- Features and services
- Preferred interest rates
- Unique feature product
Features and Services
Associated Banc Corp has a list of varied products and services for its Midwest customers. The three that stand out are its Associated Checking, Associated Savings and especially its Fixed Rate Add-on Certificate of Deposit (CD).
First up is Associated Banc's Associated Checking account. This is a personal checking account designated for people wanting a basic, no-frills transaction account to deposit their money that is easy and convenient to access at anytime.
This account satisfies those qualifications. Here are the basic features:
- Minimum opening balance: $100
- $11 monthly service fee
The monthly service fee can be waived by doing one of the following:
- $1,000 minimum daily balance
- $2,500 in combined balances (deposits and/or investments)
- Direct deposit a total of $500 or more per statement
- Be under the age of 24 and go paperless with eStatements
As far as easy, convenient access, Associated Checking offers the following:
- Free ATM access at more than 20,000 surcharge-free network ATMs
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Associated Mobile Banking
- 24/7 Customer Care Center assistance
- Hundreds of branch locations in Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin
Some related bonuses include:
- Free Associated Bank Debit MasterCard
A few available Associated Checking debit card options are:
- Free team affiliation debit card
- Associated Bank VISA Signature Rewards Credit Card
- Zero Liability Fraud Protection
The next highlight is the Associated Savings Account. This account is designed to be simple for new savers to begin putting money away.
The account has low fees, including:
- a minimum of $25 to open
- a monthly fee of $5
The $5 monthly service fee can be waived with one of the following:
- $300 minimum daily balance
- $25 or more per month in recurring automatic deposits, such as ACH, Online Banking transfers from another account or direct deposit
- Be under the age of 18
Preferred Interest Rates
If customers already have an Associated Checking Account they will get preferred interest rates. They will also get protection against overdrafts when they link their savings account to their Associated Checking account.
A few other savings account benefits include:
- Unlimited free ATM withdrawals from Associated Bank ATMs
- 2 free non- Associated Bank ATM withdrawals per statement cycle ($2.50 each withdrawal thereafter)
- Free online banking
Unique Feature Product
Associated Banc's most unique feature product is its Fixed Rate Add- On Certificate of Deposit (CD). This CD has unusual features for customers needing lower cost with higher flexibility.
Here are the features:
- an unusually low opening balance of $100 (compared to the typical $1000)
- unlimited additional deposits of any amount, at any time (CDs don't allow deposits after term begins)
- 12 month term
- Option to have interest payment transferred to another Associated account or issued by check if CD account balance is $5,000 or more.
There is also a flexible grace period allowing the account owner 10 calendar days after maturity (one year) to withdraw the funds without penalty. (Interest is not paid during the grace period unless the funds from this Certificate of Deposit are deposited into another Associated Bank Certificate of Deposit).