Select Blinds Logo

8.3

Select Blinds was created by entrepreneur Rick Steele after he noticed a need for affordable custom-made blinds and shades. Opening its doors in 2003, Select Blinds has grown to cover every state in the U.S. and has served over 200,000 customers. The company’s products have been featured on popular home design shows from “Tiny House Nation” to “Extreme Makeover Home Edition.”

The Good

• Warranty Options
  • Great Deals
  • Wide Variety
  • Live Chat Feature

Warranty Options

Customers at Select Blinds can choose from three different warranty options: the 3-Year Limited Warranty, the 5-Year Limited Warranty, or the 5-Year Unlimited Warranty. Only the 3-Year Limited Warranty is free, although customers have the option to upgrade their warranty at a higher cost. Though these are not the best warranties in the industry, it is nice for customers to have multiple options.

Great Deals

Many of the products on the Select Blinds website have a “Buy 3 Get 1 Free” deal. Additionally, the company offers free shipping to all customers and free samples for those wondering about how certain shades will look in their homes. Select Blinds also has a section dedicated to discounted blinds, helping customers get the best deals possible.

Wide Variety

Select Blinds has a huge range of blinds and shades to choose from, ensuring that customers find exactly the style they love most.

Live Chat Feature

Select Blinds offers a live chat feature, despite the high traffic of its website. Though it is only available during business hours, customers can get help and answers to questions while browsing the company’s blind and shade options.

The Bad

Limited Experience

Unfortunately, Select Blinds has only been in the blinds industry for about 14 years. Customers who are curious about customer service or product quality cannot look to company experience as a supporting factor. Customers must rely solely on customer reviews and their own personal experience to get a feel for Select Blinds quality of service.

The Bottom Line

Select Blinds doesn’t have the greatest warranty in the industry, but it does offer multiple warranty options for customers. Though the live chat feature of the company website is only available during operating hours, Select Blinds does appear to have extremely good customer service. With its good prices, free shipping, and product deals, Select Blinds attempts to help its customers save money on blinds and shades. We recommend customers consider Select Blinds when looking for new blinds.

View Best Blinds Companies

Rain Vancouver, WA

Stumbled across this company w/a google search and was admittedly dubious when I saw how inexpensive they were. Literally cost 1/3 the price of other options. Well, I took a chance and ordered a Roman shade anyway (w/lining) and it is PERFECT in every way: easy to install, precise fit (I was worried I measured it wrong!), outstanding communication throughout the process (they send you email updates: when they receive the order; give you 48 hours for corrections; when they’re producing your blinds; and when it’s shipped!) LOVE LOVE LOVE this product & company!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

At Select Blinds, they have the best quality and selection. They can suit any price level and offer great style suggestions through their well trained staff. They offer quick install and I have been happy with the end product and service!

Alex Rogerson Saratoga Springs, UT

We recently sold our home and wanted to replace some blinds to spruce up the home. Select Blinds sent us samples within just a couple of days and our final product arrived a few days after we ordered as well. The quality was wonderful - especially for the price! They custom made the blinds and they fit perfectly in our windows.

Nicole Sohm Tremonton, UT

I order all my Roman shades from Select blinds and I have loved them. They will ship samples of their fabric swatches ahead of time so you know exactly what color you will be ordering.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

Talk about great blinds! These guys were great to work with when we ordered new blinds for all of the windows in our new house. They helped us measure the windows correctly and answered questions on how to properly install. Thank you for all your help!

Jamie Neider Kaysville, UT

Ahh! Can't say enough good things about Select Blinds. We did a recent new build and ordered custom blind for the entire home through them. They quality is excellent and the prices couldn't be beat.

Julie Kick Miamisburg, OH

Service is awful, I ordered top down bottom up blinds, my confirmation email shows that also. However I received regular blinds I can buy at Menards or Home Depot. When I called I was told I ordered the wrong blinds when asked about the picture in my confirmation email customer service said it shows that because that is an option. Wanted to return the blinds and I can only get 50% back. I will never shop here again false information customer service is awful

April Jones Tremonton, UT

I love how solid their blinds are, and the prices! They last better than the blinds purchased at competitors!

Nishita McLean, VA

I have ordered from this company twice now. Blinds came in exactly as ordered, perfect size, never an issue and the blinds stand the test of time.

Jadon Barre Dallas, TX

These blinds are reliable and sturdy. They last and the company provides a large variety of styles.

Ernie Herriman, UT

Blinds were damaged during shipping due to improper packing.