Carvana offers a new and unique way to buy a vehicle, providing consumers with the opportunity to pre-qualify for an auto loan that will give them access to Carvana's expansive inventory of cars, tailored to the consumer's financing terms and with no impact to their credit score. To become pre-qualified, a consumer fills out a two-minute application form, and then receives competitive rates that are valid for 45 days.

The lender works with all types of credit, including bad credit, and there are just three minimum borrower requirements:

• Minimum age: 18
  • Minimum annual income: $4,000
  • No active bankruptcies

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus Carvana reviews from real customers.

#1 America First chevron_right
#2 Mountain America chevron_right
#3 USAA chevron_right
4.1

The Good

• No Middleman or Dealerships
  • Certified Vehicles
  • Worry-Free Guarantee
  • Get Prequalified in Two Minutes
  • No Haggling Tool

No Middleman or Dealerships

Buying a vehicle through Carvana will provide you with a new way to shop. Carvana cuts out the middleman and dealerships, which means you won't have to pay any hefty dealer fees or sit around at a dealership for hours on end in order to receive financing.

Certified Vehicles

Every vehicle Carvana sells comes with a "Carvana Certification," which means that the car has passed through a rigorous inspection and reconditioning process that includes a 150-point inspection, an oil change, and a premium detail.

Worry-Free Guarantee

All Carvana vehicles come with a worry-free guarantee. The company provides you with a free Experian Autocheck vehicle history report prior to purchase and guarantees your new car for 100 days or 4,189 miles, whichever comes first.

Carvana also offers a no-questions-asked return policy that allows you to return the vehicle and terminate your contract for any reason within seven days of purchase.

Get Prequalified in Two Minutes

With Carvana, you can get prequalified online in two minutes with no hit to your credit score. You will then receive a real down payment and immediately know what interest rate and terms are available to you.

No Haggling Tool

Carvana's "no haggling" tool enables you to shop for a vehicle on your own terms from the comfort of your home. You simply input every combination of what you want into the Finance Dials and Carvana will show you exactly what your interest rate, down payment options, monthly payment, and loan terms will be for the criteria you specified.

For example, you could input that you want a payment under $400 on a 48-month term with no money down and the no haggling tool will do the rest.

The Bad

• Limited Free Delivery Locations
  • Restocking Fees
  • No Joint Financing
  • Lack of Transparency

Limited Free Delivery Locations

Carvana only offers free vehicle delivery to consumers within a 100-mile radius of the following cities:

• Atlanta
  • Raleigh
  • Richmond
  • San Antonio
  • Tampa

Consumers who live outside of the free delivery area must contact Carvana to find out what the cost will be to deliver to their area.

Restocking Fees

Carvana doesn't charge any restocking fees if you live within 100 miles of one of its service areas. However, if you live outside of this radius or have exceeded 400 miles during the seven-day period, you will be charged additional fees.

No Joint Financing

Carvana finances single-buyer loans. If you want to get a joint loan with a co-signer, you will have to fund through a different car loan company.

Lack of Transparency

Carvana doesn't do the best job when it comes to being transparent on its website. For example, the company has not disclosed interest rates, terms, loan amounts, or mileage limits.

The Bottom Line

Carvana offers two-minute pre-qualification, certified vehicles, and a worry-free guarantee. However, the company only offers free delivery to consumers who live in certain areas and is not entirely transparent on its corporate website.

2.0

Jezidee

January 15th, 2021 Norwich, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The car I bought works great, I really like it. Only thing was Carvana took two months to get my registration sent to DMV. Also they charged me for new plates when I kept my old plates.

keith Hegemann

January 15th, 2021 Tacoma, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would not recommend, they are good service until you receive your car and then you are on your own. I bought a $34,000 car and would never use them again. I am currently on hold with caravan, have been for 45 minutes. it prompted me that I still have a wait time of over 30 minutes. And for many other reasons. Trust me if you are on the fence about using Caravan. I say don't do it.

Cleio McDonald-Kerr

January 13th, 2021 Fort Lauderdale, FL

selling my car- the online process was smooth and easy. On the day of the appointment the guy refused to show his face so I could match it to his ID. He was wearing a face and neck cover that left only his forehead and eyes visible. If I'm signing over my car plus handing you a check then at least allow me to verify who you are. There were no COVID risks: I wore a KN95 mask, we were outside and I was at least 10 ft away at all times. I even offered to step back as far as 30 feet so he could pull the cover down for for 5 seconds. His claim of feeling uncomfortable because of COVID risk was a cover for being offended that I refused to hand him the check after he asked for it first without showing me any of the paperwork. I showed him the check but asked to review and sign the paperwork before handing off keys and check. When I realized that I had seen his ID but could only see his eyes and asked to see his entire face it got worse. I was polite the whole time even after he refused. He called a supervisor, and after a brief discussion he came back to offer me a picture he claimed to have taken of himself. I didn't see him do it and how does matching picture to picture verify the person wearing almost full face covering in front of me? I wished him a great day and sent him on his way. I rescheduled then later cancelled the 2nd appointment. Sold my car to another company that same day and got a pricing that was $350 higher so I was able to deposit the cashiers check I had drafted up for Carvana , back into my account. COVID is real. As health professional I know this , without doubt. I always wear a mask and would never knowingly put someone at risk of exposure. But common sense is something that should be applied to all situations. No ID, no deal.

Tammy Farris

January 12th, 2021 Indianapolis, IN

The process was quick and the easiest purchase I have ever made. My SUV was delivered clean and I’m totally in love with the vehicle it was perfect just as the pictures showed. I’m so glad I went will Carvana everyone I’ve had contact with has been very professional and helpful. I definitely recommend them with your next car purchase you won’t be disappointed.

Kevin Wise

January 12th, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First time using Carvana. I traded my car and purchased one from Carvana. I was able to get a good price for my trade which was used toward the price for my new vehicle. I took my time when deciding on my vehicle from a huge stock of cars. I was able to check the Carfax for each vehicle on their website. The process was all online and no pressure placed on me. When I was ready to make the purchase I submitted my request. I was given a choice for delivery that was within few days from date of submission of my order. The representative was on time to drop off my car and pick up my trade. I took the car for a test drive and then reviewed the paperwork and signed for the transaction. Smooth transition and the representative was very professional and friendly. I will definitely use Carvana again. I got a high quality loaded 1 year old low mileage GMC Acadia at an excellent price. Even added extended warranty to 60,000 miles with all the money saved. Vehicle like brand new.

It’s Moos

January 6th, 2021 ,

I got an offer from Carvana on my car for approximately $30,400 there was a little rip on the upper door panel which to replace it it cost about less than $100 because of that they send me another offer for $22,500 a total of $8000 for a door panel that cost less than $100 they are buying times and they are rip off in my experience with them is they delay the offer And then hit you with a low price it was a game that’s all I can say

Robert Rogers

January 6th, 2021 Tifton, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As many have previously stated, the original deal went fairly smooth and the car was as advertised. However the registration process is ongoing and I bought the car 10/24/20. Today is 01/06/21. Horrible customer service. Will never make this mistake again. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

R J Robinson

January 5th, 2021 Ashland, KY

Too many phone calls, texts. Too many "advocates". Too much verification because each item requires a separate verifier. Too much confusion, as advocate 1 does not have a clue as to what advocate 2 said 10 minutes prior. Total actual time on text, phone, e-mail to complete transaction was in excess of 3 hours. I don't think any one person has a grasp on what the whole process entails.

Betsy Jones

January 3rd, 2021 Torrington, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just wanted to call out that Shawn from Carvana was AMAZING!!! He went above and beyond to deliver our car as soon as possible. Our driveway was tricky to access and he did such a good job navigating the drop off!! He was extremely knowledgeable, kind, patient, friendly, and professional. It really made the entire experience for us. Having an employee like Shawn really develops a positive customer connection to Carvana as a brand.

Lawrence Perez

January 2nd, 2021 Pittsburg, CA

Had a horrible experience purchasing and trading in a vehicle. I started the process around 12/12/2020 and got my dates pushed back multiple times due to mistakes from either the staff or the bank. Spoke with multiple different people and was told that I could get an extension on my deadline until my loan went through the funding list. However, it was written as some sort of note and it did nothing to hold my delivery dates. I was pushed back from the delivery date of 12/25/2020 to 12/30/2020 and then to 01/05/2020. Was horribly frustrating. The only thing I can give any praise to is the friendliness of the staff.

Justin Brawley

January 2nd, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently went to look at getting a car from Carvana and after doing the appraisal process they offered me $120 for a 2014 Ford Focus in good condition. What a slap in the face. I could get more taking it to the scrap yard. They should lose all respect for a stunt like that. I ended up going to Carmax and received $5500 for my car and drive off in a wonderful 2020 Ford.

Alyssa Murray

December 29th, 2020 Baltimore, MD

Excellent company! The offer we received for our vehicle exceeded our expectations (Kelly blue book). The process took 48 hours from start to finish. The customer service we received from Damaris was more than remarkable, she was a pleasure doing business with. Would highly recommend using Carvana for any vehicle needs and will be a returning customer.

Juan Canales

December 29th, 2020 Philadelphia, PA

Do not do business with them. They offer me $21,500 for my 2019 Honda CRV EX L with 9,600 miles. In the meantime they had one for sale with more miles for $28000. I went to Turnersville Toyota in New Jersey and got $24,500 for it.

Stacy Rawlins

December 27th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a first time buyer with Carvana and I have to say I was a little skeptical. Everyone that I have spoke to at Carvana have been nothing but pleasant and very helpful. I would definitely do this process again in a heartbeat!!

Josh Dahlen

December 9th, 2020 Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i bought a car and financed it through them. got my delivery conformation. called 3 days later to verify the delivery and was told that the car was sold to someone else! Dont waste your time with this company. they will screw you over.

victoria otis

December 8th, 2020 Concord, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When purchasing my first vehicle by Carvana, it was a 2016 E- Golf Volkswagen. I placed a $1,100.00 deposit on the car, and 2 days later the car arrived. When the vehicle arrived, it was sent to me with a Nissan Charger. The Nissan Charger would not work on the Volkswagen, not to mention the car's battery itself. With hours of time waiting for my e-golf to get any kind of charge, the maximum available charge was 80 miles.   all of which lasted me about 30. Carvana advised us to go to  a PEP BOYS, open a claim, and they will cover the cost of a new charger. Pep Boys said they cannot work on the car because they do not have the equipment, and we need to take it to a VolkWagon Dealership. (All of this just for the correct charger). After 3 days we got an appointment at a Volkswagen dealership (day 5 of having the car). They kept the car for 2 weeks to run a diagnostic, and then gave me the correct charger for the car. Please recall that Carvana has a "7 day return policy" so we were unable to drive the vehicle to see if it even worked because it was delivered to us with the incorrect charger. After driving the car for 2 days, the electric tank proved to be faulty when I was stranded on the side of the road. The car said I had 50 miles until empty, then after a mile it drained to 5 miles, and suddenly the car ran out of charge and I was stranded. The next day I spoke to a Carvana advocate who advised me to use the Volkswagen as a trade-in for a new vehicle and NEVER mentioned anything about negative equity. The advocate told me that since the Volkswagen isn't driveable (due to its faulty battery when delivered), that they would do an event trade for my vehicle. The next day when I chose my vehicle for a trade in , a different advocate told me that the Volkswagen lost $3,000.00 in equity since it was in my ownership, which is completely understandable but annoying because that is not what I was told the day before.Therefore, I selected a vehicle for $3,000.00 less than my original car, which resulted in me losing my $1,100.00 deposit for the Volkswagen. Since the car was returned, the security deposit should be returned as well, hense security deposit.  After finding the Mini Cooper for $3,000.00 less than my original purchase, we were told we needed to place a $100.00 deposit to hold the vehicle. After a month went by and the vehicle I selected still wasn't posted, we called Carvana to check the status of the Mini Cooper, an advocate explained we needed to pay another $100.00 to hold it for another month since it wasnt ready. On 12/4/2020 the Mini Cooper was Delivered. Not even 10 miles into driving the car, the engine light came in and the car started shaking. I was scared for my life in my new vehicle. When I returned home, we immediately scheduled to have the car picked up on Saturday 12/5/2020. Today, 12/7/2020 I was charged $400.00 for the delivery of ANOTHER faulty vehicle by Carvana.  When asking for a refund for all the money dumped into 2 faulty cars, Carvana says "The reasoning behind this is because Volkswagen was used as a trade and had negative equity of $2800. The $400 would have to go towards that negative equity. The reasoning behind this is because Volkswagen was used as a trade and had negative equity of $2800.00 The $400.00 would have to go towards that negative equity. You do have the option to take the Volkswagen back to avoid having this negative equity that has to be paid, but otherwise that is going to remain a due balance. I also ran the insurance by my management and confirmed that we are unable to refund that as well since you owned the Volkswagen and used it as a trade"  Not only did they give 2 faulty vehicles, take over $2,000.00 from me for cars I was not driving, they now say I OWE THEM MONEY. If anyone can offer me any advice or help on this matter please reach out.

Matt Huffman

December 7th, 2020 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After sales customer service is no existent. And "Sebastian", the AI customer service feature, is a joke. Good luck trying to get a response from anyone.

Kali

December 4th, 2020 Lexington Park, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Carvana has been horrific and stressful. I regret even dealing with the company. There were problems from the start. After selecting a vehicle, submitting the requested documents, and verifying funds, I received a quick turnaround and received an email congratulating me on the purchase and confirmation of the delivery date. Great right!? Not the case. Hours later, when I logged into the portal to inquire about adding an extended warranty, I receive a message stating that the vehicle was no longer available and there were 1000's of other vehicles to choose from. I called Carvana, and an advocate declared that the car had a pending sale by another buyer! And couldn't figure out why or how'd that happened. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for the other prospective buyer, the advocate placed the car back in my cart and had to call the other buyer and make them aware that the vehicle was listed by mistake and was already pending a sale. So unprofessional. The advocate made me aware that I would need to submit all the required documents, sign a contract again, and choose another delivery date. Before signing the contract again, I edited my order to add another $4000 to my down payment, bringing it to $23,000. Nope, Carvana's system did not like that and caused further headaches. Fast-forward to after the delivery (within seven days guaranteed period). Carvana has an issue with misleading advertisement of their vehicles. In the vehicle listing for the car I purchased, the damage to the paint was not disclosed. With the lack of disclosure/transparency, I was under the impression that there was no notable cosmetic damage to the vehicle. I advised Carvana of the issue like I was instructed to do within the first seven days after receiving the car. When concerning undisclosed damage, it states on the Carvana website, "if the cosmetic concerns are within our standards," What does this mean? The statement is very subjective, especially if there is no scale to measure Carvana's standard, nor is the obscure measure disclosed to consumers. This leads me to believe this "standard" is fluid and not concrete and based on the after purchase advocate's perception of the vehicle's acceptable condition. Up until now, I was given the impression that all undisclosed issues presented within the first seven days will be rectified until this morning. As of today, I am out of my seven day return period, so I don't have the option to return due to Carvana's deception. The Carvana buying experience has been horrible, the opposite of a seamless and haggle-free purchase process. I shouldn't have to haggle with the company to remedy issues that weren't noted in the vehicle listing, i.e., a door entry remote with a non-working battery, the non-existent media system that Carvana claimed the vehicle had, the car indicating an oil change is required, undisclosed paint damage, the vehicle was not detailed and smells like heavy cigarette smoke and a foul stench that I can't identify, white crust/crude affixed to the door cubby and cup holders... the seats weren't even wiped down. There is visible dirt smudges and white powder stuff on them. On both side mirrors, there is an adhesive residuum (possibly from the previous owner gluing aftermarket blind spot mirrors), which obstructs a significant portion of each mirror. The leftover adhesive cannot be removed simply with soap and water. Moreover, there isn't a front license plate bracket on the car, so that's another thing I have to pay for on top of having to pay for a rental due to delivery date changes. If I would have known about all the hidden risks associated with purchasing a car through Carvana.

ashley

December 3rd, 2020 Aurora, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zero star, Caravan sold me a car that was a LEMON!!!! not even two and a half months of having the car I had to take it in to the shop because it needed a WHOLE NEW ENGINE not on the car fax's. then it spend over two months in the shop due to the lack of communiction with the warranty company. After just having my car back a little over a month it broke down once again on me and now it maybe the STARTER OR ALTENATOR!!!!!!! NEITHER CARVANA OR SLIVER ROCK WARRANTY give me the courtesy of letting me know that my warranty was going to expire and not give me the option extend it, CARVANA never offer me the carvana care package. This whole experience has been unpleasant I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND buying from them and if you do I recommend having a mechanic handy before signing anything because they don't give a shit about the buyer and will sell a LEMON!!!!

Cindy Jackson

December 2nd, 2020 Pittsburg, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not thrilled with the Carvana experience. Was happy at first but then ended up having to get the new car inspected and then take off of work to find a fedex drop because they sent us a fedex mail form but said we had 48 hours to send it back. Also, the trade payoff was not made in a timely manner and an additional payment was auto drafted for the trade. All total I spent over four hours in prep, mail, phone calls, etc. to take care of things that shouldn’t have been problems. I took hours off of work to handle it.

Lily Maxfield

December 2nd, 2020 Hyde Park, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give no stars I would. This has been the worst car buying experience I’ve ever had. I received my car in July and here we are in December and I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY PLATES. Reason number 1, engine light came on the first day I had the car. Cool. Reason number 2, car was dirty and not professionally clean like they claimed. Reason number 3, they did not even submit my documents to the dmv after months of them telling me that everything was fine and all set. It took me 4 months just to get someone to actually look and tell me they were not submitted at all. That’s great...just sat there for months since no one wants to do their job correctly. Reason number 4, RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE, I’ve been hung up on, been on hold for hours, have be given attitude for no reason. I’m not one to yell or be rude over the phone. I wish I never picked carvana for my car buying experience. Anyone thinking that carvana is a easy going place to get a car, think again and go to a dealership because it’s seriously not worth it.

Elvis Colindres

December 1st, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Set up a trade with my vehicle, talked to about 3 different people during the process and by the time I was ready for my trade they pick up my car on a separate day and dropped of the vehicle in another. They said this was not going to be issue. I expressed concern on multiple occasions and was promised it was not going to a problem, .HOWEVER on the day of the delivery they changed my contracts to two separate transactions eliminating the benefits I get for doing the trade since the vehicles were picked up and dropped of on two separate days. I again expressed concerned and they said it was not going to be an issue my field advocate would take care of it. It became a big issue when my vehicle was delivered and was told there was nothing they could do because they were two separate transactions. Also, they don’t record conversations as they say they do, for some reason they did not have on file being promised that I would still receive some of the benefits but they did have on file that they initiated the change on their way end. Offered me a $100 check to cover some of the taxes, in California that’s a little under 1% of the taxes. So now I am without a car, since they took my vehicle on a different day. Also, they offered me to take the car for seven days to test it out but I didn’t feel comfortable doing so if as a first time buyer since they didn’t honor my contract.

Malik

November 30th, 2020 Cochranville, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT BUY from Carvana. We placed an order for a BMW 2020 and 2 hours before the delivery we got a call about the damage which was not listed. The whole side of the driver door had a BIG scratch and they just wanted us to accept the delivery and will repair it later. After calling Carvana I was given three options 1) Choose a different car 2) Wait for it to be repaired 3)$150 price reduction towards the next car. All three of these options wanted us to stay with them. They told us that they will not report the damage repaired to Carfax and We just did not feel right about this company ethics. I tried to talk to a manager but the associate (Danny) had no one available and told me that her supervisor would call back when she has time. This has been the worst car buying experience and now I realize that dealing with people face to face is much easier. If it was a regular dealership I am sure they would have accommodated us somehow. Customer Service is really bad.

teresa nguyen

November 29th, 2020 Katy, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible company. Husband and I was in the process to by 2019 Lexus ES. We got a loan and paid it. They called us 1 hour before our PICK UP time and told us that the car is not at the shop. The car was suppose to be delivered 2 days ago but never came. We called and called and they couldn’t find the car or knows where the car was. They couldn’t track the car. At this point we were frustrated!!! Find out 2 days later, the car was sold to someone else. Very unprofessional. They said they couldn’t do anything about it or compensate us for anything. They Never informed us that the car was not there or sold to someone else.. all they said is that they didn’t know where the car was at.. The whole time we thought the car was going to be delivered to us beucase they kept saying the car will be here in 2-3 days! HORRIBLE! Don’t go with Carvana!

Jeremy

November 28th, 2020 Vista, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I don’t know how Carvana can say they are the best, when they are really not. Spent 2 days trying to buy a car, and then an hour on the phone this morning and got denied because I had a bank account with my wife’s name on it and they said they could not see my direct deposit were mine, even though I showed them my bank statements and pay checks with the amount going into the bank. Unbelievable if you ask me. So bottom line if your trying to buy a car for your daughters 18th Birthday, don’t go through Carvana if your direct deposit from your employer goes into an account that has both you and your wife on it. Very unprofessional and a joke. Even showed pay stubs of my wife’s to show she did not work there. Good luck if you have a joint account and direct deposit. Good luck to you all.

Will Steen

November 25th, 2020 Rockville, MD

This was the absolute worst car buying experience I have ever encountered in my life! Five delays and three different car selections, and I never received a car. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH CARVANA. It took only two minutes to purchase a car with Carmax and I received exceptional service.

Michaela Campbell

November 25th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nothing is good about this company. They lie to you about the condition of the car and never ever sell your car to them. They offer way less than its worth and more than half the time the check will bounce because the company is broke. They offered me less than $500 on a car that was valued at over $4000 from different dealers and Kelly blue book.

Moody

November 25th, 2020 Columbus, OH

Had a pleasant job interview and during the tour process I just noticed all the drivers were white and all the guys cleaning the cars were black....not cool no matter how you spin it. Columbus ohio west broad branch

Toby Nagar

November 24th, 2020 Lakewood, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Carvana has lied to me multiple times and won't do anything to make it right. They promised me I won't have to pay a delivery fee because I was going to drive up to the vending machine- BUT THEY STILL CHARGED ME. They told me they would reach out to Bank of America to handle my financing for me and then they were like whoops we dropped the ball- THEY CANCELED my order instead of getting the docs they needed from my BOA rep. They promised me a certain delivery date and then changed it to a week later without even telling me.

Albert Mertz

November 24th, 2020 Albertville, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Traded a car at Carvana. The process up until delivery was a disaster (putting aside car was delivered late & filthy). After delivery, it’s taking over 2 months to sort out registration and a simple plate transfer. After hours on the phone and “advocates” that don’t know how to resolve the issue you will be left without problem resolution. I personally had to call the tax office in Texas for requirements and had to tell the Carvana registration “team” what they needed to do. It’s a disgrace of an operation. Go to a dealer, pick a car, do paperwork and leave happy. AVOID CARVANA.

Jorgelina Marsaglia

November 23rd, 2020 Delray Beach, FL

Very bad experience, they say they only ask for paystubs OR bank statements OR tax returns, I presented 6 months of bank statments and they rejected me because they asked me for paystubs, they lie to customers and run their credit without giving approval to what they say in their terms. FALSE ADVERTISING

BRYAN W FISSELL

November 23rd, 2020 Sherman, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm 66 years old and have purchased many cars and trucks from dealerships. Buying through a salesman is always a hassle the back and forth the time waisted. Now comes carvana a whole new way to buy a vehicle. I was skeptical at first but that quickly changed the process was very pleasant and easy. Now I did my own research and new my budget carvana allowed me to put in what I wanted and it was that easy they have thousands of vehicles to chose from but with my requirements it narrowed the choices until I found the right one. Carvana has quality vehicles all makes and models. The purchase process was super easy I went through their finance team and it went very easy and quickly. I set my delivery day and time just like that my new car was at my house. The delivery associate was very cool and knowledgeable about my car. Showed me all the features and explained everything very clear. I took the car for a test drive it was great. However carvana gives you a seven day money back guarantee or vehicle replacement. I would recommend carvana to everyone wanting to buy a vehicle and be in charge of their deal. Thank You Carvana you're the best. Bryan w Fissell

Shonna Holmes

November 21st, 2020 Suitland, MD

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They made the entire process very frustrating! I did EVERYTHING THEY ASK including having my OWN financing! I uploaded all my paperwork to the their website as requested. However, they would not even give me a call to advise me that my car was going to be delayed, not once, not twice but three times! I AM PAYING INTEREST ON A LOAN FOR A VEHICLE THEY PROMISED THREE WEEKS AGO! The first excuse was the battery then AFTER I CALLED TO SEE WHY IT WAS DELAYED AGAIN I was told they cant verify if the car is even in their inventory. Im thinking well how did you know the battery needed to be replaced if now you cant find the car. I started getting skeptical and looked up the reviews and a lot of people were complaining that the cars had water damage, rust and smells of mold in some of the cars. Even the car that I was looking at had only 14K miles and it was 6 years old....so it made me wonder had it been sitting. It could be just speculation but the care in which they just send a text on a purchase that consists of thousands of dollars just seems a little concerning! What even shocked me after that, was when I canceled my order. No one called and asked why or address my concerns and the car was posted RIGHT BACK ON THE WEBSITE AS AVAILABLE. BUYERS BEWARE! DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND I actually found going to the dealership wasn't bad at all. At least you can touch and see the car you are about to spend thousands on and even if salespeople are there to SELL you a car that you leave with it and not wait WEEKS just to get another text to say your car has been delayed AGAIN!!!

aoelberg

November 17th, 2020 Nacogdoches, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service that this company has is amazing. I have never received better customer service anywhere. At any point during the process if I had questions they were there to answer them. And the drop off of my vehicle was extremely easy. With COVID-19 hitting seems like Carvana has the right idea

Kim Legaz

November 14th, 2020 Portsmouth, VA

tried to buy a car from them. Even after they received my payment, a week later they still had no delivery date for me. Now I'm waiting on them to return my check so that I purchase a car that I may actually receive.

Diana Jones Walsh

November 13th, 2020 Wilmington, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT PURCHASE A VEHICLE FROM CARVANA!!!!! SELLING YOUR IS EASY BUT GETTING THE REGISTER DONE FOR THE NEW VEHICLE IS A NIGHTMARE! No one will take responsibility for their lack of processing the paperwork. I purchase a SUV 7/31/20 and today 11/13/20, I am still waiting for their third party vendor to process the paperwork and get to DMV. Today, I was told unable to transfer for old plates to new car because my plates expired 10/31/20. Well, yes I sold my car on 7/31/20 and they have neglected to get DMV the paperwork until yesterday. THEY TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS MESS!!! I'm driving around on expired plates since 9/12/20. Carvana needs better vendors and associates who can push paperwork through. I have called them every week throughout this mess.

Kevin Mark

November 13th, 2020 East Saint Louis, IL

Carvana is trash! Uploaded all needed paperwork they said they couldn't see them like 13 times. Then when they said everything was okay they gave me the 🏃‍♂️ runaround on the bank account. Didn't even give a chance to make deposit. Both times even after I went to Office Max paid 12$ printing out stubs they told me my deadline had passed. Repeated process again for them to do the same thing with the deadline! They claim easy experience well KD claims trash 🗑 experience worst time ever buying another 🚗 after a vehicle theft!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ernest Figueroa

November 13th, 2020 Hartford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased a Hyundai Genesis from Carvana and it was inaccurately listed as all-wheel drive - it was actually rear-wheel drive. They had several cars mislabeled. Also disappointed in financing. The interest rate jumped 2% if I did not want autopay (despite having excellent credit). If you call customer service, expect to be on hold for at least an hour. I am still waiting for my car to be registered almost 3 months after purchasing the car. First they said they needed a form filled out and they would FedEx it to me and I was to FedEx it back. After 2 weeks and several texts and emails I never received the form. I gave in and called customer service (again waiting over an hour on hold) and they emailed me the form. I returned it the next day and did not hear a thing for over a month. Then they send me an email saying they need proof of insurance despite my having provided it already - they won't release the car to you without proof of insurance. It has now been another week since I sent the proof of insurance and still waiting on registration. Only thing that has gone right is the drop off and pick up. The gentleman was courteous and pickup went off with no issues. Car is good. Administratively, they suck.

Brian Hanson

November 12th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wasted 2 days dealing with carvana on getting a car. I did the application applied my trade in sent my statements in and everything I signed the contract setup delivery even changed my car insurance policy to the new vehicle per there request and now I no longer have insurance on my old vehicle thanks to carvana. They changed my contract several times had me apply for loans. I’m a victim of identity theft and in the process of fixing my credit and thanks to carvana and them having me contact all these loan and bank companies I now have as of this morning 28 new hard inquiries on my reports that said will last for the next 25 months. So now my credit is being shot down and my apartment I’m moving to denied me now because of too many inquiries on my reports in just 2 days. I’ve signed the car contract I believe 3 different times for them. And now there saying my income is not enough for them. The car I’m getting is only 12,250 and my yearly income is over 40,000 so how is that not enough. It seem like when I told them my job was a adult gay male film star that’s when everything changed because the first application I was approved for without any issues I just had to do my trade in and pay 893.00 cash but all that changed to me paying a few thousand dollars down and having to get a car way cheaper that probably would have way too many miles. I will never go through carvana ever in my life. My brother and daughter are testing their cars with them now and still in there 7 days trial. And since I am paying out of pocket for there cars I will be having carvana pick these cars up and all 3 of us will do business else where. I will let all my family and friends and coworkers know never to use carvana because they will leave you high and dry and will mess your credit up and have you taking out loans you really don’t need. So thank you carvana for the messed up experience. -100 stars from me.

Dajon b

November 11th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This was a horrible experience , I was sold a car that needed brakes , rotors , Tires and struts

Scott Orthey

November 9th, 2020 Lansdowne, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

carvana has disappointed me with repeated errors in processing my insurance to get the title and registration because the insurance card indicates the city of the insurance company and they think that means its my address. But its the address of the insurance company. My address is clearly indicated on the insurance card.

Rob G

November 9th, 2020 Titusville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dishonest company. Bought a truck from them with an odometer reading of 20k.....after the sale I checked the Carfax and it was clear that the odometer had been rolled back. Returned the truck and no I see it for sale again, advertised with 21k miles on it!

Bill

November 8th, 2020 Nashville, TN

Carava simply is in business to control the transaction and prey upon consumers who find they must have a vehivle to function and the company takes advantage of those consumers that are already Under some financial stress They overprice tge cars They demand sometimes a heavy down payment on top so then a high interest rate finance and boom you have a deal But remember their portocol is they don’t nehgotiate donuts a take it or leave it transaction While good companies should make a fair to possible a top end price This is financial tape of the consumers who are in a situation as I described So no problem if you make a profit but shame in you for ripping people off by design

Chris Longhurst

November 5th, 2020 Fort Mill, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went through the whole process to purchase a car fromCarvana . A one owner 2017 Toyota Rav4. No accidents reported. After getting insurance and financing, I showed up to get the car. I signed the paper work, and handed over the title to my trade-in. I walked outside to see the car and the whole front end had been repainted....even the side view mirrors. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Phi

November 5th, 2020 Folsom, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This has been one of the worst experiences of my life. I bought my car 5 months ago, and Carvana charged me a registration fee but did not process the registration with DMV. I have called more than a dozen times to get the issue fixed, but they keep telling me that my registration is "pending". I've had to go to DMV and get a temporary operation permit and pay hundreds of dollars, but I cannot fully register my vehicle until Carvana completes the process on their end. When I call I ask to have a manager call me and they keep saying that I have to be called back but they never do. I am now driving without registration and there is nothing that I can do about it. I will NEVER use this company again.

Tom Patty Wright

October 27th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Upfront and delivery was were just fine. However their post sale customer service is horrible. Purchased our car in March of 2020, here it’s the end of October 2020 and I still don’t have my permanent registration. Was told numerous times “in a few weeks “ , “next week “... etc... on there occasions there was some additional paperwork that needed to be completed, but they didn’t contact me to get it accomplished, I only found out because I inquired about the status of the permanent registration. If you call you are on hold for at least 20 minutes to speak to an advocate, then they put you on hold for another 20 minutes while they check the status. Tried using the chat feature now I can’t get past the computer generated responses. I’m not going to be able to recommend their services to any of my friends or associates.

Julia Lecy

October 27th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible experience with Carvana's customer service. Car buying process was easy, but registration process and customer service has been AWEFUL! When the car was dropped off, the employee said she would call me back regarding the out of state vin inspection that would require me to register my car in my home state. Never got a call. Process was going smoothly, Carvana had received my paperwork, and my registration was allegedly being processed. Then I was receiving emails and phone calls that I was missing documentation. I proceeded to call Carvana, wait up to 3 hours on hold, just to be told to disregard the emails and my registration was fine. I continued to call their customer service after a month of hearing nothing, and SEVERAL times I was told by a Carvana employee that they would call me back when they were able to get in contact with their registration team (approximately an hour) and every time I never received a call back. This then required me to call and wait again and again just to explain my situations and frustration to someone completely new. Still no registration. Driving on expired plates all because Carvana can't pick up the phone. Very disappointed!

Lorrie Haring

October 25th, 2020 Coatesville, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The purchasing experience went very well. It was easy, someone was there to answer any question that I may have had. Financing was easy. The car however was delivered, right off the truck, it started weird. I was weary, maybe a fluke?? I wanted the car so I had them leave it. Over the next two days, the car left me stranded and would not start. I took it to a local dealer under warranty. The battery was dead. Replaced at no charge but this should have been noticed during the pre-sale inspection. A few minor blemishes pointed out in the on line add, but in all actuality there were so many more scratches on the car. The smell, the smell in the car in horrendous, I actually believe the transporters poured cologne in the vents. There is no way this car still smells like the last owners cologne after 9 months. The delivery agent made a comment about people who by Lexus??!! Ok, ah it's used! Would this also be something they found during pre-sale and did an overnight ozone treatment on? Love the car, so I dealt with it. Many scratches, which they should have sent a credit back for or lowered the cost. If an actual pre-sale inspection took place they would see several all around the body of the car. I was assured on the 6th day Carvana would call and see how my experience was and if I was going to return the car. No one called. But at that point I could only have driven it a day since it was in the shop for a new battery. Love the experience, love the car but maybe they have to emphasize and actually do a pre-sale inspection.

MackTheKnight

October 24th, 2020 Frisco, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a review of actually receiving your car once you choose one and get financing approved. Choosing a car was relatively easy. I wish the picture were higher resolutions as you can't always see details regarding tire brand or paint condition. Applying for financing was very easy. Selecting a vehicle and receiving financing took me all of 30 minutes! Perfect! I picked a day that was 4 days away to pick it up at he vending machine (because it seemed pretty cool!). The night (6pm) before I was to pick it up I received a message that stated: "We're sorry to inform you that your car has been delayed as we have identified a concern that is outside of our standards that needs to be addressed prior to delivery." They rescheduled for 2 weeks away! I no longer wanted that vehicle since I found out it had body damage, I can only assume during their shipping. So...I picked a new car. Great, no problem, documents changed, schedule a date. Now I schedule for delivery. It will be delivered in 2 days on Saturday morning which is perfect because I usually travel during the week. 1 am, day of delivery, they text me with the exact same message as before!! This time they tell me they can't locate the keys and they need to reschedule. Guess when?? Same day that were delaying the other vehicle. Monday, the 26th of October! 11 days away. Well I travel and can't be there so October 31st is the earliest I can get it. A full 3 weeks from when I first started my purchasing. What is going to be the next delay??? If you need a car soon then DON'T buy from Carvana. I find it hard to believe they can deliver as promised or I'm just having bad luck. I should've bought from a local dealer. Sure I would've have been in there for 4 hours and gone through all the crap we hate about car dealerships but I would have left with a car that day. I'll update once and if I actually receive a car.

Eric wolff

October 23rd, 2020 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dealing with carvana has got to be the worst experience I’ve ever dealt with anywhere in the retail world. The day of delivery of my 2017 Audi a seven I waited around all day for my delivery no confirmation no call for cancellation by the end of the day there was no car. The next day no call, I waited the other day and called and they said they were on available for delivery of the day that I was expecting my car. The car shows up and it appears to be a nice looking vehicle and I accept upon further inspection of the vehicle I start noticing other things wrong with it the paint on the bumper does not match and there’s a few things out of place, like a coolant smell and a weird grinding from the brakes. I immediately get on the horn to have Carvana fix the paint issue I did spend almost a month in the autobody shop getting the bumper fixed from a previous accident from before I own the vehicle. Carvana claims they sell accident free vehicles but this $40,000 vehicle had been in an accident. And now that there’s other mechanical issues with the car like the brakes wearing out in less than 4000 miles of the purchase of my vehicle Garrett one of their supervisors is telling me I’m on my own because those are wearable items. I then told him they were already worn when I bought the vehicle and they need to be replaced. They flat out sold me a vehicle that had worn out brakes and are now telling me I am on the hook to pay. Everything about my experience with carvana I have been dissatisfied with. Their supervisors will not do anything for you they will tell you they will look into something and get back to you in a day and they will never call you back. The supervisor I deal with named Garrett told me numerous times he would call me back and I waited several days if not weeks at times before calling him back only to have to wait and get the runaround before I can get in touch with him and yell and scream at all of his associates before I can get in contact with him. This company does nothing but offer their customers their run around after the sale is complete. They sure had great communication with me before I made a sale of my vehicle but shortly after that I didn’t hear much from anyone. Buyer beware for sure. These guys are buying questionable cars from questionable auto auctions and putting the minimum out of work on them and polishing these things up and making them look like gyms. They are nothing more than questionable vehicles that have not been inspected properly. My vehicle had a 150 points inspection Supposedly but when I drove the vehicle around about 200 miles a light came on on the dash saying that it was low on oil which is weird that it was supposedly changed shortly before I bought it. Be careful with carvana and their third-party inspections. I feel completely ripped off and taking advantage of. After tax and licensing the vehicle I purchase was $45,000 and now they turn their nose to me like I’m some kind of piece of garbage when I have problems with this lemon of a vehicle that they sold me