Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Carvana

Carvana Logo

5.0

Carvana

Carvana is not entirely transparent on its corporate website

Carvana offers a new way to buy a vehicle. The company cuts out the middlemen and dealerships, which translates to a huge savings for customers. Additionally, Carvana offers guarantees and takes trade-ins.

America First Logo America First ›

8.1

Overall
Score

Wells Fargo Logo Wells Fargo ›

7.9

Overall
Score

USAA Logo USAA ›

7.6

Overall
Score

Carvana Logo Carvana ›

5.0

Overall
Score

The Good

• No Middlemen or Dealerships
  • Certified Vehicles
  • Worry-Free Guarantee
  • Get Prequalified in Two Minutes
  • No Haggling Tool

No Middlemen or Dealerships

Buying a vehicle through Carvana will provide you with a new way to shop. Carvana cuts out the middlemen and dealerships, which means you won't have to pay any hefty dealer fees or sit around at a dealership for hours on end in order to receive financing.

Certified Vehicles

Every vehicle Carvana sells comes with a "Carvana Certification," which means that the car has passed through a rigorous inspection and reconditioning process that includes a 150-point inspection, it has received an oil change, and it has gone through a premium detail.

Worry-Free Guarantee

All Carvana vehicles come with a worry-free guarantee. The company provides you with a free Experian Autocheck vehicle history report prior to purchase and guarantees your new car for 100 days or 4,189 miles, whichever comes first. Carvana also offers a no-questions-asked return policy that allows you to return the vehicle and terminate your contract for any reason with seven days of purchase.

Get Prequalified in Two Minutes

With Carvana, you can get prequalified online in two minutes with no hit to your credit score. You will then receive a real down payment and immediately know what your interest rate and terms will be.

No Haggling Tool

Carvana's "no haggling" tool enables you to shop for a vehicle on your own terms from the comfort of your home. You simply input every combination of what you want into the Finance Dials and Carvana will show you exactly what your interest rate, down payment options, monthly payment, and loan terms will be for the criteria you specified. For example, you could input that you want a payment under $400 on a 48-month term with no money down and the no haggling tool will do the rest.

The Bad

• Limited Free Delivery Locations
  • Restocking Fees
  • No Credit Criteria Provided on Website
  • Lack of Transparency

Limited Free Delivery Locations

Carvana only offers free vehicle delivery to consumers within a 100-mile radius of the following cities:

• Atlanta
  • Raleigh
  • Richmond
  • San Antonio
  • Tampa

Consumers who live outside of the free delivery area must contact Carvana to find out what the cost will be to deliver to their area.

Restocking Fees

Carvana doesn't charge any restocking fees if you live within 100 miles of one of its service areas. However, if you live outside of this radius or have exceeded 400 miles during the seven-day period, you will be charged additional fees.

No Credit Criteria Provided on Website

Unfortunately, it's unclear whether or not Carvana will accept marginal or bad credit applications. There are no credit requirements listed on the company's website.

Lack of Transparency

Carvana doesn't do the best job when it comes to being transparent on its website. For example, the company has not disclosed interest rates, terms, loan amounts, mileage limits, or whether or not it charges prepayment penalties.

The Bottom Line

Carvana offers two-minute pre-qualification, certified vehicles, and a worry-free guarantee. However, the company only offers free delivery to consumers who live in certain areas and is not entirely transparent on its corporate website.

2.4

Bill DeVoe
November 6th, 2018 Littleton, CO DETAILS

The purchasing experience was pretty straightforward, but the team failed to do a thorough detailing job before dropping it off (we found trash and old french fries in the car). Additionally, they offer to handle your registration for plates, but there are no options for vanity or specialty plates and - in my case - they failed to take action quickly enough to prevent me from having to go the DMV in person (which was the entire intent of that service). While the car is a solid 4.5/5, the experience, the customer service, and the problems they created that I had to solve in person dropped that review to a solid 3/5.

NAT DUNN
November 2nd, 2018 Watkinsville, GA

My experience was not a good one. Went through process all the way to the last step, the payment process. I call to apply a referral voucher and the rep lets me know in a cheerful voice that the car is not available and is locked by another person. Was under the understanding that once you start going through the steps it locks the car and gives you time to complete the payment step at the end. Why would their system let you continue to go through the steps of purchase if the car is no longer available?? Cannot recommend Carvana. Complete waste of time!

Matthew
October 23rd, 2018 Waco, TX DETAILS

I'm a repeat Carvana customer. Most recently, I tried to buy a particular Land Rover that I've been hunting for quite some time. Finally, I found the right one, initiated the purchase, and entered information for my trade. My trade is a 2017 BMW M2. That particular car had only 2 options available and my car only has 5,500 miles, so it should have been a relatively easy appraisal. For some reason it wasn't. Carvana told me to sit tight because their algorithm was stumped. I did because I thought the Land Rover I wanted to buy was reserved. Apparently, it wasn't. By the time Carvana made an offer on my car (an offer I would haven taken) and I tried to close the deal, the Land Rover had already been sold to someone else. Bottom line: algorithms are great, but without people, customers lose. Had I been able to talk to a real person, I would have known what to do, how to reserve the car, and I'm be a repeat Carvana customer. Instead, I'm shopping elsewhere and avoiding the frustration of dealing with algorithms. I'd avoid shopping on this platform for anything that's rare, unusual, or interesting. If you're trying to buy a toaster on wheels, Carvana is for you because their lack of customer service can be overcome by providing a similar vehicle. If there aren't similar vehicles, then you're out of luck, as am I. Also, for what it's worth, it took me 15 minutes of searching to figure out how to leave a review. That's telling.

Julie
October 19th, 2018 Mechanicsville, VA

Excellent from start to finish. Easy process, wonderful customer service, smooth and problem free. Very pleased with my whole experience. Will use again!

Dareryan
October 15th, 2018 Union City, GA DETAILS

The worst experience I’ve ever had buying a car. They would not work out a delivery time with me so I had to pick it up. The representative was very rude and unprofessional. The car had several scratches and missing paint. Trash was in the back seat pockets and human hair was also on the back seat. The representative did not want to answer any of my questions about why the car was in this condition. The representative closed their garage on me as I was taking pictures and said are you buying the car or not? Got loud with me and made up lies when I asked for a manager. I received no additional help and the car was not purchased. Cooperate office was the same as they did not return any of my phone calls. It is a privilege to receive my business and money. A very disheartening experience. I would not recommend Carvana to anyone.

Michael Conover
September 27th, 2018 Frankfort, KY DETAILS

This process is supposed to save time and hassle, but it doesn't. In the future I would rather spend one day off at a dealership vs gathering documents multiple times and cramming in emails and numerous phone calls for two weeks. Pros: The two transport drivers that I worked with were great. The first one Josh called to tell me that my vehicle was damaged, had mismatched paint colors and was likely in an unreported accident. He was very honest and I appreciated his integrity. He even gave me his cell number and told me to call him when I found another car I liked so he could check it out on his end and see if it had been returned for any reason. The 2nd transport driver was John. He called ahead, was timely, and explained the process well. Cons: 1.) I have had to put in a lot of time and effort. The process has not been seemless. Since the 1st vehicle was undeliverable I had to start the whole buying process again. Not the fun stuff like shopping for the car, but re-uploading all the documents(trade in, odometer, registration, 10 day pay-off, drivers license front and back, marriage license, and my wife's previous divorce decree). I also had to have my trade in re-assessed. 2.) The car was not as advertised. I'm on day 6 of my test drive, sounds like a simple fix right? Wrong! After you purchase a vehicle, you no longer talk to the sweet customer service agents that are trying to sell you a car. Your phone number routes you to the after sales team where you go through prompts and then get silver rock (Carvanas 3rd party warranty company). Here are the problems with the car: - At 60mph eveything in the car shakes violently. (This helped me notice the next issue) - Plastic surrounding the drivers seat is broken. The clips are sheared off. -The key fob doesn't work completely. Only lock and unlock buttons operate. -Rubber weatherproofing door trim on interior front passanger door is dry rotted and torn. -My children could have detailed the car better. There was so much overspray of oil in the interior. The sides of the leather seats are spotted like a Dalmatian. Also when I put the third row down there were piles of dirt, which showed that the detailers barely vacuumed the car out. What else am I going to find? I thought that having a 7 day test drive would mean that Carvana stands behind their cars, but they don't. It will become your problem to call a shop, and schedule a diagnosis. If silver rock doesn't pay up front you will have to (unless you can afford to have the vehicle sit as hostage at the shop until Silver rock determines whats covered). Unfortunately for me I dont have that luxury as this is my family's only vehicle. Also note that rental car fees are reimbursed IF they are deemed necessary. Want to know what is covered under the warranty? Me too, but when I asked about specifics I was redirected to search on yourvehiclecare.com. Um Hello.....if I found what I was looking for online, I wouldn't have wasted more of my time calling in for help. Overall, easy delivery and friendly customer service until you accept the vehicle, then you are the redheaded step child that is responsible for all of the leg work to fix any issues (if they are covered). Point is, don't waste your time with carvana just go into a dealership. Trust me it is less time consuming. If you do purchase with Carvana, then cross your fingers that everythings perfect because if not they wont help you.

Amanda vansickle
September 19th, 2018 Ontario, CA DETAILS

Well I bought a car at the end of May and I just noticed that the back bumper is off on the side just a little bit I took it to Hyundai dealership they said who ever had the car before me replace the clip on the fender and didn't do a good job so now I'm stuck with a broken fender that I have to pay 800 for if I want it fixed mind you I've only had the car for four months And they said it was fixed once before so yeah I bought a damaged car and they don't care so much for working hard to have something nice when It all goes bad ugh don not recommend carvana check your car through

Tammy R
September 13th, 2018 Gulfport, MS DETAILS

The process was so simple! Very easy to search cars. They give you the price of the vehicle ,what your down payment will be, finance rate and exact payment. Delivery was awesome. Every time I’ve called with even the smallest questions they have been amazing. They extended warranty coverage is top notch! I work for a car dealership and Carvana’s way was so much easier. I have recommended them to many people. My boyfriend even bought a car from them after seeing how easy it was. If I decide to by another vehicle..Carvana will be my go to place!

Ryan Glynn
September 13th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

I ordered a Nissan Armada Platinum two weeks ago. The family was excited about getting a new SUV. Then I find out today that it's not in fact a Platinum but a bottom of the line SV. That is a unacceptable on behalf of Carvana. It is a really bad first impression as well. I can't believe you would let a customer believe they are getting a certain car "Platinum" and two weeks later you find out it is a SV. I will definetely be filing a claim with the better business bureau for deceiving business practices.

Tg
September 12th, 2018 Plant City, FL DETAILS

I was looking to trade in my 9 month old car and was getting the same song and dance from dealers. I inherently despise working with sales people, so this process for me I usually infuriating and stressful. I looked on line and saw these cars pop up for carvana...a little reluctant at first because who buys a car online sight unseen? I called them up and talked to a rep who was very helpful. Never was there any pressure from the rep to purchase, they simply answered my questions and told me to have a good day. I took a chance and about 30 mins later I had purchased a car. Part of what made me go for it is the 7 day trial. I chose to pick it up at their location and the whole process took 20 mins. Best car buying experience I've ever had and a good reason to never buy a new car again. My car is only a yr old, and so I felt it was less of a risk than buying a much older one. Some were priced fair and some were above market rate, but may be worth it to not have to deal with a salesperson! The negative: they claimed there was an oil change done on the car and the filters were changed....neither were done. My husband works on cars and that was the first thing he checked. I would've been ok doing this once purchased, but it was not ok to be told it had been done. There was also a bit if a snafu with my plates. They were supposed to transfer, but they ended up ordering me new ones. I called and they refunded me the difference. I am happy with how it was handled. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I would do it again!

Gary Friesz
August 29th, 2018 Lexington, KY DETAILS

So I was looking for a hard to find car on Carvana and as I went through the process of shopping on their site they asked to value my trade in. So I filled out the form and got an appraisal on my 2016 Kia Optima. Unfortunately I was unable to find the model I was I was looking for. So I went to several other sites in my search and found a car I wanted to buy. So the dealership I was negotiating with also sent me an appraisal on my KIA but it was $1300 less than the Carvana appraisal. So I contacted Carvana and asked if the appraisal was only valid on a purchase and they said no we will but your car for that price! They made an appointment and picked up my car and 7 days later I received the check and the deal was done. Communications were excellent, they actually answer the phone and allow you to talk to a real person and they were a pleasure to do business with. I highly recommend Carvana...

Charley
August 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I purchased in August 8, 2018. I drove from Shreveport to Dallas to avoid paying $499 for a delivery. It was okay because we love traveling to Texas. Purchasing my car through Carvana was an experience I will never forget!

David Eduardo Núñez Nunez
August 15th, 2018 Homestead, FL

Bait and switch alert! they did't not honered the APR terms that I got in the pre-qualification process, I reserved a car 12 day later they just change my terms raising the interest rate by %2.2. they refused to honored the initial financing terms... They did not listen to reason, I talked to two "Customer Care Advocate" ( that just focus on what is best for the carvana) that did nothing to help nor to keep a costumer, they rather let you go to shop a car in carmax that keep a happy customer. after this experience car dealer shark tank feels better... ( al least you know in advance that they are going to F in the A)

The Collins Family
August 13th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL

A friend of ours referred us to Carvana. That is when the nightmare started. We entered all of the needed information in the system and revived a confirmation with the 1st offer, pending income verification. We sent in the requested pay stub (the company we work for is a non profit and doesn't provide direct deposit). Apparently the incompetent underwriting staff at Carvana "assumed" the income verification provided was not adequate, and asked for the "cancelled" checks to "match" the check stubs provided implying that the check stub provided were fraudulent.. We sent those in as well. The the underwriting staff calls and changes the terms of the agreement giving us our 2nd offer, "because we are contract employees who revives a 1099 and not W-2's. " We verified hat we are regular employees and receive w-2's at the end of the year and we asked where the received this information, and we were told that due to the check stubs not having a YTD amount it was "assumed" that we worked contract status. The underwriting staff then went back and recalculated and gave us yet the 3rd amount for the car we selected. At this point we declined to due business with Carvana. My suggestion Carvana is to hire competent staff that do not make assumptions on customers honesty based on the spelling of their name. It makes no sense that we should receive 3 different amounts with the same data. I am wondering if our name was not "ethnic" and was as nondescript as "John Smith" if we would have revived the same poor customer service?

Charlotte Scott
August 1st, 2018 Norcross, GA

Hello, my experience was excellent from beginning to end!!! I found the car that I always wanted!!! It had a few hiccups, but carvana rectified them quickly!! I recieved my car on 7/26/18 . Let me tell you everything was taken care of by 7/30/18. The took care of it with no hesitation!!! I am so happy with my purchase, overall the whole process!!!

Traci
July 26th, 2018 DETAILS

The purchase process was easy. However, the Navigation system on the vehicle did not work. I contacted the company and their solution was to have it repaired or return the vehicle. The customer service "advocates" were condescending in their responses (after being on hold for nearly 45 minutes). I would not recommend buying through Carvana - they don't offer good customer service after the sale and their solution is to inconvenience the customer with their mistakes.

Tim millikin
July 10th, 2018 Springfield, MO

poor customer service will nit help at all and send paper work did not respond keep changing all paperwork and locations and will not delivery as site says rating a f

Tiffany Small
June 25th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

I am extremely happy with my experience with Carvana from the beginning to the end. I signed up with them back in December of 2017 but as most folks I was a little skeptical about the whole buying a car online. After months of looking for a car and the continue no or request for outrageous down payments I decided to give Carvana a try for real. The whole process took me less than a week to complete. I purchased a 2016 Chrysler 300c and I am loving every inch of this car. It is beautiful and runs smoothly. I even had my mechanic check it out to make sure nothing was rigged on it and it passed the test. The delivery of the car was AWESOME!! The guy, I think is name was Dan or Danny, called to let me know when he would arrive and he made it there at the exact time that he said he would. I immediately fell in love with the car because it was exactly what I had purchased. I fall in love with it more and more each day because I'm finding more features that it has. I would recommend Carvana to my friends, family and anyone who is looking for a car. Carvana has a gained a customer for life with me!! Thank you Carvana for this great experience!!!

FATMATA DABO
November 27th, 2017 Columbus, OH

Useless, worthless and unbelievable rubbish. If you are an immigrant then don't bother with this racist company. I have never in my life seen this type of rubbish with a company. I have been in the USA for over 18 years and have financed car with no problem till i tried to get a car through these foolish company.The responsibility of a car company is to make sure the client have a valid driver licensed, credit, down payment and insurance. Can you believe this company ask for your immigration document to they can finance the car for the length of your immigration card? WTF? everyone knows immigration documents gets renewed yearly and under law this has nothing to do with a car company. Every document i provided them was valid and not expired but now i have no choice but to sue them in court and warn other online about this filth call carvana.

Ricardo Mendiola
November 10th, 2017 Kearny, NJ

I found a Toyota 4 runner 4x4 with a 3rd row seat online thru Carvana. Well basically you have to buy the car before you even see or test drive the vehicle. You can not see the vehicle first you have to buy then they will deliver it. You have to give them a copy of your dl, bank account, you have to give them the money for the vehicle, get insurance on the car, sign the buyer agreement before you even see the car. This has been horrible experience. I promise if they keep this business model they will be out of business very soon.

Patricia Dambrosio
August 7th, 2017 Palm Harbor, FL

I knew the car I was buying ( in Florida)was a New Jersey one owner leased vehicle, and the vehicle history report showed no accidents. But my mechanic was concerned by the amount of rust under the hood, and then he noticed that the car had been painted. There was a visible red streak on one of the headlights. Hmm. Why would someone paint a 4 year old car with no accidents? Dunno, but the car went back...when spending nearly $20K for a car, I need more of a comfort level than I had. Must say, they did not even ask me why I was returning the car, and they paid me the full amount of my trade even though I was no longer buying one of their cars!

Brandon Scott
July 24th, 2017

I am sad today I cannot pick up my car. However, the customer service I received from carvana was good in the beginning and then it turned horrific. I started the process to purchase a vehicle on or before July 17,2017. I was told I would be getting a call from the underwriters within 24 to 48 hrs. It never happened. I called back several times only confirming the vehicle was on hold and would be available for pickup on Monday July 24,2017. I also wanted to be picked from the airport (it was offered to me along with a $200 gift card). I discovered on Sunday July 23,2017 by Grace and Logan the car was taken off hold put back on the market for sale on Sunday morning and sold within hours of being off hold. Grace was rude and argumentative she told me that the car I wanted was sold after hours of being released. Grace also told me they could not open the pdf I had sent on my license and for me to resend it. I ask her why would I do that when you do not have the car I wanted. She then hung up on me (I am like wow really). I called back to talk with Logan. He instantly began taunting mocking me, (I have a deep southern accent), kept saying something is wrong with your phone, did you say email or nail or saying 5 or 2. After we had gotten pass that Logan started demanding I take him off speaker phone. I told him I was in an empty room. At that point, I had become even more frustrated to the point I ask to speak to a supervisor and he put me on hold for 15mins. Needless to say, I was never put in contact with a supervisor. I thought Ernie said it would haggle free and less stress then dealing with a regular dealership. I did not experience the ease Mr. Ernie G spoke about. I trusted Mr. G and he let me down.

joe
July 21st, 2017

unprofessional company, people are toxic and abusive. Dont work here or buy from them

Don Baker
March 23rd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working with Mr. B for the past couple weeks and I have had nothing but a great experience! I highly recommend Carvana!

Tracy Wilson
January 30th, 2017 Thompsons Station, TN

I don't understand this review on here. I am currently buying a car ... 1. Carvana provides the interest rate for you when approved and is very clear about that along with the terms for every car you look at. (Love that about Carvana) 2. If you don't live in a city close enough for delivery they offer you an instant 200 dollar flight credit. They will pick you up at the airport and take you to their car vending machine to do all you need to do and you can drive your car home. 3. You have one week up to 4000 miles no questions asked to return the car. 4. The process is very simple. Customer service has been very easy to work with and up front. It's a great deal.