Turo Logo

Nick Basiaga Boynton Beach, FL

It was my first time using Turo. I heard about it from a friend and wanted to try an alternative to the traditional car rental. Both the website and iPhone app were easy to use and Turo had a large selection of vehicles available. I rented a Mercedes SUV from Ade and I could not be happier that I did. The vehicle was clean and he provided more miles than I actually needed. Both pick up and drop off were a breeze and the whole rental cost was much less than any traditional rental company for the same type of vehicle. I plan to continue using Turo and I hope to rent from someone as professional as Ade.

Gabriel Perry Huntington Beach, CA

I was traveling to Tampa fl from HB Ca for a week to look at homes and I booked my trip including my car rental . The day of my trip I was notified my rental was canceled and they had no cars I was infuriated at how terrible the commercial car rental industry has become . If it was not for Turo I would of been Car less and could not of accomplished what I went to Tampa for . The car was a luxury vehicle and was cheaper then any traditional rental co . Turo is amazing and an awesome easy experience . Once they offer unlimited miles they are going to kill the commercial car rental industry . Thank you Turo I will use you for now on in my travels for a rental car

Diana Munds Park, AZ

This is such a different concept that I was nervous if my owner, for some reason, didn't show up, I'd be stuck with a high rental from an airport agency with exorbitant fees. Nothing like that happened! My owner, ANIL, in Honolulu, was exceptional. I texted him after I'd boarded my flight so he knew I was on my way. Called after I'd deplaned on way to luggage. He answered right away, saying that when I had my luggage to call back, we'd arrange a convenient meeting place and he'd immediatetly leave to get me. I waited, maybe, ten minutes! He loaded my luggage and we drove to his drop-off location. Fortunately, it was in direction of my lodging!! The car was REASONABLE and just fine for going to work and parking it all day. I will definitely use TURO everywhere I go!!

Chris Frazier Gainesville, GA

Turo works very well. Of course, it depends on how your host responds to your reservation and services your needs. I was lucky that my first experience was great and now I rent cars from only one person who has multiple vehicles. That way, the pick up / drop off location is the same and I know the person who brings the car. So, Turo is a wonderful service offering for those who do not want to pay all of the fees that are applied with rental car companies. The app is good because it sends you reminders about your reservation and offers to extend your trip. Customer service is good with Turo when you are having an issue.

Linda L. Chappo El Cerrito, CA

My experience with Turo was really good. I saw something about it on TV one night and thought I would look into it. I knew I needed a car for my upcoming trip to San Diego so I did some research to find a better deal than what is offered by regular rental car agencies, which is no deal at all. I figured out a strategy and then found a Turo car owner near the airport that made my trip easy and affordable. I could take care of everything online, and the car owner was helpful, patient and responsive. Great customer service, it was so good that I booked Turo again for my trip in September. I highly recommend Turo, and I have told my family and friends.

Karen Mellman-Smith Chicago, IL

We had a bit of a "bumpy" ride initially with Turo, but their Customer Service and Reservations team really took care of us. And so overall, I was very pleased. The 1st day of our travel, our initial host messaged me that his previous renters cracked his windshield. He did the right thing by telling me right away. We landed in Boston without a car and were a bit freaked out. Fortunately, our customer service rep (through live chat) stayed with our case until we connected with Reservations, and our Reservations person found other options for us immediately. She too stayed on the phone with me until the situation was resolved. Fortunately, another local host offered us immediate availability and we were on our way. The reservations team really took care of us, especially given the unfortunate experience, and because of that, I have to give them full stars.

Loche Kline Ashville, OH

All was fine and as expected other than one thing, which should be worth your attention. I had been warned, in advance, by other relatives who experienced the same thing with TURO rentals at other locations. My confirmation intentionally specified CURBSIDE pick up and drop off. My vehicle owner texted me the day of my late night arrival that he'd leave the car in short term parking with the keys and money for the parking fee. I insisted that CURBSIDE was necessary. I explained that I am a female, senior citizen, traveling along, who has mobility issues, and who prefers to not be wandering thru an airport parking lot late at night looking for my rental! Plus, I pointed out that I'd chosen his vehicle BECAUSE of the CURBSIDE option! Jeremy agreed (he said he only lived 5 minutes away and for me to text when the airplane landed, which I did). The pick up was rushed and not at all pleasant, but the airport was very crowded so I was ok with the way that it worked out. The morning of drop off, the owner texted that he knew that I wanted CURBSIDE (as was agreed upon and confirmed!) rather than leaving the vehicle in short-term parking, however he said that I'd need arrive by 11am or before (instead of the 11:30am the prior time commitment) since he had another appointment. I had thought about and was prepared to go early, so it was not a problem and I did so. AGAIN, other TURO customers have experienced the same "switch" type thing at locations in Calif., VA and other places, so it might be worth addressing on your corporate end. Also, because I was somewhat prepared for it, and my vehicle owner was fine, this is not a complaint against him. Sincerely, Loche Kline

ANNA Christina Antioch, CA

It has been a dream, having the opportunity to rent practically any vehicle by reserving online. Turo makes doing this both, streamline and very convenient. The prices are absolutely fair, perhaps slightly better than competitors. I'm pleased because of transparency regarding the entire booking process. Turo is amazing as well as their variety of cars offered. The quality is consistent, meanwhile the choices are linear and depends on individual preference. The website displays a range that could cater to any consumer, spanning between the average commuter automobile and towards the luxury, performance and/or exotic ranked class. The personalized transaction simply is not plausible at the outdated rental counter managed by corporations with their fluctuating fleet, erratic authorizations, varied policies based on location, weekend hours and with only a guarantee of waiting in line. As my familiarity grows with Turo, I now have a few owners who I frequent and this is refreshing to further elimate potential stress. I feel the peer to peer platform is professional when using Turo. Stellar service and it is impressive that my needs are accommodated, especially on occasions where I have scheduled at the last minute. Thank you.

Camille Besser Miami, FL

I love Turo. I’ve always been a city girl so I haven’t owned a car in ages. However, sometimes you need one. Turo is perfect for this! I found out about it through a Google search while I was trying to find an affordable rental car. All of the jig companies were just so expensive and had a LOT of paperwork. Turo is easy. As long as you provide your license and a pic of yourself to verify identity, you are set. When you drive you are under insurance. You take beginning trip pics and end of trip pics to show mileage and gas as well as the condition of the car. I’ve had to contact Turo Support when I didn’t hear back from the renter in the alloted time- and they always helped to get me on the road- wether it be them reaching out to the renter, or finding me another car ASAP. All of the renters I’ve worked with have been great and so has Turo as a company. I tell everyone about this! It’s so easy! And you can find REALLY affordable cars and even some fancy scmancy cars if you want to impress someone :) Billing is easy- you have your info in your profile and Turo takes care of the rest. Everyone should use Turo! For when you need a car or want to rent out your own car!

Mariah Christine Baltimore, MD

I am in owner of multiple vehicles I rent out in the Baltimore area. I use multiple platforms but Turo is the best. They are fast when it comes to claims, which I have had to use twice. They are helpful on the emergency line. They get back to your emails within 2 days. The only thing that I don't like is there is not enough notice and dissemination of policy changes! I pay close attention to my money and I rent out cars multiple times per week and sometimes multiple times per day. Therefore, I know immediately when something has changed. I'll go on facebook or twitter and check my email and there will be no mention of the change. Then when I reach out to customer service, they will act like idk what I'm talking about until I press the issue and show them proof that policies have changed that affect my bottom line. If they make that small change and stay the way they are otherwise, I would give them a 10 rating. I felt compelled to write because I'm seeing a lot of disgruntled drivers (not owners) giving bad reviews. If you treat the car the way you would want your car to be treated, you would most likely not have any issues. Now if you do have issues because I'm sure not all owners are truthful or care about customer service, your problem still would have most likely be resolved with adequate documentation on your part such as taking pictures on your own, recording mileage, keeping track of how much you drive, communicating within the app, etc.

Carmen Vargas Davenport, FL

TURO is a complete rip off: fraudulent charges, cero costumer service, extra high charges after the trip was over. There is a very good chance the final price won't be what you expect because of unethical tactics. We will never use Turo again and absolutely not recommend it to anyone.

Robert Clermont Ottawa, ON

45 minutes prior to the car pick up the host canceled. I tried booking a second vehicle and made an error and couldn’t change it through the app. I was charged $200 to cancel because I couldn’t return the car near on time. I will never use this service again. I’m glad Enterprise car rentals was much more reasonable.

Stanley Antolak Denver, CO

I love the idea of this but it ended up putting me in a huge fight with the company and the owner of the car. The owner of the car ran a little scam on us and tried to add extra charges after the trip was over. Turo stands by their car owners far more than their customers so they forced me to pay extra at the end. There is a very good chance the final price wont be what you expect because of unethical tactics and how Turo decides to turn a blind eye to it all. Best to just stay away.

Heideh Farahmand Anchorage, AK

Worst decision I’ve ever made was to use Turo! I wish I had never heard of them. My first and only time using Turo I rented an 8 year old car for a week in Alaska. Upon return I got a “smoking charge” of over $250, plus got banned from the app. I have never smoked in my life, and had no passengers in the car at all. According to Turo I cannot appeal this.

Konstantinos Demenagas Moires, 91

I used the app last month during my vacation in the US. Rented a car in Las Vegas. Returned it only to find out that the host of the car RAYMOND T. had accused us of smoking in the car, only in order to collect the 285 non smoking policy fee. We are both all life NON SMOKERS and is funny that we were accused of smoking. Two weeks later the host receives another review from another guest with the same problem. Apparently this is a scam and TURO will do nothing about it. I hope everyone reads this and be extra careful, because we got scammed and there is nothing we can do about it.

ANNACLAIREATHOME Isaak Houston, TX

DO NOT USE TURO outside of your own country! With reputable car rental companies normal wear and tear is assumed and overlooked. I got washer was the equivalent of a door ding and the host wants to charge me 588pounds for something that in America would be fixed for the price of a good detail job. The car was also handed over to me filthy. Now the host is harassing me and Turo is not being helpful. NEVER AGAIN!

Jones & Julia Lee Riverside, CA

Worst experience ever. My trip was canceled and requested for a refund. They declined it because they only let the host decide but treat the guest (renter) as second class citizens. The customer service sent threatening email when I filed a dispute to my credit company. I will never used this service again and I advice you not to do to. Turo stands for Total Uncontrolled Rental Oblivion.

Nana Ama Akowuah San Francisco, CA

Terrible experience. Horrible customer service. 3 days after I picked up my rental, I found out I was being tracked with an airtag by the host without my consent. I was living alone in a new place and this scared me. This man had access to all of my information. Where I went, how much time I spent in each location etc. I let turo know and they promised to send a replacement vehicle. After 6 hours on the phone with them they changed their minds, and decided that airtags are now allowed without consent so my reason for replacement was not valid and refused to give me a full refund. Note that California law explicitly states this is illegal. Not only have they compromised my safety but showed no remorse for it. I am still as we speak fighting for a full refund. I would not recommend their service and know that if something goes wrong they will not have your back.

Sea 2 Sky Yoga Nidra Vancouver, BC

My Turo host was scheduled to pick me up at the airport as indicated in my trip booking. My host related he was unable to pick me up as it was illegal he then referred to me as rude when I directed him to my booking which clearly indicated an airport pick up. The host stated the car would be locked up in a garage over night so if I couldnt get an uber to the car before the garage closed I'd have to pick the car up the next day.Turo was difficult to get a hold of and the agent was unable to resolve the issue. The supervisor who was supposed to call and address the issue never did. I have used turo before and it's great if all goes well but if you encounter a problem there is no support.

Brown, E. McDonough, GA

The Host Nicholas is a fraud and liar who rented me a vehicle that had no bolts or fasteners securing the underbody cover to the vehicle. The underbody cover became dislodged while I was driving which could have caused severe injury to myself and others. Him and TURO are SCAMMERS who charged my charge card almost $900 for damage to the underbody cover after I disputed their false claim. I also paid $10.80 per day for the additional insurance recommended by TURO only to discover that there was a $3000 deductible attached to it; therefore, the cost of the vehicle's underbody cover was not covered. Another RIP OFF!! TURO works with the Host in getting all of the money out of you that they can and take the word of the lying Host. They disregard any and all supporting evidence, photos and documents that you submit to them towards their claim and favors the Host's claim and lies. Renters BEWARE!! Ask for proof of a clean, complete vehicle check up prior to renting. I will never rent a personal vehicle from TURO ever again; nor will I ever recommend them to anyone. Again, RENTERS BEWARE!!!!

Charles Williams Dallas, TX

I had rented a car for my marriage proposal in Austin, Texas. I live in Dallas. My partner has been talking a lot about wanting an electric car. I decided to rent a tesla for the weekend trip for us. 2 hours before the departure of the trip, the host canceled because he needed his car to move. There was an option to rebook but it was 2.5 hours later at the earliest which was going to make us 1.5 hours late for our engagement event. Needless to say, I ended up driving my car, and they gave me $50 credit plus my refund. I was on the phone for an hour plus with customer service. Which is not worth the trouble. This was my first and last opportunity using the app. Just be weary of this if you have no flexibility.

Carlotta Ohara Benito Juarez, ROO

BUYER BEWARE!!!! I rented a 2014 Nissan for two days in May. It appeared to be Reasonably priced, all good. Then I extended the rental thru Turo which was difficult as the App didn’t show my reservation amd the host was unable to do it so after many texts and calls and I was finally able to talk to a human who took care of it. So I had picked up the car at 10 am and was supposed to return it at 2 pm the following day. When I went to extend the rental by one day I was told the only way to do it was to put 7 pm as the return time, which I did. I returned the car at 4 pm. So when I returned my $42 a day rental it suddenly had jumped up to $63 a day after all the added charges. My ongoing correspondence with them was via texts and emails which constantly redirected me to the App which never worked, not only could I not extend on the app but I couldn’t see the details of the exorbitant additional charges and not only that but my trip never even showed up on the App. Hmmm???? So Customer Service, via email, only was my only recourse. They responded slowly, it has now taken three days. Initially the story was that they charged me $188 I instead of $125 because I returned the car late (4pm when I was told by them I had a 7 pm return time) . When I contested the additional charges as a late charge , which it wasn’t. I was finally sent a detailed invoice of the charges that conveniently came to $188. They had completely changed their tune as to why the charges came to that. No longer did they claim I returned it late. Really???? Bottom line I will never ever use Turo again. They are not up front about the actual charges. you do not have the guarantees of a legitimate car rental agency. NO I don’t recommend TURO. Plus you cannot talk to a human person. Not satisfied.

Saahil Lakhani Bucharest, B

I booked a car for 2 days from Dragana in Las Vegas from Turo. The pickup was great and very easy, the car was in great condition and very clean and the drop off was straightforward. My issue happened after the car was returned - I got a bill for over $250 for supposedly smoking in the car. The pictures of the “proof” that were sent were of some sand and dirt in the car - unavoidable from having walked around in some national parks on our trip and not excessive dirt at all. After contacting Turo to try and resolve the situation, explaining that I am a non-smoker and that they pictures were very clearly not ash from cigarettes but some dirt and sand, they removed my account and insisted the decision was final without letting me appeal properly. I will continue to fight this with Turo but I highly recommend you avoid using them if you want to avoid additional costs. I feel like I’ve been scammed and it’s made more disappointing by the fact that without this ridiculous charge, this could’ve been a 5-star review.

Shawn Sydney, NSW

Warning! Turo values hosts over customers and will not reverse erroneous invoices! I rented a Tesla through Turo for pickup at 6:30pm on the 4th of April in Miami. I had just flown in from Sydney on a 27 hour flight. The car was not available when I arrived and I had to wait 15 min. Upon picking up the car, it was charged to 80%. I drove straight to the hotel for some sleep. Over a month after my trip, I received an invoice for the use of a supercharger on the 4th. I explained to Turo that I did not charge the car on the 4th and requested they ask for the trip history from the host, as this would prove I did not visit a charger after picking up the car. They refused to ask for this documentation and instead trusted the host's word. Simple logic would tell you that being invoiced for charging a car that you didn't pick up until 6:45pm doesn't make sense. If I did charge it, then that means the car wasn't charged at pickup, and I shouldn't be responsible. Either way, it's not right. The bigger issue is how they immediately took the hosts word over the customer. They clearly have no desire to protect the customer and I am thankful I'm only out $12. What if the host had submitted an invoice for thousands of dollars? DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!

Natasha Lozada Hollywood, FL

I have used Turo plenty This time it was an awful experience at the very end- decided to take my payment and not give me my extension / and had to speak with 10 agents literally to finally be given the supervisor- this cost my time and money at my work- since I’m self- employed- also anxiety attacks continuously - the customer service agents are not well-informed- and they only Open a dispute and investigate after you yell and scream to tears- horrible experience! Turo even called host and said I was protected under their Turo code of law- that was a huge lie! Some told me they saw payments other said they did not- even the supervisor did not know what he was talking about- if a class lawsuit is started I want in!

Anita Houshidari Toronto, ON

I was a customer of Turo and used their services 3-4 times. I received 5 stars as a customer from the people I rented cars from. Turo provides greater rental options but the customer service agents are pretty clueless and dealing with them is frustrating as they keep giving inconsistent information and making mistakes. However, the reason I'm writing this review is to share my experience about having my account "restricted", ie, not being able to use the service at all, for a totally ridiculous and nonsensical reason. The reason being: there was an unauthorized purchase by a third party fraudster on my credit card and I reported it to the bank. Turo sent me an email saying they've been notified of this transaction and are therefore "restricting my account", aka... booting me out of Turo. I told them that I had reported this to the bank and that it was a third party charge having nothing to do with Turo and that I would update my card with a new one before I use their service again. Nevertheless, my account continued to be restricted. This makes absolutely no sense as a) I have no control over an unauthorized purchase on my account and b) the unauthorized purchase had nothing to do with Turo, Turo's fees, my account, etc. It was a third party purchase of an item from another third party. When I wanted to use their service again recently, I went to log into my account and I couldn't even log in. I followed up with them and they emailed me saying they've "restricted"...ahem, booted me out and "We wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, but this is a final decision on our part." So, there is no due process or opportunity for me to ask any questions. I responded to them saying I don't believe it is good ethical practice, nor does it make good business sense to throw out customers like this for something that is not their fault. Just wanted to share my experience as I believe companies should be held accountable for how they treat customers.

CRU Fort Collins, CO

Turo seemed like a good alternative to rental car companies until you actually book. My first Turo host would only allow pick up at their home. No alternative location or delivery option available. Then 10 days after booking the trip the host cancelled because they sold the car. So, I figure one bad host. The second host offered delivery options and was an All Start Host. So, I booked the trip and then suddenly they weren't around on those days. The issue here is really consistency and professional behavior. Turo Host are individuals. They do not have a common set of rules or practices. The web site is specifically designed to prevent Guests from performing any type of prep work. You have to book the trip prior to contacting the host. Turo processes your payment upon booking. Only airlines do this. Rental car companies do not. They do not disclose booking fees or insurance fees prior to booking. To see the total cost you have to commit to a booking. You cannot review Turo if your trip isn't completed. So, all the issues with actually booking a trip are not shown on site reviews. I thought Turo was a great idea until I actually used it. Now, not so much.

Gail BRAUN Bonita Springs, FL

I leased through Turo three times. Unfortunately one lease the car was keyed...most likely at a hotel. The Turo host/owner of vehicle was extremely unprofessional about the minor exterior damage, attempted to rip me off by settling with him first thus charging 4 times the actual repair. Once brought to Turo's attention, Turo did not care, Turo's representatives are as disingenuous and misleading at the vehicle owner. It is a poorly run company and the hosts are not bonified or screened because this particular host was also tracking my every move and texting me to keep the vehicle clean and not allow children in the vehicle. I would not recommend Turo.

John L. Union City, CA

You will not believe that when you have any dispute with them, they don't communicate with you but send your bill to collection company to impair your credit. If you rent from them and everything go smoothly, good for you. Otherwise, I can tell you from my experience that this company does not care about you. They will care about going IPO. They skirt so much regulation that you will have no consumer protection and you can hardly get them. Trust me, it is not worth saving just few bucks to rent from them. Their rental used to be alot cheaper but not anymore. Don't be a fool. If you rent from them, you are helping the executives and big investors to cash out their money only. THEY REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS.

Thomas North Port, FL

Turo cancelled my reservation, marked it that I cancelled it, all to allow a host to charge double to rent the car to someone else. We made a reservation months ahead of time to get a good car at a good rate. We paid for the rental and communicated with the host. Then all of a sudden, when car rental rates rise, the host discovers "errors" in our reservation. Turo marks the reservation as cancelled, by me, then sends me an email telling me if I pay another $400 I can have the same car for the same dates. Our reservation was paid for and made in good faith, Turo should have held the host to the terms of our deal. Instead they fraudulently marked the reservation as renter cancelled, to allow them and the host to make more money. Turo's attempt to help me find a replacement was a comedy of errors. The first host did not respond. The second host asked me to pay him directly a $350 damage waiver, Turo said this was fraud. The third host messaged me before he approved my rental that he wanted to call me to "walk me through the process". Turo also said this was fraud. My rental was to be $450, now, so much closer to my trip, rentals for the same dates and same pick up location are $1200. Beware of scammers and do not trust Turo or the host to honor your reservation, if they can figure out a way to make more money. Unfortunately with regular rental car companies charging astronomical rates, there is not much choice. Just be careful and make back up plans in case your reservation gets cancelled on you.

Meanna King Fayetteville, NC

I have rented with TURO twice and when I tried to rent again for another trip in Florida, the site told me I wasn't able to rent. So I decided to contact support as to why and they told me all they can do is do an appeal. I said okay and I had to wait a couple days for a response trough email. So when I received the email TURO said the decision was final and I wasn't able to rent through them WITHOUT reasoning or explanation. I had NO previous issues from prior rentals or complaints. I want to speak to the CEO and let him or her tell me the reasoning because I'm lost. Also if it was an issue prior why let me rent then come to this conclusion.

Sherrie Winston Atlanta, GA

The hosts are amazing. You find really nice/high end cars compared to rental companies. But, the trip fees are way too high. They say it's 10% of the trip fee, but that's not true. It's usually from 50% to 100% of the rental itself. And, I've taken about 9 trips with Turo.

Shopman Herriman, UT

I am so impressed with Turo! The prices were so much better than any of the car rental places. By reading the customer reviews we were able to feel confident in the car we chose to rent. We were also able to make arrangements for pickup, drop-off and we used the owners boogie boards! Great experience.

Jayne Moore New York, NY

Turo is absolutely brilliant, and I will never rent a car the old fashioned way again! How they have made this function I have no idea, but it's excellent. You have a large choice of great cars, you can get as fancy or as chill as you wish, you are fully insured, and the app allows you to photographically record any scuff and marks or damages on the vehicle when you receive it, so every thing is documented beginning to end. I've had some where I have picked them up from peoples homes, and had some scoop me up at the airport, and all have worked so well. Brilliant app.

wendy reategui Burbank, CA

Adam was an AWESOME host! He explained everything I needed to know about his Explorer, that was so clean & with all features make our trip easy and Fun. Adam was quite efficient vis text answering my questions and responded right away. It was a pleasure renting Adam’s Explorer. I will be definitely be renting it for our next trip camping or weekend get away!

Vianca Potts Hialeah, FL

I loved my experience of being able to tour the city with my own vehicle. The drop off and pick up was smooth! The woman I rented from personally said I can request for locations to visit if needed. She was so nice and it was nearly half the price from the huge rental companies! I also felt very safe! The lady I rented from gave me a bottle of hand sanitizer. I’ll be using turo in the future!

Pamela Shanks Springfield, OH

I was hesitant about using Turo in regards to legitimacy but took a chance. I'm glad I did because it was extremely easy, and cost so much less than a car from a rental company. The car we rented was clean, comfortable and in great shape. We rented from a great gentleman who was very friendly, accommodating and punctual. Customer service was very helpful when I called for information. I will definitely use Turo in the future.

Dave Macey Newtown, CT

TURO was awesome to use as an affordable and fun alternative! It was easy to use, to learn and to coordinate with the vehicle owner! Nick's Mercedes Benz 300 in CT was fabulous and he was so accommodating! I would recommend this service to EVERYONE interested in renting a car! The family loved the vacation that much more! Thank you all, esp Nick and his wife!!

AJ Veldusea Beaumont, CA

Our host, James, was great. He bent over backwards to make our trip feel full and awesome! Soon before starting the trip, the communication was great and plans had been solidified for a great start. The vehicle was perfect for our vacation and we hope to call up James for our visit next year. I will add, that we have become so found of Turo that we do not use rental car companies anymore. It's fun to pick from rentals that are more tailored to our needs without any bait & switch. Thank you

Mark B Pearland, TX

I wish they extend the Mileage the customers can take without having to pay extra. Also in the insurance part, if they could clarify things further. I know with other Rental Companies, i don’t have to add extra protection since i’m already covered from my own car insurance. Also using certain types of credit cards has advantage of the other. I wish they just show all of these, for the customer and the host just so everything is clear! If the Turo does this, i wouldn’t hesitate to give it a 5star, and this App has the potential to be the Airbnb on cars 😉. Think about it, to the developers, directors and CEO of the company. Take note

Kathy Ross Chicago, IL

I like the fact that a person have wide range of car's to choose from. The prices range from high to low depending on what a person can afford. I like the fact that you can pick different area's to pick up the vehicle. I didn't no how or if the back windows let down. I searched for button and finally figured out back windows didn't let down. Know way to find out anything about the car.

Oscar Benavides Tampa, FL

I been renting from Enterprise for the last 10 years, from convertibles, luxury, SUVs, and even vans. I been loyal to them until I found Turo. If the vehicle owners can keep their numbers low, clean vehicles and able to deliver the cars at renters convenience. I think this will impact greatly my decisions on renting cars... My experience with my first rental was quite wonderful, very convenient... I selected the car-paid-owner dropped it at my door and when done he picked it up.. extremely convenient.. I will not pay for delivery or pick up, if I had to do that I go to Enterprise...

Tammy McIntosh , OK

All was good until I went to use the windshield wipers on david Hyundai eleantra. They were very worn and didn't wipe the windshield and also the passenger side wasnt even big enough or meant for that car. So I could hardly see in the rain. Also his wife was about 10 to 15 mins late and the car sat there running cause it to go down one bar on the gas gauge. 2 days after the trip eneded David try to request payment of $30 from me for the gas gauge claiming it was under by more than 1/4. He uploaded a picture 22 minutes after the car was picked up. And was picked up late, causing a delay of me getting onto my flight on time. All was well and I forgave her being late and the windshield wiper issues. But trying to charge me $30 2 days later for 1 bar of gas missing because they were late picking up the car is insane. I won't use them again!

Nicole Schloss Tallahassee, FL

This was my first experience using Turo. I was able to book my rental quite easily. I provided all information requested of me and I was approved for my first rental within 24 hours. The host was Brandon was very communicative, as well as an all star host who had over 1,000 trips, so I felt comfortable and confident when booking. Will be using them again to rent.

Dana Smith Chicago, IL

Turo was amazing for me and my girls❤️ We booked a flight and forgot last minute to get a car, since everything in Cali was far. A friend told us about Turo and we used it immediately! AMS was our host and he was so sweet to allow us to use his car as a first time member and keep it all week😍. It was very convenient, inexpensive, and stylish. I would definitely recommend Turo to anyone who needs a car.

Xander Underwood's Nashville, TN

Overall I like how much easier it is to use this app then it is to use the car rental agencies. What I liked most was the guy I ended up renting from, Ben, was genuinely professional and helpful when it came to accommodating my needs. Excellent guy. What I dislike most was the fact that the first person I tried to rent from canceled, and also that the prices listed on the vehicles are not exactly accurate when you account for insurance, mileage, and taxes. I do wish that was more transparent. However overall I would say that the app is an excellent value for the money.

Travis Fletcher Dayton, OH

This was my first experience directly with Turo and I was very pleased with it. My host was communicative and the process was fairly simple. Turo support was clear and thorough as well as being prompt. Overall the use of Turo really enhanced my trip. I didn’t have to go to a rental car counter or wait around for Uber or Lyft drivers to pick me up. The selection of cars available had a lot of variety and the car I chose was clean and smooth to drive. I will use the app again on my next trip.

Mark Reed Albuquerque, NM

Turo seemed to have an almost limitlessness selection of options available for the time frame of our trip to LV. We ended up renting a Polaris Slingshot from a gentleman named Hector and we had a fantastic time with it .We ultimately ended up extending our trip by an extra day and it was easy and painless. As a matter of fact we have decided to stop renting from the big car rental places and only use Turo from now on.

David Stonebraker-Martinez Oberlin, OH

I love how easy it is to find the exact car you're looking for—no hassle, no crossing fingers. When you rent, what you see is what you get. The hosts are some of the most understanding and flexible people to work with, too. You can tell that their motivation is not strictly about how to squeeze every penny out of their customers. They seem to genuinely want you to have the most carefree trip experience possible.

Kim Priebe San Diego, CA

This is the first time I used Turo but it won't be the last because it's the only way to rent a Tesla Model 3, which I have an extreme bias for because it's my car at home. For that reason I am grateful the company exists but I did not give the platform 5 stars for 2 reasons. First, it does not operate in Australia or New Zealand, the other places I have needed rental cars in the last couple of years. I can't really hold it responsible for that but I was really (very...) dissapointed none the less. But more so because I felt the check in/check out process was completely out of touch and needlessly sloppy. My main complaint is that the app never even texted me a reminder (much less required me) to search the car for damages, or to do anything at the time of acceptance. We arrived at night with the car parked on a public street and the owner unlocked the car remotely so there existed a chance that neither party would have known if the car had been hit right before I picked it up. The first time it occurred to me that I had neglected to check for damages was when I was walking back to the parked car the next day and I saw it had been freshly side swiped on the rear corner. It wasn't a big damage but I knew it would be very expensive to fix because I have the same color and am aware it's a 3-step paint job which costs a lot more money to fix than the other colors. I had a mini 'hear-attack' before quickly remembering Tesla cameras record everything. So I spent 30 minutes checking the car's video clips to make sure the damage didn't happen since I got it before I could relax. Later when I texted the owner about it he volunteered that the damage had occurred the day prior to my rental. Eventually when all cars are made to record their surroundings, then the renter won't be so vulnerable but had I rented anything else on the market today, I could see this as having completely ruined my vacation. That being said, I will continue using Turo in whatever locations they operate but will know to set an alarm to remind myself to check for damages before driving away.