Match.com Logo
LAST UPDATED: June 15th, 2022

Match.com officially launched online in April 1995 as the pioneer for the online dating industry. Match.com serves 24 countries and hosts websites now in 15 different languages. With a simple message, Match.com is available to help singles find the kind of relationships they're looking for.

Match.com members form a diverse, global community of singles who share common goals - to meet other singles, find dates, form romantic relationships and meet life partners. Young and old, gay and straight, from around the world, singles come to Match.com to flirt, meet, date, have fun, fall in love and to form meaningful, loving relationships.

Read our Match.com reviews (below) to see what other online daters are saying about this company.

The Good

• Large Dating Pool
  • Free Trial
  • Site Features
  • Verification

Large Dating Pool

Match.com has been one of the world's largest dating sites since the online dating industry began. It's the most popular online dating app in seventeen states. This company has had many years to understand how online dating services work and have matching features more complicated than most other online dating sites today. Because there is such a large user base registered, Match.com's dating algorithm is more effective and precise about picking "Mutual Matches" than ever.

Free Trial

There's a free membership trial version available either online or as an app download. Match.com has a 6-month guarantee for its members. If a Match.com member is unsuccessful in finding matches, Match.com will give an additional 6-months of service added to their subscription free of charge.

Site Features

• Advanced Searching - Search options include users by who's online, keywords, gender, age, sexual orientation, location, any field included on member profiles, daily matches, reverse matches, mutual matches, smart search, DateSpark, and more.  Members can save their searches with a name attached to refer back to later.
  • Auto Sign-In - Set and turn-off auto sign-in to make logging in easier.
  • Available Advertising - Members can signup to advertise on Match.com websites for an additional price
  • Blocking Privileges & Reporting - Block or report users to keep your profile private and safe from harassment
  • Chat - Instantly send messages and chat with other match.com members online.
  • Email Notifications - Notifies you by email, anytime you have POF account activity waiting.
  • Favorites - Choose and stay updated with your favorite match.com members.
  • Games - Choose from seven, 1-5 minute games to play with other match.com members to increase interaction and offer compatibility.
  • Included Games: Best and Worst, Drawn Together, Food Critic, Gut Reaction, If I Could, Name that Dance, and Romantic Rip Off.
  • Happen Magazine - Read the weekly magazine offered by match.com that's always devoted to helping your love life.
  • Link Account To Facebook/Windows Live - Users can link their match.com profile to their Facebook or Windows Live account.
  • Match.com Guarantee - Match.com guarantees that their members will find possible matches through their site. If a match isn't found match.com will pay for an additional 6-month subscription.
  • MatchPhone - Up to $6.99/month more depending on the current plan. Talk to other match.com members on your own phone, while keeping your actual phone or contact information private.
  • Message Center - Keep track of your messages and conversations in one place. Organize, highlight, store, and delete messages conveniently.
  • Filtered Email -  Add  1 - 7 email filters of your choice. Specify attributes and filter certain members you'd like to receive emails from.
  • VIP Email - Send VIP emails once a week (resets every Monday). VIP messages will be bold and highlighted as they show up in the recipient's inbox. Also, the sender's profile will be highlighted as it's shown on the "VIP" member's profile.
  • Mobile Application - Works for Apple iPhone, Windows 7 Phone, Android - Updated May 2014
  • Match International - International dating profiles available in 15 languages.
  • Online Dating Safety Tips - Learn how to date smarter, safer, and with more confidence.
  • Phonebook - Keep contact information for all of your favorite match.com members with the Phonebook feature.
  • Profile Pro - Professional writers are available to write your match.com profile for an additional cost.
  • Registration - Register can connect with millions of other available singles.
  • Stir Events - Members are invited to attend "Stir Events" in their area as they're scheduled. These are local events around the country hosted by match.com. Stir Events are intended to let users get to know each other in a group setting while face to face.
  • Includes Events Such As: Bowling Nights, Cooking Classes, Dance Lessons, Happy Hours, Wine & Tequila Tastings, and More.
  • Who Viewed You Section - See what members have viewed your profile and how often.
  • Writing Help & Dating Tips - Improve your dating style with writing guides or lessons to teach better messaging and communication skills.

Verification

Match.com  has a new verification system where users can verify their profiles by connecting their Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn page. This verification process is optional. While the dating service does not conduct background checks regularly, they may do so if your profile is reported.

The Bad

Customer Complaints

Even though Match.com is one of the top online dating sites today, unfortunately, there are a lot of consumer complaints. Most of the claims are problems with the product or service issues. There have been many complaints about billing/collection as well as guarantee/warranty related issues. Members have also complained about getting spammed with dating emails, and having their credit card information stolen.

The Bottom Line

When most people think of online dating today, Match.com is a popular dating site. Men, women, online daters have been using this company for nearly two decades. However, there are a few pros and cons to consider. The free version is minimal and doesn't allow members the freedom to date and communicate as they please. So if you're considering Match.com, we suggest looking at a paid subscription so that you can get the most value with your online dating experience. Having a paid membership will give you access to all of match.com's unique and fun features but you have to be willing to shell out some money. But if you're newer to online dating, you may want to stick with the free version until you know that Match.com is right for you.

Many using Match.com have found long-term relationships, while others have complained of scammers and fake profiles. This is to be expected with pretty much all online dating services and dating apps as it is a relatively open social media site.

Given Match.com's experience, features, and a large user base, it is a viable option for online dating.

You can download Match.com's mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.

View Best Online Dating Companies

eHarmony vs Match.com

View Comparison

2.4

Private Oxford, MD

There are a few real people on match but a lot of the activity is some people match has hired to reach out via profiles of people who are no longer active. It's very obvious since the commnication style is wholly unlike the profile, the person just sends vague, have a nice day, messages without ever delving into content (and often have not read your profile), and then disappear. It's sad and manipulative. The two stars are for the brave souls who are for real - I've made a friend with common interests. It's not LTR material, but I'm happy for his friendship. So if you are committed, and don't take the young people over seas getting paid to interact with you seriously (grown me do not use emoji's that way folks), you might find something worth while in mud.

Valerie Jean Isaac Forsyth, GA

I have been on Match. Com about 5 months and maybe met one guy that was decent enough to look at and he just wanted casual, everyone else was unattractive or lived far away. I even signed up for them to match me and that was worse, they found the worst of the worst. It was the worst thing I have ever done. I knew after the first week it was a mistake

Trenton Knight Bastrop, LA

Put 100 dollars into a match.com subscription. I went through literally every female profile that came up, sending each one a unique message and hitting send. I did this until I completely ran out of matches. Not a single one ever replied to anything I sent. I waited several days and a few more profiles were available. I messaged these, saying I think I'm shadow-banned (because really, how did I not get ONE reply back to anything I sent?) and asking them to just send a reply to prove I'm not shadow banned, and that I'd really appreciate it. Still no replies. Not even a "hey I got your message so if you can read this you're not banned". Nothing. I basically wasted 100 dollars for absolutely nothing.

Laurie Marshall Wynnewood, PA

One of the biggest drawbacks is you can't see a list of people that you messaged, or the contents of messages that you sent - UNLESS the person responded to you. This is REALLY inconvenient because it's hard to track who you messaged or what you said. It's also embarrassing if someone shows up on the Discover list and you message them again!! Keeping track of conversations (whether you get a response or not) is a Basic function that Match should provide.

Tom Pacheski Queens, NY

Probably one of the worst websites for dating. The technological glitches are rampant. They don't separate inbox and sent. So, if you send something to someone that you "liked", their profile just disappears. The phone app is dreadful and often doesn't allow you to do anything from a settings or administrative side. It tends to reject valid passwords as well. You used to be able to see who has viewed your profile, now they want to charge you an extra $25 a month for this feature. There are many fake profiles that get sent to you, such as young girls putting there age as 60 and either have an empty profile or a minimal one (the scammers caught on that people will report profiles that are empty, so now they fill out the profile, the same answers for each one). Also, match.com will match you with people that are no longer active on the site but have not deleted or hid their profile. Awful.

Mario Martin Montgomery, TX

I have been divorced for over 10 years and with the motivation I decided to enter the online dating platform. After a few years of not so much success, I had left the online dating for a few years. Recently, I was encouraged to try Match.com after a friend had found his soon to bride. Currently I'm on Match.com and I'm finding my experience to less complicated and more fulfilling. The available matches seem to fit my personal expectations and I do feel that Match.com has proven to be better designed and insightful.

David Plant Kokomo, IN

A gal was sent to me of which I found most interesting. Struck up my FREEBE and decided her answers seemed robotic. Reading between the lines, I now do not believe my correspondent was real. I'm headed to the local gathering places and forget about online dating ...

Zipporah Sutton Gualala, CA

Match.com is the worst dating site I've ever experienced. I wouldn't waste a penny on it ever again. I signed up for the premium deal and it was far from premium...not only did I lose out on over $120.00 I got scammed by a promise of finding a connection when I couldn't even get a reply. I've been on other sites that were free and didn't nearly cost as much had better deals and we're way better than this one by far. Most of the women on there are bots and fake and you can tell. I'd say that a good 30% of women on there are real but nothing that I'm looking for...figures. This site is a scam, false promises ready and willing to take your money and of course has NO refunds because they know you'll be asking for your money back after or during your experience...which there is no experience or action period. Don't waste your time...and this is a REAL REVIEW. Good luck!

Ivy Frazier Atlanta, GA

Match is only as good as the people who sign up for the service. I have had multiple photos rejected. I had one with my face at an angle to show my beard and another with me sitting in my car showing my profile; both were rejected. On the other hand, I have seen a female whose primary profile photo was that of a dog. I have seen another with only one photo and it was a caricature SMH. I'm not going to mention that 90% of the female profiles have photographic filters on top of filters. I've used Match off and on in the past, but it's a joke. The women seem to have a free ride to post anything. Ironically, most of the females mention honesty and no game playing, but they put on 2 lbs of makeup and add filters on top of that; women have killed online dating. There are way too many profiles that are not paying members. You have to sift through two dozen before you find one who is a paying subscriber i.e. able to correspond with you. It would be nice if Match only showed paying subscribers, but I guess the bait and switch wouldn't work. Anyway, I would not recommend Match to men.

Amy Rose Boston, MA

I have been using match off and on for YEARS! They have gone so very downhill, I will never go back. I can't even begin to list the countless issues that I have had! Stay away. I can tell you that I switched to Zoosk and they do have technical issues but the amount of potential suitors is very large compared to match. It is like night and day!!!

Matt Davis

I joined match and after a week saw that it wasn't performing like I had hoped. The amount of people available and the amount I liked and messaged verses how many of them viewed my profile. So I was unhappy after a week and called customer service for a refund. They refused to give me one, said I only had 2 days to do that. I told them just prorate it for the week I used. They refused and have stuck me with a service I don't want for 6 months. SO REMEMBER IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOU HAVE 2 DAYS!!!

Michele

I decided to start a match account Sat feb 20,22 right before noon time. I kept getting promoted to verify my phone number. Each time it tells me I need to contact customer service. Customer arrive didn't open for at least about 15 hours so I'm out that money I've already spent along with conversions with had already been made. I finally spoke with someone telling they they "didn't know" and would have to send the problem to their back office. I received an email about an hour ago (currently 6:52 pm on 2/21/22. With no explanation, my account was terminated. No reasons why. Nothing at all. The sound was paid in full and it better be refunded in full as well. What a load of shit this site is.

Craig Slist Oak Harbor, WA

The biggest problem with Match.com is they don't remove profiles for inactivity per customer support. Match has a system has an "Activity Status" that shows a "Solid Green Dot, Empty Green Circle, Empty Yellow Circle and No Dot or Circle for Inactive: the member's last activity was more than 72 hours ago". Match also states a "...member's status can be updated when they log in to the Match site, or when they open email notifications from Match in their personal email account. I have been a paying and non-paying member of Match for close to two years and noticed this because I live on an island in Washington State and noticed that Match was showing me the same profiles over and over and the status of these profiles always show No Dot or Circle meaning their profile has been inactive for more than 72 hours ago...meaning they haven't logged into Match or checked any emails from Match because just opening an email would update their status Match according to Match website..."when they open email notifications from Match in their personal email account". After researching this it seems to be a community census that dating sites like Match keep inactive profiles in an attempt to appear like they have more people using the website. This doesn't mean a lot of people don't use the site which gives them the ability to advertise the number of users they do but it does NOT mean that is how many "ACTIVE" users they have which appears to be significantly less to none depending on where you live. Anyway, this was just an observation I noticed because I happen to live in a small town so the same profiles showing up over and over and none of them ever being shown to be active for over a year led me to this discovery and my conversation with Match customer support. So I'm sure if it it happening in my city it is happening on a bigger scale in larger cities. One of the biggest problems I can find with using these types tactics is it can potentially do harm mentally to people looking to meet someone when they spend time reading all these profiles and actually hitting the "Like" only to get no responses from anyone and lowering their self esteem. When in actuality it's not because nobody is responding to your "Like", it's because nobody is there anymore...it's an abandoned account and it wasn't because they didn't "Like" you back, but because your "Like" was never received. In the end, maybe dating sites are a big waste of time....not a complete waste of time but at least partially, if not significantly based on the number of abandoned accounts that are still active on these websites? Something to think about...hope it helps.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

After trying out Match.com for a month, I decided it was my least favorite dating website. There were hidden costs invovled in order to access all of the websites features, in addition to the monthly premium you already paid for. I can't say for sure, but in my case, many of the profile pictures were extremely outdated. Not one person out of the 4 I met in person looked anything like their photos, which were all over 5+ old. Lastly, I didn't care for the types of people that I was being "matched" with. The questionnaire is not helpful in narrowing down the search for like minded people in my opinion. To top it off, Match, charges more than other dating sites that I think offer better service.

Katie Kearney Vienna, VA

I was always against online dating because you always here those horror stories. My sister had told me one day that "online dating introduces you to people you might not meet." I took that to heart because the things I liked to do didn't really offer me a lot of opportunities to meet people and so I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. I spent some time in the app and it was really easy to navigate through and search for potential matches. I was able to put as much information about myself as I wanted. After a couple days on the app, I met my, now, husband! If you are debating trying online dating, I would tell you to take the risk! It can be so worth it in the end.

Gary Thibault Euless, TX

SLEAZY! I've had bait & switch tactics three times. I paid for a promotion they sent me. WASTE of money. they promised read/send messages. B.S. Now they have taken away my ability to see who has viewed me, along with other parts of the subscription. Now they want me to upgrade to Premium for $19.00 a month. That is no deal from the promotion. This company headed by Shar D only wants your money period!! Stay way. If you've been taken in, don't be afraid to dispute the charges. They will not give you a refund.

Liz Cottrell

Match is the worst of all the dating sites. Around 85% of the pictures are of people that are not subscribing to Match and in the middle of my subscription they blocked my access unless I agreed to their new contract terms. When I demanded a refund for the balance of my subscription they said no problem and there has been nothing but major problems- I have not one cent refunded.

PhillyKM Ambler, PA

AWFUL. By far and away the worst dating site I used. Constant sexual harassment. I reported five men in my first two weeks, one of whom made me feel unsafe. No refunds. They offered to shut down my account but said no refunds and that they don’t guarantee love. I am ok with that risk. What I am NOT okay with is constant harassment. I spent $160 for two weeks of self esteem kill. Do better match.

Josh Lash Seattle, WA

I didn't even get a chance to become a member. I answered the initial questions and posted 4 pics that were completely normal fully clothed pics. I went on the next day to write my summary and they blocked my account. I then received an e-mail saying my account was terminated. After calling 2 different dept. and emailing back and forth they provided absolutely no explanation as to why and all they say is due to our privacy policy we can't tell you why we terminated your account. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You're going to terminate someone before they even start and not tell them why? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Then on top of that when I asked for my refund they said, oh you have to contact iTunes for that. Worst company I've dealt with yet for online dating.

the bike shop Madison, WI

A friend recommended an associated Meetup activity in my area. Somehow when I followed the links to =register for that, I was actually registering with Match.com which promised to be free. Once I had gone through all the rig-a-ma-roll and people started responding to my profile, Match tried extorting money from me to actually make contact with them! When I complained about the paywall in my profile, I was immediately kicked off -go figure : ) So they spy on your content. Pathetically, they will also charge a premium for people desperate enough to pay to play beyond their field. They call this r]feature "Boost." So someone well beyond my age range and well out of my physical condition starts flirting with me. That's terrible! I don't ant to hurt anyone; I expected a Match and if they want money for their hustle, the fee scale should be right up front. Sleazy pimps!

DNR Mechanicsville, VA

Not very many attractive 50+ men on this site if you live in the Richmond, VA area. Lots of old accounts and many with no profile pix available. Those that are on there mostly post old pictures to draw you in. The few people I did communicate with were either illiterate or were too busy messaging other people to write more than a few words. Match doesn't like to refund your money for a negative experience. Hint, the pen is mightier than the sword. If you were to hypothetically disparage the company throughout your profile they will voluntarily refund your payment and delete your account. Hypothetically, of course. 😉

Jwllry Blog Brisbane, QLD

I've been a Subscription paying member of Match twice in the last 2years. Each time I paid for 6mths and received an extra month or two plus a discount which was nice. HOWEVER, all of that did not make up for the huge numbers of scammer driven profiles. Without exception, all the good looking men were scammer driven profiles. Even as an older female, I have a good memory and remember such things as profile wording and individual photos. I also used methods like FakesBook, reverse image search, reverse phone number lookup, etc. Particular profile wordings were connected to specific photos. So as soon as I read the profile wording I knew it was scammer driven. I say 'scammer driven' because the photos are stolen from innocent men's social media. The scammers must run the show I think. I would report up to 20 profiles each day but the same photos and profile wording would reappear after a couple of weeks. Obviously, the scammers paid with stolen credit cards because Match is not cheap, which always made me wonder whether Match ever checked or verified payments. In the end, I decided not to pay again because I NEVER ACTUALLY GOT TO THE POINT OF MEETING ANYBODY FROM THE SITE IN PERSON. Even now I still get my 24 'matches' sent in an email daily, but they are the same tired old photos along with a good smattering of fake profiles. Even if I block a member due to being quite obviously not suitable that profile continues to be presented to me. WHY SHOULD I KEEP PAYING FOR THAT LEVEL OF BAD SERVICE? Only an idiot would keep paying. NOT ONE SINGLE GENUINE INTRODUCTION TO AN ACTUAL PERSON! And that's after viewing every profile between the ages of 30 and 70 on the whole east coast of my country. PLENTY OF SCAMMER DRIVEN PROFILES TO CHOOSE FROM AND DREAM ABOUT! But that's as close as I'll ever get on that dating site. I HAVE WASTED 2YEARS AT A TIME IN MY LIFE WHEN EVERY DAY IS PRECIOUS.

Toni Montuori

MATCH a is a staple in on line dating. I’ve used it many times with satisfaction. Their prices are competitive and the website is easy and clear to navigate and set up your profile. This is without question the most well-known place for singles to meet and I would recommend it.

Peter

Don't cancel through the dating site - do it through your bank! Once deleted, a site can't charge your account, and if they should do so, the bank is obliged to retrieve your funds and return your money to your account. Otherwise I find dating sites take up huge amounts of time as you can not know what kind of dating arrangements people have already in place when you first contact them. It is a bit of a 'cattle market' which can be exasperating. Also there is a lot of distrust among members which arises from all sorts of previous experiences. If you go for this kind of pass-time, take a deep breath first! Having said that, it does work, and I have met and had at least one long term 10 year relationship from Match.com. You do have to sift through a lot of nonsense though first before you find genuine people.

Antonia Montague , IL

I guess it's just the time we live in, but meeting people is difficult these days. Most people look for a site that will help them meet up with someone who matches their interest. I used Match.com and it was overall an interesting experience, for lack of a better word. First you pay a fee. (The fees are not astronomical). Then you set up a profile, upload some pictures and you're on your way. I would say that Match has a large selection of people because they're one of the better known sites. It is up to you to "vet" the people you're talking with. I met some good people. I met some I wasn't interested in. I met someone I'm still seeing a year and a half later. Overall, my experience was good. The only disappointment I had was with trying to cancel services. Be careful that you're not charged beyond your cancellation date, and double check to make sure your profile is removed when you're no longer interested in their services.

Lawrence Johnston Northampton, MA

Very poor customer service. They cancelled my account after some years of using match. They now want you to pay a significant amount over and above what the renewal rate was to keep any of the prevous functionality.

Angela Bowling Buckley, FLN

I have been on Match for about a month And I have found a reoccurring Thing happening when a person of usually very attractive looks and profile contacts me we usually manage about three messages each at most then I get a message from Match saying that the persons account as been suspended and they have vanished. It’s happened so many times I can’t help believing that Match are using fake profiles.

177 Kearny

Can we give less than 1 star? I paid approx 44.00 for a 1 month membership and was unable to view my "like" and "introductions" i called match who reported you need a 3-month subscription to dothat SCAM. This is a very new requirement because I've used this site in the past without this issue. The 3 monthe subscription is about 100.00. Wow they are trash company .

Mary Godfrey FL

I signed on for a one month membership for basically $50.00 which was not worth it They show same profiles for a day or so and then those profiles disappear. If you find someone you would like to say hi to there is an extra fee. This is not a site I would recommend.

Dave Fortin Kingston, PA

I feel like this is very sub par. I had been a customer for a very short while before I realized that I couldn't afford it. I also don't like that you can't view what's out there before signing up. You have to create a profile and be bombarded with emails before actually knowing if it's something you're going to be interested in.

Linden Ritchie Tucson, AZ

I paid good money for this service. When I was having trouble remembering my e-mail and password combination, I requested password reset help. After getting a new password, it quit working. I then was arbitrarily "cancelled". The reason they gave me was " suspicious activity." I was simply trying to access my account. I spent 4 hours talking to the five different customer service agents (that speak marginal English) with the same answer from all of the; your account has been suspended and it was for ' suspicious activity'. Who runs a business like this? In all my years, I would say that of all the 'customer experiences ' I have had with anyone, this company is the worst. There is little to no accountability. It's no wonder the Federal Government sued them a few years ago. In fact, I hop Match goes under. Soon. Signed, Linden Ritchie Tucson This company took my money. It's plain and simple. Match is unscrupuloius. They will rip you off if they can. They avoid resolving issue, put you on hold for hours and there is no accountability. Don't try calling head office because they will firewall you. I will however, get my pounf of flesh even if I have to drive to Dallas to fin Joe C COO, Sam Y CFO or anyone else that cares about customer service.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

I found my husband on Match💞 I definitely recommend it to all my single friends. The app is super user friendly. And hopefully I never have to use it again…but if the need does ever arise… I surely will. 😅

Vy Ha Birmingham, AL

There are catfishes sometimes and I wish these accounts could been banned or be monitored better. I like the quick and easy format used to make up your profiles though and it seems to be a popular website so you meet many new people at once

Philip Rose Aurora, CO

I was only a paying customer for one month. It absolutely did not work for me. However, I have no complaints about their management or business model. I spoke with 2 of their "dating coaches" and they tried to be helpful. I took myself off because i was spinning my wheels, going nowhere with match. If you are an older fellow like me, 68, and you just want to look at the pictures of ladies, they have plenty of them. However, if getting a response from any of them or actually meeting someone, my experience tells me that your chances are so very slim. I joined and immediately heard from 2 ladies. Then 2 days later both were not on the site anymore. From there I became proactive. i sent courteous, well written intro. messages to 27 ladies. 26 ignored my messages. One gave a one sentence response just wishing me luck. I am a decent looking gentleman with strong character traits, just what these ladies claim to want to meet. here lies the problems: More than half of the ladies in their 60's on match state their preference for men is the men need to be 45-58 years old. This is something that would make them feel younger about themselves. They have little interest in a man's character just so long as he is considerably younger than them and I will add, that these women, many 5'3'"-5'6" demand that the men they are interested in must be at least 6' tall. being in great level of fitness as I am apparently counted for zero as I am a truthful 5'9". So fellas, if you want to date women 10-15 years older than you & you are a tall man, then you may have a chance on match.com with these wonderful ladies in their 60's. I did not want any part of their nonsense. After a disappointing month, I exited match.com. However, I do not have anything negative to say about the company or its practices.

Melissa Pleasant Grove, UT

I tried several online dating sites over a period of about two years and I liked Match.com the best. The site is easy to use, the communication features and settings are convenient - and, most importantly, I felt that the quality of the people I was matched with was much higher than sites like OKCupid or PlentyofFish... I never found my match on Match.com, though...

Madelyn Moselle, MS

I met my husband 7 years ago on match.com Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined meeting the man of my dreams from a computer screen. It's been 7 wonderful years. Thankyou match. I would and have suggested this dating site to many....and to see my friends finding love just as I did is amazing.

Y Holiday Concord, NC

The site is a rip-off. Your paid membership does not allow you to look at who likes you. The one-month membership is $45 but you have to subscribe to a 3-month membership for an additional $110 to see who likes you. What is the point of the $45 membership? It's a complete rip-off.

Brick Sturner Kissimmee, FL

It's very simple: I paid (in advance, as all must do) and met and for a short while, dated a woman. It turns out she was more than a leeetle crazy, was a sycophant, OH, and a liar!! The sixth week she goes, "I should have mentioned that I'm married." I broke it off, she cyber-stalked me, and filed some complaint to Match and they promptly terminated my account without due process or a refund. So basically they are an uncaring, nameless, voiceless, greed machine that ALSO OWNS OkCupid and Hinge, from which I've also been terminated without a refund. Isn't this unamerican? The psychos and truth deniers are influencing Match so if you value your money, don't use Match, OkCupid, or Hinge.

Gurpreet Deol Edmonton, AB

I have joined Match in the past and this time, I thought I would be appreciated as a customer. I was offered a discounted price via email, but I make a mistake during the purchase and ended up paying more. I reached out to Match.com customer service and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Match.com is a money scam. Do not sign up. I signed up for 3 months, and I have never been so disappointed. The choice of men on there was horrible too. Very needy men who keep messaging you repeatedly if you do not reply. Not a single good catch in 3 months. What does that tell you? Match.com will talk themselves up and advertise itself well, but you will be very disappointed to learn you wasted your money. They do not care about their customers, or care to keep them. Due to a low number of people signing up, they’ll take your money and then you’re stuck with them for a few months. I’ve never been so frustrated.

Kevin Rusch Tooele, UT

Made the mistake of trying match.com again after a couple years away. I left because of deceptive billing practices and false matching and likes they create in an attempt to keep users engaged. Like before, as I neared the end of my term, I could no longer access my account settings or change my password. I received an error message multiple times and was directed to email customer support. I attempted this process multiple times over a few weeks with no luck. Of course during this process they withdrew double the membership fee I originally signed up for and they still have not resolved access to my account. I can navigate all areas of my account accept for my membership section. Very dishonest business approach and shocked I was dumb enough to use match.com again. Biggest crooks in the online dating world. Won't make the same mistake again. Users beware....this dating services is worse than a third rate gym membership when attempting to cancel. Steer clear!!!

raywood ,

The website has serious bugs. I have encountered these: (1) Women have told me that the history of our conversation disappears sometimes. In other words, they can't see what we've written to each other previously. Some have gotten mad at me, on the assumption that this is because I blocked them. When I complained about this, Match customer support seemed to be unable to understand what I was saying. They actually advised me to clear my browser's cache and cookies, as if this would change what other people see on the website. (2) For weeks now, I have had problems logging in. Yesterday, for example, I was not able to log in to Match.com using the Chrome browser. Instead, I was redirected to uk.match.com. Great if I lived in Britain, but I don't. I was able to log in using Firefox, but that was atypical. Most days, an attempt to log in on Firefox runs me through the website's Captcha, and then puts me back at the login screen. Match.com customer service has been completely unhelpful: here, again, they keep sending back messages suggesting that I clear my browser's cache and cookies.

Philip Rose Aurora, CO

I have not had any scam attempts since I have been trying Match. The ladies profiles are real but some may no longer be on the site, so you may be sending a heart felt message wasting your time and effort. I cannot speak for all men. I am one example. I am a decent older gentleman in great shape. I have character traits that the ladies say they hope to find, so they say. My results are extremely poor using Match. I write nice courteous messages to ladies in my age group. Perhaps 1 in 12-15 responds. Then as a man, you are competing apparently with numerous other men. I am 70. The ladies who initiate messages to me are almost all 3-10 years older than I am. The ladies around 64-69 know that there are numerous men on Match so they prefer men younger than they are and dismiss me, even as I say, I am in great shape. For me Match is frustrating and I have been spinning my wheels getting nowhere. I don't know how to solve the failure that I have experienced and continue to experience using Match. I am an intelligent, friendly gentleman of average height, 5'9" . Match has ben a dreadful experience for me. I have current photos, a carefully written profile, and my messages are courteous and respectful. That has all counted for absolutely not a thing.

LukeVas New York, NY

1. In my personal observation hence perception, this outfit and their affiliates are likely plagued with FRAUD. They collect hefty fees for making people to believe that customers will have access to hundreds of thousands if not millions of singles, seeking marriage, friendship, companionship, etc. if they pay hefty fees UP FRONT, and go along with additional piecemeal traps for paying more and more. Moreover, they plant "lawyers" and other observers into the pool, making sure that that their scheme is not uncovered or not distributed among customer thus provoking mass cancellations. 2. It starts with something like "FREE, find millions of singles looking for you, FREE". They collect your info, but at the end of the FREE subscription process you see nothing until you "subscribe", i.e. buy into their fraudulent tricks. You see nothing for free, but ... NOTE!! ... now they have your what they call PROFILE. It's the profile's they merchandise, sell, promise, use for temptation, and for enticing people into their process. Note again, you haven't signed up yet, but they already your profile, and even if you do not want to subscribe, you cannot withdraw your information. It's all out there, sold, marketed, viewed, as if you were already a member. Of course, the viewers won't get a response, but that can happen from legitimate members too if they are not interested. Hard to tell, and they milk the last penny out of this scenario. But, that's not all. 3. Members' subscription expire, or they quick. They are out. But not their PROFILE. They continue to get merchandised, viewed, and offered for view. Again, those seeking responses from these will not get any because the folks they are "viewing" are not around. But they do not know that, and have no way to ever know that - unless their friends or others join and see nonexistent members' PROFILES still floating around in the system, bringing in moneys. In other words, they sell merchandise that does not exist!! 4. If you get suspicious and ask questions about the system, or about what's going on, and one of their on line floaters see it, you get terminated from the system for violating the "terms of the agreement", but no refund! I hope this provokes thought, and attracts scrutiny. In my opinion, this is largely a fraudulent operation.

Selphie Keller Los Angeles, CA

I recently signed up for match.com as user name MYSTAGIC, and got a few people that contacted me, but I couldn't view or click on any of this stuff or even know who was viewing me, until I pay for service, so I paid for service to see who was messaging me, so I wrote some responses to a few people and started talking to someone and we were really hitting it off, but I had to sleep it was 3 am, so I logged out and the next day my account was terminated and no indication to why, and I know I didn't write anything offensive or bad, I uploaded a single photo, and barely used the site, I didn't even have service for more then 12 hours so I wasn't even able to setup anything or proceed with talking to the person I was talking with and now that I am no longer on the site I have no way to contact them. Using match.com was one of the most awful experiences I have ever had with any online site. They give no warning or even explain why your service was terminated, when you try to talk to them they simply refuse to give any real information, and after doing so research into this company they have had serious issues dating as far back as 2011. I paid for service on: 10 December 2017 at 00:11 am account was terminated at : 10 December 2017 at 06:14 am I only used the site for roughly 3 hours and got permanently terminated, for some unknown reason that they won't even tell me. The only response I got was some automated message of: ------------------------------------------------------------ Dear MYSTAGIC, We received your inquiry regarding the status of your Match membership. Please know that due to our Terms of Use, your Match account has been terminated. We believe this action to be in the best interests of our member community. We can also confirm that a full refund has been issued. Your bank can provide you more details about when it will appear on your statement, when the funds will be available to you, etc. If you paid to attend an upcoming Match Event, please know your name has been removed from the RSVP list and any charges associated with the event have been refunded. For reference, our Terms of Use can be accessed at the following link: http://www.match.com/registration/membagr.aspx. Regards, Match Corporate Care ------------------------------------------------------------ Overall, I do not recommend this site for any reason whatsoever. They robbed my chance of talking to someone that I found very interesting, though it's very possible that the activity sent to my account was entirely fake and generated by match.com to be fooled into buying service. Seeing how, not even moments after signing up I receive allegedly all this winks, profile likes, and private messages, from real users, which I find it hard to believe I got all that activity within my first 10 minutes of using the site with a incomplete profile. Then after buying services I could respond to these items. But then suddenly without warning my account is terminated, and I have to get a refund, thankfully, I paid through paypal and have buyer protection. If your looking for dating sites, I wouldn't put match.com any where near my choices, and I will never recommend this site to anyone, and anyone asking about this site, I will tell them the very short experience I had with it.

S.S. C. Pueblo, CO

Beware of tricky cancellation policy. It's done online and even when you think you've done it right, you perhaps have not. It's an auto-renew and the only way to cancel is to stop auto-renewal and then go on and on and on to other screens. I thought I had officially cancelled but I was charged for 3 more months. Apparently the cancellation did not go through. I e-mail them the same day I saw they were about to charge me again to ask why and to try and stop the pending charge. I got no response. Later I went online to their customer service chat and was basically told too bad. I am now disputing the $74.00 charge with my credit card company. Very poor customer service experience.

Melissa B. Gainesville, FL

I had only signed up for a few days (paid for in advance for a six month subscription) , and it was going very slow. I'm average looking / weight wise, all normal (with pics) but go one email in several days. So when I contacted them by email to cancel , all I got was useless canned replies. I had to call, so I did. I hate calling any business due to social anxiety so doing this is a challenge,but I wanted my refund. I had to deal with some immature high-school giggling bimbo type , who claimed she couldn't hear me . I don't know why that would be , but the main irritant was the useless giggling with others around her. I had to hang up as I got nowhere. Will definitely cancel before renewal.

Laura Pleasant Grove, UT

I was a member since November and bought the "private" option (making my subscription price about $10 more) and would also occasionally pay for "undercover" to favorite and look at profiles without leaving a trace that I had seen them. It all started failing around 2 weeks ago. Bought "undercover" - as I had done many times - and looked at (and favorited) profiles which, afterward, stated "they can see you." The last straw was going online tonight while my profile was in "hidden" mode - where, supposedly, no one can see you and you don't come up in searches. Well, someone had viewed me. I sent them multiple e-mails twice about the undercover issue a week ago. No response. Being paranoid (it feels like either a staff member is messing with me, someone hacked my profile or their site is faulty), I immediately pulled my photos and canceled my subscription. It's terrible that their customer service dept. can't even respond when you're paying those fees. And half the time I wondered if the profiles I looked at were even real ones. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Leon Yoakum Los Angeles, CA

Signed to try and meet a nice person to date. Wasn't successful. Did not like the price of service.

Valeria Londoño Miami, FL

I think there is a huge market for online dating, especially during the pandemic. Not too sure if Match.com was for me. It was an easy way to meet people, but not sure if it really matches you with compatible people. I have heard great stories from friends about it, but it was just not for me.

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

I only did the trial but had a great time in a week span. I met so many guys and I still keep in touch. I met guys from different parts off the area that I never would have considered. Think this site really works.