Zoosk Logo

Zoosk

LAST UPDATED: August 18th, 2022

Zoosk has over 40 million members worldwide, with more than 3 million messages sent per day. Unlike other dating apps and sites, Zoosk users can utilize their algorithm to find matches, or browse by preference. Users are evenly split between males and females, providing you a great chance of finding your true love. There is a free version of Zoosk available, and members can use this service easily on their mobile device by downloading Zoosk from the mobile app store. It is also available via Amazon and Facebook Apps.

report_problem

Attention: Zoosk reviews reveal subpar customer service and other concerns.

Positive Zoosk reviews (below) state that the online dating site is easy to use, reasonably secure, and a great way to meet locals in the area. However, the majority of user reviews reveal that customers aren't happy with the number of out-of-date profiles, fake accounts, and scammers on Zoosk. Other reported issues include subpar customer service and difficulty canceling a premium membership or deleting Zoosk accounts.

Keep reading to learn more about Zoosk pros and cons or read feedback from real users.

The Good

• Easy Profile Set Up
  • Match and Search Features
  • Dating Insights and Advice
  • Zoosk Couples

Easy Profile Set Up

Signing up for Zoosk doesn't take quite as long as some other online dating sites with in-depth personality questionnaires, like eHarmony, EliteSingles, and Match.com. Either an email address or a Facebook account is required to register online. If you sign up with Facebook, you can easily upload a profile picture from your account. You can create a Zoosk profile in about 10 minutes (depending on how much information you give).

The site asks for basic information such as height, gender, body type, children, education, religion, a few pictures, and other information to help members get better matches. There’s an option to add a 1,500 character story to your profile. You can also describe your perfect match or ideal date in 1,500 characters each.

Each Zoosk member can input their interests and go into detail on what their ideal date would be. Each user has the option to verify their Zoosk profile with their social media, either a Twitter or Facebook account. You can also use photo verification or verify your account with a cell phone number. This helps to improve  your reputation on Zoosk.

The Zoosk mobile app also makes it easy to update any information and find potential matches. The dating app is available to download Zoosk in the app store for iOS devices Android devices.

Match and Search Features

Zoosk gives you plenty of options for interacting and matching with other users. Unlike many dating websites that it competes with, Zoosk's dating platform lets a person experience both major types of online dating in one service: scientific matchmaking based on an algorithm and location pairing for nearby matches. Zoosk members can also connect by searching for profiles using advanced filters, chatting with users online, and sorting profiles on carousel.

Scientific Matching

Zoosk has a premium feature called SmartPick, which evaluates your compatibility with other Zooskers. It uses Behavioral Matchmaking technology to learn from which profiles you like or pass on to streamline your match suggestions in the future. It also offers a survey to help you get more compatible matches. You will find your match suggestions in the SmartPick feature.

Location Pairing

This section lets users search through local singles, with lots of search filter options, including a geo radius of 3 to 100 miles. You can even save search parameters for easy access later.

Filtered Searches

Users can search for matches with Zoosk’s advanced filters. Narrow down your search by height, gender, body type, children, smoking habits, education, religion. If you find a potential match, let them know you are interested by sending them a like, smile, or message.

Real-Time Interactions

The “Online Now” feature allows you to chat with other users who are currently on the app. You don’t have to wait and wonder if someone will log back on and view your message. With the “Online Now” feature, you know you are connecting with an active user.

Carousel Sorting

The carousel feature is similar to the Tinder matching system. Users quickly determine their interest in another Zoosk member based on condensed profiles. You can select yes, no, or maybe on each profile. If you both get a mutual yes, you can start messaging one another. This is also one of the features that helps determine the SmartPick matches.

Dating Insights and Advice

Zoosk's blog is filled with hundreds of articles about online dating. Members can read through the articles to get dating advice, learn how to stay safe while online dating, learn how to send and respond to messages, and find the latest dating studies. There are even articles about marriage and ways to make a long-term relationship last.

Zoosk Couples

Zoosk has an entire success story page showing off the men and women who have used Zoosk and found love. The site shares the stories of couples who are currently in a long-term, serious relationship, married, or happily in love because of Zoosk.

While this isn't a dealbreaker for whether people should sign up for the site, it is nice to see couples who have braved the online dating world and found love.

The Bad

• Consumer Complaints
  • Limited Virtual Dating Options
  • Pay to Message, Chat, and Use Other Features
  • Coin Costs and Limitations
  • Automatic Renewal
  • No Refunds
  • Does Not Attempt to Verify Information
  • No Customer Support Hotline

Consumer Complaints

Out of more than 80 BestCompany reviews collected, the average Zoosk review rating is less than 1.5 stars out of five.

What are the biggest complaints that people have about this online dating service and app?

• Fake profile issues — Many people feel that Zoosk is littered with fake profiles and online scammers.
  • User experience — The dating site is mentioned several times as overly difficult to navigate.
  • Customer service — Several reviews report that Zoosk customer support is subpar at best.
  • Bait and switch messages — Many report that the platform is regularly sending bogus messages to get non-paying Zoosk free members to sign up for a paid membership.

Additional common complaints include how difficult it is to delete your Zoosk account or cancel a premium membership and the excessive push for basic account members to make in-app purchases.

Limited Virtual Dating Options

Zoosk does not partner with a video chat service. Competing online dating sites have a feature that allows you to set up a virtual date. This is a disadvantage for long-distance relationships or socially distanced dates.

Pay to Message, Chat, and Use Other Features

Customers looking to sign up for a Zoosk subscription can pay per month or choose between three-month or six-month subscription options. You will also need to pay an additional one-time activation fee when you upgrade to a paid Zoosk membership.

Online daters will have to sign up for one of Zoosk's monthly subscriptions to message, chat, see who's viewed them, and see Connections from SmartPick and Carousel.

While free members can see full profiles of other members in Online Now and Search, there isn't much more that you can do on Zoosk for free. The Zoosk free trial is merely for those looking to see how the site works and if it's right for them.

If you want to message anyone on the Zoosk app, you will need to become a premium member.

Coin Costs and Limitations

Like most online dating platforms, Zoosk offers subscription plans and online currency purchases. Zoosk cost is comparable to other online paid dating platforms.

Coins can be purchased by both free members and paid subscribers. Zoosk coins can be used for a variety of features on the platform, including the following:

• Boost — Zoosk highlights your dating profile in search results, inbox messages, and other users' Carousel.
  • Unlock Carousel Matches — Unlock another member's profile, suggested to connect with users that have expressed interest in you.
  • Buy Virtual Gifts — To show interest in another person and differentiate yourself from the crowd, you can use 10 to 100 coins to buy them a virtual gift. Gifts are basically cute little graphics of things like hearts, a gem, lips, a cupcake, a bouquet of flowers, and more.
  • Delivery Confirmations (for paid subscribers only) — Also known in the dating app world as “read receipts,” this option will let you know when another person has opened your chat message
  • Go Invisible — Pay to browse and view member profiles for 30 minutes without being shown in their Views list

Coins can't be used to chat, send, or read messages. You still have to be a paid subscriber to access messaging and chat features. While the coin feature provides users with unique upgrade options, this style of payment can end up adding a lot of frustration on the user side. Even after you upgrade, you will receive notifications to buy coins which could end up costing you a lot more than you originally budgeted.

Automatic Renewal

Zoosk members should know that subscriptions will automatically renew unless the account is canceled before the end of the premium subscription term. This is typical of an online dating subscription but can catch users off guard if they are not anticipating the charge.

No Refunds

In its Terms of Service, this dating website mentions that all charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for any partially used Paid Services (including partially used subscription periods) and Zoosk coin balances.

Does Not Attempt to Verify Information

While users have a slew of Verification options to list their profile as verified, they should also be aware that Zoosk currently does not routinely screen registered users, inquire into the background of its users, attempt to verify information provided by its users or conduct criminal screenings of its users.

This isn't unique. It's pretty common in the online dating industry.

No Customer Support Hotline

If you need help with something, there are only a few options outside of help articles and video tutorials. You can contact customer support through an on-site email form. A customer service hotline is not offered on-site. Additionally, live chat is not a contact option on this platform.

The Bottom Line

People looking for a generic dating site with plenty of users can consider Zoosk as an option. Zoosk is a recognized name, and there are quite a few people who have found success using the site. Setting up a profile is easy and there are some good blog posts on how to navigate the world of online dating.

However, a significant number of consumer reviews reveal some issues with the service that daters might find troublesome. Many customers have a problem with the fact that the site only allows those with paid memberships to use any features. Other online dating sites usually have one or two free features for non-paying members, but Zoosk pretty much requires members to pay to message, chat, or anything else. Once purchasing a subscription, many members felt that it wasn't worth their time and money, as they thought there was a substantial number of scammers and fake profiles.

Overall, we recommend online daters find out more about Zoosk before signing up for a paid subscription and scroll down to read online reviews.

Have you tried out Zoosk in search of your perfect match? How did it go? Would you recommend this dating service to a friend? Let us know about your experience with a quick review below.

1.4

Tammy Pajakowski Grosse Pointe, MI

In November 2020, I was about to delete the app, because I was looking for a partner and true love. I had never met anyone in person because most of the men that I did respond to turned out to be inappropriate, requesting nude pics etc. The day that I went to delete my profile, I decided to scroll through one last time. I received a message from a man that just looked genuine and kind! After reading his message, I had a really good feeling about him so we talked for about a week before I met him in person. It turns out that he actually was a very kind man, looking for the same things in life that I was looking for. It didn’t take long for us to realize that we were truly soulmates! We got engaged in June 2021 and just got married on July 16, 2022.

Dale Curtis Port Richey, FL

If I could put a zero I would! Zoosk is becoming the next POF except Zoosk makes you pay for bogus profiles! There are so many fake profiles on Zoosk it isn't funny. I warned them twice about all the bogus profiles and they haven't done a thing! As a matter of fact it has got much worse. I have cancelled my subscription and will never use this crappy site again. With POF at least I know what I'm getting but I don't care because I'm not paying for it! This site is not all that it is cracked up to be. 20 year old women claiming to be 60. It's all a scam, you want to pay for junk you will get it on this site!!!!

1 day ago

Jan Passmore Richmond, IN

I was a subscribing member for 6 months, my membership renewed on June 21, 2022................on July 9th I got an email that they were refunding my membership......................I responded that I did not request a refund.................a couple of days later I got an email from Zoosk that my Bank had seen some unauthorized activity, they asked me to contact my Bank.......................I did and they said there had been NO unauthorized activity.........................I have advised Zoosk MANY times....................but they will not reactivate my account..............................I have a credit rating of 800 and I have no debt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Levy Houston, TX

I've had nothing but terrible experiences with this site. I'd get an email alert that a woman was interested and after sorting through those I didn't feel connected to or wasn't attracted to there was a slight few I reached out to. Now I'm not a bad looking guy and never had trouble meeting women before I moved to Texas but Zoosk has totally turned me off to online dating. One minute I'm engaging with a woman with multiple texts and then next moment she's gone. Some it seems that English is not their first language which would be ok if the picture fit the texts, they don't. Case in point I'm having a nice conversation with a woman who lives 9 miles away. She tells me she's a Herbalife salesperson (red flag). She asks me what I do for work and I told her I'd be happy to discuss it should we ever meet. She writes back "I'm not on here to communicate the whole day or time on here?" What??? This is just one of the wonderful experiences I've had on here.

Lindsaygrr Kingman, AZ

There are plenty of profiles on Zoosk but many are fake and I'm not sure which ones. I feel they have fake emails as the working sounds like a bot with bad spelling. Often they have issues where for days on end you can't log in. Since it happens often I decided not no renew my 6 month membership.

Brenden Eggen St Louis, MO

I made new profile a week ago. I've messaged probably about 20 women. No response. The only couple likes I got where from two women who I'm not even slightly attracted too. Im not ugly and I don't act Inappropriate on there so why is this happening. It's a waste of money. These dating sites don't favor men at all. I've been trying to find a serious relationship on here because I don't get out much with my work schedule. I swear this site is rigged. Out of all the women I liked and messaged no luck. I'm extremely disappointed and angry. Also to top things off I can't delete my profile from my phone I'm supposed to find a desktop to delete it. That is complete bogus.

Liz W San Diego, CA

July 2022. Signed up for a 3 mos subscription to Zoosk. Catfished with the first person. Took me on an emotional roller coaster for a month. Couldn't meet because he had to fly out of town to sign a big contract. Then had to go overseas to problem solve a leaking gas pipe in Saudi Arabia. Sent me pdf of 4M contract. Then there was a medical emergency and he had overextended his cash. Asked me for a $7K loan. That's where I called BS. The rest of profiles were all phonies or men I was not interested in, many wanted to communicate off site immediately. I met one decent person after spending 2 mos on this site. Decided not to waste any more time or energy. When canceling and deactivating, remove all your pics and paragraphs first, then deactivate and cancel subscription. Make sure to follow google search on how to deactivate/cancel Zoosk account. BE SURE TO EDUCATE YOURSELF ON ROMANCE SCAMMING!!

Aldo Schiliro Brisbane, QLD

Most of the people on this site do not exist or have cancelled their subscriptions a long time ago but have not been able to take down their photos or details a friend of mine stopped her subscription a year ago but still comes up in my search , also there seems to be a lot of scams as i have had a person send me photos of another lady as their own and when i asked about these photos it replied sorry they are photos of my friend ,then days later i see the same person on the site dating and now have seen the same photo with different location and story. the other alarm is after you make contact they do not want to stay on the site nor do they want to talk on a phone so the try to get you to go e mail or use the WhatsApp but will not talk on the phone .The big issue is there is no real on line Contact us for help . I also paid to see when my messages were being read as i was getting no replies now i see 90% of my messages are never opened as the people are not on the site any more so you get conned into paying for that service that will never work . the whole thing is a conn

Gonch Batilda Norway, MI

Three times I paid money for a Zoosk subscription. Once in March 2021, in November 2021, and April 2022. All in all, I connected & met ONE lady, 65 miles from my home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. As of June 2022, I am repeatedly contacting Zoosk support to get details for the way I can, again, cancel my subscription, and have the remaining money I paid, refunded. I have emailed Zoosk support 7 times over 1 month. No response so far. My experiences... Zoosk is all about 'viewing' profiles. You view women, they view you. It's a circular dance that just doesn't stop. If I view Brenda, she gets a notice that I viewed her. It's likely she will then view me. I'll get a notice that she viewed my profile. Because the 'Search' aspect of Zoosk essentially views profiles and notifies the profile owner, this gives rise to the same circular viewing cycle. I have given up viewing anybody. Currently there are 35 views pending for me to look at. I won't. Because it just feeds the spiral. 'Carousel' is similar to 'Searching'. But it is not (to my awareness) constrained by my selected 'Search' parameters. Thus, if I have set up a limit of 50 miles 'Search' area, when I participate in the 'Carousel' feature, it is certain I will be offered women much further than 50 miles away. They get a view and a notice, then they (likely) view me. I get a notice via email. The cycle begins again. 'Carousel' presents (added to the person's photo) the age of the woman, but not the LOCATION. This is highly frustrating. A woman may be ideal in age-range and physical appearance, but she may live 315 miles away. The only way to discover the distance, is to tag the 'Carousel' person-of-the-moment as "Maybe I want to meet" or "Yes, I want to meet", which makes it a 'View', and the person gets an email notice. The perpetual viewing cycle begins. 'Connections' is a sort of holding area for profiles I might send a 'Like' or message to. Sort of a bookmark mechanism. It is also a bit quicker way to access the messaging aspect of Zoosk. If nothing comes of a connection, it can be deleted. The instant messaging / chat aspect of Zoosk is marginally responsive. Far better in my opinion is, one example, Facebook messenger. When one views profile pictures - especially using the 'View' or 'Carousel' aspect of Zoosk, the age of the person is shown in WHITE letters in the lower-left corner of the picture. Often - depending what the individual is wearing in the picture - it can be near-impossible to see the "Age: 55" text in the lower-left corner. The various Zoosk subscription plans are consistent with other "meet people / dating" website. When a subscriber is notified by email of a 'View' or other trigger, there is advertising embedded in the email. Occasionally, and not seldom, Zoosk will send an email saying "We've selected 10 ladies you might want to meet". This is a bald-face temptation to sign-in, and start viewing prospects. Once that's done, the viewing cycle starts up. I've seen a considerable number of profiles that are very likely 'dead' or abandoned. Because Zoosk gives NO INDICATION when a profile user was last signed-in to the system, there's no way of knowing how stale a profile might be. Obviously, your mileage may vary from what I describe. My overall assessment of Zoosk is, it is barely worth the investment. Because its subscription plans are more economical than big-name similar services, it's easy to be enticed to subscribe, to save money. I strongly suggest people who live in smaller towns, more rural locations, the odds are stacked heavily against you. Statistically, not many singles in or near your rural location will have subscribed.

L TG Acton, MA

Plese DO NOT get hooked into this horrible experience with ZOOSK! I have had a problem retrieving messages and get the same views everyday... NO one responds.. save your time and money

Jessica Ferriter Rochester, NY

Terrible terrible terrible. Ended up in 2 different DANGEROUS situations. Had to call police 2 of 3 interactions outside of the site. TOO many men. Lots of inappropriate language/humans, and I have pretty thick skin. I would NOT recommend this app for ANYONE seeking a relationship. I felt dirty after my first day on there. I am a member and wish I’d never given them my $$. TERRIBLE experience. TERRIBLE!

William Senungetuk Las Vegas, NV

The profiles of attractive females are scammers. I have been on it constantly for nearly a month. I believe the unattractive people are real. My personal result so far is not one actual meeting and this could continue for a year or more. I am a middle aged fit man and at least look good for my age. Even the unattractive are only viewing my profile and not sending messages from living real people. Honestly the company should be sued. Or have a cybercrime unit clean it up because people are being taken advantage of..

Cindy Michael Huntersville, NC

OMG, WORST dating site ever. I have NEVER seen so many fake profiles! Please, do NOT waste your money and be VERY wary of ANYONE who wants to google you, chat with you, etc. I'm pretty savvy, and I've still been burned, but within 12 hours I realized that the SOB was NOT who he said he was. Ladies, PLEASE-----RESEARCH, check for their names on FB, or Linked In, or ask questions to help confirm their identity. DO NOT ASSUME that they are who they say they are. It's pretty easy once you take responsibility for investigating rather than blindly believing!!!

ronald claar Spring Hill, KS

company is a scam. signed up one night and was supposly talking to someone in my area. conversation stopped. I could not find her again. I tried to get on the site next day with no luck. zoosk took my money and disappeared. I tried to call their customer service and was put on hold then the call disconnected . This site is a total scam. I will be reporting them to the Attorney General. Maybe they get this company shutdown. Then maybe no one will get scammed like It was too bad I did notread the reviews before getting sucked into such a mess

Erin Carter Wichita, KS

Zoosk's Smartpick feature picks scam artists for you, along with men who seem to deviant sexual proclivities, like enjoying young girls or beastiality. I emailed them several times asking for a refund and they just canceled my subscription after my paid for six months was up. I'm not allowed to see men younger than myself or within 20 miles which is what I've set it for. I get to see old men up to 70 from hundreds of miles away. This site is worthless and impossible to navigate. You can't remove creepy men except by going through the blocking process which isn't easy. You don't get any communication back from this company. There are hardly any men in my area on this site but they still kept my money. This site is even worse than their partners Meetme and Skout, which at least don't charge you to talk to scam artists from foreign countries trying to scam us foolish women out of our money. If they charge they could at least use an algorithm to remove the scammers.

Debbie Birmingham, AL

1st time for me on a dating site. Easy enough to use. I bought the premium use. I am a female widow. I guess I'm fairly good looking, and an average 140 lbs. Very few males within 35 miles of my home on this site. I left a message for the first guy that I thought was a fairly good looking character, but he never responded. The 2nd guy that I communicated with was supposed to meet me at a park for a lunch that I made, and he never showed up. He removed his profile soon after. The 3rd guy that I connected with was a disaster. His profile pics were incredibly good looking. I fell hook, line, and sinker. The scammer warnings started showing up. He lived 3 hours away. When I tried to explain that the distance was too great, he talked me into giving it a try. Well, after a month of excuses from him about a heavy work load and a huge upcoming contract, I never got to meet him in person. We talked on the phone daily, and texted/emailed regularly. He paid me many compliments and promised me the world. Well, at the end he supposedly won a 4 million dollar oil rig contract in Abu Dhabi. Several days into his petroleum work, wouldn't you know the his equipment broke down, and he begged me to loan him $17,000 to fix it (after all, he would lose out on the $4 million !). I wised up quickly! Ladies, if it seems too good to be true, it is. Tighten up your purse strings no matter how good looking they are. FYI, he was supposedly a petroleum engineer. He had horrible English and terrible grammar. He talked me into moving to email and texting rather than communicate through the dating site. Yep, he broke my heart, but at least I was smart enough to keep my wallet closed.

Jp R Dansville, NY

I would go as far as to question whether Zoosk itself is involved with putting fake profiles on it's own site. Somehow then people who are scammers are making money, I just haven't figured it all out yet. Usually, only about 5% out of 100 people in a carasol will be physically fit and looks like they take care of themselves. No offense so you pick from the 5% and I feel like they are put there to keep you interested. Eye candy, but they are where i find the scammers, they come on very nice, complimentary, and they seem to good to be true, romantic too soon, ask you too many ?s and don't respond to yours. Then they want your phone number because they hate being on the dating site and they are a one woman man so they want to get off it altogether. The first one got my number from me and he was the last. I have run into at least 3 now and have learned my lesson. The last one asked for my number and I told him I had to get going so he should leave his number so I could call him later. He was a nice one too...hated to tell him he was a fraud when he didn't respond. I just left him a final message. Oh well, if it seems to good to be true or they ask for your number too soon or are not forthcoming, don't give any personal info.

Don Clifton, NJ

Like most dating sites, Zoosk is littered with fake profiles and scammers. Customer service is another joke with this site. Customer service (like most customer service depts these days) is based in the Philippines where a language barrier exists and they can't understand half of what you're saying and you can't understand half of what they're saying. I just spent an hour on the phone with them trying to get a technical issue with their mobile app resolved and wound up pulling hair out of my head in the process, I'm a techie so I know a thing or 2 about how the app is supposed to work since I'd already been using it for months. I felt like I was talking to a robot who could only read from a script. Came away from that call with a bad taste in my mouth about the company. Tech support is supposed to contact me in a day or 2 with a resolution. I've got my seatbelt buckled for that one, believe me!

Cherry Q Waterford, MI

This web is horrible. They have been messing my account for 3 times already, keep blocking my account without any reason then you have to wait long time to talk to them. It’s not friendly use at all. I don’t understand what they are trying to do? What they want from me?

Nancy Steele Scottsboro, AL

paid and signed up about 2 hrs ago. ridiculous, yes bait and switch, i change my search values and still continue to get out of my boundaries I requested. The time spent flipping the heart is valuable time that shouldn't b wasted. very misleading! They just want to milk you for more money. These people in there are not verified and I do not feel comfortable bc of that

roland altmann Canberra, ACT

There are plenty of fake profiles, need to use common sense if there one picture and no profile probably stay away. I got tons of messages and when i responded i got no response. i had one profile who i reviewed and she reviewed me multiple times so i ended being financial premium member so when i sent her a message i got a message she was not a ZOOSK member PARADOX!!! but the profile still was being sent saying she has review my profile and was a active member (green circle) i ended block her. i did contact ZOOSK and they did extend my subscription for a week. I won't be review, but there are some ladies i chatted too, but i was keen on them.

Curtiss Harris Norco, CA

My feeling is Terrible, terrible Spammy feeling, catfish central mixed with strange looking creatures and people who like you but then never respond to your messages, girls with phone numbers written on their foreheads lol. Great looking women messaging you from a town nearly nobody lives in outside of Barstow wtf. Asian models who try to get you to go message on other apps, the same one over and over with different profile descriptions. People you like that never even glance at your profile. IDK my opinion would be SERIOUSLY don't waste your money and tons of your time and energy here very good chance you wont feel better about yourself after using it.

K F Philadelphia, PA

I do not like the way the Views section works. If you scroll down the views, it will tell everyone you scrolled by that you have viewed them. You cannot clear out the section. If you try to delete each individual view, it tells that person that you have viewed them and then they view you back. So, it's really difficult to know with any accuracy who is actually viewing you with interest and who is simply responding to a message that you have viewed them. I've been on the site for eight months and I'm seeing people from eight months ago in the 'new' category - wonder how long you are considered 'new'?

Paulette Hann London, ON

This has to be one of the very worst online dating sites….or maybe they are all like this. Everyone who has contacted me has been a big time scammer. Do not waste your time, money or energy.

Aumie IL

I have on 2 occasions been contacted by potential matches on Zoosk messaging only to have those messages and the connection to those matches disappear. In both cases it was when they were trying to obtain my personal number so we could chat outside of the Zoosk messaging system. Very aggravating but since I've paid for 12 months of service...

Charles Atchue Norwich, CT

Zoosk is awful. When you spend the time to block someone, Zoosk immediately post them again the next day. Over and over again. I want to get a class action law suit to recover lost time, cell phone minutes, punitive damages and attorney fees.

david Richmond, BC

Zoosk is a Big big scam,was on it for 2 months,a paid subscription, fool that I was! Nothing some views, lots of strange looking women,all far away,even when I put in close to home! U would think u could get a coffee or lunch date, at worst it's a free meal for lady or at best it's a new friend,the more money u spend,the less u get...So sad😶

Peter Newman Wellington, WGN

Unscrupulous. Zoosk reduced my search options to the same few profiles in local area. I could not access ANY profile information on others unless I misrepresented my location. Zoosk constantly asked for money but proved unresponsive to complaints. Stay away.

Patricia Larsen Forked River, NJ

Besides the fact that Zwoosk has members that could be potentially dangerous to other members ( I've been contacted by men who speak of guns and shootings, and serious accusations about differing political beliefs) it seems that my credit card that I used for payment was leaked and someone tried to use it to make unauthorized purchases. Fortunately my bank caught it and notified me But obviously the site is full of scammers and I canceled my membership!

The Big Roosters Recipes, Cooking, Eating & Reviews Albuquerque, NM

Listen to this ⚠️ - Zoosk is a Haven for Scammers, and Catfish. I'm a disabled veteran, and very educated I have had the worst experience in my whole life. I have never had a worse time dating ever. Before the internet I had zero trouble dating. I'm not a bad looking dude, and could pickup a date when ever I wanted to. Example I'm 6' 260 Blue eyes, and Italian, Latino, European mix. Here's the thing, I have messaged 1k people on zoosk, no real people. Profiles disappear, they want you to go off site, and everyone of them seem to disappear if you call them out. Customer service doesn't care, it's hard to cancel. As a veteran I feel taken advantage of by this site. This company needs to be shutdown for being a Scammer site. Please be kind to yourself, and go to a better site. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against these people, and there practices. Good luck

bruce Corona, CA

Total waste of time, frustrating to the bone, all fake members and fake photos, they all ask for cell or email to chat and exchange photos (I guess to get people photos and emails and use for fake ads for men). All state they live in a city in California, then all of them are out of state for a visit or whatever silly excuse. all numbers they use for texting are other states area codes and they vanish or disconnected the moment you reveal to them that you feel they are scam. I never got them to actually try to scam me, cause I always stopped in the beginning knowing this can not be a real woman with any feelings. ZOOSK is just bad business to collect money from people. Should be closed down for complete fake website. It indeed should be a class act.

Duane Thompson Seaside, OR

I would strongly advise not subscribing to the Zoosk dating website. Among other things, my criteria for a match specified that the match be no more than 50 miles away and a non-smoker. My smartpicks were often more than 70 miles away and some would be smokers. I would get notifications from matches that said "She wants to meet you" from women who were a 100 plus miles away. In addition to that, these women had never shown up on my list of women who had viewed my profile. So the question is "How can they make that claim when they didn't even view my profile?" Another irritating "feature" of this site is that you have to buy coins to see if someone has read the message that you've sent. In my opinion, when you pay for the use of a dating website, one shouldn't have to pay for that feature. Furthermore, I was unable to check out the profile of these women unless until after I indicated that I liked them before actually viewing their profile. Even then they sometimes didn't appear in my connections and I had no way of reading their profile.

Caitlin McGrew Frederick, MD

Zoosk confirmed that someone created a false account in my name. They listed the account as verified, meaning that either the criminal also hacked my Facebook or email or that they falsely listed the account as verified. The hacker also made purchases with their own credit card to promote this fake account. I immediately took the profile down and contacted their fraud department. When I asked several times for the name on the credit card that was used for these purchases, I was informed that the privacy policy protects the criminal from releasing their name AND that they refunded the criminal. The exact wording is below: "Dear Caitlin, Thank you for your message. As per our Privacy Policy, we cannot provide you with any personal information regarding the credit card used. However, the card wasn't yours and the rightful owner was refunded. Best regards, Johan d J Zoosk Customer Support"

Roy Thornberry Tuscaloosa, AL

I think Zoosk is a bogus dating service. Many of the people you will see are no longer members are don’t exist anymore. However they continue to be populated to keep you interesting. I am no longer a paying member and do not have a profile. However, I was looking as a guest and I continue to see one woman who can use me frequently, but her photo or profile or not present! How does that happen? At times, it will say she is presently online. But, once again I cannot find her photo or profile. It used to be there but now it has disappeared and I continue to get beers from her. Just don’t think this site is for real and operates in a very fraudulent manner. Don’t waste your money!

Aldo Menifee, CA

Bad site. Zero dates in 6 months. Zero quality matches. I answered messages of people supposedly interested, but got no response.

Amber Glasgow, GLG

Love it! I like to get updates on who sent me a message and who is viewing me. Personally, this is helpful. I also met my BF at Zoosk, and it is still a great experience so far. :) However, since it is not free, I hope the communication of customer service can be more active.

Paul Branner Centreville, VA

More than half of the pics are fake! This is a crappy site. I really believe Zoosk posts pics just to make it look like there's a huge data base of members...NOT!!! Don't waste your time!!!

Julie Helligso Seattle, WA

The app is terrible to navigate on an android. Parameters for the user ate limited. Example. I don't want to dare someone 20 years older than me but it won't let me control the suggestions. Nor can I date someone 3000 miles away . The whole site, how it's viewed is just terrible. So many fake profiles.

TM A Calgary, AB

Usually a disappointing experience. Most of the women are totally unattractive in my area however elsewhere and way too far away, they look nice. That is a mystery to me. Also of the ones I do have an interest it is few and far between that I get responses. I am a descent looking , healthy male at my age and it don't mean....you got it.

Zoosk Sucks Clinton Township, MI

I wish I could give it a 0.0!!!! 99% are FAKE profiles. They wanna chat forever but if you mention meeting or video chat all of a sudden profile is gone completely. It’s happened at least 100 times. Profiles will show a white normal height girl that’s obviously in her 20s profile will say woman of color age 54 and 6 ft 4. So zoosk IS all the profiles in my opinion!!!! Total waste of money

Kimberly Kaufman Fort Worth, TX

Not much good to say about the company. Clearly fake profiles, limited number of options - keeps sending you pictures of people you say you are not interested in, fake "interest" messages to keep you as a member, subscription renewal date not accurate, so they get you into another subscription perion with no cancellation capability, overall waste of money. Much better sites out there.

Mark Lamfers Las Vegas, NV

Zoosk wants you to put a mileage limit on how far away you want your potential dates to be. I put 40 miles for a maximum distance. They consistently showed me people that were 200, 300, 500 or more miles from my location. They would often show me people over 1,000 miles away. I wrote customer service 20 - 30 times about this and NEVER got a response. Do not waste your money on this dating site. It does not work

Amy Kartage Newport News, VA

I kept getting notices of men checking my profile, but I wasn't getting any messages. Reading more on this, it looks like Zoosk does indeed send bogus notifications to get you to keep coming in. I've had 2 fake men over the 2 months who chatted with me, told me how nice I looked, wanted to text/call, and then just disappeared. Love bombing! I filled out my information and who I was/wasn't interested in, but the algorithm doesn't seem to get it! I have too much in my life right now to deal with this!

Jim Koutlis Emerald, VIC

I have twice been trapped into subscribing with Zoosk. As far as I am concerned, it is a scam more than anything. Before subscribing my inbox was littered with messages from so called interested parties. So many that i was suckered into paying. Not one return answer. I texted more than 15 potential partners, and received nothing back. I re-vamped my profile and added more pics, but still to no avail. From appearances it seemed that it mostly older women hoping to hook up with younger men, or women searching for affluent men. The first time I took out a one month subscription, and missed the deadline so another monthly fee was vacuumed straight out of my account. One year later, I opened the app and once again fell for the multiple number of queries in the inbox. I felt like a superstar for a bit, but that quickly degenerated to a very low level of swlf esteem. After a 3 month subscription and no luck, I have decided on the life of a loner. I consider myself healthy, fit, hygenic and well dressed, well mannered, literate and educated, not so bad looking, and living a comfortable existence. In any other time and place, I could have gone clubbing and easily hooked up or even found a regular date. Since the pandemic has forced us infoors, it appears dating sites like Zoosk have have grown extra long talons, reeling in victims for the sake of a quick buck

Clarence Bolton Knoxville, TN

I received several emails stating there is a Zoosk member that wants to meet you. When I click on the yes button to meet them, I am taken to the carousel and cycle through it but never find that member! I have contacted Zoosk and I get the same reply every time! ("Hi Clarence, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're disappointed that you’re not pleased with zoosk. If you think there is something we can improve upon in order to provide a better experience, please let us know. We understand that you'd like to be directed to the corresponding Carousel member from your email notification. We will pass this suggestion along to the appropriate department for review to see if it can be implemented in the future. Sometimes it may happen, that the Carousel notification doesn't lead you to the correct profile but to the feature itself. Nevertheless, by going through your matches in Carousel, you'll be able to find the respective profile if the person is still active on Zoosk. As a courtesy for the inconvenience, we have added 7 days to your current subscription term at no additional cost. Thank you for your understanding, and please feel free to contact us again if you have further questions. Best wishes, Zoosk Customer Support") This is Bull $#@&! Why am I getting emails from people that are not members anymore! I will not be a paying customer anymore!

sales sales Waterbury, CT

After logging in and reviewing the site. I decided this site wasn't for me. Leaving me the decision to delete my profile. I wasn't able to delete the profile however, I was able to pause it. Would would think by pausing a profile it would not be visible to anyone. That is not the case. I am getting messages. With the idea I should log back in. I want to remove my information and haven't been able to do so. This leaves to believe this site is not about the consumer. Its sole purpose is to get new subscribers based on how many members it has . Even the ones that wish not to be associated with the site. Beware,

Terry S Saint Cloud, MN

None of the rrporting options work. If you click to block some one they return the next time you search. If you report a fake profile, aain nothing is done. I have at least 24 women age 50s to 60s in a small town 12 miles away. None respond and it's obvious they're fake. Again, all have no kids and never married. What are the odds? A waste of money.

Suz

One star us too good for this site. Let me start with the unqualified people running it. Not sure what qualifications you need, I would think minimal but that seems still to much for them. They put people in your views making you think they are interested but it is all false. They reject photos of your face, same face as the other photos submitted several times, saying they can't verify it. Their call center is in another country so no ties to US or probably even run by anyone in the US. The fake profiles are out of control and they do nothing about. Save your money, this site is a scam in my opinion.

OldManWinter Appleton, WI

Horrible service with 95% fake profiles. Non-existent customer support. I do NOT recommend anyone pay for this service. My legitimate profile was falsely flagged as a scammer, and I was locked out of my own account! This means that I was unable to delete my profile because they claim I am now banned from the service for scamming (when in fact, Zoosk is the one "scamming" people. As further evidence of the scam, I saw someone I personally knew in the "real world" on the site and when I asked her about her being on the site she stated she hadn't been a member for over 3 years. This means Zoosk does not delete your profile but still uses it as "bait" for new users.

Timothy Kawakami Edmond, OK

Quick search SAME PEOPLE SHOW UP DAY AFTER DAY. BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE A TOTAL SCAM UNLESS ONE UPGRADES ALL OF THEIR BASIC OPTIONS.