for the transaction. Smooth transition and the representative was very professional and friendly. I will definitely use Carvana again. I got a high quality loaded 1 year old low mileage GMC Acadia at an excellent price. Even added extended warranty to 60,000 miles with all the money saved. Vehicle like brand new.

BRYAN W FISSELL Sherman, TX

I'm 66 years old and have purchased many cars and trucks from dealerships. Buying through a salesman is always a hassle the back and forth the time waisted. Now comes carvana a whole new way to buy a vehicle. I was skeptical at first but that quickly changed the process was very pleasant and easy. Now I did my own research and new my budget carvana allowed me to put in what I wanted and it was that easy they have thousands of vehicles to chose from but with my requirements it narrowed the choices until I found the right one. Carvana has quality vehicles all makes and models. The purchase process was super easy I went through their finance team and it went very easy and quickly. I set my delivery day and time just like that my new car was at my house. The delivery associate was very cool and knowledgeable about my car. Showed me all the features and explained everything very clear. I took the car for a test drive it was great. However carvana gives you a seven day money back guarantee or vehicle replacement. I would recommend carvana to everyone wanting to buy a vehicle and be in charge of their deal. Thank You Carvana you're the best. Bryan w Fissell

Jennifer Peno West Warwick, RI

From start to finish I had a great experience! Deliver was fast , vehicle was in great condition, everyone was very friendly and helpful and recieved my paperwork in a timely manner for registration. The DMV here in Rhode Island knew before I gave them the paperwork that it was from Carvava because it was so organized. They said they enjoy having Carvana customers because they have minimal work to do since Carvava fills out all forms needed prior to sending them! Had no issues w registration or anything else! Would highly recommend !

Bill Stewart Greenwood Village, CO

When I sold my car to CARVANA it was a great experience, everything was flawless, they looked it over, we sign some papers, wrote the check, and they took it away. With that type of satisfying experience, one would figure buying a car from them would be just as flawless right? WELLLL....The car I selected was a 2015 BMW 650I, a beautiful car, LOTS OF POWER. They showed up late, but it was cool, had me outside as if I was waiting on the mailman to drop off a government check...LOL...Carvana use to offer 4,189 miles with a 7 day money back guarantee if you don't want the vehicle. Now they offer 400 miles which is very unrealistic. You could at least offer 1500 miles or shorten the days to match the 400 miles...2 days or 1. Back to why I'm writing the opposite review of what I thought I was going to write earlier. So, on the third day, still, within my 7-day window...the check engine light came on as I leaving the parking lot. I scheduled to have a diagnostic check with BMW that same day. Turns out the air mixture was too lean (crankcase line broken) air was getting into intake system. Now SilverRock.Inc the warranty company they use was great. They approve the repair over the phone and I walked away with a $50 deductible which CARVANA is going to reimburse. Now so far, you are probably wondering why give them 3 stars. Ok...Let me tell you. Carvana took my 2015 BMW 535I when they dropped off the BMW 650I. Carvana says you are allowed to swap vehicles within 7 days. I decided to swap over to the 2015 BMW 640I, 3.0 six cylinder, turbo 315 hp. Should be a bit more friendly on the gas considering my occupation. Swapping isn't the problem either, actually, it was a great experience as well. Now you are really confused and think I'm just complaining right?... I'm not hold on. Carvana tells me that the swap will not be delivered until next week March 30. In the mean time, you have to keep an eye on the 400 miles. I'm entitled to swap but I can't drive over 400 miles. You took my car and left me a lease. I still have to work but I can't drive over 400 miles. If you do, its $1 per mile. Why not leave my car and take it once the decision is made. Either you will return to pick up my car or yours. Or as I said before, give 1500 miles, make it more realistic to a 7 day trial period. Why am I being penalized for your policy? I called to check on this because I know the value of this car and to have more miles on it, doesn't help. All this is probably in the paperwork but do we read all the paperwork and fine print "No". So, who can I blame..."ME". But I have this sexy, expensive vehicle in my drive way that I can't drive unless I go take out $400 for the week in order to go to work. Now, Carvana did show mercy and gave me a 200-mile extension, but that isn't much better. It will get me 2 days to work and home. This is the reason for the 3-star review. If you can't get the swap to the person within a reasonable time, take that option away, or extend the miles to 2000 miles or 100 days. You say the car is inspected with a 150 point check. I guess that doesn't count wheel alignment because the car needed that as well. Now, I understand the car is used not brand new. I don't have a problem paying for a wheel alignment because if you are going to complain about the maintenance get a different car. I get it...I'm just upset and disappointed in the 400 miles and not getting the swap alot sooner.

Dave C Bel Air, MD

Carvana bought my car. Paid Top Dollar! Very Happy!! Delivery/Pickup driver very professional and pleasant to deal with. Overall OUTSTANDING!!! CARVANA is much better option than going to a dealership. Carvana does all the work, no headaches. Want more for your vehicle? CHOOSE CARVANA!!!!!!!!!

Tammy Farris Indianapolis, IN

The process was quick and the easiest purchase I have ever made. My SUV was delivered clean and I’m totally in love with the vehicle it was perfect just as the pictures showed. I’m so glad I went will Carvana everyone I’ve had contact with has been very professional and helpful. I definitely recommend them with your next car purchase you won’t be disappointed.

Betsy Jones Torrington, CT

I just wanted to call out that Shawn from Carvana was AMAZING!!! He went above and beyond to deliver our car as soon as possible. Our driveway was tricky to access and he did such a good job navigating the drop off!! He was extremely knowledgeable, kind, patient, friendly, and professional. It really made the entire experience for us. Having an employee like Shawn really develops a positive customer connection to Carvana as a brand.

Alyssa Murray Baltimore, MD

Excellent company! The offer we received for our vehicle exceeded our expectations (Kelly blue book). The process took 48 hours from start to finish. The customer service we received from Damaris was more than remarkable, she was a pleasure doing business with. Would highly recommend using Carvana for any vehicle needs and will be a returning customer.

Amber Albuquerque, NM

I am so disappointed. I was scheduled to get my car on 3/29. I received a text 2 days before the delivery date that there was an issue and they are going to have to reschedule. I rescheduled for the soonest they had a available which was another week out and once again two days before delivery date there was another delivery issue. I rescheduled again for the soonest delivery date and guess what there has seen to be another issue with the delivery so now I have rescheduled again. It was mandatory that my husband and I received this car on the original delivery date because my husband is a first responder and we only have one vehicle. I am so angry!!!

Sharnita Washam Saraland, AL

This has been the worst experience ever!! My car was delivered for me in Christmas with tons of issue. The 150 point inspection is a lie!! My car has been in the shop more than I’ve had it!! First off the night I got it there was a loud noise when you turn the AC on. The shop should me that the ac had DOG FOOD in is which was causing that! Next thing one of the tires had a knot in it causing it to May a noise when you drive it. The speaker is busted. It needed a normal service done on it. The brake calibers were causing the car to shake when you come to a stop. I was just notified today that Silver Rock denied fixing the brakes although it was like that when I got it! I don’t think I should be responsible for a 700 brake job that was happening when I got the car. The navigation module was missing out of the car so there was no navigation system. It was a fight trying to get these things taken care of before my 100 day warranty ended! I will never do this again! Beware the car was suppose to have an inspection so why weren’t these things fixed when They did the inspection!!! Never again!!!!!!!!

Nilena Perez Winter Park, FL

Initially I wanted to provide a review of 1 star however I'll provide 2 stars since the process was ok. However, the car was delivered DIRTY!!!!!! I read prior reviews and did find some reviews which mentioned to be sure to have the car detailed at time of purchase due to them having the same issue. Called to advise of my dissatisfaction and was informed I had to wait until after the 7 day return process to expire then, I would have to wait another 10 to 15 business days to be reimbursed for the detailing of the vehicle. Simply disgusting! If I did not like the car as much as I do I would return it! Carvona get it together!!!

derek schommer Minneapolis, MN

The experience was fine, when I got the car it needed a new battery within a week, ($350 BMW battery) And the rear tires were 3 sizes smaller than the stock size leaving the wheels very exposed and frankly looking very silly and also not even spec'd for the car, and the washer fluid was froze solid in the car. Outside of these issues the car seems fine but I'm not happy that I need to spend $1000 on the car I just bought that wasn't even a great deal and they listed in the ad 2 new tires as a perk even though they put on some crappy tires that are way too small on the car.

Stacy Rawlins Dallas, TX

I am a first time buyer with Carvana and I have to say I was a little skeptical. Everyone that I have spoke to at Carvana have been nothing but pleasant and very helpful. I would definitely do this process again in a heartbeat!!

aoelberg Nacogdoches, TX

The customer service that this company has is amazing. I have never received better customer service anywhere. At any point during the process if I had questions they were there to answer them. And the drop off of my vehicle was extremely easy. With COVID-19 hitting seems like Carvana has the right idea

Lorrie Haring Coatesville, PA

The purchasing experience went very well. It was easy, someone was there to answer any question that I may have had. Financing was easy. The car however was delivered, right off the truck, it started weird. I was weary, maybe a fluke?? I wanted the car so I had them leave it. Over the next two days, the car left me stranded and would not start. I took it to a local dealer under warranty. The battery was dead. Replaced at no charge but this should have been noticed during the pre-sale inspection. A few minor blemishes pointed out in the on line add, but in all actuality there were so many more scratches on the car. The smell, the smell in the car in horrendous, I actually believe the transporters poured cologne in the vents. There is no way this car still smells like the last owners cologne after 9 months. The delivery agent made a comment about people who by Lexus??!! Ok, ah it's used! Would this also be something they found during pre-sale and did an overnight ozone treatment on? Love the car, so I dealt with it. Many scratches, which they should have sent a credit back for or lowered the cost. If an actual pre-sale inspection took place they would see several all around the body of the car. I was assured on the 6th day Carvana would call and see how my experience was and if I was going to return the car. No one called. But at that point I could only have driven it a day since it was in the shop for a new battery. Love the experience, love the car but maybe they have to emphasize and actually do a pre-sale inspection.

William F Tanner Colorado Springs, CO

This is for anyone wondering about BUYING A CAR ONLINE and know what they want. We recently traded in our old car for a (almost) newer one through Carvana and had an excellent experience. (We wanted AWD and higher clearance for Colorado winter driving). MINUSES: Paperwork wasn't complete until the company overnighted what was left out of their document package, and the transaction was delayed until a mechanical part was fixed (they found the broken part & repaired it at their expense). So, calling these "minuses" may be somewhat of a stretch... PLUSES: The paperwork was clear, the process was easy, my online comparison shopping indicated reasonable pricing; "Touchless & Sanitized" (Re: COVID) pick up & delivery took 25 minutes at our house, the car came with a temporary tag and some unexpected upgrades (coincidence?). Carvana also obtained & paid for the registration and is FedExing the license plates to us; gave us a test drive & seven day return policy, provided access to the maintenance history and Car Fax report, and always kept in touch via phone, text and email.

Mary Williams Concord, NC

My husband pulled up their website after seeing a commercial and looked up our 2013 Honda Accord ex-l value and Carvana would actually pay us over $2000 more than CarMax. We had planned to just sell the car private party after the CarMax quote. However, once we saw the Carvana offer, we knew that was the way to go. After that, I uploaded our documents and pictures. I even had a small crack in the bumper and they didn't alter the offer at all. We agreed to sell. We schedule the appointment for meeting a Carvana representative at a mutually agreed spot since we were out of range for pick up. Once the driver arrived, he checked a couple things, looked the car over, took pictures, and we signed papers and drove off. Five days later, our loan was cleared and paid off. It was an easy experience. I would definitely do it again.

Keith Dayton, OH

I applied, got approved. Within 20 minutes. I chose to go and pick up my car. I get there, sign the papers (6 minutes). I then wait for car to come down (5-7 minutes). I view the car, it views me. LOVE AT FIRST SITE!!! The experience was the most pleasurable experience I have ever had with getting a car. The vehicle industry has found the greatest thing ever in the automotive industry. From my wonderful experience? I will never visit a car lot ever again. This has changed my life. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. My whole time inside Carvana was about 20 minutes max! My Maxima is INCREDIBLE. Thanks CARVANA! YOUR SERVICE WAS IMPECCABLE!!!!! I need more than 5 stars.

Fiona J Goodlettsville, TN

I’ve waited a month to give an honest, thorough review from start to finish. * Ease of purchase (including financing via Carvana): VERY easy. Carvana responded quickly and let us know what was needed to complete the process. I’ve never had an easier time obtaining financing with a competitive rate. * Car was available for pick up when promised. We arrived at the vending machine (which is pretty cool) and were greeted immediately. We signed a couple of documents and went outside to examine the car and were given the keys for a test drive. We loved it (we chose a 2016 Mazda 3 I-Touring hatchback, which I HIGHLY recommend-Handles like a sports car, rides smooth, great gas mileage, lots of cool standard equipment). * When I got home I noticed spots of rust in the roof. The car is a very dark blue (almost black) and had been parked in the shade at the dealership, so we (and Carvana employee) missed it. When I got home, Car was in full sun so I saw it immediately after exiting the car. I took photos and called Carvana customer service. They sent me to their repair department. To make a long story short they let me choose a body shop and paid 100% to have the roof repainted and reimbursed $40/day toward a rental car (ended up taking 4 days). Roof looks good as new. * Bottom line I feel VERY comfortable recommending Carvana. We had the hiccup of the rust which they handled quickly and professionally. I took the car to my mechanic during the 7 day trial period (which I recommend doing no matter where you buy your car) and he gave 2 big thumbs up. I’ve had the car a month now and couldn’t be happier. We’ll be back Carvana!!

Danny Harrison Statesville, NC

This is my second purchase with Carvana. I was so pleased with my first experience that when I was ready to buy again I didn’t even consider going anywhere else. This time the experience didn’t go as smooth as the first time because they had to reschedule the delivery twice for different reasons, and although that was frustrating my overall experience was still good. My new car was delivered on the third try by a really nice gentleman by the name of Mark, he delivered when he said he would and was very considerate of my time and my experience. My first delivery two years ago was done by Chassity and Mark said she was the one that trained him. Both of these people understand and practice great customer service skills. Despite my delivery debacles I will definitely go back to Carvana when it’s time to trade again. This is truly the best way to buy a car.

Leola Ailene San Diego, CA

I had a seamless experience with Carvana. The pre-qual process was super simple. I easily found a perfect car for my needs and budget. The prices were very competitive. The entire application process, from my first inquiry to a phone call stating that I've been approved, took less than 30 mins. I know every applicant is different, but all they needed from me was my DL and a couple pay stubs. They break down very clearly all of the costs involved, all of the procedures. They explain the down payment, the method of payment, the insurance requirements, warranties, the delivery, the test drive, all of it. There were no surprises. I read through the contract and was happy with the terms. There is NO early pay off penalty. They check your credit and ask for bank info before you even see the car in person, but no money changes hands until you accept the car at the time of the delivery. That's how buying a car from an online retailer works. I'm very happy with this super simple way of purchasing a car. No more hours wasted dealing with the sharks at the dealership. I've been recommending Cavana to everyone.

Virginia L Vanderver Coleman, FL

If I could give Carvana a thousand star rating I would. It was the easiest and most exciting experience I ever had buying a car. When no one else would help me because my credit was less than perfect Carvana didn’t even hesitate.. They were so easy to work with I never new car buying could be so fun and fast might I add in.. So for anyone second guessing Carvana DON’T, I promise you won’t forget. Plus did I mention the low down payment and monthly payments it’s amazing. The staff at the Orlando Florida vending machine was the BEST. Very pleasant and extremely friendly I’ve never felt more comfortable buying a car. They instantly new my name when I walked in which was very welcoming. So go check them out online or at a nearest vending machine and I promise you won’t be disappointed cause no matter your credit or circumstances they don’t look down on you or judge you. They treat everyone the same rich or poor when you walk through them doors..

Kayla Reno, NV

Carvana is wonderful!! The easiest way to purchase a car. From the moment I called I was greeted like a person not a number. They worked with my credit score to find the perfect vehicle that fits my family needs. They were patient with all my questions and had answers right away. I was approved within a few hours and they even got me out of paying a $399 delivery fee. The process of picking up my vehicle was a breeze. The 2 gentlemen that delivered my vehicle were so friendly and understanding even in the rain and snow. I will be purchasing my daughters vehicle with Carvana in the future. We loved our experience with Carvana.

Grace Jones Baltimore, MD

Where do I start? If you are skeptical don't be there is nothing shady here!! when I tell you I learned of carvana over a year ago and blew it off until this year when I started looking for a new car and dealers like Sheehy nissan of white marsh was saying no you need a cosigner no you need 2k down!! all not true...went out on a limb and started the process with carvana at this time I selected any car because in my mind I was not gonna be approved anyway. well I was fooled two days later a confirmation that my car would be delivered. I decided I might as well get something I really like. well three cars later I decided on what to get delivery was on time and professional the entire process was a breeze. wow I will never buy a car from anyone else again ever it has to be carvana.

Gary Friesz Lexington, KY

So I was looking for a hard to find car on Carvana and as I went through the process of shopping on their site they asked to value my trade in. So I filled out the form and got an appraisal on my 2016 Kia Optima. Unfortunately I was unable to find the model I was I was looking for. So I went to several other sites in my search and found a car I wanted to buy. So the dealership I was negotiating with also sent me an appraisal on my KIA but it was $1300 less than the Carvana appraisal. So I contacted Carvana and asked if the appraisal was only valid on a purchase and they said no we will but your car for that price! They made an appointment and picked up my car and 7 days later I received the check and the deal was done. Communications were excellent, they actually answer the phone and allow you to talk to a real person and they were a pleasure to do business with. I highly recommend Carvana...

Tiffany Small Dallas, TX

I am extremely happy with my experience with Carvana from the beginning to the end. I signed up with them back in December of 2017 but as most folks I was a little skeptical about the whole buying a car online. After months of looking for a car and the continue no or request for outrageous down payments I decided to give Carvana a try for real. The whole process took me less than a week to complete. I purchased a 2016 Chrysler 300c and I am loving every inch of this car. It is beautiful and runs smoothly. I even had my mechanic check it out to make sure nothing was rigged on it and it passed the test. The delivery of the car was AWESOME!! The guy, I think is name was Dan or Danny, called to let me know when he would arrive and he made it there at the exact time that he said he would. I immediately fell in love with the car because it was exactly what I had purchased. I fall in love with it more and more each day because I'm finding more features that it has. I would recommend Carvana to my friends, family and anyone who is looking for a car. Carvana has a gained a customer for life with me!! Thank you Carvana for this great experience!!!

Tracy Wilson Thompsons Station, TN

I don't understand this review on here. I am currently buying a car ... 1. Carvana provides the interest rate for you when approved and is very clear about that along with the terms for every car you look at. (Love that about Carvana) 2. If you don't live in a city close enough for delivery they offer you an instant 200 dollar flight credit. They will pick you up at the airport and take you to their car vending machine to do all you need to do and you can drive your car home. 3. You have one week up to 4000 miles no questions asked to return the car. 4. The process is very simple. Customer service has been very easy to work with and up front. It's a great deal.

zachary kuster Summerfield, FL

This company is a joke. Had my truck appraised through their online portal. They sent me a confirmation email telling me someone would reach out within 2 days. I waited 5 days and never heard anything. I followed up with them using the contact information given in the confirmation email. They apologized and gave me the excuse that they were backed up in sales 72 hours. I old them it had been 5 days and they had no excuse. They simply reiterated that someone would reach out to me within the next 24 hours. That was 3 weeks ago and to this day, I have never heard from them. 🤣

marion murdaugh Savannah, GA

I have a fully operational minivan that i was willing to trade in. I put in all the information and they gave me a value of $197. If you want the real value then dont go to them, they will low-ball you severely. The blue book value for trade in on my van is $1800 and i have gone to multiple dealerships that offered $1k but decided to give carvana a try because i like to shop around for the best deal. I will absolutely not be recommending them to anyone to purchase or trade or anything. They clearly do not really care about the customer as much as they claim.

Kathy Garcia Fort Stockton, TX

I would NEVER in my life use carvana again! Let me save y’all the hassle I wish I could of saved myself. The 7 day money back gaurntee is bs. They only give you seven days cause after Thoes 7 days the vehicle starts messing up and the warnnaty dosent cover much. I’ve spent my car payment plus more trying to fix the piece of crap they sold me. So I repeat DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE RIP OFFS!!!!! And they sold me 2021 gmc terrian. Just imagine. I thought I got a deal. I was so wrong! If I could rate them 0 stars belive me I would!

rocia keeling Paducah, KY

This is the WORST way to purchase a car!! The entire process has been HORRIBLE!!!!! I purchased my car 5 months ago and still no REGISTRATION!!!! You cannot get anyone on the phone they have told me lie after lie after lie!!!!!!! I am riding in a Mercedes Benz with temporary tags and cannot get anyone to fix the problem. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM CARVANA!!!!!

Mark DuPont Oak Harbor, WA

Great experience finding a car, but LOUSY after that. I live in a remote, rural area and was looking for a specific model and package in a vehicle, so Carvana made finding and purchasing the exact vehicle I wanted easy. However, once I made my purchase it was crickets – almost zero customer service. First, Carvana needed to find a carrier to get my car from the East Coast to California. I heard absolutely nothing from them for 2 weeks. I had to bug them several times on the phone (long wait times on hold) before they finally assigned a carrier. The carrier spoke broken English and was not very professional when it came to communicating with me, but he did deliver the vehicle in decent shape. Since it was an East Coast vehicle it had rust underneath from salted roads, but nothing too serious. However, Carvana took forever to deal with my registration. I asked to have my wife added to the title and registration, and it took weeks and countless hours on the phone, and finally me getting angry and belligerent before it was finally dealt with. This company seems to put a lot of money and energy into the front end – listing cars and making a sale, and not nearly enough into customer service. I spent plenty of money with them and got extremely poor service.

jonathan miller Schenectady, NY

Placed order on 03/13/2021 for a subaru legacy. Inspection took a over a week. Then I waited and waited for vehicle to be delivered. I had 5 days left and then the 15 days was gonna expire. Called them And they said they were gonna expedite vehicle. Monday afternoon carrier called said they were picking up vehicle Tuesday will have it Wednesday. Wednesday came took 8 hours off work and waited for subaru. Nothing, so I called carrier.. carrier said never picked up vehicle because it was damaged!!! No call from carvana!! No one!! So I call them spoke with some 'DJ' and he was mad with me cause I'm upset!!??!!? Vehicle damaged and no one bothered to inform us! I cancelled order wasted 3 weeks for a vehicle that was never gonna show up! Sorry carvana but you lost a repeat customer for good! Especially when you cant even apologize for how you treat a REPEAT CUSTOMER!

Robert Cravener New Kensington, PA

On day 7 my car threw a check engine light, now I have to miss a day of work to have it checked out. The thing is, this code is and has been stored in the computer for awhile. I am a certified mechanic, so when I retrieves the code I could tell it was in there for awhile. Carvana should have fixed this issue before selling this car, they probably either cleared the code or disconnected the battery so the code would not show until enough miles approximately 250 miles for it to come back on. Now I have a co-pays to fix what they should have fixed in the first place. SHAMEFUL!!!!

Louis Cannaliato Gilbert, AZ

Actual car selection and buying went great! Got the car and love it. But then the registration process started. We have been going through this process for over two weeks now, and they still have their heads up their asses. It really sucks when I have to talk to someone that has no idea what is going on, and has to continue to go talk with registration and then come back to me, and will not allow me to actually talk to the registration personnel. I have had to do this three times on different issues. If I am going to this, and I paid cash, how bad is it for people that take out a loan??? This will be my first and last time to use Carvana.

Samantha Thompson New York, NY

For a my first time buying a car this has been this worse experience ever! I bought a used car from Carvana, maybe that was my mistake. And the car keeps shutting off while driving. I’ve taken it to several locations with the warranty they give, even the dealership and the problem cannot be resolved. Carvana will not exchange the car because of the 7 day money back guarantee policy. If you’re not able to test the car out for 7 days i DO NOT suggest getting anything from Carvana. I also DO NOT suggest leasing with them. Because in my case I’m scared to drive the car and i have to have Bridgecrest a company that works for them take the car and it will RUIN your credit enough though the car came with issues they sold you!

Dave Peck Augusta, GA

I ordered a car a week ago. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow. They called me at 7o’clock the night before delivery to tell me it’s going to be an additional 10 days! So I am now wasting almost 3 weeks worth of insurance on this vehicle and I don’t have it. The only answer I get is sorry, it’s a logistical problem. Your car wasn’t picked up. I’ve already sold my other car so now I don’t have a car for another 10 days. Just go buy a car from either a reputable dealer or a person. A place where you can get your car and walk away after payment. don’t waste your time on some idiotic company that makes you wait three weeks before they can get a car to your area.

Alessandra Jacques Charleston, SC

Carvana is the absolute worst. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE. Bought a Honda Fit from here, everything was fine at first but noticed it smelled mildewy after a few weeks. I called Carvana and they said to just let it "air out". I did so for a while, didn't help. Finally I found that water was pooling under the carpets in the rear footwells. Took it to the mechanic, they said it had to be old flood damage that would have been from before the time I purchased it. Quoted a couple grand to fix it. I called Carvana again, and they told me that my 100 day warranty had just expired. After almost an hour of waiting on hold, the rep comes back on and offers to buy it back at 1/3 of what I paid for it. Best they could do even though they sold me a flood damaged vehicle. Nothing else. No help with the cost of repair, just mindlessly repeating that it was out of their warranty. Total rip off and lack of customer service, and now I'm stuck with a molding vehicle.

j booth Washington, DC

My wife and I where sold a vehicle with a bad transmission. After 3 weeks the check engine light came on, so we took it to the certified shop ( pep boys) and found out it needs a new transmission. They knew it needed it and still sold it to us. The code was flashed before it was given to us. Thank God the warranty covered it but they will not cover a rental! And of course we had a family vacation set up that now we have to pay $750 just to rent a van for a week. I would highly recommend getting a mechanic to look over any vehicle you get from them before the first week so you can return the vehicle, and not go though what iam dealing with.

Rodrigo Amengual Pembroke Pines, FL

I reserved a Jeep Wrangler on Feb 6. After waiting and waiting for 2 weeks I decided to look for other options. While doing so -yesterday- the 2016 Jeep Wrangler vanished from my account. I have called 5 times since (twice yesterday and 3 more today) to no avail. I was told that “the engineers” are working on this, that an expedited ticket was open....then that this team of experts has a 7 hour turnaround so that I should be ok by now (since the ticket was opened today around noon) and nothing. This is totally frustrating and completely unacceptable. Just excuses and wasting my time.

Zeke Moya McAllen, TX

The future of car buying is not Carvana. Carvana's verification process for down payment funds (my bank does not connect through plaid) and loan (since my loan is through a third party) is tedious and time consuming. The only reason I wanted to use Carvana was to avoid spending half a day or more dealing with high pressure sales people. Instead, over the span of a week I spent half a day or more in my office and on the phone dealing with Carvana's verification process. Be prepared for long wait times with Carvana's "advocates" and dropped calls. Carvana's process does not make life easier, it merely aggravates the car buying process. Do not recommend. Stick to your local dealer. Even assuming I can close my current deal I will not use Carvana again.

Cleio McDonald-Kerr Fort Lauderdale, FL

selling my car- the online process was smooth and easy. On the day of the appointment the guy refused to show his face so I could match it to his ID. He was wearing a face and neck cover that left only his forehead and eyes visible. If I'm signing over my car plus handing you a check then at least allow me to verify who you are. There were no COVID risks: I wore a KN95 mask, we were outside and I was at least 10 ft away at all times. I even offered to step back as far as 30 feet so he could pull the cover down for for 5 seconds. His claim of feeling uncomfortable because of COVID risk was a cover for being offended that I refused to hand him the check after he asked for it first without showing me any of the paperwork. I showed him the check but asked to review and sign the paperwork before handing off keys and check. When I realized that I had seen his ID but could only see his eyes and asked to see his entire face it got worse. I was polite the whole time even after he refused. He called a supervisor, and after a brief discussion he came back to offer me a picture he claimed to have taken of himself. I didn't see him do it and how does matching picture to picture verify the person wearing almost full face covering in front of me? I wished him a great day and sent him on his way. I rescheduled then later cancelled the 2nd appointment. Sold my car to another company that same day and got a pricing that was $350 higher so I was able to deposit the cashiers check I had drafted up for Carvana , back into my account. COVID is real. As health professional I know this , without doubt. I always wear a mask and would never knowingly put someone at risk of exposure. But common sense is something that should be applied to all situations. No ID, no deal.

Shalyn Bales Norcross, GA

We just sold our van to Carvana today. Can I just say how easy the process was and how awesome our experience with Carvana has been from start to finish. The employee who came and picked up our van was Jim and he was very professional. We will definitely be purchasing from Carvana in the near future.