Carvana

Carvana

Carvana offers a new way to buy a vehicle. The company cuts out the middlemen and dealerships, which translates to a huge savings for customers. Additionally, Carvana offers guarantees and takes trade-ins.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 6.5 5.0 Read Review
#2 5.8 -- Read Review
#3 5.6 10 Read Review
#26 2.7 4.6 Current

The Good

• No Middlemen or Dealerships
  • Certified Vehicles
  • Worry-Free Guarantee
  • Get Prequalified in Two Minutes
  • No Haggling Tool

No Middlemen or Dealerships

Buying a vehicle through Carvana will provide you with a new way to shop. Carvana cuts out the middlemen and dealerships, which means you won't have to pay any hefty dealer fees or sit around at a dealership for hours on end in order to receive financing.

Certified Vehicles

Every vehicle Carvana sells comes with a "Carvana Certification," which means that the car has passed through a rigorous inspection and reconditioning process that includes a 150-point inspection, it has received an oil change, and it has gone through a premium detail.

Worry-Free Guarantee

All Carvana vehicles come with a worry-free guarantee. The company provides you with a free Experian Autocheck vehicle history report prior to purchase and guarantees your new car for 100 days or 4,189 miles, whichever comes first. Carvana also offers a no-questions-asked return policy that allows you to return the vehicle and terminate your contract for any reason with seven days of purchase.

Get Prequalified in Two Minutes

With Carvana, you can get prequalified online in two minutes with no hit to your credit score. You will then receive a real down payment and immediately know what your interest rate and terms will be.

No Haggling Tool

Carvana's "no haggling" tool enables you to shop for a vehicle on your own terms from the comfort of your home. You simply input every combination of what you want into the Finance Dials and Carvana will show you exactly what your interest rate, down payment options, monthly payment, and loan terms will be for the criteria you specified. For example, you could input that you want a payment under $400 on a 48-month term with no money down and the no haggling tool will do the rest.

The Bad

• Limited Free Delivery Locations
  • Restocking Fees
  • No Credit Criteria Provided on Website
  • Lack of Transparency

Limited Free Delivery Locations

Carvana only offers free vehicle delivery to consumers within a 100-mile radius of the following cities:

• Atlanta
  • Raleigh
  • Richmond
  • San Antonio
  • Tampa

Consumers who live outside of the free delivery area must contact Carvana to find out what the cost will be to deliver to their area.

Restocking Fees

Carvana doesn't charge any restocking fees if you live within 100 miles of one of its service areas. However, if you live outside of this radius or have exceeded 400 miles during the seven-day period, you will be charged additional fees.

No Credit Criteria Provided on Website

Unfortunately, it's unclear whether or not Carvana will accept marginal or bad credit applications. There are no credit requirements listed on the company's website.

Lack of Transparency

Carvana doesn't do the best job when it comes to being transparent on its website. For example, the company has not disclosed interest rates, terms, loan amounts, mileage limits, or whether or not it charges prepayment penalties.

The Bottom Line

Carvana offers two-minute pre-qualification, certified vehicles, and a worry-free guarantee. However, the company only offers free delivery to consumers who live in certain areas and is not entirely transparent on its corporate website.

5 Carvana Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

August 5th, 2017 Palm Harbor, FL

I knew the car I was buying ( in Florida)was a New Jersey one owner leased vehicle, and the vehicle history report showed no accidents. But my mechanic was concerned by the amount of rust under the hood, and then he noticed that the car had been painted. There was a visible red streak on one of the headlights. Hmm. Why would someone paint a 4 year old car with no accidents? Dunno, but the car went back...when spending nearly $20K for a car, I need more of a comfort level than I had. Must say, they did not even ask me why I was returning the car, and they paid me the full amount of my trade even though I was no longer buying one of their cars!

3 0

July 24th, 2017

I am sad today I cannot pick up my car. However, the customer service I received from carvana was good in the beginning and then it turned horrific. I started the process to purchase a vehicle on or before July 17,2017. I was told I would be getting a call from the underwriters within 24 to 48 hrs. It never happened. I called back several times only confirming the vehicle was on hold and would be available for pickup on Monday July 24,2017. I also wanted to be picked from the airport (it was offered to me along with a $200 gift card). I discovered on Sunday July 23,2017 by Grace and Logan the car was taken off hold put back on the market for sale on Sunday morning and sold within hours of being off hold. Grace was rude and argumentative she told me that the car I wanted was sold after hours of being released. Grace also told me they could not open the pdf I had sent on my license and for me to resend it. I ask her why would I do that when you do not have the car I wanted. She then hung up on me (I am like wow really). I called back to talk with Logan. He instantly began taunting mocking me, (I have a deep southern accent), kept saying something is wrong with your phone, did you say email or nail or saying 5 or 2. After we had gotten pass that Logan started demanding I take him off speaker phone. I told him I was in an empty room. At that point, I had become even more frustrated to the point I ask to speak to a supervisor and he put me on hold for 15mins. Needless to say, I was never put in contact with a supervisor. I thought Ernie said it would haggle free and less stress then dealing with a regular dealership. I did not experience the ease Mr. Ernie G spoke about. I trusted Mr. G and he let me down.

3 1

July 21st, 2017

unprofessional company, people are toxic and abusive. Dont work here or buy from them

2 1

March 23rd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working with Mr. B for the past couple weeks and I have had nothing but a great experience! I highly recommend Carvana!

0 1

January 28th, 2017 Thompsons Station, TN

I don't understand this review on here. I am currently buying a car ... 1. Carvana provides the interest rate for you when approved and is very clear about that along with the terms for every car you look at. (Love that about Carvana) 2. If you don't live in a city close enough for delivery they offer you an instant 200 dollar flight credit. They will pick you up at the airport and take you to their car vending machine to do all you need to do and you can drive your car home. 3. You have one week up to 4000 miles no questions asked to return the car. 4. The process is very simple. Customer service has been very easy to work with and up front. It's a great deal.

1 3