Best Company Guarantee AUTOPAY Logo

AUTOPAY

8.8

LAST UPDATED: September 29th, 2022

AUTOPAY provides direct-to-consumer financing and refinancing for individuals looking for the best financing terms and a no-hassle transaction.

search

Highlight: AUTOPAY rates and terms

• Rates — as low as 1.99%
  • Minimum income requirement — $2,000 per month ($24,000 annually)
  • Minimum credit score — 600
  • Loan amounts — $2,500–$100,000
  • Loan terms — 24–84 months
  • No Social Security needed for prequalification
  • Loan offers are good for 30 days

Continue reading for a full review of this auto refinance company, or jump down to Autopay reviews.

The Good

• Multiple Refinancing Options
  • Get Rates Instantly
  • Low Minimum Credit Score
  • Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

Multiple Refinancing Options

AUTOPAY offers multiple types of refinancing:

• Traditional refinancing — lower your interest rate, reduce your monthly payment, shorten the length of your loan, and find a lender that better fits your needs
  • Cash back refinancing — get as much as $12,000 cash back and use funds to pay high interest debt
  • Lease payoff refinancing — keep a car you are currently leasing at the end of your term and even pay off the lease early

With these options you can more easily tailor your refinancing experience to your specific needs and circumstances. It is important to note that not all auto refinance lenders offer cash back refinancing or lease buyouts.

Get Rates Instantly

No matter the reason you're refinancing your vehicle, AUTOPAY works hard to make the process short, simple, and entirely online.

To start, you will need to provide some basic information. This includes things like your name and whether you're applying alone or with a co-borrower. You'll also be asked to provide your address, previous address, current employment status, and information about the vehicle and your existing loan.

Once all the e-paperwork is filled out, AUTOPAY will present a list of loan offers from different loan lenders.

Low Minimum Credit Score

With a minimum credit score requirement of approximately 600, AUTOPAY recognizes that not everyone will have a perfect credit score, and is committed to helping everyone refinance their auto loan. AUTOPAY will work with you to get the best rates possible.

Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

To see your rates, AUTOPAY does a soft credit inquiry or a soft pull (which does not affect your credit score). This is great for those who are merely comparing quotes and shopping around before committing to an auto refinancing loan.

Once you select a loan offer with AUTOPAY, then a hard credit pull is required.

The Bad

• Not a Direct Lender
  • No Refund Policy

Not a Direct Lender

While it isn't necessarily a bad thing that AUTOPAY isn't a direct lender, processing and underwriting loans in-house, it does have a few drawbacks: rates are subject to change depending on the lender you choose from AUTOPAY's network, and fees may also vary.

However, refinancing through a marketplace lender, such as AUTOPAY, does provide you with greater flexibility in finding the best loan option for your needs. But it is important that you reasearch your chosen lender to know what fees and terms they might have.

No Refund Policy

AUTOPAY has a no refund policy. Don't expect any refunds to be provided for payments made to your AUTOPAY account.

The Bottom Line

AUTOPAY is a good option for anyone who has recently improved their credit score and would like to start their search on a refinancing company.

AUTOPAY is not a lender, but is a lender marketplace (meaning you fill out a form and will receive offers from multiple lenders in AUTOPAY's credit union network). Most auto refinancing companies operate under the same model, providing a borrower with the ability to view and compare various refinancing loans and rates. A benefit or working with AUTOPAY is that a list of lenders will be populated after you enter your information online. Many other companies require a phonecall with a company representative before a borrower can access a list of lenders.

After submitting your application, AUTOPAY will do a soft credit pull, which does not affect your credit score. If you choose to work with a lender, then a hard credit pull is required.

There are currently no AUTOPAY customer reviews, and so we are not in a position to recommend this company at this time. If you have refinanced an auto loan through AUTOPAY, please leave a review about your experience to help future consumers.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Jonathan Tampa, FL

The support was very attentive, but it was kind of hard to reach out to the agent that was assigned to me. Their phone number didn't have a direct line for me to call it was very one way when it came to phone calls, and text messages were kind of hard to keep up with as well I would send the message and the response wasn't even acknowledged for awhile. It's pretty straight forward and they worked with me to fit my budget. There is there's good management there, speaking with the agent and their supervisor. And I really want to commend their behavior, their attentiveness to helping me out and restructuring my financing. I would like to commend Mr B and Ms D for working with me

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Jonathan. Communication is key with our customers, Thank you for that feedback. We are glad we were able to assist.

Jason Cornelison Albany, OR

Process took much longer than expected, After almost 2 months I finally got my refinancing done. Had to make an extra payment on original loan that was ultimately refunded to me in the end. Process was very lengthy and slow.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Jason. We apologize for not meeting your expectations time wise. Occasionally lenders run behind and can cause things to move a bit slower. This is not the norm. We do appreciate your feedback.

Sep. 23rd, 2022

Marcos

Your website is very easy to follow and I got in touch with someone pretty much immediately so that helps a lot. My first auto loan was at 19% and it got down to less than 11% so I'm very grateful for that.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Marcos, thank you for choosing AUTOPAY, we are excited to see all the feedback and are grateful that we could help you through your refinance!

Sep. 3rd, 2022

Crystal Williams Fayetteville, NC

Because I continue to receive correspondence by email and in the mail when I wasn't approved and I continuously got him even though I was not approved in the beginning. There is a disconnect when you have a caseworker or somebody working on your case I still had two other agents call from auto pay and I think that that should be something that is known right away.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We appreciate your feed back! This is the only way we get better. Thank you for working with AUTOPAY!

Jun. 17th, 2022

Rose Wasik Berwyn, IL

Was a good experience. Things were processed rather quickly. I didn't give it five stars because I had to follow up on the status.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We appreciate your review Rose and we hope we can improve in the future!

Quinton

Everything was clear, laid out, and I was able to pick the right option with them. If I needed to schedule, call, or text, everybody was very responsive.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you Quinton. We know how valuable your time is and we aim to make things as smooth as possible. Great feedback.

Zachery

They were the lowest rate I could get. They were quick to reply to my questions and had all the information I needed to know about the transferring of the loan.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for sharing your experience Zachery. We love it when we can help our customers save money.

Aug. 23rd, 2022

Candy Lea McDonald Ardmore, OK

My rating is based on the organization and speed of the AUTOPAY loan process. However it would have been a 5 had the loan specialist been a little more friendly, it kind of seemed like they could care less whether I made the car loan through AUTOPAY or not. They weren't mean just not what you would expect when looking to refinance your car in turns of enthusiasm and kindness.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Candy, Thank you for your feedback! Its the only way we can improve!

Jun. 3rd, 2022

Keisha

I feel like it should have been a lower rate. Tanya Cordova was able to get back to me through any means of communication.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Keisha. We do strive to get our customers the best rate possible. So glad you have great communication with Tanya.

Steven walker Graeagle, CA

Extremely helpfull and patient. Had trouble getting proof of residence for one loan so they helped me find another that accepts more documents for it to work and go through. But when they finished the loan process they didnt give me a follow up call to find the next steps and kinda fell off the radar. Other than that service was very good.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for your feedback Steven! We greatly appreciate your business!

Jun. 3rd, 2022

Gary

I would say they're very trustworthy, I had no trouble along with them. They saved me a fair amount of money and I much appreciate it. I appreciate dealing with them and it was a good experience and I think they're a good asset.The rates were very good and I thought they were very competitive. They were very helpful. I had no problems.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the feedback! Cheers AUTOPAY!

May. 31st, 2022

Tracie M Mosely Rex, GA

The service was quick and helpful. The person I worked with was knowledgeable and patient.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for your review Tracie!

James

Autopay was convenient and they were communicative and showed me work in a long run and longevity. It was great.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the positive feedback James! Cheers, AUTOPAY!

James

It was pretty quick when we arrived at settlement. He replied really fast. Stayed right on top of it.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you James. It was our pleasure to work with you.

Rachel

They were extremely responsive, Luis was great and he was able to work with the information that I provided him.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Rachel, thank you for choosing AUTOPAY! We appreciate your business!

Aug. 30th, 2022

Joe Elkhart, IN

They worked hard to get me a good rate. I really appreciated how professional they were with the whole process.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Awesome Joe! We strive to make our customers happy. Thank you for your feedback.

Catherine

The person I worked with was very knowledgeable and helpful. I had a bunch of questions that he was able to answer quickly. I was pre-approved for an A.P.R. higher than what I got so that was a surprise.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Great to hear we were able to help you save Catherin! Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

May. 31st, 2022

Blake Germaine Filer, ID

Great option, and happy I learned about your service through creditkarma

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you Blake! We are very glad we could help and that the process was simple!

Selena

I worked with Carrie and she was a good communicator, explained things well.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Selena, thank you for the positive feedback! It means a lot to us!

Sep. 3rd, 2022

Jeffrey Cruz Thornton, CO

The people that took care of me were vary professional and I'm I'm glad was very good.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Jeffrey. Thank you very much for the positive review.

Carolyn [email protected] Sedalia, MO

You waited till everything was done before you told me you were raising the interest I would not have finished or signed the paperwork. It came across as being sneaky and h6

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for reaching out, Carolyn! Since you've left your email address, our customer success team will reach out to you directly to seek a resolution. Thank you for your review!

Antoinette J Butler Chicago, IL

The agents really helped me with what I needed

Reply from AUTOPAY

Awesome Antionette! Our customers are our #1 priority.

Sep. 15th, 2022

jim nance Enterprise, AL

smooth operation with friendly service and great offers

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you Jim, we hope in the future we can assist again!

Evan Fears Walnut Ridge, AR

Good constant assistance with minor hiccups.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Evan, thank you so much for your review, we hope the delays weren't substantial and would love to hear from you again!

Tonya Ronnebaum Charlevoix, MI

Some of the instructions were misleading. The outcome was positive. My car was refinanced at a lower rate. However the payoff information was misleading. We still had to make an extra payment because neither Autopay nor Ally Financial could tell me information on the pay off. It was the new lender that gave us the information.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Tonya, thanks for leaving this review! I'm glad we could speak and get this resolved; so sorry about the confusion with the payoff! If you have any questions, please give us a call at 844-290-5731.

Dec. 9th, 2021

Tysha Bolding Louisville, KY

Autopay got me into a lower monthly payment and a much lower interest rate. Only complaint is they don't tell you upfront that the process takes about a month from loan approval to them sending the payoff, which resulted in my payment being late.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Tysha, I'm so sorry there was a delay in funding your loan; usually it only takes a week or so! We would love to look into this to see what went wrong. Do you mind giving our customer success team a call when you're able? Our number is 844-290-5731.

Dec. 1st, 2021

Samantha Freeman Pembroke, NC

I had a fairly good experience with them. Response time from my loan specialist wasn't always great, and on 2 occasions that I checked in with her, there was an issue or another document needed but she didn't reach out to me to let me know. The process could have been better and faster with a little more communication.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Samantha, thank you so much for the review. I'm so sorry to hear that you had difficulty contacting your specialist, and that it slowed things down. We value great communication, so we would love to hear more about your experience. If you would like, please give us a call 844-290-5731 so we can research this further.

Oct. 25th, 2021

Roscoe Waukee, IA

The process overall was pretty seamless. I didn't like that there was an additional warranty placed in the contract when my car isn't a year old. I also didn't like being charged a processing fee without someone speaking to me about it. It felt like because I declined the additional warranty and GAP coverage I was charged a processing fee instead.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Roscoe, We thank you for your feedback and would love to address your concerns regarding any additional coverages on your contract. If you wish to discuss these, you may call us at 844-290-5731 and we would be happy to help find a solution for you.

Jennifer Murfreesboro, TN

Easy process, nice customer service. Communication could be better. I was asked by 2 different agents for documents that I already submitted and needed to submit twice. I am still unclear about the current payment that was drafted from my previous loan. I was hoping to have everything completed before the draft hit bit it wasn't. I have had to follow up in order to check status of the process. I feel like if I hadn't followed up, it would still be processing.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Jennifer, thank you for sharing your experience. At AUTOPAY we strive for an excellent experience and apologize for falling short. We would be delighted to help clear up any remaining confusion. Please call us at 844-290-5731 when you are ready.

Alexander Law Ellensburg, WA

Got my interest rate incredibly lower and monthly payments to something I could afford every month. Super please would have given 5 stars if my sales associate would ask for documents in one go, would not always seemed rush and cut off our phone calls/also with my car insurance agent and follow up with me instead of someone else about final approval and status

Reply from AUTOPAY

Alexander, Thank you for taking the time to leave us our review. We value all feedback and will take yours and use it for training!

Jun. 8th, 2021

Michael J Rivera-Pere Rochester, NY

Customer Review Video

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear about this experience, and our customer success team would love to look into this. Please give us a call when you can so we can see what went wrong. Our number is 844-290-5731, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Dec. 1st, 2021

Bernard Henderson West Palm Beach, FL

There were times when I was left out of the loop for more than 72 hours and didn't know what the status of my application, I thought I'd have put everthing on hold and start from scratch. on

Reply from AUTOPAY

Bernard, I'm so sorry you felt left out of the loop! We aim to keep you updated 100% of the way, so we'd like to see what went wrong. Do you mind reaching out to our customer success team so we can look into this? We can be reached at 844-290-5731, and we hope to hear from you!

Oct. 26th, 2021

Gerald Bias Maitland, FL

Everything was fine. I would've like better communication at the end of the process, I was not told when my truck was paid off and the new Started Until I received communication from the new company via mail

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Gerald, Thank you for the feedback and how we can improve! We are working to create a smoother transition to the lender for all of our customers! Thank you for choosing AUTOPAY!

Oct. 25th, 2021

Joseph

The customer service personelle were pretty quick.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you Joseph. We are glad we met your expectations.

Angelique

They answer all my questions that I needed.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Great to hear Angelique. Thank you for the feedback.

Nenette Serrano Las Vegas, NV

The process took a bit longer than expected. Make sure to read the fine prints and numbers because I did have to sign the DocuSign at least 5-6 times due to an error on their end, but my loan assistant was nice enough to waive the doc fee when I asked. Other than that everything else was smooth.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Nenette, I'm so sorry to hear that there was an inconvenient error in our paperwork but very glad that we were able to find you a good solution. Thank you for choosing AUTOPAY!

Oct. 23rd, 2021

Michael Glenn Indianapolis, IN

My rep was great. Very helpful. Had a few hiccups at the end of the process. Wrong amount sent for loan payoff resulting in 2 loans being open at the same time with new loan being due for payment. Tracking number was requested but not given for payoff check.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you so much for the feedback, Michael! We apologize for the issues during your refinance but are happy to hear that you were able to have a good experience overall. We will work to ensure errors like this do not continue. If you still need the tracking number please call us at 844-290-5731

Theresa Lingenfelter Mason, MI

My loan was quick to go through an easy enough to process but the follow up information is definitely lacking I have no idea how to pay my loan when my loan is due if there is an app available to pay my loan I'm still trying to figure that out

Reply from AUTOPAY

Theresa, we are sorry to hear about this gap in information, Typically once the loan refinances are completed the new lender reaches out directly. Thank you for your feedback, we will work to create a smoother process.

Jessica Higdon Browns Summit, NC

The service you offer is great and for the most part the speed at which the process happens was great. At first the rep I would with was awesome. After the deal was agreed upon the customer service I received in regards to my application and loan timeline was horrendous. The rep became rude and condescending.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hi Jessica, I'm so sorry about this experience. We always strive for excellent customer service all the way through the loan process, so we would love to see where we went wrong. Do you mind giving us a call at 844-290-5731 when you're able? This way, we can research the issue and prevent it from happening again.

Oct. 23rd, 2021

Alan J Roukey Northampton, MA

They took their sweet time submitting the application to my old finance company. The old finance company took my bill out for the month. I did not budget the extra expense, so a whole bunch of other bills did not have the funds. My bank the charged me $500 in overdraft fees.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Alan, We apologize for the delay and thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would love to address your concerns about your loan and what occurred. If you could please give us a call when you are ready at 844-290-5731 we will be more than happy to assist you to make sure everything is in order for you.

Daniel Hayes Proctorville, OH

Ease of use. Representative was very helpful and informative about the product.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Fantastic Daniel!, Thank you for sharing your experience!

Jul. 7th, 2022

Derwin Rogers Pembroke Township, IL

Autopay should quote the most favorable interest rate first without any prodding

Reply from AUTOPAY

Yes, our goal is to do the best for our client, glad we could help you Derwin.

Jun. 17th, 2022

Mackenzie Hess Abilene, KS

My agent worked really hard to get me the best deal possible. The only issue I had was with the lender who kept needing me to re-sign paperwork.

Reply from AUTOPAY

I'm so sorry we had to re-do the documents, Mackenzie! We try to avoid this as much as possible. If you would like to share more of your experience, our Customer Success team would love to hear. Please call us at 844-290-5731.

Benjamin D Washburn Las Vegas, NV

Very nice agents, easy process. Only thing was I was told I would have 60 days before first payment and did not get that I had a payment due within 30 days. More accuracy would be helpful for customers.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Benjamin, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We would like to apologize for any confusion. The first payment date is set during contracting. Since there was a delay you should be getting any over-payment back from your lender. If you have any questions or would like more information please call us at 844-290-5731. We will strive to make this more clear in the future and apologize again for the confusion.

Lyndsey Friedens, PA

Experience was good my only complaint would be be playing phone tag with my my loan agent. It got to the point it was easier to text him rather than call call because he'd not return my call right away

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you so much for the feedback! We apologize for any issues with communication but are happy to hear that you were able have a good experience overall! Thank you for working with AUTOPAY!

Patricia Foss Saint Peters, MO

Timing and ciontact avaialbility and response time was longer than necessary. All of which resulted in my having to pay more than agreed upon on phone with Jessica and a negative credit rating resulting in a 85 point drop.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for sharing Patricia. We would like to take the time to address your feedback, please call us at 844-290-5731 to discuss.

Emmanuel Addo Trenton, NJ

just was quick and helpful very easy to go through the process

Reply from AUTOPAY

Perfect! Thank you,! We appreciate you sharing!

Jun. 23rd, 2022

Sierra Young Sebastian, FL

when i had a personal agent everything was easy, but now have no contact and im struggling to find answers

Reply from AUTOPAY

I'm sorry you haven't been able to contact your specialist, but we're happy to provide answers, Sierra! Please just give us a call at 844-290-5731 so we can help.

Adrienne Valade Anaheim, CA

Easy and fast. I had to send documents a few times before I could get refinanced. Hiwever, overall I had a good experience.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Adrienne, so sorry that you had to send documents a few times, but I'm glad to hear that you were were happy overall. If you'd like to discuss your experience, please just give us a call at 844-290-5731. We would be happy to help!

Dec. 8th, 2021

Preston Porter Randolph, MA

They make the application process easy to do and overall satisfaction with the representatives. A pleasure to work with

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the review, Preston! I'm so glad we were able to help.

Dec. 8th, 2021