Priceline Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

Such a great website to use when purchasing flights, hotels and rental cars. They offer some really good deals on their express deals if you don't mind not knowing beforehand the flight or the place you will be staying. It has saved us hundreds of dollars. They also are very helpful and have great customer service.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

I am a fan of Priceline! I have two daughters that play volleyball collegiately and we travel sometimes last minute to go watch them play. I love Priceline because I can name my own price and find some great deals on flights as well as hotels!

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I always check on Priceline whenever I am going on a trip, for hotels, flights, and rental cars. They are easy to navigate and look for promotions that will be an even better deal. They find the best deal, they are easy to book through and I haven't had anything go wrong after the purchase and reservation. Great Company!

Karrie Ogden, UT

I always use Priceline for last minute hotel deals. I love the bidding aspect because you can often get a room for a fraction of the price of other websites. I feel comfortable using their app and even if you have to call their customer service representatives are well trained and can help.

Amanda Sherwood, OR

I LOVE Priceline! I do a lot of traveling especially around the US and I always get their express deals as you can easily figure out which actual hotel will be the "surprise" hotel booked! Always get hands down the best rates on the market!!

Josh Quiat Birmingham, AL

It’s easy to use but always ends is some form of infuriation being charged multiple times. Wrong addresses . I never hated an app so much. I will NEVER ever recommend or will use it anymore.

JOE MADARATS1 Arlington, VA

II RENTED A CAR THROUGH PRICELINE FOR TWO DAYS ONLY USED CAR FOR ONE DAY STILL CHARGED FOR TOW DAYS RIPOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presley Hurley Sparks, NV

i selected purchase protection on my flight and they said “Trip protection purchase failed. Your trip has been booked, but the insurance you selected has not been purchased.” they are so incompetent and don’t care about their customers and didn’t do anything to help me

Nate

They deserve 0 stars. Booked a hotel and when I arrived I realized I was in the ghetto. Don’t dare come outside during the day and definitely not at night. Street parking for my Acura. Priceline would not cancel the reservation. They said the hotel won’t cancel it. Well why the F would they!? Never again

Frank Sepulveda McDonough, GA

They promoted a hotel for $50 per night but when I arrive the hotel did not look like the hotel on the web page. The area look like the place was for addicts and hockey’s. Not a safe area and no refund. They took me for $183.98. Do not book anything through Priceline.

Erin Hasselmann

I paid over $500 to reserve for a room 4 months ago. I found out today that my granddaughter has MCAS testing the week I booked and Priceline REFUSED to work with me. No amendments or modifications. That's absolutely insane and I will NEVER use them again!

Amanda Winter Yorkville, IL

Horrible customer service after booking. Suggested that I not cancel room to book a different one, that they would reach out to hotel and get back to me on room change. Never followed through, prices of the rooms increased, and customer service recommended that if I'm not happy to just cancel my booking.

Kanwalnain Hans Buffalo, NY

Worst service experience. Please don’t book a car from them. Specially when the booking is to pick up from Buffalo Airport Dollar or Herts company as the representatives are same . Worst combination, ripoff, waist of your time.

cjkpotts Valparaiso, IN

Completely insensitive and lacking in common sense when dealing with a date change for a car rental. Impossible to work with and just a horrible overall experience. We travel often, and will never use this company again. They do not appreciate their customers or stand by their product.

Mindov Ermatte Black Mountain, NC

Unless you need reservations 2 days before departure, chances are you lose hour money if and when your schedule changes. Their booking is no refund, no change, no cancellation. Not even rental car reservation is cancellable or changeable. Their prices are low because they can keep your money even if you cannot make the trip.

Kimberly White LaFollette, TN

Terrible! Does not honor trip protection plan cancellation even during covid cancellation beyond customers control!!! Please do not use this company! Terrible customer service! You will waste your time and be out a lot of money if any thing happens!

Flames Lawrence, MA

They are the absolute worst. I still cannot understand how a company as such are allowed to operate with no accountability. Customer service is the worst and none of the agent knows what the other has already completed for them to go from there. You will be on the call and be hearing winds blowing in the background and babies crying. Honestly there is no words to describe such bad service.

Jonathan Kortes Wolcott, VT

Horrible. Booked a hotel for my trip, it said "Flexible cancellation until Jan 2" turns out flexible cancellation means you have to pay 3 days. My trip was only for 4 days. I wanted to cancel just 20 minutes after booking because I looked into the hotel and it wasn't what I wanted, thinking I had time to change my mind. Now my trip isn't going to be what I wanted it to be thanks to priceline's totally misleading claims.

María Fernanda Reyes Calzada New York, NY

I was not able to go on a trip due to COVID. I had to personally contact the hotel to ask for changes, after the hotel agreed to make the changes Priceline refuse to do them. They were rude, unresponsive and unhelpful. Other stays on my trip were booked through Expedia and Booking, they were actually trying to help and were NICE. NEVER BOOK THROUGH PRICELINE!!!!

The Nomad Evansville, IN

I think that priceline ha to implement gentle exception to policies for reservations that are made in the wrong city of a state. After repeated. request to speak to customer service agents there was an intense refusal and lack of understanding for any mistakes in the reservation process. It seems that the hotel/motels and priceline are both supporting each other at ( keeping the money with no alterations in reservations at) the expense of the customer . Its quite shameful and unprofessional to see such sharking with this business .

Ms Jackson Mesquite, TX

They don't their employers' terms and conditions: “Book an Express Deal and we'll refund 200% of the difference.” That's a complete lie. The rep says she can't see it and in order to honor this, she would have to be able to see it. I logged out, used my VPN, and somehow still got the same results that showed a $400 cheaper rental. Very disappointed in you Priceline!

Sandy Ghobrial Ottawa, ON

Priceline is a worst app you can ever use It is basically a scam to take your money and never get the service you deserve or you need. I booked a hotel with them in a specific area which they have changed by themselves refused to refund me and customer service is the worst all they say is “i’m sorry” which basically means that’s how it is. Worst service and worst app no customer right at all.

LDUBOIS La Prairie, QC

TERRIBLE!!!! did a booking via my travel points with BMO Mastercard who outsources to PRICELINE.COM. I had to cancel my flight due to COVID. I was travelling with AIR FRANCE , which i called multiple time (because Priceline.com are so incompetent) who confirmed my flight was totally refundable. Calling back PRICELINE to advise them of my conversation....they still denied it. I must have been 8 hours total on the phone to get to a partial settlement.. (a voucher good for 6 months!!!) . The employees are RUDE< UNWILLING to help, totally USELESS. AVOID this company!!

Mike YLW Kelowna, BC

Booked the Super 8 in Golden, BC for Dec.8, 2021 through Priceline based on the price (US$57 + tax) and the availability of breakfast and a hot tub. When we arrived, the hotel advised that breakfast and the hot tub have both been shut down since the pandemic began. Since it was prepaid, the hotel said that could do nothing. When we contacted Priceline customer support and requested a US$20 partial refund, we were told we could not be compensated. The matter was supposedly referred to the agent's supervisor but 48 hours has passed and we've heard nothing.

Jackson Zeiner Seattle, WA

Booked a flight to Hawaii via priceline. Priceline claims our flight was cancelled despite Delta Airlines telling us that it wasn't cancelled. They refused to fix our flight and kept asking us to speak with Delta despite the fact Priceline were the ones who arranged the trip. After sitting for hours in hold with customer service they have been unable to offer us a solution.

Sami Salim Orlando, FL

Never use as 5heir guidelines and policy is shady. Rented a car and got chargers 56 dollars for a car I was not giving by the company who said can't take car out of state line .Priceline however did not mention that nor has it on their disclaimer .they refused to refund my money and preferred to loose a customer forever .their support has a script and same answer keep coming out .

Yasmine Assadipour CA

Horrible DO NOT RENT OR BOOK THROUGH THEM - made a car rental Rez and then when we changed the trip to be 1 day longer I called Priceline 3 months in advance and they wouldn’t help us change the Rez, told us to call car rental comp, car rental comp told us call Priceline - just horrendous all to just find out if we could have the car for 1 more day.

Shopman Herriman, UT

I feel like I am gambling when I use Priceline. I just want a nice room. When I use Priceline I don't know if I am going to get one. I also wish they let you search by indoor pool, not just pool.

Jenny Frank Brooklyn, NY

I made a car reservation and never received confirmation details. I called Priceline the week of my trip to obtain the details for my reservation such as where and when to pick up the car. The man on the phone was incredibly rude (I thought he was having a bad day, but no they're all like that), and he refused to honor my reservation. He literally canceled my reservation and then also refused to give me a car rental for a different date or a refund. He instructed me to do a chargeback through my credit card and hung up on me. Months later, Priceline is disputing the claim with fraudulent and false information. They reported that I asked to cancel the reservation, which is untrue, I had to rent a car from somewhere else because they wouldn't honor my reservation. They also requested that I submit the rental agreement or invoice I received at the time of making the reservation, which is a joke because they know they didn't send me anything. Turns out, Priceline doesn't have the rental agreement or invoice either. Priceline submitted a screenshot of a website page where they entered in information to make up the details of a car rental at my same price, but they're idiots because the screenshot says at the top "Almost done! Enter your details and complete your booking now." It isn't even a screenshot of my car rental, it's all fabricated. I can't get my money back because they keep submitting fake and fraudulent info, numerous examples beyond the one above, and they scammed me out of $244.69. I called Priceline back and the man was just as rude as the last time I had to speak with a representative over there. He told me that I was basically a fool for filing a dispute because now I will never get a refund and that he refuses to give me documentation regarding the cancelation because it can be submitted to help my claim. He also hung up on me. Do everything you can to avoid this company at all costs. There are plenty of cheap car rental, travel agency, etc. services out there that won't scam you and steal your money. Go with anyone but Priceline.

Teresa L Payne

I will NEVER use Priceline again!! We had reservations for 2 nights at Country Inn and Suits in Meterine, LA. We called our hotel and they didn’t have our reservations. So we call customer service and they absolutely no help, plus they didn’t speak English. We were stranded in New Orleans, La on New Years Eve without a room. Customer service kept telling us that they couldn’t find us a room and would just refund our money. That’s all good and well but we still had no room to stay in. We found hotel openings on their website but they claimed they couldn’t see it on their side. This company is unreliable and will leave you high and dry. Customer service sucks!!!!! We had to pay out of pocket for another hotel.

Deanna Campbell Fort Worth, TX

If you are considering doing business with Priceline.. save yourself the heat and just pay the extra few dollars and go with a reputable company… here is my story thus far.. I am approximately 41 days or 6 weeks in with NO resolution… This is my 12th call since August 3, 2021 and each time I am told something different. I had a rental car that literally broke down on me and I received a replacement vehicle that I could NOT drive bc the registration was expired. I was stopped by the police and advised that I should not continue to drive this car. I complained to Thrifty only to be told I MUST report this to Priceline for resolution. I began contacting Priceline on August 3, 2021 and have continuously been given the “runaround” Ever since. Every call has ended with“ I will email…. Dept and they will FollowUp with you directly.. only that the FollowUp has NEVER happened … I have documented my last 3 phone calls. 09/09/21 Priceline Sr Customer Relations Rep Cris - advised he will escalate to “Priceline operations team bc Thrifty was paid using Priceline voucher and he is unsure what is meant by previous representatives note “Thrifty will refund customer directly” 09/13/21 - Marco Priceline no option for Priceline to process a refund.. can only email Thrifty but Priceline canNOT process a refund. Marco was also very rushed and rude. Customer disconnected call.. Called back for 3rd time on 09/13/21 - spoke Terri - advised she sees the notes but I need to speak with Customer Relations directly bc she is unable to see emails.. transferred me to Ron - Sr. Agent - still waiting

Jesse Hunting Philadelphia, PA

Priceline employs deceptive marketing intended to con people out of their money. I made the mistake of making an express purchase on priceline.com for a car rental and needed to change my reservation. When I called to change the reservation I was informed that my reservation could not be changed because I made an express purchase. To all those looking for a good deal, look elsewhere and pay a few extra dollars for a reservation you can change. I also made the mistake of pre-paying for the reservation, so I could not put a freeze on my CC to prevent the transaction from being completed. Buyer beware with this company!

Jackie Ludington, MI

DO NOT USE EXPRESS DEAL!!! it's a lie! You WILL BE charged the same price that's already listed on their site. Express Deal = Priceline chooses the hotel for you, you have NO idea what hotel you will get. You are led to believe that it's going to be a better deal than what is on their website. SURPRISE!!! IT IS NOT!!! I booked a hotel 2+ weeks ahead of time by using Express Deal. I chose the shaded area on the Priceline map. Once I clicked accept, it gave me a hotel out of the shaded area about 10 miles south west. Not where I wanted to stay and it was a 2 star hotel! Also, the cost of the hotel in the "Express Deal" was the SAME EXACT PRICE on their website! I called customer service 5 times total. 2 times on the same night of reservation and 3 times the day prior to checking in, because I was advised to call 24 hours prior to check in, by the representative that I spoke to the first time. Customer service NEVER helped me. In fact the last one I spoke to said that it looked like the prior representative had said I wanted to cancel my reservation! At NO TIME did I say I wanted to cancel my reservation. All I said was, I wanted a discount because of their website be misleading. Bottom line: it wasn't an Express Deal at all! DO NOT USE EXPRESS DEAL!!!

Roman Balanzov Richmond Hill, ON

If something goes wrong, get ready for an unpleasant ride. I booked travel to Mexico including car rental. The plane was delayed and when I came to the car rental facility, they released the car I booked and only one available was at an upgraded cost. Calling to Priceline for help is pathetic, their lines are busy, if they do pick up, they give you another number to call, this other number says they can't help and then you spend hours, already tired. I chose an upgrade car since I did not have all day to deal with Priceline not coming through for me and decided to call back the next day to see if I can downgrade at the next available date. They sent me through loops again only to tell me it was my fault for upgrading and that I have to deal with this myself. Honestly, the customer service is absolute crap, and I will pay premium for peace of mind next time. Will never book Priceline again

Hendra Thornhill, ON

I have always booked my vacations with priceline.com for the last 20 years it had been great, but when there is an issue like last week, in the reservation it said this particular best western hotel is pet friendly but the hotel itself said no pet allowed, so basically there is misinformation between hotel and priceline.com so the hotel rejected my stay and I had to scramble find a hotel at 11:00 pm because of their mistake, I called customer service a few times they not responsible of this error of their website. unbelievable, so next time you book with priceline.com you will never know your confirmed reservation will turn to not accepted by the hotel. Goodluck trusting this company and his reservation, as for me i will never book with this unresponsible company anymore for my entire life.

P.S. Laurel, MD

I wish I had read the reviews before booking! I did research on rates on a hotel I wanted to stay at in Nashville and finally booked through Priceline, however, I realized that I booked the wrong location so I cancelled (thankfully was not charged) and rebooked the correct location. I fell for the little window that flashes (call us to get a lower rate) so I called and got a lower rate, HOWEVER, when I got my invoice from the hotel, it didn't match the invoice from Priceline. I called Priceline, the customer service rep didn't know how to answer the question about the difference in price so she put me on hold, and finally came back to say that the difference was the PROFIT MARGIN! Seriously?! ~$80 profit margin on a 4 night stay at the Holiday Inn Express?! Never booking with Priceline again!

Jey Markham, ON

Do not be fooled by the lower price scam – Total fraud!- Priceline or Price-Lie Priceline trip #: 419738706, 419738710 Hotel: Quality Inn. 3825 Boulevard Wilfrid-Hamel Quebec City QC G1P 2J4,canada Booked for Saturday, August 21 2021. Booked 2 rooms I booked 2 rooms with via Priceline Trip for August 21st for 142.92/ night which seemed to be a great offer given the price ranges I came across while searching. Arrived at the Quality Inn hotel as planned only to hear that my name did not appear anywhere in their system or records. The staff from quality Inn did not look surprised at all, their reaction was very strange, they just took the time to advise us that Priceline had been cheating and ordering on their behalf without notifying them..and that the only option was for us to re-book with them Of course the price per night had now doubled and only for 2 adults/ room (instead of 3 which is what I had paid for initially ) and so I decided to inquire directly with Priceline. The conversation with the staff at Priceline was a complete nonsense. It was ridiculously obvious that they were trying to fool me around by transferring the calls and excuses to one another only to let me know that my booking could not be accepted by the hotel because there were no more availability. This was also a lie since I was there and could still see some customers walk in and book directly at the hotel. Priceline ended up saying that my booking had been cancelled but they actually cancelled it while I was on the phone with them live and not prior to that... When I asked who and why it was cancelled they were unable to respond. They said no information in regards to that was recorded in the system.. This is probably the only company who cancels booking without any feedback or records of their employees or customer consent... To date I am still waiting on my refund and had to re-book 2 rooms which I did but in another hotel as I could seriously sense the drama and game play between Holiday Inn and Priceline with the ultimate goal to make me book full price with them since I was running out of time. Please do not be fooled. Priceline is using people’s vulnerability and personal situations ( long drive fatigue, family with kids, no time to wait) to cheat on customers and put them on the spot with no other choice than ending up paying full price ( money that was initially reserved for the following activities planned during vacation)... My vacation plan is already spoiled at this point. If you have also been faced with this issue and been cheated, please comment and reply so we can bring awareness and stop this fraud from happening so openly. I will never book again with Priceline and don’t recommend anyone to do so either.

Sarah Todd Dallas, TX

So we booked a room in a hotel that was supposedly in Kearny, Nebraska. It was an express deal and it didn't give me an address until it was booked. They booked us a room in Brush, Colorado. Which is six hours away as we had already left Colorado. They refunded us the money except for that now we have no money for a different hotel because apparently it will not be there for a few days. We live in Minnesota. It is a very long drive and they won't even help us out by putting us in a different hotel even though it is their fault for having the hotel set in a city it wasn't even in. We will never use them ever again, as they obviously freaking don't know how to help out someone who has no money for another hotel room. Thanks a lot for a whole lot of nothing.

Zx14r Rider Colorado Springs, CO

I booked Hampton Inn &Suites Colorado Springs August 16-19th 2021 through Priceline as for $206/night. Checked my bank account and was charged $944. The email that was sent had a $290 added fee for “Tax Recovery Charges and Service Fees.” This is NOT a $314/night hotel. Spent 3 hours total on the phone with “agents” who were working from home and kept repeating the same phrases. I waited for a supervisor, but the agents kept hanging up. Total scam. Reading the reviews for Priceline/Agoda, they are making millions doing this. I will now stay in Marriott only and pay extra for booking directly

Sandy B Buena Vista, CO

PSA: Do not ever use Priceline to make your flight reservations. They are a scam. I made reservations that were suited my needs. I had a lay over of 1.5 hours at JFK. JFK is bad enough as a lay over but 1.5 hours was do-able. After my deadline to cancel my flights ended, Priceline changed my flights, although I later learned those flights are still available, to a lay over of 4+ hours at JFK. I can not speak to a Priceline representative as they claim I am not within 2 weeks of my departure date. And if I try to reschedule to my original flights, I will be charged $200/ticket to change my flights. What a frickin scam. Please pass on to your friends. Priceline are thieves, liars and abusers to the flying public. Please do not use them.

Sumi Don Silver Spring, MD

Worst Experience with Car Rental: We finally planned a vacation after two years and decided to rent a car. My fiancé has used Priceline on several occasions and never had an issue. He selected BWI as the car rental pickup and it gave him options for DULLES airport which is over an hour away from us. Because he's used Priceline before, he rushed through the process assuming that if he chose BWI, the site would ONLY POPULATE OPTIONS FOR BWI. We drove to BWI to pick up the car (which we rented probably 2 hrs prior) and realized our mistake. The customer service agents basically gave us no solution. To say i'm frustrated is an understatement. I could understand if we booked a week ago, but it's literally been TWO hours and now, not only are we significantly inconvenienced, but we lost a full day (by the time we got to Dulles, the rental place was closed) and have to postpone our drive. I look forward to never working with Priceline again--for anything.

andy gardner New York, NY

customer service is absolute trash. i tried changing my return date and received no help. all i got was the runaround. one rep tells me a seat is available, but says they need to request a price and me call back. when they call back they tell me the seat is taken. we try another date/time, they say they have a seat a available but just need to confirm the price, they'll call me and tell me THAT seat is taken too. and keep in mind they dont call you back in 5 minutes, they call you back after hours of waiting. and anytime you call them, the wait is more than 2 hours, in which they place you on a call back list. basically this entire process could take days, especially if every time they request a quote and call you back, the seat is taken. when they called me back the next day (YES THE NEXT DAY), they told me the seat was taken AGAIN and they need to check another date and get another quote. I hate them, everyone needs to be fired. and they need to learn better customer service. AND even though the seat wasn't available, i was still charged and i still didn't get my return date changed. And i'm still waiting for them to reverse the charge. PRICELINE SUCKS! AVOID AT ALL COST!

Les Luck Danville, VA

I search for a hotel in Concord NC for the dates of August the 7th and August 8th through Priceline.I am very aware of how to do this because I have been dealing with Priceline since 2014.Hilton popped up with an incredible deal for 63 dollars an night,but with fees and taxes it would be 84 dollars.It read book now for a standard room,so I did.After booking a confirmation came up confirming my reservation for August 12 ,the wrong date.I contacted Priceline right away only to be told my refund was nonrefundable and the dates could not be modified due to the hotel policy.They contacted the hotel anyway after placing me on hold for what seem like an hour only to tell me that the hotel would not give them authorization to change dates or cancel the date.I then contacted Hilton myself and they said that it wasn't them and that it was Priceline that would not do it.I contacted Priceline again,had them put me on three way with the hotel,by then the lady at the hotel was angry and spoke very rudely to me but did explain that Priceline had to do it,while the agent from Priceline was on the phone and again Priceline refused to do it.I then hung up and decided to look back at my search history on my phone from search engine and it took me back where I had previously search and that's when I realize that I did not make this error because my search date on the calendar read August 7th to August 8th.I then contacted Priceline once again explaining this,but once again got nowhere.I even requested to speak with a supervisor,once again got no where.So basically they are stealing 84 dollars from me because there is no possible way I can go to a hotel in the mid week, because of work and school.I feel cheated, scammed and dispointed by a company I gave my business to since 2014.I will never trust Priceline again,please be very careful with this company,I reported them to the BBB,and in doing so,I see where they have nearly 5000 complaints against them.This company should be shut down.They are taking advantage of hard working people and under the pretense of thinking they are helping one find a discount hotel but could care less about a error made on their part as long as they have your money and your credit card information.I am going to attach a copy of my search where it shows the dates I search for the hotel in Concord NC.

Sambosky Clarkston, WA

At this point almost nothings. The person making the reservation was nice but the reservation was one of the worst dirty hotels I have stayed in. First they charged $401.98 for two nights. Nasty entrance was probably not cleaned in Months, landcaped probably never was touched, Hallway carpet was so dirty you could not clean it and should have been replaced. The workers were nice but they could not do much with this slum like hotel. Priceline built it up and said they gave onstar a discout. As usual, the price was the same if I had just walked in. If I did that I would have walked out. Neverwill I use priceline again.

Sharon Shaheed Altadena, CA

This company is out for your money ! Never will I go Priceline. I booked a round trip flight to Grand Rapid, MI online going business class for 2 adults. Confirmed the flight and seating paid for the flight then 2-days before the flight leaves, I see that they have given me for the first half of the flight business class seating and for the change of flight economy class seating. This seat arrangement was for round trip flights. Who in their right mind would pay for a higher price ticket to get business/economy. When calling in to complain to get this problem resolved, it was a joke!! All the representative said that they were sorry but... it could not be changed. I am not one to ever complain but I am so...angry at Priceline scandalous business ethics that I had to write a review. I will never do business with them again and I hope you do not either.

Kate McIlraith Vancouver, WA

I booked a trip to Minneapolis on Priceline that included plane tickets and a car rental (Budget). I was traveling with two young children who would need 5-point harness car seats. After booking, I tried contacting both Priceline and Budget to add the car seats to my car rental, assuming that this would be easy to do. Priceline insisted they couldn't do it, and Budget insisted they couldn't do it. Both companies told me to contact the other. When I tried to speak to a manager or "senior agent" at Priceline for assistance, I was on hold for a very long time and eventually my call was dropped. They were completely unhelpful. Additionally, I found their app to be glitchy even for the most basic tasks. I will NEVER book at trip through Priceline again.

Don Mesibov Potsdam, NY

Buyer Beware, I wasn't: When I went to the Priceline site and looked at possible flights, it was made clear that I could cancel within 24 hours. After selecting my flight, I was asked if I wanted to book a rental car. I did. Then I was asked if I wanted insurance. I said "Yes." Later today I found a better flight, on Priceline and tried to cancel the first. I was told that only the flight cost could be refunded. I was still on the hook for $400 on a $1200 total purchase. Apparently in the fine print it indicates that the rental car fee is non-refundable. Maybe it's my disability, but when I saw the larege print at the beginning that the trip was refundable, if canceled within 24 hours, I assumed that appied when Priceline then asked me if I wanted to save money by renting a car and then if I wanted protection by taking insurance. The disclaimer about the rental car was among 14 bulleted items on a list I received on the last page of the multiple page confirmation they sent AFTER I had made the purchase. In my case the reason for the attempted cancellation was because I had reserved an alternate flight, with rental car, on Priceline, thinking I could get a full refund on the first flight since I was cancelling within 24 hours. However, if you reserve a flight with Priceline and accept their offer to add a rental car, what I want the public to know, so that others are not fooled as I was, is this: If you have to cancel your trip, whether due to illness, death of a companion or any other reason, you will not get a refund on the rental car or insurance fee. This can be a substantial part of the cost of your trip. What Priceline did to us may not be illegal. It is certainly deceitful.

ami denman New York, NY

I booked a reservation at the Midtown convention center hotel in NYC on Priceline for this weekend (had to come into town for a trauma course) The pictures show that clearly this hotel is in disarray and in fact not open. Silly me for just assuming that it would be. I spoke with two Priceline representatives, including a supervisor, who refused to rebook us in another hotel. They said the hotel was closed for Covid and expected to reopen 8/1/21, which is laughable. I explained that a site credit should be provided given the hotel I did rebook is costing 400$ more. I was offered an offensive 5% discount off an Express deal only. Be aware that Priceline does not check the status of the hotels and further investigation may need to take place before assuming the hotel is available. Better yet, avoid Priceline altogether.

April R Houston, TX

I viewed two top notch, newer Cancun resorts on the Priceline website. They were TRS Coral and Atelier Playa Mujeres. Priceline offered a deal that I would get one of three hotels for a great rate. The three hotels in the running were TRS Coral, Atelier Playa Mujeres and Villa del Palmar. The deal stated these were compatible hotels. I took my chances and that was MY WORST booking mistake I’ve made in ages. This was the typical bait and hook. Villa del Palmar is far from a new resort, the accommodations and NOTHING like that of the other two resorts AND Priceline booked us without their all inclusive offer. I tried cancelling to no avail and had to stay at Villa del Palmar AND pay for all meals, etc. I am extremely dissatisfied with this experience. If Priceline is offering booking options similar to Hotwire, it should at least come close with hotel comparables. My fiancé and I travel a lot. Literally booked approx. 4 hotels with Priceline in just this month alone. After this experience, we will be taking our business elsewhere!

arlene cano Weslaco, TX

DO NOT BOOK HERE!!! Our all inclusive was not honored and the rooms originally booked were NOT given to us!!! After paying thousands of dollars for a group of 7, our all inclusive was not honored. the hotel kept stating that Priceline did NOT pay them for our all inclusive package!! The reception staff are horrible and will NOT give you the attention as a paying guests. Their minds are either trained to shut down the guests concerns and situations. Oh, and they go hard on with buying timeshare/residential property, as they call it. Check in: We arrived at the resort at 5:30pm and was not given a room till 11pm, mind you they gave us a room that was already occupied and my children walked in a naked handicapped lady. My children and the lady were terrified. Not a single apology for that mistake. They charged us an $500 CASH deposit when we had already paid for the resort fee at the time of booking. The next day we had to repack our luggage and move to other rooms but they had given us rooms that belonged to a time share guest, so there goes our group of 7 moving again causing us to miss our scheduled activity. Our rooms did not get serviced with towels nor toilet paper. Check out: A day before leaving, went to do the pre-check out to avoid any additional charges because our return shuttle to the airport would be there for us at 7am. When we get to the lobby there was already a line of 15 guests with complaints and concerns. One guest was there to complain that she had $1,500. USD missing from her room, another group of 18 were upset because their COVID test results were not ready when promised and it caused a member of that group to hyperventilate and faint in front of the whole lobby and the manager at the moment asked everyone to settle down and that she was going to call the police instead of an ambulance for the gentleman. Horrible experience!! So, finally after an 1 1/2 hr we get the checkout statement for review, well they had added all these charges out of no where. We had charges for meals that we had paid cash for, charges for drinks that we didn't even drink from the refrigerator, charges for room service that we never called for, and the list goes on and on!!!.. DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!